Fountain pen profile

Lara Isabel

“Which of us has not felt that the character we are reading in the printed page is more real than the person standing beside us?”

Hello! I'm Lara, a thirteen-year-old aspiring author whose best friends live within her laptop's Pages application. When I'm not reading, writing, or doing homework, my life consists of drinking tea, playing board games, and singing along to my ukulele.
Any feedback that you have for me is welcome; I am always seeking to improve myself as both a person and a writer.

Fountain pen profile
F g

Lara Isabel (Canada) started following Phoebe L (United States)

Fountain pen profile
Rogue one a star wars story key art 4k 8k 3840x2160

Lara Isabel (Canada) started following Lucy_Cerys (Australia)

Fountain pen profile
Supporter

Lara Isabel (Canada) earned a badge Supporter

Fountain pen profile

Lara Isabel (Canada) liked Year Eleven by Lucy_Cerys (Australia)

Fountain pen profile

Lara Isabel (Canada) liked Ornamental Women by Lou Hood (United States)

Fountain pen profile
Facetune 2

Lara Isabel (Canada) started following Lou Hood (United States)

Fountain pen profile

Lara Isabel (Canada) published:

A Dream: The Lifeline Project

A blonde reporter’s face appears on the screen, permeated by a grim and yet admittedly photogenic grimace. “Due to unexpected complications with the military’s new super-weapon, the sun has begun going supernova. People have gathered outside the major government institutions all over the world, begging for answers and even resorting to violence where none are forthcoming. Now, the latest space program, the Lifeline Project, has come forward with a way to save the human race.”
    My mother glides...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Fountain pen profile

Lara Isabel (Canada) published:

Ours

PROMPT: My December Competition

December is a special month of the year.

Imagine a perfect Canadian Christmas night. It would be December, of course. The children would be camping by a star-topped Christmas tree in hopes of seeing a certain fabled, fur-lined saint. Outside, if you were to go outside, would exude an air of a winter bundled away in a black and white blanket of stars, glowing with spectral pixie lights that can't be seen at any other time...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Fountain pen profile
Image

Lara Isabel (Canada) started following Brenna Riedy (United States)

Fountain pen profile

Lara Isabel (Canada) liked ​Hummingbird by Aspen Gray (United States)

A Dream: The Lifeline Project

My mother glides in and switches off the TV. “Tranquility, you know I don’t like—” Suddenly, the earth shakes. “Earthquake!” she screams, which doesn’t make any sense because we’re not anywhere near the plate boundaries. I whip around to get my little brother Angel, but he’s gone. “Angel!” I cry, and Conlan, my older brother, appears with blood running down his face. “Grab my hand!” he calls. I reach towards him as the room begins to fill with light, and suddenly I’m alone...

My December Competition

Ours

Imagine a perfect Canadian Christmas night. It would be December, of course. The children would be camping by a star-topped Christmas tree in hopes of seeing a certain fabled, fur-lined saint. Outside, if you were to go outside, would exude an air of a winter bundled away in a black and white blanket of stars, glowing with spectral pixie lights that can't be seen at any other time of year.
    And there would be snow. Snow everywhere, falling, falling, falling. 'I'm dreaming of a white Christmas,' goes the song. So that's what we would be doing. Hoping that, come Christmas morning, we would be 'walking in a winter wonderland.'
    There would be an unmistakable reverence vibrating in each voice, mixed intermittently with the scents of sugary cinnamon and freshly baked cookies. Christmas Eve is the only time of year when I would be...

Ten Words to You

Loved

Winds, walls.
Plush blankets, crystalline electric candles glow.
Warmth.
Loved.

The Art of Specificity

Assassins

She walks through the door.

She approaches the great oaken doors, traces a bare hand down their grooves, and then pushes them open just enough for her to slip through.

