18aee726 4e22 40e9 8d8b 8ffed1086c67

LyraLynne

Was born in a small US town and has always loved reading and writing. Was inspired by JK Rowling to start writing. Was diagnosed with cancer in 2012 and went through chemotherapy in 2015. All is good now. Loves fall and winter and their holidays.

I follow everyone, no matter what. If you show up on my dashboard or in my notifications, I'll follow you and check out your profile if I haven't already. :)

Quotes to remember:
“The sky’s only the limit if you don’t believe you can make it to the stars.” -Me

"Everyone is an independent snowflake so get over it." -Me

"Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny." -C.S. Lewis

18aee726 4e22 40e9 8d8b 8ffed1086c67
Drawn planet 17

LyraLynne (United States) started following Plausible.Poems (United States)

about 10 hours ago

18aee726 4e22 40e9 8d8b 8ffed1086c67
Default avatar user icon

LyraLynne (United States) started following Quinten Mulder (United States)

18aee726 4e22 40e9 8d8b 8ffed1086c67

LyraLynne (United States) liked 17+ by Quinten Mulder (United States)

18aee726 4e22 40e9 8d8b 8ffed1086c67
Harharhar3

LyraLynne (United States) started following Kira G. (United States)

18aee726 4e22 40e9 8d8b 8ffed1086c67

LyraLynne (United States) liked The Outside by Kira G. (United States)

18aee726 4e22 40e9 8d8b 8ffed1086c67
I ll give you two refined for that blighted beak  a527cecf60dba9e96a19e91be798c32a

LyraLynne (United States) started following Lemonwire (United States)

18aee726 4e22 40e9 8d8b 8ffed1086c67

LyraLynne (United States) liked Grip Of The Unknown by Lemonwire (United States)

18aee726 4e22 40e9 8d8b 8ffed1086c67
Default avatar user icon

LyraLynne (United States) started following renee.bbn (United States)

18aee726 4e22 40e9 8d8b 8ffed1086c67

LyraLynne (United States) liked Shadows by renee.bbn (United States)

18aee726 4e22 40e9 8d8b 8ffed1086c67

LyraLynne (United States) liked Chenquin by Kahasai (United States)

To be the President—Writing Prompts Day 19

If you could trade lives with someone for a week, who would it be? Why?

If I could trade lives with anyone in the world for a week, it would be Donald Trump. Don't get me wrong, I hate the guy. It's not his life I'd want to experience. It's being the president. It seems like so much responsibility, and I feel like in order for me to start being remotely okay with some of the things he's done in office, I need to get a feel for what it's like there. Is the pressure terrible that he ends up just making the wrong decisions? Or is it just that he's an awful person that only looks out for himself? I know that he's a misogynistic, racist douchebag, but I feel like I need to give him the benefit of the doubt. It'd give me the opportunity to put myself in his shoes.

Oh goodness, what would I do as...

Monster Flash Fiction Competition

The Monster in Me

We all have our fears. For me, spelling Bees are a nightmare. Standing up in front of people to show how “smart” you are, and if you get something wrong, you’re a laughing stock. I hate it. Introverts don’t do “public speaking.”
    “Pandora, your word is fat.”
    “Look, he’s talking about you.”
    “Fat. F-A-T fat.”
    “That’s correct.” As I made my way back to my seat, I could see a flicker of movement. No, I thought desperately, This is the worst thing that could happen to me right now. Suddenly, standing in front of me was Phobos, a short, red demon.
    Please, go away.
    “No can do. You rang, I came.”  I tried really hard to pay attention to the competition but he kept talking in my head, distracting me. The thing about monsters is that they can only be seen by other monsters. Like me.
Round three of the competition is where I always...

The Good of Humanity—Writing Prompts Day 18

You spend a week on a train that travels at the speed of light. When you disembark, it is one hundred years into the future. Describe what you see.

I stepped off the train, my legs a bit shaky. It was blinding out, as my eyes were used to the dim light of the train, so I had to stand there blinking until I could see. Gasps of disbelief were audible all around as I finally made the adjustment. My voice joined in with all the others. It looked exactly the same. At first, anyway. There were subtle differences, for example, the street before us was made of solar panels with LEDs and heaters, and there were more trees about than I remembered. Looking to the sky, the sun was barely visible behind a giant puffy cloud, however, the rest of the sky was bright blue. On my left and right, there were people about, walking mostly, not using cars...

Why I Write

Stories of All

Writing to me, is not creation. I do not come up with the stories I'm telling. I only listen to the stories that are out there and put them on the paper. I feel the thoughts and emotions of stories that need to be told. I tap into other worlds that are dying to connect with ours. Writing is not a singular effort. You are not developing a completely original character. All characters, all worlds are melting pots of other things. A novel written by a millennial could be inspired by Harry Potter, and therefore include many similarities to that. The Percy Jackson books or even all books by Rick Riordan are just telling the same stories in the same way with slightly different characters. If you've ever read The Odyssey, you can clearly find the similarities between Odysseus and Annabeth Chase. I write because there are stories that need to be told but not everyone has the willpower/ability to...

Eyes of Stars—Writing Prompts Day 17

Write a paragraph starting with this sentence, without mentioning the sky or water, "as blue as ___."

As blue as the stars were his eyes. Light, light grey with just enough royal blue around the edges to make it noticeable. I should know. I spent many an evening staring into those eyes. Now, every time I look at the stars I remember breezy summer nights on a hilltop watching the constellations reflect in those eyes, creating a supernatural-like glow. It's been two years since he left me to the cold, dark, unknown of death. I miss him more with each passing day. But the one thing that keeps me going, is that like the stars are always there, so will he be, watching over me from his own place in the heavens. My guardian angel with eyes as blue as the stars.

15...—Writing Prompts Day 16

Rant for 10 minutes, starting with, "What suck is..." 

What sucks is how when you're 15 you can't do anything. Sure, you can start drivers' training and get a permit, and there's a few job opportunities available, but there's not much else.

For one, you can drive, but you have to have a parent in the car, and that's only if you passed the class. Also, many jobs don't hire until 16, and/or don't even consider hiring anyone under that. There's even some jobs that don't hire until 18! 

Another thing, everyone treats you like you're younger than you are. Sure, you're likely in 9th grade, the babies of the high school, but no one in high school is innocent. People smoke in bathrooms, and you hear the gossip of who's pregnant now, or who had sex with who. Teachers try to shelter freshmen from that but they can't. It's impossible. 

Don't even get me started on relationships. Dating up...

Love in 13 Words

My Heart ❤️

The blank page with an unwritten invitation, waiting to tell me a story.

Monster Flash Fiction Competition

The Monster in Me

Spelling Bees are a nightmare. Standing up in front of people to show how “smart” you are, and if you get something wrong, you’re a laughing stock. I hate it. Introverts don’t do “public speaking.”
    “Pandora, your word is: fat.”
    “Look, he’s talking about you.”
    “Fat. F-A-T fat.”
    Please, go away.
Round three of the competition is where I always get the most nervous. Phobos’s pestering increased with my anxiety....

Pacific Journey—Writing Prompts Day 15

A woman walks into the ocean in a red ball gown.

The vibrant tulle fabric billowed in the strong breeze as she breathed in the salty air. Her chocolate brown, mid-length hair flapped about getting in the way of her sea-green eyes. The scarlet gown rippled in the wind as she moved closer to the edge. She closed her eyes and her bare feet stepped up to the lapping waves and the bottom of her dress grew dark with water. Taking one last deep breath, she continued her journey all the way beneath the Pacific surface.

Soft Hands—Writing Prompts Day 14

Write about what it would feel like to get beaten up without describing the physical pain.

