20170823 155252

Kahasai

I am a lot of things. Classical guitarist, traditional archer, middle sibling, wolf-hybrid owner, twelve year gymnast, National Champion (though it was a while ago), and, obviously, a writer.

But that doesn't tell you who I am.

I muddle and puddle through the world,
I shovel through the rubble and find my gifts unfurled,
I am a writer who'll take you to worlds beyond,
So let us, dear reader, create an unforgettable bond.

My website: hinterlandroving.wordpress.com

Or, my other website (which is more writing-related): trinityofwriting.wordpress.com

Or, the website to my wolf-hybrid puppies: ullrandursapuppies.wordpress.com

20170823 155252

Kahasai (United States) liked Dissonance at Work by Gabriel Goodwin (Philippines)

about 2 hours ago

20170823 155252

Kahasai (United States) reviewed:

The Short Murder

PROMPT: 25 Words

This story, so short, is filled with character. Because of the unusual narrator, it made for an intriguing read. Well done.

20170823 155252

Kahasai (United States) liked Dresses for Battle by Helen Grant (United Kingdom)

20170823 155252

Kahasai (United States) liked The Short Murder by Ursa Rover

20170823 155252

Kahasai (United States) liked When Zodiacs are Just Amazing by FairNoble (United States)

20170823 155252

Kahasai (United States) liked Last Goodbye by Riley Noel (United States)

20170823 155252
Giphy %282%29

Kahasai (United States) started following you need to gogh (United States)

20170823 155252
2
1

Kahasai (United States) published:

Then Came Alex

PROMPT: 25 Words

For years he hated life. It was a constant reminder of his missing parts.
    Then he met Alex.

Seeking Peer Reviews

20170823 155252

Kahasai (United States) liked Title Help by Riley Noel (United States)

20170823 155252

Kahasai (United States) liked Want a Cover? Your Gay is Here! by you need to gogh (United States)

25 Words

Then Came Alex

Then he met Alex.

Wait

Wake up, can’t you hear?
It’s me,
Stop shaking,
There’s no need to fear.

Don’t listen to the shadows consuming your mind,
Don’t follow the lights to the places beyond,
Be careful;
They lie.

Hear my voice,
Listen . . .
You know me,
And it’s your choice.

But stay,
There’s so much I have to say,
There’s so much we need to do,
You’re going too soon.

​Just . . .
Wait.

Me: Chapter 3

[Note: These chapters don't need to be read in any order.]

What am I going to do once I leave my parents' household?

Living in a rugged, rural, and remote area has its advantages and disadvantages. I often think of the advantages--because of how prominent they are--and rarely of the some of the disadvantages. While I could go on for a long time speaking of the advantages, I think it's time to acknowledge the disadvantages.

The biggest, and most problematic disadvantage, is that it doesn't give me many routes. I can't try my hand at various jobs while still living under the secure roof of my parents. It is simply impossible. This gives me a narrow avenue of employment options.

I do have a job working with my dad, which certainly gives me a wide variety of skill, just not employment options. Under my dad's tutelage, I could become a plumber, electrician, handyman (woman), yardman (which is the same thing...

Poetry and Spoken Word Competition

Finding My Writing

I muddle and puddle through the world, 
So listen well, this won't take long.

Breathe deep and watch words spring forth,
A place without direction: west, east, south, or north,
Breathe and watch the images on the page,
A place without time or age.

I hit a barrier and falter to a stop,
Words fail and come to a halting drop,
I stumble and stare at what I see,
At the cliff that blocks me.

I grit my teeth,
Try not to look beneath,
Roll up my sleeves,
Steady my hand and breathe.

I pick up my pen and write a word,
I write around this barrier and let it be heard,
I take a step and carry on,
Because I am a writer and I write to places beyond.

Know that I muddle and puddle through the world, 
I...

Me: Chapter 2

I'm a pretty level-headed person. Or, perhaps, I'm just emotionally level. I don't tend to tip on scales.

I think I'm emotionally level because I'm, just a bit, emotionally detached. Not quite in the way you--the way I imagine (I won't speak for you). When I imagine emotionally detached people, they come out as flat, with a calm facade, and a large dose of apathy. I'm . . . not that.

I can't really hide what I feel. I wear my emotions on my face (at least, I think I do--I can't see my face). I'm what you'd call a warm, sometimes bubbly person (depending on the situation). I feel like a warm and bubbly person. But then I look at what I write . . . the stuff I write when I'm frustrated and angry. Namely, the poems that come out of me when I'm glowering at calculus.

Poems, such as:

"Blood fell like rain in my time,
The...

Me: Chapter 1

Let me open my soul and tell you something: I am not the person I pretend to be.

None of you know me. You know me by my stories, my comments, my reviews (which can be harsh on occasion), and, in short, by my writing, which is how I've wanted it to be. That is why this site exists. It serves this purpose very well.

But I think I should open the crack of my shell and show the insides in order to make my writing shine. This may be difficult, because I'm not really sure who I am, deep inside. I know I write "safe" but I don't know why. I shouldn't have any reason to be writing "safe." What will I risk by opening my soul? What will happen if I am honest . . . when I didn't even know I was lying? Why do I lie?

That is a question only I can answer.

Poetry and Spoken Word Competition

Finding My Writing

I muddle and puddle through the world, 
So listen well, this won't take long.

A place without time or age.

I hit a barrier and falter to a stop,
Words fail and come to a halting drop,
I trip and stare with despair,
It's a cliff that blocks me; it's unfair.

I grit my teeth,
Try not to look beneath,
Roll up my sleeves,
Steady my hand and breathe.

I pick up my pen and write a word,
I take a step and carry on,

I...

The Association of Three Enemies

Veronica Welker silently sat in her chair, feet on table, one hand behind her head. With the other she fingered one of the loose buttons on her scrubs. Through the window she could see the other juvenile prisoners whispering to each other, watching her and the person who sat silently across from her. Their stares were reasonable. In the five, long years since she had been shoved into juvie, there had been only one visit not induced by law.
   The boy who sat across from her also wore scrubs. She didn't think it was because she was a high security prisoner. 
   They had been sitting there for nearly six minutes and the boy still had not said a word. He just stared at her, expression bland.
    Her chair creaked. From outside, the chatter of inmates was a mindless buzz.
    Finally, she'd had enough. She set her feet down and stood. "Listen," she said, "if you're...

The Unknown

Lost in Myself

I do not know much about a lot of things. 

But I think the biggest thing I don't know, that which I face constantly, is why I am me. I'm not talking about my personality, my dislikes, or anything else that makes me, me. I'm talking about why I look out of these pair of eyes to stare at my screen, watching words appear, created by my swift fingers. Why don't I look out the eyes of my sisters? My dad? My mom? Why do I see anything at all? Why isn't life in the third-person POV? Why am I in the first-person POV and how? Why don't I know what everyone else is thinking? Why am I trapped in this mortal body?

Even those questions don't encompass the queer feeling I get every time I think about this. Why am I different from my siblings and every other creature? Why do I exist as a sole person and not...

Few: a tiny story

Few know my name. Few know I exist. Those who do know me tend to avoid me.

Why?

You may think it's because I'm a dangerous assassin or a fearsome warrior. You're wrong. 

So, what am I? Let me tell you.

I am an eccentric hermit.

Guitar Strings

Music thrums like a living beings,
Drifts through the air like dust,
I drink it in like water.

It vibrates away from my guitar strings,
One hand plucking,
The other choosing which notes you'll hear.

Nylon guitar strings quiver,
Filling the air with warm sounds,
Dancing with life.

Strings shiver,
Thrum,
Sing.

Strings vibrate into my heart,
Flows into my blood,
Works its way through my body.

My fingers dance across the fretboard,
One hand brushing strings,
Foot tapping away as the music surges.

Soft, low,
That is the Classical Guitar.

Round edges,
Clear notes,
Like gentle rain as you go to sleep.

Guitar strings vibrate against my fingers,
Hum against my skin,
Thrum through the body.

The wood sings and pulses,
Rubbing against my body,
All through the power of my hands.

Music of the classical guitar,
Thrums as a living being,
Drifts through the air like lost spiderwebs,
I drink it in like water.

