Image

Marerider

I'm a 15 year old girl who likes to write, read, ride horse, and serve the Lord.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13
This verse keeps me going. It reminds me that even when I am weak, God is strong!

Image

Marerider (United States) liked Whispers in the Wind by HarperGrace (United States)

Image

Marerider (United States) liked Price to Pay by HarperGrace (United States)

Image

Marerider (United States) liked Vanished by AJ Shelley (Australia)

Image

Marerider (United States) liked The Pain that Stole my Passion by Izzyk11 (United States)

Image

Marerider (United States) published:

Excerpt from The Luna Medalion

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition

They reached the door they had entered through, all out of breath. They stood, breathing hard, looking at the battle. It seemed about the same as when they had left, except that there were now fewer men fighting and more laying wounded or dead. 
    “Well,” Ashly said. “Are you ready?” Lain turned to her and nodded. 
    “Yes, are you?” Ashly looked out at the dragon, then back at Lain.
    “Yes.” She replied. Lain nodded....

Seeking Peer Reviews

Image
Default avatar user icon

Marerider (United States) started following Izzyk11 (United States)

Image
Img 4095

Marerider (United States) started following Patrick Boey (Australia)

Image

Marerider (United States) published:

I Write To...

PROMPT: Why I Write

I write to...
Tell a story...
Share my thoughts...
Teach a lesson...
Make you think...
Clear my head...
Because God gave me the gift...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Image

Marerider (United States) liked Closure by Katie Switzer (United States)

Image

Marerider (United States) reviewed:

Excerpt from The Sword of Clarendon, Book 1 (Final Competition Version)

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition

I will definitely be watching for the rest of this story and any others you might write. You have talent! Keep at it!

Novel Writing Competition

Excerpt from The Luna Medalion

“Yes.” She replied. Lain nodded. Then to Ashly’s surprise, he stepped forward and hugged her. Ashly returned the gesture, enjoying the feeling of being safe for just a moment more. At last Lain pulled away. He drew his sword and Ashly hers. She also opened the bag of dust. She looked back up at Lain and nodded. 
“Good luck,” she said. Lain looked at her for a long moment, then he bent forward and kissed her. Ashly was stunned. Lain drew back. 
“Good luck,” he...

Why I Write

I Write To...

I write to...
Tell a story...
Share my thoughts...
Teach a lesson...
Make you think...
Clear my head...
Because God gave me the gift...

Currents

The words, actions, and thoughts swirl around me. To many people, to much action, to many thoughts. Ahhhh, I can't focus, can't think, so I run. I run down the hill, around the pond and toward the woods. I reach them, panting. I lean against the giant oak at the edge, catching my breath. Then, I kneel and remove my shoes. I roll up my pants and step farther in. I wiggle my toes into the cool dirt, I lift my face to the sky. I breath in deeply. Plants, sky, and sun, a breath of  heaven. I step farther into the cool darkness of the trees. The air is cooler here, almost chilly. I take another deep breath. I smell the life of the plants, green, fresh. I listen. It is so quiet. The soft song of a bird. The rustle of a scampering squirrel. I run again, deeper in. I come to a small stream and kneel by the...

What do you wish?

What do you wish...
When you lie in bed at night...
When you sit in school...
When you lie in the grass on a warm summer day...
When you walk outside on a cold winter day...
On a long car trip with your family... 
At your best friends party...
When you walk through a store...
When you do your chores...
When you think about your life...
​What would you wish...
​If all you wishes came true...

The Luna Medalion Part 4

What is it?” asked Lain. Ashly didn’t answer. Instead she stood and reached towards the ball. “I’m not sure that’s a good idea,” Lain said but it was too late. Ashly picked up the ball. The moment she touched it, her eyes closed and she would have fallen to the floor if Lain hadn’t caught her. “Oh, no.” he murmured as he lowered her gently to the floor. “Ashly, Ashly!? Wake up!” She didn’t stir. That’s when Lain realized she was still clutching the ball, and that the color had solidified into black. He wasn’t sure what that meant, but he guessed it wasn’t good. 
    When Ashly touched the ball, it seemed to transport her to another place entirely. She was floating, or at least she thought she was floating. She didn’t seem to be standing on anything. Everything around her was black, the black of night after the sun has set and before the moon has risen....

LIFE, Explanation

Earlier I published a piece called LIFE. I used four words they started with the letters L I F E to describe life. Love, Imagination, Faith, and Emotions. One person asked me why I used all positive words, after all life isn't all sunshine and rainbows. 
    The truth is I hadn't really thought about it. LOVE, was a piece I just kind of threw together and when I was thinking about what words to use I thought of nice ones. 
    People today sometimes see the world as a dark place. People tell me I'm a positive person. I'm proud of that. I want to believe the best in every situation. Give everyone a second chance. Some people might call me naïve or even foolish. "Not everyone deserves a second chance, some people really are bad." They might say. They are right, some people are bad, but some are good. How are you going to know if you...

