parachutes

I write for my past, present, and future.

Check out this great piece on WtW conduct and tips here https://www.writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/132307/version/254176!

“Live dangerous, be yourself, and never give a fudge nugget”-Frank Iero

Hey everyone! I’m parachutes, everyone’s favourite thick skulled Neanderthal! I’m a real life published writer, so I love helping everyone out!

I also love editing, so comment (and like!) on my piece ''The Editing Monster' and I’ll give your piece a look over!!!!!!!

PSA If my PFP is causing you a migraine or headache, let me know, and consider visiting a specialist. My PFP is set at a rate of 1fps, which is safe for those prone to seizures, or are photosensitive.

An Apology in ab-

Dear Members of Write The World,

Good evening/afternoon/morning, parachutes here. I owe an apology to all of you. 

Several months ago, I published a piece titled “A Brief Rant” that I am not proud of. It was my first piece published following a long hiatus, and in it I questioned the purpose of user hosted contests. I said many hateful things, called the contests stupid, pointless, and a mere ego boost. Several of the higher up and more profiling writers contested this opinion of mine, so in a move of cowardice, I deleted and republished the piece to avoid talking to these writers. I republished the piece religiously for a week, fuelling the fire with snarky replies to the people who were continuously contesting this piece, unfollowing any writers who hosted a contest, and publicly calling writers out. I went so far as to post on several of the contest pieces a link to my protest piece and a nasty...

done

I just.......

I just can’t. 

I just can’t cope. 

I just can’t cope with.......

with this. 

Tremor

My hands.

They aren't my own anymore. 

How couldn’t they be when they’ve been shunned. 

These shakes. 

Are a a manifestation of your decision. 

To try and silence, shame, and destroy my very essence. 

They wont go away

till I do what they want me to do. 

,

no one will even miss me

..

.......o.......f.......c.......o.......u.......r.......s.......e.......n.......o.......o.......n.......e.......c.......a.......r.......e.......s.......t.......h.......e.......y.......h.......a.......t.......e......m.......e.......

.

.......d.......o.......e.......s.......a.......n.......y.......o.......n.......e.......n........o........t.......I.......c.......e.......d.......o.......e.......s.......a.......n.......y.......o.......n.......e.......c.......a.......r.......e....

C£N$0R£D

How can I write what I want to write when you just shut me up? You tear down my pieces, chew them up, and spit out their pathetic corpses. You look at me and tell me this is my fault; if I’m a monster then it’s cuz you made me this way. 

How can I express myself when you shriek at me when I write something someone may view as controversial? You call me a spinster, a provider of anger, a witch who thrives on chaos. I don’t fucking want to write about daisy and unicorns shitting out rainbows; that’s not who I am. 

How can I reach my potential, expand my spectrum, become phenomenal, and tell my stories if you just C£N$0R me? How is that fair? 

How can I be me if you won’t let me be?

Like I said, if I’m a monster it’s cuz you made me this way. 

You never gave me the opportunity to...

CURSE OF MY HOME | Round Two

What is Autumn?
 (noun)
I have no recollection of
 (the third season)
this season ever occurring. 

Call it 
 (of the year)
the Curse of The Prairies, 
 (when crops and fruits are gathered)
accuse us of falling out of favour with God,
 (and leaves fall)
but the leaves never fall.

How can they fall if 
 (in the northern hemisphere
they were never here
 (from September to November
to begin with?

The crisp,
 (and in the southern hemisphere)
cold air filled with flurries of snow
 (from March to May)
is all we encounter here in the Cursed Prairies.

Be Yourself #nevernormal #thisisaprotestpiece

I’m proud of you for speaking your mind 
(it’s hard to to be honest when the world is so judgemental).

I’m proud of you for not fearing repercussions
(we both know the backlash that can come from this).

I’m proud of you for embracing your differences 
(and even though I only agree 70% it doesn’t change my opinion about you).

I’m proud to call you my friend, 
(and even prouder to be called that back). 