When My Night Was Ruined By A Gray-Haired, Wannabe Thief: A Short Story

Meeting someone on the Road of Lost Souls wasn't a part of my plan for the night. Then again, it's never a part of the plan.
    It was a beautiful night. The stars shone like scattered ice-chips. The sliver of a moon was beginning to rise over the distant mountains. Rippling to either side of the Road were waves of grass. The grassy, rolling hills seemed almost blue in the lighting. The scattered trees seemed to more shadow than shape.
    Best of all, the souls were quiet. A rare blessing; I savored it with each step.
    Anyone who regularly visits the Road of Lost Souls knows about what I speak. With so many souls existing on either side of the Road, there's bound to be restlessness.
    Just as I thought this, a shadow moved to my left. The grass shivered as the shadow hurried to approach the Road.
    I quickened...

50 Questions/Prompts to Deepen Your Characters' Psyche

Because of Pinterest, I've seen lots of character questionnaires. I haven't really liked any of them, because they're always about whether your character likes this, knows that, what they do. They aren't about who the character is. So, I've compiled 50 questions that will hopefully get me (and perhaps you) thinking in the right direction.

1. Does he/she work better with or without schedules?
  2. How well do they adjust to change?
  3. What do they (consciously and/or subconsciously) look to find in life? Logic, happiness, success, satisfaction, friendships, etc.
  4. What is their definition of success? Why?
  5. What is their definition of happiness? Why?
  6. In a situation where they had to be a leader and had to have a co-leader, who would be their best co-leader?
  7. Conversely, who would be the most conflicting co-leader?
  8. How would they react if they realize that they were written into creation by you?
  9. Luxurious heaven, exciting hell, or the inbetween smuggler; which would they choose?
  10. On a...

Monster Flash Fiction Competition 2018

Chenquin

It's said that it came from the ocean. What's known for sure is that it comes with the rain.
    People are terrified of it. That is understandable. It would be terrifying for you if it was your child who disappeared.
    It is called many things. Spirit, specter, will-o'-the-wisp. It prefers the name Chenquin.

The Chenquin comes at night with the darkest of storms. It hides in the resonance of raindrops and its voice is the sound of wind over water. In its body are trapped screams, almost impossible to hear. Just its watchful gaze is enough to make a child sit up straight and listen.
    The Chenquin guides the child down streets, over wood and stone. They travel until they reach the sea. The Chenquin goes out into the ocean with its silent screams, trusting the child to follow.
    At this point the child may hesitate and turn back. He may wander...

Monster Flash Fiction Competition 2018

Chenquin

Unpopular Opinions: Country Music

WARNING: REALLY LONG ARGUMENT/ESSAY APPROACHING! DO NOT READ IF YOU INTEND TO RESPOND WITH EMOTIONAL OUTBURST! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND THOUGHTFULLY RESPOND WITH THE RATIONAL MIND.

So many people don't like country music. Why?

I honestly have no idea. Not really surprising, since I tend to avoid social gatherings. I despise modern pop (which I will get into later on).
    I think it's all right if I shudder at the sound of pop. Why? Because I love jazz, swing, electric, bluegrass, folk, reggae, classical, flamenco, Spanish, rock, dance, alternative, world, Celtic, Pink Floyd (yes, not a genre, but they really are their own sound), blues, soul, acid jazz, hip-hop, Latin, new age, rap, Americana, and country. Yes, you read the last correctly. I LOVE COUNTRY (and Americana).

That's a lot of genres. Of course, if you like as many genres as that, you probably think it's all right to shudder at the sound of country. It's reasonable . . . but...

True Stories: The Baby Mountain Lion

"What's that?"
    I'm not sure who said it. Maybe it was just a collective thought.
    My dad, younger sister, and I were driving down the mountains after a good hour of running through the forest. We were packed into the Dooley truck; Dad driving, my sister in the shotgun. I was stuffed in the backseat with our big wolf dog, Ullr, and our smaller wolf, Ursa.
    I pushed my way in front of Ullr's butt and stared out the windshield. A small form was scampering ahead of us along the road. It was clearly trying to get away from us, but doing a terrible job of it. It had decided to go straight down the road.
    "Is it a fox?" As soon the as the words appeared we wanted to shake off the idea. The creature was about the same size as a fox, if a bit smaller. It's tail wasn't nearly...

Friendship Tweet

Friendship

Friendship is knowing you can rely on a person to be there when you need them.

LASL's Prompts: Day 17

Prompt: Your worst birthday.

It was July 5th, 2008: nearly ten years ago--Jeez, I'm getting old!
    Ahem, sorry.

The smoke was so thick I could barely see thirty feet in front of me. That's why I wasn't allowed to leave the house, nor were my sisters. The smoke was bad for us. We could inhale it and become sick.
    Only Mom, Dad, my sisters, and two others had come over. Derek and Gina were their names. (Are. They're still alive.) I guess you could call them my neighbors. They lived a half mile downriver, across the river.
    They gave me a card. It was big and pretty. I loved it, for some unusual reason. They also gave me a stone arrowhead, which has now chipped to pieces.
    My parents gave me a quiver of arrows--new and adult-like. They promised my bow was coming, it had just been shipped out late.
    I was...

An excerpt from my novel

"You're crazy," said Nyra with perfect conviction.
    Criangence ruffled his feathers. "Am not," he protested. "I'm just disinclined to make an effort to sound sane."
    "Is there a difference?"

Environmental Writing Competition 2018

Highway, Human, and Me

When you imagine California, you probably are imagining a place like San Diego: blue skies, ocean, swimming suits, surfers, city, drought, heat, etc.
    Erase this image. You know nothing of the part of California in which I live.
    Once your image slate is clean, continue and listen, because I'm about to tell you about the creature that has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember: State Route Highway 299.

You see those mountains children draw? Take that and fill it with gentle hues of green, gray, purple, blue, and brown. Inflate it to a life-sized scale. Weaving around the mountains are the rivers that created these teeth of dirt. Multiply by about eight dozen.
    Now, you have my home.
    Welcome to the Trinity Alps, home to the Shasta-Trinity National Forest. The forest grows off these mountains and drinks from the Trinity River. The Trinity twists and turns, sometimes doubling back on itself. Following this...

Environmental Writing Competition 2018

Highway, Human, and Me

Now, you have my home.

Monster Flash Fiction Competition 2018

Chenquin

It's called many things. Spirit, specter, will-o'-the-wisp. It prefers the name Chenquin.

The Chenquin comes at night with the darkest of storms. It hides in the sound of raindrops. It speaks with the voice of wind over water. In its body are trapped screams, almost impossible to hear. Just its presence is enough to make a child sit up straight and listen.
    The Chenquin guides the child down streets, over wood and stone. They travel until they reach the sea. It goes out into the ocean with its silent screams and trust the child to follow.
    At this point the child may hesitate and turn back. He may wander lost for a...

LASL's Prompts: Day 16

Prompt: Describe a feeling of something that you understand but others might not.

Imagine falling through the sky. Nothing to stop you. Nothing to protect you.
    Now imagine being able to control this. Being able fly.

Imagine that you've just written the perfect piece. Everyone is in awe. They're all in love with it. It is powerful. You can feel it rushing through your veins--the power to sway emotions with the written word. 

Imagine that feeling you used to get when you were a child; the feeling that you could do anything within your world.

Combine these emotions.

That is what it feels like to be a gymnast.

Monster Flash Fiction Competition 2018

Chenquin

It comes at night with the darkest of storms. It hides in the sound of raindrops. It speaks with the voice of wind over water. In its body are trapped screams, unheard to all but itself. Just its presence makes a child sit up straight and listen.
    The Chenquin would guide the child down streets, over wood and stone. They would travel until they reach the sea. It would go out into the ocean with its silent screams and trust the child to follow.
    It is at this point the child may hesitate and turn back. He may wander lost for...

Monster Flash Fiction Competition 2018

Chenquin

It comes at night with the darkest of storms. It hides in the sounds of raindrops. It speaks with the sound of wind over water. In its body are trapped screams, unheard to all but itself. Just its presence makes a child sit up straight and listen.
    The Chenquin would guide the child down streets, lead the child over wood and stone. They would travel until they reach the sea. It would go out into the ocean with its silent screams and trust the child to follow.
    It is at this point the child may hesitate and turn back. The child...

Love in 13 Words

Fear

The jump in my chest as I come close to losing my joy.

LASL's Prompts: Day 15

Prompt: Write a sentence and then write it again, adding one word to the sentence to make it suddenly dark.

Laughter rang through the halls, as delighted as the taste of lemons.

Laughter rang through the shattered halls, as delighted as the taste of lemons.

* * *

The woman smiled as she examined the dagger.

The woman smiled as she examined the bloody dagger.

