almost flora kane

my pen name is flora kane. i'm a slytherin, infp-t, christian, and generally insane. joined 3.30.2018.

~ will do reviews on request ~

currently hoping i don't lose anyone else.

i’m addicted to my ringtone,
and get angry when it’s not him.
is this real?

Peer Reviews

Pandemic Mirrors

PROMPT: Poetry and Spoken Word Competition: 2021

unknown

catharsis for truth

hello madeline! i hope you're having a very good day so far. i've loved diving into this piece, it's so beautiful, but also packed with intense meaning. i had a lot of trouble finding some critical things to say, even though my default is to be a very blunt critic. so anyway, if there's any other questions i could answer, or ways i could help, shoot me a comment! all the best, flora p.s. i love your formatting, it's amazing how you've used italics. it's works very well to add to the intrigue!

about 1 month

these here gravely callings

hiya love, rose! you've written such a gorgeous poem here, which stems from such an interesting story:D why were you walking through a graveyard in the first place, haha? anyway, i've said it before and i'll say it again, i'm really impressed with what you've put together! if there's any specific questions you might have for me, i'd be happy to answer them, and if you end up making a second draft to this, please shoot me a comment. i'd love to see what comes of it:) all the best, flora

about 1 month

The mystery of missing crown jewels Chapter 1

hi writergirl79! this beginning to the mystery of the missing crown jewels has a lot of potential. i will love reading more about Mia and Ruby, and getting to know them better as characters. Like I said above, showing, not telling, their hatred for each other will help to flesh out the piece more, as well as bring some length to the chapter! also, i left a couple of comments about grammar stuff, but i'm not sure if you'd want me to go more in depth about it. there's more i could say, so if you'd want the nitty-gritty, just leave a comment:) anyway, i really hope you find this helpful, and if there's anything else i can do for you, shoot me a comment! regards, flora

about 1 month

where you see reflection i see refraction

hiya deep_breaths! i hope you're having a good day. i've enjoying thinking more deeply about your piece, it's a beautiful poem with important implications in its meaning. i cannot wait to see where you go with this, please shoot me a comment with the link if you put out another draft or update or whatever haha:) also, if you have any other questions that i can answer, i'd love to help! good luck with everything, flora p.s. i'm in love with your title. it's amazing.

about 1 month

It Hurts

morning nyla! well, it's morning for me haha. i'm so happy to have had the opportunity to dive into this piece. it's such a pressing, urgent and personal issue that you've tackled, and i think that's something you should be very proud of, since you've done so very well. you did ask for criticality though, so i definitely supplied such. i like to make very clear that this is such a good first draft and you have a lot of potential here. i cannot wait to hear your spoken performance! all the best, flora

about 1 month

river on fire

hello river, i've very much enjoyed diving into your poem. the imagery and different thoughts connecting to fire throughout gives an amazing vein to this piece. i know i've pointed out quite a few details to this, so feel free to take what you like and leave the rest, of course. all of these ideas are exactly that, ideas, so i don't want you to think that your poem isn't impressive simply because of the amount of comments. sometimes it can feel that way for me:) my favorites stanzas are definitely those in the middle, beginning with "at the fringes..." and "in solidarity..." they are so well written and thought-provoking that i read them and said "wow!" aloud at my desk. either way, if you continue with this piece, i'd love to read how it turns out after developing further. if you have any other questions or things i could help with, i'd be happy to do so! have a great day, flora

about 1 month

city of angels (footnotes!)

hiya! i don't actually know who i'm writing this to, f'otter or mindfruit? but either way i've reviewed both your april fools pieces:D this poem spurred my curiosity for sure! since i've never been to LA, it's entertaining to see how you think about this place which is your second home. by developing what you mean by that description it might give some more clarity to your emotions behind the piece, as i mentioned above, so exploring that would be super interesting. if you do decide to try some stuff out, i'd love to see where you go with this poem! any other things that i could help out with, other questions or such, i'd be happy to. all the best, flora

