parachutes

I write for my past, present, and future.

Check out this great piece on WtW conduct and tips here https://www.writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/132307/version/254176!

“Live dangerous, be yourself, and never give a fudge nugget”-Frank Iero

Hey everyone! I’m parachutes, everyone’s favourite thick skulled Neanderthal! I’m a real life published writer, so I love helping everyone out!

I also love editing, so comment (and like!) on my piece ''The Editing Monster' and I’ll give your piece a look over!!!!!!!

PSA If my PFP is causing you a migraine or headache, let me know, and consider visiting a specialist. My PFP is set at a rate of 1fps, which is safe for those prone to seizures, or are photosensitive.

Peer Reviews

A Story of a Man, a Woman, and the Corpses of a Thousand Evil Men

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2019

I love the title, I love your screen name, and OMG congratulations on writing the best piece on the site <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

30 days

Kamikaze

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2019

Consider indenting your paragraphs to make it look like a more professional piece. Great job, comment if you have any questions or feedback. Remember, this is merely my opinion of your piece. Take it with a grain of salt.

30 days

"When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?"

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2019

Consider using a PEE (points, evidence, explanation) approach while stating facts. Throughout the essay you refer to Billie Eilish as Billie.......technically speaking, you should refer to the person by there last name and you should try doing so in the future, but I feel with this piece it doesn’t matter. (: Also, consider doing some research on commas. I noticed you used a lot of them, and you may be using them as a crutch. There are ways to write cohesive pieces without overusing the comma. Thanks for giving me the opportunity it’s to read and review this delightful piece.

30 days

Fire and Flame

Thanks for letting me review it!

about 2 months

Her - Actually the First Poem I've Ever Written, so

Thanks for commenting on The Editing Monster, i appreciate your support! If you haven’t yet, please give the piece a like, so I can make a new record! Anyways, lovely piece. You are definitely a talented poet, and I can’t wait to read mor from you.

about 2 months

Rejects Unite!

PROMPT: One-Liner

Lol, in my eyes, your”message to the reader” in this piece is a challenge, one I willingly accept! I love writing reviews for these one-liners! I haven't seen you on here before you commented on ”The Editing Monster”, so welcome! Please give The Editing Monster a like if you haven't already, cuz I am gonna make some history in here!

about 2 months

The River of Life

PROMPT: Human Connections Essay Competition 2019

Thanks for feeding the Editing Monster, and keeping creativity alive! If you haven’t already, please “like” The Editing Monster, as I want to break records! Anyways, thanks so much for letting me edit this for you! It was really well written, and I related to it hardcore.

about 2 months

The Girls Fight (PLEASE REVIEW)!!!!

Hi there! Thanks for commenting on “The Editing Monster”! If you haven’t already, please give the piece a “like”, I’d greatly appreciate it! I love the idea of having your 2 characters, Belle and Tashi, being repeat offenders in your writing! I love having Easter eggs in my writing, as well as my trademark (cats lol), so I totally appreciate you doing that.

about 2 months

the new asteria #treeshavefamiliestoo

Please consider the grammatical and punctuation errors I pointed out, and don’t be discouraged by them! If you would like me to give this piece some hard core editing, let me know, as I’d love to see this story progress! Would you consider writing this in capital prose? Or is this one destined to remain lowercase? Just curious! Thanks for letting me review your piece, and supporting The Editing Monster! -p

about 2 months

Rainbow Love

Thank you for sharing, and letting me review this piece. I love it. Good luck!

about 2 months

A-level coursework. Lost memories before Christmas

This piece is great. It just needs editing!thanks for letting me review this piece!

about 2 months

Narrative without people

PROMPT: "Narrative Without People"

Great piece, thanks for letting me review it.

about 2 months

This is the Story of the Day I Froze to Death #disneymashup

Great piece! I think that you are gonna be the winner of this contest lol, because it’s by far the best mashup I’ve read yet. Thanks for letting me review your piece!

about 2 months

​The 4 and 1 White Walls

Excellent piece. Just fix the spelling mistake, consider what I’ve said, and please, PLEASE, add to this! I love it! Thanks for letting me review your piece!

