RZar

Austria

I like writing. I'm also not very interesting.

Album Review Competition 2018

Saturation III: Merging Boybands and Hip-Hop

Hip-Hop is an ever-growing landscape. With both aspiring rappers and mainstream rappers releasing hours worth of music, it can be hard to stand out; "America's favourite boy-band," BrockHampton does just that. Founded in 2014 by Kevin Abstract, BrockHampton quickly gained recognition within the hip-hop genre for their outstanding production and provocative lyrics. BrockHampton actively rebels against the status quo. With 14 diverse members, they manage to make every track they release different and to express their personalities through lyrical genius and production. They flit from disco and funky vibes to smooth jazz and pop rap with ease. Each member makes use of their vocals as they fluctuate from smooth, distinctive flows to high pitched, hypnotic singing and even screaming at a point. Drawing influence from Kanye West, Odd Future and Tyler the Creator, BrockHampton has the ability to release a wide variety of unique music and their work in Saturation III proves just this.
     Throughout 2017,...

Album Review Competition 2018

Hip-Hop is an ever-growing landscape. With both aspiring rappers and mainstream rappers releasing hours worth of music, it can be hard to stand out; but "America's favourite boy-band," BrockHampton does just that. Founded in 2014 by Kevin Abstract, BrockHampton quickly gained recognition within the hip-hop genre for their outstanding production and provocative lyrics. BrockHampton actively rebels against the status quo. With 14 diverse members, they manage to make every track they release different and to express their personalities through lyrical genius and production. They flit from disco and funky vibes to smooth jazz and pop rap with ease. Each member makes use of their vocals as they fluctuate from smooth, distinctive flows to high pitched, hypnotic singing and even screaming at a point. Drawing influence from Kanye West, Odd Future and Tyler the Creator, BrockHampton has the ability to release a wide variety of unique music and their work in Saturation III proves just this.
     Throughout...