AcetheticallyPleasing

Asexual || Dreamer || Hufflepuff
Hopeless romantic dreaming to find her true love
Songs || Stories || Poems
In love with two people, plus someone who can never be mine.

Each and every one of you is special.

You’re made of stardust, too.

If you can’t find a bright side, it’s okay to sit in the dark for little bit while your eyes adjust. It’ll be easier to find light after that.

I love you to the moon and back.

Their “I love you”s

Sometimes I get nervous that my bumblebee has lost interest in me. 
I worry I wasn’t enough, I worry that they’ll never love me the way I love them. 
I fear this for the main reason being that they don’t express affection the way I do. 
I express my love with mass texts, pleas to call, and drawings of them that litter my art account on Instagram. 
I curl in on myself, realising they haven’t drawn me in a while. Realising they don’t seem interested when we text. Realising they prefer to spend their time playing games with friends or watching YouTube. Realising that they’ve stopped asking to call, to play games, to even watch them play a game. They used to plan out ways to make me blush and stutter, finding it cute. They used to flirt like crazy. They used to love talking about me to someone and saying “girlfriend”. They used to talk to me nonstop, 24/7,...

People as Nature

Bumblebee

Oh, my bumblebee, how you once scared me.
Seeing you before used to make me want to run and hide.
You have so much power behind the buzz of your wings,
It intimidated me before.
Your stinger scared me more than your kind intentions.
But now, as you rest your body on my offered finger, I can see you up close and realise
You're not scary at all.
The buzz of your wings stays powerful, but as we get to know each other,
You direct that power towards protecting me from everyone.
Including myself.
You're sillier than I originally thought, bumbling around chaotically and clumsily.
The "I love yous" you whisper to me are sweet like honey.
The comfort you bring to me when I'm upset is like a warm and fuzzy hug.
It's too bad we can't really be together yet.
You have to stay in your beehive, and I have to stay in my own home.
I don't...

Polyamory

Some people fear it.
Some people embrace it.
The idea of loving more than one person at one time, 
It's beautiful, no?
The concept of having so much love in your heart that giving it all to just one person is impossible. 
Every relationship has a different dynamic.
No two are alike.
Every relationship offers something new, provides something that others don't.
"One taught me love, one taught me patience, and one taught me pain."
At first I found that to be a silly song lyric trying to be deep. 
But it's understandable now.
I have one partner who is gentle, soft, and reserved. My lily of the valley.
A have another who is outspoken, protective, who exudes confidence towards others even when they don't feel very confident in reality. My bumblebee. 
My bumblebee and my lily aren't together, no.
They're friends, but our relationship is that of a V formation. 
Like birds migrating to find better conditions.
That's what...

Best Friend

What is so special about the term "best friend"? To some people it has no meaning, and they use it toward many people. To others, it has extremely significant meaning and they only honour one person with the title.
I am most definitely the latter. 
The term "best" has a clear meaning. Everyone knows what "best" means. It means the most excellent or desirable, indicating there's only one. 
I've kept the term to myself for a long time. I haven't trusted anyone to be deemed my best friend, because everybody has proven my concerns that they'll leave or betray me, or they stay, but they obviously just don't care about me.
Last month, my mental health switched upside down. I became happy. I began taking care of myself. Why? I found my best friend. 
They're precious to me now. They care about me, they make time for me, they assure me that they're genuinely there for me.
They don't just...

Maybe Someday We Can Be Together

Lots of people cry themselves to sleep at night. I'm one of them.
Tonight, for example, I'm crying hard.
I cry and cry and cry.
And then I start to giggle.
Heavy tears fall as suddenly there's a tickle inside me that forces out a chuckle. Just a little titter, nothing more.
But the seconds pass, and my giggles turn into laughs.
The minutes then pass, and then my laughing is cackling.
The only sign I was crying is the tears drying on my cheeks. My eyes are dark but my laughter is loud and excited.
The rubber bands around my wrists shake and tremble with my twitching, my attempts to be still and calm my emotions.
No one else is home, but a face waves around on the screen on my phone.
I finally stop laughing.
A content and almost sleepy smile graces my face while my eyes remain cloudy, heavy, distant.
A slow hand picks up my phone,...

My Excuses

What am I doing?
I've lived my whole life dreaming of finding true love, and now I have it.
But I'm not grateful for it.

I've always been scared of being tied down by a relationship, but I've always wanted a relationship. For the majority of my life, I've always done what I wanted and acted impulsively, because there was no one who liked me enough to feel neglected when I didn't pay attention to them. I've always bounced between the newest things that excite me in order to fill the hole in my heart left by a lack of receiving love. 

But now I have love. I'm in love with the most amazing person in the universe. My heart is getting used to the fact that "Hey, Ace, somebody actually wants your attention. Give it to them. Stop running away from them."

But I'm still running. Why am I running? Am I afraid that gaining their love means risking...

A Good Girlfriend

You are all I've ever wanted.
You're patient, understanding, kind, trusting.
You give me hugs when I need them and you let me vent to you no matter what may be happening in your own life.
You're adorable, from head to toe.
What you don't see in yourself, I see in you.
You've saved my life.
I'd be happy to be with you forever.
I love being wrapped in your arms.
I love playing with your hands and being dumb.
I love looking at you and knowing "they're mine."

You've been scared.
You think I'll leave you.
Because of what your body is unable to do.
Because you're not a boy like I've always dreamed of.
Because you love being near me and crave my attention.
Because I've finally found a place where people don't push me away or ignore me.
Because I have new friends.
Because you have no use to me anymore.

I've been blind.
All the times...

