Wallhaven 496295

Gabriel Goodwin

Philippines

A rookie wordsmith forging his first blade.
A self-explorer, discovering himself and his capabilities.
A scientist testing out new formulas.
A human being in essence.
A self-proclaimed creator over his universes.

Write, write, and keep writing! Try out different styles and genre, and explore yourself with every word, sentence, and paragraph. You'll come out on the other side of the writing world as someone stronger and better.

Hope you have a good day!

Wallhaven 496295
Nightcourt

Gabriel Goodwin (Philippines) started following Caty (United States)

about 8 hours ago

Wallhaven 496295

Gabriel Goodwin (Philippines) liked A Piece by Caty (United States)

about 8 hours ago

Wallhaven 496295
Default avatar user icon

Gabriel Goodwin (Philippines) started following pu3808 (United States)

about 10 hours ago

Wallhaven 496295

Gabriel Goodwin (Philippines) liked The Whistler by pu3808 (United States)

about 10 hours ago

Wallhaven 496295

Gabriel Goodwin (Philippines) liked 1801 by RedWriter (United States)

about 11 hours ago

Wallhaven 496295
2

Gabriel Goodwin (Philippines) published:

Home on Summer Sundays

PROMPT: Chunyun

It was the morning of a beautiful Sunday,
And the lady in front welcomed us back to our home in the province. Immediately, the smell of pig, dirt, and grass permeated through everyone's noses. Boots trudged through the fresh soil, saved from the pouring rain last night. We were greeted with the sight of our own home. It was standing tall on cement, roofed, and tiled. A simple house made of basic architecture. Nothing special. But it was the home...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 22 hours ago

Wallhaven 496295
Default avatar user icon

Gabriel Goodwin (Philippines) started following TrashBoat (American Samoa)

about 23 hours ago

Wallhaven 496295

Gabriel Goodwin (Philippines) reviewed:

To my Depression

Great piece! It made me feel so much! I hope to see more of your writing in WtW! Have a good day!

about 23 hours ago

Wallhaven 496295
Pro reviewer

Gabriel Goodwin (Philippines) earned a badge Pro Reviewer

about 23 hours ago

Wallhaven 496295
Drawn planet 17

Gabriel Goodwin (Philippines) started following Plausible.Poems (United States)

1 day ago

Chunyun

Home on Summer Sundays

And the lady in front welcomed us back to our home in the province. Immediately, the smell of pig, dirt, and grass permeated through everyone's noses. Boots trudged through the fresh soil, saved from the pouring rain last night. We were greeted with the sight of our own home. It was standing tall on cement, roofed, and tiled. A simple house made of basic architecture. Nothing special. But it was the home that was built by my earlier ancestors; their humble beginnings. The visible roots of our ancestral tree remain above ground, because of that very house.

It was the afternoon of a beautiful Sunday,
And summer was especially a cruel mistress. A prayer session was held in the house's living room, for blessing, and renewal of the human soul. Mostly, it was old women who comprised these sessions. Chants were said in an indecipherable old language, and it was left to...

Day 16 - Opti-pessimistic

Optimism is when you feel positive about what the future holds, otherwise, it is considered as pessimism, or when you feel negative about matters...

But what happens if these two things meld and mesh with each other? How would these two things interplay with one another?

It's a complicated feeling, actually...
One that I think only I can truly feel together happening within my mind.
It's when I think of something either positive or negative, mostly situation-based,
Let's say, my upcoming grades in my previous mid-term exams,
And I thought of passing the said exam, then,
All of a sudden, I get this horrible feeling in my gut that I actually failed,
Rather than feeling happy just a moment ago, my emotion shifts through to focus on negative thoughts...

Then, later, I get that positive energy again from positive thoughts, and vice versa...

It's weird how I'm able to see both sides of the same situation through expectations.

It's like...

Monster Flash Fiction Competition

The Squirshl

In the cold night showers of the metropolitan scenery, a curious little boy wanders about. And unmistakably, he meets the Squirshl in its most subtle form. It roams the lonesome streets and quiet alleyways, in search of good puddles and garbage spots. No doubt, it is hunting for some good dinner, despite the coldness of that night. And it happens to be that it spots the child staring in awe. It waddles its way through large puddles to meet the child. It extends its short hand in a warm gesture. The child receives them greatly, and the Squirshl signals him forth. "You want me to come?" The Squirshl nods and points to an alleyway. He ends up following it, slowly disappearing into the rainy night, as he was never seen again.
    What may have happened to the little boy is of urban legend. The Squirshl is a creature of deception. It lures children with its oddly cute appearance and a great understanding...

Day 15 - Midnight Writing be like...

One night, as I write verses into thoughts of endless wandering...

[Typing]

...

The sky started spewing.

[Hmmmm...]

The sky started spewing fire.

[Typing]

...

Earth seem forgiving to those who inhabit her dwelling.

[What if...]

Earth didn't seem forgiving to those who inhabit her dwelling.

[Typing]

...

Monsters stretched out their arms in response to her call.

[Maybe...]

Monsters stretched out their arms in respoonse to her death's call.

[Stopping]

[I need to sleep.]

[I didn't need to sleep.]

Love in 13 Words

Mom's stories

Mom told us to sleep...

