LyraLynne

Was born in a small US town and has always loved reading and writing. Was inspired by JK Rowling to start writing. Was diagnosed with cancer in 2012 and went through chemotherapy in 2015. All is good now. Loves fall and winter and their holidays.

I follow everyone, no matter what. If you show up on my dashboard or in my notifications, I'll follow you and check out your profile if I haven't already. :)

Quotes to remember:
“The sky’s only the limit if you don’t believe you can make it to the stars.” -Me

"Everyone is an independent snowflake so get over it." -Me

"Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny." -C.S. Lewis

My writing blog is lyralynnewriting.weebly.com if you want to go check that out. :)

Peer Reviews

His Last Race

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

I loved this piece a lot, and I cannot wait to read more from you! If you need anything, let me know!

12 months

Reaper, Reap Her

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

Your writing is fantastic, and I can't wait to read more from you. Keep on going, you're doing amazing!

about 1 year

Invisible relationship

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

I can't wait to read more from you, you are such a talented writer. Keep up the good work.

about 1 year

The Forest Scholar

PROMPT: Poetry and Spoken Word Competition 2019

This poem feels almost like an old-timey bard song. I feel like you'd expect to hear it in a King Arthur story being told/sung by a short guy with a weird hat and a string instrument. So basically, I loved it. You are a great writer, and I look forward to what you write in the future.

about 1 year

We Lived Again

PROMPT: Love in Words

This is such a great piece of writing. It's a sad story, but it's one that makes you think. I loved it a lot and you did such a great job with it.

about 1 year

My own Person

This is one of my favorite poems that I've read on here. You are a phenomenal writer. Outstanding job with this piece! I can't wait to read more from you! :)

about 1 year

The Only Two People On Earth

You are such a good writer! I love this piece so incredibly much! I'd really love to read more of this story if you want to write more. :) Great job and keep on keeping on!

about 1 year

The Lonely Pyromaniac

You are an insanely good writer. I'm a little obsessed with this storyline. This is such an amazing short story; I wish I could write short stories as well as this. You are super talented, and I wish you well in your endeavors, and I can't wait to read more from you!

about 1 year

Nasty

PROMPT: Plastic Ekphrastic

This is an incredibly good piece, and I love your take on the piece. You have a strong vocabulary, and some of your phrases are magical. The only thing I would suggest is to be a little more specific and clear about what you are saying in the last stanza. I am a little confused, and other readers probably are too. You are a good, strong writer, and I can't wait to read more from.

about 1 year

fall fall falling #Lovegood_24'sContest

I really loved this poem. I think you're an amazing writer and I can't wait to read more from you! :)

about 1 year

The Book Thief: Words that display just how powerful words themselves truly are

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2019

I love this book so much, and this review does such an amazing job of describing it in a convincing way. I look forward to reading future pieces from you, and I hope you take my words to heart, you really are an amazing writer! Also, have you read Marcus Zusak's new book, Bridge of Clay, because I just got it and I am so excited to start it!

over 1 year

The right balloon-A Mary Poppins returns review

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2019

over 1 year

The Da Vinci Code- Nothing is what it seems to be

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2019

Golly, I think this is awesome. I will definitely have to watch the movie now. Also, here's the really important question: have you read the book? Because there are so many things in the book that they just can't fit into a movie but all of those details matter. It's insane how genius Dan Brown is, and I'm optimistic about the movie, especially with Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon :). Anyway, great job, I can't wait to see more from you!

over 1 year

River on Fire ~ pt. one

I loved it! Please continue to write such amazing stuff and I'd love to read more from this story and your other stuff too!