Lily of the Valley

I waited 17 years to find you.
My flower.
Your white petals resemble the purity of our relationship, the happiness you've returned to me.
The sweet scent that your blossoms send my way, they make me feel more at home than my own house. 
But you already know that. 
It's said that your bell-shaped blossoms bring luck in love.
I believe it.
Never before have I found a flower that makes me feel the way you do.
My parents think you're poisonous. They've only ever read things about flowers like you. They've never seen you, taken in your scent, held you in their arms as I have. 
Where they see poison, I see the immense healing properties you possess.
They only like sunflowers. The bright bulbs that always face the sun with open petals.
They wouldn't want me holding onto a flower with a bowed stem.
Sunflowers are pretty.
But my lily is even prettier.
My lily of the valley. ...

Love in Words

In an Ocean of 1s and 0s

I'm writing to tell you I love you.

You're not only the brightest star in my galaxy, but you're every star.

I see you in the way the moonlight travels through my window, and I see you in the way the rain falls almost every day. The petrichor reminds me of your homey scent, making me feel immediately at ease. I hear your laughter when cars zoom by, I see your smile when my favourite song comes on, reminding me of you. Your hair as red as my cheeks that heat up the moment someone mentions your name, your eyes as golden as the heart I wear on my sleeve to make you proud. The cat you want that I'm allergic to, she walks around my house in a Maltese's body. The computers you grew up with, I'm learning to code. The jokes you make, I make them too, and for the same underlying reason. You're a twin, by genetics and...

Contest Winners!

Oh my stars, this took so hecking long, and I do apologise. 

If you don't know, a while back, I began a writing contest of three prompts, #OuterSpace, #Wonderland, and #Colours, and I've received so so many amazing pieces. 

Because I took so long to get this done, along with the preexisting prizes for the winners, I will add 5 likes to 1st place winners of any piece of their choice, and 1 like to 2nd place of any piece of their choice.

Now, so as to not keep you all waiting anymore, let's get to the winners!

#Colours- The responses I've received for this absolutely blew me away. With such a simple prompt, you guys went above and beyond all of my expectations. 
    1st Place- #colors by thelostprince
        This swept me away. Each colour had a different story to it, well done, absolutely well done.
    2nd Place- A life of #Colours by Maryam...

Contest Update

So a short while I hosted a writing contest made up of three prompts, and I received lots of amazing entries! I just want to apologise for not posting the winners or anything like that yet. Lots of stuff has gone down recently, and I haven't had the motivation or time to really do anything on WtW. 

This is just to say, sorry for not posting the winners, and I'ĺl get to it soon. ^^ Over and out!

Remembered Wishes || Chapter 1- Once Upon a Time

My excited eyes reflect my mother's lips as she finishes yet another story of the boy who never grows up. Riddled with glee, I jump on my bed and hold on tight to my homemade cap, a real red feather sewn into the green felt. Laughter fills my small bedroom- mine as much as my mother's. She glances to my digital clock and smiles a knowing smile at me. 

"Miss Mercedes Singer... did you ask for another story just so you could stay up? You know it's a school night." Her voice holds an admirable balance between play and firm. I tilt my head at her as I sit back down and pull my cap off my head, resulting in my dark brown hair sticking out every which way. 

"But Mommy," I sigh, "Why do I even have to go? Peter Pan doesn't have to go to school." I smile at my point, and she pinches the bridge of my...

Novel Writing Competition 2019

Hopeless (A)romantic

Platonic love is the only love I know. Romantic love is beyond my understanding. 
    I find myself with mixed emotions yet again. My heart flutters as I recollect my fantasy of finally meeting that special someone and being able to love them with everything I have. My heart quivers as I wallow in the fact that even after seventeen years of being alive, I haven't felt this way for anyone, and perhaps I never will. 
    So many songs, in general, are about love. I couldn't get away from it if I tried. Why would I try? I'd give anything to know what it feels like. Romance is such a cute thing. Dancing in the moonlight, cuddling under four blankets, squeezing someone's hand three times, I'm a sucker for it all. I find myself constantly wondering how I feel about people. It always returns to the weird question of, "do I like you, or do I just like you?" My Google...

Contest Contest Contest!

Alright y'all, it's been a fat minute since I've posted anything. I need to get back into the swing of things. What better way to do so than a contest?

Prompts:

- #OuterSpace - Write about anything related to the universe. A poem about stargazing. A short story about landing on Venus. Whether you believe Pluto is a planet! Fly me to the moon, let me play among the stars. Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars.

- #Wonderland - If you've learned nothing else about me, I sure hope you know how important dreams are to me. Write about something you dream about, something you desire with all your heart! Your biggest fantasies, bring them to life.

- #Colours - Write me something that includes at least 5 colours overall. It can be as simple as describing a rainbow, or it can be something that completely speaks to you. Write about the colours metaphorically or...

Open Prompt

Writing Bilingual Characters

This isn't a story or song or anything I usually write, but I've seen a lot of short stories and such that feature bilingual characters, and I figured I could give some tips on how to make them seem more natural!

#1 : Language Switches
God have mercy on every writer who has attempted to write a bilingual character and made them switch into their second language by accident. I can promise you, this will almost never happen in real life. 
    "Ay, ay, ay! No puede dejar su basura aquí!" Terry shouted before pausing. "Oh, sorry. Sometimes I let my Spanish slip without noticing."
No. No. No. Language is a conscious action. You know what you're saying and you know which language you are saying it in. To play it safe, never have a character accidentally switch languages. If their native tongue is English, they will always speak English unless the need arises to speak another language. ...

Issues

I have anger issues.
But they're not the issues everyone else talks about. I don't lash out really easily or have the world's shortest fuse.
My anger issue... Is I'm not allowed to get angry.

"Oh, no, Ace, it's just you're not allowed to act on your anger in destructive ways-" 
No. I'm not allowed to be angry. I'm not allowed to show it on my face or go quiet or answer improperly. I have to control my facial expressions, my words, my heartbeat, my angered tears when they try to fall. I'm sure anyone else with strict parents can relate to an extent. 