* * * 

The man gripped Ralph's hand.

The man gripped Ralph's cold hand.

* * *

Sunlight glared down on the city.

Sunlight glared down on the burning city.

* * * 

Moonlight whispered through the trees and onto the face of a woman.

Red moonlight whispered through the trees and onto the face of a woman.

* * *

LASL's Prompts: Day 14

Prompt: A moment you'll never forget.

It's hard to decide . . . There was the time I was National Champion . . . the time I saw a baby mountain lion . . . the day we got Ursa . . . the day we got Ullr . . . Plenty of skunk incidents . . . The time I landed on my head . . . Those times I was embarrassing but didn't know it at the time . . . the day I broke my arm . . . the night I got new classical guitar . . . the first time I heard a mountain lion . . . the time an eagle chased a heron right above my head . . . Or maybe the moments I had to pick up trash that had been strewn down the cliffs and to the river because of a bear. Can I tell a story that I was...

LASL's Prompts: Day 12/13

Prompt 12: What are you like when you're bored?

I'm not usually bored. I'm the sort who does great in situations that would make other people bored.
    I'm changing the question a bit: What I am like when I'm not active/doing something?

I get cranky, irritable, a bit whiny, easily frustrated. How exciting, I know.

Prompt 13: Where would one of the characters you've already created (in other pieces of writing) go to be alone?

Meara hadn't realized how much she liked the company of others until she was forced to be with them. Meeting Raj had helped her realize that not all humans were despicable creatures.
    However, that didn't change that they could still get on her nerves.
    It was times like these when she wished to could be in her second home in the Cursed Forest. The only people who bothered her were the uncanny wolves and a few reckless monsters.
    But...

Environmental Writing Competition 2018

Highway, Human, and Me

You see those mountains children draw? Take that and fill it with gentle hues of green, gray, purple, blue, and brown. Inflate it in scale to a human. Weaving around the mountains are the rivers that created these teeth of dirt. Multiply by about eight dozen.
    Now, you have my home.
    Welcome to the Trinity Alps, home to the Shasta-Trinity National Forest. The forest grows off those mountains and drinks from the Trinity River. The Trinity twists and turns, sometimes doubling back on itself. Following...

LASL's Prompts: Day 11

Prompt: Create a story with a big plot twist- challenge is it can only be three sentences long.

The sunset was orange, beautiful, like the color of Jaleigh's hair. The sky was turning twilight, wonderful, just like Jaleigh. He turned to Jaleigh and smiled at the blood pooling around what was left of her body.

LASL's Prompts: Day 10

Prompt: The last time you cried.

I was laughing. I don't remember why. It's hard to get me to cry unless it's through humor.

LASL's Prompts: Day 9

Prompt: Summarise a movie or book in one sentence.

X-Files: FBI agents Mulder and Scully disagree about everything while trying to solve cases with supernatural mysteries.

LASL's Prompts: Day 8

Prompt: Think of your favourite food and try to make it sound as disgusting as possible.

Ah, the glorious burrito. The tortilla like dry skin flaking off in my math. The cheese, wonderful cheese, melted to the consistency of snot and the color of a rotted fish. The onion, usually purple like a bruise, is as crisp as chopped bone shards. The lettuce, fresh and bright, has a few slugs on it. My favorite part--the meat--can vary. Often, the meat of choice is ground beef. Ah, the proteins provided by ground-up muscle, it usually looks like pieces of rotted log cooked with the juices of dead flies.
    Ah, the glorious burrito.

LASL's Prompts: Day 7

Prompt: Your relationship with sleep.

Night owl,
Tired for bed but I want to stay awake,
I sit at my computer and my fingers fly,
I am tired but I feel so alive!

Once in bed I relax,
Tired from another day.

I grab my phone and my headphones,
Attach them and place the cushions over my ears,
And I listen to song.

Romantic pieces that set my mind spinning with delicious satisfaction,
Heart-wrenching pieces that makes me reimagine how I wrote that last sad scene,
Gallant pieces that fill me with drums of war and cries of battle.

I usually return to the music of the Fae,
I listen a couple of songs that make me shiver,
Before I listen to the lullabies of sleep.

Sleep, adrift in fog,
Darkness, warmth.

Beethoven's Symphony No. 6, Op. 68, 1st movement, also known as Pastoral,
Rings softly in my ears,
I hit snooze.

Sleep, adrift in fog.
Darkness, warmth.

Music drifts...

LASL's Prompts: Day 6

Prompt: 20 important facts about you 

1. I love writing (no one surprised?).

2. I am homeschooled.

3. I am a classical guitarist and have been practicing for . . .  five years? Four? I don't remember. The latest song that I'm learning is Heitor Villa-Lobos's Prelude No.1 in E minor.

4. I love bacon. I even have a great hat that says so.

5. I do traditional archery with a custom-made longbow that is 44#s at 28'' (44 pounds at 28 inches). I look at those machines they call compound bows and think, you ruin the fun of archery. You are just a machine for throwing stuff that ruins the art of traditional archery. We already have a fun machine to throw stuff: it's called a gun.

6. I have a pair of wolves who I adore and who adore me. They are Ullr and Ursa. Ullr is what you immediately think of when you imagine a wolf: really big...

LASL's Prompts: Day 5

Prompt: Create a superhero whose talent isn't very convenient.

Stuart didn't like his superpower. I think I hated it even more than he did.
    I mean, who wouldn't love to have a superpower? How could he not like it? It's called super for a reason, isn't it?
    Well, you haven't heard his power, yet.

I met Stuart while waiting in line at the local cafe. It was early, we were all cranky and silent, except for this one lady who was holding up the line and being awfully chipper with the cashier. Bob Marley was playing in the background and it was rather warm and cozy inside. That was, until, the door opened and sent a blast of freezing air up my shirt. I couldn't help myself as I turned and glared at the man who had entered the room. He looked like a giant puffball, wearing a giant ski jacket, puffed pants, and worn shoes...

Animal Personalities

"He was like a squirrel: easily distracted and very indecisive. But set him to a chore and he'd go at it and wouldn't stop until he had finished it."

--Kahasai

"She's like panther. Mischievous when she wants to be, but can switch to her more responsible side when needed. She's Always up for good time and can stand her ground when threatened."

--Foxmillionaire

"I'm sometimes like a rooster: easily startled, loud, and ranging from somewhat irritating to extremely annoying. Other times, I'm like a cat: quiet when at ease, laid back, sleeps a lot (when given the chance), and can be enjoyable company for people who can handle and tolerate the sometimes-needy requirements that cats have. 
"One thing those two have in common: they're both either dangerous when threatened."

--Glytch Montoya

"She's like a chicken: She talks a lot, panics easily, is gawked at by the roosters (erm, men), is happy to stay at home, and often squabbles with others....

Character Personalities: Weather, Elements, and Objects

"She was like a Thursday evening, with brown eyes that held memories in them, long, wispy hair, and a warm smile. Content when happy, gray and melancholy when sad; she always had an air of nostalgia around her."

--RainAndSonder

"She was a constellation- no matter what way you looked at her she was beautiful, even if it took you a while to find her."

--RedWriter

"She is like a riptide; innocuous to the eye. Admired on the surface level, but probably wouldn't be if everything beneath was revealed. Pressure makes her lash out, but nobody knows until they are caught in the current."

--Unapologetic Regret

"He was like a tornado. Unpredictable and spontaneous. Always lively, bringing chaos to everything he touches, but also wonder to those who watch him work."

--Foxmillionaire

"I'm kind of like a solar eclipse: rare, slightly mysterious, and will either leave you awestruck or blind, depending on the phase."

--Glytch Montoya

"She was like ice, cold...

LASL's Prompts: Day 4

Prompt: Create a character and send them away to their cranky grandma's house.

(I'm going to use a character I already have, in their world. Otherwise I may take all week creating setting and characters.)

"Wait, I have grandparents?" Jack gaped at his parents.
    "Yes, you do," Jyvg said with a slight eye-roll. "I know most of your friends are orphans of orphans, but don't be so surprised that you have some."
    "Why haven't you ever mentioned them?"
    Byorj settled into his chair, making it creak. The family of three sat around their small dining table. The hardwood floors were a dirty of brown. The walls were made of stone and clay, which was rumored to be harvested from the Cursed Forest. The house was big, big enough only parts of it were used.
    "We have mentioned them," Byorj said, fingering an old notch in the table. "It's difficult to visit them...

