Image

Marerider

I'm a 15 year old girl who likes to write, read, ride horse, and serve the Lord.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13
This verse keeps me going. It reminds me that even when I am weak, God is strong!

Image
20171225 152341

Marerider (United States) started following ~Wonder~ (United States)

about 12 hours ago

Image

Marerider (United States) liked Ethereal by ~Wonder~ (United States)

about 12 hours ago

Image
Img 5349.png

Marerider (United States) started following bella.w (United States)

about 12 hours ago

Image

Marerider (United States) liked Lock Screen by bella.w (United States)

about 12 hours ago

Image

Marerider (United States) liked The Monster Inside of Me by Kit-Kat (United States)

about 16 hours ago

Image
Default avatar user icon

Marerider (United States) started following jasonstarlight (United States)

about 19 hours ago

Image

Marerider (United States) liked I Write To Escape by jasonstarlight (United States)

about 19 hours ago

Image

Marerider (United States) liked Human by jasonstarlight (United States)

about 19 hours ago

Image

Marerider (United States) liked A Soldiers Love by Riley Noel (United States)

1 day ago

Image

Marerider (United States) liked orelia by Fidgetsally (United Kingdom)

Love in 13 Words

Letting Go

In the instant you realize loving someone means letting go... your heart breaks. 

Love in 13 Words

Letting Go

The moment you realize loving someone means letting them go your heart breaks.

Monster Flash Fiction Competition

A Noble Creature

The dragon landed heavily on the forest floor. The sun glinting off his coppery scales. He placed his large body between the young dragon and the girl tied to the giant oak.
    “What are you doing?” The old dragon asked his voice deep and rumbly. 
    “I’m taking the princess, old one. Step aside.” The young one replied. His voice arrogant. He took a step forward and the old one hissed. 
    “Not another step.  Taking princesses has only ever gotten our kind killed. Have you not listened to the warnings of your elders?” The old one rumbled his voice warning. The young one scoffed. 
    “What do you know old one? You have lived to long and no longer understand the ways of this world. Step aside!” He dared to take another step forward. The old dragon reared on his hind legs and flashed his wings letting out a roar. 
    “You disrespect me, young one. I...

Writing is a Fire

Writing is a fire that burns within me. Sometimes it burns high, fuled by my passion. The flames flash and I can feel the heat of it. The words flow, spinning, twirling, twisting into a story. Sparked by my sorrow, anger, joy, or just a desire to create! Sometimes it is low, smothered by my despair. Only an ember remains and sometimes I think it has gone out altogether. The words run, flipping, jumping, and bounding into a mess!
​    But no matter how low it gets, no matter how cold I feel. The flame always returns. It will flash up suddenly, filling me with the words I need. I can feel the flames spiraling through my veins. My heart pounds with the words I need, my fingers itch to write.
     Yes, writing is a fire that burns within me... And it never goes out.  

A Noble Creature

The dragon landed heavily on the forest floor. The sun glinting off his coppery scales. He placed his large body between the young dragon and the girl tied to the giant oak in the center of the clearing.
   ...

FEELINGS

Fear 
Enjoyment 
Envy
Love
Indecision 
Nervous 
Grand
Sorry
Why do feelings have to be complicated?! Why can't we just feel one at a time?! When you feel the emotions above, do you ever feel just one? Why can't I understand my own emotions; never mind others? Sometimes I think it would be nice if we all have a screen on our foreheads displaying how we feel! Then I could look in a mirror and know what I am feeling. I would also understand others feelings. Then again, maybe I don't want to know what others are feeling, or want them to know what I am feeling. They might not be feeling very nice. I may want to hid my sorrow, embarrassment, or fear. I might not want to know what I am really feeling.
Uggg! I can't even decide if I want to know my own emotions!

All That Matters

Gregory stalked through the forest, his left hand resting on his sword hilt and his right brushing the thick branches out of his way. He could not go as fast as he would have liked for fear of tripping as the light that filtered through the thick leaves was faint, but he kept on. With each step he took his chest ached. It felt as if someone had driven a dagger into it, and every time he thought about it a pang shot through him. He had been a fool. Again! To be tricked once was pardonable, but to fall for the same trick twice was just humiliating. He had been so sure that Talia was different from Jenna, that she would never betray him. But she did. He thought bitterly and at that thought he felt the dagger twist. 
​    He had gone searching for her as soon as he returned from his assignment. He had found important...

Flash Fiction Competition 2017

Bittersweet Endings

I close the book with a satisfying thump and let out a deep sigh. I run a finger along the spine, tracing the silver title. It was a riveting book, full of adventure, mystery and romance. I look at the cover and smile as I remember the scene it depicts. I am glad to have finished it, to know the outcome. And yet I wish it was not over, I wish the adventure could go on. I will never read that book the same way again. I return the book to the shelf and sigh. The ending is bittersweet.

