Capture

Elizabeth Bennet

Writing leads me to thinking.
Thinking leads me to understanding.

"Just as my touring guitar bears the scars of having been used to create music, so I pray that my imperfect life will be an instrument in God’s hands for His purposes and to His glory." Christopher Parkening

Capture

Elizabeth Bennet (United States) liked Years... by Abigail27 (United States)

about 1 hour ago

Capture
1

Elizabeth Bennet (United States) published:

Villain Academy Chapter 5

When winter's nasty weather kept the twins inside, Lodyma started some basic schooling with them. By mid January, they were reading and adding small numbers and getting the answers right 5 times out of 6. Lodyma also taught them the difference between English and other languages. Lauryn started making puppets and telling stories which Lodyma caught on her phone, until Don noticed her and talked Lauryn into doing a show about a girl doing a show and being videoed by...

Capture

Elizabeth Bennet (United States) liked Writers Block by Desiree (Canada)

Capture

Elizabeth Bennet (United States) liked Stars for a Night by Quilling Leaves (United States)

Capture

Elizabeth Bennet (United States) liked Sixteen Years Of... Me by Clare B (Canada)

Capture

Elizabeth Bennet (United States) liked The Owl Of Mystery by Clare B (Canada)

Capture

Elizabeth Bennet (United States) liked Dust by Clare B (Canada)

Capture

Elizabeth Bennet (United States) liked That Chair by Clare B (Canada)

Capture

Elizabeth Bennet (United States) liked Nerves and Teases by ARS7 (United States)

Capture

Elizabeth Bennet (United States) liked The Yellow Lamp by ARS7 (United States)

Villain Academy Chapter 5

When winter's nasty weather kept the twins inside, Lodyma started some basic schooling with them. By mid January, they were reading and adding small numbers and getting the answers right 5 times out of 6. Lodyma also taught them the difference between English and other languages. Lauryn started making puppets and telling stories which Lodyma caught on her phone, until Don noticed her and talked Lauryn into doing a show about a girl doing a show and being videoed by her Mom.
Erik still traveled and lectured, but he made sure to be home at least two days of the week. One week when he didn't have any lectures to deliver he stayed home all week. After breakfast he wandered over to watch the twins coloring animal pictures.
"Did you know that in Mongolia there is a duck whose quack sounds like a cow mooing?" he asked.
Don didn't even seem to hear him, but Lauryn glanced around and said, ...

An Ode to Umbrellas

Umbrellas are used for disguises.
Umbrellas are used for canes.
Umbrellas are used for poking people.
And of course, Umbrellas are used when it rains.

Umbrellas are famous things you know
Pooh turned one into a rescue boat.
Hagrid wand is an umbrella for show
And Thor's umbrella comes when he calls.

Umbrellas are protective and kind
They keep the rain off of me
Umbrellas are rather underrated
Until you realize they're a portable tree

Star Wars Counting

1.One galaxy far away long ago and in an ancient day
2. Two droids wandering in Tatooine's desert.
3. Three death stars exploded so far.Hopefully there will be no more.
4.  Yavin 4, the rebel base.from which the x-wings took off in a deadly race.
5. Five AT-ATs stomping over snow in imperial wroth to destroy the rebels at the battle of Hoth.
6. Six Star destroyers in the death squadron, Darth Vader's imperial force that made its enemies run.
7. Seven Modal Nodes playing in a cantina as Luke steps into a new arena.
8. Eight words in the Star Wars cliche "I have a really bad feeling about this." that Han Solo had to say.
9. Movies 7 down 2 to go.
10. Styles of hairdo on Leia in original trilogy.

Chorus:
Blaster shots too many count and always a storm trooper to die.
Repairs to the Falcon in great amount yet it always manages to fly.

Novel Writing Competition

Talon Karrde Beats His Crew at Their Own Game

Arrisa hesitated in the hall for a moment before stepping withing the reach of the motion sensor. She grinned at Talon Karrde who paused next to her.
"None of that now. Come on, play your part." Talon instructed her. "It's all timed out so don't mess it up."
Arrisa swallowed her smile and straightened up looking suddenly determined.
"Go on. I will be watching you, you know."
"Yes, I know. Do you want the names of the systems you'll be using to do it?" Arrisa said without braking expression. Without any more pauses she stepped forward and the doors slid open. She stepped up to Dankin and handed him a datacard.
"Karrde sent this for you."
"Thanks. You're new here?" Dankin asked.
"Yes." Arrisa allowed her head to tilt down as she inspected his console with interest. "How does that work?" She asked.
"That's the controls for...Hold on a moment...Coming out of hyperspace. H'sishi?"
"All set." the Togorian growled in...

On the Last Day of the World

The Last Battle

I would like the end of this world to be like the end of The Last Battle written by C.S. Lewis.
I cannot wish for this world to last forever for it is but a shadowland.
Evil will overcome and destroy this world and the Lord will end it all.
I cannot weep for the evil deeds, but I do weep for those who do them.
This message is for all, God died and rose and lives again that you may know His love.
If you are like the Ape, you will mock and turn away.
If you are like the King, you will trust and hold to Him.
If you are like Poggin, you will be silent but still serve with stoutness.
And if you are like Puzzle, you will fall but He will lift you up again.

Beowulf

Battle
Ecgþēow
Offence
Warriors
Unyielding
Loyalty
Fame

Why I Write

Understanding

Writing leads me to thinking, and thinking to understanding.
I put myself into my words for others to find,
And if you must know why I write, go read what I have written.

Great Thoughts From a Small Mind

The twisting cords of history cannot be unwound.
They form patterns beyond our understanding.
They lay the foundation for what is happening today.
Our daily choices shape tomorrow and the years after.

We are fallen and cannot turn to truth.
We are weak and fail to trust.
Our minds are small and do not understand.
But we are not forsaken.

Even in our blindness our path is mended for us,
Even when we lay defeated our enemies are overcome,
Our great fears are found to be nothing,
And God does not fail nor forget.

The Villain Academy Chapter 4

When the Hedrick family finished touring Europe, they returned to the United States for a few years to raise their children in peace. Erik and Lodyma needed a break from traveling with their four year old twins, so they flew back to New Jersey three weeks before Don and Lauryn turned five. To celebrate, they took the twins to High Point State Park for a night of camping. They tried to do some swimming, but Don was terrified.
"Nien! It's too deep."
"Look, Lauryn can stand up in it."
"C'est trop deeep!" He wailed.
"You haven't even put your foot into it, how do you know it's so deep?"
"It's like the ocean."
"What?"
"The Atlantic. It's got sharks in it and it's deep."
"This isn't the Atlantic. Come on, stick your feet in at the edge."
"No."
Lodyma came wading back, towing Lauryn who was giggling excitedly and splashing her Mom.
"What's wrong Don?" Lodyma asked.
"Es ist zu...

