sparkdust

isabella. she/they. nb sapphic.

i want to show you everything in my words because when it comes down to hell and high water all i will have left in me at the end of it all will be my words

Default avatar user icon
Self editor

sparkdust (United States) earned a badge Self-Editor

Default avatar user icon

sparkdust (United States) published:

cold; (a dictionary of my own design part 3/?)

cold
/kōld/
adjective

1. of or at a low or relatively low temperature, especially when compared with the human body.

2. winter is cold. your hands are often cold. your pinkies always get cold first and then your back starts to ache.

3. it's been a long time since you've felt warm, warm to the bone and you want to feel something that isn't bone-numb cold

4. your heart is cold, you think. if it's not frozen, then maybe it's...

Default avatar user icon
Leader

sparkdust (United States) earned a badge Leader

Default avatar user icon

sparkdust (United States) liked Stop glamourising mental illness. by Sashbob2018 (United Kingdom)

Default avatar user icon
1

sparkdust (United States) published:

cold
/kōld/
adjective

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

sparkdust (United States) liked Untitled by you need to gogh (United States)

Default avatar user icon
2

sparkdust (United States) published:

body (a dictionary of my own design; part 2/?)

bod·y
/ˈbädē/
noun

1. the physical structure of a person or an animal, including the bones, flesh, and organs.

2. i know some people have it worse. i know the curve of my spine is pretty tame, i know my skin is light enough that no one will try to shoot me unarmed. i know i can fit into clothing at stores. i know i can still see and hear and move. i know.

3. some days i like my...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
2

sparkdust (United States) published:

anger; (a dictionary of my own design; part 1/?)

an·ger
/ˈaNGɡər/
noun

1. a strong feeling of annoyance, displeasure, or hostility.

2. i live in a neighborhood where almost everyone is on free lunch (up until this year i was) and almost everyone is in government-helped houses (i live in one). one of my friends' mother (giant house; never on free lunch; rich) drove me home and the mobile hope bus was there. 'what is that?' the mother asks and i respond it gives coats to people who can't...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
Favoriter

sparkdust (United States) earned a badge Favoriter

Default avatar user icon

sparkdust (United States) liked pompeii by you need to gogh (United States)

cold
/kōld/
adjective

4. your heart is cold, you think. if it's not frozen, then maybe it's just steel, but you'd like to think that your heart is frosted over and possibly could be thawed.

5. you wish she could warm you up. you remember how you felt when she kissed you, burning hot and warm to the bone. you wish you could feel like that again.

6. the water of the bathroom is cold, cold on your face. you blink away drops that aren't hot tears, you blink away drops that clean your burning face. cold...

cold
/kōld/
adjective

bod·y
/ˈbädē/
noun

3. some days i like my body. i like the way my thighs are soft and the way my hair is wavy and the way my eyes look in the light. i like the way i tilt my head and i like the way i flap my hands and i even like the way i'm pudgy.

4. some days i hate my body. i hate the way my breasts are so prominent (even if they're small i swear they're a giant sign that reads GIRL GIRL...

an·ger
/ˈaNGɡər/
noun

2. i live in a neighborhood where almost everyone is on free lunch (up until this year i was) and almost everyone is in government-helped houses (i live in one). one of my friends' mother (giant house; never on free lunch; rich) drove me home and the mobile hope bus was there. 'what is that?' the mother asks and i respond it gives coats to people who can't afford it. 'so they just give out coats to anyone?' and her daughter cuts in. 'are you going to take one?' and her voice is annoyed but then i feel the bubbling rage as the mother responds with a shrug and i know. i know she'd take jackets from freezing kids just so she doesn't have to pay for it. i want to scream. i want to grab her by her coat collar and scream in her face because how....

it's been a month since we broke up why am i still writing about you?

i'm cold. i'm so so cold, cold right down into my bones, into my heart. i've tried putting on sweaters and socks and slippers and all they do is cover me up and keep me quiet and dusty

i'm broken. i'm so so broken, broken right down into my heart, into my soul. i've tried laughing and throwing myself into anything else, flinging myself into my words, into my thoughts, into my laughter, into my distractions, but all it takes is one glance at you for my whole world to become just a meteor flinging itself around the sun, around you, you, you.

i think it's my fault that i let you crawl into the cracks in me; i think it's my fault that i let you grab me by the throat and give me that smile and put me in a trance; i think it's my fault that i keep going back to orbiting around you when you give...

Chapter 1: The Secret

The woods hide a secret. The woods hide many secrets, but this one they hid particularly well. This secret is one inside of a mausoleum, one you might see in a graveyard. In these woods, there is no need for a graveyard. The rotting floor of the forest takes all the dead and one day even the bones will be absorbed into the dark, rich soil. The moss and grass will grow from the soil and feed the deer who will feed the wolves who will one day die and be eaten by the fungi and flies, and then the bones of those wolves will turn into soil, from which mosses and grass will grow.

The woods have hidden secrets before, within the trees and whispered to the flowers. It's not uncommon for moss and creepers and vines to cover secrets, old boxes, keys, bones, and pull them into the earth for safe keeping. But this secret is one that...

Marionette

I'm a marionette and I was jerked around by barbed wire, but I managed to break free and now
I'm a marionette and I'm held up and pulled around by my own heartstrings and
I'm a marionette and I wish I could slice away my strings because
I'm a marionette and there are people pulling my strings who don't realize that they're controlling my movements so
I'm a marionette and even a small dismissive flick of the hand sends me spiraling.

I'm a marionette and my wires are cut and nothing is holding me up but the stillness between the snip and the crash

Love in 13 Words

My Love

Love: fully, happily, unthinkingly, stupidly
Love not: those who would love you well

sparkdust's 5 Likes

Untitled by you need to gogh

Published 7 months ago

pompeii by you need to gogh

Published 7 months ago

race by you need to gogh

Published 3 months ago

rayures de tigre by you need to gogh

Published 3 months ago

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned 2 months ago

Leader

You're being followed by over five other writers!

Earned 2 months ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned 3 months ago

Favoriter

Love your work - you've read and favorited over ten pieces published by others

Earned 3 months ago

Admirer inactive

Follow over twenty other writers to become an admirer!

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Competitor inactive

It's as easy as entering a competition to earn this badge.

Follower inactive

Follow over five other writers and you'll get a badge for your efforts.

Good neighbor inactive

Be a good neighbor - add a profile image and write a short biography.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Patron inactive

Become a patron of writers - follow over thirty of them.

Popular penman inactive

Get over ten favorites for your work to become a Popular Penner.

Power writer inactive

Keep going! Write over ten thousand words and you'll be a Power Writer.

Pro reviewer inactive

Submit over five reviews and get that Pro Reviewer feeling.

Prolific inactive

Publish over ten different pieces to be truly prolific!

Reviewer inactive

Just write and submit a review to become a reviewer. Get to it!

Super star inactive

Get your writing career glittering with more than thirty followers.

Supporter inactive

Get supportive. Follow over ten other writers and get a badge too.

Top critic inactive

Submit over fifteen reviews and you'll be a top critic.

1 Following

you need to gogh you need to gogh