Eg

Elizabeth Gordon

I'm a young writer who likes to use writing as a way to show certain things in many different concepts. Even show how to see light in some of the darkest things. My stories are usually grim fantasy, but I write in a variety of generas.

Eg
1

Elizabeth Gordon (United States) published:

Grief

PROMPT: Improbable Flavor

Something is tickling my taste buds, and unfortunately, it's not a taste I can wash away with water. I believe this taste is called "grief". It started after Sammy died. It was a horrible experience. I was at school, then the teacher came up to me. Tears in her eyes. she told me that my brother had fallen into the lake near my house and drowned. We always told him it wasn't safe over there, but I never actually thought...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Eg

five word stories

1. She could destroy matter itself.
2. The end only took a day.
3. Don’t open the secret door.
4. Do not feed the outcasts.
5. The room sings to me.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Eg

Run Away

Hello my love, I have something to ask you. My heart burns like fire when I see you. And I cannot bear to see you go away and fight. I don’t care about the draft letter. Hitler’s reign will not get in between you and me. I know you don’t want to go fight either, writing is your dream, and I would do anything to make your dreams come true. So please, meet me by the big oak tree, where...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Eg
Wp1910038

Elizabeth Gordon (United States) started following 38wish (United States)

Eg

Hope

Darkness, the room is dark. That’s the only way I can describe it. Well, I guess I could say black, empty, eerie. But aside from that, all you need to know, is that the room is dark.
    “Where’s the light?” you ask. I don’t know, I’ve been looking for a while now, but nothing, only darkness. Most people would have given up by now, but I do believe that light is somewhere out there, there has to be.
  ...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Eg
62509f11 3c10 4d72 a348 94fea1fe4e7e

Elizabeth Gordon (United States) started following Riley Noel (United States)

Eg
Thefutureofme

Elizabeth Gordon (United States) started following Jacob.W.Merrell

Eg
Leader

Elizabeth Gordon (United States) earned a badge Leader

Eg
Popular penman

Elizabeth Gordon (United States) earned a badge Popular Penman

Improbable Flavor

Grief

Something is tickling my taste buds, and unfortunately, it's not a taste I can wash away with water. I believe this taste is called "grief". It started after Sammy died. It was a horrible experience. I was at school, then the teacher came up to me. Tears in her eyes. she told me that my brother had fallen into the lake near my house and drowned. We always told him it wasn't safe over there, but I never actually thought it would be the end of his life. That's when the taste started.
    At his funeral, the taste remained. It was the same one from a week ago. It was after the funeral that the after taste started. I couldn't tell if it felt better or worse than the one before. The first taste was a mixture of sadness and shock mostly, along with many other mixed emotions. This one felt as if something had been taken away,...

five word stories

1. She could destroy matter itself.
2. The end only took a day.
3. Don’t open the secret door.
4. Do not feed the outcasts.
5. The room sings to me.

Run Away

Hello my love, I have something to ask you. My heart burns like fire when I see you. And I cannot bear to see you go away and fight. I don’t care about the draft letter. Hitler’s reign will not get in between you and me. I know you don’t want to go fight either, writing is your dream, and I would do anything to make your dreams come true. So please, meet me by the big oak tree, where we first met. Pack your belongings. Come and run away with me.

Hope

I do get the occasional “spark”, A brief period of time where I do have light. This “spark” is only more evidence that there is light out there; and someday, I will find this light, and when I do, I will have no need for the “sparks”.
    I know there’s light out there. And I will chase it to the ends of the earth. I don’t care how long it takes. How many days, how many months, how many...

Food Writing Competition 2018

Everyone Gets a Bite!

food, it's something we all have in common. Most of us are familiar with the smell of casserole that mom just took out of the oven. Or the wave of heat that hits your face when you open the oven to take out your blueberry pie. And even if you and you're family aren't exactly the cooking type, you know that great feeling of when you hear the doorbell ring, meaning your pizza has been delivered. No matter how the food ended up on your plate, it's something we enjoy. It's unfortunate that some people out there aren't able to get the food we all know and love. So let's share the food together. In fact, lets give some food to everyone. Go on social media and show off your favorite family recipe, or favorite place to eat. Donate money to a charity donation that helps people that need food. Food is something that we all share, so lets make...

It knows I know

There are very few things I’m afraid of, in fact, if you asked me last week I would have told you I was fearless. But I do fear one thing. I cannot say it’s name, or it will know where I am. But… I can’t get it’s image out of my head.
It’s indescribable, I’m not sure how to explain it. It had red eyes, but they weren’t exactly eyes. You know what, nevermind. I’m not even going to attempt to explain this twisted creature. All I can say, is that I know it didn’t want me to see it. It wanted to get me by surprise. Honestly, I think it wanted to get the world by surprise.
It knows I know about it. Now I’m in danger. I’m currently on the move, I have too keep moving. And on the way, find out how to stop this thing.

Not in a million years

Her eyes were closed, yet she knew exactly what was in front of her. The ringing, the ringing in her head didn’t seem to go away. The air was thick, filled with dirt and dust. The smell of dirt and chemicals grasped the air, it’s thick aroma piercing one's nose. Tears fell down her face, wiping off some of the dirt, revealing her tan skin.
Her eyes slowly opened, her pine-green orbs gazing upon her surroundings. Buildings, blown to the point only their foundation stood. Holes taller and wider than she spread across the grounds she once walked. Her mouth slowly started to drop, she fell to her knees. As she sat there, on her knees, her mouth agape, her arms hanging from her sides, tears still trickling down her cheeks.  
“M-Mom, I’m sorry. I’m so sorry” the words barely escaped her mouth, tears pulling them back into her throat.  Her tear trickle turned to a hard sob. For...