I couldn't see anything. Pink and Purple blurs barricaded my view. I could only sense the punches flying toward me and lie there limp as they took advantage of my weakness. Even time their fists connected with my body, I let out a grunt, but held back the tears, because that's what they wanted. They wanted me to break. So there I sat, taking it all, just waiting for the end. All of a sudden, it ended. They were gone. I tried to move, but a hand pushed me back down. In the distance, I heard a voice, but couldn't make out what it was saying. Everything started to go black. The last thing I remembered was the feeling of soft hands lifting me off the ground and walking away.

Sincerely, Earth—Writing Prompts Day 13

Write what you'd send to a newly discovered extraterrestrial population-the first ever communication with them-to describe earth and the human population. 

Greetings, other-worldly beings. We are the humans from the planet Earth. See the attached video for the full information. If, by chance, you are not progressed enough (or more progressed) then see the description below.

Earth is the third planet from our sun, a yellow dwarf star in the Milky-Way galaxy. It is a small, blue planet on which we have adapted to living. It is a very biodiverse planet, with an estimated 8.7 million species, though there's inevitably more. We are but one species, homo sapiens, and we are one of the most advanced. We have several different languages, types of writing, and tons of different cultures. We have developed many tools, ranging from a simple hammer all the way up to the spacecraft this message is on.
    In total there are about 7 billion of us (though...

Environmental Writing Competition

Our Past, Our Future, and Us.

We have a problem, nay, many problems. Our biggest one, however, happens to be the one that affects everything living and non-living on our Earth. As a species, we tend to forget that we are not alone on this planet. We go about living our lives, eating fast-food, wondering what’s happening with some celebrity, and just focusing on what’s right in front of us. That’s the problem. We’ve gotten so attached to our own lives, that we can’t see the world around us. Everything we need to live comes from the environment. We eat plants that grow on our Earth, and our meat comes from animals that eat those plants too. If we don’t step up and start reversing some of the damage we’ve done, then some things might not be the same for future generations. Even now, in my home state of Michigan, there has been less and less snow over the years. I remember when I was younger,...

Fateful Day—Writing Prompts Day 12

You're standing in your living room with a gun in your hand. A man is lying dead on the floor. What happened?

The only movement in the room came from my trembling lip. Silently I pleaded and pleaded with God to give me some kind of escape, of hope. None came. I stood in shock and felt extreme disgust toward the item in my hands. Quickly, some came and snatched it away. Why they made me do this I would never understand. All I knew was that my future was in the hands of a couple of psychopaths. The very ones who just made me shoot my best friend in order to save the life of twenty other people. I'd relive that day for the rest of my life, throughout everything they made me do after. That was the day that started it all.

Environmental Writing Competition

Our Past, Our Future, and Us.

We have a problem, nay, many problems. Our biggest one however, happens to be the one that affects everything living and non-living on our Earth. As a species, we tend to forget that we are not alone on this planet. We go about living our lives, eating fast-food, wondering what’s happening with some celebrity, and just focusing on what’s right in front of us. That’s the problem. We’ve gotten so attached to our own lives, that we can’t see the world around us. Everything we need to live comes from the environment. We eat plants that grow on our Earth, and our meat comes from animals that eat those plants too. If we don’t step up and start reversing some of the damage we’ve done, then some things might not be the same for future generations. Even now, in my home state of Michigan, there has been less and less snow over the years. I remember when I was younger,...

Error—Writing Prompts Day 11

This is the error message your laptop displays after you visited a website about government secrets.

ERROR

You never saw this. Complete laptop reset in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

5 Character Names—Writing Prompts Day 10

Write a list of the streets in your neighborhood. Use those to create five character names.

Bluewater Lane
Watercrest Court
Eastlake
Gable
Lee Street
Dixie
27th Street
Homewood
  1. Blue
  2. Gabriel
  3. Lee
  4. Dixie
  5. Mason

War or Indoor Plumbing?—Writing Prompts Day 9

Briefly, but convincingly, explain why world peace is better than indoor plumbing.

Because then you don't have to worry about being kidnapped or murdered, so going to an outhouse is 80% less terrifying. Also, there'd be no war or hate between countries. 

Your Voice: Olympic Dreams

Olympic Equality

Equality is one of the most important things in our world. Equality for all genders, races, ethnicities, religions, and health ranges. There are people in the world that would love to be able to participate in events like the Olympics, but can't. I know the feeling of uselessness. Like you can't do anything you want to do because your health is pulling you back. Things like the Para-Olympic Games give those people hope, purpose. 

I think that the Para-Olympic Games should be aired at the same time as the Olympics, but they shouldn't be combined. Most people just watch the regular Olympics and don't bother watching the Para-Olympics, and some don't even know it exists! Airing them at the same time would A: let people know that there is a thing called the Para-Olympics, and B: get more people to watch it.

Although, I do not agree with the idea of combining the two. Having Para-Olympic...

Last Words—Writing Prompts Day 8

These are the last words you'll ever write.

This world cannot be saved by a few officials in the government fighting for change. It cannot be saved by different organizations who can't get the government to do the right thing. The only way the world can be saved is by us. Stop using so much plastic, use about 99% less glitter (glitter doesn't break down and stays around forever in the stomachs of fish), try to waste (or eat) less food that could be going to others, buy things that are good to the environment and haven't been made by taking advantage of the earth, try to walk or bike if you don't have to drive, and finally, write to your government, talk to people, spread the word. The only way we can make a difference is by starting to change our ways and getting other people to as well.

Snowflakes for Equality—Writing Prompts Day 7

If you could solve one world problem, what would it be and why?

Oh, my, goodness. What to choose?! There are so many problems that I don't even know what to write about. Top three choices: the NOT equal stereotypes of the world right now, CLIMATE CHANGE, or feminism. Eeny meeny miny moe... I'll go with non-equality. Here goes.

I would solve all of the "standards" that the world has right now. In order to be successful (at least in America) you need to be a sexist, straight, white man that only cares about money, power, and fame (*cough* Trump *cough*). So many people don't get the same opportunities or consideration as others.

Muslims are viewed as terrorists. Hitler was Christian... Does that make all Christians terrorists?
LGBTQ+ people are viewed as sinners. God loves everyone, and it's not like you haven't sinned.
Womenare viewed as sex tools. We've moved on from weak mothers to pleasure givers. All women...

Year End, Summer Start—Writing Prompts Day 6

Over the course of the school year, a sixth-grade teacher intercepted dozens of notes being passed between students. He keeps them in a drawer. On the last day of school, he decides to read some of them. What do they say? 

Thomas Lawrence had been teaching 6th graders for about three years now, and he thought he had them all figured out. They were just tweens pretending to be teenagers from their ideas of what a teen is like. So, every time he intercepted a note passed in class (there weren't that many now that everyone had cell phones and other electronics), he kept it. He didn't read it out loud at the time, that seemed too nice. Instead, he kept them all until the end of the year when he would choose some of his favorites, and watch and see the kids' reactions. 
    It was the last day of school, and the students were boisterous, as...

Discussions in Life: Big Macs

A little background: in my high school, we have an extra hour in the day on Wednesday for a Seminar class, which is just time to ask your teachers about schoolwork, or just get stuff done (I usually write), and my seminar teacher is a very... eccentric guy. This is the discussion we had in Seminar today.

Mr. Kleinheksel: You guys know what a Big Mac looks like, right? From McDonald's?

Us: Yeah...

Mr. Kleinheksel: Do you know where the extra bun in the middle comes from?

Someone: What?

Mr. Kleinheksel: Yeah! There's an extra bun in the middle. Do you know where that comes from?

