1b6a96f9 04cd 43aa 845f 711df4ddca11

I.C. Fynnheart

Hey guys! It's your best girl Izzy here!
I'm fourteen, love to write, hang out with my friends.. though sometimes we do do stupid stuff..
But all that aside..
I write Hamilton, TMNT, Dear Evan Hansen...
Pretty much anything you can think of!
Well, enjoy..
And use your imagination!
ALSO YES MY PROFILE PICTURE IS FINN WOLFHARD BECAUSE HE’S A SUPERCALAFRAGALISTICEXPICALIDOCIOUS LIL’ BEAN!
If you read my work, please leave comments for ideas to make my stories better. If not that, please leave comments..?

1b6a96f9 04cd 43aa 845f 711df4ddca11

I.C. Fynnheart (United States) published:

Kozoku: Chapter 24

Chapter 24: An Adventure Just Waiting For Me
Izzy’s Point Of View

I was on my way to find adventure..
Something Amazing
Something Exhilarating 
Something worth talking about for generations to come.
But instead I found myself in the back of an ambulance, fading in and out of consciousness, shivering violently because I’d plunged into the ice covered Lake Erie to save a young boy who’d fallen in. 
Here’s how it all started,
I was walking down one of probably...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 5 hours ago

1b6a96f9 04cd 43aa 845f 711df4ddca11
Image

I.C. Fynnheart (United States) started following Imnogoodatnames (United States)

1 day ago

1b6a96f9 04cd 43aa 845f 711df4ddca11
1

Kozoku: Chapter 23

Chapter 23: A Fairytale Vision
Jake’s Point Of View
o~0~o~0~o~0~o
She was gone. 
Gone.
I stared at the the long winding street she went down, hoping she would turn back, saying that she was sorry, and yes, she forgave me..
But nothing happened. 
I took a deep breath of the cool, fresh air hoping it would calm me, but instead it sent shivers down my spine. 
After a few more minutes of waiting, I decided to go inside.
I look...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1 day ago

1b6a96f9 04cd 43aa 845f 711df4ddca11
1

Kozoku: Chapter 22

Chapter 22: Confessions and Departure

I look at Jake in shock..I freeze for a moment before finally saying;
“Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes!” I exclaim.
“Great..” He smiles even wider and sits up. Seemingly fine..
He wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me in for a long kiss. 
He picks me up and carries me to the bed where we continue our little make-out session. 
Then something clicks.
If he’s so deathly ill, how did he manage...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1b6a96f9 04cd 43aa 845f 711df4ddca11

Serenmonium

PROMPT: Fernweh

~“Seren” comes from the Greek root ‘serenus’ which means calm, peaceful
- I used ’monium’ because it was a piece of the word pandemonium which means wild and noisy uproar 
Used in a sentence: “She felt like she was stuck in a state of Serenmonium” Or Serenmonium filled the streets as he walked by..he couldn’t hear it but he could feel it

Seeking Peer Reviews

1b6a96f9 04cd 43aa 845f 711df4ddca11
1

Kozoku: Chapter 21

Chapter 21: Serious Engagement 
“Auntie Izzy! Make the storm go away!” Lucy cries. She hides her head in my sweater and whimpers. I hold her close to my chest, trying to get her to calm down. 
“It’s alright, Lucy. It’ll be over soon.” I say softly, wiping her tears with my sweater sleeve. 
“Baby, do we have any aspirin? I'm not feelin’ all that great..”Jake croaks from behind me. I whirl around to see my lover, pale and sweaty.
“You...

1b6a96f9 04cd 43aa 845f 711df4ddca11
Super star

I.C. Fynnheart (United States) earned a badge Superstar

1b6a96f9 04cd 43aa 845f 711df4ddca11

Kozoku: Chapter 20

Chapter 20: (Not-So) “Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This..”

It’s pitch black..I can’t see anything. Perfect. 
“Hello?” I call, my voice echos like a cacophony, over and over.
“Mama?” Comes a small voice from behind me. I whirl around to see a young boy no more than four years old. He has curly light brown hair, green eyes and pale skin. 
I realize he’s Anthony if he had lived past infancy. I begin to feel nauseous.
“Mama?” He calls again  ...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1b6a96f9 04cd 43aa 845f 711df4ddca11
Picture?width=64&height=64

I.C. Fynnheart (United States) started following Daria Anghel (Romania)

1b6a96f9 04cd 43aa 845f 711df4ddca11
1

Kozoku: Chapter 19

Chapter 19: Swim or Sink

A few weeks later
I slowly open my eyes, being blinded by only the few tiny beacons of golden sunshine peek through the lace curtains in our room. Jake as usual is already awake. I throw back the covers and hop out of bed, rubbing my swelling stomach. It’s only been about five months, so I haven’t grown very much. I suddenly feel a sharp pain hit my stomach with such force, I can’t help...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Kozoku: Chapter 24

Izzy’s Point Of View

I was on my way to find adventure..
Something Amazing
Something Exhilarating 
Here’s how it all started,
I was walking down one of probably thousands of the forests’ trails, still recapping on Yesterday’s explosion of events.
I thought bitterly about Jake and what he’d done..
What’d he said, still made my heart feel like it’d sunk to my stomach.
As I pondered this a woman came careening down the path I was on in the opposite direction, her eyes full of tears.
“Someone help my baby boy ! He’s going to drown if he doesn’t get help!” She screamed hysterically, she ran straight for...