about 1 month

Ice Burns

good morning! (well, it's morning where i am.) i don't actually know who i'm writing this to, f'otter or mindfruit? either way i'll be reviewing both your april fools pieces:D like i said above, this piece is quite creative and thought provoking. with some developing of a setting or a memory with the "you" character it might seem a bit more like a clear image rather than a thought process. depends on how you want it to come across, either way is good! have fun experimenting with the different ways this piece can go, there's a lot of paths you could take it, so if you do progress it further i'd love to see what you do with it. if there's any questions you'd like answered or anything else that i could help with, i'd love to do so! have a great day, flora

about 1 month

The Beauty of Being Alone

PROMPT: January Grab Bag

acrosstheuniverse28, this piece is one of my favorites i have found on this site! it is jam-packed with stunning imagery and the way you breathed life and a story into the initial inspiration from café terrace at night is absolutely amazing. i personally really like your style of writing, and have done a lot of complementing in this review, but also tried to give an idea of how you could expand if you'd like. honestly, the way you kept gently repeating the point, and continuously keeping the reader on track is something i strive for, which i haven't mastered yet. thanks for writing a great example:)) i hope this was helpful! i haven't reviewed pieces in a while, but i'm trying to get better at it, so if there's any feedback you have for me to help more would be great. plus, if you have any other pieces you would like reviewed, i'd be happy to take a look! ~flora <3

3 months

too fast

kathryn siena, this piece is short and bittersweet as such a gorgeous, impactful poem. down to something like line length, the tone and rhythm is really strong. i mentioned a couple of things you could expand on in the comments, which might help toward the small inconsistency from above. the last lines create a clear image for me of waving your youth goodbye, and it really hit me. if you choose to take this on and edit/revise i cannot wait to see how much it can improve:) i hope this was helpful! i haven't reviewed pieces in a while, but i'm trying to get better at it, so if there's any feedback you have for me to help more would be great. plus, if you have any other pieces you would like reviewed, i'd be happy to take a look! ~flora <3

3 months

Walking With Wings

Stumbling Conundrum, i read this piece and immediately knew i had to review it. it's already so beautiful and reflective, but i know you wanted to change the last line, so i decided to give you my ideas! feel free to scrap anything that doesn't feel right to you, of course, and know that i'm so in love with this piece:) sincerely, flora

7 months

Condolences

PROMPT: All Talk

Truly, I am enraptured in this story. I hope you might come back to it, and add more to make it seem like a chapter from a novel. I have a couple of things I'd suggest to make it even better, but it's up to you. They're in the highlights. Thank you so much for writing this amazing piece to read. I hope this is helpful. Also, re: thank you for the complements on my other piece. It really means so much to me! And even more also: your profile picture is so relatable. :) ~ flora

7 months

mountainsong - #romanticize

Overall, this is such a song in itself with the beauty that it contains. Your piece has an air of magic to it that makes the reader want to know more. Good luck on the #romanticize contest!

over 1 year

sister

I would love to see what you do with this piece if you decide to update it. Please continue to work on this so that we can be graced with more of your talent:D AMAZING!

almost 2 years

procrastination

I love the vibe of this piece! I'll definitely share, and come back for more in the future:) AMAZING!

almost 2 years

Nocturnal thought

Every time I continue to write another review, I am so thankful to be surrounded by this huge group of writers who inspire me with their work. You and this talented piece remind me of that, and to fully live! AMAZING!

almost 2 years

lie on my epitaph when the dirt gets in my eyes

Okay. This piece, this piece, this piece... It's got me speechless (or typeless?) at the talent in this poem. The title is what got me, and I loved that it took me a couple (more like some) reads to get the full picture; it's just that good! AMAZING!

almost 2 years

Untouchable

It's so short, but so beautiful! The comparisons in this piece are wonderful. For anyone who might see this on my feed, it's definitely worth your time and imagination, trust me:) AMAZING!

almost 2 years

Window Panes

Your talent with imagery and descriptors shines through in this piece! I love the alliteration between lines, and I feel like it could be taken to the next level with some cool formatting/punctuation. One of the things I really enjoy is how it goes through an entire day, not just sun or moon. AMAZING!