about 2 months

Ride The Second Wave

PROMPT: In The End

Thanks for letting me review your work. You have such a phenomenal voice!

about 2 months

The Windswept Girl With The Flowered Backpack (Revised)

This is truly spectacular. You drew me in with such ease, and left me wanting more. Shoot me a message when you upload more of this! Can’t wait! Thanks for letting me review it for you!

about 2 months

A Note For You

I love this so much words cannot express how beautiful this is.

about 2 months

Sticks and stones may break your bones

Hey! Hope you enjoyed my review. Thanks for writing such a great piece, and can’t wait to see more work from you in the future.

about 2 months

Treehouse, Treehome

PROMPT: A Trillion Trees

Love it to the moon and back, and the inspiration behind it is really sweet. I love the ode like vibe, and your ending is absolutely killer.

about 2 months

INCOGNITO: First FIVE Chapters

Great piece, and I can’t wait to see more from you! All the best with this piece, and thanks for letting me review it for you!

2 months

3 Words

PROMPT: One-Liner

Meh, I don’t feel like it’s an unnecessary statement, I think it’s quite poetic! Welcome to Write The World, and I wish you the best of luck with your writing! -p

2 months

Thank You

PROMPT: Poem as Letter

Hey you, it’s me again! I absolutely love this piece. It’s a great way to pay homage to your mom. Hope to hear from you soon, and thanks for being my review buddy this month! -p

2 months

The Past Within (PLEASE GIVE FEEDBACK)

Hey review buddy! Thanks for commenting on my piece, because I forgot that I signed up for that! Anyways, I hope that you find this review helpful. I always struggle writing reviews for poetry because I do t write it very well, and it’s so personal........let me know if I did/said something wrong or offended you, because I just want to be the best reviewer and supporter I can be. Have a great day! -p

2 months

like the dark has opened its maw and now i can see its teeth

PROMPT: Universal Knowledge

I love this piece so much, but i was sad to see that yet again it was over explained in the footnotes. FOOD FOR THOUGHT; maybe, you want to consider having 2 pieces to each thing you write; the story, and then the story behind the story. Some people love hearing about where it came from;I’m not one of those people unfortunately, so it detracted form the piece greatly. It was truly lovely though. You are such an expressive writer! Great work, and thanks for letting me review it for you!

2 months

fragments of flashes of vignettes

This piece is great, but it didn’t leave me with much to wonder after reading your footnote. It’s truly great though, and I love the origins of this piece. Great job, and thanks for letting me review this lovely piece of work.

2 months

The Chevaliers #imagineit

I love this piece. You are such an extraordinary writer. This piece is great, and thanks for letting me review it for you.

2 months

i feel like an old god walking among new men.

It’s been a joy writing these reviews for you, and am looking forward to seeing more from you on the future. Thanks for allowing me to review these 2 pieces for you, and all the best in the future!

2 months

i think i met god on a bench at st james' park

I hope you can accept this criticism constructively. You are a genius wordsmith, and I feel that with a little direction you are a force to be reckoned with. Once again, I think it’s great that you’re using uppercase again! It’s more mature. Thanks for letting me review this, as it was a delight to read!

2 months

You Learn Something New Every Day

IMma keep a close eye on you. I absolutely adore your writing style. It’s so funny, light, and relatable. Great job, and thanks for letting me review your work.

2 months

My Pencils All Broke, So I'm Converting To Mechanicalism

I love how you turned something like this into a sarcastic internal commentary. You have such a unique voice, and I’m honoured to have been asked to review this.

2 months

Waterproof (No more tears)

I love this. Enough said. Please don’t make ,e review any more of your pieces. MY HEART CANT TAKE IT!

2 months

Jealousy (letter to my lost one)

Love it, love your work, and can’t wait to read more.

2 months

Back Down

This piece eerily reminded me of “Halfway Right” by Linkin Park, and idk why lol. Anyways great piece, and I’d love to hear what you have in mind for the track.

