yazzungullo

Morocco

she/her | 16 |/ |depressed minecraft girl lol | legit the biggest simp to exist | marvel superfan | homegirl is a muzzie :D |

bucky>>>>

pinterest: daddeiiyazzy

peace.

hello loves!!

i hope you're doing well, and if you're not i'm here to cheer you on!! lovejuu

<333

numb.

feeling like i'm drowning 
these days are all the same
i'm stuck in my prison,
called my head 
i can't find the key
nor the officer 

when will i get broken out?
everyday is torture, 
i can't get out bed
someone please,
help me??

insomnia.

my mind is constantly eating at me,
i’m reliving past mistakes,
nightmares glisten my eyes,
it’s honestly tiring,

i’m up all night,
recalling things they’ve said,
i can’t get it out of my head,
i want to call for help,
when will i be unleashed from this cell?

crooked roads.

you’re always so cold to me
yet my heart warms up when i see you
i can feel me burning up
slowly sprawling over my body
how do i get these feelings to stop?

am i too good for you?
or am i not enough?
i’m lost on these roads
everything is blocking my way
the path to you seems so long
i’ll run out of gasoline before i reach you

but is that for the best?

treasure.

the key to your heart is always changing
your aperture never stays the same
i’m drowning in the countless keys i’ve made
nothing is working
nothing goes my way

let me pick up the remaining shards of your heart
i’ll wrap them around my neck in chains
i know how to treasure things
can’t you see?

trust.

your replies are empty
but i’m always there to fill them
i ask countless questions
your answers are non-existent 
you’re obsessed with her
you never stop telling me about her

i remind you of her sometimes
i act like her somehow

a penny for my thoughts?
how do i fill that gap?
i never stop trying to
it’s a rigged game
what do you want for me?

i try to stop your pain
i want to make your hurt go away
but would you let me? 
are you willing to let your guard down?
when do i get the key to your heart?

how long till i break the box it’s in?
i’d let you bend me to your will
i’d let you mold me into what you want
i’m always here for you
ready to commit
but are you?

ghosted.

it doesn’t matter who i talk to
i’m just waiting for it to happen
waiting for the hurt to come
it’s okay
you can leave me now
ghost me like everyone else did
i’m ready for it
my heart is drowned in red
i grab the whiteout to hide it

i gotta drown all the feels away
hiding is what I’m good at it
you should know that by now

when will i be asked what i want?
maybe you’re built different
maybe you’re just the same as the others
or maybe you’ll surprise me
i’m just waiting after all ..

the moon

the moon settled in her eyes
blinding anyone who saw her 

she didn’t show it off
neither did she brag
but she did pray that the light 
would guide here to the right path

arabic ver.

القمر ينزل في عينيها
لم تبدها
ولم تتفاخر
الشيء الوحيد الذي فعلته هو الصلاة 
أن الضوء سيرشدها إلى الطريق 
الصحيح

Flash Fiction Competition 2020

coal heart

it was an epiphany painted out in ripped jeans and embroidered converse. they were pluviophiles dancing in the dark, waiting till they shall disembark. she was irenic bringing peace to his soul, what she didn't know was his heart was made of coal.  

Food Writing Competition 2020

شكشوكة‎

Sizzle the fresh olive oil ordered, the onions and garlic cooked deliciously and popped every now and then. The aroma they gave off and the golden brown color was surely more than enough to make someone's mouth water. The heat was on low as the chef said "slow and steady wins the race".
      Dice said the tomatoes, they had just come in from the farm, and the vegetable man on his cart gave them to us. We returned the favour with a couple bills. The tomatoes were then also thrown into the pan, the oil welcomed them with a happy splash, covering them in warmful bliss. The salt and pepper seemed to shake itself into the pan, slowly covering the simmering veggies with its flavor. It was amazing how something so simple could taste like a five star meal, it always left us coming back for more. I watched the chef add some راس...

this is america

"Hands behind your head" they said, "Put the weapon down" the muttered staring at us like we were vicious beasts."They're going to kill me" said one man, "Mama" he called out. But where was his loving embrace? Where was the love he should have been given? Where was the compassion that not a soul gave him? "I can't breathe" he stuttered, holding on to his dear life. Death crawling up on him with every gulp of air he managed to drink. 