Kozoku: Chapter 23

Chapter 23: A Fairytale Vision
Jake’s Point Of View
o~0~o~0~o~0~o
She was gone. 
Gone.
But nothing happened. 
I look down at the ring, the thing that was supposed to bring Izzy and and I closer together and throw it at the wall.
It only drew us further apart.
“Damnit!” I screamed, tears pouring down my cheeks. Why were things so hard complicated now? Why couldn’t they just be...simple…
Like those Disney movies, y’know where everything is just...perfect?
“Hey, Jake-man..” I hear Mikey call.
I quickly wipe the tears, from my eyes and call back.
“Yeah, Mike?” I plaster a...

Kozoku: Chapter 22

Chapter 22: Confessions and Departure

Then something clicks.
If he’s so deathly ill, how did he manage to carry me? He should be pretty weak and tired if he was that sick..
I quickly push away, disgusted by what he had done; the whole illness was a joke. A joke.
“Baby..why’d you do that? It was just getting good!” He gives me puppy eyes, annoyed at me for breaking the kiss off
“You liar! You tricked me into thinking you were sick, practically dying just so you could propose?!” I screech. 
“Baby, woah..calm down..” He...

Fernweh

Serenmonium

Kozoku: Chapter 21

Chapter 21: Serious Engagement 
“You look terrible! Do you have a fever? Have you taken your temperature ?” I ask, worried.
He shakes his head and waves me off. “It’s just a cold, I can handle it..” 
“Hold on..” I run to the bathroom and rummage through the medicine cabinet until I find a thermometer. It takes a few minutes but I finally do. I rush back to Jake and Sorder him to open his mouth. 
“No, Babe..I-I’m fine, really..” He tries to put me...

Kozoku: Chapter 20

“Mama?” He calls again 
“Baby, I’m here..” I call out, I try to run to him but I’m yanked back. I look down to see that I’m chained to the ground by my wrists. I struggle, trying to free myself but to no avail. 
Anthony comes a bit closer, tears in his eyes he outstretched his arms to me.
“Mama, help me! The monster is coming to get me!” He cries.
“What monster, Tony?” I try to calm him down. 
“The one that got...

Kozoku: Chapter 19

Chapter 19: Swim or Sink

A few weeks later
I slowly open my eyes, being blinded by only the few tiny beacons of golden sunshine peek through the lace curtains in our room. Jake as usual is already awake. I throw back the covers and hop out of bed, rubbing my swelling stomach. It’s only been about five months, so I haven’t grown very much. I suddenly feel a sharp pain hit my stomach with such force, I can’t help but scream. I hear the clatter of heels and work boots come clomping down the hall to me. Jake opens the door and runs in his eyes wide with shock. He kneels over to help me.
“Izzy, babe! Ohmigod..Ohmigod..” He begins to freak out, which doesn’t make the situation any better.
“I think she’s having a miscarriage!” Chanel screams, starting to qfreak out as well.
I begin to hyperventilate, getting nervous myself.  Chanel rushes over and starts to rub my...

Kozoku: Chapter 18

Chapter 18: Just A Toy

It’s 2 o’clock in the morning,  and I’m leaned over the toilet bowl, vomiting. For the third time that night. Jake is behind me, holding back my hair and rubbing my back. 
I cough up the last of it and wipe my mouth with a napkin. I turn to Jake, tears in my eyes. He holds me close to him, stroking my hair, like he always does to calm me down.
“Go to sleep..I can handle myself..” I mumble.
“No, Princess. I’m going to stay here. With you.” He smiles.
I pull him down to my level to give him a soft kiss. 
He presses his hands to my bump and smiles.
“Just a few more months until she’s here,” he grinned, his eyes sparkling.
“She’ll be your ‘princess’..” I say.
“Well, if she’s going to be my princess, then you’re my queen.” He picks me up bridal style and twirls me around. I laugh,...

Analyzing The American Dream

Through my fourteen years of life, I’ve heard a lot about what the “American Dream” is. All of us who know of it get the basic stereotypical dea of what The American Dream; a immigrant from some kind of povertized a area of the world comes to America with high hopes of “gold paved streets” and “diamond-encrusted roads”. Naturally, the immigrant’s hopes are crushed when they see that a “magical wonderland” like New York City isn’t even half of what they dreamed. They are spiraled down into more poverty than what they came to America with. Then eventually the immigrant sees the light at the end of the tunnel..giving them the life they always wanted. 
It’s a pretty generic idea, right?
It’s obviously a story that we hear a lot, whether it’s in literature or media or movies. But have you ever heard a story in which someone was living the American Dream from the moment they were born?
Well,...

