37120515 2074179806233861 7233010709292908544 o

Eshita

An aspiring 16-year old poet who wants to perform from the little voice of her heart. Literature enthusiast, owner of a terrifyingly small YouTube channel. (kalakardais.com)

Hey guys! I first started writing to join the genre of famous fan-fiction of many people, but ended up discovering poetry and spoken word! I really found my niche by just exploring, and so can you! I hope visiting this page and other writers like me and our works will inspire you to be the best writer within yourself!
(kalakardais.com).

Peer Reviews

Four Seasons

Hi! I really like this piece, and I hope you keep working on it! Just go over my highlights, that's where most of my feedback is, but I think this has a really good potential of being a short story piece. I hope all my feedback helped you understand how a reader might interpret your story! Happy writing!

Myself and My Self

PROMPT: Without Sight

Hi! Can I just say I love your premise and description throughout this entire piece? It's so original, and your voice and description style is so unique that it completely enamoured me into the story. I have highlighted some places where the transitions were a bit weird, but that may be just me. I hope you keep working on this piece, and I hope my feedback helped you! Happy writing!

Simply Not

PROMPT: "The Sky in Your Mouth"

Hi! I really like this! If you decide to continue working on this, I would suggest you could make this a proper poem, because your definitions are already very well connected! I love your perspective and description power, so keep that in mind as your strength in writing future pieces! I do hope my highlights help you understand how a reader might perceive your piece, and I cannot wait to see where this piece goes! Happy Writing!

The Power of beauty

PROMPT: Forward Backward

'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.' You truly embody this in the poem, and it is well on its way to becoming a final piece. I have suggested some things in my highlights, but those are just my suggestions. I think delving into more poetry would really help you see how poets structure words and phrases with literary techniques to bring out their message. Picking up a random poet (though I feel someone like E.E. Cummings would really appeal to you :D) and really noting it in your mind what you like about their style can often be the launchpad for your own ideas as well! I cannot wait to see where this piece goes, and hope my feedback helped! Happy Writing! P.S: if you're really looking into E.E. Cummings, my favourite poem by him is 'pity this busy monster, manunkind.' :)

A Longing For Numbers

PROMPT: Personal Narrative Competition 2018

Hi! Firstly, I felt like every word of yours spoke out at me, and I simply loved reading this! I hope whatever feedback I gave (which was very little; but then again, this is very close to a final draft) helps you in curating this piece to something better. I have highlighted some things, and basically written how I reacted to the story, and sometimes knowing that perspective could help your piece as well! I can't wait to see where this piece goes, until then, Happy Writing!

Changer

Hi! Firstly, thank you for writing such a wonderful piece. I feel the story is strong, it is a good narrative, but missing that personal touch. I feel right now, your tone is detached like you are describing an inspiration in your life. More reflection and scene details would help immensely in making this story about how she impacted you! I love your structuring in the story, and hope you keep working on this! I can't wait to see the final piece that goes to the competition! I hope my feedback (mentioned in highlights) also helps you understand how a reader reacts to your story hile reading it! Happy writing!

From Ashes

Hi! I really really liked your piece. I hope my feedback helps you to draft this piece to a more final submission. Your story is unique, and I feel everyone can learn something from reading it. Thank you for sharing this story, it's not easy to talk/write about personal hurdles in life, and talk about hitting rock bottom. However, I feel that this piece is beautifully structured and written and I absolutely loved reading it! Hope my feedback and suggestions help you! Happy writing!

Falling

Hi! I was really glad you messaged me asking for a review! I cannot believe I hadn't read any of your pieces before; your writing style is really unique! I hope my feedback helped you with this piece, and I cannot wait to see where it goes. most of my feedback is in the highlights, but I have listed some suggestions below as well :) Firstly, I would like you to try out spoken word! I feel like the repetitive rhythms you try to create and your unique descriptions could really be great in performances. You could also link an audio file, or google drive link if you need feedback on your performance; I would be happy to help you where needed! Secondly, I do feel like more exploration in poetry could help you improve your writing even more, and you can then be enabled to use your skills more effectively. Pick up your favourite poets, or explore new genres within poetry (war poetry is my personal favourite) and sometimes, the skills they use can be the launchpad to discovering your voice and expressing your ideas. Lastly, I cannot wait to see where this piece goes; until then, Happy Writing!

