Webcam toy photo5

Crimson Locks

Books and music
My life
All I need

Webcam toy photo5

Crimson Locks (United States) reviewed:

Electrics-2

I LOVE THIS SO FREAKING MUCH NOW WRITE MORE MORE MORE!

6 minutes ago

Webcam toy photo5
Logo

Crimson Locks (United States) started following novelistinthedark (United States)

about 8 hours ago

Webcam toy photo5

Crimson Locks (United States) liked What is a Legacy? Nine: Plans and Seconds by novelistinthedark (United States)

about 8 hours ago

Webcam toy photo5

Crimson Locks (United States) liked Electrics-2 by Randfurd_Kat (United States)

about 19 hours ago

Webcam toy photo5
1

Crimson Locks (United States) published:

Castle of Vines

Coating the Southern Coast, a thick fog blanketed the skies, mountains, and through the trees of nearby forests.
    Elodie was heavily dressed in armor, glinting against the moonlight, her cloak hanging adrift in the hushed wind. Known as The Guarding Tigress, her eyes a flashing weapon to many, and her fiery, tangled curls colored with scarlet. Her handkerchief was tied around her neck to remind others where she’d come from.
    A Niczebec guild.
    Plunged into the depths of hell...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 19 hours ago

Webcam toy photo5
1

Day 1: 10 Things That Make Me Happy

These ten things might be simple, but mean more than what they look like. It doesn't matter if they're small or big. To me, they mean much more than those who deem that it's nothing to them.

1. Roses    
  2. Books    
  3. Making people smile
  4. Accomplishing something, even if it's just doing homework
  5. Bonding with my sister
  6. Surprising my friends
  7. A warm weather, the one that's not too hot or too cold 
  8. Food! (particularly Oatmeal 
  9. Reading
  10. Sleep
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 23 hours ago

Webcam toy photo5
How to draw anime sad girl how to draw cute sad anime girl dont hurt me no more youtube

Crimson Locks (United States) started following Echo.Echo (United States)

about 23 hours ago

Webcam toy photo5
1

To Randfurd_Kat (I KNOW YOU'RE THERE SO READ THIS BECAUSE THIS IS A REMINDER OF HOW WE MET)

You isolated from the world below 

Holding another realm in your hands

My eyes saw your figure aglow

For you were a heroine from distant lands

That's how I saw you at first sight

And I had the urge to talk to you

I was anxious, nervous with fright

For I didn't know what to do

I remember that time when you actually talked back

I sighed in relief, finally making a friend

I read a book until my vision...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1 day ago

Webcam toy photo5
Img 2551

Crimson Locks (United States) started following Laika (United States)

1 day ago

Webcam toy photo5

Crimson Locks (United States) liked Tomorrow by Laika (United States)

1 day ago

Castle of Vines

A Niczebec guild.
    Plunged into the depths of hell there was the dead whose spirits never rest. The Niczebec offered war, and a bearer of light exposed its piercing arrows. They whizzed to and fro, Niczebecs hiding underneath the soils of a long-lost land. Their guild represented the lost and who needed guiding.
    But none have helped.
    Tendrils of her anger rippled until she walked past by the river, light dancing in them. Her lips were blue from the breeze and decided to keep walking. She was almost there....

Day 1: 10 Things That Make Me Happy

1. Roses    
  2. Books    
  3. Making people smile
  5. Bonding with my sister
  6. Surprising my friends
  8. Food! (particularly Oatmeal 
  9. Reading
  10. Sleep

You isolated from the world below 

Holding another realm in your hands

My eyes saw your figure aglow

That's how I saw you at first sight

And I had the urge to talk to you

I was anxious, nervous with fright

For I didn't know what to do

I read a book until my vision went black

Thinking of you made me smile in the end

Everyone left me at one point but you were there

You were bitchy sometimes

Sometimes I'd shot you a glare

Three, four, or five times

I HOPE YOU FREAKING READ THIS

Because I need to remind you of it

Know that you are one of the best friends I miss

For there's not a day where I can't miss you one bit

Abandoning the Celeste's Daughter Seies

I've come up with a really great plot just now, and the best part is, I dreamt of it when I was asleep, I just woke up from a nap, and when I heard my music playing, it motivated me to get up and write. So I'm actually going to start a new series entitled... Crown of Stars or Vines With Roses, somewhere in those two titles. BUT ANYWAY those who liked the series, I'm sorry, but that series was to practice my novel writing, and it was kind of cringy reading it with Randfurd_Kat (check her out), and yeah. That's it. 

Celeste's Daughter: Chapter 6

The belfry of the clock tower was in smithereens when she came.