"I'm a young black man, doing all that I can to stand. Oh, but when I look around and I see what's being done to my kind  every day, I'm being hunted as prey." sang a young boy. But why? Why must such a young boy say these words, why must he feel like an animal? Why does such a beautiful being have to be discriminated for the color and/or religion. If the world was summed up into one...

Happy Despise

Tear after tear, lie after lie,

where is my happiness? I cannot decide.

When my heart wants one path, they take me as a psychopath.

Why can't they understand?

I want to love without command.

I try and try to see with their eyes, but i'm blinded with their despise.

Trouble and more trouble,

apology after apology,

why should I be sorry,

for being the real me?

22 FOLLOWERS!

Hi Guys! I know some might think that 22 followers isn't a big deal. But to me it means the world to know that I have people from different areas around the world that like my work. I want to say thank you to everyone who has taken interest in my writing pieces it means a lot to an aspiring write like myself. 

Thank You:

@Indexianna

@Galactic Bubblegum

@LyraLynne

@TheUnicornPrincess

@Huda Ayaz

@Crazy

@ajamwal

@Charisse Marison

@Julia ♬

@ava09

@elani@sun4

@zalma

@Reaza

@Connecting...

@Eri_09

@caityege

@hi i'm jackson ;)

@Bear<3

@Kaitlyn ❄

@Ledrith

@A Rose 

@Vinter Vejen

Once again, thank you. You guys all touched my heart! 

Ramadan Writing Contest!

Hello everybody, I have decided to hold my first writing competition! I hope you guys like it! Just wanna say this before I get to the point, you don't have to be Muslim to enter this competition. This is for people of all races, religions, and genders.

~Rules~

1. You don't have to be a follower to enter the contest
2. No cussing
3. Writing limit is from 200 - 2,000 words
4. The deadline is the day after Eid
5. You can enter on 3 times if you want to do each prompt

Write the prompts on your piece's title in this format: Ramadan(1), Ramadan(2), Ramadan(3), Ramadan(4_

Comment on my this page, and put your link!

Ramadan Writing Competition

The three prompts of this Competition:

1.Food writing:  Iftar and/or Suhoor

2. Ramadan Reminders

3. Spiritual feeling 

Contest Prizes: 

First Place: 

3 Likes of my choice, 2 peer reviews of your choice, 2 comments of my choice

Second place:

1...

Ramadan?

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I used this platform, I'll occasionally stumble upon it and feel awful because of how much I don't use it. 

Anyhow, it's almost Ramadan! My Ramadan starts tonight, but many of you might have already started it. This Ramadan will be especially different, with quarantine and COVID19 many people's lives have changed. 

I hope your Ramadan will go splendid! My next post will be something special! ;-)

Op-Ed Competition 2020

Creativity in Class?

School is the power outlet leading us to our adulthood, the staircase towards "success". But what can we call successful? Ideally, having a job that pays well, a car, and a roof over your head is what all schools should help you achieve right? But some may end up down the gutter, others may be unsatisfied but still must work their job to support themselves. It makes you wonder are schools giving you enough creativity time? What happened to the kid that you knew with the most gifted talents?

The only creative subjects in a standard school are Arts and Music. Some may be contented with that, but what about the kids who never had a chance to show what they're good at? The kid that was amazing with animals, knew every single one and memorized everything about them in a book. Or language-lovers? Many teachers might say that they make sure there is enough creativity in school, while some of them might, not everyone has a possibility in other schools. This...

Locker 89: The Diary; Page 1

Dear Diary,

Today was pretty uneventful, our History teacher told us to start keeping diaries. We were to be acting as Anne Frank, which is twisted in some way. I suppose I should tell you a little bit about me, not too much though.

The weirdest thing has been happening with A, he kept staring at me in the weirdest way. But when I confronted him, A said they didn't know what I was talking about. It was interesting... 