All That Matters

Gregory stalked through the forest, his left hand resting on his sword hilt and his right brushing the thick branches out of his way. He could not go as fast as he would have liked, for fear of tripping as the light that filtered through the thick leaves was faint, but he kept on. With every step he took his chest ached. It felt as if someone had driven a dagger into it, and every time he thought about it a pang shot through him. He had been a fool. Again! To be tricked once was pardonable, but to fall for the same trick twice was just humiliating. He had been so sure that Talia was different from Jenna, that she would never betray him. But she did. He thought bitterly and at that thought he felt the dagger twist. He had gone searching for her as soon as he returned from his assignment.
​    He had found important...

All That Matters

Gregory stalked through the forest, his left hand resting on his sword hilt and his right brushing the thick branches out of his way. He could not go as fast as he would have liked, do to the faint moonlight filtering through the thick trees, but he kept on. With every step he took his chest ached. It felt as if someone had driven a dagger into it, and every time he thought about it a pang shot through him. He had been a fool. Again! To be tricked once was pardonable, but to fall for the same trick twice was just humiliating. He had been so sure that Talia was different from Jenna, that she would never betray him. But she did. He thought bitterly and at the thought he felt the dagger twist. He had gone searching for her as soon as he returned from his assignment.
​    He had found important information regarding the war. He...

Third Person Limited

Jess's Love

James looks toward the door as it opens. Pulling his eyes away from the man in front of him. He gasps and his knees collapse.
​"No." He whispers, then again, louder. "No!" He stands and pulls against the chains binding his hands to the wall behind him, straining toward the girl standing bound and gaged in the doorway. He turns and glares at Grey. "Let her go! She has nothing to do with this!" He shouts. He glares at Grey, fury evident in his expression and the tenseness of his muscles. Grey just laughs.
​    "Yes, she does James. You brought her into this." James's legs threaten to buckle again but he stands firm. He can't let Grey see the regret and despair he feels. He turns again to the girl. He feels as if someone has stabbed him when he sees her bedraggled and scared appearance. He looks into her eyes and sees something that hurts him even...

T.H.E. I kow this sounds weird but please read it.

There once lived a man named Thomas Coal. He was very intelligent. He finished high school by the time he was fourteen. When he was sixteen he went to collage for mechanics and engineering. He did very well. When he finished collage at the age if eighteen he got a job at a local electronics factory. He very much enjoyed this job.
    When he was twenty he decided to do some experimenting of his own. It took him a long time to finish it. Ten years in fact, but when it was done he was very satisfied with it. Now you might think that being so talented Thomas would have created something that would help all of mankind. The truth was that he had not. In fact he had done the opposite.
    Thomas had grown up an orphan and had had to put up with a lot of teasing at the orphanage where he...

FEELINGS

Fear 
Enjoyment 
Envy
Love
Indecisive 
Nervous 
Great
Sorrow
Why do feelings have to be complicated? When you feel the emotions above, do you ever feel just one? Why can't I understand my own emotions; never mind others? Some times I think it would be nice if we all have a screen on our foreheads displaying how we feel. Then I could look in a mirror and know what I am feeling. I would also understand others feelings. Then again, maybe I don't want to know what others are feeling, or want them to know what I am feeling. They might not be feeling very nice. I may want to hid my sorrow, embarrassment, or fear. I might not want to know what I am really feeling.

I Challange You!

I wake up and get out of bed... again.
​I do school, I eat, I talk... again.
​I read, I write, I think... again.
​I yell, get angry, lash out... again.
​I laugh, I joke, I forgive... again.
​I slip into bed, sleep... again.

​In our lives there is a lot of repetition. We do many things daily, if not even more often. Do you ever think about the things you do every day? Your habits? Most likely you don't (No offence meant.) This coming year I challenge you to think about your habits. The things that seem ordinary and common place. Here are some questions to get you started.
Are the things I do really as boring as I thought?
​Are the things I do things I want to keep doing?

On the Last Day of the World

His Son

On the last day of the world I would thank God for sending his son... again. 

Ten Words to You

Landis Farm

A peaceful, secluded valley, an old brick farm house, family.

Third Person Limited

Jess's Love

James looks toward the door as it opens . He gasps and his knees collapse.
​"No." He whispers, then again, louder. "No!" He stands and pulls against the chains binding his hands to the wall, straining toward the girl standing bound and gaged in the doorway. He turns and glares at Grey. "Let her go! She has nothing to do with this!" He shouts. He glares at Grey, fury evident in his expression. Grey laughs.
​    "Yes, she does James. You brought her into this." James's legs threaten to buckle again but he stands firm. He can't let Grey see the regret and despair he feels. He turns again to the girl. He feels as if someone has stabbed him when he sees her bedraggled and scared appearance. He looks into her eyes and sees something that hurts him even more than her fear. Trust. This does send James to his knees. He falls to the floor. His eyes...

...But They Are

Have you ever been the person left out?
The one who feels as if they don't fit?
You may stand in the middle of the group and talk, tease, and laugh like the rest, but you feel as if you don't belong. In your mind you might as well be sitting in an empty room.
They don't mean to make you feel left out... but they do.
It isn't their fault their different... but they are.
You don't think like they do. You don't know what they know. They don't mean to be mean... but they are.
No one notices that you are lonely. They don't mean not to notice... but they don't.
People tell you how well you fit it. How easily you make friends. They don't mean to be cruel... but they are.