The lull of a silenced breeze assured her that this tower had witnessed far worse in decades. Elaine never wanted to know the history of this clock for a long time. Her curls framed her structured face and felt another existing figure overtowering hers. Keen, tawny eyes speared through hers at an immediate pace. She found herself dumbfounded.    
    An otherworldly sensation lingered in her chest, sensing Acarcyn’s anger even if they were a mile apart. He raised a step toward her. “Explain.”
    After a moment, Elaine grabbed her cloak from the ground and reached for his hand. A trickle of sweat beaded her brow, which indicated that she’d been looking for something, but Elaine never knew what. She said quietly, “I was regarded as a surrogate for the royal assassin. My father and mother didn’t object.”
    “Why?” Traces of his face turned grave,...

In Motion

Noise

Her heart drummed with notes that spoke to her ear. Shouting. Listening. 
    The air careened to the left and she followed it. Her hair sailed with the breeze that kissed her face, her arms stretching out every muscle in her body. Her blood thrummed with the never-ending beat. She felt the sky claim her, the clouds varying in different shades. The river drifted down, the grasses tickled her legs and golden lights streamed upon the meadow. The noise suspended the troubles from work, as she eased her mind, and allowed everything to arrest her sorrows.
    She listened and whispered. The wind whistled. The sky gazed at her. The sun smiled at her.
    And everything took her where she finally wanted to be.

Celeste's Daughter: Chapter 5

The jagged slopes of the streets quaked.

Elaine braced herself to a nearby wall of brick. She cursed as her ankle twisted. “Last I checked you were minding your own business instead of mine.”
    Blood thrummed, finding herself to bite back her words. Acarcyn’s presence lingered for a while, his breathing the only noise between them. The hot temper burning in her eyes vanished. Elaine turned to him, chin up, head high. “If memory serves well, I told you that I’d check on you whenever I wanted to. Didn’t you, Elaine?”
    She could still feel the sensuous curves of his mouth on hers, as though she was still his. Beneath the cold wind, she blew at him was a strong sensation urging her to say something. Tears stained her cheeks that day, as her blood reminded that her being was to inherit her own realm, to marry a Blueblood. That day, both hadn’t yielded a step, never dared to breathe...

Celeste's Daughter: Chapter 4

A maiden of war was loosed upon the soils of his kingdom, and wherever she had traveled with two feet.

This path laid before her, she embraced her inner darkness. Honestly, she piqued his curiosity. It would've been a shame to kill her. Her eyes glittered with an encompassing shadow that stole away her grace as if someone she loved never claimed her. A road unsought was before his eyes, blanketing the prince's soul with an eternal hollow. He forced himself to never love Death. But he did after he committed the act upon the woman, the crime which he gave into as the maiden never knew the truth beneath it.     
    Navigating through the ancient woodlands to the tents of carnivals of deception and debauchery, both the prince and Death himself piled every victim atop each other; they vanquished all with their fires. No one has tracked any human scent, delighted that the guards had no proof of...

Celeste's Daughter: Chapter 3

Wyrmblue’s stare pinned her with seething fury and disdain.

“A shapeshifter,” he murmured. “I must say, Kaia, all you’ve accomplished was unleashing that beast into our land.” Before she could recollect herself entirely, the room was hushed by the heir’s piercing gaze, unending. The heir snarled, as Kaia swallowed, her throat bobbing once. Twice. Devouring the fright and the imminent torture, she had been ready, ever since she entranced into his office. She feigned confidence. And she was glad of it.
    Kaia purred. "Well, this town had been nothing more than kings and thieves." Wyrmblue growled. "So why don't we make a change and see what this beast does?"
    She kept her, looked at him in the eye. Fairly certain that this report had infuriated him, the master of the Purloin Guild did nothing, as he frowned at the wooden desk. Her indignation awoken by a sequence of words--- an unknown language, the one that...

Celeste's Daughter: Chapter 2

Perched on the railing of a castle roof, Kaia savored the alluring night, a fresh breeze kissing her face.

Actual pain had flashed across her face when she saw the queen. As her figure drifted into the engulfing dark, the King hadn’t seen her, not a trace of her sounding footsteps. Her feet ambled to the rooftop, as she stalked the man in the hooded robe.
    Dagger in hand, the emotion she’d felt rippled. Abating. Kaia lingered there, just as the man’s figure turned to a silhouette and becoming one with the fog that pervaded the kingdom. Smart man.
    She glanced at the man, who became nothing but a traveler venturing into the Boneforge Forests. Tucked under her cloak were an army of weapons, strapped behind, hid in her black, dirty boots. There weren’t many villagers or beggars loitering about yet. Kaia smirked as the man stiffened.
    He was far from her reach. Either he sensed her or contemplated.
    Kaia...