Kozoku: Chapter 17

Chapter 17: An Unexpected Visitor
I look at Donnie in shock. This can’t be happening..
“Izzy, this is great! Another baby..” Jack smiles at me, his tears masked by the news
I turn away so he can’t see my tears, which were flowing profusely down my cheeks.
“Jack..” I whisper, my voice cracking slightly “please...leave..I-I’ll talk to you later.”
“Alright, then..” he gets up, the legs of his chair screeching as he pushes it back.
I can’t look at him, it’s unbearable.
The door squeaks shut leaving me alone.
I flop back against my pillow, still in shock. The pain begins to come back. I ignore it. 
I rest a hand on my stomach, and begin to sob.
It’s not that I’m not happy..a baby is a wonderful thing to bring into the world. 
But not right after you’ve lost your firstborn child.
I fall asleep, tears still flowing down my face..
“Hey, Princess…” a deep voice comes from the...

Kozoku: Chapter 16

Chapter 16: Cry Me A River

I wake up in the morning, curled up on my side. I force my eyes open, immediately feeling pain shoot through my body. I whimper just a little, not wanting to make a lot of noise. I feel a hand on my back lift up my shirt just a bit, and inject something near my spine. I let out a yelp, startled by the sudden prick.
“Oops, sorry..I didn’t think that you were awake,” Donnie says apologetically
“It’s okay,” I say in a whisper. I still stay curled up on my side, I don’t want to see anyone after what happened last night.
“There’s someone here to see you, a guy named Jack and his boyfriend,” he says before going back to his workbench to do some tests..on Well, whatever he does?
“Jack?” I suddenly sit up, ignoring the dull pain in my rib cage. How could he have possibly known I was here?...

Kozoku: Chapter 15

Kozoku: Chapter 15
Leo’s Point Of View
“Izzy! No!” I screamed, seeing my sister hit the ground below,motionless.
I raced down, the fire escape and sprinted down to the highway to her, the worst possible outcomes filling my head.
I stopped when I saw made my way to her completely horrified by what I saw before me
She was sprawled out across the pavement , a pool of blood gathering around her, she was pale as a ghost from blood loss. The only thing about her, that seemed- alive.. was her eyes..full of worry and fear..
I knelt down to her side and whispered:
“Izzy, you’re gonna be alright.” I cradled her in my arms, holding her close like she did with Anthony.
Then I realize; Anthony was dead..that was why she’d jumped..she wanted to be with him..
Tears filled from her eyes as she opened her mouth to speak..
“The..b-baby is gone, Leo..” She whispered.
“I know, I know..but...

Kozoku: Chapter 15 (Prologue)

“Izzy..I’m sorry…I did everything I could..I’m sorry” his hands are covered with blood. He looks up at me with anguish-struck eyes
My head begins to spin, I back away from him, disgusted beyond repair.
I stumble, away, breaking into a shaky run, tears filling my eyes
“Izzy..no, don’t do this..you don’t have to…” Leo’s voice comes barreling at me, but I wave it away like an meek little fly..
I need to get away, away from it all..
I run into the streets, the cold air, filling my lungs.
The sting of the cold is painful, but anything is better than the sorrow that drowns my soul.
My vision is blurred as I make my way up a fire escape
My mind whirring with voices, luring me to the top:
C’mon Izzy..you can do it..
This is the only way you can get rid of your pain- forever..
I let these voices take me away to my fate..
I slowly...

Kozoku: Chapter 14

Chapter 14: “The name’s Jack..Jack Kelly..”

It had been a few weeks since Jake had left..
I feel hollow and empty..nothing has feeling anymore.
I’ve been trying to keep going, for everyone else and the baby.. 
But it’s hard
Very hard.

“Hey, Iz..do you want to go out into the woods and get firewood with me?” Mikey asks me one morning.
I hesitate for a moment. I don’t want to go, but it would be a good idea.
“C’mon,it would be good for you..” He says, a whine creeping into his tone. He gives me his best puppy eyes. 
I give a small smile
“Alright...it would be good for the baby as well..” I give a little giggle.
“Cool, you should go get dressed..” Mike gives me a his signature grin before running out the door.
I go upstairs to change. I sift through my closet looking for something to wear that I hadn’t already worn three times in the...

DogTags: A WWII Ghost Story (Chapter 2)

Chapter Two: Shattered Glass

I looked at the ghost in utter shock, did he just say what I thought he said?
“That old dude— is your dad?” I sputter.
I glance at the picture, then back at the ghost, who glares at me.
“Is that any way to respect your elders, young lady?” He smirks and puts his hands on his hips.
I sigh, annoyed. I realize it’s going to take a lot more than just a simple question to get a ghost talking, especially a cocky one.
“Look, Doughboy-” I start
“Eddie, the name’s Eddie..” He says sharply.
I look at him, a little startled but it goes away quickly. I start again
“Okay, Eddie..Let me ask you a few questions if you don’t mind..”
Eddie crosses his leg over the other and straightens his back so he’s sitting almost like an aristocratic woman.
An awkward silence fills the air between us, my mind racing for a question to...