I have trust issues.
But they're not the issues everyone else talks about. I don't have a trust-no-one complex. At least, I didn't use to. 
My trust issue... Is I trust too much, too easily. 

"Ace, I've seen your writing. You have a very hard time trusting anyone."
You're right, dear reader. I do have a...

Love Letter || Original Song

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Verse 1. 

Your blue eyes are diamonds
They're all I see
When you look at me
My heartbeat is climbin' 
A new degree
It sets me free

Pre-Chorus.
And I can't find the words to say
So in my bed, I lay
Hoping you will just give me a chance

Chorus. 
Hey, I know we're not best friends, but
Hey, I don't wanna pretend
Like you're just any other boy I know
So hey, I know you're cooler than me, and
Hey, I know you probably
Don't even realize why I'd give it a go
I know I'm just me, I can't do better
But thank you for at least reading my love letter
Reading my love letter

Verse 2. 
You're so out of my league
But still, I try
I don't know why
Closer, I wish we could be
I feel so high
When you pass by

Pre-Chorus.
And I can't find the courage to
Even talk to...

Love Letter || Original Song

Verse 1. 

Your blue eyes are diamonds
They''re all I see
When you look at me
My heartbeat is climbin' 
You talk to me
And I start to freeze

Pre-Chorus.
And I can't find the words to say
So in my bed, I lay
Hoping you will just give me a chance

Chorus. 
Hey, I know we're not best friends, but
Hey, I don't wanna pretend
Like you're just any other boy I know
Hey, I know you probably
Don't even realize why I'd give it a go
I know I'm just me, I can't do better
Reading my love letter

Verse 2. 
You're so out of my league
But still, I try
I don't know why
Closer, I wish we could be
You just say hi
When you pass by

Pre-Chorus.
And I can't find the courage to
Even...

When Ace Has Questions for You :)

Answer this Q&A with #Q&Ace in your title so I can see your answers! Can't wait my guys ^^ pleaseanswerthesepleasemakemefeelnoticed

1. How would you describe yourself physically? Height, weight, features (such as dimples or beauty marks), colors?

2. Who are your top three biggest WtW inspirations?

3. What's something you've been dying for people to know about you? Maybe something that everyone thinks about you that isn't true in the slightest?

4. How many languages do you speak? Which ones?

5. What are your aesthetics? Sunsets, flowers, pastels, lights?

6. Is there anything you'd like to know about me?

7.
What is the full acronym to you? LGBT? LGBTQIA? LGBTQ+? What's your sexuality? (Feel free not to answer this if you're uncomfortable)

8. Free question. Rant about something. Tell me a story. What's your zodiac sign? Favorite cheese? W̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶L̶A̶R̶P̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶m̶e̶?̶ Say whatever you want here.

9. What's something you love about yourself?

10. Is it hi or hey?...

Ace's V Late Q&A

So,,, like 5 months ago I asked for questions from you guys so I could answer them, but then I decided not to go through with it since I only received seven or so questions. But,,, I wanna answer them now. And seven is a good number. So. Here are my answers. 

Who are your WTW idols?
LackingASocialLife is my biggest WtW idol. Sadly, she is no longer here with us and has moved on to bigger things, but I hope she sees great success in her future. 
Your Local Flynn is really cool. Perhaps more of a platonic crush than an idol. I want to be his friend so bad, lmao.
Those two probably have the biggest impact on me. I light up whenever I receive a like or comment from one of them. 

When did you start writing?
I can't really say. I've been writing for as long as I can remember. Maybe since I was four or...

Amazing

I find it absolutely amazing 
That I have the mind I have.

It's amazing how I can believe in dragons,
and mermaids,
and fairies,
and happily ever after,
and Neverland,
but I can never believe in myself.

It's amazing
I can forgive the worst people.
I can forgive people who hurt me,
and people who broke me,
and people who lied to me,
no matter the damage,
whether severe or minor,
but I can never forgive myself. 

It is the most amazing thing to me
That I can see the good and the beauty
In everyone and everything.
The beauty in that singer,
and that empty Coke bottle.
The good in that villain on TV,
and that mean boy in third period,
but I see nothing good,
nothing beautiful,
nothing
in myself.

Follow Me || Original Song

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Verse 1.
Blue ripped jeans and 
Grey beanies
I can't sleep when I'm under these stars

Verse 2. 
Galaxies of
Possibility
I just wanna go out and run away, so far

Pre-Chorus.
So come on, let's go, come follow me

Chorus.
There's a whole world of unknown,
And I don't wanna explore it all alone
So if you wanna get away
And find new things to see,
Come on and follow me

Verse 3.
Queens and kings
Of painful things
We don't have to put up our walls tonight

Pre-Chorus.
And we can finally be who we are

Chorus.
There's a whole world of unknown,
And I don't wanna explore it all alone
So if you wanna get away
And find new things to see,
Come on and follow me
The sky is beckoning us now
We can get lost out in the clouds
Til dawn we can be who we wanna be
Come on and follow me

Bridge.
Blue ripped...

2019

2019

Two cups of worry.
A pint of positivity.
three teaspoons of mistakes.
Half a cup of beauty.
A pinch of suffering.
A tablespoon of compassion.
A sprinkle of the unknown.
Two drops of excitement. 
A dash of dreams.
Mix well.
Voilà!​
A delicious batch of 2019- The year of wonder​☆

Another Opinion

Hey guys ^^
So, last year I made a piece of fourteen opinions I have that were considered unpopular. Then as my birthday passed, I posted a fifteenth. 
Well... A few days ago, my birthday came again. Sixteen! So here I am with another opinion of mine.

"Respecting your elders."