I MAKE PEOPLE ANGRY

People keep saying this about me. Is it a fact or an opinion? Do I need to take a look in the mirror, or do I need to invest in some earplugs and reality filter glasses? 

Maybe I’m just not meant to feel accepted. 

Or loved. 

Or or any of the nice pleasant fuzzy feelings you lucky sons of guns feel. 

Maybe I’ll just buy some duck tape and make myself shut up. 

Or even better yet, I’ll buy some staples. 

Question!

Does anyone know if the winner of the Album review has been announced/contacted yet??? I’ve checked in about 10 times, and I just thought the winners would have been posted by now.......this is the first time I think I have a snowballs chance in hell of winning SO IM KINDA FREAKING OUT AND ANXIOUS!

Thank You Guys! #followed #PARACHUTESARMY

As challenged by K. Marie Christen , here is a long overdue expression of gratuity to my friends and followers on WtW. All of you guys hold a special place in my heart, so as a thank you some of you guys get awards!

I’ve listed all of my followers below! Be sure to congratulate the award winning members of #
#PARACHUTESARMY

16missing FOLLOWER #1 gets the “Awesomeness Award”. 
JediKnightGirl
duhitzanjane
AbigailSauble
paperbird 
rosemarywisdom
timtam.9
theinaturalsquare
CharlotteG
Ryder
Take7 gets the “KINDEST MOFO EVER!” award!
Juliette  Jolene
Aquila
Nanasabae
Diagnosed Insanity
winterwolf01
Catwithglasses gets the “YOU GOT A KITTY PICTURE OMG” award!
Inspiry 
she_writes
Hermione.Gramger
luluwrites111
Victoria Martin
WtW Politics gets the “GENIUS IDEA” award! 
The Shadow
head in the clouds
lianhabanana!
asteria 
pineapples gets the “FRUIT BASKET” award for being freaking hilarious. 
Quille gets the “NOVELIST!!!” award!
Jaclyn
ajamwal
mason wong 
Harlow gets the “I SEE ANOTHER KITTY!” award!
Writers of the World
amohn04 gets the “CREATIVE GENIUS” award! ...

Round One “The Incident At The Pool” POTENTIAL TRIGGERS MAY BE FOUND IN THIS PIECE SO YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. Please don’t yell at me if its too graphic. Also, #letsdothis

Drowning
(alone)
at the bottom of the pool. Minimal air in my lungs,
(oh god save me)
I try to break free, to swim up, but something
(or rather someone)
clutches at my leg, dragging me down. I try to fight, to thrash, to get away, but my attempts are fruitless. The oxygen held inside of me bubbles out 
(beautifully)
in a single torrent. They air pockets float in front of me momentarily 
(tauntingly)
before floating upwards to the surface. I try to focus, but black dots begin forming in my peripheral vision. I claw
(desperately)
at my eyes, my throat, my everything. I will myself to escape but no one 
(cares)
sees me, sees that I’m stuck. Whatever
(whoever)
is holding me under begins to pull me further down. I thrash some more, I kick frantically. Something 
(probably it’s nose)
crushes under my...

Album Review Competition 2019

“Parachutes” by Frank Iero and the Patience (How This Monumental Album Changed My Life)

2016 was the year my life fell apart, literally and metaphorically, and I wouldn't be the person I am today if Frank Iero hadn’t thrown Parachutes at me to gather all my fragments and soften the fall. 

I know what your thinking. Oh, this is just another melodramatic angsty teen trying to manipulate me into listening to a mediocre album. Or; Oh, theres no way an album can save someone’s life. Leave your scepticism at the door. This is my story; take it or leave it. 

World Destroyer (3:18) By the time this album released, I had already begun to fracture inside, little by little. The 2 months prior to its arrival in my life, 2 tragedies had launched themselves into my life. The first one was the brutal death of my dearly beloved cat, Albus Perceval Wulfrice Brian Dumbledore the 2nd. He had been run over by a northbound vehicle....