Slowly, slowly. We mustn't wake the children, she chides herself as she glides soundlessly towards the intricately carved panels that are the palace doors. Then she stops and pulls down her crimson hood, shaking out a mushroom cap of pale blue hair and smiling as she does so. Her alabaster hand reaches up, groping at her head, searching... ah! There it is. She pulls out a tarnished hairpin and rolls it about in her right hand as her left comes up to trace the familiar grooves of the door, looking for the ever-elusive keyhole designed to keep people like her out. But she is well trained, and soon her fingernail catches on a silhouette of cool, tangy metal. She has found it, she knows, but she pokes around a bit...

Ten Words to You

Loved

Winds, walls.
Warmth.
Loved.

Birdsong

An Untitled Song

I:

This is not something that they will write down.
This is not something that they care to write down.
These glistening dewdrops of magical music,
These radiant sun rays of magical music.
Because they are the wings of the world.
Because they are the wings of our world.
And that is all.
But that is not all.

II:

"It is an odd thing, this nest,"
Proudly proclaims the robin red-breast,
In a twittering rhapsody that only the earliest of birds will have.
The rest of it is up for grabs, but not
Not this half,
Not this half.

Sparkling, shining in the light of a moon,
The song will rest, but soon...

Phrooo, tee te tweee,
Caw-caw, caw, sssssssss, whoosh,
He hee, Auwwww, roo,
Yitter yitter yitter yee,
Thwi-i-i-i-ill.

And then:

"Sally want a cracker!"
Parrots are birds too, don't forget.

And so is the rooster, "cock-a-doodle-doo!"
They are the outliers and outcasts,
but their song is just as...

My December Competition

Ours

Imagine a perfect Canadian Christmas night. It would be December, of course. Little boys and little girls would be camping by a star-topped Christmas tree in hopes of seeing a certain fabled, fur-lined saint. Outside, if you were to go outside, would exude an air of a winter bundled away in a black and white blanket of stars, glowing with spectral pixie lights that can't be seen at any other time of year.
    And there would be snow. Snow everywhere, falling, falling, falling. 'I'm dreaming of a white Christmas,' goes the song. So that's what we would be doing. Hoping that, come Christmas morning, we will be 'walking in a winter wonderland.'
    There would be an unmistakable reverence vibrating in the voices of carollers and family members alike, mixed intermittently with the scents of sugary cinnamon and freshly baked cookies. Christmas Eve is...

Lara Isabel's 8 Likes

Year Eleven by Lucy_Cerys

Published 4 days ago

Ornamental Women by Lou Hood

Published 3 days ago

​Hummingbird by Aspen Gray

Published 23 days ago

My Name by AcetheticallyPleasing

Published 27 days ago

Am I Pretty Yet? by AcetheticallyPleasing

Published 19 days ago

Beautiful by Aspen Gray

Published about 2 months ago

A Mothers Regrets by Clare B

Published about 2 months ago

If only they knew by LackingASocialLife

Published 8 days ago

3 Likes from Others

A Dream: The Lifeline Project

Liked by 1 person

Assassins

Liked by 1 person

Loved

Liked by 2 people

Good neighbor

We like your photo and your biography.

Earned 7 days ago

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned 6 days ago

Follower

You're following over five other writers.

Earned 6 days ago

Supporter

You're following over 10 other writers right now.

Earned 3 days ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned 7 days ago

Favoriter

Love your work - you've read and favorited over ten pieces published by others

Earned 6 days ago

Admirer inactive

Follow over twenty other writers to become an admirer!

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Competitor inactive

It's as easy as entering a competition to earn this badge.

Leader inactive

Become a leader of the pack when over five other writers start following you.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Patron inactive

Become a patron of writers - follow over thirty of them.

Popular penman inactive

Get over ten favorites for your work to become a Popular Penner.

Power writer inactive

Keep going! Write over ten thousand words and you'll be a Power Writer.

Pro reviewer inactive

Submit over five reviews and get that Pro Reviewer feeling.

Prolific inactive

Publish over ten different pieces to be truly prolific!

Reviewer inactive

Just write and submit a review to become a reviewer. Get to it!

Super star inactive

Get your writing career glittering with more than thirty followers.

Top critic inactive

Submit over fifteen reviews and you'll be a top critic.