Anyways, my friends and I are gonna meet up this Saturday. We're gonna have the bestest sleepover ever. You don't even know me or them, my name is Brooklyn. I just moved here recently, I happened to befriend a couple of people here.

Skylar is the first one I met, I could never forget her in that adorable sweater and space buns. Her smile was so welcoming, and she smelled of roses. She introduced me to her other friends Austin and...

Environmental Journalism Competition 2020

The Climate is Changing, And So Will We

Climate change is a topic on hit fire lately, with no one standing up to change, young activists such as Greta Thunberg are urging people to start.  "This is all wrong. I shouldn't be up here. I should be back in school on the other side of the ocean. Yet you all come to us young people for hope. How dare you!" 
Ms. Thunberg's words are screaming, telling us that it is time to change. The Polar ice caps are melting, till they shall be no more. What will happen to our oceanic life? Where will they live, how do we change this?

The entire ocean is littered with plastic, and metal harming all oceanic life. Day by day, we are killing our home. When I take a stroll to the beach by our house, all I see is the damage we're doing. Plastic bottles, aluminum cans, soap containers, and many more are left on the beach. Not a single...

Locker 89

BREAKING NEWS: YET ANOTHER HAS GONE MISSING FROM APPLEBROOK HIGHSCHOOL-

The school speaker chimed, screaming out the horrible news. Yet another girl, gone missing another friend leaving my side. I passed by all the students, reaching my locker, their faces showed no sorrow or pain. Opening it up, I grabbed my English textbook, "Austin!" someone called out before engulfing me in a hug making me drop my backpack. "Oh, hey Lukas," I replied. Skylar was soon to follow, also somehow engulfing me with her small frame. "I heard what happened, she said, I'm so sorry Austin." 

I consoled her telling her it was ok, the bells rang making us dash to classes after saying goodbye. I rushed to the door, panting as I set my books down. "Austin," called Ms. Holmes. She was the substitute teacher, still in school herself. "I'm sorry, she said, I'll have to mark you as tardy today." 

The class went smoothly for a while until...

A Better One

Hello dearest dearies of the deariest world. Those who follow me might have seen my awful flop of a story that I didn't continue "Black Rose". I was in a rush to post something and wasn't feeling to well, so I have decided to write something else to make up for it, Black Rose is still in the works but the idea isn't finished. I've had this story in the works for an extremely long time, I'll be posting it very, very soon. <3

Comebacks?

Hello, darlings~

I'm not on this platform as much as I want to be. Due to something called writer's block and studies, anyhow I hope anyone who reads this is doing well. 

So here are all the comeback I know about: 

Feb:

February 3rd: Gfriend comeback, Everglow comeback, and DKB debut

February 4th: Cignature debut, LOONA comeback

February 5th: Twice re-release Japanese comeback with two new songs.

February 6th: iKon comeback

February 14th: Monsta X English Album release 

February 21st: BTS Album

March 6th: NCT 127 comeback

Comebacks?

Hello, darlings~

Feb:

February 6th: iKon comeback

February 21st: BTS Album

#bemine (3) Crazed Love

His smiling eyes peered at her's
Making her heart flutter
He replied with a friendly smile
That tainted her thoughts for a while
Everyday her love would get stronger
But "did he love me?" she'd always ponder

It was jinxed she thought,
When he walked down the hall
With a girl and all
She felt her heart shatter, she had never mattered

Her hands were red, and in front of her
The girl had bashed her head
She let out crazed laughter
Like nothing had mattered
She was no longer Alice
But Mad Hatter  

If only she knew, her love was there
His voice was disappeared in thin air
She turned around and smiled
Hoping he'd understand
But she walked right through him

For her crazed love was in her head

Q&A Answers

Thank you so much for the questions! Love you all.

Answers: 

@hi i'm jackson ;): 

1. I actually just added spaces for a, I guess you could say "dramatic" effect.

2. My favorite P!ATD song is really hard to pick, but I think it's either "Miss Jackson" or "There's A Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey You Just Haven't Thought Of It Yet". Lmao, it's a really long name.