I Have a Plan (LMAP)

Hi! Firstly, I love the structure and writing style you have used in this piece. It is really clever and manages to not reveal anything about the plot, but readers feel a strange satisfaction in familiarizing themselves with these characters! Secondly, I do feel like the piece could use more background description. You are narrating in the third person, so stories with that narration typically focus on external actions and details, that you have done in places, but not consistently enough. I would love to know small details giving away the kind of locality they are in, what they are considering to be dangerous, full of predators. Even if it's a dark alley, I want to read about it. With your strong descriptions, I'm sure that it will add positively to the story. Lastly, I cannot wait to hear about these characters again, and do hope you write more about them soon and hope my feedback helped you! Happy writing!

An Ode To The Internet//Letter of Despise to Screens

PROMPT: Unplug

Hello! I love this piece a lot. It has real potential as something like a spoken word piece! I think it needs more punctuation in a few places and stronger details, some of which I have highlighted in the piece. I can't wait to see where this piece goes, and I hope my feedback came of some help to you as well! Happy writing!

Untold Stories

Hi! Firstly, I love your piece! It is about a topic I don't read much about and are indeed "Untold Stories"! Your descriptions and use of colloquial language make your piece very relatable to the reader. I have highlighted some suggestions and reactions to reading your piece. I hope that helps you understand how a reader sees your piece, and what goes through their mind. Sometimes, knowing that perspective can help you improve the piece and develop your own message as well! I can't wait to see where this piece goes :) Happy writing!

how can i tell her

Hi! Firstly, I am in love with your word choice. Your epithets throughout the poem are so effective and concise. It felt like a spoken word piece/song in parts, so if you are open to that, I think this piece could work very well as that as well. Secondly, you have a very unique structure in this poem: that is doesn't follow any. It gives the piece a jarred, broken feel, just like the narrator and his aching desires. Keep these strengths in your mind while writing, it could lead to newer ideas and fresher perspectives! I would suggest you wonder what you want this piece to be. Like I mentioned, the other forms like spoken word are just a suggestion; it is up to your discretion. however, I can't wait to see where this piece goes. I hope my feedback and reaction in the highlights help you understand what a reader takes away from your poem! Happy writing!

erase it please

Hi! I really love this piece so much. I can't wait to see where this piece will go. I would really like if you would consider something like a spoken word piece for this and attach it as a google drive link or youtube link. Your style is confusing for a reader, and THAT'S why it sticks with them, because of the context in the piece. Sometimes, these sentence structures can work, and this piece is a perfect example. I hope my feedback helps you to work on this piece further! Happy writing!

The Life Cycle of Fire

PROMPT: Impermanence

Hello! I really like this piece, and I wanted to know what memory inspired this haiku for you? I love your structuring of the piece, and that is an obvious strength that you have. I hope you keep writing more haikus, and that this prompt allowed you to explore that in depth! I hope my feedback also helped you realise what a reader would specifically like about your piece. Happy writing!

A Minor Taboo

PROMPT: Filled with Tomatoes

Hi there! I absolutely loved this piece and your take on it! I hope you keep working on this, and I hope my feedback helped somewhere with it! It takes the happenings in today's world and puts it into a unique spotlight. It's a clever piece, and you have handled it brilliantly, with your use of concise yet effective adjectives and near-perfect breaks as well. Great job and happy writing!

here

I really like your piece! I love unconventional writing styles in pieces, and this is an amazing example. The lack of punctuation and capitalization is something I would love to explore in my writing, and this is such a great starting point. I'm glad you shared this on the website, and can't wait to see what this piece evolves to. I hope my feedback helped you recognize the strong points in your piece and work from there. Happy writing!

The School in Germany

PROMPT: Screech. Hiss. Charge.

