Images

Rachel22

I love dogs, Disney movies (particularly Mulan), reading, volunteering, and writing obviously. I am vice president in my school's National Junior's Honor Society, and I love that. I hope to become an RN someday.

Some of my topics for writing come to me soon after reading a prompt or most of the time it is a random topic that hits me in the middle of the night. I hope you enjoy my writing, but please give me help if you thing that I need it.

Images

Rachel22 (United States) published:

Doo-Wops and Hooligans by Bruno Mars Album Review

PROMPT: Album Review Competition

October forth 2010 was a big day in entertainment. That was the day that Bruno Mars released his first album titled Doo-Wops and Hooligans. This album started his fame and success as a musician and it still remains, to this day, one of my favorite albums of all time. It combined aspects of '50s music that are almost nonexistent today (i.e. drawn out musical phrases and simple back round noise), with stories told through song that are extremely...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 7 hours ago

Images

Rachel22 (United States) reviewed:

Questions

You did a very good job on this piece!

1 day ago

Images

Rachel22 (United States) liked Questions by CreativeAngel (United States)

Images
1
1

Rachel22 (United States) published:

PROMPT: Album Review Competition

Seeking Peer Reviews

Images

Rachel22 (United States) reviewed:

The Music of Humanity

PROMPT: Album Review Competition

My only problem with this review is that you didn't stick to the 'thesis' that was at the start of your review. Your paragraph's went a little all over the place and could have been a little more condensed. Also...

Images

Rachel22 (United States) reviewed:

Where I'm From

Thank you for writing this. Some people needed to hear that it will get better. And some (like me) will totally agree with the fact that these bad memories make you feel stronger and less scared eventually.

Images

Rachel22 (United States) published:

Storum

PROMPT: Fernweh

Storum (n)(pronounced stor-dum) : Derived from the word musicorum and storum meaning magnificent music.

In a sentence:
    Rose listened to the storum that reverberated through the hall.
    The storum filled the critics ears. He was shocked that he liked it.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Images

Rachel22 (United States) reviewed:

Why I Write

PROMPT: Why I Write

What was the first book that you finished? Mine was in 3rd grade and it was The Land of Stories. Please keep writing and welcome to Write the World!

Images

Rachel22 (United States) liked My Christmas Angel by Flynn Smith (United States)

Images

Rachel22 (United States) published:

My Favorite Month

PROMPT: My December Competition

Every single year it's the same. It goes like a whirl wind. Everything seems to be going at the same time and it's all moving too fast. From December 1st I'm counting down the days until
1. Start of Hanukkah (the 12th this year)
2. Semester exams (The 20th-22nd this year)
3. My birthday (the 22nd as always) and...
4. Christmas (the 25th as always)
     These events make December my favorite month because almost all of the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Album Review Competition

October forth 2010 was a big day in entertainment. That was the day that Bruno Mars released his first album titled Doo-Wops and Hooligans. This album started his fame and success as a musician and it still remains, to this day, one of my favorite albums of all time. It combined aspects of '50s music that are almost nonexistent today (i.e. drawn out musical phrases and simple back round noise), with stories told through song that are extremely easy to relate to, all written in a couple different genres to appeal to many different ears. Artists that I have listened to since the release of this album have not topped it, even Bruno Mars' new songs and albums have not even come close to this album, due to the lack of variety in the song's stories and sound. It is a must to listen to this music.
    The name of this album seemed strange to me...

Album Review Competition

Fernweh

Storum

In a sentence:

My December Competition

My Favorite Month

4. Christmas (the 25th as always)
     These events make December my favorite month because almost all of the memories are positive and filled with laughter unlike many of the other months. 
    Hanukkah:
    I get this question a lot when I mention the start of this holiday. No, I am not Jewish. I was raised Catholic by my father, but when my parents got divorced in 2010 my mom chose to have us celebrate Hanukkah with her(she's Jewish). My parents had decided when they had children to raise them both religions, but my dad went...

Things people have said about me

-I don't try( said by multiple in my family)
-I'm a leader( said by many teachers)
-I work hard( also said by my teachers)
-I am pretty( said by multiple) 
-I am dramatic and start rumors(said by my ex friends)
-I am smart(said by many, many, many people)
-I write really well( said by my teachers)

Ten Words to You

My Home

Happy looking brick houses.
But don't go out at night.