Album Review Competition 2019

Banana Phone

My favourite Raffi song

*******************************

*******i*********t*******s*******a*******s*******t*******a*******r*********r***********y*******n*******i*******g*******h*******t**************i*********t*******s*******a*******s*******t*******a*******r*********r***********y*******n*******i*******g*******h*******t**************i*********t*******s*******a*******s*******t*******a*******r*********r***********y*******n*******i*******g*******h*******t**************i*********t*******s*******a*******s*******t*******a*******r*********r***********y*******n*******i*******g*******h*******t*******

I'm Gonna Be A Writer Ma

So stop scoffing at me! I know what I want, so as the great RuPaul says, sashay away Ma. I don't need no negativity. 

Why I Write

Why

Personally, I wrote so I don't have to deal with the pain, rage, terror, and angst that makes up my essence. 

If I didn't write,
I wouldn't exist. 

Sage Words

Thyme Words

“If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it”

This quote got me through NaNoWriMo

now I just gotta find a publisher 

Rain or Shine

For the Future

My unborn children inspire me to take action. 

I dont want want them to suffer because our ancestors were stupid and we weren’t wise enough to rectify it. 

§¥§

I hate the number 8 passionately, but I despise the number 18. My parents say 18 is a lucky number; I disagree. Everything terrible in my life has happened on the 18th day of a month. 

And guess whos turning 18 on the 18th in a couple months? Me. 

Shit. I’m scared to see what happens. 

I’m scared to see how much worse life can get. 

Never

Never have I ever gotten a shoutout. 
Why? Am I not worthy of your praise?

Never have I ever won at anything here. 
What is wrong with my nonconformist mentality?

Never have I ever stuck around. 
Why? Is it because the people are so hateful?

Never have I ever felt accepted. 
Not here, nor there, nor anywhere. 

Never have I ever wanted to stay. 
But now that I do, they want me gone.

why? 

‘____________’

Scared

s
 c
   A
     R
        E
         D

I
             S

W
                 H
                  A
                 T

I

A
         M

S
     A
   V
E

M
       E

B
             E
               F
                 O
               R
             E

I

D
    I ...

Spaces

I t h i n k o v e r u s i n g s p a c e s i s a b s o l u t l y a m a z i n g ! ! 

Swearing

I like to swear in ice cream flavours. Give it a Skorin’ try! It’s better than any of the Smartie alternatives. 

Never

Never have I ever gotten a shoutout. 
Why? Am I not worthy of your praise?

Never have I ever won at anything here. 

Never have I ever stuck around. 

Never have I ever felt accepted. 
Not here, nor there, nor anywhere. 

Never have I ever wanted to stay. 
But now that I do, they want me gone. 

‘____________’

Something Random

Bristol PD - Interrogation Room 4 - Midnight

Enter Scene

(A swath of black houseflies have encircled a LITHIONIAN LIGHT FIXTURE that is grey, cracked and dirty. They buzz around it angrily, as flies are apt to do. One of the flies accidentally bumps into the bulb. {In slow motion and up close} The fly begins to fall. His right wing and face has been singed grotesquely. Greasy yellow puss starts oozing out of it, and blood beads in the corners. He tries to fly, but is unable to. He slowly gets further and further away from the LITHIONIAN LIGHT FIXTURE and all of his little fly friends. He continues trying to fly, his flapping his left wing in a desperate attempt to save himself. He gets closer and closer to the table. The fly knows this. He stops flapping his wings, and curls into a fetal position. He lands on a small grey metal table that is full of...

Album Review Competition 2019

2016 was the year my life fell apart, literally and metaphorically, and I wouldn't be the person I am today if Frank Iero hadn’t thrown Parachutes at me, gathered all my fragments, and softened the fall. 

I know what your thinking. Oh, this is just another melodramatic angsty teen trying to manipulate me into listening to a mediocre album. Or; Oh, theres no way an album can save someone’s life. And here’s what I say to that; Leave your scepticism at the door. This is my story; take it or leave it. 