I really like that you chose a school. Many people wouldn't choose it simply because it is so over-written about, but you manage to bring a nice twist to it with your conclusion. I love how you balance that irony with a perfectly normal description of the school. I do hope you work further on this piece because it could develop into a really nice, introspective essay at the same time. Read through my highlights, and remember: surprise the reader with your details. They should feel part of this hectic scene with you! Happy writing :)

The Reaper and Her Lover

I really liked this piece. You bring out the common nuances of life and Death in a very unique way. It is very close to being a final short story piece. I would encourage you to read through my highlights. I did feel like the sentences were a bit too short in places, but a small change in your use of transitions should fix it. Your descriptions are very powerful and unique, keep using that in your other writing as well! I can't wait to see where this piece will go. Happy writing!

The Oddity of a Pigeon in a Bowl

PROMPT: More than Birds

Hi! I really liked this piece! It was something I was not expecting at all, honestly, and that for me is the best part of it. Your descriptions are innocent, yet bring about a sense of awareness that are the qualities of being an older child, of that transition age that you present. I like how it is a reflection toward the end and is really effective. I love how you have hinted at night in the second half of your story to the probable death of the pigeon, and I would encourage you to use this technique to your advantage. This is called 'pathetic fallacy'. What season/time was it? Was it hot or cold? For example: maybe the brother hit him in the morning? It often signifies new beginnings in literary works, and come across to the reader as a lesson the narrator is learning as she wrote this, or is thinking over it. Many authors like Charles Dickens often use this technique to set the mood and give subtle hints about the story. In my opinion, it would be another clever addition given your unique descriptions and flow of the piece. I can't wait to see where this piece goes :)

Attack Of The Wasps

PROMPT: Room of Memory

Hi! I hope my highlights and comments might help you in working through drafts. Your writing is very reminiscent of many stream of consciousness writers. I mostly encounter them in fiction, but some of them like James Joyce and Virginia Woolf use them to get a life-like engagement from readers, which i also experienced particularly in the escaping from the wasps part of your story; it's cartoony feel really got a smile on my face, but I also felt the pain you were feeling because of your effective descriptions. I can't wait to see where you go with this piece, and I hope my feedback and suggestions aren't too harsh. I love the title, by the way (I hate insects in general so I feel your pain), it's simple and to the point, which is perfect in the context of the piece.

The Crossroad for Imagination

PROMPT: Travel Writing Competition 2018

Hi! I can't wait to see where this piece goes. I hope my suggestions and feedback help you in working toward a final draft (which I think it is pretty close to). I love your vivid and fluid descriptions throughout the piece. Your spotlight on the building forces me not to think about anything else, yet you make it feel like it is the identity of the people in Loveland. I love this piece, keep writing on WtW :)

Success

PROMPT: Where I'm From

I love this piece a lot! I have some suggestions on basic structure highlighted and in the first question, but the truth is: I was not expecting this piece. And it was certainly so clever in application and execution, that I had to read it twice just to grasp with how I felt about it, because I come from similar privilege, and that (I believe) is the very point of this piece. Great job! Can't wait to see where you go with this piece!

To the Galaxies I was Before

PROMPT: FACT

Hi! I really like this piece. I'm glad you decided to write on here, I promise, it's fun :P I love the themes you try to bring out through this piece, that almost takes the form of a musing, managing to grip a reader into your thoughts and experiences. You do so by building an amazing amount of description, using extensive visual imagery, which plays out to the advantage of the poem. However you decide to proceed with this draft, I can't wait to see that, or more writing from you! I personally loved the title as well, it is intriguing and plays out really well with the content!