...but not till one more story about dad. <3

Environmental Writing Competition

Selcouth Words of Hers

Mother whispered into the ears of a billion population,
She warned them of what was to come from destruction,
If we were to continue our ways tenfold,
Then the deed to her wonderful kingdom goes sold,

Mother whispered into the ears of a million population,
She told of the land that burst into flames; revelation,
Of the sky, and the sea, no more than a fairytale,
What would become of everything that we avail?

Mother whispered into the ears of a thousand population,
What would be done to prevent armageddon's operation?
If we were to just set aside our differences,
If we could stand strong without our dissonances,
We can bring forth our harmony, for Mother...

But we choose to remain ignorant:

We choose poisoned water over tranquil seas,
We choose black skies over blue horizons,
We choose naked continents over greener worlds,
We choose to die a poetic death;
Killing Mother, killing us

Mother whispered into the ear of...

Day 11 - Her Past Ghosts

The turbulence pulled at her heart as it beat inside her chest. The elevator ride came to an end, and its doors opened, slowly revealing silhouettes. They were people she knew from her past life.

Day 14 - A Moment In Time

A moment is less than a minute, more so a second, but these things make up a large portion of our memories. After all, it only takes a moment to suddenly remember something of your past. Like the texture of your pet cat's fur, but nothing about what your cat looked like, nor its name. Just the feeling of the fur brushing against your fingertips. Not that I have a cat, but to give an example of what I mean.

There was this particular moment I remembered about the sensation of fabric on my fingertips. It wasn't anything special. It was just my hand clasping on white fabric. Nothing else came to mind after that. It was on a sunny day. I was standing on our porch, and my dad was about to leave for work. He mentioned something about preparing for tomorrow's event. He mentioned the same thing to my little brother, my mother and then my...

Day 13 - Anti's World

Anti.
Anti-matter.
The opposite of matter.
The opposite of reality.
That is my world.
That is my emptiness.
It is my purpose, however, to make it real.
To make it the truth,
For I am the Queen of this loneliness.

Is that really all I seek?
To make my world everyone's reality?
Is that truly what I wish to accomplish?
Is that really my purpose?
But, if it's not just that,
Then what else is there to accomplish?
What else can this vessel do?
For I am a mere manifestation of emptiness,
I do not need anything else.
For I am the Queen of this loneliness.

Is that really all I am?
A vessel of everything else not filled,
A vessel of emptiness and void.
But how did I came to be of myself,
If I am nothing and came from nothing?
How did I come to be what it is to be alive?
How did I find my purpose? ...

Your Voice: Olympic Dreams

Sparking One Torch

Whether one plays for the Olympics, or for the Paralympics, it's important to consider that these events unite people for one common thing, and that is sports. So, why do we hesitate to bring these two great events under one torch? Why would people think that bringing these two events together destroy anything? I believe, that if we merge these two events together, we would be one step closer to unity. We would be one step closer to lighting up one torch. One torch to represent the world. 

Day 12 - Boredom

I write when I'm bored. 
Whether it'd be about giant robots fighting in Metro Manila, 
Or the crime-infested streets of Makati, 
And on-going confrontations against authorities, 
But it can be as whimsical as a child's everyday life, 
Growing up in the suburbs of Pasig, 
As it spins a tale between broken families and a vivid imagination, 
It can get as dramatic as a student's life in UP, 
As he struggles with school and a part-time job as a barista in Starbucks, 
With him a roommate who eventually became his best friend, 
And his ever-comforting boyfriend, Tyron, 
This along with his strong aspiration to become a fashion designer,
All of this on the tip of the iceberg

Boredom strikes fire into the souls of writers, 
It brings forth a world of ideas, 
Into an uninspired soul, 
Transforms the mind into a volatile substance of our own Big Bang, 
Ushering new universes into our fingertips 
Characters, Places, Events that start to take shape, 
All...

Day 11 - Her Past Ghosts

The uplifting yet swirling turbulence pulling at her heart as it beats inside her chest. This elevator ride comes to an end, and its doors open slowly, revealing silhouettes. They were people she knew from her past life.

Day 10 - Down Were The Tears I Held

It was a great ordeal,
    A herculean task of sorts,
        Never for one to be done alone,
            Yet I chose to go along this path,
                And ended up under the pull of gravity,
                    As the tears,
                        Couldn't wait for another moment,
                            It wasn't possible to
The universe made its weigh,
    Upon the choice of a lifetime,
        And I chose wrong,
            I should have known better than to follow my heart,
                So I ended up losing it within memories,
                    For it...

Day 9 - "We Are Okay" by Nina Lacour

Mabel visits Marin, in an attempt to discover what was left unsaid between Marin and her past.

Day 8 - Spilled Vanilla Ice Cream

Oozing liquid,
Down the cone,
It goes into cement,
The color like used toothpaste,
While the wafer cone decayed under the bright sun,
Crumbling,
And losing shape,
It was no longer ice cream,
It was a goner,
And I was crying,
And I was young,
But I didn't regret it,
Vanilla was gross

Solastalgia

Green Mango Tree

The eldest of our creations, a green mango tree, had to be cut down today. It was due to the possibility of it catching fire from the summer heat. It was because the sun had grown hot enough, and the atmosphere thinned out enough, for a normal summer day to cause wildfires in your own suburban setting. And it was also because of this reason, that most trees around the city were cut down. Shrubs, bushes and tall grass was fine, but ultimately this was a concern for everyone, and it was for some time already. Though the percentage of having wildfires from trees is still a small percentage, the very idea itself of a wildfire breaking out in cities is now a reality. There are many factors that lead to wildfires, one such factor is man-made actions, another would be any flammable substances left near the tree, but to think that the wildfire that first broke out in Manila...