Ten Words to You

My Home

Home..Is where the heart is

Jesse (Chapter One)

Chapter 1: A Death Sentence

“Jesse Arthur McKinley, you get in that barn right now, young man!” 

I was snapped out of my daydream, almost falling from my branch in the peach tree that grew near our farmhouse. I looked down below to see Mama, hands on her hips, glaring back up at me, her blue eyes crackling and blazing.
Oh, boy. I was in for a treat.

“Jesse! Come on now, those cows won’t milk themselves, will they?” She said in a sharp clipped voice.
“No, Ma..” I tried to be polite as possible, she was my Ma after all. 
“Good,” a hint of a smile played on her lips, but it had gone the second it came.
I gave a sigh, and climbed down the tree’s trunk, careful not to snag my overall on any of its sharp bristles. I hit the soft grassy earth with a hard thump, hopefully displaying to Ma my displeasure of having to...

Five Reasons Why John Laurens Should Have His Own Musical

5 REASONS WHY JOHN LAURENS SHOULD GET HIS OWN MUSICAL:

1. We know now that John Laurens was gay, so why not write a musical about a closeted gay man in the 1700s? (Might I Add he had a WIFE and DAUGHTER back home, some pretty dramatic things if you think about it)

2. Laurens was STRONGLY against the prospects of slavery in the United States, and after the war wanted to help in the abolishment of it.
Unfortunately, that never happened; he died young at the age of only 28

3. Laurens’ fascinatination (But blown way out of context by the *cough* Hamilton fandom) with turtles! Wouldn’t it be cool to have a song in which John just fangirls over Turtles?! C’mon you guys, you can’t say no to this.

4. Lams. 

5. Anthony Ramos.

B r o k e n : A HamilPoem

Broken
A word that shreds my ears each time I hear it.
I suppose I should’ve created some kind of resilience towards it.
But to no avail
Everything shattered after Phillip died..
My son..a lone angel up there..
How I wish I could've done something to stop it..
But the demons of my work took me captive and turned me into an automaton..
I closed myself off from the ones that I loved most and pushed them further away than I already had.

My dearest Betsey..
I wish I could say I knew how she felt..
But I am not her
I will never be one to match my Eliza.
Her disguise as a meek little mouse, on the inside reveals her real self as a resilient lioness.

I was angry at her when Phillip first died..
I thought she was being weak, closing herself off from all of the world
But now I know
I am the weak one

...

Kozoku: Chapter 13

Chapter 13: Pompeii 
2 months later

His scream pierces my ears, I groan and force my eyes open.
I throw back my covers and stumble out of bed.
“I’m coming, I’m coming,” I mumble.
I make my way over to the crib in corner, and pick Anthony up.
His face is bright red, tears stream down his face.
I try bouncing him gently in my arms, willing him to quiet down.
“Come on honey, quiet down for Mommy..please.” I whisper, getting increasingly worried
“Isabella, darlin’, what’s the problem?” Jake rolls over in bed to face me, his hair tousled, his eyes glassed over with drowsiness.
“If you weren’t so ignorant you could see that I’m trying to calm the baby down!” I hiss. 
“Every single night..” He sighs as he lumbers out of bed to join me.
“Jake, he’s only two months old, what do you expect from him?!” I scream, the demons that are fatigue and tiredness overtaking me. ...

DogTags: A WWll Ghost Story (Chapter 1)

used to think of Veteran’s Day Weekend as just an extra day to the weekend, but after what happened to me, I’ll never look at it the same way again.

Call me crazy, but let me explain something to you;
When my parents decided to move from the city of Piccane to the suburban town of Clover Ridge never thought that it would be a house that's almost half a century old, smells of mothballs, and has some old dude’s obituary hanging on a wall in the garage.
Yeah, you read that last part right.
Apparently, this dude, Jack Riccardi was a war veteran, not to mention an ambassador to the Italian American Charitable Society. 
Talk about “decorated,” Jeez.
I'd never really thought much of that picture on the wall when I was a little kid
It was just...there..y’know?
None of the crazy weird stuff happened until I turned fourteen this year.
I was sound asleep, when I was woken...

Kozoku: Chapter 12

Chapter 12: Special Delivery (Pt. III)
“Come on, Izzy, push..” Leo instructs.
Sweat plasters my hair to my forehead as I moan in pain. I didn’t think I would go into labor so early, so giving birth in a sweetgrass patch is my only option.
Just to put it out there: not the best option out there, by far,
Mikey squeezes my hand, worry creasing his forehead.  
“Izzy..I know it hurts but-“ he says gently
“You don’t know how much it hurts, Mike..” I whimper,tears filling my eyes 
He strokes my hair and smiles.”It’ll all be over soon”
“Yes, if you push,” Leo says, obviously getting irritated.
I give another push, the pain more intense than before.
“I know you can do better than that, Izzy,” Leo challenges
“Leo, she’s giving birth to a baby! This isn’t a competition, you know..” Mikey retorts
“Okay, Mr. I-Know-Everything-About-Childbirth, why don’t you take a crack at actually delivering a living human ?”...