Rabbit Interviews Jar Jar Binks

Rabbit is interviewing Jar Jar:
One bright and sunny morning, Rabbit walked down a path shaking his head at Eeyore's ability to be gloomy and almost ran into Jar Jar Binks.
Rabbit: Hello, may I interview you?
Jar Jar: Interview meesa?
Rabbit: Yes, of course, I just asked you.
Jar Jar: Yeah, yeah, yousa ganna interview missa. Who yousa?
Rabbit: I'm the one asking the questions. You're supposed to answer them.
Jar Jar: Ohhh. missa very bombad at answer questions. What questions ganna yousa ask missa?
Rabbit: I told you, I'm the one asking questions.
Jar Jar: Yousa bombad at ask questions?
Rabbit: No. No! NO! Stop asking questions.
Jar Jar: Mesa so sorry. Mesa a terrible gungan.
Rabbit: All right. All right. Let me get started on my list. Question number one, "What is your name?"
Jar Jar: Missa name is missa Binks.
Rabbit: Missa Binks, very good. Question number two, "Where did you grow up?"
Jar Jar: Missa...

Shining Green Eyes

The black cat crouched in the shadowed grass, his green eyes shining as he stared. He crouched even lower, hiding and tense, yet ready to pounce.

Villain Academy Chapter 3

Erik and Lodyma decided to travel the world with a very specific method. Traveling with four year old twins was not something to be taken lightly. Their plan was that Lodyma and the twins should move at a slower, more relaxed rate, while Erik flew around and delivered his lectures. They toured France for a whole month and then uprooted for Germany. As they knocked destinations off the list Don and Lauryn started to  pick up the local languages. The started with French, and then went to German, and then to Spanish, and then to Russian, and then because they were four, they started to mix them up. Lodyma turned a recorder on one afternoon, and she and Erik spent the evening figuring out the mash up of languages. They took it in stride, figuring that it was normal for young children to pick other languages up so easily, however, they made Don and Lauryn talk in a single language...

The Rodent's Rage

They were finally gone. The rat had watched them close the door and heard the grinding of the key. He crept out of his hole and started racing happily through the house. He dug through some of the trash cans and proudly added a torn envelope to his collection. He pulled a corner from a paper towel on the counter and added it to his collection too. A flapping card on the fridge caught his attention, he stopped and looked at it. RECYCLE it said, with a calendar below it. The rat snarled in fierce anger and leaping up he snatched it off the fridge and flung it on the floor. Still furious he charged back to his hole to sulk and rip up his new treasures. Occasionally he would work himself up and creep back out to look at his nemesis. How dare they send away such useful stuff as cans and cardboard?

The Lack of Something

Golden-brown haired Becky was older than a young girl and younger than a woman. She liked wearing 40s styled dresses mainly dark red ones, but she never wore high-healed shoes. She had a rather busy life what with school and siblings and starting a job at a local coffee and tea shop called Coty's. While she was at the shop she would work on her writing between customers just to get it done each day. A friend of hers stopped through the shop and asked how Becky was doing. It was almost closing hour so Becky pretended to bang her head onto the counter.
"I am so tired. I have no time for ANYTHING!" She groaned, "School, which I'm in my third year of highschool. I've got to track four younger siblings while I'm trying to keep up on my school. Work, which is good for me and I like earning money, but it takes its own kind of energy....

Giving Your Characters Personality

Author: Character I name you Gerald.
Character (now named Gerald): Why Gerald, why not Abner.
Author: Why on earth would I name you Abner?
Character (still named Gerald): Because it starts with the letter A, and since I am your first character it will be easy to remember.
Author: How do you have a warped sense of logic already? I haven't given you anything like that.
Gerald: Because you made me up, so now I'm making my own logical conclusions up to answer your questions because I don't like saying 'I don't know.'
Author: What if I intended you to be an uncertain character?
Gerald: Well, you haven't told me to be one yet, so I'm sort of undefined. And I still want to be called Abner.
Author: If you're so find of coming up with reasons, please tell me why we are arguing like this.
Gerald: I'll tell you if you unchangeablely name me Abner.
Author: All right, but...

Memorizing Linking Verbs

Act like you remember what this should be for.
Appear as if you're ready for lots more.

Be careful and dare not to forget.
Become the top student of the set.

Feel your brain slowly absorb the stuff.
Grow your knowledge though it will be rough.

Go read your English books.
Remain there forever as if stuck.

It SEEMS like this is always linking.
Smell your concentration sinking.

Sound your cleverness every hour.
Taste the wisdom and the power.

Villain Academy Chapter 2

The week after Don and Lauryn turned four, their father got a job offer for touring the world and lecturing on quality educations. They discussed it as a family, meaning Erik and Lodyma discussed it while the twins made faces at each other over their soup bowls. In a couple of minutes, when Lodyma went off to get a calendar, the twins broke out laughing. Erik turned to them.
"What's so funny." He asked, scooping up some soup from his nearly untouched bowl.
Don managed to say, "Lauryn said, 'Mom's not eaten anything.' I say, 'Then we eat it.' and she say."
"Wait!" Erik, "How and when did you say all this?"
Lauryn giggled and ate another bite of soup with a carrot in it.
"We use our faces!" Don said.
Erik raised his eyebrows and the his children laughed harder. Lodyma came back in and looked at them all.
"What's so funny? " she asked.
"That's what I just...

Sports Journalism Competition

What Sports Should Be

"It is a good sign in a nation when things are done badly. It shows that all the people are doing them. And it is bad sign in a nation when such things are done very well, for it shows that only a few experts and eccentrics are doing them, and that the nation is merely looking on." G. K. Chesterton.
The history of sports is tied to the history of every level of humanity. They have served many purposes in the varying times and places of the world, they both train and entertain. From poor children's foot races in the alleyways to hunting lions in Africa to American baseball to English jousting, sports have crossed the bounds of time and space all across the world. In other countries and in harder times they raced, hunted, and fought for the purpose of surviving. Sports today are more for entertainment. Today, we do them because we enjoy them and not because...

Spinning Speach

Sorrowful sci-fi servants sing Shakespearean songs sadly.
Strong scintillating servants sound squelchy saxophones.
Silly sqeeking servants slap smirking soldiers.

Sports Journalism Competition

What Sports Should Be

The history of sports is tied to the history of every level of humanity. They have served many purposes in the varying times and places of the world, they both train and entertain. From poor children's foot races in the alleyways to hunting lions in Africa to American baseball to English jousting sports have crossed the bounds of time and space all across the world. The Olympics started thousands of years ago in Greece. Odyseuss, Akhilleus, and the other mighty Greeks and Trojans celebrated with sports and games.
Now, we go to the Olympics and scream for our favorites,...

The Startled Gardener

Milly tilted her jug of water, gradually spilling it out onto the pots of flowers. The water sat for a minute on the surface of the dirt and then sank down to the roots. Extra water dripped from the bottom of the pot to the ground under the bench. Milly tilted her jug a little to quickly over the marigolds and water splashed all over the plant, the pot, and the bench. She put it down for a moment and cleared away the dirt that had splashed on the leaves of the marigold and the geranium next to it. The last water in the jug nicely filled the Geranium pot and Milly refilled her old plastic grape juice jug with the hose. As she let the water drip onto the coleus someone slipped from behind the lilac and crept up behind her. She looked up at the next plant and prepared to water it. The figure behind her reached out...

