Image

aharry01

A teenager who enjoys videogames, Netflix, blogging, and reading, sometimes all at once. She also enjoys writing light and creative pieces, and isn't sure why she's writing this in the third person.

Check out my blog: yearofteen.wordpress.com

I feel as though 200 characters is a bit short for a message from yours truly. I mean, this is a writing website after all and by limit the number of cha

Image
1

aharry01 (United States) published:

Froot Loop

PROMPT: All Talk

You know....you know what's weird?
The fact that you're reading on the floor of your boyfriend's bedroom instead of sitting with him?
No. Well yeah, but no. What I was gonna say was like, in books right? 
Books, yeah.
Like, why does the character always die in the end or the beginning? Just think about it. A major character never dies right smack in the middle of the book. It's absurd, really. 
What about....what about the one where the kid...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Image
2

aharry01 (United States) published:

Froot Loop

PROMPT: All Talk

You know....you know what's weird?
Books, yeah.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Image
Leader

aharry01 (United States) earned a badge Leader

Image
Leader

Image
2
1

aharry01 (United States) published:

Froot Loop

PROMPT: All Talk

You know....you know what's weird?
Books, yeah.
What about....what about the one where someone like...

Image
2
1

aharry01 (United States) published:

Froot Loop

PROMPT: All Talk

You know....you know what's weird?
Books, yeah.

Image
1

aharry01 (United States) published:

Froot Loop

PROMPT: All Talk

You know....you know what's weird?
Mmm?
Like, in books right? 
Uh huh.
What about....what about the one where someone like kills themselves right smack in the middle.
I mean, there's a lot where the kid kills themselves right smack in the middle.
Well there you go--HEY! Don't...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Image
1

aharry01 (United States) published:

Froot Loop

PROMPT: All Talk

You know....you know what's weird?
Mmm?
Like, in books right? 
Uh huh.
Well there you go--HEY! Don't...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Image

aharry01 (United States) published:

Bird

PROMPT: All in a Name

The unnaturally tall athlete runs his thumb along the smooth indent and licks his lips, determined. Knees bent, arms crooked -- BAM! The weighty globe launches from the thrust of the man's hand with a silent explosion, gracefully glides through the air as though on ice, and flies into the net with a satisfying swish. 

My father, barely seventeen, sits in front of the dim screen eagerly, watching the master known as Larry Bird drain yet another shot in the...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Image
Prolific

aharry01 (United States) earned a badge Prolific

All Talk

Froot Loop

You know....you know what's weird?
Books, yeah.
What about....what about the one where the kid like, kills himself right smack in the middle.
I mean, there's a lot of books like that....
Well, there you go. 
So you gotta kill yourself to get a decent middle spot? Otherwise you just get offed right at the beginning or the end?
Well, yeah I guess--HEY! Don't throw Froot Loops at me!
You're a Froot Loop!
Tell me something I don't know...
SOMETHIN I DON'T KNOW! SOME--
That wasn't an invitation to sing....
Everything's an invitation to sing! ...

All Talk

Froot Loop

You know....you know what's weird?
Books, yeah.
Well, there you go. 
You're a Froot Loop!
Tell me something I don't know...
SOMETHIN I DON'T KNOW! SOME--
That wasn't an invitation to sing....
Everything's an invitation to sing! ...

All Talk

Froot Loop

You know....you know what's weird?
Books, yeah.
Well there you go-- So you gotta kill yourself to get a decent middle spot. Uh hu--HEY! Don't throw Froot Loops at me!
You're a Froot Loop!
Tell me something I don't know...
SOMETHIN I DON'T KNOW! SOME--
That wasn't an invitation to sing....
Everything's an invitation to sing!
That's nice, pumpkin....
You know what else is weird? ...

All Talk

Froot Loop

You know....you know what's weird?
Mmm?
Like, in books right? 
Uh huh.
Well there you go--HEY! Don't throw Froot Loops at me!
You're a Froot Loop!
Tell me something I don't know...
SOMETHIN I DON'T KNOW! SOME--
That wasn't an invitation to sing....
Everything's an invitation to sing!
That's nice, pumpkin....
You know what else is weird?
Hmmm, do I really want to?
Like, why do couples call each other food names? Like how you just called me honey?
And you called me a Froot Loop?
Yeah! Like, what if like, and hear me out here, couples...

