Wordsarelikecolors

The Limerick

Professing, Knowing

Professing shows what we are knowing
and professing is what we are showing
although not always this
because some people diss
but we can make this a flowing

The Unknown

The Greatest Unknown

I do not know much about what lies in the next day. Every second, every minute, every moment is a shadowy affair. There is no telling what would lie ahead. Even now, typing these words there could be a death or a rebirth happening, but then, how would I know? How would I know what lies ahead, what lies in the unforeseeable future? It is hard to write about what you don't know because even you do not know what you do not know. I was watching a video this time a while back and the host was saying that the more we know about a particular subject, the more we are aware of we do not know. So here we are, speculating and conspiring what the future may hold us, and the more we think and plan and organize what our next days will be, the more we are aware of what could happen that we did not plan. I...

Walking

One, Shake

One, shake. Two, tremble. Three, quiver.
Each step grew more unsteady with each level of nerves that coursed through her veins. The unnatural feel of heels contributes very little to her shakiness when compared what she was about to face. This was not going to be easy. Her chest felt tight, her eyes brimming with tears as she stared with wide eyes into the room. She had not even noticed that she had stopped walking until she slumped against a nearby pillar. Tearing her eyes from what was before her, she focused on the walking people around her. Her vision was blurring, tears welling up past their natural dam as they started to roll down. Warm tears trail down her cheeks as the people before she became a blur. Masses of black men's shoes with sparkly women's heels were dotted in between it all. Her chest tightened again as she thought that these people did not have to bother with the...

Monster Flash Fiction Competition 2018

The Depths of the Mind

Some say that it's not all that bad, but others say its most crushing thing in the universe. It, the thing, the darkness that covers all, is terrifying. It never leaves your side; you may suppress it, yes, but it will always be behind you, clicking away behind your heels like the evils of demons. The dark, fast-growing limbs seep out of its deeps, climbing higher and higher until it envelopes your body in its horrid shadow. Panic races through your veins and all you want to do is scream and call out, begging and pleading for anyone, just anyone, to come by and shine a light through the darkness. No one turns, no one sees, the veil covering you from any reach of society. Your throat burns, eyes drowning in tears as you just will for the slightest amount of attention to drive it away--

But, it's gone. You can breathe. Heart shaking, rattling in your ribs as you try...

Monster Flash Fiction Competition 2018

The Depths of the Mind

But then it's gone. You can breathe. Heart shaking, rattling in your ribs as you...