Let's look at the definition of respect.

re·spect
/rəˈspekt/
noun

1. a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
I think it was LackingASocialLife who put this idea into a perspective that I've carried with me. There are two kinds of respect: respect as a person and respect as an authority. And oftentimes we get these mixed up. We're taught to respect others as people, and people older than us as authorities. And if we don't, we'll be punished. Many adults don't respect us as a person unless we respect them as an authority. There's a common saying that floats about that nearly everyone...

Spare Us Both || Original Song

1st Verse.

I still remember when you first said you loved me.
And I still remember how I thought, "Not likely".
You shared your kind words, said you'll always be here,
But it's hard for you to do so since all I show is fear.

2nd Verse.
You know I love you, and you know that I'm trying. 
You return the phrase, but I feel like you're lying. 
I want to believe that's how you see me, 
But my mind only whispers, "You're soon to leave."

Chorus.
This isn't fair to you, I'm scared to get close.
Just do us a favor and spare us both.
I can't believe you prize me, though I do know.
 Find someone who's confident, and spare us both. 

3rd Verse.
I'm sorry I can be so blind and unsure. 
I see my reflection, think, "Who would want her?"
I'm mean and I'm scared, so sensitive.
All of my thoughts are so negative.

Chorus.
This...

ohboy

I know I announced the winners of my contest a while back, and I still have yet to post reviews for their works. I will get it done soon, I've just suddenly had a lot going on. Birthdays, crushes, panic attacks, school, all this fun stuff. I just wanted to letcha know in case you were wondering "Hey Ace where the h e c c are my reviews mate?"

Lol okay seeya soon :)

Contest Winners!

Hey all! 
I know I said I'd try to get this out by the 5th but I ended up having to go somewhere so I couldn't get to it. 
This is gonna be rather short, considering there weren't too many entries and some contests had pieces by the same person. 
So without further Mountain Dew, let's see who won!

#Azúcar
1st place: Ellie O'Grady and their piece "El Azúcar Los Condujo"  
Runner-Up: SomeFormOfWriting and their piece "Agridulce"

#Hidden
1st place: stripedfly1001 and their piece "#Hidden"
Runner-Up: Your Local Flynn and their piece "#Hidden"

#ThatsNotMe
1st place: SomeFormOfWriting and their piece "They See"
No Runner-Ups for this contest.

#yeet
lol no one entered this one

Thank you all for entering! I really enjoyed reading these and I hope I'll get even more if I hold another contest! Congratulations, winners, and while I follow you, you and the runner-ups can comment here which pieces you'd like for me to review. I may...

Final Contest Update!

Hey, guys! Just a friendly update here to remind you that the deadline for all contest entries is tomorrow! 
You have the entirety of tomorrow to finish and post your entries, with the hashtag of the contest you're entering. After that, I'll accept none more, so be on top of that!

So far I've looked at quite a few entries, and they're all so amazing, so thank you for posting them! I can't wait to read more :)
    In case you've forgotten, or if you're just hearing about the contest, there are four you can enter, with the hashtags

#Azúcar
    #Hidden
    #ThatsNotMe
    #yeet

If you want to learn more about it, check out my piece "First Ever Contest wowowowowooo"
    I'd put in a link but I still don't know how to make it so the link is embedded in a single word like "here". 
 ...

Silly Silly

Silly, silly girl!
Silly, silly dreamer,
Silly, silly girl!

You think that you don't deserve love,
But that is far from true.
Your heart is big and made of gold,
Now who wouldn't love you?

You think that you are ugly, fat!
You're perfect as you are!
Your head is full of wonder and
Your eyes are brimmed with t̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ stars!

Silly, silly girl!
Silly, silly lover,
Silly, silly girl!

All you want is to fit in,
Be just like everyone.
But you know that you're not like them,
They're planets, you're the sun!

You're scared that everyone hates you,
Your anxiety, your biggest foe.
But every time you mention it,
Your friends' love for you grows!

Silly, silly girl!
Silly, silly loSer,
Silly, silly girl!

Your heart is heavy, not with gold
But because you're sad.
No one will go out of their way 
To make you feel wanted!

Stop pretending they like you
And just...

Q&A LET'S GET IT

OKAY SO ALL MY WTW IDOLS ARE DOING OR HAVE ALREADY DONE THEIR PERSONAL Q&A'S AND BECAUSE I'M PETTY AND DON'T HAVE A LIFE OF MY OWN I WANNA DO THAT TOO SO IF Y'ALL CAN LEAVE SOME QUESTIONS FOR ME IN THE COMMENTS I'D HIGHKEY APPRECIATE IT, ASK ME WHATEVER, MY NAME, MY FAVORITE CHEESE, MY BBBBBBBOYFRIEND- just kidding, what's a boyfriend? ANYWAY THANKS B'S LOVE Y'ALL 
ASK QUESTIONS
MAKE ME FEEL SPECIAL THANKS YOU LOOK GORGEOUS OKAYBYE

*cough* Ayo so

I'm writing a story about Peter Pan because he's my boi uwu 
Anyway I think it's a pretty good story so far but I still have anxiety so
Would y'all think it would be neat if I published my story chapter by chapter
wouldanyoneevenreaditactually- hopefully
anyway tell me whatchu think and if I should start posting it 
thanks
have a good day
you look real snazzy
loveyou

Foxmillionaire's 25 Question Q&A

Isn't conformity fun? I wasn't initially gonna do this but a lot of people are so here's another bandwagon I'm hopping on :D

If you could swap personalities with anyone who would you swap with? 
    As much as I talk about hating myself and everything I am, I like my personality as is. If I had to, though, I think I'd switch with Thomas Sanders cos that boy brightens up the world just by existing. 
2 What is your style in clothing?  
    I'm slowly getting into more aesthetic stuff. I used to be full emo but now I'm getting into brighter colors, skinny jeans and ripped jeans are always must-haves, and I wanna try crop tops but I have a belly so that can't happen xP
    I'm still not big on shoes or see the importance in the styles of them.
3 What are 10 things you want to learn how to do? 
 ...