Space camp

Hi! I hope my highlights and comments really help you get that scholarship! I truly think there is a lot to dig up and place on paper, which you should never be afraid of. You have a unique story, just place that on the paper. In today's world, it is tough enough to stand out where everyone loves the sciences, but you are truly interdisciplinary, and I would love for you to tell your story of discovery, of falling in love with both these fields. Try to shift your entire story all throughout these answers, and help understand to the camp that you will use some of their unique features as well. Mention these features specifically: that always helps them to understand what attracted you to this program. Please don't think of these edits as harsh, I really love your other writing on here, and I just want some more story to come through :) I know thinking of all this is tough, (believe me, I'm applying for college now) but all these kinds of places want to see is your personal journey, and you, frankly, bolstering them as the true saviour to your life and the things you want to do (lmao). I wish you the best of luck with this scholarship, I'm really gunning for you to get it! If you want more advice, I can always help :D

An Old Man

I think I definitely see what happens in this scene. Your imagery is creative, unique and you don't lose the smidge of the plot you introduce in the story as well. I can definitely see and feel through your words. A suggestion: there are many kinds of imagery, not only ones that can make a reader see or feel what you're trying to make them feel. Engaging any of the five senses is a kind of imagery. Describing sounds, tastes, smells can lead to a reader being completely immersed in your story, which is really what I would suggest if that is your aim. Involving a combination of it keeps a reader alert as your story progresses as they are hit with a new creative combination of sensory imagery. Even so, this was brilliant, and your imagery skills are really great! I hope you use it in your future pieces with confidence!

Ocean's Givings.

PROMPT: Given First Line

I cannot wait to see where this piece goes! I'm glad you decided to start writing on here, the community is indeed fantastic, and I'm sure will give the feedback you need. Focus on your strength of creative thinking, and carry it through your plotlines. I think the title is what really grabbed me in, the first paragraph maybe making it into a pirate's tale, or of fishing tales like Moby Dick, but it took such a complete twist, I loved it! I do think the structure and sentences could be improved on, but for a first draft, this is commendable. Keep writing!!

Broken Heart: Prologue

Hi! This is an extremely short paragraph, so the only feedback I have for you is to read some other fiction books, and see the format in which they have written an introduction. Also, an epilogue is the conclusion to the story; I'm sure you're referring to this as the prologue of your story. As a reader, I want to see more about the story's characters in a prologue. I need an introduction to where the story is taking place, who are the main characters, and what the future plotline may hold. This is very effective as the blurb (summary) of the final piece you're working on, but as a prologue, it leaves me wanting more. I would highly encourage you to start writing your book and publish whatever you can here. The community is indeed amazing and will give you the feedback you need. I cannot wait to read this book. I would also suggest adding your personal touch to a Young Adult story like this one. As a reader who normally reads books like these, this is a pretty standard plot. But I can see through your other pieces like the Violinist, that you can add that unique touch. As a reader, I want to see that unique touch in your summaries and in your prologue. Just let your writing flow naturally, and I'm sure with your strengths, you will be able to work through drafting this novel. Writing a book is a BIG accomplishment, and I respect you for that, and I can't wait to see where this goes :D

Where I'm From

PROMPT: Where I'm From

This piece leaves me a little bittersweet, and very speechless. It brings out the very common theme of identity in a very unique way, and I love the fresh perspective you put on it! There are some parts which I relate to, connect with, and that may differ from reader to reader, but it still leaves them contemplative at the end, which is indeed pretty brilliant. This reminds me of a spoken word piece almost, would you be open to trying that? I feel like whatever I go through in my life, the stage is always a safe place to help others feel like they are not alone, and that is what this piece makes me feel. This could evolve into something so much greater that everyone needs to hear! Great job :)

Owner of the Night

PROMPT: Human, Water, Night

I love this piece a lot! As I said, you have a strength of keeping things really enigmatic in your descriptions. I like the fresh perspective on the night, and I can't wait to see where this piece goes in your future drafts!

Fate

PROMPT: Beginish

This piece was a very enjoyable read! I really loved the format of the entire thing. You have a strength of creating unique plotlines and having a fresh perspective on things another would rather leave alone. Take that strength for your future pieces, or for working on this one! I would really like to see this as a longer novel, where after each event we maybe see an interlude into the present. I can't wait to read what you decide to do :) I loved the theme of how people's lives are so interconnected and dependent on each other, and how all that ultimately leads to fate. It's a grim association to the concept of fate, where one would ascribe it to love or friendship or wealth, you ascribe it to a horrible loss, which I think gives a wonderful shock to readers at the end, leaving them to contemplate. Great job!