My December Competition 2017

DECEMBER

Delight
Everyone
Cold
Elves
Memories
Birth
East
​Relax
    To some people these eight words may seem a strange way to describe December, but each one holds a special meaning for me.
​    Delight, this word is pretty simple. I find delight it almost every part of December. I love the feel of December, you can almost see hope in the air.
    Everyone, this is also easy to explain. To me December is a time that draws people together. People gather together for the holidays, it is a time to heal the past and look to the future. December, most especially Christmas, makes people long to have a family. To feel like they belong, and are loved.
​    Cold, I know this isn't true for everyone but, I love the cold of December! I love snow, ice skating, sledding, snowmobiling, all of it!
​    Elves, this may seem a strange one, but to me...

My December Competition 2017

DECEMBER

Delight
Everyone
Cold
Elves
Memories
Birth
East
​Relax

Ten Words to You

Landis Farm

Family...
Laughter...
Tears...
Secrets...
Joy...
Despair...
Quiet...
Noise...
My heart...

Ten Words to You

Landis Farm

A peaceful, secluded valley, an old brick farm house, home.

My December Competition 2017

DECEMBER

Delight
Everyone
Cold
Elves
Memories
Birth
East
​Relax
    Everyone, this is also easy to explain. To me December is a time that draws people together. People gather together for the holidays, it is a time to heal the past and look to the future.
​    Elves, this may seem a strange one, but to me it symbolizes all the icons, figures, of Christmas that aren't real. To some people Christmas is all about Santa...

The Luna Medalion Part 6

When they arrived, it was full. The royals, nobles, ambassadors, and as many of the palace staff that could fit filled the room. Ashly gripped Lain’s hand tighter as they walked up to the thrones. They bowed before the king and queen and the king motioned for them to rise. Sir Garen came over with a chair for Lain. Lain looked at the king for permission before sitting. When he was seated, the king spoke.
    “I am told that it is because of you two that my castle is still standing, and Fenworth is not in possession of the Luna Medallion. Please, tell us how this came to be.” Ashly glanced at Lain, who nodded for her to tell the story, and so she did. She started from the moment the passage had closed that morning, till Fenworth’s death. Lain joined in here and there, adding details or telling things from his point of view. It took a...

The Luna Medalion Part 5

After Ashly had successfully landed on the dragon, Lain had kept running. The reason being that the dragon was still coming his way. It had not yet noticed Ashly. As Lain ran, he kept his eyes on the ground in front of him. Nevertheless, he tripped on a man lying at the bottom of the main steps. Luckily for Lain, that was about the time the dragon realized it had a hitch hiker. As Lain fell, he twisted his ankle and he could not help crying out in pain. Unfortunately, that caught Fenworth’s attention. The wizard came toward him. Lain reach for his sword, but it had been sent flying when he fell. He tried to get up and run, but he had twisted his ankle badly and could barely put any weight on it. By that time, Fenworth was close enough to grab him. He pulled Lain to his feet and held a knife to his throat. Then they...

Truths and Untruths

I Wish...

I wish...
​Magic was real...
​Unicorns wandered the forests...
​Dragons lurked in the mountains...
​Gryphons flew threw the sky...
Elves lived in the forests... 
​Dwarves mined the mountains...
​Pixies fluttered through the sky...
​Enchantresses studied in the forests...
​Wizards learned in the mountains...
​Pegasus ruled the sky...  

Novel Writing Competition 2017

Excerpt from The Luna Medalion

They reached the door they had entered through, all out of breath. They stood, breathing hard, looking at the battle. It seemed about the same as when they had left, except that there were now fewer men fighting and more laying wounded or dead. 
    “Well,” Ashly said. “Are you ready?” Lain turned to her and nodded. 
    “Yes, are you?” Ashly looked out at the dragon, then back at Lain.
    “Yes.” She replied. Lain nodded. Then to Ashly’s surprise, he stepped forward and hugged her. Ashly returned the gesture, enjoying the feeling of being safe for just a moment more. At last Lain pulled away. He drew his sword and Ashly hers. She also opened the bag of dust. She looked back up at Lain and nodded. 
“Good luck,” she said. Lain looked at her for a long moment, then he bent forward and kissed her. Ashly was stunned. Lain drew back. 
“Good luck,” he...

Why I Write

I Write To...

I write to...
Tell a story...
Share my thoughts...
Teach a lesson...
Make you think...
Clear my head...
Because God gave me the gift...

Currents

The words, actions, and thoughts swirl around me. To many people, to much action, to many thoughts. Ahhhh, I can't focus, can't think, so I run. I run down the hill, around the pond and toward the woods. I reach them, panting. I lean against the giant oak at the edge, catching my breath. Then, I kneel and remove my shoes. I roll up my pants and step farther in. I wiggle my toes into the cool dirt, I lift my face to the sky. I breath in deeply. Plants, sky, and sun, a breath of  heaven. I step farther into the cool darkness of the trees. The air is cooler here, almost chilly. I take another deep breath. I smell the life of the plants, green, fresh. I listen. It is so quiet. The soft song of a bird. The rustle of a scampering squirrel. I run again, deeper in. I come to a small stream and kneel by the...