The Villain Academy Chapter 1

In this world, there are three loose categories for human intellects. The most common are the average intellects, these are found everywhere you go. Second are the geniuses, who are a little rarer because they are usually hidden away studying things. The third type are the rarest of all, they are a scattered group of people who have minds like the Empire State Building when compared to the skyscrapers and normal house sized minds of the rest of the world. They are the phenomenons. 
Don and Lauryn Hedrick were born at midnight February 29th, in the year 2000 A.D. to an average intellect mother and a genius father who loved them very much.

For the first several years they behaved like normal children, taking their first steps, learning their first words, making a mess when eating, and bothering their parents with what's and why's. Erik and Lodyma loved their children. Lodyma quit her job of Marketing Manager when the twins...

Sports Journalism Competition

What Sports Should Be

The history of sports is tied into the history of humanity. They have served many purposes in the varying, they train and they entertain. From foot races to hunting to baseball to jousting sports have crossed the bounds of time and space all across the world. The Olympics started thousands of years ago in Greece. Odyseuss, Akhilleus, and the other mighty Greeks and Trojans celebrated with sports and games.
Now, we go to the Olympics and scream for our favorites, all the while thinking that we could never be that good. No, we can't be that person, but we...

The Villain Academy

The future terrors of the world, the dreaded Black Viper and his twin Sparkling Nightshade started life as normal healthy infants. Perhaps it would be better to tell the story of Don and Lauryn Hedrick who were born midnight of February 29th in the year 2000 A.D. These two special children traveled the world at least once a year with their wealthy parents and learned every single spoken and written language by the age of 10. By the time they finished high school, they had more information memorized than the internet would have for the next 50 years. These two superminds finally set themselves loose upon the world and dug up every other brilliant human on the four continents and the still unmarked, unnamed islands. Don and Lauryn gathered these children to a grand manor in the wilds of a yet unknown place and taught them to use their minds and soon they had a thriving community of geniuses who spread...

Sports Journalism Competition

What Sports Should Be

The history of sports is tied into the history of humanity. They serve many purposes, they train and they entertain. From foot races to hunting to baseball to jousting sports have crossed the bounds of time and space all across the world. The Olympics started thousands of years ago in Greece. Odyseuss, Akhilleus, and the other mighty Greeks and Trojans celebrated with sports and games.
Now, we go to the Olympics and scream for our favorites, all the while thinking that we could never be that good. No, e can't be that person, but we can be ourselves and...

Recrudescence

I crept carefully among the bushes until I found a thinner patch. Slipping my leg over a bent wire fence and ducking under a Hawthorn tree to avoid the lengthy pokers I made it across. I could hardly move, if I was caught now it would be the end. I lurked on the edge of shelter for a moment trying to count the yards to my next goal. I took one last look around and almost holding my breath I crept out into the field of ragged grass. Still nothing, no one shouting, no one standing over me, no one dragging me off for an inquisition. I couldn't move slower because then I'd never get there and I couldn't move faster because I was too terrified. I crept up to a dead tree laying in the field and I flattened myself beside it for a moment trying to breath normally.
"Here goes." I murmured to myself and in what felt...

House Mice

My house has happy mice meandering magnificent hallways. My house mice munch hamburgers meditatively. Mother hates my house mice. Her monologue, "Mice must move!." Mice moved.

Reactions

Sir Isaac Newton's 3rd law of motion: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Almost everything is affected by this law. Some of the larger functions of this world do nothing but react: governments react, newspapers react to what is happening, a conversation is a series of verbal reactions. Reactions are interesting because they happen in all the layers of the physical, emotional, and spiritual parts of humans and the world. Children react to their parents, and then their children react to them. Fashions change regularly, women's dresses got shorter during the World Wars because they needed the materials for parachutes and the soldiers. Clothes aren't always decided by history writing events like that, but they still change regularly.

Actions are serious, and they are what change the world. Everyone has a choice in their actions and reactions. No one can foresee all the possible reactions of an event or motion. Small stones start avalanches...

Why the Elephant is Afraid of the Mouse

Long ago, the Elephant had very small ears and a very short nose. The Mouse had no ears and no nose at all. The Mouse went about his daily business, not really worrying about his lack of ears and nose till one day, when the Elephant was taking a late afternoon nap, he saw what he thought was a large rock that had a pair of ears and a nose. The Mouse suddenly realized that he wanted to have that pair of ears and that nose because then he would be more like the Lord and Lady Tigers. So the Mouse tried the ears on and wiggled them some, then he tried the nose on and wrinkled it, then he skipped and hopped and scrambled off to find water to see what he looked like.
The Elephant woke up an hour or so later and decided to go visit the Zebra. On his way, he passed a troop of monkeys....

Loose Change

Once there was a poor man who wanted to get rich without doing very much work. He worked his garden just hard enough to keep himself fed, and he wandered around the town thinking of ways to get rich. One day, he was sitting on a stump beside the main road, just outside the village. He stared distractedly around, wondering if he could get rich by marrying a Princess, but then he realized that there were no Princesses to marry.
A strange man carrying an odd wooden chest walked down the road and stopped beside him. The poor man looked up and they exchanged greetings. The stranger set his box down and sighed softly.
"I've been carrying that a long ways. Do you know anyone around here who would like a box full of gold?"
The poor man almost fell over in shock.
"There's gold in that chest?" He asked, suddenly staring at it as if it would vanish when...

Loose Change

"I've been carrying that a long ways. Do you know anyone around here who would like a box full of gold."
The poor man almost fell over in shock.
"That chest is full of gold?" He asked, suddenly staring at it as if it would vanish...

Open Prompt

Questions, Music, Stories and Choices

Questions, music, and stories are things that are a part of the divine in humans. Choices are ultimately the most human thing though, they define everything else. They even define if read this and if you agree with me.

I've been baking recently and I suddenly wondered why butter can sit on the counter without spoiling? Milk and cheese and yogurt spoil, so why doesn't butter? I'm sure there is a reason, and I'm sure someone knows. All I have to do is ask, but the ability of asking is a commonplace rarity. We ask questions all the time, but no other animal or bird or bug ever asks a question.
"Once you were a child. Once you knew what inquiry was for. There was a time when you asked questions because you wanted answers and were glad when you had found them. become that child again: even now." C. S. Lewis.

Music has power and beauty. Music is alive...

Flash Fiction Competition

Two Geese Swam By

Two geese swam by some kids who were skipping rocks. One of the boys interrupted the conversation about how many orks were killed by each skip of a stone, saying,
"Hey Jen, you should write another story."
"Sure, what about?" Jen responded.
"Start it like this. 'Two geese swam by some kids who were skipping rocks. One of the boys interrupted the conversation about how many orks were killed by each skip of a stone, saying,
" Sure, what about?"  Jen responded." ' "
Jen stopped him, "You're going in circles."
"Yep."

The Eclipse In It's Glory.