Foxmillionaire's 25 Question Q&A

2 What is your style in clothing?  
 ...

Contest Clarification

I forgot to put this in when I posted about my contest, so I just wanted to clarify some things.

--You may enter each contest, one entry for each.

--Please put the hashtag of the contest you're entering in the title of your work so I can find it easier.

--You may put your entry in the comments section of the contest notice if you want me to look over it before the deadline. 

--Feel free to promote your own and others' works! Why should I get to have all the fun in deciding? Tell me who you guys think should win :)

--If you could spread the word of this contest to others who may have not seen the notice, that would be deeply appreciated. 

First Ever Contest wowowowowooo

Ayo guess who's stressed,
depressed,
not very well dressed,
AND READY TO HOP ON THIS BANDWAGON?

Hopefully this won't fall through and I'll actually get a few entries. 
Without further Mountain Dew, let's get to the prompts!

#Azúcar - Write a short story or poem about sugar. It can be metaphorical or it can just be silly. Bonus points if you write it in Spanish :)

#ThatsNotMe - What's a common misconception a lot of people have about you? Maybe they think you're stuck up, or optimistic, or straight. Write about how that couldn't be farther from the truth.

#Hidden - Write a poem or short story about anything at all. Italicize, bold, or capitalize certain letters to create a hidden word or message about what you really want to write about. If you need an example, visit my piece, "The Real Ace".

#Yeet -  Open prompt! Write about anything you want me (and anyone else) to know about you...

am I only allowed to set up contests if I'm popular

I see people setting up their own writing contests and I wanna hop on the bandwagon but I only have 48 followers and my WtW idols have at least 100 so

10 Second Essays

What We Don't Think About

- Dreaming doesn't end with waking up.
- Do we want to fly so we can find a new world or escape our own?
- Lonely doesn't always mean you're by yourself. 
- Smiles mean the same thing in every language, but frowns are a language all on their own.
- Some things are selfish acts intended to be selfless. 

Forward Backward

Important

It's all I've ever wanted. 
To feel important to someone,
Never to be their second choice but
Someone who matters more than anyone else.
To just one person, I want to be
Everything.

So many people have been my
Whole world.
It'd be nice to be someone else's
But I know deep down
There's always someone more important than me.
I'm just a backup plan, a last resort. 

I'm so tired of knowing
No matter who I"m with,
There's always someone else they'll choose over me.
I'm never really anyone's "best friend".
I know it's just how it works, it's who I am,
But it hurts.

I know I'll never be anyone's number one, their go-to person.

Why aren't I good enough?

This I Believe

Dream Louder

Why do we think that just because we wake up, we have to stop dreaming? Call them what you will- fantasies, fairy tales, thoughts, hopes, wishes- they're all beauties. 

When we're young, we're told to dream as much as we possibly can, and to never grow up. But most of us don't realize how important those lines are, and we try to grow up faster than we should. Once we're older, we all wish we could've understood how good we had it as little ones. Because once we're older, we're not allowed to dream anymore. We have to "wake up" and face reality. I hate that. I turn sixteen soon, which means I'll be pressured to get a job, learn to drive, start dating, stop believing in things that will never happen. I think that is absolutely ridiculous. I still have so much life left, and all it's worth is a college diploma, a boring job, and a soccer motherhood....

180

A Turn for the Better

When I was a little bean, not even out of elementary school, "gay" meant "happy". And I loved the new word, so I used it often. As I grew a tiny bit older, "gay" had a new meaning in my dictionary: homosexual. Once I learned the new meaning of the word, it popped up in nearly every conversation I heard. From people's tones and diction, I could tell being gay was a bad thing. In the words of my schoolmates, it was gross. In the words of my family, it was sinful. I made sure at that moment that I would never choose to be gay, and I would shut out anyone who would. After all, if everyone agrees on something, it must be true, right? So for a few years, I stayed away from lesbians and gay boys. I had a fight with my best friend because she insisted Lindsey Stirling was "lesbo". I liked Lindsey Stirling, so I...

Maybe You're Dreaming Too Much #howitfelt

His eyes are bright and so are mine.
Our passionate hearts so brightly shine.
We hold deep secrets, ones we fear to share.
For we feel no one can help- why would they dare?

His heart is mine, and mine is his.
The longer I don't see him, farther into the abyss.
A pit of sadness, emptiness, loneliness and fear.
All I ever want is for him to stay near.

But people all around say it's not meant to be.
Somebody like him could never love me.
I need to grow up, get my head out the clouds.
But compared to his love, their voices aren't very loud.

They only see his words, his appearance, but I see all of him.
My favorite person ever, making light of something dim.
He finds a joke in any sad situation.
Makes everyone happy, dreams of a space station.

"He's only in your head," they say, as if I'm going to listen.
But...

Mad Libs

Who is She?

Ace is a 15-year old wonderer and wanderer, who lives in Washington. Known for being critical yet compassionate, she wants nothing more than to be herself without fear. She pretends to be confident and happy, when in fact, inside, she really feels insecure about every little thing. Ace’s biggest fear is abandonment and rejection, as she's experienced it time and time again- each time taking a vital piece of herself away from her. What Ace needs is acceptance; the biggest thing getting in the way is herself. 

Kalei is a 15-year old enigma, who lives in America. Known for being witty and jocular, she wants nothing more than to feel noticed. She pretends to be happy-go-lucky, when in fact, inside, she really feels empty. Invisible. Kalei’s biggest fear is loneliness. What Kalei needs is people and attention; the biggest thing getting in the way is knowing no matter how hard she tries, in the end, no one will see her.
...