What do you wish?

What do you wish...
When you lie in bed at night...
When you sit in school...
When you lie in the grass on a warm summer day...
When you walk outside on a cold winter day...
On a long car trip with your family... 
At your best friends party...
When you walk through a store...
When you do your chores...
When you think about your life...
​What would you wish...
​If all you wishes came true...

The Luna Medalion Part 4

What is it?” asked Lain. Ashly didn’t answer. Instead she stood and reached towards the ball. “I’m not sure that’s a good idea,” Lain said but it was too late. Ashly picked up the ball. The moment she touched it, her eyes closed and she would have fallen to the floor if Lain hadn’t caught her. “Oh, no.” he murmured as he lowered her gently to the floor. “Ashly, Ashly!? Wake up!” She didn’t stir. That’s when Lain realized she was still clutching the ball, and that the color had solidified into black. He wasn’t sure what that meant, but he guessed it wasn’t good. 
    When Ashly touched the ball, it seemed to transport her to another place entirely. She was floating, or at least she thought she was floating. She didn’t seem to be standing on anything. Everything around her was black, the black of night after the sun has set and before the moon has risen....

LIFE, Explanation

Earlier I published a piece called LIFE. I used four words they started with the letters L I F E to describe life. Love, Imagination, Faith, and Emotions. One person asked me why I used all positive words, after all life isn't all sunshine and rainbows. 
    The truth is I hadn't really thought about it. LOVE, was a piece I just kind of threw together and when I was thinking about what words to use I thought of nice ones. 
    People today sometimes see the world as a dark place. People tell me I'm a positive person. I'm proud of that. I want to believe the best in every situation. Give everyone a second chance. Some people might call me naïve or even foolish. "Not everyone deserves a second chance, some people really are bad." They might say. They are right, some people are bad, but some are good. How are you going to know if you...

Who are you?

Who are you?... No, I didn't ask what you are, I asked who you are. There's a difference. Confused? I think people often consider these two questions to mean the same thing. To me however they are two different things. Nowadays people often confuse these two facts. What you are is not who you are. What do I mean by this? Well, let me ask you a question. What are you?... What comes to mind when I say this? You might think you are a horrific ice skater, good student, an excellent writer, a skilled painter, a terrible poet. All of these things are what you are... not who you are. Get it? Now let me ask you another question. Who are you?... I don't want to know what you are great at, or what you stink at, I don't want to know what your Facebook page says about you. I want to know who you are. I want to...

The Luna Medalion Part 3

The top of the wall was less chaotic then the courtyard below. Ashly hurried over to Sir Trenton, who was in charge with her father gone. He was one of her father’s oldest friends and best warriors. She stood beside him as he looked out over the city. After the castle had sounded the alarm, everyone had returned to their homes and now the streets where eerily silent.
    “Any sign of him?” she asked. Sir Trenton turned and smiled wearily at her.
    “Not yet. A part of me hopes that this wasn’t a false alarm, after all the work we have done. But the other part of me really hopes it is, because I’m not sure we can beat him.” Ashly nodded in understanding, her eyes scanning the streets. Then they focused on the main pathway. She could she a blue light making its way up the street. She pointed to it and said,
   ...

Why I Write

I Write To...

I write to...
Tell a story...
Share my thoughts...
Teach a lesson...
Make you think...
Clear my head...
Because God have me the gift...

LOVE

Loyalty 
Openness  
Value 
Emotions 

Novel Writing Competition 2017

Excerpt from The Luna Medalion

“Yes.” Lain nodded. Then to Ashly’s surprise, he stepped forward and hugged her. Ashly returned the gesture, enjoying the feeling of being safe for just a moment more. At last Lain pulled away. He drew his sword and Ashly hers. She also opened the bag of dust. She looked back up at Lain and nodded. 
“Good luck,” he said. Then,...

The Luna Medalion Part 2

The next day Ashly rose early and joined the rest of the guards in practice. After that, she cleaned up and headed to the dining hall. She slid into her place at the front table, next to her father, who greeted her with a smile. Once the rest of the men had sat down Sir Garen rose and gave thanks for the meal. Sir Garen was not an extremely tall man, but he had an air of command about him that made you think he was bigger. He had jet black hair and sparkling green eyes. Ashly had inherited those eyes, but her hair was blonde as her mother’s had been. She also had her mother’s fiery spirit, or so her father said. 
    After breakfast Sir Garen told Ashly that she was to guard the princess for the rest of the day. Ashly saluted respectfully and headed into the castle. 
    The castle was very old. It...

The Luna Medalion Part 1

Ashly walked through the market, her sword thumping against her thigh. The familiar market sounds and smells were swirling around her. The laughter of children as they raced in and out of the crowd, the shouting of a merchant advertising his wares, and the shrill voice of women as they haggled over goods greeted her ears as she turned into the main market. The smell of cinnamon rolls, horse sweat and leather assailed her nostrils. She hurried on, weaving her way expertly through the crowd. A few people called out to her as she passed their stalls, and Ashly waved and smiled in return, but did not stop to chat. She turned out of the market and onto the main pathway, heading toward the palace. She reached the gates just as the sun dipped below the peaks of the far away mountains. 
    The guard on duty saluted. “Returning late today, Miss. Busy day?” Ashly nodded to the guard...