The Raven Mask

Gunfire. It echoed over the water, rang in her ears. Blood, gore, bone, bodies, everywhere. The shadow of two giant ships, dangerously close to her small motorboat. Battle above her head. A burning sunset. Fire, wood, char, embers. Hissing ocean, clanging metal. Stinking steam from the ships. Faces floating in the water, mangled and barely recognizable as her family.
    Forest, city, all grown into one. Beautiful faces, painful truths. Screams of pain turned insane. The raven masks, surrounding her, everywhere.Trapping her. Refusing to release her. Beating her. Pecking her. Refusing to relent. Breaking her body, breaking her mind. The masks, everywhere. Ravens, everywhere. Black feather, shining beak, beady eyes. Everywhere. Destroying her. Turning her insane. Turning her into a monster.
    It was a still night. Clouds covered the sky. The thin glow of the moon did nothing to light the city. The streetlamps wavered and flickered. The paint on the street was faded and overgrown with...

Writer's Weirdness

I just spent ten minutes figuring out the exact emotions of an inanimate door.

LASL's Prompts: Day 3

Prompt: What are your top three strongest opinions/beliefs and why?

I'm doing my top five because I don't know which is top three.

1. A healthy body is almost equal to a healthy mind. While a healthy mind feeds of the healthy body, the body cannot feed off the mind, no matter how healthy the mind is. If you want to have the strongest mind you can possibly have, then exercise. The blood flow is circulation; like water, it is healthier when it's flowing instead of stagnant. This allows the body to relax to its fullest and tense up to its tightest. It is flexion, and like anything, it is better when it can do well both ways.

2. In regards to money, being an artist is a good way to be poor. When I'm honest with myself, I have to look at the statistics of being an artist in this world and being paid by it. There are thousands...

Food Personalities

"She was like a watermelon, hard at all times, but with something always sweet and refreshing to think of in the winter; some got tired of her in large doses, some just wanted more."

--Engi Abou-El-Kheir

"She was like a walnut, for she had to be broken before anyone knew what she had inside."

--Ursa Rover

"He was like curry, full of spice, colors, and extraordinary flavors. You never know exactly what you are going to get, except that it'll be tasty."

--Foxmillionaire.

"He was the sun, his radiant personality sending rays of positivity all around him. He only wore bright clothing- hot pinks and highlighter-yellows so that it was blinding to look right at him. Not only that, his family revolved around him. They were the planets, pulled into his gravity. 
To be honest, he was kind of hot, too."

--camilly

"I would be an onion; I add flavor to whatever dish I'm served in! Plus, I have many...

Puzzling Pieces of Illusions and Lies

"Do you see? Do you know? But how could you--this is a place where only the ignorant go. After all, it's a place of illusions and lies. 'It's perfect,' so most people think. But it's just a place where the truth hides." Cowards. "Do you agree? Do you actually see? Can it be? But how could you--you'd only be here if you believed.
    "But what if you can? What if you are?" What if this presumption is wrong? "Why are you here? Really. Because this is a place that people go to if they have fear. Fear of everything, fear of nothing. Fear of something. How did you come to be here if you did not follow these rules? How can you be here if you do see, do know, are not tricked by the lies, don't believe, and have confidence in yourself? How?"

"I could ask you the same. You aren't tricked by the illusions, nor...

LASL's Prompts: Day 2

Prompt: The experience of walking down a street for you.

Concrete is everywhere. This city is all flat, vertical and horizontal planes. It's all rough surfaces. How can anyone live here? It's all so level, it makes me want to walk on my heels, which hurts after a bit.

And the buildings! The buildings, so many buildings. They're all so blockish. So . . . robotic in appearance. They are all the same. So . . . unsatisfying. To quote fabulous Wonder Woman: "It's hideous."

And the people! People, everywhere . . . so many humans . . . like ants. There's no privacy. Nowhere. Not inside and definitely not outside. I'd be driven insane if I existed in this part of the world.

Summery of my experience: Humans are crazy, I'm going home.

LASL's Prompts: Day 1

LASL = LackingASocialLife

Prompt: Describe the colour blue as if describing it to someone completely blind.

Blue comes in many shades. Blue the color of a bright sky is running your hand through water on a hot, hot summer day. It is pleasantly warm wind. It is the feeling of being calm, tranquil, and happily at peace with yourself.

Darker shades of blue are like the feeling of velvet on your fingers, the scent of rain in the air. It is the sweet comfort of darkness, of being perfectly alone.

Summary of My Novel

Title: Midnight Whisper, Song of Secrets (title still in progress)
Genre: Fantasy

Length: Currently 400+ pages

Summary:

The only way for the mysterious spirits to enter the mortal world of Ashgan and stay there is to be summoned. Summoning spirits is a strict taboo. If it is broken, the penalty is death, no exceptions.
    Suddenly, spirits are appearing in Ashgan and going rampant, doing the impossible: killing mortals. They are being led by a strange, silver-eyed boy, and an unknown entity called only the Commander.

Jack Borlad is a human--or he thought he was. When the spirits start taking an interest in him, he realizes that his color-changing eyes may not be a simple matter of odd genetics, but a truth that will rock the worlds as he know it.

Raj Dariand is a temperamental young human prince determined to get revenge for his friend, who was killed by the spirits. But when he is stranded in a...

HELP!

Fellow writers!

I've been trying to decide on a beginning for my novel for about four years. I've narrowed it down to three and one of those is a speculation regarding a prologue. I have written the first hundred-or-so words to all three versions here and would love feedback on which one is the best.

Version 1

The ThirteenClan appeared almost human, but human they were not. 
    Two of the ThirteenClan sat in a room that flickered with shadow, thrown about by lamplight. The other ThirteenClan called the girl Whisper. "Catt Midnight" was what she called herself. She had never been one to let irony slip away unnoticed. 
    The walls were shoved tight with shelves, books, skulls, feathers, stones, and other random items, some of which she had collected herself. She resisted staring at the three doors; one led to a bedroom, the second led to a room of documentaries, and the third led to her only escape route. 
    The...

Album Review Competition 2018

Horse Soldier! Horse Soldier!

"I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through." 

The first time I heard this album, I didn't think much of it. It used to be background music, until I started listening to the stories that were told. Since then, I've grown to love this artist above almost any other.
    While I love all of Corb Lund & the Hurtin' Albertans albums, Horse Soldier! Horse Soldier! has always stood out in my mind because of the song after which the album is named.

Corb Lund is the sort of person whose grin is a bit contagious; he radiates what he's feeling, at least through music. Just by listening to his songs I can hear how much fun he's having by playing with his band. They use simple, but original rhythms and melodies. Combined with Corb Lund's knack for clever and deceptively simple lyrics, he has created a country album to which I can listen, laugh and empathize.
   ...

Intentions and Invocations

Wish Upon A Star

Wish upon a star, 
And what do you see? 

Worlds beyond imagining, 
Infinity. 

We, less than a speck of dust, 
Smaller than anything. 
Look in at ourselves, 
Minds of infinity. 

Wish upon a star, 
What do you see? 

Wish upon a star, 
What do I see? 

I see an unknowable world, 
Infinity. 
Me, less than a speck of dust, 
Smaller than anything. 

What do I see? 
Strength in knowing that the unknowable is forever unknowable, 
Mystery. 

We are all so small in this world, 
All of us. 

I see a star, 
What do I wish? 

Strength to survive in my own world, 
Strength to fight, 
Strength of heart, 
Strength of mind, 
Strength of fist, 
Strength of grit. 

So small in the world, 
I matter. 

So tiny in this universe, 
I have my place. 

Guess what? 
So do you. 

It is here, on Earth, 
As a human, 
Who makes mistakes, 
Who is flawed, 
And mysteriously wonderful. 

Wish upon a star, 
What...

Signing Off

Hello, Don't Kill Me

Dear Catt.

I realize this letter will never reach you, which is why I'm daring to write this. You do not know me, and if you did, you would hate me. You'd quite possibly kill me. I know this because I know you, better than anyone, even yourself.
    I wanted to tell you, Catt, that you have my utmost respect. You have your problems, yes, but I still respect you. I respect you because of your problems, because of how you try to get through them. Your family respects you for the same reason.
    Now, I understand that this means nothing coming from an apparent stranger, so allow me to introduce you to who I am.

At the beginning of last year there was a massive rockslide that blocked the highway for months. As a result, I couldn't go to gymnastics, which has taken up my life for the past eleven-plus years. There was no way...