World Destroyer (3:18) By the time this album released, I had already begun to fracture inside, little by little. The 2 months prior to its arrival in my life, 2 tragedies had launched themselves into my life. The first one was the brutal death of my dearly beloved cat, Albus Perceval Wulfrice Brian Dumbledore the 2nd. He had been...

Sometimes I Hate Myself

Right now is one of those times. 

Donaldious Trump; A Guide #hybrid

If there were ever to be a time in my life when I could create a hybrid animal, I would create a Donaldious Gump, or more commonly known as, a Donald Gump. 

For those unfamiliar with the term ‘Gump”, it refers to a fictional character from Tales of Oz, and can be seen here. And for those unfamiliar with the term Donaldious, it refers to a yellow haired, orange skinned, overall unpleasant being, Donald Trump, aka The Current President in The United States of America. If you still don’t know who I mean, click here

The Donaldious Gump, or Donald Gump, would be a small pocket pet that has all of the physical appearances of a Gump. It would weigh about 5 pounds, about the size of a chihuahua, and the only way to tell it apart from a normal Gump, is that it has a yellow tinge to its skin, and orange hair. Oh yeah,...

THANK-YOU

Well, today I reachieved a milestone, the Bestseller Badge, for the fourth and last time. It really has upset me, because I know this’ll be the last time I’ll achieve it. I’m an old fart; I’ve had 4 accounts of the years, and this is my last one. So thank you to everyone who liked “The Editing Monster”, and fueled my success. I love you guys, and words cannot express how gracious I am. 

@pineapples
@parachutes
@EmTheCoolOne
@mason wong
@New York_dreamer
@rainandsonder
@Take7
@ajamwal
@Just A Dream
@Victoria Martin
@Mary Wall
@Charisse Martin
@Asenath Rose
@♛DaBolo♛
@AJ-Izzy
@jeily
@weirdo
@Maryam Q
@Blotted Ink with a Broken Quill
@Dmoral13

Apologies if your name is incorrectly formatted. Thanks for all you did for me (:

-p

PS If you thought I was egotistical enough to link my name, click it. I dare...

The Editing Monster

Need advice on your writing? Tired of waiting for a Peer Review?? THEN your in the right place!!!!!!! Comment below with the name of your piece, and i'll work my magic fer ya!!!!!!!! This is a free service.

Fantasy Group

1. Do you want to join this group? Heck yeah I want to join this group!

2. Would you prefer if I created the group by publishing the prompts, or an actual group like "Flash Fiction?" Explain. I think it would be cool if you created a user based group (like WtW Politics Group) so people can still read your work easily. You’re a great writer, and it would suck if all your pieces got lost amidst the prompts. 

3.What is a catchy name for this group? 

4. What do you consider "fantasy?" Fantasy to me is anything that couldn’t happen in this dimension of reality. 

5. Do you think that fantasy poems can also be included? Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no comment. I feel you should have a “criteria” for participants, but imma shut up before I start another fight on here lol. 

6. Do you think I should also give an opportunity to fantasy reviewers? I think that would be great!...

ASSIMILATION

From 1831 to 1996, The First Nations, Inuit, and Métis People of Canada were subjected to “cultural assimilation” courtesy of the Government of Canada and affiliated churches. They assimilated they Métis, Inuit, and First Nations people by building special schools for them, were they could focus on embracing European culture, and forgo their religious beliefs. These schools were called residential schools, and this was no cultural assimilation. This was a government supported genocide against all First Nations, Inuit, and Métis persons, a genocide meant to eradicate all views different than those of the European culture. This attempted eradication caused cultural disassociation to thousands of people, ripped apart families, and caused a generational trauma that may never go away. 

In the 1830s, Methodists, Anglicans, and Roman Catholic Churches partnered with the Government to create institutions in Ontario. They started as day schools, but they quickly started taking students from far away reserves as “boarders”. Many of these...

Local Tongue

Saskatchewan

SCUZZY (SK-UH-ZEE) 1:A word that describes a less than desirable character.
                               2: Someone who dresses like a hobo. 

Tweets of Self-Respect

RESPECT!

Cats are beyond extraordinary. 