Day 7 - Relationship with Sleep

SleeplessWalker                                  [Following]
@Gabriel_Goodwin
    I need sleep, but it's complicated.
    #Sleepless #InNeedofCoffee #Midnightthoughts
    #12AM #Writing #RelationshipwithSLEEP #WTW

Reply | Retweet | Favorite | More

In Motion

Trapped In Space

The void that embraced the body, this young lady drifting far from Earth. Sansa sensed the stars of Aquarius, Pisces, and Virgo. She saw them swaying and saying their greetings to someone who might have been here thousands of years back. After all, they're afterimages of light that emitted a million light years ago. Who's to say that all the stars died already?
    Sansa was left thinking, then she came out blank. The shuttle she was in collapsed due to engine failure. She was the only one left alive. She was the only one left to ponder about her thoughts. And her space to herself. The sun radiating her farewell, as she slowly drifts into the abyss.
    As she slowly turns to nothing.
    Not even the slow embrace of Saturn could save her.
    Not that she wanted to, but she'd appreciate an invitation to her warm home back on Earth.

"It's too...

Day 6 - 20 Important Facts About Me

1. I am an introvert - I am a cactus, and the outside world is the Sahara Desert. Like any other introvert out there, I prefer to be isolated in my own home to either write a day's worth of stories or just stream online. I'm not like other people who can go out of their homes frequently and gather in social places, like flowers, trees, and other plants do in a rainforest (or any forests of the sort).

2. I love a good story - Words spun endlessly, forever shifting, forming the fabric of the universe itself. A good story is something that just sticks to me like glue. What more if it's a 'great' story or perhaps the 'best' story I've seen? I would have probably annoyed you by now with my endless rambling of how that story was for me. I wouldn't even stop to rest for a bit, maybe. But, in all seriousness, I just...

Album Review Competition 2018

Joe Hisaishi's 25 Years of Ghibli Concert Album

Joe Hisaishi's 25 Years of Ghibli Concert was a monumental moment in his career as a musician, a conductor, and a fellow partner of animator Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli. He has made film scores for almost all of Studio Ghibli's films, examples include Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (1984), Porco Rosso (1992), Spirited Away (2001) and Ponyo (2008). He's a well-known musician in the cinema world and the music world, that is to say, that even outside his musical compositions for Studio Ghibli, his reputation exceeds him within other films such as Hana-Bi (1997) and The Sun Also Rises (2007). So to give a little background, Joe Hisaishi, or originally known as Mamoru Fujisawa was born in Nagano, Japan. He took up the violin at a young age of five and from there, his musical career started. His style of music always was minimalistic and experimental in nature. This may have been partly because of his...

Day 5 - Hermes and Anti

This story is about a superhero who is, well, not really well known. Much so, only he himself knows he’s one. This is because his power isn’t that known to other heroes. Actually, only he can tell when he uses his powers. He has the power to break the fourth wall, but when he does, time stops in his world. He is one of those heroes who has gone unrecognized. And this is his story.
    “Hey, can we skip the intro?”
     H-how did you get here?
    "What do you mean ‘how did you get here?’ Of course, I can break the fourth wall, obviously.” The man appears at the corner of the white screen. His head popping out at the side, then he goes to reveal himself completely.
    Yeah, I did just say that, but can you get out? This is my moment as the narrator of your little tale.
    “Little? No, no, this is my biggest and boldest...

Album Review Competition 2018

Joe Hisaishi's 25 Years of Ghibli Concert was a monumental moment in his career as a musician, a conductor and a fellow partner of Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli. He has made film scores for almost all of Studio Ghibli's films, examples include Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Porco Rosso, Spirited Away and Ponyo. He's pretty much a well-known musician within his field, and even perhaps around the world. His style of music carries out grand and fantastical tones that greatly matches with Hayao Miyazaki's films. It seems to say that the two complement one another, and that Hisaishi understands Miyazaki well.

Personally, I loved every single song that featured in that concert, whether it'd be "A Town With An Ocean View" (from Kiki's Delivery Service),"Legend of The Wind" (from Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind), or "My Neighbor Totoro"(from, well, My Neighbor Totoro). It'd be quite hard to choose truly a favorite...

Day 4 - A Portrait of Her Husband

Zach wasn't too fond of his grandmother, for she seemed to be always cranky. Whether it'd be the slightest of mistakes or just her nitpicking over everything Zach does, she'd be cranky. Always hot-headed and annoyed. And today he had to spend a day with her in her small pink wooden house, which didn't even look like a proper house anymore. It was a run-down version of what used to be a good-looking bungalow. It had seen better days. But, the reason why Zach had to spend one day with his cranky grandma was, that their house had to be renovated. Zach also needed to stay somewhere nearby to his school, and that would be his grandma's house.
    Zach approached the doorbell beside the screen-paned door. He pressed it and there was no response. He did it twice, then thrice, and finally, his grandma came bursting through the hallway to open the door. She was already...