Who are you?

Who are you?... No, I didn't ask what you are, I asked who you are. There's a difference. Confused? I think people often consider these two questions to mean the same thing. To me however they are two different things. Nowadays people often confuse these two facts. What you are is not who you are. What do I mean by this? Well, let me ask you a question. What are you?... What comes to mind when I say this? You might think you are a horrific ice skater, good student, an excellent writer, a skilled painter, a terrible poet. All of these things are what you are... not who you are. Get it? Now let me ask you another question. Who are you?... I don't want to know what you are great at, or what you stink at, I don't want to know what your Facebook page says about you. I want to know who you are. I want to...

The Luna Medalion Part 3

The top of the wall was less chaotic then the courtyard below. Ashly hurried over to Sir Trenton, who was in charge with her father gone. He was one of her father’s oldest friends and best warriors. She stood beside him as he looked out over the city. After the castle had sounded the alarm, everyone had returned to their homes and now the streets where eerily silent.
    “Any sign of him?” she asked. Sir Trenton turned and smiled wearily at her.
    “Not yet. A part of me hopes that this wasn’t a false alarm, after all the work we have done. But the other part of me really hopes it is, because I’m not sure we can beat him.” Ashly nodded in understanding, her eyes scanning the streets. Then they focused on the main pathway. She could she a blue light making its way up the street. She pointed to it and said,
   ...

Why I Write

I Write To...

I write to...
Tell a story...
Share my thoughts...
Teach a lesson...
Make you think...
Clear my head...
Because God have me the gift...

LOVE

Loyalty 
Openness  
Value 
Emotions 

Novel Writing Competition

Excerpt from The Luna Medalion

“Yes.” Lain nodded. Then to Ashly’s surprise, he stepped forward and hugged her. Ashly returned the gesture, enjoying the feeling of being safe for just a moment more. At last Lain pulled away. He drew his sword and Ashly hers. She also opened the bag of dust. She looked back up at Lain and nodded. 
“Good luck,” he said. Then,...

The Luna Medalion Part 2

The next day Ashly rose early and joined the rest of the guards in practice. After that, she cleaned up and headed to the dining hall. She slid into her place at the front table, next to her father, who greeted her with a smile. Once the rest of the men had sat down Sir Garen rose and gave thanks for the meal. Sir Garen was not an extremely tall man, but he had an air of command about him that made you think he was bigger. He had jet black hair and sparkling green eyes. Ashly had inherited those eyes, but her hair was blonde as her mother’s had been. She also had her mother’s fiery spirit, or so her father said. 
    After breakfast Sir Garen told Ashly that she was to guard the princess for the rest of the day. Ashly saluted respectfully and headed into the castle. 
    The castle was very old. It...

The Luna Medalion Part 1

Ashly walked through the market, her sword thumping against her thigh. The familiar market sounds and smells were swirling around her. The laughter of children as they raced in and out of the crowd, the shouting of a merchant advertising his wares, and the shrill voice of women as they haggled over goods greeted her ears as she turned into the main market. The smell of cinnamon rolls, horse sweat and leather assailed her nostrils. She hurried on, weaving her way expertly through the crowd. A few people called out to her as she passed their stalls, and Ashly waved and smiled in return, but did not stop to chat. She turned out of the market and onto the main pathway, heading toward the palace. She reached the gates just as the sun dipped below the peaks of the far away mountains. 
    The guard on duty saluted. “Returning late today, Miss. Busy day?” Ashly nodded to the guard...

LIFE

Love
Imagination 
Faith
Emotions

When I Was Young On The Farm

When I was young on the farm Dad and I would go snowmobiling across the snowy fields.
​When I was young on the farm Mom would make chocolate chip cookies and hot chocolate for us when we came in from playing in the snow.
​When I was young on the farm I would tell Maddie stories in bed at night.
When I was young on the farm Mom and I would race Zana and Hank along the woods.
​When I was young on the farm Mom taught me how to make Chicken Tetrazzini.
When I was young on the farm Daddy and I would tune into Ranger Bill while we assembled silver shelves in the shop.
When I was young on the farm Ashton and I would debate whether Artemis Fowl and Holly Short were in love.
​When I was young on the farm Ashton and I would play the piano together.
When I was young on the farm Taylor and...

LIFE

Love
Imagination 
Faith
Encouragem

Wishes Worth Wishing

Wishes. What of you had the gift that every wish you made came true? I'm sure your first thought is that that would be awesome. You could get anything you wanted! A new computer, the latest fashions, a brand new car, anything. Wishes can be good. Wishes that are thought out. Ones that are meant to benefit others. Wishes like, I wish for world peace or I wish my little sister would recover from her illness. These wishes are good, great even, but what about those other wishes... The ones we think in a moment of anger? The ones we make out of exasperation with a sibling or friend? The ones that hurt others? These wishes are not so good.
​In a way we all have the ability to make our wishes come true. In today's world almost anything is possible if you work hard enough. If you want the newest phone, you have to work for it. If you want to become an excellent piano player, you have to practice. 
It...