Food for the Soul

Skor

1 cup of butter
1 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of white chocolate chips
1 cup of milk chocolate chips
1 teaspoon of coconut oil
Several pieces of matzah, broken

1 Take a medium-sized baking sheet, and grease it heavily with the coconut oil. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 

2 With a delicate touch, arrange the broken pieces of matzah on the sheet, making it so there are no gaps. 

3 In a medium saucepan, bring the brown sugar and butter to a light boil. Let simmer for 2 minutes. 

4 Remove the brown sugar butter mixture from heat, and gently pour it evenly over the broken matzah.

5 Place the baking tray in the oven for 7 minutes, and let it turn golden brown. 

6 Remove the that from the oven and with a heavy hand, pour the 2 cups of chocolate chips over the top of the matzah Skor mixture. 

7Spread the chocolaty goodness...

Arctic Dreams

I. M. A. G. I. N. A. T. I. O. N.

My imagination is a beautiful plantation, with pens full of words, wit, and wisdom. Apostrophes, commas, hyperboles, question marks, exclamatory points, and dashes grow in my fields, while creativity flows through my deep river trenches. The sky is flamboyantly pink, yellow, and orange, and there's no better place to be. 

TO ALL YOU NEWBIES OUT THERE

WELCOME! Glad you’re here <3

No Pause for Breath

Last Breathe- In Memory of Aberforth “Abby”

I wrote this in memory of my kitten who was brutally murdered. 

When I go out, I see you lying there, and I just about, leave you there, but instead  I turn around, I holler out “Hello my dearest, hi”, but you just lay there on the ground, My pace quickens, this is unlike you, you’re my kitten, you always come when I holler for you, but you just lay there, not moving a single hair, I fall to my knees, and scoop you into my arms, and I silently start to plea, please Abby, please don’t be harmed, I start to freak out so I  run to the house as the tears begin to fall, and I scream for Mom, and pray that Abby hasn’t been hurt at all, suddenly in runs my Mom, and I yell at her “There’s something wrong he’s not moving, but look, his lungs are still moving, Mom just look, his eyes, oh his...

Random

Enter Scene

I Was Called a Man Today

Well, something bizarre happened today, and I don’t know how I feel about it. Someone on this site decided to imply that I was of the male gender. And y’know, it really got me thinking. 

Why did this person think I was a man? Was it because I’m bold, loud, like to fight, and am outspoken? Cuz if so, that’s sexist. Was it because I don’t have a feminine name, and don’t write about “girly” things? Cuz if so, that’s just presumptuous. Was it because I remain quiet about certain topics? If so, that’s just dumb. Was it it because I don’t have my preferred pronouns or sexual orientation displayed on my “about” thing? Cuz if so, that’s real bigoted. 

Whatever their reason was, it kinda irked me. Am I not feminine enough? Am I not flamboyant enough? Am I not relevant enough to have a say in how I’m labeled?  Am I not worthy of being called by my appropriate gender?...

Christopher #thingsihate

I HATE it when Christopher calls me a stinky poopy head. Not cool man.

Bill Of Health

PSA 

I am soooooooo fed up with people accusing me of making a mockery of mental illnesses and mental disorders. Guess what? Mental illnesses, mental disorders, and mental health in general aren’t a taboo subject. If I wish to make reference to them, it is unnecessary to call me out and give me grief over it. 

That being said, mental health is an important topic that shouldn’t be mocked, made fun off, or even really questioned. If someone says they have OCD or depression, its not up to you to question it. That would be like telling my friend who is Celiac that “just because you don’t like corn, doesn’t mean your celiac”(true story, it’s happened and we both died laughing) So everyone, stop questioning my mental health.

I have several “disorders”. I put that in air quotes because I’ve had them for long enough that I no longer see them as an ailment, or something I can change. They...

Me #thingsihate

Kernels in popcorn, 
And uneven toppings. 
Unfunny satires, and actionless movies,
Food on my plate getting all mixed together,
These are a few of the things that I hate.