Winter

PROMPT: Improbable Flavor

You have a strength of evoking strong visual imagery within a reader. I hope you keep using this strength in future pieces! Happy writing!

the essence of you

PROMPT: Paint Swatch

i love your writing style a lot! can't wait to read other pieces from you! keep writing :D

Liquidity

PROMPT: Word

BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA I LOVEEE! I really like everything I have said above! Great job, keep writing :D

coffee

I love coffee, and because I do, I am instantly put into the aroma, the scene of a typical café, and this piece just comes off beautifully to me. I would love for more dynamic engaging into the smell and flavour of coffee and relating it to 'you' as well. I know it's cliched to go after something like the smell and taste of coffee, but I think with your unique perspective and standpoint, you can pull it off wonderfully! Can't wait to see where this piece goes!

interlude

It's truly a piece I would read to clear my mind, or while drinking my tea next to the window. It's a light piece but leaves a lot to think for. I cannot wait to see where your piece goes through your next drafts as well! I always follow these things: you should keep reading, not only this piece but other authors, other artists whom you love; it can truly be the launchpad to new ideas. For me, I love the way the poem unseemingly transitions from cold to warmth; focus on this strength of unique descriptions. Your perspective on the world is truly shown through your characters to lead to a memorable piece. I loved it!

The Night Doesn't End Until I Wake

I cannot wait to see where this goes! Is this going to be extended or is it going to remain a short story like this one? My only issues with it were a bit of punctuation but I don't blame you because this is a very long piece, so some errors could have been overlooked. See my highlights, I have highlighted a few such errors. As you work through your drafts for this story, remember to keep reading other authors who inspire you. Their stories and descriptions can often be the launchpad to new ideas. Also, focus on your strength of strong unique descriptions, and keep writing!

Escape

I cannot wait to see where this piece goes in the future! Focus on your strengths of keeping a reader engaged in your story. Your techniques of keeping the story and plot alive and making it seem not cliched is a true skill to be admired :) I would suggest you read the work of some famous thriller authors like Lee Child, or even James Baldacci to really see how they weave suspense into the core of their story. Sometimes I find reading other authors work to be a step further in the path of discovering my own voice, and can be the launchpad of a completely new idea. Reading over it once or twice can eliminate the few grammatical errors you have made, and I have highlighted a few. I also know that this is a part of the story, but some background and further detailing on why the character is there in the first place would be helpful. But remember, that this piece is awesome, and could be the part of something so much more amazing :)

Reset Button

I love this! You have a strength of using repetition and the use of the question words " how" and "what" to really wrap a fresh perspective onto your poem. Focus on these strengths, as you have, for your future pieces as well! I would also suggest exploring some rhyme schemes or patterns in your next pieces. It is always helpful to keep dipping your feet in the techniques' pool, and it could be the launching pad for some truly impactful writing. Good job with this piece, it was a tremendous read :D

Stardancer

Hi! I really liked this poem! I love the story it tries to weave for its audience. I also love the wide appeal it would have across all ages: which is a feat in itself. I would suggest that if you are going for a story in the format you have, a beautiful rhythm develops in my minds as I read it. Therefore, a suggestion: how about adding a few more consistent rhymes? It's just my opinion, but I think it would really help the poem flow better. For example, in stanza 4, you build a wonderful rhythmic feel in the first three lines, but it drops in the fourth, not packing quite the punch an end-of-stanza line usually does with rhyme schemes. All in all, however, this is a wonderful and sweet little story, and I can't wait to see where this piece goes in the future :)

​Silence

PROMPT: No Pause for Breath

I really like this poem! I would love to see this as an extended piece someday; can't wait to see where you go with this! I feel like a whole story could be built around this. Focus on your strengths of bringing an effective description across in a few lines. This strength could be a foundation to make future pieces or on improving this one :) sometimes a prompt like this can be the launching pad for a new piece!