Us: No.

Mr. Kleinheksel: They take an extra tall bun, and cut it into three parts *fwack* *fwack* *fwack* And there are three parts.

Someone else: Okay then.

Mr. Kleinheksel: It's so weird. I'm waiting to see what happens to it. Do you think it'll mold? It's a little stiff, it's been sitting here...

A big Christian Mix-Up—Writing Prompts Day 5

Write a dramatic scene that takes place in a church.

Amalia sniffed and wiped at the tears that started falling down her face as she tried not to stare at the box on the altar. It was all she got. All she had left was that box and a flag. He took all of his belongings across the sea with him. She softly rested her hand on the empty coffin and closed her eyes, trying to recall old memories, but none rose to the surface. The priest waved for everyone to be seated, and she wiped her eyes in order to find her way to her seat.
    "I'd like to thank everyone for coming today to remember the life of a hero. Peter Nowak was a beloved son, friend, brother," he looked at Amalia at that last word before continuing, "and he will be sorely missed until such time as we join him in paradise. I now invite...

RANT (Inspired by Kaitlyn :) )

Okay, this is a rant about American politics, so if you don't want to read it, by all means, don't.

So I am a white, heterosexual American female who is not yet old enough to vote but that doesn't mean that I can't voice my opinions. First of all, I have no problems with any race, sexual orientation, gender, or personality, but it just irks me to no end when people think they are better than others because they are one way. Even people who supposedly have "privileges have it hard too. We too have to deal with the stereotypes of those who hate everyone else. One white person hates of someone else who is different and suddenly that becomes all white people. Don't get me wrong, I despiseit when people get all hoity-toity. People who are of different races and sexualities are stereotyped too and that's what our world has come to. Just one big ball covered with hate...

The Life and Times of Broken Things—Writing Prompts Day 4

Write a brief obituary for an inanimate object near you.

Yesterday, January 28, 2018, a violet post-it note was declared dead at one-month-old after having been missing for several weeks. It began its short-lived life in a factory and, having been paired together with a bunch of its kind, it was sent off to begin its career. It did its job well, having the words, "Don't forget to..." written on it in pen. However, before the sentence could be finished, the note disappeared. Never to be seen again. It will be missed by those who knew it, but it's in a better place now.

Ode to Innocence—Writing Prompts Day 3

You are a cowboy poet. Pen an ode to your hat.

Of leather and cloth,
So you are made,
As if like a beacon,
Showing me the way.

Of bull-rides and gun fights,
So you have endured,
As if like a rock,
Always by my side.

Of old girls and new
So you have helped,
As if like my wingman
Who just wants me to be happy.

Of raindrops and large fires,
So you are weathered,
As if like a tree
That's still there to this day.

Of summer days and winter nights
So you have gone
As if like the hope from the good old days,
Throwing away the young naïvete.

I will never forget my first, favorite hat.

Starry Hill—Writing Prompts Day 2

Write about the act of kissing someone without naming a body part.

I looked at him in adoration. There was no one else in the world but us two. Sitting on a hillside in front of the sunset. He leaned forward, and when we touched I saw stars. It was wet, and a little messy, but all of that was ignored. I only thought about him, and me. It was elegant, passionate, made my heart ache with love. Then, it was all over. It felt like an eternity that lasted a second. It was my favorite memory of him.

Solastalgia

What Climate Change has Done to me.

When I was young, winter was a magical place. Freezing cold, but that was the best part.
Now, it is January 26th, and it is 51 degrees Fahrenheit, with a completely blue, clear sky. 

When I was young, I could go out on any day, and play in the thick snow for hours.
Now, there's tiny patches of dirt-ridden snow on the edge of the street and no snow coming.

We used to have snow days every week or two, and we'd get the day off to sleep in and play in the snow.
This year, we haven't had a single one.

I used to love making fun of my father for his complete hatred of snow, calling it frozen crystallized precipitation.
Now, there is no snow or ice for him to get mad at.

I used to bundle up and pretend I was a dog-sled racer, running around the yard, lost in my dream.
I haven't played outside in...

Cycles—Writing Prompts Day 1

WWrite your own myth to describe what happens to people when they die.

Once upon a time, there was a... unique man. He was obsessed with death. It was his goal to find out what happened when people died. So, he went to the village sorcerer and asked him to cast a spell on him, to make sure that he could still see, hear, feel, smell, and think when he died. The sorcerer, a little confused, did as he asked. So the man went home, and later that night, killed himself in his kitchen. These are some of his thoughts.

Did it work? Am I dead?
Well, I can't move so that's a good sign.
Hey look, there's my wife.
Oh, now she sees me. 
Don't scream...

Well, I guess the spell worked.

Hey, where are you taking me? 
Put my body down!
What are you-
What is this?
I smell dirt.
What are you doing to me?
WAIT...

Cycles—Writing Prompts Day 1

Write your own myth to describe what happens to people when they die.

Did it work? Am I dead?
Hey look, there's my wife.
Oh, now she sees me. 
Don't scream...

Well, I guess the spell worked.

Hey, where are you taking me? 
Put my body down!
What are you-
What is this?
I smell dirt.
What are you doing to me?
WAIT...

30 Day Writing Prompts challenge

I got the idea from Lackingasociallife (thanks!) So now hopefully I can pull this off! You guys can steal this if you want but these prompts are out of a prompt book that I have: 712 More Things to Write About. (I have so many writing prompts books but I never do any of them, so if you need prompts, ask me and I have over 800 of them for you to choose from).

1. Write your own myth to describe what happens to people when they die.
2. Write about the act of kissing someone without naming a body part.
3. You are a cowboy poet. Pen an ode to your hat.
4. Write a brief obituary for an inanimate object near you.
5. Write a dramatic scene that takes place in a church.
6. Over the course of the school year, a sixth-grade teacher intercepted dozens of notes being passed between students. He keeps them in a drawer. On...

S.O.S.

To the powerful,
We are nightmares.
They make their laws,
And fight their wars,
And they say that
We voted for this.
We should be happy
With what they've given us.

As "common people,"
We get no say in it.
In truth, we are
Just like slaves. 
The over-privileged,
The rich and "mighty"
Look down on us
Like we are the dirt
On which to build an Empire.
When actually,
The empire is built by us.
We are the glue,
The mortar between the brick,
The nuts and bolts
Holding reality together.

United, we outnumber
The wealthy bastard haters,
And we can show that
The true light,
The true hope,
The true foundation
Of an empire
Is the people.
We the people
Must unite and stand
For equality.
We the poor
Must fight together
For justice.
We the downtrodden, 
Weary,
Hungry,
Pained.

The last glimmer
Of hope fades
From our dusty eyes,
Clouded with 
The promises of
False Happiness.
How can...

To Shame the World

How do you see hate from the love?
You see not the gain but the war. 
You see not the enchantment but the pain
You see not the wonder but the disgust.
How do you feel scorn at the scarred. 

How does our world get so mean?
We go to the light yet wallow in darkness. 
We reach toward the stars yet stop at the sky. 
We come together as one, only to fall apart. 
How can we be so alone around so many others?

How can we face the challenges that we are given?
There’s no hope no happiness
There’s no wonder no wistfulness
There’s no stability no success. 
How can we move ahead when we’re only told to fall behind?

How can the world change its ways?
They tell us to follow their rules. 
They tell us to subject to their standards. 
They tell us to follow wherever they lead. 
How can independence survive?

How is America still...