Day 3 - My 3 Strongest Beliefs

1. EVERYONE IS NATURALLY BORN GOOD.
- Whether people have grown to either become criminals or lifesavers, everyone at one point in their lives was naturally good. I'm mostly referring to their younger years, especially since they didn't know much of the world yet and were exploring it. I strongly believe on this stand. It's just the experiences and situations that warp people's mentality and personality that turn them away from being "good".

2. PEOPLE DESERVE A SECOND CHANCE
- It's important for a person to forgive others, much more humanity needs this quality. Especially in a time where there are a lot of broken and separated families. It's important to recognize their mistakes and forgive them for it. It's not as easy as it sounds, but once you do this, you'll feel lighter like the burden you were once carrying is gone. No more resentments of any sort, and you'll be able to start moving on. Though, It's...

Day 2 - Concrete Streets and Abstract Thoughts

One time I was walking down a street in our small village,
You see, I was headed to a nearby mall just outside,
And my mind tends to wander around just about everywhere,
Just like the lines that go along asphalt roads and concrete floors,
You don't know where they'll end up, and if you ever did, it'll be somewhere far from here,
So going back to my usual rambling earlier, I was headed to the mall,
And I saw a bunch of people passing by, teenagers like me,
Maybe in their early 20s, so college students, but still looking fresh from high school somewhat,
They were all gladly chatting and striding along the other side of the road,
Bright cheerful expressions are drawn across their faces,
And along their carefree movements was a tiny object, flying about,
A swallowtail butterfly, it, too, was carefree in its flight,
Except that it seemed the butterfly had a purpose for being there, ...

Day 1 - Blue

Blue is the sound of waves crashing against steep cliffs,
It is the space between your fingers and the clouds,
It is the sensation of gushing winds, making its way through the grass,
It blows on her dress fluttering along with her hair,
The flow of her aura on each step dancing merrily
To the sound of waltz warmly greeting the ears of other dancers

Blue was the color of her eyes, and how they shined like gems,
It was the color of her dress, swaying and twirling,
It was the expression drawn across her face,
It breaks the soul of the man who admired her so,
The moment when he finally stole her heart, she cried
To the sound of bombs exploding and planes flying above

Blue were the people who came flooding in for relief,
They were the broken souls who lost almost to everything they had and knew.
They were the tears that flooded mothers' eyes,
They...

Signing Off

Dear Old Self,

2017 is coming to a close and a lot has happened, huh. And, I mean A LOT! Too many to tell you in one letter, but no matter for in that timeline you are in, you'll experience them all eventually, again (coming from present me). You've changed so much in the span of twelve months, and yet pretty much remained the same you as ever. Different people also came in and out of your life, and each encounter with them was as meaningful as it should be. You'll forever cherish these people, and you'll remember each of the life lessons you've learned from them, either if it was intentional or unintentional. Like that one time you worked your butt off for that project in Culinary class, and sort of procrastinated too, but it only ended up not coming out right by the end of all your hardships and trials. It was that one friend of yours that helped you, when...

Are We Done Yet?

Are we done yet?
Are we done hurting ourselves? Hurting others?
Are we done being so worried? Of what others think? Of what the world thinks?
Are we done being stuck in the past?
Are we done blaming each other for their mistakes? Their flaws?
Are we done with being so down?
Are we done letting other people trample us down?
Are we done showing our weaknesses?
Are we done crying in the corner?
Are you?

Yes?

That's good. Go get someone dear to you, and hurry.

We're leaving off to a better world.

Open Prompt

Feels Familiar

Remember that playground we used to play in?
Remember all those times we would go down the slide?
Or do you recall when we rocked the swings way too high?
How about when we used to enjoy the seesaws?
Do you remember when we ran around the park?
When we were screaming indistinguishable phrases,
And we were loaded up with mysterious energies?
Those times we had our small marathons around?
And those other times we would just play whatever?
I don't know, they didn't seem like real memories,
I was just staring at an old photograph of someone,
Who was small, cute and chubby, unlike someone I knew,
He seemed happy, he seemed sad, he looked like
Someone who had his world in his hands, safely protected,
Until it was eventually lost in the sea of time,
This story, sadly, was something way too familiar

Intersection

Wild Manila

Metro Manila came up like a lion, with its prideful pack devouring roads and highways;
Manila owned its streets and alleyways, owning up to show on every corner of the city,
C5, Commonwealth, EDSA, Roxas, Katipunan, a few of Manila's favorite hunting spots,
And today didn't seem favorable for anyone at all;
There was no mercy showed for the fellow gazelles that ran freely,
Nor for the lazy hippos that decided to leave a little later,
The gigantic eight-wheeled elephants, too, were swallowed up by the on-going chaos,
​Though the early birds were smart enough to leave immediately, thus avoiding the trouble,
But, there were also other troublemakers besides Manila,
They were the crocodiles, greedy and selfish like the lions,
These reptiles decided to join in on the trouble happening around,
There were also the rhinos, who were another problem,
They tend to act quiet and all, not minding anyone's business,
But once angered, they'll storm through the day with...