Wars

PROMPT: Poetry and Spoken Word Competition 2018

I love this poem, it really played into my inherent love for war poetry. Some more inspiration for you could be either the poetry of Wilfred Owen or Micheal Mack or John McCrae. I find reading the poetry of poets who want to talk about similar topics improves my ability to talk about what I want to as well! You might not even read through their poetry, but remember your strengths of rhyming and stark language and apply that to weave the story and message you want your poetry to weave. Keep up the good work, I would love to see more writing in this style :)

Dear Childhood of Mine

This piece takes "lessons I learned from childhood" to a whole new level. Your repetitions, however, could be more inconsistent in nature. For example, you could repeat the same sentence in different ways to show the appeal you are trying to bring to the childhood self. In my opinion, it would truly personalize the sense of chaos that the childhood self is going through. Focus on your strength of really emotionally appealing to a reader, and let that be the foundation of your writing! Once you focus on what you know are your strengths, it can truly help transform your writing. However, this is a beautiful piece. I can't wait to see where you go with it in the future!

The Tears in the Back of the Class

I would love to see where you go with this piece! See the highlighted edits I made, and just consider them. However, you are the writer, and your style is unique, and your decisions would be the final. I love the effect it creates in what you are trying to say. You create an effect of being emotional and vocal through your writing. There is also the sense of a claustrophobia by the increasing number of questions asked toward the end: a commendable progression. Keep it up!

Run

PROMPT: Beautiful Run-On

I love this piece a lot! Please don't be disheartened by the feedback, I know it's a bit harsh, but your style is wonderful! I would also love if you could write this piece more completely, and publish it under free writing because it is worth being read.

Shakespearean Thoughts

This is amazing, and I hope the feedback helps :)

Nothing

This was a short simplistic piece which is beautiful! I really like it!

Insane

PROMPT: Place Poem

Amazing! really unique perspective on the place poem!

Love

PROMPT: Love in 13 Words

I love it so much! I can never seem to limit myself to limited word counts, and to think of this is truly awesome!

Poem? Song?

BeaUTIFul!!!!! I cannot even, I just feel so tranquil and yet amazed at the uniqueness and simplicity of it! love it!

Because You Asked Me How I Roll My 'R's

Brilliant! Truly awesome, great job.

refuge

PROMPT: Refuge

Did I mention how much I love this? Great job!

growing up

PROMPT: Solastalgia

this was amazing! Maybe you could write a specific memory, and make this more personalized! I really liked it!

Taken

This poem is truly beautiful and spine-chilling! I love it i love it i love it because it's so visual and fast-paced and full of tension it takes over you completely

Waiting, A Poem I Wanted To Write

Did I mention this was AmaziNG? gREAT JOB, I love relatable poems and this really struck a chord with me! I also hope this feedback gave you a little solace :)

K9

I love this, I keep imagining a happy doggo at the start and the piece just shifts into this cacophony of nonono it is awesome!

Home

PROMPT: Place Poem

Omg, this is so awesome! I don't even care that this was not only listing throughout, because it gives you such a homely feel, it's great!

Chemistry

Did I mention this is awesome, and totally not what I was thinking it would be? (been studying chemistry for the past week now for a test, don't blame me!)

Their Songs

I immediately knew this was about Hamilton, and it left me so happy and content! The point still remains that even if someone does not quite understand the references, this is a carving of a beautiful story, put in perfect rhythm.

la rochelle

PROMPT: Place Poem

the last line is absolutely fine! It indeed sounds like a wonderful place! Keep writing, because your viewpoint is so unique!

Wishes

I always say this, but I admire people who can write prose that is engaging and lucid. I really hope there is more to Wishes, but if there isn't, its perfect because it makes me think about myself and all the wishes I would want to make, and question my belief of fate as well

the truth of pain

Great writing style! I loved this poem, and I keep hoping you write more like this, it's truly awesome!

Unwritten Books

I'm sure, the final draft of this would the amazing, and I would love it all the same even if you didn't change a bit of it. Great job!