Kozoku: Chapter 11

Chapter 11: Special Delivery (Part ll)
Leo’s Point Of View

I could see the sadness in Isabella’s eyes when she was about to walk off. I just couldn’t face her. It hurt me to see her come all this way, especially when she was pregnant.
Sure, I may have been angry at first, but that doesn’t mean I don’t love her.
I was just afraid for her, I mean, what if something had gone wrong with her pregnancy?
Or she had a miscarriage, or the baby was a stillborn..or..
I know I’m getting ahead of myself, but I love her so much.
I don’t want to see anything happen to her.
But we’ve got a baby to deliver, and that can’t wait, can it?
I’m running through the forest, phone in hand.
I have to get in touch with my brothers, I have to. 
I may be the leader in the family, but that doesn’t mean I’m prepared to help...

Kozoku: Chapter 10

Chapter 10: Special Delivery (Part I)

It’s been several months since telling everyone the news. I’m due in a few weeks time.
Leo couldn’t stand the news, so a few days later he left the farmhouse and retreated to the woods to “find himself”. 
It hurts to know that he hasn’t been there. But I guess I would be the same way if I were him, feeling the pressure of the whole world on his shoulders. He doesn’t feel like he can take the weight anymore; so his only choice was to run.
I’m worried that if we don’t rekindle our relationship now..
Our ties will be severed for good.

So I’ve decided to head out to find him, to try and patch up what’s happened.
“Honey, are you sure you want to do this? I mean, you’re due so soon..” Jake tries to reason with me, but not even he can change my mind.
“Jake, I need to go...

Kozoku: Chapter 9

Chapter 9:Baby-On-Board
It’s been a few days since I’ve told Jake the news. 
His face was the highlight of telling him, he’s absolutely over the moon about it.
“Really?” He puts his hand on my slightly swollen stomach. His eyes light up brighter than the North Star in Peter Pan 
“Really.” I blush. 
“Honey, why didn’t you tell me earlier?”
“I wanted to keep it a surprise. When you suggested that we go for a walk, I thought it would be the perfect time to tell you..”
He smiles so wide I’m afraid his grin will split in two.  “Princess, I’m so happy! You can’t even..”
I smile back. “ I can’t wait to tell everyone else..”
My smile fades away
Everyone else..
“Oh, God..I-I completely forgot about..” I stutter.
I push away from Jake, trying to catch my breath. How could I have have been so blind? 
What will they think?
How will they react?
My mind is whirling...

Kozoku: Chapter 8

Chapter 8: Love in The Forest (And a little surprise )

The few weeks we spent at that farmhouse were some of the best of my life.
Now, you should know by now that my life isn’t perfect..
So something’s bound to go wrong, one way or another

It all started off like a normal day, y’know?
A little bit of training, a little bit of housework (*insert a sarcastic “Yay”*)
And a little bit of shredding on my guitar
The usual.
I was in the barn, practicing a piece I was having a hard time with.
 I may be a good guitarist, but that doesn’t mean I don’t have to practice.
EyesAnyways, while I was practicing, Jake walks in, his eyes bright and alert.
He walks over to me, wrapping his arms around me from behind.
“Hey, princess.” He mumbles into my hair.
I feel myself blush a little. He’s so cute like that
“Hey, Jakey..” I laugh.
“What’cha...

Damaged

The sound of breaking glass
A shriek
Silence
Muffled sounds of sobs
Guilt makes everything foggy
The worry if anything will ever be the same again
My family may be damaged..

But not beyond repair...

Kozoku: Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Birthday Blues (Well, not really)
I wake up, my head pounding like hell.

“Hey, baby girl..” Jake’s voice fades in and out.
“Jake..” I whisper, forcing my eyes open.
“How are you feeling? You’re banged up pretty bad..”
Just then, the pain starts to set in, everything burns and aches and stings at the same time.
“I’m fine..w-where are we?” I wince a little, it takes all of my power not to cry out.
“April’s family’s farmhouse..”
That’s when I realize I’m in a bed, covered with crisp, clean white sheets. The small bedroom, with its peeling mint green paint and splintering floorboards, tells me that this house is probably ages old. 
“J-Jake..why are we all the way upstate?” 
“Izzy..you don’t remember anything?”
“N-no...I don’t..why? Is everyone okay?” Waves of worry crash against my head.
Then I remember.
“Leo!” I sit up boltright, ignoring the sharp pain.
I throw back my covers, and gasp.
Thick Ace Bandages are...

Kozoku: Chapter 6

Chapter 6: Rejuvenation 
It’s been a few days after that huge blowup with Leo..
I haven’t spoken to him since..
I feel hollowed out, empty.
I’ve cried myself bone-dry.
This might seem like I’m blowing things out of proportion, but..
I don’t know..