Inbound

Running. I was running. Running amidst the rain. The sounds of twigs breaking and water splashing can be heard behind me. Dogs barked, and the distant sound of a vehicle was fast approaching my location. I didn’t know where to go, but I just kept running with all I had. I was wounded with bruises running along my legs to my arms, a slice on one of my cheeks and some cuts on my fingers. It was painful.
          The rain drenched me in so much water, it made my movements restricted and slow. It’s pouring too much that I can barely see the forest path. I was running, and then I tripped.
          “Ahhh!” I screamed in agony.
          I landed on a bush which cushioned my fall. Some of the branches scratched my skin, adding more injuries. Despite the reawakening of pain within me, my rest was cut short when the dogs’ bark came nearby.
          I...

Expressing Cosmos and Beyond

Four, five million light years away,
Residing in black holes and supernovas,
Hidden in deep shades of black, red and blue,
Is what humans call "Imagination"
You see, Imagination is humanity's tool
That constructed heavenly citadels and flying mechanical dragons,
Brought life to the dead, and death to the living
As Imagination shaped the world to its image
No, not Earth's shape being oblate spheroid,
But rather Earth as a center point of that image,
Surrounded with all of its creations

Imagination and the Cosmos are alike,
Not in its concept of being "empty" to say,
Or rather that imagination is empty without action,
And the cosmos is one mass of emptiness,
But, instead they are similar in how you fill that certain "void" with something
Like the stars and nebulae painting the cosmos its six colors
And the forever infinity generator of all things weird by your imagination,
These two are meant to complement one another
In hopes of...

Fernweh

Adding to the English Language

Deliforium - [ Deh-lee-fo-ri-uhm (Noun) ]

Definition: The state of preferring to live in a made-up dream world than living in the real one.

Example: Martha, who was always bullied at class and verbally abused at home, preferred to have her daydreaming session during classes on purpose. She always was in deliforium.

Tatenhowler - [ Tay-ten-hau-ler (Noun) ]

Definition: A dog with a broken bark.

Example: Jake was special to me, no matter what anyone else said. We always used to play ball and other fun activities. The only thing he couldn't do though was bark. He was a tatenhowler.

Monoprolifominus - [ Moh-noh-pro-lih-foh-my-noos (Noun) ]

Definition: The condition of everything going/gone wrong, but eventually one came out right.

Example: There was this grand monoprolifominusevent that occurred way back in my life. I was still about twenty six years old and, well, I was about to marry your mother. It was the day of our wedding, and...

Ten Words to You

The Home I'm Familiar With

Green roofs, pink walls,
Cobblestone and rain falls,
Summer child

Setting as Mood

Ethereal Thoughts of Today

Lira for the first time in her life, heard harp strings sang. Their melodious voices swayed the stage to a tropical island, where only Lira's eyes could take her. A quick wind caught her blue beach hat. The footsteps she left on white sand as waves nibbled softly on her toes. Sunny, not a speck of white, a deep ocean of itself gazed its eternal eyes on Lira. Summer heat and warping emotions, played her heartstrings. She felt lightheaded; a soloist greatest sense of reverie. Lira knew she had much to learn before she could approach her own life.

Numerous Narrators

Who Murdered Cynthia Malice?

The name's Henry. Henry of the Fi Household.

The man didn't looked like your usual first-class gentleman. Instead, he had a lack of sophistication, more so a sense of refinement. He wore a lumberjack's polo with black denim pants. On his hand a sharp hatchet, as he came from the forest that morning. Pressed between his arm and torso was a wooden log. He came to shake the hands of the man before him, Billy. They exchanged their greetings and a red envelope was handed over. Henry received it with concerned eyes.

"If it's for Her Excellency's sake, I will comply. Heed this however, I am nothing but innocent." Henry walked away to the outdoor gardens, where the rest were. Billy sighed.

Henry Fi was one of the more upstanding citizens of Sylvia City. The eldest son within the Fi household. His father was the owner of a logging industry, while his mother previously eloped with another party. He had...

Novel Writing Competition 2017

A Trip to Aido Express

A taxi pulled over at the side of the road. Its door swung open and Hanabi came out to greet the view. The woodland trees loomed over her presence as the sun came down to hide behind it. The grass brushed along her shoes. Her eyes were brimming with excitement. This was Hanabi’s first time outside her home.
            Nathaniel towered over her presence.
            “Are you happy so far, Hanabi?” She nodded.
            “But, where is the place? You lied didn’t you?” Hanabi’s smile quickly dispelled with a frown. Nathaniel smiled saying, “The place is just past these trees, I promise.” Hanabi looked back at the trees with a newfound sense of joy.
            “Really?” She asked to reassure his statement.
            “Yes, really. Now, we must be off before-” Hanabi didn’t even need another word, and she disappeared within the forest. She entered in the midst of a performance, unbeknownst to her...

