01af8518 bd9b 4b7c bc8d 232ad1f9c29e

Aquila

I enjoy reading and writing! Some of my favorite book series include Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling, Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan, The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer, and The Folk of the Air by Holly Black!

I hope you enjoy my writing! Constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated!

Fantasy Writing Competition

The Woodland Forest

The Woodland Forest was an infamous place.
    Yet, I still walked through it, ignoring the “Beware!” and “Wolves Ahead!” sign. As soon as I crossed the iron wrought gate, I found myself on a winding dirt path, damp with morning rain. 
    The dampness was in the air, and moistened my cheeks, until I felt I was completely doused in water, head to toe.
    The trees around me were green with life, foliage thick and flourishing. Colorful flowers sparkled like jewels with morning dew, and dotted the green grass, like sprinkles on a cupcake. The grass was slick with moisture; the damp turf underneath was bouncy. 
    The sky was overcast and a gentle wind rocked the trees, as if all the worries of the world were gone. 
    It was like there was nothing odd about this forest. As if nothing had ever happened here.
    Morning birds called out to each other, and...

Fantasy Writing Competition

The Woodland Forest

Fantasy Writing Competition

The Woodland Forest

The sky was overcast, a steel-gray color. The wind had a cold bite to it, but it wasn’t freezing. Just the way I liked it.
    A gentle wind rocked the trees in a sigh, as if all the worries of the world were gone. The soft breeze tickled...

Fantasy Writing Competition

The Woodland Forest

Yet, I still walked through it, ignoring the “Beware!” and “Wolves Ahead!” sign. As soon as I crossed the iron wrought gates and the stone arch, covered in vines, I found myself on a winding dirt path, damp with morning rain. 
    The dampness was in the air, and moistened my cheeks, until I felt I was completely doused in water, head to toe. The dirt was loose and sifted away easily as I dragged out my footsteps, not taking away my feet from the earth, creating two large ominous lines, that stretched on, to where my feet would take me.
    The trees around me were green with life, the foliage thick and flourishing. Colorful flowers sparkled like jewels with the morning dew, and dotted the green grass, the way sprinkes on a cupcake would. The grass was slick with moisture and the damp turf underneath was squishy and...

Fantasy Writing Competition

The Woodland Forest

Yet, I still walked through it, ignoring the “Beware!” and “Wolves Ahead!” sign. As soon as I crossed the iron wrought gate topped with a vine-covered stone arch, I found myself on a winding dirt path, damp with morning rain. 
    The trees around me were green with life, foliage thick and flourishing. Colorful flowers sparkled like jewels with morning dew, and dotted the green grass, like sprinkles on a cupcake. The grass was slick with moisture and the damp turf underneath, bouncy. 
    A gentle wind rocked the trees in a sigh, as if all the worries of the world...

Fantasy Writing Competition

The Woodland Forest

The dampness was in the air, and moistened my cheeks, until I felt I was completely doused in water, head to toe. The dirt was loose and sifted away easily as I dragged out my footsteps.
    The trees around me were green with life, foliage thick and flourishing. Colorful flowers sparkled like jewels with the morning dew, and dotted the green grass, the way sprinkes on a cupcake would. The grass was slick with moisture and the damp turf underneath was bouncy. 
    The sky was overcast, no storm clouds were present. The wind had a cold bite to it, but it wasn’t freezing. It was the...

Fantasy Writing Competition

The Woodland Forest

The trees around me were green with life, foliage thick and flourishing. Colorful flowers sparkled like jewels with the morning dew, and dotted the green grass, the way sprinkes on a cupcake would. The grass was slick with moisture and the damp turf underneath was squishy and bouncy.  ...

Fantasy Writing Competition

The Woodland Forest

Fantasy Writing Competition

The Woodland Forest

Fantasy Writing Competition

The Woodland Forest

Fantasy Writing Competition

The Woodland Forest

Science Fiction Competition 2018

Hiding In Plain Sight

2240    
     Soleraen stepped onto the deck of the gleaming spaceship and went inside the Pilot’s Bubble to turn on the giant metallic marvel. The spaceship lit up with blue light as it was brought to life. She sat down on the seat, put on the seat belt and lifted off from PL-GOL, the largest facility and university for spaceships. Soleraen watched the spinning station in the dark abyss of space. Then, she opened the envelope she had been given by her Professor which stated her mission.
Find BlkHol483
-4008.72,-56.97

She entered in the coordinates and double checked that the spaceship was on autopilot. Then, she took out her book, Mysteries of the Cosmos. She needed to get some information on what she was dealing with.

“You have arrived,” said an automated voice. 
    Soleraen entered the Pilot’s Bubble in a thin plastic suit that resembled a kind of bubble molded to the shape...

Science Fiction Competition 2018

Hiding In Plain Sight

2240    
     Soleraen stepped onto the deck of the gleaming spaceship and went inside the Pilot’s Bubble to turn on the giant metallic marvel. The spaceship lit up with light blue light as it was brought to life. She sat down on the seat, put on the seat belt and lifted off from PL-GOL, the largest facility and university for spaceships. Soleraen watched the spinning station in the dark abyss of space. Then, she opened the envelope she had been given by her Professor which stated her mission.
Find BlkHol483
-4008.72,-56.97

Soleraen entered the Pilot’s Bubble in full gear. She wore a thin plastic suit that resembled a kind of...

Science Fiction Competition 2018

Hiding In Plain Sight

2240    
     Soleraen stepped onto the deck of the gleaming spaceship. She went inside the Pilot’s Bubble and turned on the giant metallic marvel. The spaceship lit up with light blue light as it was brought to life. She sat down on the seat, put on the seat belt and lifted off from PL-GOL, the largest facility and university for spaceships. Soleraen watched the spinning station in the dark abyss of space. Then, she opened the envelope she had been given by her Professor which stated her mission.
Find BlkHol483
-4008.72,-56.97

She entered in the coordinates. She double checked that the spaceship was on autopilot, and took out her book on Mysteries of the Cosmos. She needed to get some information on what she was dealing with.

“You have arrived,” said an automated female voice. 
    Soleraen entered the Pilot’s Bubble in full gear. She wore a thin plastic suit that resembled a kind...