The Raven Mask

Gunfire. It echoed over the water, rang in her ears. Blood, gore, bone, bodies, everywhere. The shadow of two giant ships, dangerously close to her small motorboat. Battle above her head. Fire, wood, char, embers. Hissing ocean, clanging metal. Stinking steam from the ships. Faces floating in the water, mangled and barely recognizable as her family.
    Forest, city, all grown into one. Beautiful faces, painful truths. Screams of pain turned insane. The raven masks, surrounding her, everywhere.Trapping her. Refusing to release her. Beating her. Pecking her. Refusing to relent. Breaking her body, breaking her mind. The masks, everywhere. Ravens, everywhere. Black feather, shining beak, beady eyes. Everywhere. Destroying her. Turning her into an insane monster.
    It was a still night. Clouds covered the sky. The thin glow of the moon did nothing to light the city. The streetlamps wavered and flickered. The paint on the street was faded and overgrown with plants. The sewers stank. The...

Leave It In 2017

I've never been into the New Year's Resolutions (seriously, these are goals I should be making anyways), but the idea of setting goals and succeeding at them has grown more appealing over the past few months. So, here I go.

Leave in 2017

• Being constantly worried about doing something wrong.
  • Skipping on math and physics.
  • Being on this computer when I'm not writing and I have things to do.
Things to Keep for 2018
  • My love of writing. (Sound familiar?)
  • My love for listening and playing music.
Goals for 2018 That Are Hopefully Reasonable
  • Daily exercise.
  • Consistently writing.
  • Sharing what I write (does anyone else find this terrifyingly difficult?)
  • Working through math and physics.
  • Read more books.
  • Build up endurance for my wolf-dogs so that we can go on long runs.
So, that's my list. Whether any of this happens is questionable . . . except for the "Things to Keep" list. I'm pretty sure I'm solid about that. =)

...

WILD

Music of the River

Deep in the mountains,
Weaving its way like a green snake,
Water roars and pounds at the rocks.

Each ripple grabs the sand,
Pushing, pulling it around,
Eddying with the sticks and fishes.

Rain turns the forest of silence into a forest of sound,
Each individual drop
Adding to the music of water.

The green rivers rise with the shifting wind,
Bringing sheets of storm through the canyons.

Storm makes rocks shift,
The trees groan and crack,
Weak from the stress and the music of water.

All the while the river rises,
It turns brown as it grabs dirt and anything else in its path.

The river pushes and pulls at the steadfast trees,
Willows, alders, pines, firs, and oaks,
Only the willows hold forever strong.

Alders weaken with the current,
Oaks begin to rot,
Pines and firs struggle to dig roots and hold on.

The river lifts old logs and brings them down with the current,
Logs crash and...

WILD

Music of the River

Deep in the mountains,
Weaving its way like a green snake,
Water roars and pounds at the rocks.

Each ripple grabs the sand,
Pushing, pulling it around,
Eddying with the sticks and fishes.

Each individual drop
Adding to the music of water.

Storm makes rocks shift,
The trees groan and crack,

All the while the river rises.

Willows, alders, pines, firs, and oaks,
Only the willows hold forever strong.

Alders weaken with the current,
Oaks begin to rot,

The river lifts old logs and brings them down the current,
Logs crash and dive, ...

Setting as Mood

Harvest Moon

I fled the dark of the house for the open air and nighttime sky.
    High above me, the harvest moon was bright and full. The fields and trees were lit in silver. The dew shone like tears, each individual drop radiating its own small light. The mountains to south were dark and shadowy, hiding details until the ridge top, where each tree was its own piece of pride in the beautiful light. The mountains to the north were lit by the moon, the old burn overgrown with brush and skeleton trees. The pair of mustangs in the field were a pair of liquid shadows, the moonlight so powerful I could almost see their eyes as they looked up at me.
    I stood in the middle of our driveway, gravel crunching under my feet. I shivered and hugged myself, trying to rid myself of the hollow pit echoing in my chest and stomach. Beside me my dog,...

Sky Fire

June 21st, 2008

Thunder and lightning lit night above the forested mountains. The mountains were the sort you'd see in a child's drawing: steep, irregular, with rivers weaving through the bottoms with as much life as a beating heart.
    That night the mountains had disappeared into darkness, lighting briefly to the flashes of lightning, echoing with the roars of thunder.
    Three young girls cheered and screamed to the sound. We loved storms; the rain, the mud, the high river, the wind, the electricity of lightning.
    I ran outside, not bothering to put on shoes or a raincoat, all the better to absorb the storm. My sisters weren't far behind me.
    The night was so dark I could barely see the great big oaks that surrounds my small house. Lightning flashed. We cheered the thunder gods. The dusty, dry trees lit up, and not just with light.
    It wasn't until the next morning that we...

Novel Writing Competition 2017

Midnight Whisper: Excerpt

Two of the ThirteenClan sat in a room that flickered with shadow, thrown about by lamplight. The girl was called Whisper, at least by other ThirteenClan. "Catt Midnight" was what she called herself. She had never been one to let irony slip away unnoticed.
    The desk in front of her was stacked with papers, letters, and pens. A pair of purple shells rested in the corner. She gave them the barest of glances and instead focused on the Thirteenth who sat behind the desk.
    There was little resemblance between them. In fact, the only resemblance was their...

The Cursed Kingdom: A Retelling of a Fairtytale

Prologue

Howls of pain ripped through the night, echoing through the castle and into the town below, even as the car sped through the town, nearly running over curbs in its haste to get away. The castle, bright and cheerful, faded away, the howls fading with it. People screamed and ran from the palace, and one by one, they disappeared without a trace of their existence.
    Even from behind, I could tell that Marco was scared. His knuckles were white against the black steering wheel of the car. He glanced behind him only to check on me and my sisters. "It's okay, girls," he said shakily. "We're almost out of here."
    No, we're not almost out of here. Not until we're out of the woods, which is still to come. Even I knew that, and I was a child.
    "Are we going home?" asked Kathy, though I know that she knew the answer. She sat in the middle, holding...

Flash Fiction Competition 2017

The Soldier's Story

There was earth all around him. In his hand he clutched a sword. What had happened?
    Drifts of memory came to him as he breathed dirt. People feared him. Hated him. He was a monster, wasn't he? Why was he a monster? Because he had killed some folk?
    No, because he had destroyed a kingdom. On his own. How?
    Through the pure force of his will and anger.
    In the end, the King of the Morning Star had killed him. He would forever be known as a monster, but he had destroyed the lie the King had created. He had died, but he also won.

The King of the Morning Star

The Morning Star with a mournful tear
Cries that I draw near,
Lands ravaged from men and their scars,
This all started because I wanted the head of the King of the Morning Star.

They leave their dead to the scavengers,
Creators of the chaos of ravagers,
War created by men left to scatter the earth,
I among it, fighting for all that I am worth.

Leave the dead to the vultures,
Allow me to destroy your cultures,
Run for I tell no lie,
I am coming, so go and hide.

You call me a monster of night,
A creature that hides from the light,
I will not deny you're wrong,
It is what makes me strong.

Humans are worthless to me because of what I am,
They always fight me and believe their King's sham,
I will destroy their King,
Because I can.

Those who run to not face my deadly wrath,
They who choose their own path,
They...

Flash Fiction Competition 2017

The Soldier's Story

There was dirt all around him. Clutched in his hand was a sword. What had happened?
    In the end, the King of the Morning Star had killed him. He would forever be known as a monster. But he had won. He had died, but he also won.

If I Spoke My Name: Trinsia (aka, Dream Amber)

If I spoke my name the land will be burned away,
The fire will scorch the dragon where he lays,
The nighttime will cease to be as the sun rules all,
The only thing to survive is the Fyrtha Oknol,
Who ride across the land as if it is a firy sea,
Making sure all water flees,
Making sure Ashgan is burnt to a crisp,
The smoke like a firy wil'o'whisp,
That will keep the spirits away,
Who'd want to stay?"

This is a dry land,
Made of fire and sand,
I may be known as Trinsia,
Known as Woyshu e'Tella:
Warrior of Lightning,
This is the song the bards are writing,
And as a commander
I order you to say this:
Dream Amber.

So now you know my name,
Now the world will burn to flame.
Congratulations!