over 1 year

War

Songs are poetry put together with music. The lyrical feel of this piece and your structuring give it that musical feel. This is such a wonderful start to what could be an incredible song. I'd love to hear this put to music someday if you decide to do that. I also really love the simplicity and power of the title. Just the one word gives you so many preconceived notions about what the song will entail but then the lyrics exceed all of them. Fantastic job! :)

over 1 year

Manchester By The Sea: Kenneth Lonergan's Oscar Nominee

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2019

This is an awesome start. In future drafts, I would recommend using more I guess fluttery language. Fluffy stuff. Incredibly descriptive adjectives and literary devices to make your story read less like an argumentative essay and more like a conversation-like recommendation. Maybe try writing it like you would in an attempt to convince your best friend to watch the movie. What would you say if they were adamant against it? Anyway, this is a great start and I think you can make this piece incredible. One more thing I think you could add (a small detail) is the Rotten Tomatoes percentage. So many people I know base their movie choices on what that website rates the movies as. It shouldn't take up too much space, you can probably fit it in your first paragraph along with the other "zinger" facts. Nevertheless, you definitely have an eye for good movies! Keep up the amazing work!

over 1 year

Skipping Stones

PROMPT: Why I Write

This is so deep and thought-provoking. I love the intrigue and sense of urgency in the wording. Sorry, this is so late, but your pieces are all spectacular! Beautifully worded and impressively written!

over 1 year

Trains

I really like the fact that you didn't mention the context behind this until the end. It gave me a reason to read it again to catch all the little references and snippets in it to your personal experiences. In my own life, I've dealt with this same kind of thing. I have two sisters, one older and one younger. My older sister has anxiety and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome when she was younger. She and I don't get along, and her very particular, narrow-minded, focused reality often makes us but heads and criss-cross our roads. My younger sister has Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder and is more clearly on the spectrum. It's hard to communicate with her as she tends to live in her own little world and she's not great at talking with others, but she's actually easier to get along with. Here, when you mention all of these little things that I notice in my own siblings, I can match it to my life and it helps me to understand them better. I have to thank you for this piece. Thank you for having the courage to write down these incredibly personal things for your peers to read. I understand how hard that is to write, and how much harder it is to share. It's official. You are my favorite writer on this site. Amazing job!

over 1 year

#cwcbucketprompt

You are honestly one of my favorite writers on this site. You know how to manipulate outside knowledge and interesting topics in your writing that just get you thinking. Please excuse the lack of highlights, I just figured that with such short a piece I could write everything I wanted to say in the comment section without highlighting the whole piece. I know that's confusing to me so I don't want to make it harder for you :). Anyway, love the piece, keep writing please so I can keep reading!

over 1 year

#LifeLemonsPrompt

You are honestly an unbelievable writer. Your voice, your use of literary devices and your sarcastic humor make your writing so much fun to read. I am so lucky to be your reviewing partner this month for the Corner Writing Club :) Keep up the amazing work!

over 1 year

#paperbirdcontest

This is a great start to an interesting story line! I'm excited to read more.

over 1 year

Draw a Star

This is an amazing piece. It brings joy and feelings of, "OMG ME TOO!" in every word. My only advice is to align in more with the song in the beginning to make a bigger impact in the end but that's it. I adore this so much. Good job!

over 1 year

Split Ends

PROMPT: Personal Narrative Competition 2018

This is an actually interesting and relatable piece that's about a significant choice in your life. While the main fact is, that it's about getting a hair cut, you made it known how big of a decision that is for you. That's what gave your story the "it" factor that makes readers want to read it. You're an incredibly clever writer, and I can't wait to read more from you.

almost 2 years

the FATE of the world

PROMPT: Science Fiction Competition 2018

This was really great, and I really love your writing! It might be too late to change it for the competition, but hopefully this is still helpful for the future! I'm sorry if some of it came across as rude, I really did love it!

about 2 years

Can't Fix What's Broken

Super interesting read and besides just a few things, it was great! I think your title works well, and is perfect for the story arc you've gone with. Good job!

about 2 years

Snow Clouds

PROMPT: The Limerick

It was great! The only thing I'd say though, is that you might want to work on syllables. The poem is a little clunky and can come off as slow-moving. Overall, wonderful!