We woke to the perfect day, our sky was cloudless and the smoke haze was blown away. In the waiting time, we joked that it could all be a hoax and the eclipse was just fiction. The moon started eating the sun away near 9 o'clock.  We couldn't tell at first except with the glasses, but as the moon crept further into the gap between earth and sun the shadows changed and took on a half-eaten appearance. Nothing lost it's shadow or vibrance but everything looked like it had a think almost invisible haze or veil over it. It was easier to tell the difference further out because you could tell that familiar landmarks no longer glared in the bright sun. The moon crept further and further across, reducing the sun to a mere sliver. The temperature dropped, the birds hid in the silence, the haze deepened, but the sun still light the land.

We watched steadily with our special...

The Eclipse (Prelude)

Saturday before the eclipse. A solar eclipse is going to travel across the entire US and mess up traffic along the band of its totality for a couple of days. Weirdly, I live in that band. I've never seen a solar eclipse and I don't know what to expect.
Lots and lots and lots of people have traveled from far and near and lots continue to come. There is a lot of drama about rental cars being overbooked, and grocery stores being super busy, and gas stations running out.
The city parks are opening for camping and lots of businesses are taking a holiday. The cities have been putting out regular warnings of Be Prepared for the past 3 months. We have all our food for the weekend and we're not planning on going anywhere except to Church tomorrow. I've been hearing all sorts of stories of people flying in on Monday, just to watch the eclipse.
I decided to...

Flash Fiction Competition

Two Geese Swam By

"Sure, what about?" Jen responded.
" Sure, what about?"  Jen responded.'
'Start...' "
"Yep."

The Hacker's Very Bad Day

A man sat in a room thoughtfully staring at his computer, now there is nothing suspicious about that, but this man was muttering to himself, and his muttering didn't sound like the usual I forgot where I put my coffee muttering.
"Let me see, now I need a last name. What does google have on common last names?  Wow, Smiths and Johnsons are taking over America. Lets see what other countries have... The French surname Martin should work. Yes. Let's use that."
He typed "Martin" into the box and proceeded to the next one. The next few answers he filled out without hesitation, but he still found things to support his running commentary.
"I hope there's something useful here, I've not found a good site in six months. The last treasure I found caught me too soon."
He put the country status at Canada and moved on to the next thing.
"Ha! That should do it! Yes, all filled in....

Our Flag

The flying eagle with golden hue,
Flourishes proud above the country's flag.
Held up on a staff that all may see,
Our country's token of liberty.

The windblown colors of patriot meaning,
Hold strong to their post in wind and gale.
Our country's flag where all may see,
That we have not lost all unity.

Flash Fiction Competition

Two Geese Swam By

"Sure, what about?" Jen responded.
"Start it like this. 'Two geese swam by some kids who were skipping rocks. One of the boys .interrupted the conversation about how many orks were killed by each skip of a stone, saying
"Hey Jen, you should write another story"
" Sure, what about?"  Jen responded.' "
"Yep."

Writing Small

An Atoms Movie

What is an atoms equivalent to one of our Superhero movies?

The Age of Electron.

Into the Woods

Trees and Seasons

Trees in Summer, Spring, and Fall
Spread their leaves over us all.
Trees in Winter, Fall, and Spring
Are ever new and ever changing.

They look like ghosts in a think white fog.
They feel like warmth from a burning log.
They seem like shelter from the wind and rain.
They are like friends when we see them again.

Trees in Summer, Fall, and Winter
Bear their fruit and then they wither.
Trees in Winter, Spring, and Summer
Go from empty to full beyond number.

Their branches are highlighted in the frost.
Their flowers are blooms are beautiful and soft.
Their fruits are plentiful in the harvest times.
Their leaves are dying colored by enzymes.

Trees in Fall, Spring, and Winter
On rainy moonlit evenings glitter.
Trees in Summer, Winter, and Fall
Remind us they're there by standing tall.

The Shot Heard Round the World

With the sugar act England raised its hand to tax the land.
Then came the Stamp Act and the Quartering Act which had significant impact.
Virginia resolved based on British Law that being taxed by a Parliament where they had no representation was a flaw.
At the Stamp Act Congress the colonists unified and with British Law the British defied.
After that came the declaratory act, which repealed the stamp act, but England still claimed the right to tax as being a fact.
The Townshend Revenue Act sought to pay for administration but the Colonists still wanted representation.
Redcoats came to enforce the law, lord over the colonists, and rub the tension raw.
Hostilities rose and the Boston massacre brought five mens' lives to a close.
England gave ground and its resolve cracked as the King repealed the Townshend Revenue act.
The Gaspee sailed by Lt. William Dudingston, hindered and harassed the colonists till the they were overdone.
The Lt....

Flash Fiction Competition

Two Geese Swam By

Two geese swam by some kids who were skipping rocks. The geese swam around till a rock skipped too close and they flew away. One of the boys interrupted the conversation about how many orks were killed by each skip of a stone, saying, "Hey Jen, you should write another story starting, 'Two geese swam by some kids who were skipping rocks. The geese swam around till a rock skipped too close and they flew away. One of the boys interrupted the conversation about how many orks were killed by each skip of a stone, saying...' "

Truths and Untruths

10 Quotes About Government

Ten G. K. Chesterton quotes on government. G. K. Chesterton, was an English writer, poet, philosopher, dramatist, journalist, orator,lay theologian, biographer, and literary and art critic.

1. "Once abolish the God, and the government becomes the God."
  2. "When you break the big laws, you do not get freedom; you do not even get anarchy. You get the small laws."
  3. "Men are ruled, at this minute by the clock, by liars who refuse them news, and by fools who cannot govern."
  4. "It is a good sign in a nation when things are done badly. It shows that all the people are doing them. And it is bad sign in a nation when such things are done very well, for it shows that only a few experts and eccentrics are doing them, and that the nation is merely looking on."
  5. "If you attempt an actual argument with a modern paper of opposite politics, you will have no answer except slanging or silence."
  6. ...

Your World in Three Senses

If You Have Eyes, Let Them See. (Rewritten).

Under a new-fallen branch is a small hollow in the leaves and brush. The branches and reddish leaves hide me from the bright sun. Outside the grass is brown and the sun reflects off of creating a blinding glare, but under the shelter is dark and clear.
The odd sticks poke everywhere and the leaves sweep around with them. The dormant grass hides blackberry cuttings and sticky green vines. Sparrows, robins and an occasional scrub jay around the yard sing as if tuning up for a concert. No wind or sun is felt in this living tunnel.
It is a place of relaxation to marvel at the beauty God made.

Your World in Three Senses

Under a new-fallen branch is a small hollow in the leaves and brush. branches and leaves around hide me from the bright sun. Outside the grass is brown and the sun reflects off of it and blinds my eyes, but under the shelter it is cool and I can see the multi-shaded leaves and blackberry thorns reaching out to hook on my shirt.
The odd sticks poke into me from above and the leaves sweep over my face, but they can be broken off and shoved away. The dead grass and odd blackberry cutting under my bare feet are more annoying and harder to navigate, but once a place is clear I sit down and forget them.
Sparrows, robins and an occasional scrub jay around the yard sing as if tuning up for a concert. They are hidden from me, but I know their voices.

