Lucy_Cerys

Born in the Mother Country but living in Oz. I write because... well, check out the first piece I published here and you'll see ;)

Still getting to grips with this site. Love getting comments, so if you're up for it, read something below (or wherever they're hiding) and hit me up! I mean humans are all about connections and all that jazz, right?

Peer Reviews

Numb

PROMPT: The Art of Specificity

I know I just reviewed one of your other pieces but I can't help myself!! Again, well done. Also, I liked how you kept things quite short. It's nice and digestible, especially on a site like this.

over 2 years

This.

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

This. This was pretty damn brilliant!! I like the full stop on your title - it has a confronting finality and the repetition of it throughout reinforces this. I look forward to reading more of your work - well done!

over 2 years

Who's at the door?

PROMPT: Birdsong

I highlighted areas which according to standard grammar rules need capitalisation however I think this may have been done for effect and it really works like this so if that's so, please leave it! Your poem stood out to me because of your wonderfully unique take on the prompt given - nice one!!

over 2 years

CAW

PROMPT: Birdsong

This is a really interesting and creative piece. Well done!

over 2 years

your self

Please please check your grammar!! Other than that, well done - I thought it was admirable how you weren't afraid to publish such a short piece.

over 2 years

Why I Write

PROMPT: Why I Write

I would be very curious to learn more about your background so I could understand your writing style better. This is a good start for an answer and it was interesting to read. What I find incredibly frustrating is that you have a good skeleton here but with so many mistakes in the body - the syntax for example. Reread your work and reread it again. Words have been skipped and your grammar needs work. Always leave a space after commas and full stops. Capitalise I's. Think about better words to replace ones that don't seem to flow so well. Overall tgis is a good start. You made some nice and insightful points. It would have been great uf you could have clarified a few of them to create better flow. Well done though and never stop writing :)

over 2 years

Revision

Please please please use 'you're' correctly. Your = his, hers, thier You're = you are Also I like the way you used syntax to create effect. The poem had great rhythm with an easy flow and nothing seemed forced. Well done. Look forward to reading your next piece.

over 2 years

Let Me Fall

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2017

This was my first peer review so I hope it was up to standard. Let me know if you want me to clarify anything. Well done and keep writing :)

over 2 years