Little box man 6

~EmberlyLeviathan~

My name is M. L. Bartlett and I am new to the writing community. I may end up only writing short stories and poetry, but I will try to experiment more as I continue to write. I hope you enjoy reading my work :)

"And one day she discovered that she was fierce, and strong, and full of fire, and that not even she could hold herself back because her passion burned brighter than her fears."
- Mark Anthony

"No matter how you feel. Get up, dress up, show up, and never give up."
-Anyonomous

"She never seemed shattered; to me. she was a mosaic of the battles she's won."
-Anynonomous

Little box man 6
2

~EmberlyLeviathan~ (United States) published:

Static

PROMPT: In Motion

Dreams of electronic static haunt her dreams. They echo in her mind and she spends these moments in a chaos that hints at purpose. 
"Falling, finally falling," she whispers, her as the wind rushes past her ears to occupy her mind. Her eyes change, causing the dark green to fade and become opaque white. Her ginger hair rode the wind with wild abandon. Finally, she was free.
"Glade!" And she was back in her seat, feeling around for her braille...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

Little box man 6
3
1

Those Hardest to Love Need It Most

Her eyes met mine as she walked down the corridor peering apprehensively into the kennels. I felt her need instantaneously and I knew she was drawn me.
    I wagged my tail, not too exuberant, and stared at the lady. She looked like Sam, but younger. I still feel that she’s here even though she’s gone. My heart was so broken and I was attempting to move on. The love she gave me won’t fade with time. Until my last...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Little box man 6

~EmberlyLeviathan~ (United States) reviewed:

Snowy Magic

I feel like the title is really straightforward. Not that that's bad if that's what you are going for, but I would change it to something noncommittal but still getting the reader's attention like... "Winter's Eyes," or "Freedom in the...

Little box man 6
Reviewer

~EmberlyLeviathan~ (United States) earned a badge Reviewer

Little box man 6
Good neighbor

~EmberlyLeviathan~ (United States) earned a badge Good Neighbor

Little box man 6
2b7753a8 0fc9 42af b117 cfb3ddc0d28d

~EmberlyLeviathan~ (United States) started following LyraLynne (United States)

Little box man 6

~EmberlyLeviathan~ (United States) liked Snowy Magic by LyraLynne (United States)

Little box man 6
20170823 155252

~EmberlyLeviathan~ (United States) started following Kahasai (United States)

Little box man 6
Publisher

~EmberlyLeviathan~ (United States) earned a badge Publisher

Little box man 6
3
1

The Heartsmith

“Hearts! Hearts for sale!” She yelled out into the mass chaos of the market. A few glowing orbs of red light floated around her, just above her head, but never touched them; she didn’t dare ruin them. She stood pleasantly, maddeningly perfect, knees bowing just a little and posed with the remaining hearts in a basket balanced on her hip. Everything about her screamed red: her loose, wavy hair, the big bow in front of her white dress, her little...

Seeking Peer Reviews

In Motion

Static

"Glade!" And she was back in her seat, feeling around for her braille notebook, scrambling to come back to reality, all the while, the interference returning. The static was inevitable. So she gave up.

Those Hardest to Love Need It Most

I wagged my tail, not too exuberant, and stared at the lady. She looked like Sam, but younger. I still feel that she’s here even though she’s gone. My heart was so broken and I was attempting to move on. The love she gave me won’t fade with time. Until my last breath, her heart will live in mine. But not only do I share the same connection with the new lady, they had matching raven hair and soft, green eyes. But she smelt different, like the bacon and the sea. Not like the smells of the flashing car and blue uniform.
    I stepped toward her and she did the same. Only my movement was to block the mess I made at the back of the pen so the world wouldn't...

The Heartsmith

“Hearts! Hearts for sale!” She yelled out into the mass chaos of the market. A few glowing orbs of red light floated around her, just above her head, but never touched them; she didn’t dare ruin them. She stood pleasantly, maddeningly perfect, knees bowing just a little and posed with the remaining hearts in a basket balanced on her hip. Everything about her screamed red: her loose, wavy hair, the big bow in front of her white dress, her little polished shoes studded with rubies, and, of course, her merchandise.
    “I’ve got quite a few beauties for sale!” She shouted into the nothingness, a swarm of people, buzzing in and out of kiosks in hope of something shiny to catch their eye. It seemed as if she was shouting out into a dark cave waiting for anything, but received a blank echo as an empty response.
    A flurry of strangers passed her booth in a hurry and she...

~EmberlyLeviathan~'s 2 Likes

Nothing To Them by ~EmberlyLeviathan~

Published 13 days ago

Snowy Magic by LyraLynne

Published 13 days ago

4 Likes from Others

Static

Liked by 2 people

Nothing To Them

Liked by 3 people

The Heartsmith

Liked by 3 people

Good neighbor

We like your photo and your biography.

Earned 12 days ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned 13 days ago

Reviewer

You've reviewed!

Earned 12 days ago

Admirer inactive

Follow over twenty other writers to become an admirer!

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Competitor inactive

It's as easy as entering a competition to earn this badge.

Favoriter inactive

Get favoriting - read and favorite over ten pieces published by others to earn this badge.

Follower inactive

Follow over five other writers and you'll get a badge for your efforts.

Leader inactive

Become a leader of the pack when over five other writers start following you.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Patron inactive

Become a patron of writers - follow over thirty of them.

Popular penman inactive

Get over ten favorites for your work to become a Popular Penner.

Power writer inactive

Keep going! Write over ten thousand words and you'll be a Power Writer.

Pro reviewer inactive

Submit over five reviews and get that Pro Reviewer feeling.

Prolific inactive

Publish over ten different pieces to be truly prolific!

Self editor inactive

Publish at least two versions of the same piece to become a self-editor

Super star inactive

Get your writing career glittering with more than thirty followers.

Supporter inactive

Get supportive. Follow over ten other writers and get a badge too.

Top critic inactive

Submit over fifteen reviews and you'll be a top critic.

2 Following

Kahasai Kahasai
LyraLynne LyraLynne