3. I'd say my life is fairly enjoyable, but of course with good things come bad. Life can either be balanced or unbalanced. 

4. Oh gosh, I absolutely love reading the first book series that got me into reading was "The Magic Treehouse" series. My favorite series is probably "The Little House on the Prairie". My favorite book is "Walk Two Moons".

5. It kinda fluctuates, but I'm into pastel colors and kinda darkish pastel colors.

Thank you sooooooo much for submitting these delightful questions. <3 

@PRANAVI_09eri 

1. I actually...

Q&A? (cherry bullet reference anyone?)

henlo's everybodies. 

*crickets chirping* 

ok, i'm cringe but anyway. i was wondering if you guys had any questions for me, i'd be happpy to answer them

úWù

You can put any questions that you have in the comments, on this paper, page, idk.

anyways, goodbye me loves. 

stan tom hiddleston 

My December Competition 2019

December Soup

December, the last month of the year. What's so special about it? Why does everyone make a supposed "big deal" about it, my younger self chimed? Truly, the month couldn't just be as boring as you think I replied. She and I were in the kitchen looking for onions, ready to make onion soup. 

My perfect December consisted of, staying outside in the sprinkling rain and harsh winds. I couldn't get enough of it, and I felt energized whenever I was outside. Another was opening the window at night and purposely making myself feel cold so that I would delve into the blankets. It may be weird but I enjoyed winter's coldness, brewing its mixture of rain and thunder. But there would be no December without family.

December wasn't about holidays, to me it was any other month. Maybe the most exciting month was December. I recalled last year, my cousins came over a few weeks before and we stayed...

winter

the snow starts falling
stars are fawning
everyone drowning 
in this cold breeze

smothering themselves 
with blankets
warm heaters 
and their cup of tea 

but that's not me

when the bells ring
the people will sing 
as I stare out the window 

all alone, all alone

me not celebrating
me not elevating
me not with them

watching the snowflakes,
marking the daybreak 
me alone, me just at home

oh~

when the bells ring
the people will sing
as I stare out the window

me not celebrating 
me not elevating
me not with them

closing my eyes,
my tears will fall
into the cup of water

filled to the brim,
I go to the sink,
and pour my feelings away~
away~

Black Rose #1

Cameras were flashing their white lights, making my eyes see unknown specs. I hurriedly walked into the room, it was the beginning of a new case. As soon as I entered the room, a whiff of what happened delved into my nose. 

This case was much worse, so much worse than last time. The victim's lifeless body was left in an awful manner; shot in his head, his blood let out a sweet sticky smell, and the body was left untouched for me to examine. The piercings in his body seemed to be a bit old, time of death should've been yesterday at 22:45 if he's in this state.

The poor boy's family was there, the look on their pain-struck faces left an ache in my heart. I approached his mother and said my condolences, curious I asked her a question.

"Miss, when was the last time you saw your son?" 

"Mrs. Lionhart, it's very sad to see that we've lost...

Quiet Night

In a forest, there's a silver breeze
colors come out covering the night's sky,
the lake very silent still shining under the moonlight,
little sparks come out to play with the fireflies
and everything very smooth and silent

Novel Writing Competition 2019

Close Your Eyes #JakeFrommContest20

Elijah Mason opens his sleepy eyes to see her once again. It's close to midnight, and she's dancing at a party; beneath the stars. 

They seem to twinkle and laugh at her, the night sky was swirled with clouds, and the grass is a dewy green. Yet still, no one notices as he looks at her. He knows everything about her, her full name; Mira Bella Jane, how she loves to draw little planets on anything she could get her hands on. He slowly took a sip of his wine, letting the flavors dance on his taste buds. He never drank but, today was different. "Slow down, bud," said his old pal; Aiden. Aiden's laugh rang out like silver bells as he watched Elijah choke on his drink.

"Staring at Mira again?" said Aiden as he gave him a tissue "You're never going to get anywhere if you don't talk to her."  Elijah replied as he wiped his cherry...