almost 2 years

Lonely

Space is a interesting topic for me, and this piece so nicely encompasses the details of the universe. I definitely will recommend this to others:D AMAZING!

almost 2 years

Drowning

OH MY GOSH. This is just great because it's so deep and beautiful, and then the end is so relatable. This poem is a winner for sure! Just, AMAZING!

almost 2 years

Moving Day

This story is something that many people (including me) have been through. I especially like the imagery of this poem, and how you have so beautifully written this. AMAZING!

almost 2 years

The Beauty of this World

I definitely feel the need for a vivid poem like this in the world today. With a couple improvements, I can see this going really far. Simply, AMAZING!

almost 2 years

The World Is Quiet Here

This is so flow-y and gorgeous that I think it could almost be a lullaby. I love reading this over and over to find more and more meaning behind it. I'd enjoy hearing what your thoughts were as you wrote this:) AMAZING!

about 2 years

On the Banks of the River

AHHHHHH it's so beautiful! I enjoy reading this, and being transported to a different place, a different time, and sitting at the banks of the river. It almost relieves me of all the stress right now, 'cause school is busy:) I wonder if you could play around with the format of the poem to add more to it? AMAZING!

about 2 years

Chapter 1

OH MY GOSH! I want to read more, and I definitely will as soon as I finish writing reviews:) A lot of the criticism that you're looking for is in the comments, and if you want any other help, feel free to reach out to me. AMAZING!

almost 2 years

Falling

MY HEART. I RELATE A LITTLE TOO MUCH. And I like caps lock a little too much:) This piece is absolutely beautiful and raw, and I love how much emotion you can see in the lines already. AMaZinG! (I told you, I'm addicted to caps lock.) P.S. I did mention in one of the comments that I can see this being an oral interpretation piece, and what I mean by that is when a piece of writing is "performed" by a speaker. Your voice is used to create an extra layer in the writing, and is related to spoken word poetry. (Don't fact check that, it's only information I've picked up, and I don't know if it's the exact thing...) :D

about 2 years

Have You Ever?

I love how each stanza is so different, yet it follows the same formula that creates something beautiful. Each line of the stanza works to form a certain piece of the puzzle and it's awesome. Usually I don't like to read poems that ask a bunch of questions, mainly because it can get repetitive, yet this is WONDERFUL!

about 2 years

#Somethingiscoming

I'm pretty sure this is the most comments I've added to a review. They're all GREAT. I LOVED this. AND it's one of the shorted pieces to catch my eye. This shows so much room for continuation, and I'm guessing I won't be the only one to fall in love with a larger story if you decide to take on the project. Absolute gorgeous use of this prompt, and... Well... THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME. :)

about 2 years

TO BE SOLD; 10 likely slave girls, fit for any duties

OH MY GOSH. I'M CURRENTLY FREAKING OUT...sorry... This piece hurts my heart so much, but it creates such a connection to history that I'm in a frienemy relationship now with this poem. I just want to read it over and over to learn as much as possible from the beautiful lines you've written. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! Please keep writing these beautiful pieces!!

about 2 years

Jumping

The simple lines of this poem truly wants me to learn more, and I hang on each word for more of the story. I would love to read more of this poem, or a story based off of it, since there are so many ways you could go with this! I wanted to say that if this doesn't make too much sense, I'm sorry. I wanted to write this because I thought this poem is really cool, but I'm super tired:)

about 2 years

my world is dying

I'm absolutely stunned by the emotion pinpointed in this poem, it's amazing. I usually don't enjoy the rhythmic repetition as much, but this is a perfect way to use it, and makes me want to try my own. I can't wait to search for more of these gems in your future (and past) writing.

about 2 years

Natural Beings

PROMPT: Walking

I enjoy reading this piece over and over again, finding more and more images and vivid description to keep. I feel like this could be an ending of a crazy amazing book, because it ends just right. I love this piece, and would love to see more!

over 2 years

Library

PROMPT: Library Magic

I love the imagery and nostalgic feeling of this piece. I never had a cupboard under the stairs at all, and this made me feel like I was there. Great descriptions and story! I would love to see more on this.

over 2 years