God not only made the world beautiful, he made us able to enjoy it.

Why are the Storm Troopers Always Casualties?

Star Wars is a highly popular set of movies. In the past 40 years since it has come out various jokes and flaws have been made and found. These are some explanations for why Storm Troopers always get shot.

• 1.
The first theory is that Storm Troopers are unusually careless and rebels practice more. But that is too practical of an answer.
  • 2.
All the Storm Troopers were just rebels in disguise. They simply fell over themselves to help the rebel cause.
  • 3.There is something in the armor.
The third and my final theory is that the armor contains something that attracts the shots to it like a magnet. If this is so, it should be no wonder that the rebels can't help hitting them. This leads to a second question, how did it get there? A few simple options are
  • Unintentionally.
  • Intentionally because Darth Vador or the Emperor wanted the rebels to feel good about their shooting.
  • The rebels...

Star Wars is a highly popular set of movies. In the past 40 years since it has come out various jokes and flaws have been made and found. The one I am writing about today is the fact that storm troopers always seem to get hit by by blaster shots and rebels don't.

• 1.
  • 2.
All the Storm Troopers were just rebels in disguise. They simple fell over themselves to help the rebel cause.
  • 3.There is something in the armor.
  • Unintentionally.
  • Intentionally because Darth Vador...

A story

A story is a tapestry woven by an author. The threads of peace and chaos, strange and familiar, despair and hope, love and hatred, foolishness and wisdom, and consistency and change are twined together and given meaning as they reflect our thoughts.

Elizabeth Bennet's 465 Likes

Years... by Abigail27

Published 24 days ago

Writers Block by Desiree

Published 5 days ago

Stars for a Night by Quilling Leaves

Published 5 days ago

Sixteen Years Of... Me by Clare B

Published 26 days ago

The Owl Of Mystery by Clare B

Published 14 days ago

Dust by Clare B

Published 11 days ago

That Chair by Clare B

Published 11 days ago

Nerves and Teases by ARS7

Published 15 days ago

The Yellow Lamp by ARS7

Published 11 days ago

The Durariun Taxi Cab- 1 by MG Cowan

Published 9 days ago

A Reminder by Quilling Leaves

Published 9 days ago

When the Grass was Green by Puddleduck

Published 8 days ago

To My Sister by Number Two

Published 21 days ago

100 Reasons to Live by DipsyDoodle

Published about 1 month ago

Unsaid goodbye by Rosie

Published 27 days ago

Stale Bread by RedWriter

Published about 1 month ago

Hero Of Time by foxmillionaire!