Dog that are beaten and shelters that kill them,
Christmas and Santa,
And cold day old coogle, 
Books that abruptly give stupid cliffhangers,

People who sell drugs to poor helpless addicts,
People who think that homelessness is a choice,
People who hate me because of the things that I say,

When life is going,
Too good,
And I ace exams,
I merely remember the things that I hate,
So then I can feel bad. 

Human Connections Essay Competition 2019

Sam and I

For my entire childhood (ages 5 to 15), my best friend was a girl named Samantha. We were thick as thieves, playing jokes on our parents, telling scary stories in the dark, and talking about crushes. We were bosom buddies, and I thought we’d be that way forever. 

Sam and I met in Grade 1. I had just transferred to her school, and was terrified. This was the first time in my life I was vulnerable, and out of my comfort zone. Sam must have sensed that I was scared shitless, because she came over to me.

“Hi,” she said, “I’m Samantha Elise. What’s your name?”

“Mackenzie,” I replied. “I like your book!”  

She glanced down to the book she was holding, and grinned. “It’s my favourite. Have you read it?” 

“No..” I said, suddenly feeling shy. 

Sam took my hand, and said “Let’s go read it together then. It’s really good!”

I will never forget how we instantly...

My Heart Is Broken #HomoSapiensStory

K,

Regarding last week.......when you called me to ask me if I had a crush on anyone, you caught me off guard, and I freaked out a little. I thought that I was subtle with my crush. But with your jokes and your teasing, you coaxed the truth out of me; that I have a thing for you. When you went silent on the other end, and told me something that shattered my heart into a million pieces. You have a girlfriend in Michigan, over 20,000 kilometres away. 

Me thinking we could be a thing wasn't so far fetched. We hang with the same crowd, have the same hobbies, your Mom adores me, and we talk all the time about everything. 

Not to sound bitter, but why does she get to be your #1? Is it because she “confessed her love” after knowing you for 2 days???????  I’ve been infatuated by you, your kindness, and your wholesomeness for 9 months,...

Universal Knowledge

Universal Language

In all the lands, the cultures, and the entities out there, we all share one common language; the one that teaches compassion and respect; the one that strengthens ties, and unifies us all.......the language we Englishfolk call love.

Flash Fiction Competition 2019

What on Earth!

“Ummmmmmmmmm, sir we have a problem.Theres a massive horde of people coming towards the front gate laughing maniacally. What should I do?”

”Wait, what?”

”Ummmm theres a massive hoard of people laughing like deranged lunatics? And they’re kinda at the gate? I think they want in.......”

”I have a bad feeling about this Johnny...”

”Sir?”

”People don’t just go around....WHAT ON EARTH?

CRASH

SHUDDER

THUD

”Sir, they’ve breached the gate.”

”Sir? You still there?”

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”

”Sir?”

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhahhahhahhaH!”

CRASH

THUD

SHUDDER

”Excuse me, you’re not authorized to-“

THUD

AHAHAHA!AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!”

HAPPY TOGETHER

ENTER SCENE

CHESTER DELSONS APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM - MORNING

(The camera pans in on the pizza boxes, bottles, Chinese takeout cartons, and fast food wrappers that litter the floor of this downtown apartment. The floor is red linoleum, and has a sticky look to it, with chips, dirt, and sandwich crumbs covering it. There are no books in sight, only a single magazine laying on the ground, rejected, in a pool of what appears to be coffee. Flies are everywhere, buzzing in through an opened window, sunlight shines through that window, bouncing lightly against each other. A ceiling fan spins around lazily, making a whooshing noise. Below the window is a red oversized sofa, and a desk with a laptop on it. Across from the sofa is a small table, that has a cell phone on it. A young man lays on the couch on his side, snoring loudly. This is CHESTER DELSON. The flies are swarming around...

#ADVICECOLUMN

Hello everyone, it’s me, everyone’s favourite opinionated dorkasauraus, back from yet again another hiatus. Just figured I’d pop in real quick with a BRAND NEW QUESTION FOR EVERYONE!

