Suit of Swords

Philippines

I mostly write out my feelings especially on days i feel emotional. My inspiration always comes from the environment and if not, from my life. Feel free to read and i hope you will like my work

Default avatar user icon
Img 20160722 122821

Suit of Swords (Philippines) started following Ellen W (United Kingdom)

1 day ago

Default avatar user icon

Suit of Swords (Philippines) liked Symphony by Ellen W (United Kingdom)

1 day ago

Default avatar user icon
1

Suit of Swords (Philippines) published:

By the Graveside

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition

Maybe if you were here it would be a lot better. Remember when we had all the opportunities, all the chances? Remember when we thought we could do anything as long as we were together? Did you know that our friends are very successful now? We could have been too... We could've seen the meteor shower, like you always wanted. If only we had more time. Alas, fate is cruel. Remember at the hospital, after the accident, when...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

Suit of Swords (Philippines) published:

Colors

The colors of the world
Si bright and vivid
​The blue seas and skies,
The green grass and trees
​The animals with wild clashing colors
​And the emotions flying everywhere
The hue of the flowers
The shades of the sunset
​The night sky with beautiful, dark colors
​The day with its warm enticing ones
​The colors of this world
​ beautiful and wonderful

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

Suit of Swords (Philippines) reviewed:

There is beauty amongst the pain

It was great all in all! definitely a 9-10 out of 10

Default avatar user icon

Suit of Swords (Philippines) reviewed:

The Forest of my Doom

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition

All in all it was great

Default avatar user icon
1

Suit of Swords (Philippines) published:

After Everything

PROMPT: Talking to “You”

You make the world turn
You make the sun shine bright
You make the birds sing so sweetly
and a heart flutter 'round
You light up the darkness
You make the sky so blue
You have a fire that ignites
and burns everything around
You give life another meaning
You lift the spirits of people near
You give hope and love and light
and you shine oh so bright
and after everything
I hope you know
Because you are important ...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
Favoriter

Suit of Swords (Philippines) earned a badge Favoriter

Default avatar user icon

Suit of Swords (Philippines) liked There is beauty amongst the pain by UNC Angel (United States)

Default avatar user icon
Yuri

Suit of Swords (Philippines) started following my life is a lyrical (Philippines)

Flash Fiction Competition

By the Graveside

Maybe if you were here it would be a lot better. Remember when we had all the opportunities, all the chances? Remember when we thought we could do anything as long as we were together? Did you know that our friends are very successful now? We could have been too... We could've seen the meteor shower, like you always wanted. If only we had more time. Alas, fate is cruel. Remember at the hospital, after the accident, when you said "I'm fine"? Now I'm sitting by your grave, telling you the same thing. I'm fine.

Colors

The colors of the world
Si bright and vivid
​The blue seas and skies,
The green grass and trees
​The animals with wild clashing colors
​And the emotions flying everywhere
The hue of the flowers
The shades of the sunset
​The day with its warm enticing ones
​The colors of this world
​ beautiful and wonderful

Talking to “You”

After Everything

You make the world turn
You make the sun shine bright
You make the birds sing so sweetly
and a heart flutter 'round
You light up the darkness
You make the sky so blue
You have a fire that ignites
and burns everything around
You give life another meaning
You lift the spirits of people near
You give hope and love and light
and you shine oh so bright
and after everything
I hope you know
Because you are important
and you just don't know it

Those Three Words

There are some words
I just cannot say
No matter the occasion
No matter the person

Why is it so hard to say
Those three words?
I really want to,
But I can't.

I can't, I can't, I can't
I don't know why
Those three words
Are too hard for me to say

I don't know how to tell you
That I feel more than "I like you"
I can't brig myself to say them
Those three simple words.

Fire Away

Fire away all your guns
All your bombs and your cannons
​That do naught but pain
That do naught but destruction

​Draw all your swords
All your knives and your bows
​Use them in your wars
​Take down your enemies

You waste all your money
​All your gold and silver
​On those petty battles
​But you gain nothing in return

Let your species kill each other
Let them burn down the earth
them disgrace all your women
and children of the land

​In the end of your fights
all your battles and your wars
there will be nothing left
but tdestruction and the dead

Fire Away

Fire away all your guns
all your bombs and your cannons
​that do naught but pain
that do naught but destruction

​Draw all your swords
all your knives and your bows
​use them in your wars
​take down your enemies

You waste all your money
​all your gold and silver
​on those petty battles
​but you gain nothing in return

Let your species kill each other
​let them burn down the earth
have them disgrace all your women
and children of the land

​In the end of your fights
all your battles and your wars
there will be nothing left

There Used To Be Magic

There used to be magic
in the world around us
in the earth beneath our feet
in the air that we breathe

​There used to be magic
in the world where we live
in the food that we eat
in the water that we drink

There used to be magic
​but I don't know how
we lost it or broke it
​or maybe it was stolen

There used to be magic
I hope it comes back
this world is degrading
it needs its life back

Truths and Untruths

I Wish

I wish you were still here to see
​the changes that occurred to me.
I wish for all the times we
I wish for all those good and bad
because they're the reason why we're here.
I wish to relive the day we met
and all the words that have been said.
​I wish you were still here to call me friend
not just someone you passed by.
​I wish we didn't leave.
​I wish we didn't have to choose
​if only there was none to lose.
I wish our life wasn't this hard
​I wish we didn't choose to leave
that you didn't take another hand.
​I wish that instead of him
I am still the one you hold
that when you're with him
it's not what it seems
​that we're not just another part of the story told.

