ollieollie

Um......hi

Over the past year, I defeated a fear of other people, learned the value of clarity and brevity, fought writer's block, and developed pride in my words.

Now I am a writer with a love for onomatopoeias and an affinity for semicolons.

This community has helped me get over a fear of showing people my writing, and an inability to take ownership and pride in what comes out of my mouth and fingertips.

I can't thank any of you enough for that.

I welcome any feedback or criticism that you have to offer. You're here because you at least found something of mine that sparked interest, so thank you.
I want to improve.

Peer Reviews

Assembly

one thing that i've noticed about your writing is that you don't pull punches. you write what you want to write and you write it how you want to write it. i really respect you for that. great job!

about 1 year

A Reprimand

i just, ahhhh, i love this. i've been trying to work on saying more in fewer words, and this piece is honestly what i'm trying to aim towards with my writing. thank you for writing it!

about 1 year

the oxford comma

I'm sorry this took so long! I read it a few days ago but didn't have time to write the review. Thank you for being patient. I'm usually not a huge fan of poetry, but this was an entertaining read. Your word choice was very clever. I'm looking forward to reading some of your other pieces!

about 1 year

Extremely Random Piece

This is really good. You kept me hooked the entire way through. I think it's really funny that you just thought of this randomly. Good job! :)

about 2 years

Rain Clap

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2017

Good luck!

over 2 years

titles are as overrated as my talent

Grace. Oh, Grace. This. Is. Incredible. Its imperfection is what makes is special, and it was a joy to read. I have no criticism because it is exactly what it needs to be. This brought me back to the roots of what writing is for. Not to look pretty, but as an outlet for these crazy brains of ours. The closest comparison I can make to this would be abstract art. Bravo, my friend.

over 2 years

The People's Rebellion

I really enjoyed this. It was really interesting, and I'm looking forward to reading more of your work.

over 2 years

Twenty-Thousand Missing Corners- 1- 3

Please continue with this! You did a really good job, and I'm already absorbed in the story. I'll definitely be reading any future installments that you put up. (Also thank you for the kind comment. Encouragement help more than you know)

over 2 years

No Need To Try

PROMPT: Writing Small

I think this was really smart. Adding a bit of personality to the hiccups made it almost like an awkward third wheel, which was funny to visualize.

over 2 years