So, I am going to start a Advice Column here on WtW, the FIRST ONE EVER, and if you can’t tell IM BERY EXCITED! So, give them his post a like, a comment, or follow me if you’re interested. I want at LEAST 10 people to be as excited as I am about this, So SPREAD THE WORD! more details to come. 

XØ,
parachutes

Down Perambulation Road

Enter Scene.
 (A gravel road can be seen straight ahead. The road, WILLOW LANE, is empty, with a STOP sign, and 2 road signs adorning it on either side. The road leads of into two directions. The sign on the left reads BURKLAND ROAD, and on the right, the sign reads PERAMBULATION ROAD. It is raining. Thunder grumbles, and lightning lights up the sky. Then, suddenly the crunching sound of footsteps can be heard. (Cue symphony). Suspense music fills the air. The footsteps sound like they’re coming closer, and closer. A crack of thunder pierces the air, and the lightning lights up the stage/screen. The cameras are blinded by the lights, and as the lights fade, MARTHA HADLEY appears in the middle of the road. MARTHA HADLEY looks to be roughly 15 years old. The camera circles around her, She is wearing jeans and a hoodie that are full of holes, and covered in dirt. She is roughly 20 feet...

!!!!!!!APPLE!!!!!!!

I was swinging from the tree, minding my own business with all my buddies, when all of a sudden, one of you MONSTERS came. We felt it coming; the ground shook, our leaves rustled,and the wind picked up. It stood in front of our community for a couple seconds, and then it ripped me from the branch I was tethered to with a large claw like thing. It held me up to its eyes, and then lowered me down to bite into me with razor sharp teeth.

It bit through my delicate pink skin, into my soft, juicy flesh, and down into my hard seed filled core. A sickening whelchfilled the air as it ripped a chunk off of my body. The pain was excruciating. My juices began to flow excessively,  and began to drip in to his claw. As the drops of me hit his claw, he diverted his attention to it. He stopped biting me, and lowered...

0-9

How I Feel (about numbers)

0 is the leader; worship them. 
1 is the manipulator; stay weary of them. 
2 is the spare; pity them. 
3 is the unwanted one; console them. 
4 is the one long gone; don’t forget them.  
5 is the odd one; make them feel equal. 
6 is the old one; remember them.  
7 is a Hero; worship him. 
8 is evil; fear him. 
9 is the bringer of the end; give them sympathy. 

Down Perambulation Road

DOWN PERAMBULATION ROAD
AN ORIGINAL Play BY:
MMCAMPBELL

Act 1
Scene 1

Enter Scene.
 (A gravel road can be seen straight ahead. The road, WILLOW LANE, is empty, with a STOP sign, and 2 road signs adorning it on either side. The road leads of into two directions. The sign on the left reads BURKLAND ROAD, and on the right, the sign reads PERAMBULATION ROAD. It is raining. Thunder grumbles, and lightning lights up the sky. Then, suddenly the crunching sound of footsteps can be heard. (Cue symphony). Suspense music fills the air. The footsteps sound like they’re coming closer, and closer. A crack of thunder pierces the air, and the lightning lights up the stage/screen. The cameras are blinded by the lights, and as the lights fade, MARTHA HADLEY appears in the middle of the road. MARTHA HADLEY looks to be roughly 15 years old. The camera circles around her, She is wearing jeans and a hoodie that are...

Down Perambulation Road

DOWN PERAMBULATION ROAD
AN ORIGINAL Play BY:
MMCAMPBELL

Act 1
Scene 1

Enter Scene.

Down Perambulation Road

DOWN PERAMBULATION ROAD
AN ORIGINAL Play BY:
MMCAMPBELL

Act 1
Scene 1

Enter Scene.

Band Name

My Band Name!!!

The band name would definitely have to be able to be abbreviated, cuz all of my favourite bands (my chemical romance, ashestoangels, frnkiero andthe patience, Frank Iero and the Cellabration, etc) all have names that get abbreviated and sound cool (MCR, ATA, fiatc, FIATP,and so forth). And, it has to sound badass, because there is no way in HECK i am joining/being apart of some sissy band. We would be alt rock, inspired by MCR, Frank Iero, Nirvana, Misfits, ATA, Linkin Park, tons of piano and guitar duets, and a little bit of Pencey Prep influence. 

