0c8e74dc 0d8c 41d2 b8c8 ca802e5a78c5

parachutes

I write for my past, present, and future.

Live dangerous, be yourself, and never give a fudgenugget.

HAPPY TOGETHER

ENTER SCENE

CHESTER DELSONS APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM - MORNING

(The camera pans in on the pizza boxes, bottles, Chinese takeout cartons, and fast food wrappers that litter the floor of this downtown apartment. The floor is red linoleum, and has a sticky look to it, with chips, dirt, and sandwich crumbs covering it. There are no books in sight, only a single magazine laying on the ground, rejected, in a pool of what appears to be coffee. Flies are everywhere, buzzing in through an opened window, sunlight shines through that window, bouncing lightly against each other. A ceiling fan spins around lazily, making a whooshing noise. Below the window is a red oversized sofa, and a desk with a laptop on it. Across from the sofa is a small table, that has a cell phone on it. A young man lays on the couch on his side, snoring loudly. This is CHESTER DELSON. The flies are swarming around...

Down Perambulation Road

Enter Scene.
 (A gravel road can be seen straight ahead. The road, WILLOW LANE, is empty, with a STOP sign, and 2 road signs adorning it on either side. The road leads of into two directions. The sign on the left reads BURKLAND ROAD, and on the right, the sign reads PERAMBULATION ROAD. It is raining. Thunder grumbles, and lightning lights up the sky. Then, suddenly the crunching sound of footsteps can be heard. (Cue symphony). Suspense music fills the air. The footsteps sound like they’re coming closer, and closer. A crack of thunder pierces the air, and the lightning lights up the stage/screen. The cameras are blinded by the lights, and as the lights fade, MARTHA HADLEY appears in the middle of the road. MARTHA HADLEY looks to be roughly 15 years old. The camera circles around her, She is wearing jeans and a hoodie that are full of holes, and covered in dirt. She is roughly 20 feet...

!!!!!!!APPLE!!!!!!!

I was swinging from the tree, minding my own business with all my buddies, when all of a sudden, one of you MONSTERS came. We felt it coming; the ground shook, our leaves rustled,and the wind picked up. It stood in front of our community for a couple seconds, and then it ripped me from the branch I was tethered to with a large claw like thing. It held me up to its eyes, and then lowered me down to bite into me with razor sharp teeth.

It bit through my delicate pink skin, into my soft, juicy flesh, and down into my hard seed filled core. A sickening whelchfilled the air as it ripped a chunk off of my body. The pain was excruciating. My juices began to flow excessively,  and began to drip in to his claw. As the drops of me hit his claw, he diverted his attention to it. He stopped biting me, and lowered...

0-9

How I Feel (about numbers)

0 is the leader; worship them. 
1 is the manipulator; stay weary of them. 
2 is the spare; pity them. 
3 is the unwanted one; console them. 
4 is the one long gone; don’t forget them.  
5 is the odd one; make them feel equal. 
6 is the old one; remember them.  
7 is a Hero; worship him. 
8 is evil; fear him. 
9 is the bringer of the end; give them sympathy. 

Down Perambulation Road

DOWN PERAMBULATION ROAD
AN ORIGINAL Play BY:
MMCAMPBELL

Act 1
Scene 1

Enter Scene.
 (A gravel road can be seen straight ahead. The road, WILLOW LANE, is empty, with a STOP sign, and 2 road signs adorning it on either side. The road leads of into two directions. The sign on the left reads BURKLAND ROAD, and on the right, the sign reads PERAMBULATION ROAD. It is raining. Thunder grumbles, and lightning lights up the sky. Then, suddenly the crunching sound of footsteps can be heard. (Cue symphony). Suspense music fills the air. The footsteps sound like they’re coming closer, and closer. A crack of thunder pierces the air, and the lightning lights up the stage/screen. The cameras are blinded by the lights, and as the lights fade, MARTHA HADLEY appears in the middle of the road. MARTHA HADLEY looks to be roughly 15 years old. The camera circles around her, She is wearing jeans and a hoodie that are...

Down Perambulation Road

DOWN PERAMBULATION ROAD
AN ORIGINAL Play BY:
MMCAMPBELL

Act 1
Scene 1

Enter Scene.

Down Perambulation Road

DOWN PERAMBULATION ROAD
AN ORIGINAL Play BY:
MMCAMPBELL

Act 1
Scene 1

Enter Scene.