All in a Name

Bird

My father, barely seventeen, sits in front of the dim screen eagerly, watching the master known as Larry Bird drain yet another shot in the basketball hoop. My father thinks not of his future children, but only of the Celtics legend who racks up baskets like a car racks up miles.

I was named after Larry Bird. My father, being the basketball-loving intellectual, put quite a bit of thought into the name. He stuck to his Boston Latin Boy roots by giving his daughter a name that had a Latin translation: "Ava." With a twist on the Latin word Avis, my father was firm...

Novel Writing Competition - Nov '15

When they found him

Chapter 15

Will is dead. When they found him he was swinging. Swinging in his dorm, surrounded by what he once loved, once aspired for. Swinging from his neck, his red and raw neck. Red and raw from the rope tied around it, red and raw like my heart when I heard. There's been an accident. This is no accident, my friend. That's what his note said, at least. It was not an easy-way-out note; it was long, sturdy. If notes can be sturdy.  One could hardly call it a note but more of a will, a pun I'm sure he would have appreciated. Written on fine paper an artist or caligrapher would use, he detailed his life from the beginning. His hopes that he will never see, his dreams he will never fullfill, his children he will never have. Dreams even I didn't know he had, longings he never parted with. Secrets he kept until the end. He was a writer,...

Novel Writing Competition - Nov '15

When they found him

Chapter 15

Will is dead. When they found him he was swinging. Swinging in his dorm, surrounded by what he once loved, once aspired for. Swinging like the character from LOST -- what was his name? Swinging from his neck, his red and raw neck. Red and raw from the rope tied around it, red and raw like my heart when I heard. There's been an accident. This is no accident, my friend. That's what his note said, at least. It was not an easy-way-out note; it was long, sturdy. If notes can be sturdy. Written on fine paper an artist or caligrapher would use, he detailed his life. His ups, his downs, his hopes, his dreams. His hopes that he will never see, his dreams he will never fullfill. His children he will never have. He was a writer, no doubt. One could hardly call it a note but more of a will, a pun I'm sure he would...

Novel Writing Competition - Nov '15

When they found him

Chapter 15

Will is dead. When they found him he was swinging. Swinging like the character from LOST, what was his name? Swinging from his neck, his red and raw neck. Red and raw from the rope tied around it, red and raw like my heart when I heard. There's been an accident. This is no accident, my friend. That's what his note said, at least. It was not an easy way out note, it was a long, sturdy note. If notes can be sturdy. Written on fine paper an artist or caligrapher would use, he detailed his life. His ups, his downs, his hopes, his dreams. His hopes that he will never see, his dreams he will never fullfill. His children he will never have. He was a writer, no doubt. His note, though one could hardly call it a note and more of a will, detailed every aspect of a future without him. His bedroom, clean it...

That Sort of Person

The sort of girl

The sort of girl who doesn't seem like she has tear stains on her pillow, but does anyway.

Open Prompt

Fear

The engines roar. I can't hear myself think. Noise. Just noise. It is louder than anything I've ever heard. A surge of fear rushes through me, an ocean of worries. I want to throw up. Breathe in. Breathe out. I crack open my eyes long enough to glance down and see two clenched fists next to me. They are my own. I feel a sensation - speed. I shoot a look at the calm girl sitting next to me and squeeze my eyes shut. The roar increases and the gleaming white prison begins to shake and move as I inhale. I peer to my right but quickly glance back. The ground moves faster, faster. I squeeze my eyes shut.

I wake up, groggy. It's 4 am and I'm lying in my bed. My dad is shaking me awake, and as I remember why he is waking me up, a surge of fear rushes up my stomach into my throat....

Five Novel Titles

Titles

The Phrontistery

Rain is wet, you are ugly, and other unsurprising truths

Incindiary

Exacerbo

Perfect men and other fabrications

A piece of good news.