Celeste's Daughter Part 1: The Girl In The Shadows

CHAPTER 1

Kaia Abner wasn’t sure if she should be surprised, pleased, or indifferent.

The inhabitants of the Carrigan St. slums were evacuated, leaving not a speck of tattered clothing on the unforgiving concrete. Silver cans scattered, rolling to hit another, but that was all left. Midnight hair sailed along with a forbidding breeze, a sharp intake of breath, then hissed through her teeth in rage, as Kaia scanned the slums.
    “Shit,” she breathed. Her journey across the pirate seas hadn’t been satisfying, given how the boat nearly tumbled into the deep ocean from a stirring storm. Wyrmblur, the heir of thieves and assassins, had been assigned to the task involving a higher risk of losing a life. He hauled his ass to the bottom of his wooden stairwell, pointing fingers at hooded figures. She hadn’t know who the prick was, to allocate this little quest to the Purloin Guild, but…
    The reward did involve a...

Celeste's Daughter: The Night Before Blood

The overlapping whimpers allow fear befall on every innocent face.

Tangled with an interminable battle, the charcoaled tendrils of Ria Mayfair covered the glistening drops from her eyes. Her prayers brought her gaze to the sky speckled with a heavenly body. She had monitored the army of her own enemies, where stood a citadel of men entirely made out of dire magic.     
    The kind that was banished for covering a beast with human skin, removing each ounce of sentiment. The magic itself didn’t create demons. Those who had risen from the ground volunteered to walk on earthly soil, just to live, even if it meant to live with an eternal ache.
    The Forbidden.
    Silence hushed her and the man who stood behind her. The gleaming plate of the armor seemed durable but it would never save him from a single strike of the Forbidden. Everly, her guild, might be engulfed by the war’s calamity, which was currently the...

My Daydream of A Celestial Sacramento

The bottom of a glass blurs the rest of the world. The delicate structure supports the water it's capable of holding, but not for long. Any person who knew it could've held the knowledge all along. The knowledge of a logical system which enables them to follow through this hollow song.
    It turns into a sensible fact, that even knew how to think out of their minds. Unexplored journeys lead to a puzzle unknown. Unwritten changes lead to unchanged stars. Fragmentary remains of a light, blown. Leading most spirits to think they're alone.
The world in the hands of children enhances their own imagination, believing in the legends that were lost due to a sense of the reality from those who were older than they. Believing that creativity can save anyone astray is a thought one can just give away. 
    It's... not like that. Not for me at least.
    A Celestial Sacramento is...

Live While You Can

Traveling down a labyrinthine alley, each step upon the stable concrete brings me a hefty weight to carry. If I had the easier way to venture among these shattered buildings, there wouldn’t be the slightest beaut in them. The path ahead feels like an interminable cycle, as though I’ve been here. Again. And again. And again.
    Amid these enclosing gaps, that I’m capable of passing in between, my stroll slowly creates a throbbing ache to the head. Not an awful din of gossip spread around me, which made my chest feel more burdensome by the second. Not a speck of feeling nor a view of treacly melodrama passes through this routine. The distance stretched out, as did time. The hollowness gradually engulfed a part of me, which was made missing.
    By the time I reached a tunnel of luster, the biggest star lied before me, warming upon my body. Silhouettes formed a bigger crowd, loudly spilling in...

Signing Off

The Letter

If anyone knew me better, it was always you

One year is about to pass beneath our feet. Now, with the unpredictability of this world, I'm not sure if I could expect what I always hope for. You live in the future. I live in the present. We're different people who were once tied together. It might've been the gap between two books that caused our bond to dissipate into thin air. Did you know that, when joy and light are hard to find, most people find themselves happier in believing a lie? Have you felt like that, too? I don't really know what happened to you this 2017, but all I know is that you're still the same you. But your walls were built up again. So was mine. I'm left with a smile and a hope for what's to come. What you're left with, I don't know. A lot has happened in between, some bad and...

Hidden

Look and See

Do you see something so blank?
Something without a speck of life in it?
Could you hear the laughter where your ship has sank?
Was it a dark depth of the ocean, an endless pit of something

That this world became what you could never let it be

Do you see worlds of different sorts?
Do you feel yourself running through them?
Have you been under the moon's soft touch 
Where its light could solve one vexing problem,

And that changing it meant that there was something beyond

Do you see castles that were created through ink
Which came from the struggles and conflict?
Do you see the world in one blink?
And a picture you'd paint just by looking, could you depict

The bigger picture in this cycle, one that we could own

A voice, a character, a perspective
Brought into the thoughts of a reader
It changes eyes, and it's THAT effective
When alone in thought,...

