Tofu(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

A broke 13-year-old who makes money by selling short stories and drawing art on Instagram.

The best writers are not the people who wrote 5 sentences and then quit. The best writers are the people who wrote 5 sentences, read it over, read it again, and edited it before moving on.

Where I'm From

Where I'm From

I'm from love,
Old, yet strong.
I'm from pleasure,
That feeling of happiness.
I'm from many tries,
And only one successful try.
I'm from tears,
From the sadness of failure.
I'm from a blooming flower.
Now I'm watching the flower wither.
I'm from pure and utter beauty.
Oh, how beauty creases from time to time.
I'm from hope,
From the wish that maybe nothing can change into something.
I'm from death,
The kind of death that brings life.

Fallen Angel (Part One)

Angel thought that Jessica was dead. That she'd done the job right and eliminated her. Now, Angel was going to have to do the job. Again. 
   It all started when Jessica got in the way of her mission. If Jessica was going to be in the way, Jessica was going to have to go. And Angel was going to see to it that Jessica got what she deserved.
   But how? The only way for Jessica to die was for her to be stealthily attacked. And Angel didn't know how to do it. 
   Because of a mutation in her genes, Jessica, like every single body in camp, had some sort of magical power.  Her power was the control of water. Jessica could easily kill Angel if she tried. But Angel's power was better. More effective.  In fact, Jessica was no match for Angel when it came to skill.
   So why did everyone prefer the water mage? What made...

Fallen Angel (Part One)

Angel thought that Jessica was dead. That she'd done the job right and killed her. Now, Angel was going to have to do the job. Again. 
   It all started when Jessica flirted with Taylor. She even went as far as to kiss Taylor. Angel liked Taylor. A lot. And Angel was going to see to it that Jessica got what she deserved.
   But how? The only way for Jessica to die was for her to burn. 
   Because of a mutation in her genes, Jessica, like every single body in camp, had some sort of power.  Her power was the control of water. But Angel's power was better. Stronger.  In fact, Jessica was no match for Angel. 
   And yet, Taylor clung to Jessica. Couldn't she see that Angel was the better choice?
   "Whatcha doing?" 
   Angel perked up and turned around. It was only Phoenix, as usual. Phoenix, the twelve-year-old thought, was waaay too clingy. And yet, everybody...

Science Fiction Competition 2018

The Venus Effect

It was late December when tragedy struck. Kenna, my wife was in the kitchen, cooking up food for Christmas. The twins, Jannette and Jessie were clad in all red, looking like Santa's little children. They sat under the tree, and waited for Kenna to finish cooking.
   Food to us was mashed potatoes and corn, if we were lucky. With the earth getting more and more populated, food is becoming more and more scarce. At least we had enough money to eat normal food. The family next door could only afford to eat rations.
   Kenna's voice is as soft and melodious as always when she says, "Dinner is ready." She smiles at me, and I smile back. The twins rush to the dinner table, and I join them soon after.
   "Daddy," they ask, their wide blue eyes piercing into my dark brown ones, "Where's the snow? I want to play in the snow."
   I don't know what to say. 
 ...