Just a Thanks :)

So I haven't been on wtw in a few months, and that's because I've been strangely busy. Trips, sleepovers, Supernatural, anime... yeah-  I've still been writing, just not posting as much. But I wanted to thank everyone who still looks at my pieces that I made months ago and are still commenting and liking them. I haven't been on this site in months as I said, and when I came on today and found my notifications bar in high numbers, it lifted me up a lot. So thank you guys. Prepare for more of my writing heading your way- especially when school starts again. ^^

25 Words

Hide Away

Don't worry about me.
She tried hard to keep it to herself. But a drop of emotion rolled down her cheek, and she was relieved. 

Improbable Flavor

The Taste of Wonder

"Look up at the night sky. Take a deep breath. What do you taste?"

"What do I taste?"

"Yes. Taste.
I taste wonder. A minty excitement popping in your mouth, like antarctica-flavored poprocks. A creamy donut when your thoughts pass those minty stars and swirl around the Milky Way. And past that is an impeccable flavor, lingering on your dancing tastebuds. A taste you know, a taste you've known all your life, but you're suddenly unable to recall its name. You don't know what it's called, but you don't care right now, because every millisecond now is spent on savoring that sweet comfort. 
Now, my child, what do you taste?"

What Makes You Think...

...That I am a happy person?
Is it my smile I've mastered?
My colored contacts to hide the broken glass behind them?
The compliments I constantly give out but never take?

...That your words don't hurt me?
Is it the way I laugh away your verbal bullets?
The fact that I don't give you the satisfaction of crying in front of you?
Your mind trying to tell you what you're saying is okay?

...That I'm not as valuable as every other person?
Is it my interests that don't match yours?
You trying to make yourself feel better about your own flaws?
The way I constantly tell myself I'm nothing?

...That I'm not trying to get better?
Is it me, being meaner to myself than anyone else is?
That I don't listen to my friends when I ask for their help?
That I don't always tell you what's going on, for whatever reason?

...That I can control my emotions?
sorry, i...

Tangled Emotions

Two balls of yarn. That was us.
Apart, never connecting, wrapped around our own small world.

A purple ball. A blue ball.

Until one fateful September day, me, a dark mess of myself, unraveling, I caught myself on your beautiful aqua string. 
As time passed, our yarn moved in harmony. We twisted and spun ourselves into an adorable friendship bracelet.
We alternated, complimenting each other's color. Purple, blue, purple, blue,

We created a galaxy of each other.

More time passed. We couldn't let go of each other, refusing to return to our simple solids. We continued to spin. 

Spin,
                and spin,
                                      and spin.

We hadn't realized it until we were done. We stopped moving when we realized: our synchronizing crafted a magnificent crocheted heart. My string weaved through yours, as yours did mine. We were no longer a galaxy, but a universe of each other. Purple, blue, purple, blue, purple, blue.

We spun more and more hearts....

Love in 13 Words

My Heart is in the Music

Dear Evan Hansen: Who knew a musical could save your life... for real?

Birdsong

A Loud Mind

"What goes on in that head of yours?"

A flutter of black. The tiniest cheep-cheep sound, faint. 
The pit-pit-pat of little feet rustling.
F-f-f-fsshh. Wings shake and feathers shake back. 
A trilling sound, unable to be understood.

Another flash. Black obscures your vision for a mere second longer.
Caaaw. Caaaaw. 
What's that sound?
The crow of a nearing bird.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!
It's louder. The bird is closer. 
The flap, flapping beat of its wings pounding against your ears. 
Three more birds spiral around you, your vision flashing.

Black. White. Black. White.

The fluttering shape-shifts into roars and the cheeping sounds become screeches.
Feet smack against the ground, clapping down like thunder. 
Psssshh. Pffffff, Fthhhh- cccccckckkkkkkk.
The trilling is a siren.

Nothing is visible. Everything is dark.
Nothing is audible. The tens, hundreds, thousands of birds swarming are too loud. 
Bam. Bam. Bam. Their bodies crash into yours.
Their cries of pain as they fall to the ground are agonizing.

Crreeeeeeaaaarrr!!...

Feminism

Okay, so I'm being pretty risky putting this on here, but I've made plenty of mistakes so there's nothing surprising if this backfires on me.

I've got something to say, not to be rude, not to be profound, not to be inspirational, just to say it.

I'm a female, yes.

But I'm not a feminist. Cue hate comments!

"Ace, what the heck? If you're a woman you're either a feminist or you're against your own kind!"
"Ace, you're getting pretty offensive."
"Ace, do you support discrimination against women?"
"Ace! You'd rather have boys tell you how to be and what to do?"

No. No. No.

I'm not against women and I'm not a feminist. I'm just me. 
My best friends are feminists and we all love each other just fine. 
I just... how do I put this? I just don't care.
That's going to sound really bad, but let me explain.

People are going to tell me who to...

LASL About Me Answers

1. I stand at 5'7", I'm overweight but you wouldn't guess it. My dark brown beach-wavy hair reaches down to my waist with blonde and platinum highlights streaking down. My eyes change color through the power of contacts- but really, they're just dark brown. I've been told golden flecks sprinkle over them when I get nervous. My glasses are as sparkly as my personality. Also I'm Spanish and a multitude of other nationalities so I'm constantly whining about my yellow-red skin.
  2. I'm always wearing ripped jeans. Except Sundays. I'm also kind of a geeky loser so I wear band tees and fandom shirts a lot. Do my glasses count as something I wear often? Unless you and I are super close, you will never catch me wearing a dress or skirt. Unless I'm stuck in the frozen tundra I rarely put on a jacket. I wear pictures of hedgehogs that I draw on myself. Why not? Hedgehogs are the cutest. Make...