LIFE

Love
Imagination 
Faith
Emotions

When I Was Young On The Farm

When I was young on the farm Dad and I would go snowmobiling across the snowy fields.
​When I was young on the farm Mom would make chocolate chip cookies and hot chocolate for us when we came in from playing in the snow.
​When I was young on the farm I would tell Maddie stories in bed at night.
When I was young on the farm Mom and I would race Zana and Hank along the woods.
​When I was young on the farm Mom taught me how to make Chicken Tetrazzini.
When I was young on the farm Daddy and I would tune into Ranger Bill while we assembled silver shelves in the shop.
When I was young on the farm Ashton and I would debate whether Artemis Fowl and Holly Short were in love.
​When I was young on the farm Ashton and I would play the piano together.
When I was young on the farm Taylor and...

LIFE

Love
Imagination 
Faith
Encouragem

Wishes Worth Wishing

Wishes. What of you had the gift that every wish you made came true? I'm sure your first thought is that that would be awesome. You could get anything you wanted! A new computer, the latest fashions, a brand new car, anything. Wishes can be good. Wishes that are thought out. Ones that are meant to benefit others. Wishes like, I wish for world peace or I wish my little sister would recover from her illness. These wishes are good, great even, but what about those other wishes... The ones we think in a moment of anger? The ones we make out of exasperation with a sibling or friend? The ones that hurt others? These wishes are not so good.
​In a way we all have the ability to make our wishes come true. In today's world almost anything is possible if you work hard enough. If you want the newest phone, you have to work for it. If you want to become an excellent piano player, you have to practice. 
It...

What do you wish?

What do you wish when you lie in bed at night?
What do you wish when you sit in school?
What do you wish when you lie in the grass on a warm summer day?
What do you wish when you walk outside on a cold winter day?
What do you wish on a long car trip with your family? 
What do you wish at your best friends party?
What do you wish when you walk through a store?
What do you wish when you do your chores? 
What do you wish when you think about your life?
What of all your wishes came true?
Would that be good? 
Would that be bad?
Better be careful what you wish for, you don't know which wishes will come true. 

Truths and Untruths

I Wish...

I wish magic were real.
I wish dolls came to life.
I wish my horse could talk. 
I wish fairy's lived in the trees.
I wish trees could move.
I wish elves lived in the forest. 
I wish dragons lived in the mountains. 
I wish gryphon's flew threw the sky.
I wish mermaids lived in the seas. 
I wish these wishes could come true.

Songwriting Competition 2017

A Story That I Hear

Chorus 
There's a story that I hear,
Wispered whenever I walk under a tree,
Shouted whenever I walk through a forest.

A story of love,
A story of sacrifice,
A story of Life.

A story of the greatest love,
A story of the man who loved me,
A story of the love given to all.

Chorus 

A story of the ultimate sacrifice,
A story of the man who died for me,
A story of the sacrifice made for all.

Chorus

A story the the truest life,
A story of the man who gives breath,
A story of the life offered to all. 

Chorus 

A story of the greatest love, 
A story of the ultimate sacrifice, 
A story of the truest life.

Songwriting Competition 2017

A Story That I Hear

Chorus 
There's a story that I here,
Wispered whenever I walk under a tree,

A story of love,
A story of sacrifice,
A story of Life.

A story of the greatest love,
A story of the man who loved me,
A story of the love given to all.

Chorus 

A story of the ultimate sacrifice,
A story of the man who died for me,
A story of the sacrifice made for all.

Chorus

A story the the truest life,
A story of the man who gives breath,
A story of the life offered to all. 

Chorus 

A story of the greatest love, 
A story of the ultimate sacrifice, 
A story of the truest life.

Flash Fiction Competition 2017

Bittersweet Endings

I close the book with a satisfying thump and let out a deep sigh. I run a finger along the spine, tracing the title. It was a riveting book, full of adventure, mystery and romance. I look at the cover and smile as I remember the scene it depicts. I am glad to have finished it, to know the outcome. And yet I wish it was not over, I wish the adventure could go on. I will never read that book the same way again. I return the book to the shelf and sigh. The ending is bittersweet.

Writing

Writing. Some people say it's simple, some people say it's hard. Some say fun, some say torture. Some say exciting, some say boring. Some say it takes talent, some say anyone can do it. When it's mentioned, some people smile, some frown. Some people are writers, and some people aren't. Which are you? 

He Paved the Path

I was lost. The darkness closed in around me. Where is the light that guided me?  The path on which I stood? The darkness griped me like a cold hand wrapping around my heart. I sat down and cried not knowing what to do. Presently, I looked up and in the distance I saw a glimmer.  I jumped to my feet and began to run toward it.  I stumbled and fell on the rocky path.  O where is the light that guided that me?  The smooth path on which I trod? I kept running toward the light. I stumbled and fell many times, but I kept on toward the light.
     I finally reached it. It was a city of marble and gold. The whole place shone and the people looked happy and were dressed in clean white clothes. I looked down at my own dirty clothes and at the scrapes and bruises covering my body. I take a...