I think about this as I walk into the living room, where Leo and Mikey are watching TV.
Well, isn’t this just wonderful.
Mikey notices me out of the corner of his eye.
“Hey, Iz. What’s up?” He says, mouth filled with chips.
“Nothing much..” I try to smile a little, for him.
He flicks a quick glance at Leo then back at me.
He pulls me into his lap, like he used to when I was younger.
“Comfy?” He asks
I give a slight nod, trying to focus on the screen, the bright colors mixing together.
“Izzy, are you alright? You’ve kinda been..quiet?” Comes Mikey’s voice after a bit.
“Oh, I’m fine, just dandy..” I sarcastically...

Kozoku: Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Leo’s Song

“Izzy, wait..” I call after my little sister, willing her to come back.
She doesn’t listen, the door slams hard behind her.
“Why are girls so complicated?” I groan and bury my head in my hands.
“Leo! What the shell was that?!” 
My head snaps back up, Mikey glares at me, his innocent baby blue eyes have gone cold and icy. His eyes bore a hole right through my heart.
“I..I..don’t know..” I look away, trying to escape his stare.
“Didn’t you see how upset she was? She was crying, Leo..crying..”
“I know! I know!” I slam my fists down on the granite countertop.
Mikey exits the room briskly, leaving me alone.
He turns around one last time
“I’m going to go comfort my sister, if you’ll excuse me.”
I bang my head against the wall.
Great job, Leonardo..awesome job.
“Leo? What the heck is going on? Mike just ran into Izzy’s room with comics and...

Kozoku: Chapter 4

After being with Jake for six months , my whole world flipped upside down.
Jake had become very territorial of me, which I think may have had something to do with him beginning to train under Leo’s guidance.
I should've known it was a bad idea from the start.
I love Leo, but sometimes he can go a bit overboard with the whole “fearless leader” concept.
As I was walking by the dojo on this fateful “life-changing” day I heard Leo say:
“Let me ask you something, Jake; do you love my little sister?”
“Yes, with all of my heart. She's everything to me.”
I peek behind the dojo doors, listening in.
Jake is kneeling at Leo’s feet, his head bowed, curls falling into his eyes.
Leo has his hands on his hips like a disapproving mother, his cobalt blue eyes narrowed.
“Oh really?”
“Really. I would never do anything to hurt her.”
“Then how do you explain what I...

Kozoku: Chapter 3

Kozoku
Chapter 3: Encounter
“Dudes, we're back,” Mikey hollers once we get to the lair.
Jake and I are red faced and panting once we finally catch up to him. 
“How come you didn't tell me anything, I mean, you were adopted by ninjas and your a ninja yourself? I mean, I know it's a stupid question...” Jake says, sounding slightly hurt.
“Jake, I was worried about how you would react..but I never thought you would find out like this..”
“Neither did I..”
I laugh, he's so cute like that..
“Izzy! Jake! What are you waiting for?” Mikey says, eyeing us.
“Oh..nothing.” I say blushing slightly

We head inside and awkward silence between us.
“Woah..” Jake breathes taking in the world around him. His eyes twinkle a bit
“This must be Dude Heaven for you,” I giggle
“It must be, since I'm standing right next to an angel.” He smirks at me, waiting for a response.
I feel my face...

Kazoku: Chapter 2

Kozoku: A TMNT 
Chapter 2: Suspicions 

“Guys! Leo and Donnie are hurt really bad!” Mikey runs in, his baby blue eyes filled with fear.
I put down the book I'm reading.
“What? How?” 
“They were attacked by a few Foot Ninjas they didn't see coming!” He says panicked.
Just then, Leo and Donnie stumble in, bloodied and bruised like no tomorrow.
“Omigosh!” I take Leo by the arm and lead him over to the couch.
“I-I'm fine, little sister, just--ow!” He clutches his shoulder, his face contorted in pain.
“No you're not, Leo, let Raph bandage you and Donnie up..” I say, smiling a little.
He thinks he can fool me by putting on “The Fearless Leader” mask, but he knows I know when something is wrong.
After Donnie and Leo are patched up, Leo looks up at from where he's laying on the couch.
“Guys, I think it's time we let Isabella go on night patrol with us.”
The...

The Silent Firebrand: Chapter 4

The Silent Firebrand
Chapter 4: Honesty
I walk out of the courthouse, feeling like more of the crushing weight of guilt had been put onto my shoulders. The most terrifying part of that court sentencing wasn't being called up as a witness, or hearing the sentence the judge gave Philip,
"Phillip James Hamilton, for having alcohol possession under the age of twenty-one, and physically assaulting a minor, who is a family member, I hereby sentence you to six months jail time, three months probation."  The judge said in his loud, booming voice.
It was the bang of the gavel, loud and sharp.
The sound that sealed Phillip's fate.
I looked over at Phillip to see his reaction.
The look on his face is something I will never forget. 
His face is buried in his hands, his body heaving..
Is he..
Crying?
He looks up. 
His eyes have gone from a bright green to a dull grey.
The whites of his...

Kazoku-A TMNT Story (Chapter 1)

Kazoku means "Family" in Japanese. 
But what does family really mean?