What do you wish?

What do you wish when you lie in bed at night?
What do you wish when you sit in school?
What do you wish when you lie in the grass on a warm summer day?
What do you wish when you walk outside on a cold winter day?
What do you wish on a long car trip with your family? 
What do you wish at your best friends party?
What do you wish when you walk through a store?
What do you wish when you do your chores? 
What do you wish when you think about your life?
What of all your wishes came true?
Would that be good? 
Would that be bad?
Better be careful what you wish for, you don't know which wishes will come true. 

Truths and Untruths

What I wish

I wish magic were real.
I wish dolls came to life.
I wish my horse could talk. 
I wish fairy's lived in the trees.
I wish trees could move.
I wish elves lived in the forest. 
I wish dragons lived in the mountains. 
I wish gryphon's flew threw the sky.
I wish mermaids lived in the seas. 
I wish these wishes could come true.

Songwriting Competition

A Story That I Hear

Chorus 
There's a story that I hear,
Wispered whenever I walk under a tree,
Shouted whenever I walk through a forest.

A story of love,
A story of sacrifice,
A story of Life.

A story of the greatest love,
A story of the man who loved me,
A story of the love given to all.

Chorus 

A story of the ultimate sacrifice,
A story of the man who died for me,
A story of the sacrifice made for all.

Chorus

A story the the truest life,
A story of the man who gives breath,
A story of the life offered to all. 

Chorus 

A story of the greatest love, 
A story of the ultimate sacrifice, 
A story of the truest life.

Songwriting Competition

A Story That I Hear

Chorus 
There's a story that I here,
Wispered whenever I walk under a tree,

A story of love,
A story of sacrifice,
A story of Life.

A story of the greatest love,
A story of the man who loved me,
A story of the love given to all.

Chorus 

A story of the ultimate sacrifice,
A story of the man who died for me,
A story of the sacrifice made for all.

Chorus

A story the the truest life,
A story of the man who gives breath,
A story of the life offered to all. 

Chorus 

A story of the greatest love, 
A story of the ultimate sacrifice, 
A story of the truest life.

Flash Fiction Competition

Bittersweet Endings

I close the book with a satisfying thump and let out a deep sigh. I run a finger along the spine, tracing the title. It was a riveting book, full of adventure, mystery and romance. I look at the cover and smile as I remember the scene it depicts. I am glad to have finished it, to know the outcome. And yet I wish it was not over, I wish the adventure could go on. I will never read that book the same way again. I return the book to the shelf and sigh. The ending is bittersweet.

Writing

Writing. Some people say it's simple, some people say it's hard. Some say fun, some say torture. Some say exciting, some say boring. Some say it takes talent, some say anyone can do it. When it's mentioned, some people smile, some frown. Some people are writers, and some people aren't. Which are you? 

He Paved the Path

I was lost. The darkness closed in around me. Where is the light that guided me?  The path on which I stood? The darkness griped me like a cold hand wrapping around my heart. I sat down and cried not knowing what to do. Presently, I looked up and in the distance I saw a glimmer.  I jumped to my feet and began to run toward it.  I stumbled and fell on the rocky path.  O where is the light that guided that me?  The smooth path on which I trod? I kept running toward the light. I stumbled and fell many times, but I kept on toward the light.
     I finally reached it. It was a city of marble and gold. The whole place shone and the people looked happy and were dressed in clean white clothes. I looked down at my own dirty clothes and at the scrapes and bruises covering my body. I take a...

Flash Fiction Competition

Bittersweet Endings

I close the book with a satisfying thump and let out a deep sigh. I run a finger along the spine tracing the title. It was a good book, full of adventure and mystery. I look at the cover, and smile as I remember the scene it depicts. I am glad to have finished it, to know the outcome. And yet I wish it was not over, I wish the adventure could go on. I will never read that book the same way again. I return the book to the shelf and sigh. The ending is bitter sweet.