Why I Write

Why I Write: A theory using a shed

There is a shed. It is full of guns and ammunition, all waiting to be used. Sometimes someone chooses a gun, takes out the bullets, and goes out shooting, having fun blowing up tannerite (an explosive) and just enjoying themselves.
    Some days they don't go shooting. In this time a fire starts. It is not the first time. For whatever reason, whenever the guns aren't used, a fire begins. It billows smoke, burning wood and grass. It crackles and makes its way into the shed. It creeps over the ground and races up walls until it reaches the ammunition.
    CRACK-BOOM! POP!
    Bullets begin flying everywhere, breaking through the wood of the shed and burying themselves into trees. Anyone standing near is lucky not to be grazed. Bullets shoot out in random directions, making it impossible for anyone to come near to stop the fire. It has to be allowed to burn itself out.

Using this analogy, if the...

This Is Justice So They Claim

Shadow rise, shadow fall,
Writhe up and hide all,
Black and red on cobblestone in sparkling light,
Bloody hell walks the night,
Cries and screams of desperate pain,
This is justice, so they claim.

Running, hiding,
Fighting, lying,
For all their efforts they can't escape,
The destinies forced upon them to become their fate,
Forever guilty on the trial of the Black Day,
This is justice, so they claim.

The Day for Discovering Truth is what it was,
No longer, just a distant memory barely a fuzz,
Now it's black and red on cobblestone,
Outcast and alone,
Blood on cobblestone in the sunny light,
It's a bloody hell they call just and right.

They used to have a family and a home,
Now they're forsaken and alone,
With powers no one understands,
With that hateful voice whispering, "Yes, you can,
You can use this power to make yourself right,
It just may take a bit of a fight."

A voice...

If I Spoke My Name: version 2

Speak my name and control power,
Power that will make you cower,
I'm what makes the spirits free,
This power is genetically me.

What can I do?
I can determine what will happen to you,
I can determine whether you'll live or die,
By your name I can determine whether you speak truth or lie.

Hold me here by the power of my name,
Tell me to go away by the power of the same,
You can't tell me what is wrong,
Save it for someone less strong.

If I Spoke My Name: version 1

If I spoke my name the world would tumble round,
Afraid to make a sound,
That doesn't make sense I know,
But listen close and I'll give you a show.

Watch close and heed me well,
Under the earth demons dwell,
They are listening so they may hear,
Hoping so they will understand all your fears.

Feel the shaking earth as they try to understand,
Fire, water, earth, air, and the human hand,
Speak my name and they will know,
The world's turnings and the things that grow.

Kahasai's 358 Likes

Dissonance at Work by Gabriel Goodwin

Published 14 days ago

Dresses for Battle by Helen Grant

Published over 2 years ago

The Short Murder by Ursa Rover

Published about 1 month ago

When Zodiacs are Just Amazing by FairNoble

Published 14 days ago

Last Goodbye by Riley Noel

Published 15 days ago

Title Help by Riley Noel

Published 21 days ago

The Catch in Self Control by Kaitlyn ❄

Published 23 days ago

Sunsets are for Endings by Calliope

Published 26 days ago

​Strangerworld by M.B.

Published 8 months ago

S̶i̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ by interstella

Published 25 days ago

Useless Rambling by SamG953

Published 25 days ago

That Moment by 1NVIS1BL3

Published about 2 months ago

You Don't Know Death by Mads

Published 28 days ago

Do You Want to be Mentioned? by Kaitlyn ❄

Published 30 days ago

Wedlock by MyShotPotter

Published 30 days ago

A letter to 2118 by Ursa Rover

Published 30 days ago

Low price. by Winter Lewis

Published about 1 month ago

PLEASE READ- VERY IMPORTANT <3 by camlily

Published about 1 month ago

Project Medusa (Ch.9) by Calliope

Published about 1 month ago

The Midnight Angel by Calliope

Published about 1 month ago

Summer Inspirations by Gabriel Goodwin

Published about 1 month ago

I made monostiches wow by Your Alien Author.

Published about 2 months ago

The Art of Shutting Your Mouth by Your Alien Author.