Flash Fiction Competition 2017

Bittersweet Endings

I close the book with a satisfying thump and let out a deep sigh. I run a finger along the spine tracing the title. It was a good book, full of adventure and mystery. I look at the cover, and smile as I remember the scene it depicts. I am glad to have finished it, to know the outcome. And yet I wish it was not over, I wish the adventure could go on. I will never read that book the same way again. I return the book to the shelf and sigh. The ending is bitter sweet.

Marerider's 195 Likes

Ethereal by ~Wonder~

Published about 12 hours ago

Lock Screen by bella.w

Published about 12 hours ago

The Monster Inside of Me by Kit-Kat

Published about 18 hours ago

I Write To Escape by jasonstarlight

Published 4 months ago

Human by jasonstarlight

Published about 21 hours ago

A Soldiers Love by Riley Noel

Published 9 days ago

orelia by Fidgetsally

Published 2 days ago

Burned by Juneisle

Published 3 days ago

Mom's stories by Gabriel Goodwin

Published 8 days ago

It's not blind. by Titi

Published 5 days ago

The Environment by Alexas Gephart

Published 5 days ago

Softly by Sarahlx

Published 8 days ago

Forgetting is Easier by Sarahlx

Published 8 days ago

Hook by Mayzen

Published 2 months ago

Dear all, by Mayzen

Published 11 days ago

Stories of What We Used To Be by Crimson Locks

Published 15 days ago

Death of the Servants by MyShotPotter

Published 21 days ago

My Favorite Month by Rachel22

Published 2 months ago

Olympic Dreams by Rachel22

Published 15 days ago

The sea in a storm by zaid ilyas

Published about 1 month ago

She by zaid ilyas

Published 15 days ago

Don't read it while eating pizza by zaid ilyas

Published 15 days ago

Farm House by theresafrance

Published 3 months ago

Contention by theresafrance

Published 2 months ago

January Essays by theresafrance

Published 16 days ago

When You See Me by camlily

Published 20 days ago

Just Like Glass by Sentenced

Published 19 days ago

About Me (Prompt by LASL) by ARS7

Published 20 days ago

Day 1 - Blue by Gabriel Goodwin

Published about 2 months ago

Trapped In Space by Gabriel Goodwin

Published 29 days ago

Slumbering Volcano by Deleted User

Published 23 days ago

Food Personalities by Kahasai

Published 27 days ago

Warrior by wannabehistorian1491

Published 27 days ago

Unfair by RedWriter

Published 29 days ago

The Land of Fae by mrcolinredwards

Published about 1 month ago

I Believe In God's Miracles by mrcolinredwards

Published 29 days ago

Solace by LuftschlossKönigin

Published about 1 month ago

The Price Of Stardom by I.C. Fynnheart

Published about 1 month ago

Seven Kittens Right Out Of A Hat by mrcolinredwards

Published about 1 month ago

Why me by Bellbell0307

Published about 1 month ago

Burning Fire by Quilling Leaves

Published about 1 month ago

Project-A by NatalieSwift

Published about 1 month ago

Killer by NatalieSwift

Published about 1 month ago

A Rant About Everyday Racism by Anya L.

Published about 1 month ago

A Prayer Which No One But I Can Answer by Nausicaa

Published about 1 month ago

Typical Home for the Fortunate by Nausicaa

Published 2 months ago

Day 22 - The Sentence That Breaks my Heart by Kit-Kat

Published about 1 month ago

Drip Drip Drop by Miyuki_Sama

Published about 1 month ago

The Mask by HexHall456

Published about 1 month ago

Day 20- The man in his motel by LackingASocialLife

Published about 1 month ago

Day 6- Twenty Things by RainAndSonder

Published about 1 month ago

You are not home... Why? by Writer?

Published about 1 month ago

Quote of the Day - January 4, 2018 by *~. Audrey .~*

Published about 1 month ago

An Unseen Shelter by fire_to_freedom

Published about 1 month ago

Needle And Thread by Vanilla

Published 6 months ago

I Am Home by AM Key

Published about 2 months ago

Ode to the Kids Who are Tired of "Opinions" by Mwh01

Published about 2 months ago

I Still Fall by clarino910

Published about 2 months ago

Beasts Are Victims in the Wild by Mwh01

Published about 2 months ago

Coffee is Bitter But Memories Are Too by Mwh01

Published about 2 months ago

Dear Mason by Lee Fudge

Published about 2 months ago

Helvectica Game Show! by Lee Fudge

Published about 2 months ago

Home. by Maheen I

Published about 2 months ago

where my heart is by alyssa cuevas

Published about 2 months ago

to mama by alyssa cuevas

Published about 2 months ago

Pepper Grinders and Rolling Pins by Hungry Hipster

Published about 2 months ago

Princess. by Your Alien Author.