Marerider's 62 Likes

Whispers in the Wind by HarperGrace

Published 4 days ago

Price to Pay by HarperGrace

Published 2 days ago

Vanished by AJ Shelley

Published 2 days ago

The Pain that Stole my Passion by Izzyk11

Published 2 days ago

Closure by Katie Switzer

Published 11 days ago

Lillian's Rain by Nadia Kotova

Published 7 days ago

Headphones by Ari27

Published 5 days ago

The Owl Of Mystery by Clare B

Published 16 days ago

Dust by Clare B

Published 13 days ago

A TYPE OF RIDDLE FOR YOU TO SOLVE by Clare B

Published 11 days ago

Mara Bennett by casual.ties

Published 6 days ago

Lennox Murders by Hamlet

Published 7 days ago

Alphabetical Advise by Sentenced

Published 14 days ago

His world by Sentenced

Published 7 days ago

Why I Dare Write by Hannah Brown

Published 8 days ago

Saying Goodbye by Joanna

Published 7 days ago

Answer to Riddle! by Zoe Skaggs

Published 2 months ago

Olivia by Pandy99

Published 2 months ago

Riddle! by Zoe Skaggs

Published 2 months ago

Mercy by Hannah Gaudette - JoyfulWriter

Published 3 months ago

The Wish by Parzival

Published 2 months ago

Love Can Be Hard by UNC Angel

Published 2 months ago

One Of Those Days by UNC Angel

Published 2 months ago

Why Things Have To Be Like This by UNC Angel

Published 2 months ago

A Math Problem by Maria Kozakova

Published 2 months ago

Desk by Zoe Skaggs

Published 2 months ago

Forest of the Eyes by nmallaghan

Published 2 months ago

Braving Life by Kaitlyn

Published 2 months ago

Brother by Starchild

Published 2 months ago

Life by Vee_99

Published 2 months ago

Tell Me by theresafrance

Published 2 months ago

Magmatized by Jeremy Houle

Published 2 months ago

Bubble by Madi_P

Published 2 months ago

So we could all stand as one by Rosie

Published 3 months ago

Peeling paint by Rosie

Published 3 months ago

Tick tick tick. by Rosie

Published 2 months ago

Pure Dreams of Small Children by Kaitlyn

Published 3 months ago

Neverland's Sea's by BlueWriter

Published 3 months ago

My life by The_One_Who_Lives

Published 2 months ago

The eternal finish line by wild_daisy

Published 2 months ago

Walking Down the Aisle by theresafrance

Published 2 months ago

FOREST by An@nya

Published 2 months ago

R.I.P ARIEL by mysterious_writer13

Published 2 months ago

Hate by agdavis22

Published 2 months ago

Chaos Comes to Town by Grover_the_forest

Published 2 months ago

Uninteresting life by CostinGhiban

Published 2 months ago

God is There or Somewhere by Lee Fudge

Published 2 months ago

​Progression by RedWriter

Published 2 months ago

She's Shy, I'm Shy by ARS7

Published 2 months ago

Serene by daffodildavid

Published 3 months ago

In the Stars by M. Elyse Lynch

Published 3 months ago

Quick love note by JamieCarter

Published 3 months ago

A Magical Wish by Azima Huggins

Published 4 months ago

CHANGE by Zoe_Panda025

Published 3 months ago

Inner by Zoe_Panda025

Published 3 months ago

Naivety by Fidgetsally

Published 3 months ago

desperate measures by Jordan Che

Published 3 months ago

Never by Jasmine_K

Published 3 months ago

Maggie Magnolia by casual.ties

Published 3 months ago

Jump by Shar

Published 3 months ago

13 Likes from Others

What do you wish?

Liked by 1 person

Which Way?

Liked by 3 people

LOVE

Liked by 3 people

LIFE, Explanation

Liked by 1 person

I Write To...

Liked by 1 person

Excerpt from The Luna Medalion

Liked by 1 person

LIFE

Liked by 4 people

Bittersweet Endings

Liked by 6 people

Wishes Worth Wishing

Liked by 4 people

A Story That I Hear

Liked by 4 people

Bittersweet Endings

Liked by 1 person

Writing

Liked by 1 person

He Paved the Path

Liked by 2 people

Good neighbor

We like your photo and your biography.

Earned 3 months ago

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned 3 months ago

Follower

You're following over five other writers.

Earned 2 months ago

Supporter

You're following over 10 other writers right now.

Earned 4 days ago

Leader

You're being followed by over five other writers!

Earned 3 months ago

Power writer

Do you ever sleep? You've written over TEN THOUSAND WORDS.

Earned 7 days ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned 4 months ago

Prolific

You really are prolific - you've published over ten pieces already.

Earned 7 days ago

Favoriter

Love your work - you've read and favorited over ten pieces published by others

Earned 3 months ago

Popular penman

Very nicely done - you've got over ten favorites.

Earned 5 days ago

Reviewer

You've reviewed!

Earned 3 months ago

Competitor

Thanks for entering a competition.

Earned 3 months ago

Admirer inactive

Follow over twenty other writers to become an admirer!

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Patron inactive

Become a patron of writers - follow over thirty of them.

Pro reviewer inactive

Submit over five reviews and get that Pro Reviewer feeling.

Super star inactive

Get your writing career glittering with more than thirty followers.

Top critic inactive

Submit over fifteen reviews and you'll be a top critic.