The Peace of Wild Things

Finding Peace Within

When things run amok inside myself,
The king would stand up,
Remind his people the importance of unity,
Tell the men to extinguish the flames,
Tell the women to hush their children,
Tell his warriors that there will be tomorrow,
When the sun would shine through this land,
And that day starts by finding peace within

When tomorrow remains uncertain,
The stars would reign in the night sky,
Forming constellations bright enough
For astrologers to observe,
And that would be enough to tell what happens,
Of days ahead of this time
Whether one would be capable of finding peace within

When shadows bare their fangs on me,
The hero within never ceases
To hold his blade over his shield
And slay without hesitation
Those inhibitions that dare set foot
Within the landscape of my thoughts
As he would gladly prefer finding peace within

Novel Writing Competition 2017

A Trip to Aido Express

A taxi pulled over at the side of the road. Hanabi came out rushing to run at the grassy patch that lied before her. Huge trees loomed before her eyes, and she burst with joy at the very sight. Nathaniel came towering over her presence.
            “But, where is the place? You lied didn’t you?” Hanabi’s smile quickly dispelled with a frown. Nathaniel smiled back saying, “The place is just past these trees, I promise.” Hanabi looked back at the trees with a newfound sense of joy.
            “Yes, really. Now, we must be off before-” Hanabi didn’t even need another word, and she disappeared within the woodland columns. She entered in the midst of a performance, unbeknown to her attention. The wind humming a sweet melody.  The mellow music of nature's denizens playing their orchestral piece. The trees filtering the afternoon light...

Novel Writing Competition 2017

A Trip to Aido Express

A taxi pulled over at the side of the road. Hanabi came out rushing to run at the grassy patch that lied before her. Huge trees soon loomed over her head, and she burst with joy at the very sight. Nathaniel towered over her presence.
            “But, where is the place? You lied didn’t you?” Hanabi’s smile quickly dispelled with a frown. Nathaniel smiled back saying, “The place is just past these trees, I promise.” Hanabi looked back at the trees with a newfound sense of joy. “Really?”
            “Yes, really. Now, we must be off before-” Hanabi didn’t even need another word, and she ran straight off into the heart of the forest. The wind fluttering through the ambiance. The trees filtering the afternoon light down the cracks and spaces between trees and leaves. The sound of birds chirping a sweet melody, perhaps greeting Hanabi warmly. Of course, she couldn’t...

Givanni

“Givanni! Givanni! Come check this out!”

It was summer that lovely day. Puffy white clouds scattered throughout the vast ocean blue sky with the sun nested along their back. The cicadas banded together and played their never-ending melody in verse. A stream of cool wind brushed through the fields and made my hair flutter. The flowers waved and the grass did too. A white picket fence stretched across this field to two ends we couldn’t see. The fields were that big, bigger than a football field I guessed. A boy in his white t-shirt and sandy brown shorts was calling my attention by waving towards me. He showed a huge smile, as if he found something that amazing. And actually, I think he did find something worth of attention as he was calling me to check it out.

“Givanni!” He called out again. This time, I ran towards where he stood. He was staring at something moving in...

On the Last Day of the World

The Final Spark

When the stars perched up in the night start to burst,
I would want to shine brighter than I ever did before.

Loving Like a Telescope

I see the celestial bodies dance
In starry nights like these
The moon, the sun, exchanging glances,
Millions among millions of space dust,
The planets join this slow waltz
As the ever-changing gap between each system
Only to change their positions,
But not of their feelings

Just like her,
These feelings of mine don’t change
As she is the sun and I am the moon
Her fiery radiance shines a light upon my desolate soul
The moon, only a sphere of rocks, nothing more
Capable of being something else under the light from her presence
At full, I am at my best
At new, I am at my worst
At half, something in between
Nonetheless, feeling a cosmic connection with her

Though, she may be out of reach
I continue to love
As she continues to shine
All of this from the telescope
Where the lenses only show the truth between two worlds
She is there and I...

Writing for Children Competition 2017

The Travelling Man

He is the Travelling Man, and around the world he goes, from land to land. All part of his plan.

For you see, he used to be a man that people praised.

Praised for his talent, wealth, and love for everything.

That no other person can compare.

But one day, he suddenly ran out of time for others. For when you're busy with you, it bothers.

At first, his fans have noticed, and eventually everyone. So, they all left him as he was no longer considered fun.

That's where he decided to leave the limelight.

Nowadays, he travels far and wide.

With him his trusty guitar, which, when played, soothes the ears of many afar.

His most-prized possession, a golden guitar case. The attention of everyone's gaze.

And lastly, his crystal heart. It is made from goodness that is hard to tear apart.

Along his journey, he saw a young man on a stage.

The young man was playing music, which...

Writing for Children Competition 2017

The Travelling Man

That no other person can compare.

At first, his fans has noticed, and eventually everyone. So, they all left him as he was no longer considered fun.

Nowadays, he travels far and wide.

With him, his trusty guitar, which when played soothes the ears of many afar.

And lastly, his heart. It is made from goodness that is hard to tear apart.

Along his journey, he saw a young man.

The young man was playing music, which made the people annoyed.
...

