Screenshot 2017 05 25 at 9.32.51 am

Marci Goodwin

I often get lost in my thoughts... I like it there. Still, I do enjoy a good conversation every now and then, perhaps with a cup of tea. :)

"Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity."
1 Timothy 4:12

Screenshot 2017 05 25 at 9.32.51 am
1

Marci Goodwin (United States) published:

Moth

Reading a good book is like being a moth, hovering around the flame of a candle: what we think will give us joy and light and happiness ends up killing us in the end.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Screenshot 2017 05 25 at 9.32.51 am
Img 2776

Marci Goodwin (United States) started following Laika (United States)

Screenshot 2017 05 25 at 9.32.51 am

Marci Goodwin (United States) liked Winkle and the Window by Laika (United States)

Screenshot 2017 05 25 at 9.32.51 am

Marci Goodwin (United States) liked Writer's Block by MG Cowan (United States)

Screenshot 2017 05 25 at 9.32.51 am

Marci Goodwin (United States) liked t h a n a t o s by Lillian Casillas (United States)

Screenshot 2017 05 25 at 9.32.51 am
Write

Marci Goodwin (United States) started following CCWinters (United States)

Screenshot 2017 05 25 at 9.32.51 am

Marci Goodwin (United States) liked Fantasy by CCWinters (United States)

Screenshot 2017 05 25 at 9.32.51 am
1
1

Moon

The moon
        will speak to 
            anyone
    who will dare
                    to listen.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Screenshot 2017 05 25 at 9.32.51 am

Marci Goodwin (United States) liked To See Through Walls by M. Elyse Lynch (Australia)

Screenshot 2017 05 25 at 9.32.51 am
Pretty falls wallpaper 1

Marci Goodwin (United States) started following Catalina Summer (United States)

Moth

Moon

The moon
        will speak to 
            anyone
    who will dare
                    to listen.

Clouds

I have always been able to see them; I thought everyone else did, too. I only found out recently that I was, as they say, "special," and the only one of my kind. I have often pondered, that out of billions of people on earth, why pick me? It is such an amazing ability to have, and I am hardly qualified. But, qualified or not, I guess somebody must have looked favorably down on me, because here I am, bearing a unique power.
    My "gift", as they call it, is a bit strange. It certainly wouldn't be your first choice if you were asked what superpower you would wish to possess. But, even though it is quite odd, it has proven to be one of the most useful talents I have. My gift happens to be an extraordinarily high E.Q. (which stands for emotional quotient) with a tiny side effect, which I consider the "gift" part. ...

Clouds

Dreams

Dreams are simply fleeting memories assorted amongst a vast variety of the things that lie ahead.

Dreams

Dreams are simply fleeting memories assorted amongst a vast variety of the things which lie ahead.

Mockingbird

You often see them in their younger years; vulnerable, wandering. You see them when they are trying to discover who they are. You see them warily glance at others, the ones they believe are "cooler" than themselves.
    These are a species known as the human mockingbirds. They mimic each and every thing their idols do. They envy the confidence others possess. They become obsessed in trying to imitate another. A bit of a puppy dog, actually. A little bit of Angela here, a little bit of Lindsay there, maybe a sprig or two of Mary. They mimic so often that they cannot find themselves in all of the clutter, in all the shards and pieces of the others. 
    After a while, they become immersed in the study of "how to be another person." They hardly know they are not themselves, since they have morphed into someone else. They lose themselves in the art of...

The Subject that Matters

How To Adult: The Class That Should Be Taught But Isn't

You know the basic subjects: there's math, writing, grammar, history, science etc... but what about the stuff that you usually learn from your Mom or Dad? For instance, there's learning how to do taxes, how to deal with major disappointments, how to manage your time, how to be a pretty decent human being, and how to kill a squirrel with a BB gun.*(That one I learned from my dad.) Well, some people don't have a mother or a father to teach them that kind of thing. So, to educate those who don't have this opportunity, a class needs to be created entitled, "How To Adult." For an example, let's say you want to start a business. You have no idea how to get started. To accomplish this, there are a lot of calls to make and you don't like talking to random strangers on the phone. This is where "How To Adult" comes in handy. 
    In this class,...

