Lissie

Everyone says I talk too much, but I'd like to say I'm a storyteller.

I hope to someday give someone else a home in my words the same way I found a home.

Peer Reviews

You are more than a number

PROMPT: Op-Ed Competition 2019

It's feels a little choppy in some places, but overall I really like it! I think if you go back and sand a few things down, it'll be even better!

over 1 year

It's not fair

I like the repetition of ending with the first line. I think it was good. I was a little confused at first because one would think letting the trouble "break your back" so to speak would ruin it either way, and the best solution is to relieve that. Catharsis. finding someone who will take that. If all those people left than they're not the right people. That's all I had to say, but I don't think that's what this is about, so it works out fine.

over 1 year

Him

It's got a very choppy and discordant flow to it. I really like that because I think it adds to the mood of the piece. It makes me think of listening to someone scared into having a stutter. I think its being offset really makes it vulnerable, which adds to the piece. It's awful you experienced that. I hope only the best to you.

over 1 year

I Grew Daffodils Too

It was fantastic, and a sad truth. Studies of members of the iGen of Generation Z (gen-z) have showed that our brains are actually changing. We talk about it in one of my classes often because Gen-Z is also referred to as a hinge generation.

almost 2 years

you tell me

It did feel a little hazy and lost, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. Good job!

almost 2 years

Bandages

It wasn't a pleasant experience reading your piece. I like the way it flows. I like the way it swells and wanes.

almost 2 years

Turned to stone prompt

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

I appreciate the little use of hendiadys in the last paragraph. You have a couple of instances where you've got fragments that would read better if you added it to a sentence. There are a couple run-ons, and you could benefit from the use of a semi-colon or two. I understand some fragments are intentional and for a creative purpose, but that's just my input.

almost 2 years

Loneliness

PROMPT: Emotion by Association

It's a lovely piece, and your imagery is fantastic.

almost 3 years