Published about 2 months ago

Leave It In 2017 by Kahasai

Published about 2 months ago

The Ghastly Ghost by Hungry Hipster

Published about 2 months ago

Whirlwind by Hungry Hipster

Published about 2 months ago

Turkey Vengence by Hungry Hipster

Published about 2 months ago

Harsh words by Desiree

Published 4 months ago

Merry Christmas by Desiree

Published about 2 months ago

You Are Mine by ARS7

Published about 2 months ago

Are We Done Yet? by Gabriel Goodwin

Published about 2 months ago

Irony by Calmseaturtle

Published 2 months ago

Sad and Hurting by Calmseaturtle

Published about 2 months ago

My mission by UNC Angel

Published about 2 months ago

Peace by Quilling Leaves

Published about 2 months ago

A Possibility by JCWriter

Published 4 months ago

Day 11- Three sentence plot twist by LackingASocialLife

Published about 2 months ago

Rain by Nafo23

Published 2 months ago

Curtains Closed by Nafo23

Published about 2 months ago

Falcon (Chapter One) by Diagonelly56

Published about 2 months ago

Cat by Paperbird

Published about 2 months ago

Dreams by Lauren Poultney

Published about 2 months ago

Elias, The Elf by Vanshika Gulati

Published about 2 months ago

SON by RedWriter

Published about 2 months ago

15 quotes to live by by Sentenced

Published about 2 months ago

Weary In My Strength by clarino910

Published about 2 months ago

In An Instance by Lauren Nash

Published about 2 months ago

The Pepper Room by LyraLynne

Published about 2 months ago

What Books Have Taught Me by FairNoble

Published about 2 months ago

Mood by nao

Published 2 months ago

Whispers: Chapter One by ste11ar

Published 2 months ago

They Said by Nikkie_Lubbit

Published 2 months ago

Ten Words to You- Muehl by You've Got Mail

Published 2 months ago

Ten Words to You - Miele by michaelmiele

Published 2 months ago

California by whenvesselruled

Published 2 months ago

Untold. by Sophiaxwong

Published 3 months ago

Snowflake by Paperbird

Published 2 months ago

Why I Write - Sydney Parson by SydneySP

Published 4 months ago

Ten Words to You - Sydney Parson by SydneySP

Published 2 months ago

Me by Chris student

Published 2 months ago

Shhh by Amber Edens

Published 2 months ago

​The Perfect Ending by Sophiaxwong

Published 2 months ago

Broken Ice by abbas.selcan@gmail.com

Published 3 months ago

Azerbaijan by abbas.selcan@gmail.com

Published 2 months ago

books by Olivia Pickerill

Published 2 months ago

Hi by Bellbell0307

Published 2 months ago

The saddes Christmas by Amber Edens

Published 2 months ago

Tell Me by tejes121

Published 2 months ago

HELLO DECEMBER by Estrada Sanchez

Published 3 months ago

December by sanchez_brianne

Published 3 months ago

Champion by izagrace04

Published 3 months ago

The gift of trust by Dakota Gifford

Published 3 months ago

My December by Jorge Avalos

Published 3 months ago

My December, of Sand and Sun by PinkPandaz

Published 3 months ago

Why I Write by Emma Jane Medhurst

Published 3 months ago

Ten Words by Emma Jane Medhurst

Published 3 months ago

Christmas Rain by ALangford

Published about 1 year ago

Whispers of the Wind by Quilling Leaves

Published 3 months ago

He Who Saves by GodsGirl4

Published 7 months ago

Ashes by GodsGirl4

Published 7 months ago

The Story Inside Me by GodsGirl4

Published 4 months ago

Whispers in the Wind by HarperGrace

Published 3 months ago

Price to Pay by HarperGrace

Published 3 months ago

Vanished by AJ Shelley

Published 3 months ago

The Pain that Stole my Passion by Izzyk11

Published 3 months ago

Closure by Katie Switzer

Published 3 months ago

Lillian's Rain by Nadia Kotova

Published 3 months ago

Headphones by Ari27

Published 3 months ago

The Owl Of Mystery by Clare B

Published 3 months ago

Dust by Clare B

Published 3 months ago

A TYPE OF RIDDLE FOR YOU TO SOLVE by Clare B

Published 3 months ago

Mara Bennett by casual.ties

Published 3 months ago

Lennox Murders by Hamlet

Published 3 months ago

Alphabetical Advise by Sentenced

Published 3 months ago

His world by Sentenced

Published 3 months ago

Why I Dare Write by Hannah Brown

Published 3 months ago

Saying Goodbye by Joanna

Published 3 months ago

Answer to Riddle! by Zoe Skaggs

Published 5 months ago

Olivia by Pandy99

Published 5 months ago

Riddle! by Zoe Skaggs

Published 5 months ago

Mercy by Hannah Gaudette - JoyfulWriter

Published 6 months ago

The Wish by Parzival

Published 5 months ago

Love Can Be Hard by UNC Angel

Published 5 months ago

One Of Those Days by UNC Angel

Published 5 months ago

Why Things Have To Be Like This by UNC Angel

Published 5 months ago

A Math Problem by Maria Kozakova

Published 5 months ago

Desk by Zoe Skaggs

Published 5 months ago

Forest of the Eyes by nmallaghan

Published 5 months ago

Braving Life by Kit-Kat