It's all in the details...

My art work is often quite flawed, unless you consider writing an art. Even if you consider writing an art. You see, I am creative. Creativity is not the problem. Detail -- the painstaking process of being careful, watching every little movement, every little mistake -- is my downfall. My past photography trip was no different. Because it is simply so hard to screw up in the art of photgraphy, it is the one art where I can do a somewhat decent job. I had what I believed to be wonderful photographs, because you simply can't botch the details in photography -- or so I thought. Naturally, lacking common sense and every other type of sense known to man, I somehow managed to burn the film with the sunlight. All of my wonderful pictures, fried into a photograph of solid brightness. The sunlight, the very one that had provided the images in the first place, had ruined them. Ironic, isn't it?...

Six-Word Story

The Road Less Traveled

Sometes, roads should be less traveled

Ripple Effect

Porkchop

He follows his mother though the mud.
In a line they march, poked and prodded.
Food lies ahead, or so they believe.
To the slaughterhouse the pigs trudge on.
Porkchops tonight!

Six-Word Story

The Road Less Traveled

Road less traveled for a reason

A piece of good news.

It's all in the details...

My art work is often quite flawed, unless you consider writing an art. Even if you consider writing an art. You see, I am creative. Creativity is not the problem. Detail -- the painstaking process of being careful, watching every little movement, every little mistake -- is my downfall. My past photography trip was no different. Bevause it is simply so hard to screw up in this art form, it is the one art where I can do a somewhat decent job. I had what I believed to be wonderful photographs, because you simply can't botch the details in photography -- or so I thought. Naturally, lacking common sense and every other type of sense known to man, I somehow managed to burn the film with the sunlight. All of my wonderful pictures, fried into a photograph of solid brightness. The sunlight, the very one that had provided the images in the first place, had ruined them. Ironic, isn't it? Crushed,...

Collective Voice

We

Look at us, and you will not recognize us. We are the college student who totes an oversized backpack, we are the broken-down man who sits on the dusty park bench. We are the young mother who gazes out of her window longingly, we are the small child hanging from the monkey bars. You do not know us, nor will you ever know us. But we know you. We know who you are, where you are, what you are. We know what you are made of -- strength, resilience, despair, misery. We watch your every move, every day. We look for those who are like us, and we know each other. A glimpse that lasts a millisecond too long, an curt jut of the chin, a faint twitch of the left eye. We nod, but never speak. We avoid each other, afraid of conflict, afraid -- if we had feelings, that is. Who are we? You will never know who...

aharry01's 1 Like

It's all in the details... by aharry01

Published about 2 years ago

5 Likes from Others

Froot Loop

Liked by 1 person

Running

Liked by 1 person

Froot Loop

Liked by 2 people

Froot Loop

Liked by 1 person

It's all in the details...

Liked by 3 people

Good neighbor

We like your photo and your biography.

Earned about 2 years ago

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned about 2 years ago

Follower

You're following over five other writers.

Earned about 2 years ago

Leader

You're being followed by over five other writers!

Earned over 1 year ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned about 2 years ago

Prolific

You really are prolific - you've published over ten pieces already.

Earned almost 2 years ago

Reviewer

You've reviewed!

Earned about 2 years ago

Competitor

Thanks for entering a competition.

Earned about 2 years ago

Admirer inactive

Follow over twenty other writers to become an admirer!

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Favoriter inactive

Get favoriting - read and favorite over ten pieces published by others to earn this badge.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Patron inactive

Become a patron of writers - follow over thirty of them.

Popular penman inactive

Get over ten favorites for your work to become a Popular Penner.

Power writer inactive

Keep going! Write over ten thousand words and you'll be a Power Writer.

Pro reviewer inactive

Submit over five reviews and get that Pro Reviewer feeling.

Super star inactive

Get your writing career glittering with more than thirty followers.

Supporter inactive

Get supportive. Follow over ten other writers and get a badge too.

Top critic inactive

Submit over fifteen reviews and you'll be a top critic.