Writing Small

My Matchstick, Your Shield

I know we are both just hiccups, little clumps of atoms in this universe. But I hope you know we are special little bunches of atoms. You're the matchstick that gives me light, that gives me warmth. And I shall be the strong shield to protect you. 

Tears

I didn't think it was still possible. I tried to stop it, but I was helpless. I couldn't stop it. It's been so long since it last happened that I thought it would never happen again. That it will never repeat. I thought my tear ducts have dried up, that I won't be able to do it ever again. Yes, I am crying. I am crying inside because we can't be together. I'm crying for all those times we were together, the times when we were happy, and the times when we were sad. I don't want to cry anymore. These tears are going to waste. There is nothing I can do about it. Crying doesn't help. I could've done something when I was still yours, but I let you go. I let everything go. Now we have our own paths. The road where our paths intersected is long gone. Looking back on it, you were always the one. You...

Fantasy Paradise (part 1)

We all have our own lives. Each and everyone of us has their own problems. To other's, their problems are simple. Others have really complicated ones. In order for us to continue and move on, either we move on from our problems or try to escape. And for us to do this, we make our own Fantasy Paradise.
    One such was the fantasy of a boy named Heath. Heath was just your average twelve-year-old, skinny, lanky, and bookish-type nerd. He was always bullied, so he spends most of his time in the library. In there, no one cared about him. No one can raise their voices against him, and nobody disturbs him. In one of his trips to the library, he found a really odd book. It looked out of its place in the middle of the reference section.
    The book wasn't actually a book, but a scroll. It looked ancient and worn, with...

Why?

We should stop this. It isn't healthy anymore. We're not what we used to be, carefree and happy. it's not the same me, nor the old you. We've become estranged.

Why is it this hard to leave, when we both know that it is the right thing to do? When we both know where this is leaving, why is it so hard to admit? I can't leave.

I can't do it. I can't go. I wonder if you feel that way too? Do you see it as I do?

I'll always be here, 'cause I can't let go. It's too hard for me, and I don't think I would make it. 

I can't live without the half that is you. I probably could, but it won't be the same. It will never be the same.

Why do we have to do this? How did it come to this? What happened? I...

You Just Don't Notice

I have always been here
you just don't notice
always behind you
but the one you never miss

I just wanted to tell you
no matter what the cost
no matter what the consequence
I'm always there

I'll be your shoulder to cry on
your helping hand
I'll be here to guide you
through this treacherous land

When you get overwhelmed
by the darkness around
I'll be the light that finds you
and save you from it

I'll always be here
even when you don't notice
just as i have these past few years
I hope this gets to you

Open Prompt

Life

I just wanted to write about life itself. You know, the simple act of existing. Of course, things like this aren't simply explained. You don't just suddenly write that one day you were alive and the next you're not. You can't just say the something is, or isn't or if it even exists. Life isn't like that.

Life is a process. It is where a person's characteristics develop. It is how everything around us moves, and how every little thing there is possible. Without life we are nothing. All there is and will always be is the void. Nothing exists in there, just a plain, empty realm.

Where did life come from? Why does it exist? Why do we have to live every single day, knowing that in the end, we shall cease? The answer? We simply choose to be. Don't fret about what will happen next. Look at the past, but only so...

Magic in the World

There is Magic in the World. There always is, always has been. Children are the most sensitive to this Magic, and as children, we were all exposed to this. As we grow up, we lose this piece of magic bit by bit, and as adults, we can barely have it anymore. Others get lucky and get a larger portion. This Magic is the one that gave life to our toys, the one that gave us our imaginary friends. This Magic gives us life. This Magic is the reason why we love, why we hope.

In this time and age, we are about to lose it, slowly, one by one. This world has become dangerous. People are always fighting, may it be for petty reasons or large ones. There is too much pollution, too few care for the world anymore. Remember, this world is our home. It is the source of that Magic. Now, our home...

Writing for Children Competition

Life is Full of Surprises

Life is certainly full of surprises. One day there was a little girl named Anne. Her father worked away from home, where he saved other people's lives in other countries as a doctor, and her mother was always gone, off to work in the city. She was always alone, playing by herself, wishing she had a friend. One day while her mother was out, she went outside and sat on the grass, under the leaves of the large apple tree. She just lay there, the sun shining on her, listening to the world around. The birds sang, the tree's leaves were rustled, and the grass beneath her swayed gently to the cool breeze of the wind. 