I picked the title

Hello everyone, I just wanted to say thank you for commenting on which names you had preferred. I know I said the deadline was tomorrow but I decided on "Black Rose".  I hope you guys look forward to it. 

Again Thank You,

YJ

Help me out?

Henlo, I'm lonely af so no one will see this. But your thought would be very much appreciated. I plan on making a fuller story, so here are some titles. I don't wanna spoil what type but I guess it's kinda like a mystery. 

Pick which one is the best. 

Thank You!  <3 

1. Tell me no lies

2. Sea of Lies

3. Game Over

4. Black Rose

Novel Writing Competition 2019

Close Your Eyes #JakeFrommContest20

"Staring at Mira again?" said Aiden as he gave him a tissue "You're never going to get anywhere if you don't talk to her."  Elijah replied as he wiped his cherry tinted...

stan rhett and link

Ok, I was casually looking through my documents. Reading old stuff reminiscing the past, and boy oh boy. I found something I never wanted to see; my GMM fanfiction. I have been a fan of GMM since 2014, so I guess that's an accomplishment. But there was specifically one year where I wouldn't watch anything but them. Hence, the fanfiction cos I knew I'd never meet them so someone else did. 

My dignity has left the chat at this point, so try not to DIE.  It begins with a crappy title which is enough for you to click out and delete your history.

Anyways here it is:

P.S I left all the mistakes I made.

A Dream Come True
   I was just waking up from a nice slumber. I jumped out of bed and went to take a shower, afterwards I slipped on a GMM t-shirt and some shorts with a pair of...

Short Story? Page 2

Previously: Until it didn't....

There she was in all her glory, her face turned ashy from the dirty place she slept in every night. Unlike her former companion, who slept on a feather bed every night. Even so she was radiating, what had shined about her the most was her eyes; no matter what she had seen, they still shined with a fierce, dark brown light. Yet she still had a flaw; her heart. Quite merciless she was, even to the most horrifying people, her biggest gift was also her biggest weakness. So, of course she was shocked when she saw him on his knees begging for forgiveness. Her head became filled with thoughts, she pondered about whether she should trust him or not. She stared into his timid eyes, age had become them. Was it not long ago that they were youthful children, playing in their parent's garden? So, she did what she thought any person would do; take...

Short Story?

Slow and steady was her heart as she looked into the piercing eyes of her companion, her friend, the apple of her eye; turned evil. She watched as he killed her people mercilessly, as he burned down every village, every shack she built. Never once did she flinch, as he did not. Never did she cry from the pained screams of torture she heard every night. She no longer had to live with it, no longer had to endure, because she knew she was next. She didn't run or hide, neither did she call for help. He was walking towards her, every step seemed to match her breath. Until it didn't.

Get to Know Me..maybe

All right, I'm probably known by 0.01 percent of the world population..but let's just add some info about myself since cuz I want to *Music from Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse*. All right people let's do this one last time, my name is Yasmine you can call me YJ tho. I'm fifteen. I was born on Sept 27, 2004, I am a music fanatic my favorite songs right now are; Me Like Yuh - Jay Park, Train of Life - Roger Miller, Way Back Home - SHAUN ft Conor Maynard. This is a basic overview of myself, that I don't like but on with the story. I enjoy singing and plan on going to music school? Uh, (I feel like my friend just asked me to describe myself on twitter). Anyways, that's all for now, besides I like kpop, and NCT is my favorite group. Also, not to mention Loki and Bucky are fine af. Both my favorite characters from Marvel....

Album Review Competition 2019

Words and Music

Roger Miller is perhaps one of the smaller country artists, but to those that heard him, he was the best. His first album was "Roger and Out", it was released under the Smash Records label in 1964, and re-released in 2005 under a different label. But the album that rose Miller to his fame has got to be "King of the Road" released in 1965, as soon as everyone heard the title track, also coincidentally called "King of the Road", they were hooked. It had that silky, smooth rhythm. Along with the sweet, bassy tune the guitar was playing, not to mention Miller's rich and mellow voice. Unlike, some of his other songs. "King of the Road" has longer lyrics, and yet again this song is just an example of the pinnacle of his gifted musical techniques.
Miller's song don't exactly have a genre. By guitar you could say country but by lyrics you couldn't place your finger on it. 