There For You

I had a feeling about you. I should have listened to my head for once. 
But I listened to my heart. I became your friend, and you became mine. 
We were the best of friends and I was always there for you.
But in the shadows, where I wouldn't see, you picked away at my soul.

Talked about me.
Spread rumors about me.
Played with me. 

We thought we were grown. We thought we were cool. 
I just wanted a friend, but you wanted so much more.
You were too fast for me. While I studied for the math test,
You were talking about crushes with your new friends.

So many people hated you and you never knew it. Why?
Because I defended you. 
We were still the best of friends and I was always there for you. 
And few people hated me... until you made that number grow.

Talked about me.
Spread rumors about me.
Played with me. 

Every...

Transparency

Halley laughed as Fey fell to the floor with a grunt. "You're so pathetic, you won't even fight back." Her fastpitch-trained hand threw down a large brown book with the words "The Revolution" printed on it, and it landed on the grounded brunette's head. Fey furrowed her brow and simply stood up, saying nothing, picking her book up. As she proceeded to make her way out of the now-empty hallway she mumbled something under her breath. Halley leaned forward and shoved her again. "What was that? You have something you wanna say?"
    Fey rolled her eyes and hugged her book after catching herself from her stumble. "Nothing that you probably haven't heard before. You know, no one likes you, everyone just hangs with you because you're popular, you're even more pathetic than I am because you're acting like the typical 'high school movie' bully and everyone agrees that you're petty..." She said it as if she was listing it off...

Transparency

The Way You Are (Part 2 of Fix Myself)

You're not a good person, I've learned to see...
How could I have been so blind?
I'll say it again, you belittle me.
Even though to you I'm kind.

The stars in my eyes you blotted away...
Why didn't I see it sooner?
I chased you, you ran- this repeated every day.
I was the punchline of your sick humor;
Is that really all I am,
To you just a joke?
You once were the one that helped me stand.
Now in my lungs you're smoke.

The way I am, I've learned, is fine.
I shouldn't have to change.
The way you are, though, is a sign, 
And now that my eyes are clear it's strange:

You never wanted me, nor anyone else,
Yet everyone wanted you.
You care about no one but yourself,
Now in my heart anger brews;
This monster behind the sweet-boy mask...
Does no one see who you are?
You play the victim, let tears flash. ...

One Opinion

So I recently had my fifteenth birthday, and I decided that, since a lot of you responded to them with agreement or disagreement, it'd be fun to write one more opinion of mine that a lot of people don't share. I wrote fourteen in my last "Unpopular Opinions" post, so here's the fifteenth:

Unpopular Opinion #15: Lucy Heartfilia is annoying, and the NaLu ship is too forced
If you watch Fairy Tail, you know exactly what I'm talking about. If not, then you might have some idea or be super clueless. Lucy Heartfilia is one of the main characters in the popular anime, Natsu Dragneel being another. Now, I haven't watched Fairy Tail in a few years, but I still hear a whole bunch of buzz about the Natsu x Lucy ship, commonly known as NaLu. My only problem with the ship is how forced it is. Like, Natsu seems to always be saving Lucy, which I mean, yeah, is...

Fix Myself

Tell me what I have to do
To make you see who I am;
Tell me what lengths to go to
To make you understand.

Liking me and loving me
Are things that you do not; but
Resenting me, deserting me,
You treat me like I'm naught;
Tell me how you scribble out
The stars my eyes do flash?
Explain to me how without a doubt
You push me down, so I crash.

To me it's bitterly clear-
The way you brush me off-
That it's a nuisance, me being near,
You see me and you scoff.

I don't believe you really know
How highly of you I see.
For I will redo every stitch and sew
Of myself, be your perfect image of me.

I will indeed fix myself
To match just what you want.
Stow my flaws far on the shelf,
Then it might be me you flaunt;
To your family, to your friends,
To everyone and more, ...

Ten Words to You

It's Not Enough

Nearby towns, happy holidays, play-dates, siblings... and I'm still lonely.

Am I Pretty Yet?

I'm six years old, it's hot outside. The sun is shining bright and I'm running around barefoot. My long, brown hair flaps freely in the wind and my matching mocha eyes are clear as the day before me. I play with my cousins in our grandparents' big yard. We roll down the hill, we pretend to be airplanes flying high in the bright blue sky. After a long day of play Mommy takes me inside and pushes me into my room. She smiles at me and hands me a small white dress with ruffles and a pretty pink gem in the middle of the chest. I put it on, and Mommy braids my hair back. She smiles and hugs me from behind and takes me out to see the family. I'm praised for my beauty and I'm showered with love and attention. Am I pretty yet?

I'm ten years old, it's still warm outside, but it's cooling down. I'm playing...

Am I Pretty Yet?

My Name

They call me weird
They call me crazy
They call me lame
They call me dumb
But I've straight A's
And they've Starbucks
Say what they want
That's not my name

They call me annoying
But I'm just myself, not him and not her,
I'm not the same
That's who I am
I've learned that's fine
And you should, too
'Cause I won't change

On the Last Day of the World

Purpose

While the world goes up in flames from human ignorance and antagonism, 
I will be the one raining showers of hope until my water evaporates too.

Names for Nature

Hidden Level

I live in a house on higher ground than the rest of my neighborhood. My driveway is more of a hill. If I look to the left, there is a lake. A wall of rocks stacks itself under my front yard and next to my driveway. The wall juts out further the closer it gets to the ground everyone else stands on. If you look, you wouldn't be able to see it- but there are three levels made from the wall. The top level is the one which my house rests, my family lives. The bottom is the one where everyone else is, strangers to myself. The middle level is the unseen one; the hidden one, where no one lies. When life gets rough like the rock wall I see every day, I jump off the cliff that is my front yard.  The hidden level catches me. It holds me up no matter how long I stay on it, and...