Gabriel Goodwin's 158 Likes

A Piece by Caty

Published about 12 hours ago

The Whistler by pu3808

Published about 11 hours ago

1801 by RedWriter

Published about 14 hours ago

​Pedigrees by Angelina Nguyen

Published 4 days ago

In The Shadows by ~EmberlyLeviathan~

Published 5 days ago

First Memory of Abandonment by Logannb1

Published 8 months ago

Teenage Years by Maddie Martinez

Published 5 days ago

To my Depression by Logannb1

Published 3 months ago

Free by Logannb1

Published 4 days ago

The Thing That Kills by *~. Audrey .~*

Published 7 days ago

Who's the Real Monster? by Glytch Montoya

Published 7 days ago

Saints by RedWriter

Published 6 days ago

Your Demon is Coming by Sarimar Muniz

Published 5 days ago

My Brother's Knife by Sissygirl

Published 5 days ago

The Monster in Me by LyraLynne

Published 5 days ago

Barbaric by Erik

Published 6 days ago

Falling by Dani A. Remlap

Published 7 months ago

Balance by Miyuki_Sama

Published about 1 month ago

Behold Her by Gabrielle Miller

Published 10 days ago

who needs a boy? by I.C. Fynnheart

Published 11 days ago

Love? by Glytch Montoya

Published 11 days ago

Mom and Dad by Hallie

Published 11 days ago

​five by Fidgetsally

Published 11 days ago

​Contract by EAurora

Published 11 days ago

​Always by Vanilla

Published 11 days ago

​Write to Me by M. Elyse Lynch

Published 11 days ago

​Forgiveness by Hadiyyah

Published 11 days ago

The Queen of Fae by Crimson Locks

Published 11 days ago

Water Pollution by Kaitlyn ❄

Published 14 days ago

Summertime Daydream by ARS7

Published 7 months ago

The Land of Magic by CreativeAngel

Published 13 days ago

The Dance of Aurora by Foxmillionaire!

Published 12 days ago

Numerology by FairNoble

Published 15 days ago

the clouds. by howdidigethere

Published 22 days ago

Embers by Starchild

Published 26 days ago

Signal by Starchild

Published 25 days ago

I fell in love with a robot by Starchild

Published 25 days ago

Hello? by Starchild

Published 19 days ago

Shadows by Number Two

Published about 1 month ago

10 Facts About You by Number Two

Published 15 days ago

I'm Working on the Title by RainAndSonder

Published 4 months ago

In January by agustdv

Published 28 days ago

物の哀れ by agustdv

Published 24 days ago

दर्द by agustdv

Published 16 days ago

I Want To Be.... by Kaitlyn ❄

Published 17 days ago

The Colors of January by JediKnightGirl

Published 27 days ago

The Colors of February by JediKnightGirl

Published 17 days ago

Unpopular Opinions by AcetheticallyPleasing

Published 4 months ago

Broken :( by Kaitlyn ❄

Published 18 days ago

Something Worth Mentioning by Reanimated

Published 18 days ago

How Many? by Kaitlyn ❄

Published 18 days ago

​Olympic Equality by iss_y

Published 18 days ago

Depression kills by mysterious_writer13

Published 20 days ago

It was as if by Jeremiah wangx

Published 23 days ago

Wordsmith (a true story) by I.C. Fynnheart

Published 21 days ago

Aiea - Chapter 1 by LuciferRising

Published 22 days ago

LASL'S PROMPT ABOUT ME! by Bellbell0307

Published 22 days ago

Bittersweet Endings by Marerider

Published 29 days ago

In January by Katryn Lingad

Published 23 days ago

Rêveur de les Cosmos by Katryn Lingad

Published 28 days ago

Stardust by Hanan Adi

Published over 1 year ago

E by Hanan Adi

Published about 1 year ago

The Tale of Axel Winters by hero2a11

Published 24 days ago

Day 2- Walking Down a Street by RainAndSonder

Published 2 months ago

Day 9- Summaries of Books/Movies/Shows by RainAndSonder

Published about 1 month ago

Your Charade by Foxmillionaire!

Published 3 months ago

The Unseen by Foxmillionaire!

Published about 1 month ago

The Prodigal Son by Foxmillionaire!

Published about 2 months ago

The Man In The Moon by Foxmillionaire!

Published about 1 month ago

exploration by ih29

Published 9 months ago

For a Little Girl Long-Gone by Hanan Adi

Published 25 days ago

how to be a human being by ih29

Published about 1 month ago

Tomorrow by Laika

Published 3 months ago

Experiments (1) by Glytch Montoya

Published 27 days ago

Setting as Mood by MoonFromAlola

Published 28 days ago

​One With the Wind by Laika

Published about 1 month ago

A Victorian Tale by Sentenced

Published about 1 month ago

On the Runway by Jooberu

Published about 1 month ago

The Music of Humanity by LyraLynne

Published about 1 month ago

. by CreativeAngel

Published about 1 month ago

Adele's 21 by Kaitlyn ❄

Published about 2 months ago

Wish upon a Robin’s call by emisanchez91

Published about 2 months ago

Sea Storms by clarino910

Published 2 months ago

Coffee is Bitter But Memories Are Too by Mwh01

Published about 2 months ago

Journal of a (_____): Chapter Two by Lee Fudge

Published about 2 months ago

Untamed by Kaitlyn ❄

Published 2 months ago

This is my 200th Piece by Kaitlyn ❄

Published about 2 months ago

My Top 10 Goals for 2018 by Lexi Reneá

Published about 2 months ago

Journal of a (_____): Chapter One by Lee Fudge

Published about 2 months ago

Prison of Regrets by Desiree

Published about 2 months ago

30 day writing prompt! by LackingASocialLife

Published 2 months ago

​Dear Sister by Maggie Mills

Published about 2 months ago

Albania by Patris Sade

Published 2 months ago

Japan by IzzyRE

Published 2 months ago

the words I need by Shanti

Published 2 months ago

Yatra by sKRUwriting

Published 2 months ago

New Words! by WhiltiernaWolfLord

Published 2 months ago

Trepsomnis by AJ Robinson

Published 2 months ago

Legacy by Starchild

Published 2 months ago

painting your own sun. by temy

Published over 1 year ago

Somewhere Now by Your Alien Author.