Published 5 months ago

Brother by Starchild

Published 5 months ago

Life by Vee_99

Published 5 months ago

Tell Me by theresafrance

Published 5 months ago

Magmatized by Jeremy Houle

Published 5 months ago

Bubble by Madi_P

Published 5 months ago

So we could all stand as one by Rosie

Published 6 months ago

Peeling paint by Rosie

Published 5 months ago

Tick tick tick. by Rosie

Published 5 months ago

Pure Dreams of Small Children by Kit-Kat

Published 5 months ago

Neverland's Sea's by BlueWriter

Published 6 months ago

My life by The_One_Who_Lives

Published 5 months ago

The eternal finish line by wild_daisy

Published 5 months ago

Walking Down the Aisle by theresafrance

Published 5 months ago

FOREST by An@nya

Published 5 months ago

R.I.P ARIEL by mysterious_writer13

Published 5 months ago

Hate by agdavis22

Published 5 months ago

Chaos Comes to Town by Grover_the_forest

Published 5 months ago

Uninteresting life by CostinGhiban

Published 5 months ago

God is There or Somewhere by Lee Fudge

Published 5 months ago

​Progression by RedWriter

Published 5 months ago

She's Shy, I'm Shy by ARS7

Published 5 months ago

Serene by daffodildavid

Published 6 months ago

In the Stars by M. Elyse Lynch

Published 6 months ago

Quick love note by JamieCarter

Published 6 months ago

A Magical Wish by Azima Huggins

Published 6 months ago

CHANGE by Zoe_Panda025

Published 6 months ago

Inner by Zoe_Panda025

Published 6 months ago

Naivety by Fidgetsally

Published 6 months ago

desperate measures by Jordan Che

Published 6 months ago

Never by Jasmine_K

Published 6 months ago

Maggie Magnolia by casual.ties

Published 6 months ago

Jump by Shar

Published 6 months ago

47 Likes from Others

Letting Go

Liked by 3 people

Letting Go

Liked by 1 person

Bittersweet Endings

Liked by 7 people

Writing is a Fire

Liked by 3 people

A Noble Creature

Liked by 1 person

A Noble Creature

Liked by 2 people

All That Matters

Liked by 4 people

Jess's Love

Liked by 4 people

Who are you?

Liked by 2 people

The Present She Needs

Liked by 2 people

All That Matters

Liked by 1 person

Bittersweet Endings

Liked by 4 people

Work, Whips, and Weeping

Liked by 1 person

Daddy

Liked by 2 people

Which Way?

Liked by 1 person

Landis Farm

Liked by 2 people

His Son

Liked by 1 person

I Challange You!

Liked by 2 people

FEELINGS

Liked by 2 people

Jess's Love

Liked by 2 people

The Luna Medalion Part 6

Liked by 1 person

The Luna Medalion Part 5

Liked by 1 person

...But They Are

Liked by 4 people

One

Liked by 2 people

The Present She Needs

Liked by 1 person

Work, Whips, and Weeping

Liked by 1 person

DECEMBER

Liked by 1 person

DECEMBER

Liked by 1 person

DECEMBER

Liked by 2 people

I Wish...

Liked by 2 people

The Luna Medalion Part 3

Liked by 1 person

The Luna Medalion Part 2

Liked by 1 person

The Luna Medalion Part 1

Liked by 1 person

Excerpt from The Luna Medalion

Liked by 1 person

What do you wish?

Liked by 1 person

Which Way?

Liked by 3 people

LOVE

Liked by 3 people

LIFE, Explanation

Liked by 1 person

I Write To...

Liked by 1 person

Excerpt from The Luna Medalion

Liked by 1 person

LIFE

Liked by 4 people

Wishes Worth Wishing

Liked by 4 people

A Story That I Hear

Liked by 4 people

Bittersweet Endings

Liked by 1 person

Writing

Liked by 1 person

He Paved the Path

Liked by 2 people

Good neighbor

We like your photo and your biography.

Earned 6 months ago

Pro reviewer

You've now submitted over five reviews!

Earned about 2 months ago

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned 6 months ago

Follower

You're following over five other writers.

Earned 5 months ago

Supporter

You're following over 10 other writers right now.

Earned 3 months ago

Admirer

You've followed over twenty other writers!

Earned 3 months ago

Patron

You're following over thirty other writers!

Earned 2 months ago

Leader

You're being followed by over five other writers!

Earned 6 months ago

Super star

You've got SO many followers - more than thirty!

Earned about 2 months ago

Power writer

Do you ever sleep? You've written over TEN THOUSAND WORDS.

Earned 3 months ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned 6 months ago

Prolific

You really are prolific - you've published over ten pieces already.

Earned 3 months ago

Favoriter

Love your work - you've read and favorited over ten pieces published by others

Earned 6 months ago

Popular penman

Very nicely done - you've got over ten favorites.

Earned 3 months ago

Reviewer

You've reviewed!

Earned 6 months ago

Competitor

Thanks for entering a competition.

Earned 6 months ago

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Top critic inactive

Submit over fifteen reviews and you'll be a top critic.