Published 27 days ago

Revision by RedWriter

Published 27 days ago

The Girl by StarryStarryKnight

Published 27 days ago

Why Do I Write? by Clare B

Published 30 days ago

An Apple is . . . by ARS7

Published 28 days ago

Autumn by ARS7

Published 28 days ago

High School by Catalina

Published 28 days ago

Mirror Image by MG Cowan

Published 28 days ago

New Year, New Me by MelanieA

Published 28 days ago

Raisin Man (Idk Okay) by Skyward Bound

Published 30 days ago

The Century-Old Secret by ARS7

Published 30 days ago

Creation by TheWildTimTam

Published 30 days ago

Twenty-Thousand Missing Corners- 2- 10 by MG Cowan

Published about 1 month ago

Light and Shadow by sarah leying

Published 29 days ago

Move On by ARS7

Published about 1 month ago

Rest Fallen Warrior by Quilling Leaves

Published about 1 month ago

The Words Inside by Nadia Kotova

Published about 1 month ago

What's Your Name? by ARS7

Published about 1 month ago

The Nighttime Oreo Theif by Quilling Leaves

Published about 1 month ago

My God by Quilling Leaves

Published about 1 month ago

The Rules of Taking a Walk in Somnio Woods by MG Cowan

Published about 1 month ago

Stardust by ARS7

Published about 1 month ago

Twenty-Thousand Missing Corners- 2- 9 by MG Cowan

Published about 1 month ago

Life Between Two Mirrors by UNC Angel

Published about 1 month ago

Jealously and Envy by UNC Angel

Published about 1 month ago

I Write to Feel by ARS7

Published about 1 month ago

Twenty-Thousand Missing Corners- 2- 8 by MG Cowan

Published about 1 month ago

The All-Knowing Narrator by MoonFromAlola

Published about 1 month ago

Not my first language:English by Megan Jung

Published about 1 month ago

Is There Somebody There? by GodsGirl4

Published about 1 month ago

Leaves by wantstobeawriter2

Published about 1 month ago

This is the Miracle by Hannah Gaudette - JoyfulWriter

Published about 1 month ago

We Will Meet Again by ARS7

Published about 1 month ago

The Lion and The Lamb by Quilling Leaves

Published about 1 month ago

Twenty-Thousand Missing Corners- 2- 7 by MG Cowan

Published about 1 month ago

Morning Star by Nonsensical

Published about 1 month ago

They Cried For Me by ARS7

Published about 1 month ago

Twenty-Thousand Missing Corners- 2- 6 by MG Cowan

Published about 1 month ago

Twenty-Thousand Missing Corners- 2- 4 by MG Cowan

Published about 1 month ago

Twenty-Thousand Missing Corners- 2- 5 by MG Cowan

Published about 1 month ago

Twenty-Thousand Missing Corners- 2- 3 by MG Cowan

Published about 1 month ago

Dawn by Valleman

Published about 1 month ago

Galaxy by Quilling Leaves

Published about 1 month ago

A Moth and a Flame by Quilling Leaves

Published about 1 month ago

The Airplane Ride by aLittleBirdy

Published about 1 month ago

Me, on the page by JCWriter

Published about 1 month ago

A New Friend by Aaliyah

Published about 1 month ago

Things I wish were True by Lone Warrior WWII

Published about 1 month ago

Day's Beginning, Middle, End by StarryStarryKnight

Published about 1 month ago

Perfect Moment by ARS7

Published about 1 month ago

Three A.M. by Nadia Kotova

Published about 1 month ago

When the Sky was Blue by Nadia Kotova

Published about 1 month ago

16 Years by Xavier

Published about 1 month ago

When the Rain Came by Puddleduck

Published about 1 month ago

Long Before Dawn by StarryStarryKnight

Published about 1 month ago

Flash Autobiography by wantstobeawriter2

Published about 1 month ago

This Is Katie by ARS7

Published about 1 month ago

1-3 Sentence Stories by MG Cowan

Published about 1 month ago

The Emperor's Humiliation by Puddleduck

Published about 1 month ago

Small Whispers Change Worlds by Unapologetic Regret

Published about 1 month ago

Absolute Joy by ARS7

Published about 1 month ago

This? by Deleted User

Published 5 months ago

Mama's Hugs by yapyapxy

Published about 2 months ago

Leaving by Puddleduck

Published about 2 months ago

An Accidental Poem by Number Two

Published about 2 months ago

Fairywood by ARS7

Published about 2 months ago

Any Suggestions On What to Call This? by MG Cowan

Published about 2 months ago

Interview by RedWriter

Published about 2 months ago

I'm Not A Shadow by ARS7

Published about 2 months ago

Happy Birthday, Grandma by ARS7

Published about 2 months ago

Fall by ARS7

Published about 2 months ago

Prayers by RedWriter

Published about 2 months ago

Twenty-Thousand Missing Corners- 1- 46 by MG Cowan

Published about 2 months ago

Twenty-Thousand Missing Corners- 1- 45 by MG Cowan

Published about 2 months ago

Twenty-Thousand Missing Corners- 1- 44 by MG Cowan

Published about 2 months ago

Family Is Precious by ARS7

Published about 2 months ago

The Proposal by ARS7

Published about 2 months ago

An Easy Decision by StarryStarryKnight

Published about 2 months ago

Animal Farm Analysis by Cailin Templeman

Published about 2 months ago

Twenty-Thousand Missing Corners- 43 by MG Cowan

Published about 2 months ago

Twenty-Thousand Missing Corners- 42 by MG Cowan

Published about 2 months ago

Feel by ARS7

Published about 2 months ago

Goodnight by ARS7

Published about 2 months ago

Twenty-Thousand Missing Corners- 1- 41 by MG Cowan

Published about 2 months ago

Don't Give Up by ARS7

Published about 2 months ago

Dreams by ARS7

Published about 2 months ago

Convening with Humans - Through My Eyes by ARS7

Published about 2 months ago

Missing by ARS7

Published about 2 months ago

First Day by JCWriter

Published about 2 months ago

Twenty-Thousand Missing Corners- 1- 40 by MG Cowan

Published about 2 months ago

Globalization and Generalization by emmapatterson13

Published about 2 months ago

Who Else? by RedWriter

Published about 2 months ago

Perspective by ARS7

Published about 2 months ago

Never Return by ARS7

Published about 2 months ago

To All My Followers: by Mystery Girl

Published about 2 months ago

Away from Home by Puddleduck

Published about 2 months ago

Apple of the heart by Fidgetsally

Published about 2 months ago

The Place With No Purpose by StarryStarryKnight

Published about 2 months ago

The Airport by TheWildTimTam

Published 2 months ago

An Apology by ARS7

Published 2 months ago

Braving Life (Chapter Three) by Kaitlyn

Published 2 months ago

Cavern by StarryStarryKnight

Published 2 months ago

Friendship by ARS7

Published 2 months ago

A Long Forgotten Thanks by BlueWriter

Published 2 months ago

Friendship by DaHay1

Published 9 months ago

Words Dancing by foxmillionaire!

Published 2 months ago

Happy Little Humdrum Girl by Shy_Swimmer

Published 2 months ago

Summer to Fall by ARS7

Published 2 months ago

Words by Desiree

Published 3 months ago

But We Didn't by Nadia Kotova

Published 2 months ago

Not my Kind of Mystery by Nadia Kotova

Published 2 months ago

Silly Sally (Tongue Twister) by ARS7

Published 2 months ago

Braving Life by Kaitlyn

Published 2 months ago

Snow by Catalina

Published 5 months ago

Seventeen Plus One by Andy

Published 2 months ago

Sunday Through Saturday by Nadia Kotova

Published 2 months ago

Growing Up by foxmillionaire!