about 2 years

Map

PROMPT: Poetry and Spoken Word Competition 2018

Great piece!

over 2 years

A Wheel's Turn

It's just masterful and witty and fun to read. One of the best poems I have ever read, and I will probably read it again and again. Thank you for writing such a spectacular piece.

over 2 years

Hashtags

PROMPT: Acrostic Verse

Very relatable, thought-provoking piece that makes you wonder what kind of world we really live in. Beautifully written.

over 2 years

Glittering

PROMPT: Monster Flash Fiction Competition 2018

So wonderful! One of my favorites for this competition.

over 2 years

We're all Monsters Here

It was wonderful. Can't wait to read more from you. :)

over 2 years

You Can Make It Through Anything, No Matter What

It was incredibly good! I loved it!

over 2 years

The Untold Tale

Amazing story. I love it. :)

over 2 years

Highway, Human, and Me

PROMPT: Environmental Writing Competition 2018

It was really really good! Such a great piece!

over 2 years

A New Environmental Story

I just love everything about it. The way the sentences flow and just sound super pretty when read aloud, and each sentence makes its own impact. :) Wonderful.

over 2 years

In an insane head (1)

Besides some grammatical issues, it's really good! I'd love to read more!

over 2 years

House

Thank you for putting to words my exact feelings. Incredibly well written.

over 2 years

Breaking Away, Chapter 1

It's reaaaally reaaaally good and I reaaaaally want to know what happens next! You're an inredible writer!

over 2 years

Regrets

This is incredibly good! I could visualize it perfectly, and it made me feel strong emotions for Hamilton, Eliza, and even Burr. Great job!

over 2 years

Sleepwalking Chaos, Chapter 1. The Chaos Begins.

I liked it a lot, even though I can't quite imagine Luna in this way. It's your story, and it's really well-written. It's hard to write good fanfiction. Great job!

over 2 years

Bad Days and Good Dreams or An Unconventional Review of Halsey's Room 93

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2018

This is very descriptive and well written. Well done!

over 2 years

Lonely Together

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2018

It was really amazing and I love the title. Good luck in the competition!

over 2 years

Horse Soldier! Horse Soldier!

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2018

This is a really really good review! Good luck with the competition!

over 2 years

Hospice

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2018

You're so good at writing! I can't wait to read more from you! Good luck in the competition!

over 2 years

Intertwined - EP

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2018

You are really good at writing! I wish you best of luck in the competition!

over 2 years

Adele's 21

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2018

This is an incredible piece and is very heart-felt. You are such a good writer, so good luck with the competition!

over 2 years

Sleep

This is a really really great piece and I, along with the narrator, am feeling the sense of drowsiness building up until they finally fall asleep. It's so so good!

over 2 years

Journal of a (_____): Chapter Two

It's really good, although a little confusing at times, and it really makes me want to read more. Great!

over 2 years

Future

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

It's really really good, and definitely a different way of writing than the prompt leads you to think. I would love to read more of your writing, you're really good!

over 2 years

you left me and it hurts

PROMPT: WILD

This is so beautiful and a really unique look on the prompt. It was simply spectacular and I'd read it over and over again and get something new each time. I can't wait to read more of your writing.

over 2 years

Truth or Dare

It was a very, very good story. I loved it.

over 2 years

Grey

PROMPT: WILD

This piece is so wonderful. It is a very relatable, thought-provoking piece that makes you want to read more. Fabulous!

over 2 years

Magic Wars: Chapter One

This is a really good piece, it could just use a few touch ups here in there with word choice and flow. It's a great idea, and I can't wait to read more!

over 2 years

In An Instance

PROMPT: Flash Autobiography

I loved the piece. It really made me think about life in a different way, and is a really cool way to talk about your own life. I would love to read more from you, you're such a good writer!

over 2 years

The Elephant

I really really like this piece. I think it’s beautifully written and gives a unique perspective on life itself.

over 2 years