ATTENTION PEOPLE WHO'VE READ THE START OF B·R·O·K·EN

I'm taking a break from writing it for a little while because I have TERRIBLE writer's block and just need to step away for a bit. I am, however, returning to a previous book that I had started that is the inspiration for writing prompt number 7 on my Incredibly Specific Writing Prompts Based on Book Ideas I've Had piece. So, I'd really appreciate some feedback, and ways to get over writer's block. Thanks!

Birdsong

Little Sparrow

Flick.
Flick.
Flap flap flap.
Hoooooooo

The little sparrow's
Dainty flight
Across the 
Sunrise-lit horizon.

Fliiirrrrrrrp!
Fliiirrrrrrrp!
Brrrip!
Brrrip!

She sings a song
Of clear-sky days
And starlit nights
Beginning the time of sun.

Shew.
Shew.
Klllussst.
Kllussst.

She settles down
In her cozy home
The nest of a 
Perfect size.

Morning has come.

The Walk

A bouncy, brittle, breaking bridge
Is hard to walk along.
There are safe, sturdy, stable spots
But not all of it is strong.

The vast, varying, violet view
Is reflected on the sea.
Happy, hopeful, healed and humbled
Are what you seem to be.

The whistling, wailing, wily wind
Breaks down the happy place.
Your terrible, taunting, torturous tears
Start falling down your face.

You try to push past the painful problems
That are holding you back,
But the monstrous, malevolent, melancholy memories
Return and attack.

La maison de mes rêves

The house by the sea
On the winding hills,
All alone, yet free.

Fields of heather,
Found around,
Floating like a feather.

Small children sing,
And run and leap,
And in my ears, their laughter rings.

As I watch from afar,
The boats on the sea
Are scattered about like stars.

I smile a bit,
As I take in the scents
That the meadow emits.

I can taste the joy,
As a dog runs about,
Chasing his boy.

The purple fronds sway
In the gentle breeze,
And carry the children away.

They create a place
They call their own,
Full of satin and lace.

Their minds so strong,
They scamper about
As if they’re a song.

My, how I wish I could think away my problems,
And live in my own paradise.

Discussions in Life: Photosynthesis and Reproduction

It was 6th hour Biology with Mr. Randall on a regular Thursday, but it was moving by incredibly slowly. We were going over our homework on the carbon cycle when a very interesting conversation occurred.

Mr. Randall: Okay, so number three- how do photosynthesis and respiration move energy through an ecosystem?  John Lawrence.

John: Umm, plants take in carbon dioxide from the atmosphere to make food and when animals eat them, they release carbon into the atmosphere.

Mr. Randall: Okay, so yesterday we made models of the carbon cycle, right? Most of yours were incomplete. Let me show you. Draws a smiling flower, CO2 going to the flower, and O2 coming out. So this is what most of you had. But what am I missing? John?

John: Uhh, carbon?

Mr. Randall: No, I've got that. It was in your answer.

John: Uhh, the atmosphere?

Mr. Randall: Just read your entire answer. 

John: plants take in carbon dioxide from the atmosphere to...

In Motion

Space-Time

In space, there is no sound. The waves cannot travel through its vacuum. Light does, however, though at that moment I wished it didn't. Less than a moment, lasting an eternity. My mind filled in the silence with a puff of air, though down there it would have been filled with 7 billion screams that were instantly silenced.

Even floating about with no gravity, I was rigid, not noticing my mouth was open until I caught the sight of the droplets of my saliva on the edge of my vision. Or maybe they were tears. I wouldn't have known. In the seconds following it, I replayed that image over and over and over again in my head until I had memorized each and every minor detail. This is what it was like in my head:

It was a clear night over the continent of Australia. I could see all the way around the coast which was a rare...

Album Review Competition 2018

The Music of Humanity

It took me a long time to find music that I enjoyed. I’d listen to some modern pop here and there, but I just couldn’t get into it. All that changed thanks to my eighth grade teacher. He was the one who introduced me to Hamilton. He showed us the cast’s performance of one of the songs at the 70th annual Tony Awards, and I went home and listened to the whole album. It was unlike everything I’d ever heard. The music was peppy, fun, inspirational, and the best part was—it was all historical. Not only did it get me to listen to music more, it got me to appreciate history. It inspired me to think about myself and my actions a little more, and to pay attention to the world around me.
    Lin-Manuel Miranda, a writer, composer, and Broadway star couldn’t have known how much of an impact he made on the world when he was writing it....

b·r·o·k·en Chapter One Rewritten

It was a soft fall evening. There might have been a crisp wind in the air, or maybe even a sprinkle of snow across the ground, but I wouldn’t have known. I was completely, utterly caught up inside my imagination. I was in New York. Long Island, to be exact. I was fighting monsters with magical powers and saving the day. My best friend, Kaitlyn, was there right alongside me.
    The shudder and internal cringe creeped along my unsuspecting back and leaped on my shoulders like a sudden gust of wind. I didn’t want to remember. My head tilted of its own accord, my nose scrunched up, and my lips pursed in retaliation. Eventually shoving the memory down, I continued my homework. It wasn’t that long ago that I was there in that hell-hole. My fingers danced in the air as I hunted an evading thought.
    The feeling of the wind coursing through my hair and the dirt beneath my...

The Whole World on the Back of my Hand

I saw the stars.
The glowing, pulsing,
Constantly shifting
Stars.

I saw a comet.
A drifting by,
Wish-granting,
Comet.

I saw the sun.
Our star,
The life-giving
Sun.

I saw the Earth.
Our home that
We don’t treat well.
Our Earth.

I saw the people.
The selfish, rich,
The wounded, strong
People.

I saw our country.
Misunderstood
Change-needing
America.

I saw the state.
Snow-filled
Always forgotten
Michigan.

I saw my friends.
The perpetually laughing
Inspirational, wonderful
Friends.

I saw myself.
Smart yet naive,
Happy yet suffering,
Me.

All of this
On the back of my hand
Because who remembers
Their own hand that well.

I know the galaxy
We live in
About as well
As the back of my hand.

Album Review Competition 2018

The Music of Humanity

Intentions and Invocations

Leave Behind but Never Forget

Remember all that happened
In the year of 2017.
The good and the bad
So no matter what comes next,
We never forget
But can still move on.

American leadership shifted
And things were happy and sad
All at the same time
So now we can make it better
By standing up for our beliefs.

Woman stood up for their rights
In a march on our capital city
Protesting unfair treatment
So now we can hope for a better life
For persons of all genders.

We moved backward from equality
For those of different races and LGBTQ
Several times throughout the year.
Now we can only hope
That we will only go up from here.

Our little star was hidden
By our satellite of a moon
In a total solar Eclipse
So now we can move forward
With an incredible memory.

The Earth's environment is getting worse
With melting ice and glaciers
So our ecosystems are dying.
It is our fault the Earth...

Album Review Competition 2018

The Music of Humanity

It took me a long time to find music that I enjoyed. I’d listen to some modern pop here and there, but I just couldn’t get into it. All that changed thanks to my eighth grade teacher. He was the one who introduced me to Hamilton. He showed one song to us, and I went home and listened to the whole album. It was unlike everything I’d ever heard. The music was peppy, fun, inspirational, and the best part was—it was all historical. Not only did it get me to listen to music more, it got me to appreciate history. It inspired me to think about myself and my actions a little more, and to pay attention to the world around me.
    Lin-Manuel Miranda, a writer, composer, and Broadway star couldn’t have known how much of an impact he made on the world when he was writing it. He first learned Hamilton’s full story through Ron Chernow’s 800 page...