2 months

Vibes

I really li,e the way you write this, but as a fan of the alt/rock/goth genre, This is a tad out of my comfort zone.......so sorry if I came off as rude! Thanks for the opportunity to edit your piece!

2 months

Fimbulwinter

I love this, and your work. Thank you for letting me review it

2 months

The Odd-Eyed Man

PROMPT: A Signature Capability

It is so nice to read a long piece on here. Thank you for inviting me to review this piece, and for helping make WtW awesome.

2 months

Lavender

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition 2019

This is very VERY well written. Thank you for sha I gotta this piece with me, and the WtW community. Best of luck with the contest! I’m rooting for you!

5 months

The Woodland Forest

I would love to see this as a series. Great job! -parachutes

5 months

Just A Step

Where did this concept come from? It’s really cool. Also, where’d Ab’negals name originate from. It’s a super groovy name. Best of luck with the contest!

5 months

Hangnail

PROMPT: Semicolon Soirée

This is a really good piece, and I feel like you did an amazing job! Good work!

6 months

To Find A Reason, When We Just Weren’t Born To Do So

This piece is so interesting. Thank you for steering me in the right direction towards finding my purpose <3

6 months

The Storm

I am in love with this! It’s just really great. Good job!

6 months

recompense

Okay this is eerie. I started reading this and BOOM, thunder and lightning lit up the sky. Anyways, this is a really good piece. Good job!

6 months

Different

This is a great way to vent, take out anger, and improve your writing at the same time! Good job.

6 months

Left Out

YOU DESERVE BETTER THAN THEM!

6 months

Sight, Sound, Smell, Taste, Touch

PROMPT: Refuge

This was an interesting prompt, and you nailed it right on the head. You created a bold statement, so good job!

6 months

Love note (Secret admirer)

Your rhyming scheme and stanzas are on pint, and it is consistent. Good job!

6 months

Stuck in a screen

PROMPT: Unplugged: Op-Ed Competition

This is a really good piece for the Op Ed. Great job, and I hope your piece is well received!

6 months

The monster That Killed My Brother

I think this is a really well written piece. Good job!

6 months

Why I Can’t Write a Good Poem

This is really awesome. I am in love with it, so good job!

6 months

Radio

Good job! This is a really good poem!

6 months

The Party

Thank you for this piece.

6 months

The Gift

This is a solid piece. Good job.

6 months

Noctisolum

PROMPT: Joy to the World

This is really cool.

6 months

my meaning

PROMPT: Three Sources

Good piece. I feel like you could expand a little more as to why nature is one of your meanings.

6 months

Heartbeat

PROMPT: Tweets of Self-Respect

I love this prompt so much, and you did a stellar job executing it.

6 months

smoke: a poem

PROMPT: Smog. Smoke. Soot.

Way to draw me in! Good job!

6 months

An Audience of One

PROMPT: Unplugged: Op-Ed Competition

This is really good. Good luck with the contest!!!!!!!

6 months

Changes

I really like this, especially the cliff hanger! It’s so refreshing to read a longer piece in this site, so thank you for this! <3

6 months

Poison Flowing

PROMPT: Plastic Ekphrastic

I like this piece. It is well worded. Good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 months

Innocent

This is just awesome.

6 months

Animal Squad

You need to reformat this i think. It is a little bit difficult to read due to the choppy irregular formatting.

6 months

Hypercriticism

PROMPT: Dictionary Title

Although it is short, it is to the point, and well worded. Good job! I don't feel like there is anything lacking content wise, but do consider editing this. It is formatted funny, and I feel that it takes away from the piece. And yes, i do like it (:

6 months

Fighting depression

This is an interesting piece. I quite enjoyed it. I think that it would be a more solid and sturdy piece if you used less commas. The commas make it seem like you don't know what to say and that you are pulling this out of thin air.

6 months

1 of 100,000: The Adoption Crisis

PROMPT: Op-Ed Competition 2019

I like it.

8 months

It knows I know

I love this piece so much! It is very well worded, and I am scared for the character LOL

6 months

Everyone Gets a Bite!

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2018

I hope this review is well received! Good luck in the contest!

over 1 year