Published 2 months ago

Wishes Worth Wishing by Marerider

Published 2 months ago

September 11, 2001 by Catalina

Published 2 months ago

Timeline of my Life by Puddleduck

Published 2 months ago

Dear Teenagers by UNC Angel

Published 2 months ago

Life Long by ARS7

Published 2 months ago

Twenty-Thousand Missing Corners- 28 by MG Cowan

Published 2 months ago

Ryker and Clarisse: Memories by BlueWriter

Published 2 months ago

Uninteresting life by CostinGhiban

Published 2 months ago

Russia Musings by ARS7

Published 2 months ago

Childhood Nightmare by ARS7

Published 2 months ago

Idea by Batman15

Published 4 months ago

Yellow dot, blue dot, grey dots by Batman15

Published 2 months ago

Think Before You Speak by UNC Angel

Published 3 months ago

Sniff, Sniff, Hippity-Hop by ARS7

Published 3 months ago

Passion for Christ by TwentyOneTimelords

Published 3 months ago

Intruder In The Computer by caswin1

Published 6 months ago

Life by RedBird

Published 3 months ago

lorikeet creek by Zoe_Panda025

Published 3 months ago

Dear Grandma by ARS7

Published 3 months ago

The Lie by UNC Angel

Published 3 months ago

Music of the Wind by Kaitlyn

Published 3 months ago

Lost by Puddleduck

Published 3 months ago

​The Circle Of Freedom by TheWildTimTam

Published 3 months ago

Life Changes by ARS7

Published 3 months ago

Refraction by Chloe0601

Published 3 months ago

Cradled by the wind by Rosie

Published 3 months ago

Dot-Dot-Dash by Mystery Girl

Published 9 months ago

Clone Organ Harvesting by Mystery Girl

Published 8 months ago

Mint Leaves and Misty Grass by Mystery Girl

Published 8 months ago

Baker Street by Mystery Girl

Published 8 months ago

Harry and Veronica (Squirrels) by Mystery Girl

Published 8 months ago

The Farmer's Plight by Mystery Girl

Published 8 months ago

That Book by Mystery Girl

Published 7 months ago

Current-Red Curtains by Mystery Girl

Published 3 months ago

Moon by Mystery Girl

Published 3 months ago

All the World's A Stage by Mystery Girl

Published 3 months ago

Opinionated Opinions by TheWildTimTam

Published 9 months ago

​The Planet We Share by Fidgetsally

Published 3 months ago

Extrinsic by J. R. R. Tolkien

Published 3 months ago

Dear America by Hannah Gaudette - JoyfulWriter

Published 3 months ago

Tree by Mitsuri

Published 3 months ago

Music by TheWildTimTam

Published about 1 year ago

Make America Great Again? by TheWildTimTam

Published about 1 year ago

Which Witch is Which? by TheWildTimTam

Published 12 months ago

The Perfect Tea Pot by TheWildTimTam

Published 10 months ago

Mornings by TheWildTimTam

Published 6 months ago

Dream by TheWildTimTam

Published 5 months ago

Colours of Dawn by TheWildTimTam

Published 3 months ago

I Saw A Magazine The Other Day by TheWildTimTam

Published 3 months ago

A Story That I Hear by Marerider

Published 3 months ago

The last vampire by CostinGhiban

Published 3 months ago

May 28, 2003 by StarryStarryKnight

Published 3 months ago

True Friends by ARS7

Published 3 months ago

Ellie's Wishes by MaloneTime

Published 5 months ago

I Am Not Important by MaloneTime

Published 7 months ago

I Noticed by Corbinium

Published 4 months ago

I Am Tired by reneepanaenae

Published 7 months ago

10 Reasons to visit South Africa by Zakariya

Published 3 months ago

Small Town by kenzibelle

Published 3 months ago

A Girl in a Heinous World by Cailin Templeman

Published 3 months ago

A Memory of Horror by Cailin Templeman

Published 3 months ago

Freedom is not Free by Cailin Templeman

Published 3 months ago

Finding Myself part 2 by CCReed

Published 8 months ago

Libros y Rosas by Olivia C

Published 3 months ago

It is good to be back by Malika

Published 3 months ago

The Man With Cardboard Socks by Zoe Skaggs

Published 3 months ago

Bookworm by Malika

Published 3 months ago

Late Summer Evening by Malika

Published 3 months ago

And The LORD Parted the Clouds by Kaitlyn

Published 3 months ago

Dear Future by ARS7

Published 3 months ago

Cosmos by JCWriter

Published 3 months ago

Headache by Kaitlyn

Published 3 months ago

I want a life worth living by Rosie

Published 3 months ago

Blossom Tree by mysterious_writer13

Published 3 months ago

Red String by Olivia C

Published 3 months ago

Emergence by MG Cowan

Published 3 months ago

Snow Day! by MG Cowan

Published 5 months ago

America by MG Cowan

Published 5 months ago

Writer's Block by MG Cowan

Published 5 months ago

Schizophrenia by Malika

Published 3 months ago

Globalization vs. Protectionism by Malika

Published 3 months ago

Snowy Weather by BlueWriter

Published 3 months ago

Taking Her Hand by Stewart Worthington

Published 3 months ago

A Something Special by Stewart Worthington

Published 3 months ago

Tomboy by ollieollie

Published 3 months ago

How I Broke My Finger by _lexi_

Published 3 months ago

A perfectly clichè Romance by Sushinoid

Published 3 months ago

The Warning by ARS7

Published 3 months ago

Nonexistent (3) by Glytch Montoya

Published 3 months ago

Wish Flowers by Mystery Girl

Published 4 months ago

Rainstorm by StarryStarryKnight

Published 3 months ago

The Little Pink Bunny by GodsGirl4

Published 5 months ago

Bit of Advice by GodsGirl4

Published 6 months ago

A Step Forward by ARS7

Published 3 months ago

Morning Had Come by ARS7

Published 3 months ago

The Day In Which There Were Two Days by ARS7

Published 3 months ago

Doors by sarah leying

Published 5 months ago

The Window by sarah leying

Published 3 months ago

Standstill by sarah leying

Published 3 months ago

​Living forest by Rosie

Published 3 months ago

Where the Road Ends by Kristoff Misquitta

Published 3 months ago

Writers Club #1 by DragonQueen228

Published 3 months ago

Dripping Tap by Hello_my_name_is_Pineapple

Published 3 months ago

The Ghost by ARS7

Published 3 months ago

Kutoa by RedWriter

Published 3 months ago

Family by RedWriter

Published 6 months ago

Trip Into Fog by RedWriter

Published 6 months ago

Trust by RedWriter

Published 6 months ago

Storm by Zoe Skaggs

Published 3 months ago

Do You Want Fake Or Real? by banjo

Published 3 months ago

Doubt God Never by Kaitlyn

Published 3 months ago

Star Dusted by mara_786

Published 3 months ago

Symphony by Ellen W

Published 3 months ago

Golden rains by EnjeckCleo

Published 3 months ago

A Traveler by hmcan427

Published 3 months ago

You are enlightened by CostinGhiban

Published 3 months ago

The Survivor by Riley Noel

Published 3 months ago

The Cookie Jar by MysticStarDust

Published 3 months ago

Read me by SevenSaeRin

Published 3 months ago

My Castle by Riley Noel

Published 3 months ago

If I Were by UNC Angel

Published 3 months ago

You Have A Choice by RedWriter

Published 3 months ago

The PencilBot 4000 by caswin1

Published 3 months ago

She Starts To Dance by RedWriter

Published 3 months ago

Renaissance by Hopen

Published 3 months ago

Night Creepers by ARS7

Published 3 months ago

The Word Called Feeling by UNC Angel

Published 3 months ago

The Tire Swing by ARS7

Published 4 months ago

Service Dragon by DraconianWriting

Published 3 months ago

Room of the Forgotten by ARS7

Published 3 months ago

A Blank Canvas by Writer?