Finding Yourself

Finding yourself is the weirdest thing-- the things that you once thought made you frowned upon gradually become some of your best attributes because they make you... you. People will tell you all your life that you're doing it wrong. Sometimes, they're the ones who are wrong. For instance, I know you're supposed to take out the teabag after the tea is done steeping, but I leave it in. I leave that bag in for as long as I jolly well please. People say I'm wrong, but I'm making my tea unique from other people's tea. This is what makes my tea my tea. And I like it that way. :)  

Finding Yourself

The Little Black Box

You'd think something so controlling would be some sort of weapon. I mean, how could you expect something so small to have such a big influence unless it was destructive? I didn't. I totally underestimated the dramatic impact that it could have. It became so wide-spread that you couldn't take a step out of your door and not see someone staring down blankly into their hands. You did not see faces anymore; you only saw the parts of their hair. I guess face-to-face conversation simply wasn't exciting enough. No, no, the definition of exciting was spending three precious hours gazing at the affairs of other people via screen. Wishing you were as exciting as everyone else became everybody's favorite pastime. After that, pretending to be as exciting as you wished you were was the favorite. Soon, everyone was one-upping one another with elaborate vacations, weddings, getaways, and accomplishments. Doing something good just for the sake of doing it...

My Midnight Mission

Don't make a sound. Don't make a sound, I think to myself. I'm creeping down the stairs, careful not to step on the squeaky one. I reach the bottom of the staircase. Fully clad in my favorite pajamas, I am ready to begin my mission.
    I look around. It's 12:37 a.m. and there's not a soul in sight. I tip-toe over to the fridge. My heart is thumping loudly. I hold my breath to slow it, but that seems to be making it worse.  
    You know what you're here for, Agent Goodwin. I say to myself,
    Focus.
    I open it. The light coming from within blinds me, making me squint. I begin scooting and pushing items out of the way. My target should lie at the very back.
    I have to get it back to headquarters before I'm spotted, I think as I start to sweat under the stress.
    The kitchen...

Imagination

Imagination is a dangerous thing. It can own you; drive you to do things you would never do. Don't get me wrong, imagination is excellent to possess. But it must be controlled; kept on a leash. If you're not careful, you can get lost in the labyrinth of your own thoughts, where reality is a dream. Fantasy becomes the new reality, and it begins to control you. You can no longer distinguish right from wrong. It all seems as if you're reading out of a book or watching a movie. Life becomes a place where you're simply a character, and no matter what happens, nothing has real consequences. After all, it's all make believe... right?

That's when it takes a few steps further.

You become a ghost, oblivious to anything and everything that is real. Insanity becomes your constant company, and after a while, you hardly notice it's there. You have left your old soul for a new...

Imagination

Imagination is a dangerous thing. It can own you and drive you to do things you would never do. Don't get me wrong, imagination is excellent to possess. But it must be controlled; kept on a leash and cared for. If you're not careful, you can get lost in the labyrinth of your own thoughts, where reality is a dream. Fantasy becomes the new reality, and it begins to control you. You can no longer distinguish right from wrong. It all seems as if you're reading out of a book or watching a movie. Life becomes a place where you're simply a character, and no matter what happens, nothing has real consequences. After all, it's all make believe... right?

You become a ghost, oblivious to anything and everything that is real. Insanity becomes your constant company, and after a while, you hardly notice it's there. You have left your old...

Imagination

Imagination is a dangerous thing. It can own you and drive you to do things you would never do. Don't get me wrong, imagination is excellent to possess. But it must be controlled; kept on a leash. If you're not careful, you can get lost in the labyrinth of your own thoughts, where reality is a dream. Fantasy becomes the new reality, and it begins to control you. You can no longer distinguish right from wrong. It all seems as if you're reading out of a book or watching a movie. Life becomes a place where you're simply a character, and no matter what happens, nothing has real consequences. After all, it's all make believe... right?

That's when you snap.

You become a ghost, oblivious to anything and everything that is real. Insanity becomes your constant company, and after a while, you hardly notice it's there. You have left your old soul for a new one, one of...

Turned to Stone

Labyrinth

Carefully, I wade deeper into the water. It laps up on the side of the cave like wine in a glass. The undertow tries to suck me to my grave, causing me to feel heavier under the pack which I carry on my back. Despite this, I know what I came here to do and I will not turn back, though the tide is rising steadily.
    As I begin to tire, I hear a single note from deep inside the cave. I listen closely. It starts out softly, like a lullaby. After a few seconds, it bursts into full melody. It is angelic and mysterious and terrible and wonderful; just like Alexander warned me. It sounds like a thousand voices, yet at the same time it only sounds like one. I cringe and strain to continue on. The water is now up to my waist. Something as silly as sirens will not stop me from obtaining...

Lyrics Unsung

Better Together-Jack Johnson

I never noticed how alive I feel when I'm with her. It seems every other care I have dissolves into nothing. Reality seems a faraway place when we talk. She's so mysterious, yet still an open book. I love the way she makes me feel like a somebody, even when I think I'm a nobody. She makes my days worth living, which is something I've never felt before. I think of her in every waking moment. Without her, I am nothing.

I guess you could say that things are just better when we're together.

Marci Goodwin's 28 Likes

Winkle and the Window by Laika

Published 4 months ago

Writer's Block by MG Cowan

Published 4 months ago

t h a n a t o s by Lillian Casillas

Published 4 months ago

Fantasy by CCWinters

Published 4 months ago

To See Through Walls by M. Elyse Lynch

Published 4 months ago

Thunderstorm by MG Cowan

Published 5 months ago

And Then She Went Away by ARS7

Published 5 months ago

It by Jasmine_K

Published 5 months ago

The living ocean deep by Rosie

Published 5 months ago

I Saw It by Batman15

Published 5 months ago

My Week With The Freezer by deadcellist

Published 5 months ago

"We are one." by KayDee

Published 5 months ago

The Library by Angharad.Writes

Published 5 months ago

The Little Shop of Horrors by Harper O'Dell

Published 5 months ago

The Irony of the World by Logannb1

Published 5 months ago

Erase by Harper O'Dell

Published 5 months ago

Anxiety - Crossing by Isla-Grace Davies

Published 5 months ago

Towards the Light by Puddleduck

Published 5 months ago

Heart Beat by Harper O'Dell

Published 5 months ago

The First Cut by Harper O'Dell

Published 5 months ago

Star Dust by Riley Noel

Published 5 months ago

Kitchen by Riley Noel

Published 5 months ago

2 Princesses and 2 Princes by Riley Noel

Published 5 months ago

My Hyacinth by Angelina Nguyen

Published 5 months ago

10 Likes from Others

Moth

Liked by 1 person

Moon

Liked by 1 person

Clouds

Liked by 3 people

Mockingbird

Liked by 1 person

Finding Yourself

Liked by 2 people

The Little Black Box

Liked by 1 person

Imagination

Liked by 4 people

My Midnight Mission

Liked by 2 people

Labyrinth

Liked by 1 person

Imagination

Liked by 1 person

Good neighbor

We like your photo and your biography.

Earned 5 months ago

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned 5 months ago

Follower

You're following over five other writers.

Earned 5 months ago

Supporter

You're following over 10 other writers right now.

Earned 5 months ago

Admirer

You've followed over twenty other writers!

Earned 5 months ago

Leader

You're being followed by over five other writers!

Earned 5 months ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned 5 months ago

Prolific

You really are prolific - you've published over ten pieces already.

Earned 5 months ago

Favoriter

Love your work - you've read and favorited over ten pieces published by others

Earned 5 months ago

Reviewer

You've reviewed!

Earned 5 months ago

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Competitor inactive

It's as easy as entering a competition to earn this badge.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Patron inactive

Become a patron of writers - follow over thirty of them.

Popular penman inactive

Get over ten favorites for your work to become a Popular Penner.

Power writer inactive

Keep going! Write over ten thousand words and you'll be a Power Writer.

Pro reviewer inactive

Submit over five reviews and get that Pro Reviewer feeling.

Super star inactive

Get your writing career glittering with more than thirty followers.

Top critic inactive

Submit over fifteen reviews and you'll be a top critic.