Well, I'm pretty sure in the day and age we live in, Family can mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people.

To me, it means kicking evil's butt.

My name is Isabella Collins Hamato and this is my story--
"Hey! Izzy! Get in the dojo right now..." my older brother Leo screams at me.
"I'm coming, just give me two seconds!" I call back. 
I put my guitar back on its stand,grab my tessen *, and run into the dojo and sit down next to Mikey, my other brother.
"You're late..Sensei's gonna kill you.." he whispered. 
"I know..."
"What in the world were you doing?" His baby blue eyes go wide with curiosity.
"Just, um...writing a song..?"
"Michaelangelo, stop talking to your sister and pay attention.!" Sensei says.
I'm a little startled by his presecence, but he's practically a God when it comes to...

Barely-In-The-Background-Kind-Of-Guy

“C’mon, Evan it's time to get up, or else you're gonna be late for school,”
Evan moaned and rolled over in bed, annoyed by his mother’s cheerful tone on the the day he'd been dreading the whole summer 
“Can I please have five more minutes, Mom?” He mumbled from under the covers.
He heard her sigh. “Alright, just this once.”
The door closed with a slight squeak. Evan sighed with relief he crawled out from under the covers. He ran a hand through his light brown hair and flopped back against his pillow.
Just like any other kid, he'd hated the first day with a passion. 
But Evan hated it on a much higher level. 
He hated being around all of his classmates and teachers, feeling like he was silently being judged by all of them, all at once.
It was nerve wracking for him. 
That's probably why he didn't have any friends.
The closest thing he'd ever had to...

The Silent Firebrand: Chapter 3

The Silent Firebrand
Chapter 3: Saviors

“Iz, can you hear us..?” 
“Maybe she's dead..”
“She's breathing, dummy..”

I open my eyes, groaning. A bright light flashing in my eyes
“P-please don't..hurt me..I'm begging you, please.” I whisper
“Iz, honey. It's Frances, James, and Georges.” Says the voice, who I can finally recognize as Frances’.

Frances Laurens, James Mulligan and Georges Lafayette are my best friends. We've been together since we could crawl, practically. Our fathers became best friends when they were put in the same squadron during the war in Afghanistan. 

The rest is history.

“Frances,” I croak, managing a tiny smile. I blush a little. I've always liked Frances as something more than a friend.
“Iz..” she kneels beside me, her curly blonde locks falling into her clear blue eyes.
 God, she's beautiful..

“Who did this to you?” Comes James’ gruff voice. 
I feel my eyes fill with tears as I remember everything that happened only a little...

The Silent Firebrand: Chapter 2

The Silent Firebrand

Chapter 2: Consequences 

I run downstairs, still in tears. I cradle the shreds of my notebook, as if it were a fragile baby bird; one false move and it will shatter for good. 
“Mom! Dad!” I call, my voice still shaky.
“Yes?” I hear Dad call back, a bit startled by my voice.
“Dad!” I run into his study where he's sitting at his laptop, his face illuminated by the glow of the screen. His desk is covered in papers like mine but his is a heck of a lot messier.

I gently place the scraps on a cleared space on the desk.
Dad suddenly looks up, a lock of hair from his messy raven black bun falling out of place. He looks down at the scraps, then back up at me.
“Darling, what is it that I'm looking at, exactly?” He says it gently, as if I'm a patient in a mental hospital.
“Well, that before...

The Silent Firebrand: Chapter 1

"Dangit, Isabella! Why can't you talk for yourself like I can?!" My brother Phillip roars, his green eyes blazing. His hair, which is always neatly kept , is messy and unkempt. 

I back away, shaking. My hazel eyes can't meet his. My wavy brown hair falls into my eyes. 

"I-I'm not like you, Phillip. I'm different."  I manage to whisper. I clutch my notebook to my chest. My notebook is my safe haven. A place where I can feel myself, where I can sink in. I've created my own universe. A place where I can actually control what happens.

"Of course you're different, we're all different! But you're a Hamilton! You have a reputation to withhold" He screams. He slams the old dented mahogany desk in the corner of my room, it it covered in piles and piles of loose leaf papers. 

"Just because I'm a Hamilton doesn't mean I have to live up to everyone's standards. I'm only a...

Living in Music

MY SHOT!

Let's start at the very beginning..

When I was born, I was barely alive. The doctors gave my parents little chance that I would be able to walk or talk. I would never have a normal life. My parents called this time of their lives "the dark ages" and I don't blame them. 
" I imagine death so much it feels more like a memory. 
When's it gonna get me? in my sleep, seven feet ahead of me..."

Thankfully, my brother and I can walk and talk just like any other kid, but I was the luckier one. I only have a mild leg disability while my twin brother faces life without perefrial vision, which makes his life so much harder.
We were considered miracle children to all of Colombia but to our quaint town of Wellesley Massachusetts we were considered part of a circus freak show.
I remember one time a few years ago while I was still in...