My...

Album Review Competition 2019

Words and Music

Roger Miller is perhaps one of the smaller country artists, but to those that heard him, he was the best. His first album was "Roger and Out", it was released under the Smash Records label in 1964, and re-released in 2005 under a different label. The album that rose Miller rose to his fame has got to be "King of the Road" released in 1965, as soon as everyone heard the title track, also coincidentally called "King of the Road", they were hooked. It had that silky, smooth rhythm. Along with the sweet, bassy tune the guitar was playing, not to mention Miller's rich and mellow voice. Unlike, some of his other songs. "King of the Road" has longer lyrics, and yet again this song is just an example of the pinnacle of his gifted musical techniques.

My...

Album Review Competition 2019

Words and Music

Roger Miller is perhaps one of the smaller country artists, but to those that heard him, he was the best. His first album was "Roger and Out", it was released under the Smash Records label in 1964, and re-released in 2005 under a different label. "Roger and Out" didn't have any, not necessarily, emotional lyrics example; "Lou's Got a Flu" the song, a jolly tune? Yes. Lyrics; "And Lou's got the flu and he's laid up, laid up, laid up". It was a fun and upbeat album, you could listen to it if you wanna laugh and have fun. I would kind of relate it to "Gangnam Style" by Psy, the song has the beat, the tune, and fun to say lyrics. But the album that rose Roger Miller to fame, was most definitely "King of the Road", released in 1965, as soon as everyone heard the title track, also coincidentally called "King of the Road", they were hooked....

Album Review Competition 2019

Words and Music

Roger Miller is perhaps one of the smaller country artists, but to those that heard him, he was the best. My favorite album is
the album of 1966, "Word and Music". Miller's fourth studio album and the weirdest album of them yet. The songs in the album say so much, yet sings so little. It's as if the guitar is explaining everything to you, with each chord humming soothing words. One of his popular songs "Husbands and Wives", was covered by Brooks and Dunn, in their 1988 album, it was a #1 hit for the couple. "Husbands and Wives" is a very impactful and passionate song. It tells a tale of "two broken hearts" and upsetting words said by married couples. 
His first album was in "Roger and Out", it was released under the Smash Records label in 1964, and re-released in 2005 under a different label. Unlike "Words and Music", "Roger and Out" didn't have any, not necessarily,...

Album Review Competition 2019

Words and Music

the album of 1966, "Word and Music". Miller's fourth studio album and the weirdest album of them yet. The songs in the album say so much, yet sings so little. It's as if the guitar is explaining everything to you, with each chord humming soothing words. One of his popular songs "Husbands and Wives", was covered by Brooks and Dunn, in their 1988 album, it was a #1 hit for the couple. "Husbands and Wives" is a very impactful and passionate. It tells a tale about "two broken hearts" and upsetting words said by married couples. 
His first album was in "Roger and Out", it was released under the Smash Records label in 1964, and re-released in 2005 under a different label. Unlike "Words and Music", "Roger and Out" didn't have any, not necessarily, emotional...

Get to Know Me..maybe

Get to Know Me..maybe

Get to Know Me..maybe

Human Connections Essay Competition 2019

A Cup of Orange Juice

I would never give her a good morning kiss, never bid her good morning, and never juice her a cup of orange juice. Almost every single day, my grandmother would tell me to juice an orange of her mother, my great-grandmother. Me and my sibling called her Jida, I loved seeing her face light up whenever I would tell her how pretty she is or when I brought her the juice.
Her passing left a gaping hole in my heart, that I would never be able to fill. I still remember that awful night, my mom came upstairs and delivered the awful news, quick as a flash I went downstairs. My dad called me over and as the tears rolled down my cheeks, he told me that it would all be okay. I had cried the least out of all my sibling I didn't know why. I had gone through everything they had but I just stopped. 
I was upset...