Saying she was lonely didn't cut it. She was lonely AND sad. She wanted a friend, and she wanted to have her father back. She also wanted her mother to stop from going away. Sadly, these things she wishes...

Magic in the World

There is Magic in the World. There always is, always has been. Children are the most sensitive to this Magic, and as children, we were all exposed to this. As we grow up, we lose this piece of magic bit by bit, and as adults, we can barely have it anymore. Others get lucky and a larger portion. This Magic is the one that gave life to our toys, the one that gave us our imaginary friends. This Magic gives us life. This Magic is the reason why we love, why we hope.

In this time and age, we are about to lose it, slowly, one by one. This world has become dangerous. People are always fighting, may it be for petty reasons or large ones. There is too much pollution, too few care for the world anymore. Remember, this world is our home. It is the source of that Magic. Now, our home needs...

Writing for Children Competition

Life is Full of Surprises

Life is certainly full of surprises. One day there was a little girl named Anne. Her father worked away from home, and her mother was always gone. she was always alone, playing by herself, wishing she had a friend. One day while her mother was out, she went outside and sat on the grass, under the leaves of the large apple tree. She just lay there, the sun shining on her, listening to the world around. The birds were singing, the tree's leaves were rustling, and the grass beneath her were swaying gently to the cool breeze of the wind. 

Saying she was lonely doesn't cut it. She was lonely AND sad. She wanted a friend, and she wanted to have her father back. she also wanted her mother to stop from going away. Alas, these things she wishes for are not easily given. So instead of sulking about it, she started daydreaming. In her...

Writing for Children Competition

Life is Full of Surprises

Writing for Children Competition

Life is Full of Surprises

Life is certainly full of surprises. One day there was a little girl named Anne. Her father worked away from home, and her mother was always gone. she was always alone, playing by herself, wishing she had a friend. One day while her mother was out, she went outside and lay on the grass, under the leaves of the large apple tree. She just lay there, listening to the world around her. The birds were singing, the tree's leaves were rustling, and the grass beneath her were swaying gently to the cool breeze of the wind. 

Saying she was lonely doesn't cut it. She was lonely AND sad. She wanted a friend, and she wanted to have her father back. she also wanted her mother to stop from going away. Alas, these things she wishes for are not easily given. So instead of sulking about it, she started daydreaming. In her daydream everything was perfect....

Magic in the World

There is Magic in the World. There always is, always has been. Children are the most sensitive to this Magic, and as children, we were all exposed to this. As we grow up, we lose this piece of magic bit by bit, and as adults, we can barely have it anymore. others get lucky and a larger portion. This Magic is the one that gave life to our toys, the one that gave us our imaginary friends. This Magic gives us life. This Magic is the reason why we love, why we hope.

In this time and age, we are about to lose it, slowly, one by one. This world has become dangerous.People are always fighting, may it be for petty reasons or large ones. there is too much pollution, too few care for the world anymore. Remember, this world is our home. It is the source of that Magic. Now, our home needs our...

Suit of Swords's 4 Likes

Symphony by Ellen W

Published 2 days ago

I Have To See by RedWriter

Published about 2 months ago

Tricks and Truce by Camryn

Published 2 months ago

9 Likes from Others

After Everything

Liked by 1 person

Those Three Words

Liked by 1 person

Life is Full of Surprises

Liked by 2 people

Magic in the World

Liked by 1 person

My Matchstick, Your Shield

Liked by 2 people

Why?

Liked by 2 people

You Just Don't Notice

Liked by 2 people

Magic in the World

Liked by 2 people

Life is Full of Surprises

Liked by 1 person

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned 2 months ago

Follower

You're following over five other writers.

Earned 12 days ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned 2 months ago

Prolific

You really are prolific - you've published over ten pieces already.

Earned 14 days ago

Favoriter

Love your work - you've read and favorited over ten pieces published by others

Earned 8 days ago

Reviewer

You've reviewed!

Earned 2 months ago

Competitor

Thanks for entering a competition.

Earned 2 months ago

Admirer inactive

Follow over twenty other writers to become an admirer!

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Good neighbor inactive

Be a good neighbor - add a profile image and write a short biography.

Leader inactive

Become a leader of the pack when over five other writers start following you.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Patron inactive

Become a patron of writers - follow over thirty of them.

Popular penman inactive

Get over ten favorites for your work to become a Popular Penner.

Power writer inactive

Keep going! Write over ten thousand words and you'll be a Power Writer.

Pro reviewer inactive

Submit over five reviews and get that Pro Reviewer feeling.

Super star inactive

Get your writing career glittering with more than thirty followers.

Supporter inactive

Get supportive. Follow over ten other writers and get a badge too.

Top critic inactive

Submit over fifteen reviews and you'll be a top critic.