My Refuge

Listen to me and don't mishear

I have these little things
Simple, yet complicated
I have this guitar with complete strings
Its sounds, I waited

I listened as it echoed
Some of us are listening
Some of us could hear this code
To follow, the journey completely riveting

We were looking too hard to find meaning
That we didn't even see what was in front of us
One phenomenon kept listening
We just needed glasses to see, for eyes to adjust

A picture with a frame holds me
My gaze looking deeply into a memory of music
I relived that moment filled with glee
But it hurt as I wore this same tunic

Inside was something so hollow
A voice that was once something I loved
It follows, and t'was a love that couldn't be borrowed
And people I began to shove

I wanted to reach that door
This was a voice I couldn't lose
I kept falling as I...

Magicians' Eve Part 1

T'was the day after New Year
And everyone grew blue
Over was the holiday cheer
Except for one little girl who remained true...

Oh, wait, she was one of the depressed few...

"Christmas and New Year's has come to past," she said, passing the salt to her brother.
"What do you expect, life just keeps going," he replied. "Whether we like it or not."

But the girl began to think
With the topic her brother brought
Had an idea after one drink
Hoping she wouldn't get caught

"What if... we had our own family tradition?"
Her brother, Nathan, blinked once. Twice, for thinking that his sister had gone mad. "Well, we'd be in trouble!"
"Oh, not this time."
Nathan waited, as the girl, Em, placed a finger on her chin. She affixed her gaze to the ceiling like it would give her the answer she'd wanted. After a few minutes, Em listed every event that seemed gibberish to him. Not...

WILD

To Be Wild

The eyes of interest
Full of lush greenery 
The pattern of my hushed mind
Turns to an unreal scenery
Pillows soar across a blue ocean
Above me like heaven
A tender lull of a blow
Tickles my skin
Awhile the flowers grow
My shouts come out from within
Birds sing and flutter
Along with the wind, making me fluster
The tunnel of light
Descends from the orange hues
And at the end of daylight,

Prisoners of Kings

I gallop my way to the dais that elevates to the throne. It separates me, a minor girl, and a valuable king. There is a difference between value, that the barbarity of every choice the king makes will never be opposed. Considering his status, he might never retire his position nor bequeath the throne to his own son. I pant.
    The king glowers and I clear my throat. A prickle of disdain shows, his lip tugging upward, underestimating. "This  is what you give me?" He emphasizes me.  The highlight he states edges me with a devaluing paving. This, as in me, is all I have. The dirt scattered on my face. The rags draping over my naked body. The pain I still contain from limping on bare concrete. The sensation comes after, impacting, and shoots up my arms and legs. The specks of soil on my lashes drop, strolling down from my smudged cheeks. And...

Like Everything Else

Like a tree
My roots claw at the ground
I stand firmly

Like the sun
My smile reaches everyone to warm them 
From the cold
I beam brightly

Like the pen
I spill my thoughts
On something so blank
I speak clearly

And I feel free.

Perfection

If everything was perfect, would there even be something to write?

Chapters and Pages

Books were an intriguing palace full of chandeliers and candelabras.
I've seen them in different wonders, as though I were an adventurer venturing through the catacombs of skeletons. I'd always scurry to the library, paying a visit. For me, a book would always be the dream I've always carried, a friend who'd understand, and a life that states that fires can die, but the impact would always stay.

Messsages

My head encircles around an indelible time

The one where I knew what felt mine

The home I'm lucky to find

The song I could rewind 

It felt like the world was ours

Even when we talked for hours

We'd look at all these beautiful flowers

Even when we were locked in our towers 

We flew high with our visionary wings 

Even you knew we felt like kings

Looking back at these little things

They fill the sky with enlightened glitterings    

Our strong friendship never ceases to impart

And it's something because you never seem to depart

Distance and blood might've kept us apart

But you know it was never by heart 

Messsages

The one where I knew what felt mine

The home I'm lucky to find

The song I could rewind 

It felt like the world was ours

Even when we talked for hours

Even when we were locked in our towers 

We flew high with our visionary wings 

Even you knew we felt like kings

Looking back at these little things

But never by heart 

The Broken Hymn of A Pen

The hollering edge of a blank paper enfolds itself with silence.

I sit ever so still, a conflict coalescing into a catastrophe. An unsettling, languorous air pervades the entire room.

Even if the carpets provide tranquility,

My pillows supporting an excruciating ache,

The clothes, a reminder of fragility. 

And the sun, comforting everyone's wake.

Some say I daydream,

But it's something I don't deem.

All I have are roses,

And the door I once knew closes.

Before Winter Break

Finals, Finals, Finals
My head is spinning in spirals!
Study, study, study
Right now I'm feeling unlucky
Flashcards and study guides are due?!
The best I could do was review!
Oh, I'm getting stressed
Please, let me be blessed
For the necessary knowledge required
On this 2 hour test that's left me tired
Oh, I hope I don't fail
I'm already looking pale
Right now I have faith and hope
Wait... ok, I know how to find the slope
Hold on, what is screen in Spanish again?
Ugh, why do they think I'm smart with the knowledge I attain?!
Well, hope don't fail me now
 I might as well try to pass this test... somehow.

Rewriting The World: An Impassable Facade

He's coming. 

Both the boy and I panicked for what seemed like a second. And the silhouette of a prodigious man appeared, his eyes seizing mine immediately. The growl of his voice shifts into a low tone, allowing me to stumble and fall. 

His figure perforates my hope into pieces, as the boy reluctantly pays heed to his instruction. "Who is this small girl, C?"

In this room, the air was heavy with languor. The Mayor abhorred anything that differed. His look entirely made out of disdain, noticing the aspiration I've delivered.

"I don't know her name, Mayor."

This man with full authority turns to me, "What is it?"

"K-Kat."

"Kat," he snorts, as though my name had been an object of ridicule. "Anyone would've given me a comical lie, than some irksome truth." 

The luminosity of a unifying future grows dimmer. Stop this, please.
...

Promise

The light of a candle flickers, the darkness slowly engulfing my figure. 

The yearning for a promise led me to a broken record, an interminable loop left to haunt me. An intimacy that was once so full of exuberant possibilities shifted into the quake of a whirlwind. 2,000 miles meant nothing, but it somehow meant something. You promised by the time we've gained 5 artificial roses, we'd meet. Although, the promise did include about how those rose could wither. Even if they were inauthentic, they still had beauty and value. I don't know if your roses withered, but I anticipate the answer that you'll say yes to meet again.

Ever so slowly the light of a candle ceases to provide any warmth or longing. The record abstains itself from repeating a hopeful beat. 

The yearning for a promise faded.
Then I realize that we faded.

After 12

The night blows its forbidding breeze. 

Within the walls of my bedroom, my mind envisions a smile of his. One that made everything fade. One that arrests my attention with ease. 

Within the halls of my school, my head tumbles over a future with him. Promises and hopes that are prolific in my thinking. But the probabilities of crossing paths again were slim.

Forlorn figures encompass me. Medicament, drama, and money. Now I long for his hilarity, to take me out of their ill mentality.

As I stroll down to Starbucks, I feel the urge to run amok. To scream, to cry, to let it all out. 

When I'm the middle of class, I dig deep into another part of myself. Every story I hold, of my own, stays on my bookshelf. I keep them all in, but I take them all out. All I'm left with is false...

Genocide

Subdue and abuse,
Mercy and love, you'll refuse,
Crushing souls were merely just for fun,
Now stop, 
You don't want to get dunked on,
Your cruelty can't come undone,
I beg you to spare their lives,
Consider twice before committing your crimes,
Consider trying to be kind,
Otherwise, you'd rather have a bad time,
I got no puns to tell 'ya, kid, 
Because what I say is true,
That this joke will be on you.

Rewriting The World

"Can you hear me?" 

Hope enlightens his face, a plastering beam to me. "Hi," he says.

"Hey," I reply, with an itch to decry this unvaried world. "You... read the same book?"

"The one that catches my very attention." He adds, "And yours, too."

He fixed me a beseeching look. "Every flower dies. Every bird flies. Every person can despise."

I continue his seemingly uncomplete speech. "Emotion can humanize. Music can harmonize. Stories can be improvised."

"Is that even possible?" he asks. A thought everyone contemplated. A doubt that can make everything seem fated. A fantasy everyone waited.

"It is," I say, aware that I never left anything unsaid.

"Don't ever leave me unheard. Storms might've whirled." Silence deafens our ears. 

"I want to rewrite the world." 

Rewriting The World

Can you hear me? 

A queer sensation. Streets stifled by acrid fumes. No one noticed.    

The same label engraved on every book cover.

Blue pigments layered every clothing. Commanding looks glued to each of their own page and pace, as fumbling satins strip in tatters.    

Internal whimpers echoed inside my head, while my eyes glued to my book. 

Adorned with stars, adventure, and a maroon hue, my book remained absorbing. 

Enclosed by the lull of a fully invented world, a manifold of uncertainties delivered a sense of incitement.

My hitching on a formidable glass, I glanced over. My eyes peruse through forbidding books varying in different colors. 

This was the archive, owned by The Mayor of this unchanging town. Behind a counter is a boy. 

He read the same book, and I dashed inside. The bell rang through and through until both of our...

After 12

The night blows its forbidding breeze. 

As my I stroll down to Starbucks, I feel the urge to run amok. To scream, to cry, to let it all out. 

When I'm the middle of class, I dig deep into another part of myself. Every story I hold, of my own, stays on my bookshelf. I keep them all in, but I take them all out. All I'm left with is...

Ecstacy

Fulfilling the simplest goals with avidity.

Choosing your own path while others unify in a coterie of egotistical spirits.

Pouring every fiber of your being into something you love, rather than seeking for prestige, influence, and authority.

Accumulating every thought to record every new idea.

Constructing a picturesque image of a future, knowing how to get there with convoluted arguments, and grasping onto that thought.

Ignoring those who are vexations to my mind instead of feeding them with gossip.

Willing to give your hardest efforts, even with a crestfallen figure, and you will raise your head in triumph.

Ready to tread among the dirt with new shoes and tied laces.

Determined to move forward in labyrinthine mazes, filled with dead ends and frustration.

Gripping onto the feeling ambition, acknowledging the light inside you is still burning.

Now smile. Smile, because no one will.

Ecstacy

Willing to give my hardest efforts, even with a crestfallen figure, and I’ll raise my head in triumph.

Now smile. Smile, because no one will.

Ecstacy

Pouring every fiber of my being into something you love, rather than seeking for prestige, influence, and authority.

Now smile. Smile, because no one will.

Untitled (Haven't come up with a title yet) Chapter 1

Estrella’s Europa, which Cerise hacks, revolves around Earth. [She] remains to be missing after the massacre of 2018, otherwise, she may be deceased of the virus outbreak--- the same information is shared with her family, according to her records.
-History of Entity #567,083.
  Cerise clicks on a new tab on her computer for the latest press releases and disables her visual screen of her cell port phone. For every hour, she would turn her cellport on again to clarify the classified files on her background status to try and connect to the satellite of Earth to get access to the surveillance. Yet again, her eyes whirl by the flash of complicated coding to decipher in order to read the exclusive news online and Estrella’s records. Great, she thinks, just great.  She sees the time, turning to the clock, a quarter before 7 strikes. She isn’t hungry so she darts her gaze to the bottom of the Archives, where she lives...

Storm: My Sister

The acrid air seeps into my lungs. My sister dives down the slope where The Clock rests. The smell singes my nose, refraining me to scream her name. It isn’t safe here, so I have to get to her. The ground pounds, shuddering. That’s when I realize the streets were forced into trembling.

I have to get her out of here. A new kind of panic recoils and I dash for her. My feet sweep to her, my attention always flickering to her back then to the abandoned streets. She careens to her left, where the Water was. A portion of the ground emerges, forming a bulge. The rocks integrated, and they were debris from the old houses. They were broken. I swim out of focus, eyes brushing for only my sister.    

In the quake, I follow her, when a faint hum of a crackling laughter of boulders pricks my ears. When I crane my neck, there she is....

My December Competition

Underneath The Amber Lights of December

As a child, Christmas was a celebration of fireworks, presents, and festive atmospheres. 
    I envisioned trudging through the snow and a prickly season of vivacious lighting, Santa Claus soaring across the sky with his reindeers. This was my picturesque imagination, one that I haven't seen. What I've witnessed with wide eyes is beyond what I expected.
    Trees full of glinting artifacts, honking cars, youthful shrieks, and booming music were enough to make my Decembers memorable. Families crowded, reunited, and drew their eyes to the sky in anticipation. And then there were sudden lights, welcoming every sparkle for everyone to adore.     
    Boom! Boom! Boom!

Once they dimmed, there followed by other vibrant colors. My eyes beamed at the scene as the sound roared with vehemence. A taciturn breeze from the West blew, pricking our skin, but that didn't matter. Food scattered the table. Big, lustrous eyes glinted with ardor.
    Christmas turned into a flickering light...

My December Competition

Underneath The Amber Lights of December

Boom! Boom! Boom!

A Song, A Lullaby

Kings and Thieves fill the city
They run amok and others get filthy
But don't let it bring you down
I wouldn't like to see you frown

They'll drench you in chains
Emotions, they'll feign
But don't let them get you
Let them go and bid them adieu

Pain will scare
Darkness will dare
But don't be afraid
I'll be your barricade

Knives will gleam
Your blood will scream
Please, don't give in
You'd hurt your own skin

Your eyes will deceive
Your heart will believe
Beware of those who crave
Stand up and be brave

I cradled you in my arms
I woke up just to see no harm
A smile flashes across your face
A smile that dances with grace

Forlorn flashes in your eyes
Pain hurts, and I notice your cries
Pleads have escaped you
And I was there just to see

I'm sorry...
Don't leave. Not yet.

I Love You.

Her

A hush descends upon a dark night, lulling me to sleep. When her groans grow to a sudden plea, I rush to her. She cries, tears start falling. Agony is flashing across her face, as I call for Mom. I knock on her for what feels like the millionth time. I tell Mom about her pain. When I hitch my back to the door, Mom dashes to her, and my hands clasp for prayer. Please, help her. We don't wanna lose her. Who's going to greet me after school? Who's going to flash me the sweetest smile? Who's going to feed me words of wisdom when I need it? Please, don't take her away.  I bawl my eyes out, though a river of moonlight streams from my window. I cry even harder. And harder. When I finish, my head swims through the worst scenarios. Please, no. I pray in my head, so I'm uncertain. Mom calls, "Sweetie, we're going to...

Ten Words to You

Where I Live

Suburban area, blooming leaves, with a bleak midwinter day.

Moving On

We said Hello the first time we met.
The moment the weight of the world struck, you held me tight. The world crumbled but you're still by my side. When I dreamed, there's always light. Although this is true, you're just a boy. A boy with dark mysteries. Concealed. 
You always had the wittiest comments. But they all make my best moments. 
We bid each other Goodbye, the last time we smiled.
The moment we felt our absences, you came to me. I roamed blindly in darkness but you still helped me see. When I dreamed, there's only a rose. I kept it for a year. Now, for two. The petals didn't fall, but that's because I'm holding onto it.
We came to a conclusion, the last time we ever talked.
The moment you begged me to stay, I stood by you. A tunnel of light welcomed me in, and I hoped that happened to you too. When I dreamed,...

Without The Other

There's no sweet when there's no bitter
There's no happiness when there's no sadness
There's no good when there's no bad
There's no love when there's no pain
There's no sun with no moon
There's no day without night
There's no use searching for the light
When you can't even find the darkness

Without the other, there's nothing.

Afraid

I didn't say anything.
    She insisted that I leave, though I couldn't. Her hand trembled with worry and anticipation. She spoke, but her voice drowned in a soundless cry. "Sweety, why are you crying?"
    My cheeks reddened as I whimpered. "I--- I am NOT!"
    My voice cracked, and her face shaped a wistful smile. Hitching herself to the hospital bed, her breathing evened, puckering her lip. She wanted to say something but lacked the courage. My tongue grew weak, as I embraced myself in the corner of the room. There was a gap between us. The distance enlarged as something I didn't dare let go. It hurt as much as it pained her.
    When her voice blared, I called for a nurse. "ANYONE! PLEASE!" 
    My voice resonated, bouncing between echoing walls and marble flooring. Footsteps screeched with wheels, approaching faster. Through the formidable glass, I saw her. She...

First Love

Once upon a time, a girl sat on the edge of her seat, looking through the window. Outside rested castles, eddying fogs from faraway hills, and villages framed by the horizon. Despite the beauty of it all, her eyes don’t lay on those phenomena. She props her elbow on the window’s stool, palm rested on her cheek, as her gaze smiles at the boy with the ocean reflected in his eyes. She dances, a surge of glee coursing through the songs that chorused from the villages.     

Hollow

Summer in August, almost Fall

I go to a blank page, before me, and it stares back at me. For some reason, its voice echoes,     ​What do you write? And I pour everything from the first thought. A few seconds, I’m hesitant to even face the colorless paper on my screen. This was partially due to the lack of writing. Mainly, it was because I couldn’t bring myself to the character of my stories. The cataclysm of something unexpected to surely come chains me. It plunges me when I lunge forward when I try to go beyond my imaginations, or maybe it’s just a writer’s block. Lately, I was much of a reader, a fan of YA books. At some point, I note the descriptions of the setting, which doesn’t strike as a fascinating scenery.
    There was no one to criticize it, of course. My palms were coaxed from trembling over the keyboard. Now I bury my face in...

Nothing

He was the first love but I’m uncertain if he’s the last. He was this knight or prince I imagined, but I know he’s just a boy. He was funny, charming, special, and everything I dreamed of, but that’s how I wanted to see it. He was someone I never wanted to let go of, but that’s just me acting like a kid. He was someone I looked up to, but I realized he’s just like me: Human. He was someone I dreamt of with sunsets, but that was just a different reality. He was this person, a person who was so unpredictable that I cared what he thought about me, but I was just insecure. He was someone with the bluest eyes which I loved, but that was only a wonder I really loved. He was only one boy, but I decided to choose him instead. He was a facetious boy, always teasing with sarcasm, which always brightened my...

