1df6ab96169ecd02884c001ba0b1712e

eliska22

I want to write stuff and get better at it, so here I am. I enjoy reading, writing, editing and developing concepts. I have an obsession with dragons and a love for the world of fantasy and magic.

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

1df6ab96169ecd02884c001ba0b1712e
20917110 1654395214584648 1856590910 n %282%29

eliska22 (Australia) started following Alan Is My Toe, Kay? (Australia)

1df6ab96169ecd02884c001ba0b1712e

eliska22 (Australia) published:

Of Truth and Lies

PROMPT: Truths and Untruths

True is the world,
Yet the world is a lie,
For horrors unknown hide here.
True is my heart,
However, it is deceptive, 
As it is challenging to keep.
True are good intentions,
But they are false,
Often exploited.
True to us are our own eyes
Eyes that obscure,
For we are blind.

Seeking Peer Reviews

1df6ab96169ecd02884c001ba0b1712e
Img 20161024 225641

eliska22 (Australia) started following Vanilla (India)

1df6ab96169ecd02884c001ba0b1712e
Top critic

eliska22 (Australia) earned a badge Top Critic

1df6ab96169ecd02884c001ba0b1712e

eliska22 (Australia) reviewed:

Dear Mr. Trump

Pretty good, just a couple issues with sentence structure. I can tell you wrote this passionately. XD Good job, can't wait to read the rest.

1df6ab96169ecd02884c001ba0b1712e

eliska22 (Australia) reviewed:

the curse of infatuation

Very lovely poem. Just needs a few touch ups with the punctuation and capitals. Overall, it is a very good piece with a good usage of literary devices. Keep writing! :D

1df6ab96169ecd02884c001ba0b1712e

eliska22 (Australia) reviewed:

The storm that woke me up at 3 in the morning

It's a very good poem :D I like the concept behind it. You only need to fix tiny bits and pieces, like those forgotten full stops. Keep Writing! :)

1df6ab96169ecd02884c001ba0b1712e
1
1

eliska22 (Australia) published:

On The Ice

PROMPT: Your World in Three Senses

It all begins with the feeling of ice in your lungs, and the chill rushing over your skin and clothes. Footsteps transforming into smooth gliding slices that cut into a surface so white and algid. Every exhale, a billowing cloud as the cold encompasses this world of yours and of mine. The light is bright, but gentle on the eyes as movement, free of friction, is what blinds us here. Gushes of air threaten to disbalance those unsteady on their...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1df6ab96169ecd02884c001ba0b1712e

eliska22 (Australia) published:

Helium

PROMPT: Writing Small

Miniscule and negative they orbit, repelled by the positivity of the compacted core. A nucleus, comprised of two protons, buzzing with the forces of positivity, accompanied by two neutrons, submissive and unreactive to the flow of energy around them. The electrons, afraid to approach, race around the nucleus with stability.

Seeking Peer Reviews

1df6ab96169ecd02884c001ba0b1712e

eliska22 (Australia) reviewed:

1817

PROMPT: Two Hundred Years Ago

This is a very good story and you use imagery very effectively. Detailed regarding language and culture, which is very good. I highly recommend a different title (one that gives an insight into what this story is about) if you...

Truths and Untruths

Of Truth and Lies

True is the world,
Yet the world is a lie,
For horrors unknown hide here.
True is my heart,
However, it is deceptive, 
As it is challenging to keep.
True are good intentions,
But they are false,
Often exploited.
True to us are our own eyes
Eyes that obscure,
For we are blind.

Your World in Three Senses

On The Ice

It all begins with the feeling of ice in your lungs, and the chill rushing over your skin and clothes. Footsteps transforming into smooth gliding slices that cut into a surface so white and algid. Every exhale, a billowing cloud as the cold encompasses this world of yours and of mine. The light is bright, but gentle on the eyes as movement, free of friction, is what blinds us here. Gushes of air threaten to disbalance those unsteady on their feet, as the experienced ones dash past in a frenzy. Desperation, to move, to skate, to fly, consume my being as this world, lacking warmth and fire, heats my soul. The scent of this heavenly place you may mistake for heaven upon first glance does not exist, and instead, is filled with the scents of effort and effortless speed and grace. Grace in those whose skates display teeth, and speed in those whose skates lack teeth, yet have length or...

Writing Small

Helium

Songwriting Competition

Bring It Back

Poison flows into my ears.
Creativity disappears, like melting snow.
Everybody's singing monotone.
No feelings, no spirit, no emotion to be shown.
My soul is screaming, screaming, not to let it go.

Bring back my stride,
Retribution denied.
Bring me back, bring me back to how it's supposed to be.
Bring it back, bring it back to how it's supposed to be.
DON'T MAKE ME LISTEN TO THIS TRASH!

With their voices lifeless
Our generation burns
Smothered in falsified words.
Objectifying, objectifying. 
I can't let this go.
The world needs to know.

Bring back my stride,
Retribution denied.
DON'T MAKE ME LISTEN TO THIS TRASH!

The future is murdering my ears,
Hope lost through these young years.
Hypnotised, hypnotised.
The past is receding,
My eyes are bleeding.
No meaning, no meaning.

Bring back my stride,
Retribution...

Songwriting Competition

Bring It Back

Poison flows into my ears.
Everybody's singing monotone.

Bring back my stride,
Retribution denied.
DON'T MAKE ME LISTEN TO THIS TRASH!

With their voices lifeless
Our generation burns
Smothered in falsified words.
Objectifying, objectifying. 
I can't let this go.
The world needs to know.

Bring back my stride,
Retribution denied.
DON'T MAKE ME LISTEN TO THIS TRASH!

The future is murdering my ears,
Hope lost through these young years.
Hypnotised, hypnotised.
The past is receding,
My eyes are bleeding.
No meaning, no meaning.

Bring back my stride,
Retribution...

Headless

A face contorted into a gruesome scowl rolls across the dust settled on wooden floorboards. A slow steady drip begins, breaking the silence of the dark room. Within the pitch black, hands fumble at their neck, confused in their search for a vital body part. That vital body part which is now rolling across the floor.
 "You won't be needing this, will you, Headless?" hisses a mocking male voice from within the darkness, an everlasting darkness for the figure lacking the weight of a head upon his neck. The man ungracefully grasps the head's hair before tossing it across the large empty room. A dull splat and thud rebound through the atmosphere. Hands grasp at their throat, searching for a voice only to find a wet stump. Headless shuffles forwards, air wheezing through his throat. Why won't he die?
"Such a sorry sight!" exclaims a woman, audibly dissatisfied by what she sees. "And you call this entertainment? What kind...

Creature View

The Innocent's Terror

Small black eyes peer out from the comfort of darkness. Outside, all was silent, apart from the vicious prolonged howls under the shadow of moonlight. A slight shiver travels down the rodents furry nape. Nothing could destroy its strong humble abode, and yet its teeth chitter, discomforted by the eerie night. Ignoring the silence cast down on the world, the rodent rips at the grass, gaining assurance from the green juices running down its fluffy chin. Suddenly, the rodent pauses, frozen in place. Low hungry growls resonate through the pale black landscape, drawing near. The rodents puny heart clatters nervously around its chest, inhaling quick short breaths of the cool nights air. Slowly, the soft padding of paws come closer. The rodent, at full alertness, remains still as the beasts rasping breaths tickle its twitching nose. But the rodents house was an impregnable fortress of steel and wood, no beast could possibly break in. The rodents round dark eyes glance...

Synchronized Sounds

Monday Mornings

Monday mornings enticingly enchant simple souls which wait for fortune to travel by, beguilingly picking pockets as animals emerge encased with warmth. Unbelievably, unsatisfied yammering youths lack love for fantastic Monday mornings, harbouring hate towards the pending pain to take place. Perhaps, the tranquility fortified for weekends would be better preciously preserved if irritating Monday mornings aren't approved for fatiguing evil education.  

The Flow

Cascading, enveloped, I am submerged.
No sight, no voice, no sound, only the silence and the flow.
The flow dances enticingly across my paper, unrestricted by the edges;
The flow playfully tugs at my hand, asking for order.
Freedom to flow; ink stains my palms and my eyes
As the sky full of letters, words and phrases falls,
Down into the very book I hold with shaking hands.
Images of the past wash over, the flow claiming, forming, rising...
The gentle tug at my mind, it guides me,
Evolving, growing, invigorating the expanse in my head.

Yee

Within a single moment, I was struck with awe as the little dinosaur on my screen sang it's tune. The scene, unmoving, only the mouth singing away. Just as suddenly as the video had begun, a new dinosaur was on-screen, plainly stating the glorious phrase of "Yee!"

Creature View

The Innocent's Terror

eliska22's 2 Likes

Be You by The Kawaii Neko

Published 4 months ago

The man who threw yellow soap by anshi11234

Published 4 months ago

1 Likes from Others

On The Ice

Liked by 1 person

Good neighbor

We like your photo and your biography.

Earned 6 months ago

Pro reviewer

You've now submitted over five reviews!

Earned 6 months ago

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned 6 months ago

Follower

You're following over five other writers.

Earned 6 months ago

Supporter

You're following over 10 other writers right now.

Earned 4 months ago

Leader

You're being followed by over five other writers!

Earned 5 months ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned 6 months ago

Reviewer

You've reviewed!

Earned 6 months ago

Top critic

Woohoo. You've submitted over fifteen reviews.

Earned 2 months ago

Competitor

Thanks for entering a competition.

Earned 4 months ago

Admirer inactive

Follow over twenty other writers to become an admirer!

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Favoriter inactive

Get favoriting - read and favorite over ten pieces published by others to earn this badge.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Patron inactive

Become a patron of writers - follow over thirty of them.

Popular penman inactive

Get over ten favorites for your work to become a Popular Penner.

Power writer inactive

Keep going! Write over ten thousand words and you'll be a Power Writer.

Prolific inactive

Publish over ten different pieces to be truly prolific!

Super star inactive

Get your writing career glittering with more than thirty followers.