Novel Writing Competition

The Same Face

Present Day:
    “Jonathan? Honey, who is this?” Scarlet asked while looking through photos, “This person looks like me, but I don’t remember taking this photo with you.” this is not the first time Jonathan had heard this question. Jonathan hated the process of wiping someone’s memory, but sometimes it needs to be done. Scarlet’s amber eyes widened in shock as a green light spread through the air as dye flows through water, from Jonathan’s hand to her head, collecting like a halo. Tears collected in Jonathan’s eyes as he saw her gaze glaze over and shut. He had about 45 minutes to gather all of his things before she wakes up with no memory of him or their time together. He picked up all of the photos that she had dropped and made sure to gather all of his clothes, for it would be alarming to anybody to wake up to a random person's clothes in your closet. One...

Flash Autobiography

The Water Park Drama

I am not a violent person. Please keep this in mind while I tell you this story. It was in the last week of 6th grade when I went to a water park near where I lived with my friends at the time. It was Clary( my best friend since 1st grade), Bree( I had just met her that year, but we were close), Elizebeth( Had known her since Kinder, but we were more friends because she was friends with my friends), and Kathy( She was close friends with Clary). Over all this was an okay group for me, I knew enough people to be comfortable. We stuck together for a long time until Clary, Bree, and Elizebeth got ahead of us in the lazy river. Then I was left with Kathy. I didn't know her well, but I made conversation with her pretty easily, thinking that we wouldn't have to talk for long. When we finished the...

The Peace of Wild Things

Where I Find Solace

The outside.
A place that unsettles me.
Filled with creepy crawlies.
Not a place I'm at peace.
Too much uncertainty.

The indoors.
A place that I find more comfortable.
Filled with people.
Still not a place that I'm at peace.
Too much society.

The library.
A place that I love.
Filled with dead trees covered in ink.
A place that I find peace.
Too much knowledge.
Which isn't a bad thing.

Truths and Untruths

My Wish List

• I wish that everything written and said was positive.
  • I wish people would respect others for what they are. They don't have to agree with them, just respect that they are human.
  • I wish everybody was happy with their job, friends, etc.
  • I wish people got rewarded for being good people in the real world.
  • I wish everybody felt loved.
  • Sometimes I wish people could read my mind. I sometimes can't get what I want to say past my lips.
  • I wish at least most men knew how to treat woman.
  • I wish harming animals wasn't a thing.
  • I wish everybody had something to say. Not just a bandwagon.
  • I wish (no matter how cliche) for world peace.

Dialogue Dexterity

Rosemary the Riveter

Rosemary woke with a start. The same nightmare has plagued her dreams ever since her husband had been deployed to Germany. She saw the war field where her loving husband, James, surrounded by smoke and the smell of gunpowder was bleeding out with a bullet wound to the heart, calling her name. The dreams always felt so real. The only reason she knew it wasn’t real was that when a soldier is killed in battle, their family is sent a telegram to tell them the news. She has been woken up, and she knows that she can now not fall asleep again. She got up seeing, thankfully, that today that she was woken soon before her alarm went off. Rosemary went through her normal morning routine; taking out her curlers, eating breakfast, pulling on her jumpsuit, and wrapping her signature red bandana around her chestnut hair. She walked to the plane bunker that was just a mile or so from...

What Would Our Escape Be?

Millions of letters pieced together in such a way that one's eyes cannot stop moving.
Thousands of words that describe the loved, loathed, and laughed at.
Hundreds of pages that bring forth vivid images of things that we can only dream of;
Friends we wish we had, enemies that we wish we won’t, and love that is too genuine to be real.

One hopes that the adventures within the pages could,
someday,
become a reality.
But then,
What would our escape be?

The Tiny Kitten

I just wanted to tell y'all a story about a little kitten that I bonded with today. She was a very young Siamese that was named Opal. We were waiting for my dog, Mater, to finish getting groomed at PetSmart and so we went to the Classy Cats table that we have volunteered for before. They didn't really need help, so we went to the room in the back where they kept all of the cats that can be adopted. It was there that I met Opal. She was in another volunteer's lap and she trained her blue eyes on us as we entered the room. I was with my mom and sister and we all were fawning over this itty bitty little beauty. My mom was handed the tiny kitten as we all sat on the bench in the room. I was in the middle, between my mom and Opal's cage. Opal wiggled herself out of my...