Published about 2 months ago

Project Medusa (Ch.8) by Calliope

Published about 1 month ago

Project Medusa (Ch.7) by Calliope

Published about 1 month ago

Project Medusa (Ch.6) by Calliope

Published about 1 month ago

Project Medusa (Ch.5) by Calliope

Published about 1 month ago

The Yellow Tape by Gabriel Goodwin

Published about 1 month ago

A Sweeter Dance by Ursa Rover

Published about 1 month ago

A Bloody Sunday Afternoon by Ursa Rover

Published about 1 month ago

MY CHILDREN I HAVE MISSED YOU ALL by LackingASocialLife

Published about 2 months ago

Find Your Fire by Calliope

Published about 2 months ago

Project Medusa (Ch.4) by Calliope

Published about 2 months ago

Project Medusa (Ch.3) by Calliope

Published about 2 months ago

Red Winter by RainAndSonder

Published about 2 months ago

What I Hate About You by RoseAzriel

Published about 2 months ago

Project Medusa (Ch.2) by Calliope

Published about 2 months ago

I'm who I'm (#1 trial for refinement) by manar

Published about 2 months ago

Project Medusa by Calliope

Published about 2 months ago

Who Else is Doing Camp Nanowrimo? by WishfulKittyKat1

Published about 2 months ago

The Seeing Test by RainAndSonder

Published about 2 months ago

Midnight Rider by -Foxmillionaire-

Published about 2 months ago

I Challenge Everyone by Chips

Published about 2 months ago

The Three Month Window by WishfulKittyKat1

Published about 2 months ago

Strong Little Dreamer by Tequilamockingbird22

Published about 2 months ago

Untitled by Deleted User

Published over 4 years ago

GUYS by Reanimated

Published about 2 months ago

Antithesis by A Breath Into Silence

Published about 2 months ago

Featured Writer (#13) by Kaitlyn ❄

Published about 2 months ago

To Turn To Flowers by M. Elyse Lynch

Published about 2 months ago

Dogs or Cats by Bellbell0307

Published about 2 months ago

A Nose and Baby Toes- read footnotes :) by camlily

Published about 2 months ago

Lady Lilith by Amphitrite

Published 2 months ago

"Writing is Not a Talent" by Super0smitty

Published about 2 months ago

A Cordial Note by Laika

Published about 2 months ago

Expressing Cosmos and Beyond by Gabriel Goodwin

Published 2 months ago

re: Ode to Broken Things by gripsyched

Published 3 months ago

Devilled Eggs by lemonwren

Published 3 months ago

Legalize it: A Joint Effort by Jordyn Starr

Published 2 months ago

Me by Patt

Published 2 months ago

The Golden Wing Circus by Rachel Rubinoff

Published 2 months ago

Blue by RainAndSonder

Published 2 months ago

Character Creator by -Foxmillionaire-

Published 2 months ago

From Dawn To Dusk by -Foxmillionaire-

Published 2 months ago

Accusation by Laika

Published 2 months ago

Midnight Musing by Laika

Published 2 months ago

My Body For The Taking by Morrigan

Published 2 months ago

Character by LyraLynne

Published 2 months ago

In the Light of Day by seb

Published 2 months ago

TrUe LoVe by Kaitlyn ❄

Published 2 months ago

:D :D I LOVE DES BOOKS :D :D by Kaitlyn ❄

Published 2 months ago

Princess Karma by Isabella Swenson

Published 2 months ago

On Sports by E.S. Paul

Published 2 months ago

The Life of Death (Aussie23) by Kaitlyn ❄

Published 2 months ago

Featured Writer (#12) by Kaitlyn ❄

Published 2 months ago

Criticism by Kaitlyn ❄

Published 2 months ago

Notebook.ai by Bellbell0307

Published 2 months ago

Note to all horror writers by Southwell

Published 2 months ago

Returning Home Again by Maloney2007

Published 2 months ago

17 Syllables by ASLpoet

Published 2 months ago

A Child by ARSauble

Published 2 months ago

A Thief's Challenge: Chapter 1 by GodsGirl4

Published 3 months ago

Prayers Please by Mayzen

Published 2 months ago

Horrendous Heretic by Blakelee

Published 2 months ago

Time by Paperbird

Published 2 months ago

Don't Judge the Music by Brewberry

Published 2 months ago

My Body For The Taking by Morrigan

Published 2 months ago

Some People Are Doing It by Lee Fudge

Published 2 months ago

Moon in the Water by Lee Fudge

Published 2 months ago

Collapsed by Tequilamockingbird22

Published 2 months ago

Unspoken Challenge by ARSauble

Published 2 months ago

Breve by winnietan

Published 2 months ago

Will They Remember by Riley Noel

Published 2 months ago

Just Woke Up by Peyto Bean

Published 2 months ago

Video Gamer Fail by NATBAT

Published 2 months ago

Things by Surly Wombat

Published 2 months ago

Here's to the Stereotypes by RainAndSonder

Published 2 months ago

Dawn of Dusk (Glytch Montoya) by Kaitlyn ❄

Published 3 months ago

11 by Surly Wombat

Published 3 months ago

Work of Art by Surly Wombat

Published 3 months ago

The Beauty In Shadows by M. Elyse Lynch

Published 3 months ago

Death Gulch: Chapter One by Lee Fudge

Published 3 months ago

Day 17 - My Worst Birthday by Gabriel Goodwin

Published 3 months ago

All of Us by † Skyward Bound †

Published 3 months ago

You and I by † Skyward Bound †

Published 3 months ago

Brilliant Milky Moon by † Skyward Bound †

Published 3 months ago

Hated Things by RainAndSonder

Published 3 months ago

Deteriorate by Marie

Published 3 months ago

A Deal With the Devil by MyShotPotter

Published 4 months ago

If You Want.... by Kaitlyn ❄

Published 3 months ago

Letter to my Unsuspecting Savior by LyraLynne

Published 3 months ago

Free Will by YayaZ

Published 3 months ago

All Of Our Monsters by Ireland Castle

Published 3 months ago

Sleeping with the router by ryantan5577

Published 3 months ago

Red by ShadowsAlive

Published 3 months ago

It's What I Get by Kaitlyn ❄

Published 3 months ago

Tell Me by theresafrance

Published 3 months ago

bored? read this :) #3 by Ameliorated18

Published 3 months ago

TITLES PEOPLE TITLES by Kaitlyn ❄

Published 3 months ago

Springs Never End by KitFisto898

Published 3 months ago

The Characters Are Everything by PurpleFly101

Published 3 months ago

Chapter 1: The Secret by sparkdust

Published 3 months ago

Who's the Real Monster? by Glytch Montoya

Published 3 months ago

...I don't understand... by Glytch Montoya

Published 3 months ago

Meaning of Life? (FF) by Glytch Montoya

Published 3 months ago

The Knave by Laika

Published 3 months ago

The Slender Man by Ursa Rover

Published 3 months ago

Imaginary Friend by PurpleFly101

Published 3 months ago

UneXpEcTEd reALitY by Plausible.Poems

Published 3 months ago

Turning by Paperbird

Published 4 months ago

Torn Between Sides by -Foxmillionaire-

Published 3 months ago

The Squirshl by Gabriel Goodwin

Published 3 months ago

#Friendship by Gabriel Goodwin

Published 3 months ago

Reversed Meaning by Quilling Leaves

Published 3 months ago

Host by George Tom

Published 3 months ago

Dear Children and YA Authors by RainAndSonder

Published 3 months ago

My Interests/Hobbies by CreativeAngel

Published 3 months ago

Forgive and Forget? by Glytch Montoya

Published 8 months ago

The Things That No One Tells You by Gerard

Published 3 months ago

THINGS YOU HATE~~~A Custom Prompt by SamG953

Published 3 months ago

Maddening Duality by Glytch Montoya

Published 8 months ago

Its Coming!! by PurpleFly101

Published 3 months ago

Memoir: Life With My Sister by renee.bbn

Published 3 months ago

Vine Child by ascendantmoon

Published 3 months ago

Dorky Writing Prompts! by Casual_Bongos

Published 3 months ago

THE FREINDLY MONSTER by kharmon

Published 3 months ago

In the Light of Day by seb

Published 3 months ago

Mission on Earth by Gabriel Goodwin

Published 3 months ago

Coming Home by LyraLynne

Published 3 months ago

Peer Reviewing!! by camlily

Published 3 months ago

When It's Cold I'd Like To Die by Casual_Bongos

Published 3 months ago

The Slender Man by Ursa Rover

Published 3 months ago

puppy love by annahaury

Published 3 months ago

Innocence Left Me That Day by Reanimated

Published 3 months ago

The Squirshl by Gabriel Goodwin

Published 3 months ago

Reality by RedWriter

Published 3 months ago

Teenage Years by Maddie Martinez

Published 3 months ago

.. by howlnground

Published 3 months ago

Winkle and the Window by Laika

Published 11 months ago

Sticks and Stones by Kennedy

Published 3 months ago

loving music by whenvesselruled

Published 3 months ago

Prompt: The Thief by Ursa Rover

Published 3 months ago

On Writing (Please Read) by RainAndSonder

Published 3 months ago

who needs a boy? by I.C. Fynnheart

Published 3 months ago

Blue Thread by theresafrance

Published 3 months ago

Mission on Earth by Gabriel Goodwin

Published 3 months ago

The Queen of Fae by Tequilamockingbird22

Published 3 months ago

Open letter to the boy who broke me by sav02020

Published 3 months ago

The Dance of Aurora by -Foxmillionaire-

Published 3 months ago

Day 26- Ten Favorite Songs by RainAndSonder

Published 3 months ago

What's a Good Friend? by Michael Cecil

Published 3 months ago

Thorn As Sharp As Nail by DragonMasterFox

Published 3 months ago

World of Fire by BlueWriter

Published 6 months ago

Life Sound Color by BlueWriter

Published 6 months ago

Happy by BlueWriter

Published 4 months ago

Fist Impressions by theresafrance

Published 3 months ago

10 Starchild Writing Prompts by Starchild

Published 3 months ago

Control by creative.writer

Published 4 months ago

The Cactus And The Fox by AMBER BIAS

Published 4 months ago

10 Facts About You by Number Two

Published 4 months ago

30 Day Writing Prompts challenge by LyraLynne

Published 4 months ago

Saved from the Dragon by Kaitlyn ❄

Published 4 months ago

Opposites Attract by Ruthina Boyal

Published 8 months ago

(New Prompt) Punny Prompt by SamG953

Published 4 months ago

In January by agustdv

Published 4 months ago

物の哀れ by agustdv

Published 4 months ago

दर्द by agustdv

Published 4 months ago

>:( by LackingASocialLife

Published 4 months ago

Unpopular Opinions by AcetheticallyPleasing

Published 7 months ago

Untitled Piece by GeoPlayer123YT

Published 4 months ago

<3 <3 <3 by Kaitlyn ❄

Published 4 months ago

Untitled by Aussie23

Published 4 months ago

Fire by Aussie23

Published 4 months ago

10 things I look for in a person by Aussie23

Published 4 months ago

Tumbling and Stumbling. by I.C. Fynnheart

Published 4 months ago

Something Worth Mentioning by Reanimated

Published 4 months ago

Rose, A Thorn by Maelona Garth

Published 4 months ago

Night Child, Chapter One by Korai

Published 4 months ago

The Slowly Corrupted Day by neo7v

Published 4 months ago

Dime Guy by Lee Fudge

Published 4 months ago

Day 1 - Blinded Color Blue by *~. Audrey .~*

Published 4 months ago

THE DROUGHT by Natalie Kim

Published 4 months ago

Acing Being Me by neo7v

Published 4 months ago

Ind One Sia by Lee Fudge

Published 4 months ago

Feminism by AcetheticallyPleasing

Published 4 months ago

LASL About Me Answers by AcetheticallyPleasing

Published 4 months ago

About Me (Prompt by LASL) by ARSauble

Published 4 months ago

Words Dancing by -Foxmillionaire-

Published 4 months ago

​The Childhood by Engi Abou-El-Kheir

Published about 1 year ago

Challenges by the Dozen by Elizabeth Bennet

Published 5 months ago

GOODNOIGHT by LackingASocialLife

Published 4 months ago

Momma says I'm special by Sentenced

Published 4 months ago

January by Echo.Echo

Published 4 months ago

Riddle by Tequilamockingbird22

Published 4 months ago

Am I Enough? by Kaitlyn ❄

Published 4 months ago

Practice by Emily Rice

Published 4 months ago

Mirror, Mirror by CreativeAngel

Published 4 months ago

The Collector by sinterspinel

Published 4 months ago

She's the Odd One by Kaitlyn ❄

Published 4 months ago

Faith Filled by Bellbell0307

Published 4 months ago

(Edited.) A Random Sentence by Bellbell0307

Published 4 months ago

Spark by FairNoble

Published 4 months ago

Growing Up by Echo.Echo

Published 4 months ago

Dear Old Self, by Gabriel Goodwin

Published 5 months ago

Our Snow Kin by Juniper Sora

Published 4 months ago

Analysis of a Crumpled Ball by Mystery Girl

Published 4 months ago

Alphabetical Fight by Sentenced

Published 4 months ago

Love? by Patt

Published 6 months ago

Horse Soldier! Horse Soldier! by Kahasai

Published 5 months ago

Wish upon a Robin’s call by emisanchez91

Published 5 months ago

This is the End... by Ursa Rover

Published 5 months ago

Ice-Skating by ARSauble

Published 5 months ago

Nothing To Them by ~M.L.Bartlett~

Published 5 months ago

Advice to Novelists by LyraLynne

Published 5 months ago

The Pepper Room by LyraLynne

Published 5 months ago

White Noise by I.C. Fynnheart

Published 5 months ago

The Heartsmith by ~M.L.Bartlett~

Published 5 months ago

Hospice by agustdv

Published 5 months ago

Intertwined - EP by Your Alien Author.