Advice to Novelists

I have some advice for people who are writing/have written a book, and/or have published it and would not mind letting it be turned into a movie. First, if your book ever gets popular enough where movie studios are considering it, congrats! Second, if you want it turned into a movie, but don’t want them to screw it up, put these three conditions on the contract:
1. You get to help write the screenplay. 
2. You get to help with the casting. 
3. You get to visit the set whenever. 
This way, you get to make sure that the movie follows the book as close or as far as you want it to. Go fellow writers! Take my advice and run with it!

Snowy Magic

Where I live,
Almost everyone I know
Hates winter. 
My father,
Expresses his hate 
Through yelling and swearing. 
My friends,
Through subtle looks
And sad words. 
I however, love it. 
Standing outside in the cold,
I feel free. 
Whiteness as far as the eye can see. 
The land is white, the sky is white,
It seems to me like heaven. 
When the sun does shine,
The snow sparkles
And looks like trillions of fallen stars. 
Clumps of it hangs on trees,
As if it’s defying gravity,
And waits for an unassuming victim. 
Toasty fires, warm sweaters,
Cozy blankets, and slippers,
On an extra cold day with a good book. 
Even with the cold,
It keeps me awake
And inspires me to keep going on. 
In a town where winter lasts forever,
I wish it would unlike everyone else
But eventually it brings the spring.

Album Review Competition 2018

The Music of Humanity

It took me a long time to find music that I enjoyed. I’d listen to some modern pop here and there, but nothing that really interested me. All that changed thanks to my eighth grade teacher. He was the one who introduced me to Hamilton. He showed one song to us, and I went home and listened to the whole album. It was unlike everything I’d ever heard. The best part, was that it was all historical. Not only did it get me to listen to music more, it got me to appreciate history. It inspired me to think about myself and my actions a little more, and to pay attention to the world around me.
    Lin-Manuel Miranda, the writer, composer, and broadway star couldn’t have known how much of an impact he made on the world when he was writing it. No one could have. All we know is that he learned Hamilton’s full story through Ron Chernow’s...

b·r·o·k·en Chapter One: The Beginning of the End

The first half of this book is my ‘innocent days’. When my life was officially terrible and everyone knew that. The time that started everything, but wasn’t actually the worst part. Even if it may seem like it.
    I have written this story about 15 different times in 15 different ways and every one of them seemed wrong. The only way to find the right way is to keep trying, right? Here we go.
    The feeling of the wind along my hair and the dirt beneath my feet shifting as...

Incredibly specific Writing Prompts based on Book Ideas I've had

1. You and your twin die at the same time. However, you arrive in Heaven and he does not. There, you find everyone following the will of 'God' but no one's seen him in thousands of years. Where's your twin? Where is God? Who is everyone taking orders from?

2. Your mother died of the Earth's recent deadly disease (similar to the black plague) and your father wants nothing to do with you. When you are suddenly diagnosed with a different disease and given 8 months to live, you decide to run away and live your life. However, as soon as you start off, you seem to have a stalker. When you approach them, you realize something odd about them. What do you do in your last months of life? What do you do about the stalker? What is so weird about them?

3. In the far future, the significant powers created a world as a blank slate and filled...

b·r·o·k·en Dedication and Prologue

b·r·o·k·en
A novel by LyraLynne
Dedication: To Mrs. Pleyel, who was always my inspiration to start writing. This is for you.
Authors Note: There are some very mature themes and language in this book, but I will be writing a clean version as well after this.
...
Prologue
What is happy? Are we ever truly happy? Does happy even exist in this world? Sure, there’s the blissful happiness of childhood where you’re innocent and everything is good. Your parents are angels, your siblings are your best friends, and you’re friends with everyone. Most children are like that at some point. Their lives seemed never better. There’s no such thing as that kind of happiness later on.
Once you start making real memories, you remember the bad. Your parents yelling at you for doing something wrong. Your sibling breaking the rules and blaming it on you. Your ‘friend’ calling you names and being mean to you. All things you never noticed...

Signing Off

Farewell, Goodbye

You were never 'normal'. I suppose I never wanted you to be. You were old, and frail, and to be honest I thought you were sort of ugly. Though every time I thought it, I recoiled in shame. I don't remember a ton about you, I didn't see you that often except for at Christmas and a few times over the summer. What I do remember is good. Summer days spent on the beach coaxing you to come and play in the waves. The night before Christmas spent curled up on the couch as the magic of winter oozed into our hearts filling us with the need to be close to one another. It wasn't right to be there on Christmas Day without you.
    They say the first thing you forget is their voice. Yet yours is the one I remember most clearly. Sort of raspy, with a slight lisp, but filled with joy whenever you spoke. I don't remember...

Novel Description

Okay, so I recently mentioned that I was going to write a novel, and so here's the gist of what it's going to be about. First of all, the plot of the story is mostly going to be based on my life, and everything that's happened to me so far. The main character will be a representation of me, though her name will be Lynne. Basically, what's going to happen, is that throughout all that happens in the story, Lynne will be very lonely, and feeling as if she is alone. However, when she starts writing several novels at the same time, she starts seeing her characters around in her real life. In short, this is a story about taking control of your life, overcoming huge obstacles, and the power of the imagination. I don't know when I will be posting, it will probably be sporadic and there might be huge gaps in between sections but I'd love feedback when...

Intersection

Winter Life

As I step outside
In the swirling wind
A storm has just blown in.
All is white
And time itself
Acts as if it's frozen.

Cold white flakes
Drift down to me
And land upon my nose
Yet I cannot feel the cold
Because the warmth
Inside me glows.

Standing there
I can not see
A single moving thing
But then I look
And see the life
That winter always brings.

Families are happy
In their warm little houses
As day turns into night
They're coming together
Like every year
When green turns into white.

Live trees appear
In their cozy homes
As a symbol of Earth's life
When there's no more fear
And no more hate
There will be no strife.

If only we can notice
This life all around the year
Then we can truly see the light
That suddenly appears.

WILD

Winter, Personified

The wind howling
The trees whispering
The birds lamenting
The fact that they
No longer could fish
In the water.

Ice cackling
As you walk
Along the shore
While the snowflakes whistle
And the fresh snow sings
Of the newly found winter.

Animals are getting ready
For their long sleep
So the voices of nature
Are going silent
One by one by one
By one.

The Earth is silent
Not a groan
Or complain is heard
So the night is calm
As you stroll down
Toward your midnight home.

Setting as Mood

Autumn Secrets

Iris ignored the voice in her head telling her of her faults and concentrated on shutting it out. Not that she noticed, but the park around her glimmered with the signs of autumn. A slight breeze flowed through the air carrying the last echo of summer as it shook leaves from their branches and settled them around the park. Above and around her were all shades of red, brown, orange, yellow, and even some dark purple. If one looked hard enough through the trees in front of the wrought iron bench, a sliver of glittering water could be seen. It was a brook that glowed with the signs of life. Frogs croaked and leaped into the water. Dragonflies flitted about, fish splashed in the clear, shallow water, and if you looked really hard, a chipmunk could be seen taking a rapid drink before disappearing into the brush. Yet Iris ignored all of this in her concentration; even the figure that...

Attempt at a novel

Okay so this isn’t a normal writing but I just wanted to say that I will be trying something coming up. I will be attempting to write a novel, and post different chapters of it here. It will only be every once in a while, and they might be a little long, but this has always been my goal as a writer. I don’t have a title yet but have an idea for the plot and everything. Reviews and feedback would be greatly appreciated as it helps me get better as a writer. Thanks everyone!