Published 2 months ago

Unknown Language by DragonMasterFox

Published 2 months ago

Day 1: What Is Blue? by Elizabeth Bennet

Published about 2 months ago

Don’t Play With Fire Dear (part 2) by aomidomi

Published about 2 months ago

Don't Play With Fire by aomidomi

Published 7 months ago

Grey by Juniper Sora

Published 2 months ago

Foobert by Chari

Published about 2 months ago

​State Street by Phoebe L

Published about 2 months ago

​ROAR by Fidgetsally

Published 2 months ago

Wild Survival by Aaliyah

Published 2 months ago

December in Delhi by Vanilla

Published about 1 year ago

Je ne sais quoi by neo7v

Published 2 months ago

Memories Forgotten by Camryn

Published 3 months ago

Harlow by Olga B

Published 2 months ago

Words I created :D by LackingASocialLife

Published 2 months ago

This. by LackingASocialLife

Published 3 months ago

Love's a Funny Word by Ramen

Published 3 months ago

By Design by Norah

Published 4 months ago

The Sound of Nothing by Karin.r

Published 3 months ago

The Blurry Street by Opal

Published about 2 years ago

Helvetica's Robots by Lee Fudge

Published 3 months ago

The Lightning Society by WhiltiernaWolfLord

Published 4 months ago

Stop and Think by Aussie23

Published 3 months ago

Raven by WhiltiernaWolfLord

Published 3 months ago

​Hummingbird by Aspen Gray

Published 3 months ago

Into The World by HollyDays

Published 4 months ago

The Yellow Lamp by ARS7

Published 3 months ago

We Open In War by Opened_Mind

Published 3 months ago

Freed Canary by Freeze

Published 3 months ago

​Unafraid by Norah

Published over 1 year ago

Dear Britain by RedWriter

Published 3 months ago

The Alternate Trials by veejericaodd

Published 4 months ago

Solace by Dani A. Remlap

Published 3 months ago

Suspicion by Becky H

Published 3 months ago

Chapter One: Graveyard by Laika

Published 4 months ago

​Strangerworld by Molly Ko

Published 5 months ago

Winkle and the Window by Laika

Published 8 months ago

Octopus Tree by worriedwiredweirdo

Published 8 months ago

Winter by Marissa Meador

Published 8 months ago

40 Likes from Others

Day 16 - Opti-pessimistic

Liked by 1 person

Home on Summer Sundays

Liked by 2 people

The Squirshl

Liked by 6 people

Are We Done Yet?

Liked by 5 people

Inbound

Liked by 1 person

Selcouth Words of Hers

Liked by 4 people

Mom's stories

Liked by 4 people

Day 11 - Her Past Ghosts

Liked by 1 person

Day 14 - A Moment In Time

Liked by 2 people

Day 11 - Her Past Ghosts

Liked by 2 people

Day 13 - Anti's World

Liked by 2 people

Sparking One Torch

Liked by 2 people

Green Mango Tree

Liked by 6 people

Day 1 - Blue

Liked by 4 people

Trapped In Space

Liked by 2 people

Expressing Cosmos and Beyond

Liked by 1 person

Feels Familiar

Liked by 1 person

Day 3 - My 3 Strongest Beliefs

Liked by 4 people

Day 5 - Hermes and Anti

Liked by 1 person

Dear Old Self,

Liked by 2 people

Adding to the English Language

Liked by 4 people

Wild Manila

Liked by 1 person

The Travelling Man

Liked by 2 people

Who Murdered Cynthia Malice?

Liked by 2 people

The Home I'm Familiar With

Liked by 1 person

Finding Peace Within

Liked by 4 people

A Trip to Aido Express

Liked by 1 person

A Trip to Aido Express

Liked by 2 people

The Travelling Man

Liked by 1 person

It All Comes Up Together

Liked by 3 people

Good neighbor

We like your photo and your biography.

Earned 8 months ago

Pro reviewer

You've now submitted over five reviews!

Earned about 23 hours ago

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned 8 months ago

Follower

You're following over five other writers.

Earned 8 months ago

Supporter

You're following over 10 other writers right now.

Earned 8 months ago

Admirer

You've followed over twenty other writers!

Earned 3 months ago

Patron

You're following over thirty other writers!

Earned 3 months ago

Leader

You're being followed by over five other writers!

Earned 5 months ago

Super star

You've got SO many followers - more than thirty!

Earned 24 days ago

Power writer

Do you ever sleep? You've written over TEN THOUSAND WORDS.

Earned about 2 months ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned 8 months ago

Prolific

You really are prolific - you've published over ten pieces already.

Earned 3 months ago

Favoriter

Love your work - you've read and favorited over ten pieces published by others

Earned 6 months ago

Popular penman

Very nicely done - you've got over ten favorites.

Earned about 2 months ago

Reviewer

You've reviewed!

Earned about 2 months ago

Competitor

Thanks for entering a competition.

Earned 8 months ago

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Top critic inactive

Submit over fifteen reviews and you'll be a top critic.