Published 5 months ago

Pink. by Your Alien Author.

Published 5 months ago

Mere Words by Kahasai

Published 6 months ago

Excerpt: The Beginning by Ursa Rover

Published 5 months ago

They Say by Hungry Hipster

Published 5 months ago

Natalie by Dana Jettson

Published 5 months ago

Turkey Vengence by Hungry Hipster

Published 5 months ago

Leave It In 2017 (tag) by Unapologetic Regret

Published 5 months ago

The author in my head by Rosie.

Published 5 months ago

Beautiful. by Your Alien Author.

Published 5 months ago

Goldfish by camlily

Published 5 months ago

painting your own sun. by temy

Published almost 2 years ago

To My Notebook by :) Beka B :)

Published 5 months ago

unflourished by Paperbird

Published 6 months ago

My Favorite Color is Adaline by gwyn

Published 6 months ago

The Blurry Street by Opal

Published over 2 years ago

I wish by Writer?

Published 6 months ago

Why Do I Write by forest_5

Published 6 months ago

Beyond 5 P.M. by cspencer19

Published 6 months ago

Nonexistent (6) by Glytch Montoya

Published 6 months ago

Always Mine by Kaitlyn ❄

Published 6 months ago

Fifteen Years by ajhartwick

Published 6 months ago

my girl wears leather jackets by citywalkers

Published 6 months ago

Published 6 months ago

Lillian's Rain by Nadia Kotova

Published 6 months ago

Frogs in the Tub by Hadiyyah

Published 9 months ago

My thoughts, My poems by Flex!

Published 6 months ago

The Lightning Society by WhiltiernaWolfLord

Published 7 months ago

Midnight Whisper: Excerpt by Kahasai

Published 7 months ago

The House by samupp113

Published 7 months ago

Night Child by Korai

Published 7 months ago

Libros y Rosas by Olivia C

Published 9 months ago

A Little Slice of Me by Olivia C

Published 7 months ago

What would you do? by CostinGhiban

Published 7 months ago

Burgundwen by Laika

Published 10 months ago

Snow by Laika

Published 11 months ago

The Face by Laika

Published 11 months ago

Winkle and the Window by Laika

Published 12 months ago

Sun by Laika

Published 10 months ago

Chapter One: Graveyard by Laika

Published 7 months ago

Ready Aim Fire by -Foxmillionaire-

Published 8 months ago

The Serpent's Guild: Chapter I by LKW925

Published 7 months ago

A Sweeter Dance by Ursa Rover

Published 7 months ago

But We Didn't by Nadia Kotova

Published 7 months ago

Filling the Gaps by veejericaodd

Published 7 months ago

The King of the Morning Star by Kahasai

Published 7 months ago

The King of the Morning Star by Kahasai

Published 7 months ago

The Soldier's Story by Kahasai

Published 7 months ago

me, her, and the universe by mollyleah

Published 7 months ago

Hunters by Devon Koch

Published 7 months ago

86 Likes from Others

Wait

Liked by 1 person

Then Came Alex

Liked by 2 people

Me: Chapter 3

Liked by 1 person

Finding My Writing

Liked by 2 people

Me: Chapter 1

Liked by 3 people

Few: a tiny story

Liked by 4 people

Me: Chapter 2

Liked by 1 person

Finding My Writing

Liked by 5 people

Beautiful Things

Liked by 2 people

Lost in Myself

Liked by 2 people

Guitar Strings

Liked by 8 people

Fear

Liked by 1 person

An excerpt from my novel

Liked by 2 people

LASL's Prompts: Day 2

Liked by 3 people

LASL's Prompts: Day 1

Liked by 4 people

Chenquin

Liked by 3 people

LASL's Prompts: Day 15

Liked by 3 people

LASL's Prompts: Day 16

Liked by 1 person

Friendship

Liked by 3 people

Chenquin

Liked by 4 people

Highway, Human, and Me

Liked by 1 person

HELP!!!

Liked by 1 person

Highway, Human, and Me

Liked by 4 people

The Raven Mask

Liked by 3 people

Chenquin

Liked by 4 people

Chenquin

Liked by 3 people

LASL's Prompts: Day 6

Liked by 3 people

LASL's Prompts: Day 8

Liked by 4 people

LASL's Prompts: Day 10

Liked by 2 people

LASL's Prompts: Day 12/13

Liked by 2 people

LASL's Prompts: Day 14

Liked by 2 people

LASL's Prompts: Day 9

Liked by 1 person

LASL's Prompts: Day 11

Liked by 3 people

Food Personalities

Liked by 2 people

Writer's Weirdness

Liked by 9 people

Animal Personalities

Liked by 3 people

LASL's Prompts: Day 7

Liked by 2 people

LASL's Prompts: Day 5

Liked by 1 person

LASL's Prompts: Day 4

Liked by 1 person

The Soldier's Story

Liked by 5 people

LASL's Prompts: Day 3

Liked by 2 people

Animal Personalities

Liked by 2 people

Animal Personalities

Liked by 3 people

Thorns

Liked by 4 people

Food Personalities

Liked by 7 people

Food Personalities

Liked by 6 people

Summary of My Novel

Liked by 1 person

Food Personalities

Liked by 5 people

Food Personalities

Liked by 2 people

Leave It In 2017

Liked by 4 people

Food Personalities

Liked by 2 people

Wish Upon A Star

Liked by 3 people

HELP!

Liked by 1 person

Food Personalities

Liked by 2 people

Horse Soldier! Horse Soldier!

Liked by 1 person

Hello, Don't Kill Me

Liked by 6 people

Horse Soldier! Horse Soldier!

Liked by 1 person

Horse Soldier! Horse Soldier!

Liked by 2 people

Mere Words

Liked by 5 people

Music of the River

Liked by 2 people

Music of the River

Liked by 2 people

Harvest Moon

Liked by 1 person

Midnight Whisper: Excerpt

Liked by 4 people

The Soldier's Story

Liked by 1 person

The Sunder of Ghosts

Liked by 1 person

Midnight Whisper: Excerpt

Liked by 1 person

Midnight Whisper: Excerpt

Liked by 1 person

The King of the Morning Star

Liked by 2 people

The King of the Morning Star

Liked by 1 person

This Is Justice So They Claim

Liked by 3 people

If I Spoke My Name: version 2

Liked by 1 person

If I Spoke My Name: version 1

Liked by 1 person

Good neighbor

We like your photo and your biography.

Earned 7 months ago

Pro reviewer

You've now submitted over five reviews!

Earned 7 months ago

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned 7 months ago

Follower

You're following over five other writers.

Earned 7 months ago

Supporter

You're following over 10 other writers right now.

Earned 6 months ago

Admirer

You've followed over twenty other writers!

Earned 3 months ago

Leader

You're being followed by over five other writers!

Earned 7 months ago

Super star

You've got SO many followers - more than thirty!

Earned 4 months ago

Power writer

Do you ever sleep? You've written over TEN THOUSAND WORDS.

Earned 6 months ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned 7 months ago

Prolific

You really are prolific - you've published over ten pieces already.

Earned 6 months ago

Favoriter

Love your work - you've read and favorited over ten pieces published by others

Earned 7 months ago

Popular penman

Very nicely done - you've got over ten favorites.

Earned 7 months ago

Reviewer

You've reviewed!

Earned 7 months ago

Top critic

Woohoo. You've submitted over fifteen reviews.

Earned 4 months ago

Competitor

Thanks for entering a competition.

Earned 6 months ago

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Patron inactive

Become a patron of writers - follow over thirty of them.