Open Prompt

Science vs. Christianity: The Ultimate Debate

Throughout all of our time here on earth, humanity has asked questions. From whats to hows to whys, we have a natural curiosity for the world around us. Although we have answered plenty of our ponderings, there are still tons more that might never be answered. Our best ways of predicting, or guessing at the answers are found within different groups. Perhaps the most popular is religion, more specifically Christianity. Religion is based around explaining certain monumental feats with one or more powerful beings. The next would be science, observing the world around us and attempting to answer the questions through experimentation. These two groups have been going at each other’s throats for centuries. The best example of this is probably the story of Galileo versus the Catholic Church. Though it might seem like they share no similarities, they actually have more in common than one might think. As Buddha once said, "Each of us is a God. Each of...

LyraLynne's 269 Likes

17+ by Quinten Mulder

Published about 1 month ago

The Outside by Kira G.

Published 5 days ago

Grip Of The Unknown by Lemonwire

Published 5 days ago

Shadows by renee.bbn

Published 5 days ago

Chenquin by Kahasai

Published 5 days ago

A Guide to Love by sshepherd

Published 5 days ago

Death by AgathaBlaxell

Published 4 days ago

Oculus by Yvonne.

Published 4 days ago

Silence by KajsaMarksmith

Published 4 days ago

Queen Of The Jungle by Loves2Write

Published 4 days ago

The Squirshl by Gabriel Goodwin

Published 4 days ago

Saints by RedWriter

Published 4 days ago

Your Demon is Coming by Sarimar Muniz

Published 5 days ago

Hollow. by thewritingspoon

Published 5 days ago

Teenage Years by Maddie Martinez

Published 5 days ago

Another one by LackingASocialLife

Published 5 days ago

Deteriorate by Marie

Published 5 days ago

Queen Of The Jungle by Loves2Write

Published 6 days ago

Ugly but Beautiful by Bryan Rodriguez

Published about 1 month ago

Monsters Within Us by Jazmyn Salsman

Published 6 days ago

Burned by Juneisle

Published 6 days ago

orelia by Fidgetsally

Published 6 days ago

Thanatos by MoonFromAlola

Published 6 days ago

Saints by RedWriter

Published 6 days ago

The Depths of the Mind by Wordsarelikecolors

Published 6 days ago

Manwolf by Jasonthewriter

Published 6 days ago

Barbaric by Erik

Published 6 days ago

Time Bomb by Grace Renae

Published 7 days ago

The Hands of the Earth by Elena R.

Published 7 days ago

The Accidental Encounter by Samantha14

Published 7 days ago

Welcome Weight by Norah

Published 7 days ago

Not forever by Titi

Published 7 days ago

Remember by ~EmberlyLeviathan~

Published 7 days ago

The City Come-of-Age by Pocahontas

Published 7 days ago

Ezra's Monster by Rachel Rubinoff

Published 7 days ago

The Thing That Kills by *~. Audrey .~*

Published 7 days ago

Prisoner by RainAndSonder

Published 7 days ago

Good Bye by just a gurl

Published 8 days ago

Highway, Human, and Me by Kahasai

Published 8 days ago

Not As Tall As Many by Crimson Locks

Published 8 days ago

This is Love by Natalie Kim

Published 8 days ago

Behind My Curtain by ARS7

Published 8 days ago

Mr. Wellington by Lee Fudge

Published 8 days ago

A New Environmental Story by morgan_spraker

Published 15 days ago

Blue Skies, and Green Grass. by Bettie Kline

Published 15 days ago

Tumbling and Stumbling. by I.C. Fynnheart

Published 18 days ago

Day 6 - Notes (LyraLynne) by Kaitlyn ❄

Published 18 days ago

Something Worth Mentioning by Reanimated

Published 18 days ago

LASL's Prompts: Day 6 by Kahasai

Published 18 days ago

Happy Birthday Princess by Caroline C

Published 18 days ago

Death's Revenge by M. Elyse Lynch

Published 18 days ago

Winter Wonderland by Parker Collett

Published 18 days ago

Broken :( by Kaitlyn ❄

Published 18 days ago

How Many? by Kaitlyn ❄

Published 18 days ago

Untitled Piece by GeoPlayer123YT

Published 18 days ago

Lost Anchor.... Still by Poohbear

Published 18 days ago

Darkness by chasing_elysian

Published 18 days ago

The Sea by mrcolinredwards

Published 18 days ago

Day Five: My Personality! by camlily

Published 18 days ago

Pounding by RedWriter

Published 19 days ago

Write Something by camlily

Published 19 days ago

The Soul's Defense by Elena R.

Published 20 days ago

LASL's Prompts: Day 5 by Kahasai

Published 20 days ago

Little me by Sentenced

Published 20 days ago

summer's song by ste11ar

Published 20 days ago

Fallen (First chapter!) by Bellbell0307

Published 22 days ago

raven by Amber. Marie

Published 20 days ago

maybe next time. by ste11ar

Published 20 days ago

Parallel Lines by yapyapxy

Published 20 days ago

LASL's Prompt 1: What I look like by ste11ar

Published 20 days ago

Rust by krillinthehotdog

Published 20 days ago

Acing Being Me by neo7v

Published 21 days ago

Ind One Sia by Lee Fudge

Published 20 days ago

Day 4 - Obituary (LyraLynne) by Kaitlyn ❄

Published 21 days ago

Wordsmith (a true story) by I.C. Fynnheart

Published 21 days ago

Day 1 - Blinded Color Blue by *~. Audrey .~*

Published 21 days ago

I know: Poem by Gabriel Villa

Published 21 days ago

They Say It's a Sin by Kaitlyn ❄

Published 21 days ago

Dime Guy by Lee Fudge

Published 21 days ago

Never Representing by Kaitlyn ❄

Published 21 days ago

Drowned by Water Woman

Published 21 days ago

In an insane head (1) by zaid ilyas

Published 21 days ago

America by inkstainedpillow

Published 22 days ago

In January by inkstainedpillow

Published 21 days ago

In January by flappycat89

Published 21 days ago

LaSL; Get to Know Me Prompt by FairNoble

Published 21 days ago

Pause by AcetheticallyPleasing

Published 21 days ago

Make me Cry by Kaitlyn ❄

Published 22 days ago

Je ne sais quoi by neo7v

Published 22 days ago

Color Your Week by ARS7

Published 23 days ago

Overdramatic by Grace Renae

Published 23 days ago

In January by Nadia Kotova

Published 23 days ago

LASL's Prompts: Day 3 by Kahasai

Published 23 days ago

Each Meaning by Stewart Worthington

Published 25 days ago

Green Mango Tree by Gabriel Goodwin

Published 25 days ago

For a Little Girl Long-Gone by Hanan Adi

Published 25 days ago

The life of school by Jasmine Collins

Published 25 days ago

Crimson - One Sentence Story by M. Elyse Lynch

Published 25 days ago

Day 2 - My Kiss Idea by Kaitlyn ❄

Published 25 days ago

My Life by mysterious_writer13

Published 25 days ago

House by mysterious_writer13

Published 25 days ago

I fell in love with a robot by Starchild

Published 25 days ago

In January by Camryn

Published 25 days ago

Take Me Back by japaneseprincess

Published 25 days ago

Unexpected Meeting by Drifting Leaf

Published 26 days ago

LASL's Prompts: Day 1 by Kahasai

Published 25 days ago

Notes and Pens by japaneseprincess

Published 26 days ago

A Love Could Never Tell by japaneseprincess

Published 25 days ago

In January by writer0715

Published 26 days ago

Sparks of Salem by callmetrashpanda

Published 26 days ago

My Home by writer0715

Published 26 days ago

Ashes by Uma Bhat

Published 26 days ago

In January by Zoe G.

Published 26 days ago

Daisies by LackingASocialLife

Published 26 days ago

My Backyard In India by Geethika

Published 26 days ago

Embers by Starchild

Published 26 days ago

GOODNOIGHT by LackingASocialLife

Published 26 days ago

Breaking Away, Chapter 1 by Paperbird

Published 26 days ago

Breaking Away, Prologue by Paperbird

Published 27 days ago

A Red Shirt by Crimson Locks

Published 26 days ago

In January by Puppet Paint

Published 27 days ago

The Colors of January by JediKnightGirl

Published 27 days ago

The Artists: Prologue by MoonFromAlola

Published 27 days ago

Setting as Mood by MoonFromAlola

Published 28 days ago

Can People Change? by Sarorah

Published 28 days ago

No escape... by linuxx

Published 28 days ago

The Third-floor Bedroom by Natalie Ferdinand

Published 28 days ago

Purpose by korra4life

Published 29 days ago

You by Bellbell0307

Published 28 days ago

Explain by No Face _-_

Published 28 days ago

In January by ummmsassy

Published 28 days ago

The Black Hole by Daria Anghel

Published 28 days ago

Stereotypes by camlily

Published 28 days ago

In January by agustdv

Published 28 days ago

Rêveur de les Cosmos by Katryn Lingad

Published 28 days ago

In January by TheWildTimTam

Published 29 days ago

I Knew by Kaitlyn ❄

Published 30 days ago

Wind as Love by Kaitlyn ❄

Published about 1 month ago

In January by Kaitlyn ❄

Published about 1 month ago

A Victorian Tale by Sentenced

Published about 1 month ago

missing YOU by Isabelle Addams

Published about 1 month ago

But... But you can't just DODGE that! by Glytch Montoya

Published about 1 month ago

First Impressions by KamilaAllin

Published about 1 month ago

Control by creative.writer

Published about 1 month ago

Panther by camlily

Published about 1 month ago

Home is Where the Heart is? by Miyuki_Sama

Published about 1 month ago

Normal No More-Chapter One by wantstobeawriter2

Published about 1 month ago

Broken Letters (Part one) by Bellbell0307

Published about 1 month ago

Where I'm From by JudyG

Published about 1 month ago

Regrets by JediKnightGirl

Published about 1 month ago

Change by CreativeAngel

Published about 1 month ago

You by Bellbell0307

Published about 1 month ago

Be the *ONLY* by NuHa

Published about 1 month ago

John Laurens by BlueWriter

Published about 1 month ago

Exams by Chari

Published about 1 month ago

The Buzz by mrs

Published about 1 month ago

Savior by Abigail27

Published about 1 month ago

Cope by Reanimated

Published about 1 month ago

Jess's Love by Marerider

Published about 1 month ago

Don't Apologize by tristen kay

Published about 1 month ago

If Only.....(2) by Sarorah

Published about 1 month ago

My Happiness by CreativeAngel

Published about 1 month ago

Unrequited by gripsyched

Published about 1 month ago

Random Piece :P by Faith Camp

Published about 1 month ago

If Only......(1) by Sarorah

Published about 1 month ago

Review of The Moana Soundtrack by Jacob R.

Published about 1 month ago

Day 24- "...She didn't," by LackingASocialLife

Published about 1 month ago

American Teen by: Madisen Slack by Madisen Slack

Published about 1 month ago

Castle of Vines by Crimson Locks

Published about 1 month ago

Wicked Album Review- Sydney Parson by SydneySP

Published about 1 month ago

Hospice by agustdv

Published about 1 month ago

Burn by Vinisu

Published about 1 month ago

don't trust the poison by jehsseee

Published about 1 month ago

Reputation by cait

Published about 1 month ago

Block Out The Pain by Phytocat

Published about 1 month ago

The Night by Water Woman

Published about 1 month ago

Tell Me Ma by Elizabeth Bennet

Published about 1 month ago

Advice to Novelists by LyraLynne

Published about 2 months ago

Left to Die by Bellbell0307

Published about 1 month ago

: by KittyCatsRule99

Published about 1 month ago

Humming Bird by Miyuki_Sama

Published about 1 month ago

Visiting Granny by Candace Fisher

Published about 1 month ago

The Human Condition by abbigraham28

Published about 1 month ago

Petoskey, Michigan by Claremarie04

Published about 1 month ago

Lonely Together by Jessie Arlinghaus

Published about 1 month ago

Tell Me You Love Me- Demi Lovato by darlingdrizzle

Published about 2 months ago

Cannot Go Ignored: Chapter 1 by MyShotPotter

Published about 2 months ago

y o u by agustdv

Published about 2 months ago

dandelion by aryelee

Published about 2 months ago

BADLANDS -Halsey by Dreamer5003

Published about 2 months ago

EDEN - I THINK YOU THINK TOO MUCH OF ME by Mwh01

Published about 2 months ago

Voice is a Powerful Storyteller by fire_to_freedom

Published about 2 months ago

The Heartsmith by ~EmberlyLeviathan~

Published about 2 months ago

Hello, Don't Kill Me by Kahasai

Published about 2 months ago

Nothing by Bellbell0307

Published about 2 months ago

One signature by JamieCarter

Published about 2 months ago

Why me by Bellbell0307

Published about 2 months ago

Intertwined - EP by Your Alien Author.

Published about 2 months ago

Freeway Exit by sinterspinel

Published about 2 months ago

Adele's 21 by Kaitlyn ❄

Published about 2 months ago

Worth It by Riley Noel

Published about 2 months ago

Stop right there! by Bellbell0307

Published about 2 months ago

I Still Fall by clarino910

Published about 2 months ago

No Offense by Elizabeth Bennet

Published about 2 months ago

Time by ARS7

Published about 2 months ago

My Dearest by novelistinthedark

Published about 2 months ago

Dear My fellow Write The World Friends by Bellbell0307

Published about 2 months ago

Sleep by RedWriter

Published about 2 months ago

Journal of a (_____): Chapter Two by Lee Fudge

Published about 2 months ago

Future by daydreamwings

Published about 2 months ago

Journal of a (_____): Chapter One by Lee Fudge

Published about 2 months ago

My Top 10 Goals for 2018 by Lexi Reneá

Published about 2 months ago

My New Year's Resolutions by Kaitlyn ❄

Published about 2 months ago

This is my 200th Piece by Kaitlyn ❄

Published about 2 months ago

My New Year's Resolutions by Paperbird

Published about 2 months ago

you left me and it hurts by facesosunny

Published about 2 months ago

Silent Planet by fire_to_freedom

Published about 2 months ago

Sincerely Me by Opened_Mind

Published about 2 months ago

Bet My Life by Foxmillionaire!

Published about 2 months ago

The Letter by Crimson Locks

Published about 2 months ago

Truth or Dare by ste11ar

Published about 2 months ago

Ivy by Paperbird

Published about 2 months ago

​Dear Sister by Maggie Mills

Published about 2 months ago

The end by Dreamer5003

Published about 2 months ago

Black and white keys by MakaZuhrah

Published about 2 months ago

three hundred and sixty five flowers by Lola

Published about 2 months ago

Grey by Juniper Sora

Published 2 months ago

Magic Wars: Chapter One by Lee Fudge

Published about 2 months ago

In An Instance by Lauren Nash

Published 2 months ago

Girl of a Dream by KayDee

Published 2 months ago

The Future? by Elizabeth Bennet

Published 2 months ago

The Elephant by camlily

Published 2 months ago

A New Life by Whimsy

Published 5 months ago

57 Likes from Others

The Monster in Me

Liked by 6 people

Utterly Shattered

Liked by 2 people

My Heart ❤️

Liked by 5 people

15...—Writing Prompts Day 16

Liked by 3 people

Penny for your thoughts?

Liked by 1 person

The Monster in Me

Liked by 5 people

Our Past, Our Future, and Us.

Liked by 2 people

Error—Writing Prompts Day 11

Liked by 2 people

Olympic Equality

Liked by 1 person

The Pepper Room

Liked by 4 people

RANT (Inspired by Kaitlyn :) )

Liked by 2 people

Leave Behind but Never Forget

Liked by 2 people

Cycles—Writing Prompts Day 1

Liked by 1 person

S.O.S.

Liked by 3 people

Little Sparrow

Liked by 2 people

To Shame the World

Liked by 1 person

The Walk

Liked by 2 people

La maison de mes rêves

Liked by 1 person

The Music of Humanity

Liked by 2 people

The Music of Humanity

Liked by 5 people

Advice to Novelists

Liked by 11 people

The Music of Humanity

Liked by 3 people

Snowy Magic

Liked by 2 people

Farewell, Goodbye

Liked by 1 person

Winter Life

Liked by 2 people

Novel Description

Liked by 2 people

Attempt at a novel

Liked by 4 people

I Believe in Santa Claus

Liked by 1 person

Winter, Personified

Liked by 2 people

The Honest Lie

Liked by 2 people

Autumn Secrets

Liked by 3 people

A Little Fall of Rain

Liked by 1 person

Good neighbor

We like your photo and your biography.

Earned 2 months ago

Pro reviewer

You've now submitted over five reviews!

Earned about 2 months ago

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned 2 months ago

Follower

You're following over five other writers.

Earned 2 months ago

Supporter

You're following over 10 other writers right now.

Earned about 2 months ago

Admirer

You've followed over twenty other writers!

Earned about 2 months ago

Patron

You're following over thirty other writers!

Earned about 2 months ago

Leader

You're being followed by over five other writers!

Earned 2 months ago

Super star

You've got SO many followers - more than thirty!

Earned about 1 month ago

Power writer

Do you ever sleep? You've written over TEN THOUSAND WORDS.

Earned 28 days ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned 2 months ago

Prolific

You really are prolific - you've published over ten pieces already.

Earned about 2 months ago

Favoriter

Love your work - you've read and favorited over ten pieces published by others

Earned 2 months ago

Popular penman

Very nicely done - you've got over ten favorites.

Earned about 2 months ago

Reviewer

You've reviewed!

Earned 2 months ago

Top critic

Woohoo. You've submitted over fifteen reviews.

Earned about 1 month ago

Competitor

Thanks for entering a competition.

Earned about 1 month ago

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

143 Following

Kaitlyn ❄ Kaitlyn ❄
DragonMasterFox DragonMasterFox
camlily camlily
Bellbell0307 Bellbell0307
Rosie Rosie
Elizabeth Bennet Elizabeth Bennet
FairNoble FairNoble
Phoebe L Phoebe L
KayDee KayDee
Lauren Nash Lauren Nash
Juniper Sora  Juniper Sora
Lola Lola
MakaZuhrah MakaZuhrah
Mikaila Barker Mikaila Barker
Maggie Mills Maggie Mills
Paperbird Paperbird
Your Alien Author. Your Alien Author.
facesosunny facesosunny
Lexi Reneá Lexi Reneá
RedWriter RedWriter
novelistinthedark novelistinthedark
ARS7 ARS7
yapyapxy yapyapxy
zaid ilyas zaid ilyas
Riley Noel Riley Noel
clarino910 clarino910
Marerider Marerider
Mwh01 Mwh01
aryelee aryelee
agustdv agustdv
MyShotPotter MyShotPotter
darlingdrizzle darlingdrizzle
share share
Opened_Mind Opened_Mind
Glytch Montoya Glytch Montoya
*~. Audrey .~* *~. Audrey .~*
TheWildTimTam TheWildTimTam
jehsseee jehsseee
mrcolinredwards mrcolinredwards
Sarorah Sarorah
Faith Camp Faith Camp
Reanimated Reanimated
BlueWriter BlueWriter
NuHa NuHa
JediKnightGirl JediKnightGirl
CreativeAngel CreativeAngel
JudyG JudyG
wantstobeawriter2 wantstobeawriter2
creative.writer creative.writer
Sentenced Sentenced
linuxx linuxx
MoonFromAlola MoonFromAlola
Puppet Paint Puppet Paint
Aussie23 Aussie23
Starchild Starchild
Uma Bhat Uma Bhat
japaneseprincess japaneseprincess
lovelylittleowl lovelylittleowl
Kahasai Kahasai
Drifting Leaf Drifting Leaf
Camryn Camryn
WhiltiernaWolfLord WhiltiernaWolfLord
mysterious_writer13 mysterious_writer13
M. Elyse Lynch M. Elyse Lynch
Janna Brown Janna Brown
head's in the clouds head's in the clouds
Jasmine Collins Jasmine Collins
Hanan Adi Hanan Adi
Gabriel Goodwin Gabriel Goodwin
ih29 ih29
annieblev annieblev
Laika Laika
Katryn Lingad Katryn Lingad
Foxmillionaire! Foxmillionaire!
RainAndSonder RainAndSonder
Nadia Kotova Nadia Kotova
Grace Renae Grace Renae
AcetheticallyPleasing AcetheticallyPleasing
flappycat89 flappycat89
inkstainedpillow inkstainedpillow
Water Woman Water Woman
Lee Fudge Lee Fudge
Gabriel Villa Gabriel Villa
Miyuki_Sama Miyuki_Sama
neo7v neo7v
krillinthehotdog krillinthehotdog
ste11ar ste11ar
Tucker Burgess Tucker Burgess
Amber. Marie Amber. Marie
Lachrymose Lachrymose
Elena R. Elena R.
chasing_elysian chasing_elysian
Poohbear Poohbear
FuryWriter953 (FF) FuryWriter953 (FF)
Parker Collett Parker Collett
Caroline C Caroline C
Bettie Kline Bettie Kline
morgan_spraker morgan_spraker
vkalpaxis vkalpaxis
klistaaa klistaaa
Randfurd_Kat Randfurd_Kat
pizzacat17 pizzacat17
ella. ella.
Natalie Kim Natalie Kim
hibernation_awesome hibernation_awesome
isabellaswenson000@gmail.com isabellaswenson000@gmail.com
Hallie Hallie
just a gurl just a gurl
Rachel Rubinoff Rachel Rubinoff
Pocahontas Pocahontas
~EmberlyLeviathan~ ~EmberlyLeviathan~
Titi Titi
Norah Norah
Samantha14 Samantha14
Hannah Gaudette - JoyfulWriter Hannah Gaudette - JoyfulWriter
Erik Erik
Legolas Legolas
Jasonthewriter Jasonthewriter
D.I. D.I.
abbeynimegeers abbeynimegeers
Lone Warrior WWII Lone Warrior WWII
Kay Kay
Wordsarelikecolors Wordsarelikecolors
Cwovictor Cwovictor
shelby.stone shelby.stone
Fidgetsally Fidgetsally
Jazmyn Salsman Jazmyn Salsman
Bryan Rodriguez Bryan Rodriguez
Loves2Write Loves2Write
Draco'sgirl Draco'sgirl
Maddie Martinez Maddie Martinez
thewritingspoon thewritingspoon
Sarimar Muniz Sarimar Muniz
Brook3450 Brook3450
kaitlyn.toy kaitlyn.toy
KajsaMarksmith KajsaMarksmith
AgathaBlaxell AgathaBlaxell
sshepherd sshepherd
renee.bbn renee.bbn
Lemonwire Lemonwire
Kira G. Kira G.
Quinten Mulder Quinten Mulder
Plausible.Poems Plausible.Poems