Year by Year

My Life Told I Memories

Year 1: I was born. We have been in the new house for 2 months now.
Year 2: Still in the same house. Recently met my doctor that I will know for a long time.
Year 3: The Terrible Threes. Writing on the walls extravaganza.
Year 4: My dad left me in the kitchen alone to take my allergy medicine. It tasted like bubblegum. Long story I took 4 and my dad never knew.
Year 5: I started Kindergarten. My teacher hated children. Children and parents hated her. She got fired.
Year 6: My parents got divorced. A very sad time. I didn't understand why.
Year 7: I love 1st grade, my teacher is the best.
Year 8: My teacher is harder on us, but she let us 'write books'. My first expedition in writing was called 'The Chicken Wing Brothers' Don't ask me why.
Year 9: My third grade teacher is a little bit creepy, but I thought he...

The Art of Specificity

The Art of Specificity

Rose sat at her desk.
    Rose sat at her freezing desk in the back of the room next to her best friend.
    Rose sat at her freezing desk in the back of the room next to her best friend, who was making fun of her crush on the guy in front of them.

On the Last Day of the World

On My Last Day of the World

If I was told that today was the last day of the world
I would never stop moving,
To many things to do.
    I would tell my crush I like them.
It's not like I can be hurt for long.
    I would laugh with all of my friends.
We would want to die laughing.
    I would settle all disagreements.
It's not like either of us can hold a grudge for long.
    I would listen to the sound of nature.
I don't do that enough.
    I would reread as many books as I can.
End with what you love.
    I would hug and smile at everybody I could.
I want them to be happy when they die, too.
    I would tell the people that make me laugh thank you.
They are the true ones that deserve a round of clapping.
    I would thank my family for changing my life.
From the very start of my life they were there.
I want...

Omniscient Lens

Knowing All is Not Everything

I hate school. School means doing well and getting made fun of for it. If those who bullied me knew what I knew about them they would probably have a heart attack, which happens to 715,000 American's every year. I hate it when I do that. I  felt a tap on my shoulder, and I turned around to see my best friend, Will. 
    "What are you thinking, James?" He asked, sounding actually curious in my life, unlike most. He knows I can tell what he is thinking, that makes our friendship really easy. For me at least.
    "Well I was thinking how I could use the knowledge I gain from my bullies thoughts against them." I said looking at Will's face. I could tell what he was thinking, 'Well that could help his situation' , but what came out of his lips was, "I know you would never do that." He was right,...

Why I Write

Why I Write

I write because it gives me a since of control the world when I have next to none. I read a lot. Those books have changed my life for the better. They gave me a since of hope when I was going through a dark place. I love writing. Sometimes adding all of the details makes my characters come to life makes me feel powerful, knowing that I came up with that, that nobody else has had that exact same character. Books make me happy, scared, sad, and hopeful all at once. Writing gives me that, but amplified. Writing gives me the power to make others feel the way I want them to. Writing is amazing, and I never want to loose it.

Rachel22's 6 Likes

Questions by CreativeAngel

Published 2 days ago

My Christmas Angel by Flynn Smith

Published about 1 month ago

Why I Write by Adalyn025

Published 2 months ago

Did You? by BlueWriter

Published 2 months ago

13 Likes from Others

The Same Face

Liked by 2 people

My Home

Liked by 2 people

My Wish List

Liked by 2 people

On My Last Day of the World

Liked by 2 people

The Art of Specificity

Liked by 2 people

My Life Told I Memories

Liked by 1 person

The Tiny Kitten

Liked by 2 people

What Would Our Escape Be?

Liked by 2 people

Where I Find Solace

Liked by 1 person

The Water Park Drama

Liked by 1 person

Why I Write

Liked by 1 person

Good neighbor

We like your photo and your biography.

Earned 2 months ago

Pro reviewer

You've now submitted over five reviews!

Earned 2 months ago

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned 2 months ago

Leader

You're being followed by over five other writers!

Earned 2 months ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned 2 months ago

Prolific

You really are prolific - you've published over ten pieces already.

Earned 2 months ago

Favoriter

Love your work - you've read and favorited over ten pieces published by others

Earned 2 months ago

Popular penman

Very nicely done - you've got over ten favorites.

Earned about 2 months ago

Reviewer

You've reviewed!

Earned 2 months ago

Competitor

Thanks for entering a competition.

Earned 2 months ago

Admirer inactive

Follow over twenty other writers to become an admirer!

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Follower inactive

Follow over five other writers and you'll get a badge for your efforts.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Patron inactive

Become a patron of writers - follow over thirty of them.

Power writer inactive

Keep going! Write over ten thousand words and you'll be a Power Writer.

Super star inactive

Get your writing career glittering with more than thirty followers.

Supporter inactive

Get supportive. Follow over ten other writers and get a badge too.

Top critic inactive

Submit over fifteen reviews and you'll be a top critic.

Rachel22 isn't following anyone yet.