With all those things in mind, i have come up with my band name. It is.....(drumroll please).......
PARACHUTES AND THE DESTROYERS (PATD)

We would be called Parachutes and the Detroyers because parachutes are life saving devices, and so is music. Me and some of my close friends would be in the band, the parachute part, and our fans would be the destroyers. I think...

Photograph

In my camera roll you will find,
300 and some odd pictures, 
And 29 videos. 
There are goats,
Cats,
Kittens and mice. 
Hedgehogs,
Hamsters,
Goats,
And kites. 
You will find quotes,
By Silverstein,
Dahl,
Seuss,
And Rowling. 
You will find pictures of my family, 
Imperfect,
And flawed. 
But you will never find, 
A picture of me,
With my flaws, 
My scars, 
And imperfections. 
Instead you will find, 
A poem I had written,
While in the darkest place,
You could ever imagine. 
It says,
All you have to do,
Is make it through the night. 
That is the only mention of me, 
You will find on my camera roll. 
I prefer to pretend,
That I don’t exist.

Why Pop Music Sucks

Whenever I turn on the radio nowadays, it ticks me off. There is no original music anymore. It all sounds the same. It takes me months to find a bands that I like, to find bands that are unique. So I wondered to myself, why? Why is it all the same? What is so appealing to listening to the same corny lyrics over the same crappy beat? Why do musicians sell themselves out? What makes a pop song pop?

A quick internet search led me to all the answers I was seeking. One major group, the IFPI (International Federation Of The Phonographic Industry) owns all the big players. With having over 1,300 musicians and bands signed to them, it is no surprise they own all the icons. They own Taylor Swift, Ed Sheehan, Justin Beiber, Katy Perry, Metallica, Beyoncé, Adele, Drake, David Bowie, The Rolling Stones, Coldplay, The Chainsmokers, and Twenty One Pilots. By owning all these bands and musicians,...

Music Review

Thoughts On: Ray Toro

The earliest Toro work that I have listened to, and know of, would be from the awe inspiring album “I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love” , where he was lead guitarist. The band released an additional 4 albums, and a series of singles titled “Conventional Weapons”, and gained international fame. Toro was featured in all of the bands music videos, and starred alongside bandmates Way, Iero, Bryar, and Way,as well as was featured in a musical documentary titled “Life On The Murder Scene.”

After the band split in 2012, Toro started his own career as a solo artist and released the singles 4 singles between 2012 and 2015. Fans like me were dying of anticipation for this album.
 In 2016, Toro finally released his own full length album titled “Remember The Laughter”, a 42 minute spectacular album that consisted of 15 tracks, written, recorded and produced by Toro himself. The album...

The Limerick

Learning How To Roller Skate

Today, I’m learning how to roller skate,
              My friend Holly says it’s a piece of cake,
                   It doesnt look hard at all
                      It’s going good, then I fall,
                            Oww! Tomorrow my ribs are gonna ache.

Food Writing Competition 2018

It’s Tradition! (Or at least now it is)

Growing up in a family that loves food, holidays were always special. My mom loves to cook, more than anything else, so we always could expect an immaculate feast. But, the feast that she prepared, was not always appreciated. 

My family is Jewish, so we celebrate a bunch of oddball holidays, like Passover*, Chanukah, and Rosh Hashana***, to name a few. And with each holiday comes its own special dinner palate. For Chanukah, we often eat a lot of latkes and matzoh ball soup. For Passover, it’s tsimmas, and for Rosh Hashana, it’s bitter herbs and horoset. Now, I think I just spelt all those words wrong, but that’s what you get when a Canadian kid tries to spell Hebrew words. 

Like I said before, my mom loves cooking, so we always had enough food for us, my grandparents, family friends, and still have leftovers. But the Passover that I am thinking of happened 4 years ago when I was...