Published 3 months ago

Fascination by KaylaM78

Published 3 months ago

The Dreamcatcher by Andrew F

Published 3 months ago

Child of Day by Froukje Berkouwer

Published 3 months ago

The dystopian pixel society by CostinGhiban

Published 3 months ago

Five Minutes Away by Angelina Nguyen

Published 3 months ago

There is beauty amongst the pain by UNC Angel

Published 3 months ago

A Silent Intruder by ARS7

Published 3 months ago

I Remember To Turn On The Light by UNC Angel

Published 3 months ago

Christain by UNC Angel

Published 3 months ago

The Flag by Riley Noel

Published 7 months ago

We Are One by Riley Noel

Published 7 months ago

Pig by Riley Noel

Published 7 months ago

10 Cool Things About Me by Riley Noel

Published 6 months ago

Lucky by SoulStealer1987

Published 3 months ago

Country Fair by Riley Noel

Published 3 months ago

An Author's Intent by Tessa Celeste

Published 3 months ago

Iconoclast by Aaliyah

Published 3 months ago

Published 3 months ago

Broken Hearts by UNC Angel

Published 3 months ago

Hard Rain by Ford

Published 9 months ago

On the Other Side of the Fence by Puddleduck

Published 3 months ago

Gray Wishing by Grace Renae

Published 3 months ago

A Home by darlingdrizzle

Published 3 months ago

He Paved the Path by Marerider

Published 3 months ago

Why, How, and Wonder by RedWriter

Published 3 months ago

CRAZY by Maria Hidalgo

Published 3 months ago

My Life Now by UNC Angel

Published 3 months ago

Debutante by Angelina Nguyen

Published 3 months ago

Wake Up by RedWriter

Published 3 months ago

Smile by ARS7

Published 3 months ago

Fútbol by Ellen W

Published 3 months ago

The Seasons by ARS7

Published 3 months ago

Bittersweet Endings by Marerider

Published 3 months ago

Life is Full of Surprises by Suit of Swords

Published 5 months ago

Magic in the World by Suit of Swords

Published 5 months ago

My Matchstick, Your Shield by Suit of Swords

Published 4 months ago

The Lake by Anna Lang

Published 3 months ago

Courage by Lone Warrior WWII

Published 3 months ago

Wish by ARS7

Published 3 months ago

The Monster Under the Bed by Deleted User

Published 3 months ago

Home's Return by BlueWriter

Published 4 months ago

To be a Child of the Gods by Kaitlyn

Published 4 months ago

Cute Boy, Jerk Boy by #Simone/Madame

Published 4 months ago

Teenagers Driving by UNC Angel

Published 4 months ago

The Old Library by StarryStarryKnight

Published 4 months ago

I Don't Want a Six-Pack by Kaitlyn

Published 4 months ago

Breakdowns by UNC Angel

Published 4 months ago

What I Want to Be by Grover_the_forest

Published 4 months ago

But We Didn't by Nadia Kotova

Published 4 months ago

God Bless America by ARS7

Published 4 months ago

Just some math by CostinGhiban

Published 4 months ago

He should renovate the place... by CostinGhiban

Published 4 months ago

Cosmos by JCWriter

Published 4 months ago

Light by JCWriter

Published 4 months ago

Ten Wishes—A Poem by JCWriter

Published 4 months ago

Friends by RedWriter

Published 4 months ago

The Orphanage by RedWriter

Published 4 months ago

Up in the Plum Tree by maricella

Published 4 months ago

Cares Released in the Wind by Samikan

Published 4 months ago

Light by Samikan

Published 4 months ago

Death by JamieCarter

Published 4 months ago

What to be by Muskaan

Published 4 months ago

The Matchstick by Serendipity

Published 4 months ago

Hiccup of Life by Kaitlyn

Published 4 months ago

Atoms by JamieCarter

Published 4 months ago

matter by Fidgetsally

Published 4 months ago

Never Ending by Kaitlyn

Published 4 months ago

Friendship, Love, and Death by #Simone/Madame

Published 4 months ago

Books of the Heart by Aaliyah

Published 6 months ago

I Remember by Aaliyah

Published 8 months ago

Languages by Aaliyah

Published 7 months ago

Racism Blood by Aaliyah

Published 7 months ago

Amour by Aaliyah

Published 7 months ago

thirty-six notes by sarah leying

Published 4 months ago

Child of God by ARS7

Published 4 months ago

Life to Death by Kaitlyn

Published 4 months ago

Little Sun by Fiona Boland

Published 4 months ago

A stone wall by Nafo23

Published 4 months ago

listen by scribbles

Published 4 months ago

Supernova by Angelina Nguyen

Published 4 months ago

My mind by CostinGhiban

Published 4 months ago

Between two moments by CostinGhiban

Published 4 months ago

Experience by Sebastian Micheals

Published 4 months ago

Clear Water by Camryn

Published 4 months ago

Silly Horses by Lone Warrior WWII

Published 4 months ago

Hydrant by RedWriter

Published 4 months ago

We Should be like Wolves by Kaitlyn

Published 4 months ago

Sunset by Vanilla

Published 4 months ago

Towards the Light by Puddleduck

Published 6 months ago

Nonsense by Puddleduck

Published 6 months ago

Fly, Quirky, Fly! by Puddleduck

Published 5 months ago

Hoping for Rain by Puddleduck

Published 5 months ago

Sea of Corn by Puddleduck

Published 4 months ago

Fearless by The Inspiration

Published 4 months ago

Hermes's Day Off by Laika

Published 4 months ago

Mender by RedWriter

Published 4 months ago

God is Always by my Side by Kaitlyn

Published 4 months ago

Rose Flower by ARS7

Published 4 months ago

rain races by Shanti

Published 4 months ago

Differences by Ford

Published 10 months ago

Gratitude by Ford

Published 10 months ago

Travellers' Tune by StarryStarryKnight

Published 4 months ago

Try by Orange18

Published 4 months ago

Goodbye by ARS7

Published 4 months ago

Without the Word I Want by Deleted User

Published 5 months ago

Everyone by UNC Angel

Published 5 months ago

A True Teenage Story by UNC Angel

Published 5 months ago

Choose to Understand by UNC Angel

Published 5 months ago

Be yourself by UNC Angel

Published 8 months ago

Shot for Love by UNC Angel

Published 4 months ago

Fairy Everland by UNC Angel

Published 4 months ago

Broken Hearts by UNC Angel

Published 4 months ago

The Story of Crazy by UNC Angel

Published 4 months ago

Light by Deleted User

Published 5 months ago

A Writer's Worst Disease by Deleted User

Published 4 months ago

The Monster by Katie Griffith

Published 4 months ago

Summertime Daydream by ARS7

Published 4 months ago

49 Likes from Others

Villain Academy Chapter 5

Liked by 1 person

The Villain Academy

Liked by 3 people

The Villain Academy Chapter 4

Liked by 2 people

Villain Academy Chapter 3

Liked by 2 people

An Ode to Umbrellas

Liked by 3 people

Star Wars Counting

Liked by 2 people

Understanding

Liked by 2 people

Beowulf

Liked by 1 person

The Last Battle

Liked by 2 people

The Villain Academy Chapter 1

Liked by 2 people

a

Liked by 2 people

Shining Green Eyes

Liked by 1 person

a

Liked by 2 people

The Lack of Something

Liked by 1 person

The Rodent's Rage

Liked by 1 person

The Startled Gardener

Liked by 1 person

Spinning Speach

Liked by 1 person

Villain Academy Chapter 2

Liked by 1 person

Memorizing Linking Verbs

Liked by 1 person

House Mice

Liked by 3 people

Reactions

Liked by 1 person

What Sports Should Be

Liked by 2 people

What Sports Should Be

Liked by 2 people

Recrudescence

Liked by 2 people

An Atoms Movie

Liked by 2 people

The Eclipse In It's Glory.

Liked by 1 person

The Eclipse (Prelude)

Liked by 2 people

Sneak Attack

Liked by 1 person

The Hacker's Very Bad Day

Liked by 2 people

Our Flag

Liked by 3 people

10 Quotes About Government

Liked by 6 people

A story with odd thoughts

Liked by 2 people

Loose Change

Liked by 2 people

Two Geese Swam By

Liked by 1 person

Two Geese Swam By

Liked by 2 people

The Shot Heard Round the World

Liked by 1 person

Trees and Seasons

Liked by 3 people

Two Geese Swam By

Liked by 4 people

A story

Liked by 6 people

A story

Liked by 1 person

Good neighbor

We like your photo and your biography.

Earned 4 months ago

Pro reviewer

You've now submitted over five reviews!

Earned 3 months ago

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned 4 months ago

Follower

You're following over five other writers.

Earned 4 months ago

Supporter

You're following over 10 other writers right now.

Earned 4 months ago

Admirer

You've followed over twenty other writers!

Earned 3 months ago

Patron

You're following over thirty other writers!

Earned 27 days ago

Leader

You're being followed by over five other writers!

Earned 4 months ago

Super star

You've got SO many followers - more than thirty!

Earned about 1 month ago

Power writer

Do you ever sleep? You've written over TEN THOUSAND WORDS.

Earned about 2 months ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned 4 months ago

Prolific

You really are prolific - you've published over ten pieces already.

Earned 3 months ago

Favoriter

Love your work - you've read and favorited over ten pieces published by others

Earned 4 months ago

Popular penman

Very nicely done - you've got over ten favorites.

Earned 3 months ago

Reviewer

You've reviewed!

Earned 4 months ago

Top critic

Woohoo. You've submitted over fifteen reviews.

Earned about 1 month ago

Competitor

Thanks for entering a competition.

Earned 3 months ago

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer