Img 0009

Esi Adoma

Sweden

Swiss-Ghanaian. Far more Ghanaian than Swiss, to be honest. I write all kinds of things, most of which I will never show to anyone I know in real life.

Omniscient Lens

The White Door

Crouching atop the roof of a building, he surveyed the area. It was dark and quiet, void of life. Behind him, two others crouched, shrouded in black, melting into the night. There was no one to be seen, no one to see them. Then again, there never was. They remained in silence for a few moments, listening to the sounds of the night. The sounds of far-off cars, the chirping of crickets, the occasional clang of the pipes in the building below them. Then the first one made a motion with his hand and the trio jumped, landing softly on the ground below without making a sound. If anyone had been watching they would have been shocked at this, the jump was high enough to kill any human. But these weren't humans. No, not at all. The trio was now moving towards the first apartment block, approaching the doors which led to the stairs, which led to the 4th floor, where...

A.V.O.C.A.D.O

Snapping open the suitcase, I reached for the case. Lifting it out of the suitcase, I set it on the table and donned a face mask and rubber gloves. Carefully, I opened the case. There it was. The parasite. Project A.V.O.C.A.D.O.
“Alien Virus Operating Cleverly Amongst Doomed Omnivores.”
It hadn’t been hard to get it here, the bumbling fools in charge of security at the airport hadn’t even caught wind of what was going on. They had actually stopped the suitcase after scanning it and called me down. I’d gone in ready to argue my case only to be told that the bag had moved on and the guy in charge of scanning had forgotten why he’d stopped it in the first place. Such incompetence. Still, it works better for me that way.
Chuckling at the memory, I lifted Project A.V.O.C.A.D.O out of the case and onto the inbuilt cutting board on the table. Grabbing a knife I sliced it...

Omniscient Lens

The White Door

Crouching atop the roof of a building, he surveyed the area. There was no one to be seen. Behind him, two others crouched, shrouded in black, melting into the night. There was no one to be seen, no one to see them. But then again, there never was. They remained in silence for a few moments, listening to the sounds of the night. The sounds of far-off cars, the chirping of crickets, the occasional clang of the pipes in the building below them. Then the first one made a motion with his hand and the trio jumped, landing softly on the ground below without making a sound. If anyone had been watching they would have been shocked at this, the jump was high enough to kill any human. But these weren't humans. No, not at all. The trio was now moving towards the first apartment block, approaching the doors which led to the stairs, which led to the 4th floor, where...