Band Name

My Band Name!!!

The band name would definitely have to be able to be abbreviated, cuz all of my favourite bands (my chemical romance, ashestoangels, frnkiero andthe patience, Frank Iero and the Cellabration, etc) all have names that get abbreviated and sound cool (MCR, ATA, fiatc, FIATP,and so forth). And, it has to sound badass, because there is no way in HECK i am joining/being apart of some sissy band. We would be alt rock, inspired by MCR, Frank Iero, Nirvana, Misfits, ATA, Linkin Park, tons of piano and guitar duets, and a little bit of Pencey Prep influence. 

With all those things in mind, i have come up with my band name. It is.....(drumroll please).......
PARACHUTES AND THE DESTROYERS (PATD)

We would be called Parachutes and the Detroyers because parachutes are life saving devices, and so is music. Me and some of my close friends would be in the band, the parachute part, and our fans would be the destroyers. I think...

Photograph

In my camera roll you will find,
300 and some odd pictures, 
And 29 videos. 
There are goats,
Cats,
Kittens and mice. 
Hedgehogs,
Hamsters,
Goats,
And kites. 
You will find quotes,
By Silverstein,
Dahl,
Seuss,
And Rowling. 
You will find pictures of my family, 
Imperfect,
And flawed. 
But you will never find, 
A picture of me,
With my flaws, 
My scars, 
And imperfections. 
Instead you will find, 
A poem I had written,
While in the darkest place,
You could ever imagine. 
It says,
All you have to do,
Is make it through the night. 
That is the only mention of me, 
You will find on my camera roll. 
I prefer to pretend,
That I don’t exist.

Why Pop Music Sucks

Whenever I turn on the radio nowadays, it ticks me off. There is no original music anymore. It all sounds the same. It takes me months to find a bands that I like, to find bands that are unique. So I wondered to myself, why? Why is it all the same? What is so appealing to listening to the same corny lyrics over the same crappy beat? Why do musicians sell themselves out? What makes a pop song pop?

A quick internet search led me to all the answers I was seeking. One major group, the IFPI (International Federation Of The Phonographic Industry) owns all the big players. With having over 1,300 musicians and bands signed to them, it is no surprise they own all the icons. They own Taylor Swift, Ed Sheehan, Justin Beiber, Katy Perry, Metallica, Beyoncé, Adele, Drake, David Bowie, The Rolling Stones, Coldplay, The Chainsmokers, and Twenty One Pilots. By owning all these bands and musicians,...

Music Review

Thoughts On: Ray Toro

The earliest Toro work that I have listened to, and know of, would be from the awe inspiring album “I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love” , where he was lead guitarist. The band released an additional 4 albums, and a series of singles titled “Conventional Weapons”, and gained international fame. Toro was featured in all of the bands music videos, and starred alongside bandmates Way, Iero, Bryar, and Way,as well as was featured in a musical documentary titled “Life On The Murder Scene.”

After the band split in 2012, Toro started his own career as a solo artist and released the singles 4 singles between 2012 and 2015. Fans like me were dying of anticipation for this album.
 In 2016, Toro finally released his own full length album titled “Remember The Laughter”, a 42 minute spectacular album that consisted of 15 tracks, written, recorded and produced by Toro himself. The album...

The Limerick

Learning How To Roller Skate

Today, I’m learning how to roller skate,
              My friend Holly says it’s a piece of cake,
                   It doesnt look hard at all
                      It’s going good, then I fall,
                            Oww! Tomorrow my ribs are gonna ache.

Food Writing Competition 2018

It’s Tradition! (Or at least now it is)

Growing up in a family that loves food, holidays were always special. My mom loves to cook, more than anything else, so we always could expect an immaculate feast. But, the feast that she prepared, was not always appreciated. 

My family is Jewish, so we celebrate a bunch of oddball holidays, like Passover*, Chanukah, and Rosh Hashana***, to name a few. And with each holiday comes its own special dinner palate. For Chanukah, we often eat a lot of latkes and matzoh ball soup. For Passover, it’s tsimmas, and for Rosh Hashana, it’s bitter herbs and horoset. Now, I think I just spelt all those words wrong, but that’s what you get when a Canadian kid tries to spell Hebrew words. 

Like I said before, my mom loves cooking, so we always had enough food for us, my grandparents, family friends, and still have leftovers. But the Passover that I am thinking of happened 4 years ago when I was...