Deception

A winding staircase slope down into an engulfing void. Empty. Dim. Tension. I didn’t even know why I was here. I evened my breathing or at least tried to. Blank walls stared back at me and appeared to seem hungry for my sanity until all I have left is dementia. Inside, I felt pressured, heartbeats hammering my chest every time I take one step down to nothing. Inimical ambiances were something more compared to peer pressure from most of your peers in high school. But this one’s different. No, this lashing aura casts out something darker, beyond inimical. I can feel it deeply. It wasn’t a connection, but it felt like I had a string to my chest that kept tugging me toward oblivion. I swam deeper, my body reluctantly dragging itself to walk into the darkest place I’ve seen.
    There was no smell, nor a sign that evinced that someone’s presence has lingered. My throat went dry. A...

Crimson Locks's 22 Likes

Electrics-2 by Randfurd_Kat

Published about 23 hours ago

Tomorrow by Laika

Published about 1 month ago

Braving Life (Chapter Three) by Kaitlyn ❄

Published 4 months ago

Electrics by Randfurd_Kat

Published 3 days ago

Stuff I think about by I.C. Fynnheart

Published 5 days ago

Midnight Violets by Number Two

Published 6 days ago

Welcome To Society by this_kid_is

Published 8 months ago

I Will Review by Kaitlyn ❄

Published 7 days ago

Advice to Novelists by LyraLynne

Published 12 days ago

Birthday Wish by squid_inks

Published 19 days ago

Hero Of Time by Foxmillionaire!

Published 3 months ago

More Wishes by Lee Fudge

Published about 1 month ago

Isolation by IdioticPenguin16

Published about 1 month ago

Parallel: Midnight Ocean - Chapter 1 by Crimson Locks

Published about 2 months ago

Without The Other by Crimson Locks

Published about 2 months ago

Seasonal Lover by head's in the clouds

Published about 2 months ago

Old Flame by clarino910

Published about 2 months ago

Deception by Crimson Locks

Published about 2 months ago

32 Likes from Others

Castle of Vines

Liked by 1 person

Noise

Liked by 1 person

Deception

Liked by 7 people

Celeste's Daughter: Chapter 3

Liked by 1 person

Chapters and Pages

Liked by 2 people

Celeste's Daughter: Chapter 2

Liked by 1 person

Differences

Liked by 2 people

The Letter

Liked by 1 person

Through Broken Windows

Liked by 1 person

To Be Wild

Liked by 2 people

Like Everything Else

Liked by 2 people

Prisoners of Kings

Liked by 1 person

Messsages

Liked by 1 person

The Broken Hymn of A Pen

Liked by 1 person

Don't Say It

Liked by 1 person

Before Winter Break

Liked by 2 people

Genocide

Liked by 1 person

Rewriting The World

Liked by 1 person

After 12

Liked by 1 person

Without The Other

Liked by 3 people

Moving On

Liked by 2 people

First Love

Liked by 3 people

Nothing

Liked by 1 person

Roses And Thorns

Liked by 3 people

Reunited

Liked by 1 person

Wings

Liked by 2 people

Good neighbor

We like your photo and your biography.

Earned 5 days ago

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned about 1 month ago

Follower

You're following over five other writers.

Earned about 2 months ago

Supporter

You're following over 10 other writers right now.

Earned about 2 months ago

Admirer

You've followed over twenty other writers!

Earned 13 days ago

Leader

You're being followed by over five other writers!

Earned about 2 months ago

Power writer

Do you ever sleep? You've written over TEN THOUSAND WORDS.

Earned about 1 month ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned about 2 months ago

Prolific

You really are prolific - you've published over ten pieces already.

Earned about 2 months ago

Favoriter

Love your work - you've read and favorited over ten pieces published by others

Earned about 2 months ago

Popular penman

Very nicely done - you've got over ten favorites.

Earned about 1 month ago

Reviewer

You've reviewed!

Earned about 2 months ago

Competitor

Thanks for entering a competition.

Earned about 1 month ago

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Patron inactive

Become a patron of writers - follow over thirty of them.

Pro reviewer inactive

Submit over five reviews and get that Pro Reviewer feeling.

Super star inactive

Get your writing career glittering with more than thirty followers.

Top critic inactive

Submit over fifteen reviews and you'll be a top critic.