4a65d581 ebc1 478d be37 4fdc18dd6987

singaporeandreamer

I live words, I breathe words, I am made of words.

An aspiring writer from Singapore who can't make up my mind about what I really want to write.

Hence will spew out prose or poems or plays or strange mishmashes of all three.

Or just random ramblings.

Peer Reviews

Triteness of Being

PROMPT: Unplugged: Op-Ed Competition

i was quite taken with this piece :D all the best for your writing!

Black Robes

PROMPT: Monster Flash Fiction Competition 2018

this was such a pleasure to read! thank you!

Nostalgia

i enjoyed reading this piece! keep up the good work!

so i decided to actually write something that isnt a poem

hands down one of my favourite pieces on this platform. so elegantly written and i loved the plot twist at the end to show how this was a teacher that felt this. so beautifully portrayed and i adore this so so much. thank you for brightening my day (ironically) with this gorgeously pessimistic piece

No Good Solider

i loved this poem. it’s simple, but the brilliance of those two lines have got to make this one of my favourite poems on this platform. please continue writing!!

"til the end of the line" (endgame spoilers ahead)

:,,,,,,,,((((( i’m just as upset about steve leaving as you probably are honestly

Sturdy

though this was quite short it was really nice and refreshingly optimistic. good work!

this is me

for a first time piece this was amazingly written! keep up this standard of writing and you’ll go very far!!! :D

Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds

i liked this piece a lot though i do feel that it can be improved such as through ^^ above. keep working hard and writing more wonderful pieces!

zero to zero

PROMPT: 0-9

like i said above, this poem was beautiful and wonderfully written. i also liked the way the writer used parantheses to convey additional information that adds to the poem. overall, painfully brutal and honest, but such a brilliant use of numbers

Hey and Sorry!

this poem was really cute and endearing (i hope i’m not being too belittling) and i loved it! all the best for you future poems!

Return to the Mesozoic

PROMPT: A Sense of Place

i think this piece has a lot of potential, but a lot of it was unfortunately lost in a sea of flowery language. try to establish your setting more clearly and stick to real life settings instead of alternating between a virtual setting and a real life one. all the best!

glow up

I feel that the last four "give me two weeks" makes the poem sound more like a song than a poem, and that's it's pretty unecessary. I get that you're trying to put the message across, but I don't think it's that relevant. Other than that, I was truly blown away by this piece. This was remarkable!!

​Rain is for children

PROMPT: Impermanence

I loved this piece. I think it was truly amazing for how you managed to make such an evocative and beautiful scene with such a short haiku, and super amazing how you captured the essence of a haiku. I would like to pose a question: what was the inspiration behind this piece?? Was it a memory, a picture etc??

Catharsis

i loved this piece so much!! Thank you for writing something like this!!

Ever wondered what a koala does in its free time?

PROMPT: Unrelated

it is quite a literal piece, which maybe some people may frown on, but this was so surreal and yet so well written at the same time! It's quite amazing how you managed to link so many different things together to form a hilarious storyline that actually makes sense!