averageteenwriter

just an average teen writer looking to scribble out young thoughts from ashy papers
lol tumblr (tm) vibes man

Glory in mediocrity as you ascend, a phoenix, a comet, a phalanx of ink brushes and skin hurtling across the sky

Improbable Flavor

Improbable Flavor Inspo

• The taste of winter- their teeth, strong and bold as they graffiti themselves in your memory, stuck spinning in the snow, in the snow, in the snow, hair filled with snowflake dandruff and peppermint chips, a left-over smudge of cocoa that you will wipe away with your thumb oh-so-gently and savor its taste, a god-given scrap reminder of your faith
  • The taste of love- small, and soft, and shuddering with each new step it takes. it is so fragile. oh, so fragile. blood streaks down its sides and with each second you see the skin stretching over and over like a rubber balloon and maybe this will be the time it breaks but it never does. what will be inside when it cracks? you have dreamt of it yesterday, and today, and a million tomorrows. it is the most durable life you have ever borne witness to.
  • The taste of simplicity- no taste. just your taste as you hunch leaning...

A Gift For You

I have come to offer you a gift.

Yes, you, there on the other side of the screen, and all the others who will read this with a smile with full curves that enchant love forth.

And this gift is not the shiny foil-wrapped ones you get at Christmas, nor the obligatory crunchy plastic gift baggies with chocolates and pencil sharpeners in them, nor the oblong paper cranes you collect from the sky, the ground, in the mall....

This is a gift of words and a memory which you may choose to make your own, if you would accept it. 

It is a crackly, shiny memory, that will blind you and spell "forgetting" onto the tear-crusted history you have crossed out in your heart.

The announcer is nameless as he hands you the trophy. It is gilded gold, you know, and will turn silver or maybe even bronze with the constant tracing you will do with your thumb at home...

Paint Swatch

Paint Swatch Inspo

Magenta is the color of the lipstick he will put on at the first date, applied in thick oily layers in Olive Garden's bathroom. He will come back and you will talk, a soundtrack of cheesy 90s music and insect murmurs lacing each syllable you both drop, heavy and hard and like the taste of the first punch in the wrestling ring. But you will not care, and nor will he. You will explore, slowly and tenderly and shivering with your love, the reaches of him, and he will caress your ideas and fight them and strengthen you in response.

No Pause for Breath

NO PAUSE FOR BREATH Inspo

Life is beautiful and ugly and broken and perfect all at once rushing along in your heartbeat sweeping your tears away with the next bus stop you get off at messaging arrows of electricity through your sweat-stained skin that pulses, a hymn of praise, of thanks, of love, we have all fallen in love with being alive for a long time now, but life is also soft and slow and sometimes bleached of flowers, and you will see it as you lie cuddled next to your white velvet beanie bag watching nothing with eyes that hear pinpricks of water behind the thin membranes and you will scrape off a little piece of your soul and let it go, let it vanish away into that teenage room painted pink and bumpy so that you can live a little better because we are greedy- yes, let that sink in- we are greedy, we are greedy, WE ARE GREEDY, and it is...

Improbable Flavor

Improbable Flavor Inspo

• The taste of simplicity- no taste. just your taste as you hunch leaning to...