Machine

People say I'm a machine. No mind, just artificial intelligence. No veins, just wires. no heart, just program. They think I don't feel pain, they look, they say what they think, then they leave. Throw rocks and sticks, then they laugh. They think I have no soul, that I am a mindless walker. I walk, I look, I repeat. That's all they see. They don't know what's inside, they don't know that they've altered my "program", that they've broken my "wires", they have no Idea how strong my "artificial intelligence" is. I won't do anything. I'm not going to show them. I will continue doing what I'm doing. I'll just look ahead, and walk.

The Limerick

Parasomnia

I see many things in my dreams
I always wake up with screams
They horrify me
They contain creatures so beastly
I'm scared of the things I see 

Darkness

As I walked blindly, lost in the darkness. I held onto my friends shoulder hoping for guidance. It was as if I was thrown out of the world to wander. I tried sensing my directions, trying to get a grasp of where I was. But even thinking about where I was just made me feel more lost. At times it was cold, I tried to sense what place could be such a quiet place with air as cold as the first snowfall. But it wasn’t quiet for long. Soon I was hearing voices echoing. I had eventually given up, it was time to accept myself into this cold, dark world.

The Insider: part 1

I live in a world where up is down, where left is right, where good is bad, where light is dark. And I hate to inform you, that I’m not in Wonderland. Instead of landing in a world of elves and dragon rides, I was put into the world of demons and Angels. Which am I you may ask? I’m what you call an insider. The insiders are those who live in the demon and angel world, but ended up there because of unnatural causes, in other words, a mortal walking where they shouldn't.
I’ll educate you a bit on what it’s like here. There are two realms, the demon and angel realms. More commonly referred to as Heaven and Hell. There’s a spot in between known as the boulevard. It’s like a small town in between Heaven and Hell. Most of the people that live there are either outcasts or insiders.
Now one last thing, how do mortals get...

25 Words

Not all princess get to be saved

Agnes pushed the princes down, the princess weakly asked."What could have possibly made you this evil?"
"not all princesses get to be saved." Agnes responded.

For the Future

I'm sorry 2118

Hello future, I wish could know who would be reading this. But still, I want to talk. I feel like because of me, because of my generation, life for you isn't as good as it should be. look out your window, do you see grass? I hope so. But I highly doubt you do. Is it safe to swim in the ocean? or is it too polluted. Do animals look the same? or have they developed mutations due to radiation? Well, if everything I said seems accurate, then I guess all I can say is sorry. I'm sorry we ruined your wonderful earth. I'm sorry we caused destruction just for you to suffer from our mistakes.I'm sorry your life is miserable. I feel horrible, we could have fixed it, we could have prevented world war 3, or whatever problems you are dealing with today. I'll try to fix it. I'll try to make a better future. And if I fail,...

Open Prompt

Day 10

Day 10, 
It's been 10 days since I was thrown into the dungeon. This dark, cold cellar that thousands are forced to call home. I'm being executed tomorrow. For what you may ask. Well, it all started a while back.
    My  daughter, Anna-Lee, and I have never had much. We live on the streets, and I work several small jobs to try and support her. After her mother died of plague, she was all I had left. That day, I swore to protect her with my life. I was loosing money, and fast, I owed many people money, and I hardly even had enough to feed myself and Anna-Lee. eventually, I went broke, I had nothing, no food, no house, no money. All I had was Anna-Lee.
    One day, I was on the streets, begging for food or money. "Anything helps." I would shout. Then, I noticed that there was a bakery down the street. I had never...

Elizabeth Gordon's 4 Likes

2118: Stranger Things by samiha

Published 4 days ago

break. by DarkLonelyNights

Published 4 days ago

Here Nor There by insaniteaparty

Published 4 days ago

12 Likes from Others

Grief

Liked by 1 person

Day 10

Liked by 3 people

I'm sorry 2118

Liked by 3 people

Coffee shop

Liked by 2 people

The Insider: part 1

Liked by 1 person

Darkness

Liked by 1 person

Parasomnia

Liked by 1 person

Machine

Liked by 2 people

Not in a million years

Liked by 1 person

It knows I know

Liked by 2 people

Everyone Gets a Bite!

Liked by 1 person

Good neighbor

We like your photo and your biography.

Earned 5 days ago

Follower

You're following over five other writers.

Earned 4 days ago

Leader

You're being followed by over five other writers!

Earned 4 days ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned 5 days ago

Prolific

You really are prolific - you've published over ten pieces already.

Earned 4 days ago

Favoriter

Love your work - you've read and favorited over ten pieces published by others

Earned 4 days ago

Popular penman

Very nicely done - you've got over ten favorites.

Earned 4 days ago

Competitor

Thanks for entering a competition.

Earned 4 days ago

Admirer inactive

Follow over twenty other writers to become an admirer!

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Patron inactive

Become a patron of writers - follow over thirty of them.

Power writer inactive

Keep going! Write over ten thousand words and you'll be a Power Writer.

Pro reviewer inactive

Submit over five reviews and get that Pro Reviewer feeling.

Reviewer inactive

Just write and submit a review to become a reviewer. Get to it!

Self editor inactive

Publish at least two versions of the same piece to become a self-editor

Super star inactive

Get your writing career glittering with more than thirty followers.

Supporter inactive

Get supportive. Follow over ten other writers and get a badge too.

Top critic inactive

Submit over fifteen reviews and you'll be a top critic.