Two Hundred Years Ago

Throwback

All I can say is that my town used to be a helluva lot smaller during the 1800s.
Everybody knows in small town, rumors go around fast. But that doesn't really make a difference because in my school rumors about "who's going with who" and "did you see what she was wearing?!"spread even quicker than a poison ivy rash on a hot day. The vivid thing I can really imagine is the thought of the Town Square which would probably be filled with many little shops, just as it is now. The road would always have carriages racing down the street filled with rich passengers worried that they are going to be late for tea at a friends' house. On the field where the church is now, there would be many vendors setting up their stands for the market day, in the area where my school is there would probably only be a one room school house, with kids rushing from...

The Two Untouchables: Vol. 1

THE TWO UNTOUCHABLES
BY ISABELLA C. COLLINS

CHAPTER ONE : AN UNLIKELY FRIENDSHIP IS FORMED
“RUN, ZINNIA! RUN! DON’T LET-- them… get to---you..” All Zinnia could hear was high pitched scream of her brother Ren, before he was attacked-- and killed by the Insiders. Her bare feet were blistered and sore from running for such a long time, her hair, long and dark was tangled and matted. Her blue eyes were red and from puffy crying. Her frock was torn from getting snagged on the vines of the rainforest. Fatigued with sorrow, Zinnia stopped at a mango tree to think about what had happened just moments ago. Why had it had to have been her brother to die? Why not her? As Zinnia was pondering upon this, she heard a earsplitting shriek. Then the sound of a laser gun....

The Two Untouchables: Vol. 1

OUTSIDERS
BY ISABELLA C. COLLINS

“RUN, ZINNIA! RUN! DON’T LET-- them… get to---you..” All Zinnia could hear was high pitched scream of her brother Ren, before he was attacked-- and killed by the Insiders. Her bare feet were blistered and sore from running for such a long time, her hair, long and dark was tangled and matted. Her blue eyes were red and from puffy crying. Her frock was torn from getting snagged on the vines of the rainforest. Fatigued with sorrow, Zinnia stopped at a mango tree to think about what had happened just moments ago. Why had it had to have been her brother to die? Why not her? As Zinnia was pondering upon this, she heard a earsplitting shriek. Then the sound of a laser gun. Zinnia jumped up, her  what if it was a bat creature, hungry for the flesh of humans? Or maybe it was just a squadron of Insider soldiers, patrolling the land ....

I.C. Fynnheart's 16 Likes

My Christmas Angel by Flynn Smith

Published 5 days ago

Fought-For Freedom by ARS7

Published 8 days ago

Thief by theresafrance

Published 9 days ago

A Perfect Christmas by izagrace04

Published 10 days ago

Pain by ARS7

Published 25 days ago

IMPORTANT-PLEASE READ by LackingASocialLife

Published 11 days ago

Coming, Coming, Leaving by iiAlxssa

Published about 1 month ago

The Tiny Kitten by Rachel22

Published about 1 month ago

Monopoly by mkhoward

Published about 1 month ago

The Dying People by Leo_Somah

Published about 1 month ago

Michael! by RedWriter

Published about 1 month ago

16 Years by Mystic

Published 2 months ago

Wrangling Thoughts (24) by RedWriter

Published 3 months ago

21 Likes from Others

Kozoku: Chapter 23

Liked by 1 person

Kozoku: Chapter 22

Liked by 1 person

Kozoku: Chapter 21

Liked by 1 person

Kozoku: Chapter 19

Liked by 1 person

Analyzing The American Dream

Liked by 1 person

Kozoku: Chapter 15

Liked by 1 person

Jesse (Chapter One)

Liked by 1 person

Kozoku: Chapter 12

Liked by 1 person

Kozoku: Chapter 10

Liked by 2 people

Kozoku: Chapter 9

Liked by 1 person

Damaged

Liked by 1 person

Behind This Mask

Liked by 2 people

MY SHOT!

Liked by 5 people

The Two Untouchables: Vol. 1

Liked by 1 person

Pro reviewer

You've now submitted over five reviews!

Earned 3 months ago

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned 3 months ago

Follower

You're following over five other writers.

Earned 3 months ago

Supporter

You're following over 10 other writers right now.

Earned 3 months ago

Admirer

You've followed over twenty other writers!

Earned 2 months ago

Patron

You're following over thirty other writers!

Earned about 2 months ago

Leader

You're being followed by over five other writers!

Earned 3 months ago

Power writer

Do you ever sleep? You've written over TEN THOUSAND WORDS.

Earned about 2 months ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned 3 months ago

Prolific

You really are prolific - you've published over ten pieces already.

Earned 2 months ago

Favoriter

Love your work - you've read and favorited over ten pieces published by others

Earned 2 months ago

Popular penman

Very nicely done - you've got over ten favorites.

Earned about 1 month ago

Reviewer

You've reviewed!

Earned 3 months ago

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Competitor inactive

It's as easy as entering a competition to earn this badge.

Good neighbor inactive

Be a good neighbor - add a profile image and write a short biography.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Super star inactive

Get your writing career glittering with more than thirty followers.

Top critic inactive

Submit over fifteen reviews and you'll be a top critic.