Unpopular Opinions

I've been made to believe I have a lot of unpopular opinions. But what makes them unpopular? The media? Parents? Just common thoughts that I don't share with people? Let's take a look. I'll be doing 14 of them, since that's how old I am. Haah, I'm so clever (not). 

Unpopular Opinion #1: I like country music.
Why are people so quick to hate country? It's so good! Is it because there's this big stereotype that everyone who likes country are from Texas and are total drunkards? That's so dumb to me. There's so much feeling in country music that people overlook, feeling that doesn't often come with the mainstream pop on the radio. 
Unpopular Opinion #2: I love Taylor Swift, and 5 Seconds of Summer
I don't care who you are, these artists saved my life, and at the same time made it. A little story- I was only allowed to listen to Kidz Bob when I was...

Talking to “You”

You Can

"You can't eat that; you'll spoil your appetite."
"You can't skip dinner; you'll starve."
"You can't watch this; you wouldn't understand."
"You can't leave until you watch this; you need to."
"You can't join the team; you're a girl."
"You can't wear makeup; you're a boy."
"You can't wear that; no one wears that."
"You can't use that; I'm using that."
΅You can't listen to that; that's emo."
"You can't listen to that; that's so mainstream."
"You can't blend in; you're too 'you'."
"You can't stand out; you're unnoticed."
"You can't be homosexual; it's Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve."
"You can't be straight; it means you're homophobic."
"You can't be depressed; you're just asking for attention."
"You can't be happy all the time; no one's that happy."
"You can't act like anyone; just be you!"
"You can't be yourself; that's not what people really want."
You ate it, and it was delicious. You skipped, and you weren't hungry.  ...

Truths and Untruths

Wishful Thinking and Mindless Dreaming

"What are five things you wish were true or real?"

• The last F in BFF means "forever"
  • People care about me as much as they say they do
  • I believe I'm beautiful
  • World peace is possible
  • My smiles
"What are five things you wish were untrue or fake?"
  • My scars
  • Discrimination and bullying
  • People hate me as much as I think
  • Stress and heartbreak
  • Suicide and "kill yourself" jokes

Third Person Limited

Help (Part 2)

Crystal laughed along with the adults of the family as they gathered in the kitchen for dinner. Her oldest daughter stood next to her, fidgeting with a toy in her hand. Crystal bit her tongue to keep her from saying something sarcastic. Her niece bent over her daughter's shoulder, asking what the toy was.
"Anika, step back," Crystal's daughter offered an empty chuckle as her thumb twirled around a black joystick on the cube. "It's just something to let me fidget."
Crystal narrowed her eyes and huffed, "How is that?" It took a lot of willpower to not contradict her right there.
Her daughter sat there and glanced nervously at the toy block in her hands before taking in a breath and explaining. "There are different mechanisms on it to occupy me. This divot here is meant for me to rub my thumb on it- supposed to calm me down if I get nervous." Crystal's brown eyes darted to her daughter's...

Dialogue Dexterity

Help

Here and now. San Jose, California. Visiting her family, she'd finally gained enough courage to ask.
She sat in a spinning chair, uncomfortably looking down at the plastic cube in her hand designed to calm her. It wasn't doing a very good job.
"What's that?" Her cousin asked. She blinked in curiosity at the tiny grey block.
"Anika, step back," she smiled. "It's just something to let me fidget."
Her mum looked at her strangely. "How is that?"
She blinked, and she squeezed the cube tightly. "There are different mechanisms on it to occupy me. This divot here is meant for me to rub my thumb on it- supposed to calm me down if I get nervous."
"That's not true. It's just a toy. Besides, what do you have to be nervous about?"
Her mind flashed. She bit her lip and squeezed the cube tighter before her mum took it and examined it. She looked down. Her mind began to...

The Art of Specificity

North Pole/South Pole

He has bipolar disorder. He likes it, and hates it.

He has a mental illness that can switch him from happy to sad to mad and everywhere in between at any moment. He thinks of it as both a sweet gift and a beautiful curse.

His mind knows not a silver lining. Every day his mood alters him from absolutely elated to the darkest depths of depression. He believes his mind to a be a comfortably cold environment, the north pole giving him the lies of Santa Claus but the warmth of Christmas, the south pole giving him adorable penguins but biting, dry wind.

Why I Write

Control

The world around me is a horrifying place.
Societal norms, peer pressure, crimes spotting around like chicken pox. In this world, you don't get to decide much, no matter what people tell you. I'm still rather young; I can't even drive legally yet, so I'm even more confined.
Every day I'm haunted by pressure to get good grades, be a good person, to be myself but also blend in. How do I do that? Writing is an escape for me. Whether I'm writing a story or a song, in a notebook or on a computer, I feel free.
For once have control.
 I get to decide what happens and what doesn't happen.
Writing allows me to be me- express things that sometimes only I can understand. Often times I don't feel like I can even control myself, I'm a puppet with strings held by too many hands. When I can pour my thoughts and ideas- when I can...

Ghost of a Smile

Her mind was dark. Her eyes were bright, but she refused to smile. "I don't want it to be taken from me," she often said.
Her clothes bled dark colors- navies, blacks, browns. Her hair cupped her face in transparent beauty. "I don't want to be called out, I want to blend in," she often said.
Her actions were either quick or slow, no in-between. Her emotions were either manic or depressed, no in-between. "I don't know what grey is," she often said.
Her days stopped going well. Her friends avoided her. "I don't want to be a drag," she often said.
Her feet stopped moving. Here, on an unfamiliar day, her eyes glossed over an unfamiliar face with a familiar voice, familiar words. "I don't know if this is real," she then said.
Her lifeline stood before her, the voice behind her screen made to exist. Her will to continue rested...