Screen shot 2017 05 19 at 10.55.33 pm

Serendipity

Well, I guess I like to write stories about things and long story short, this is not a very good biography, don't you agree? :)

Oh hello! I see that you have either a) accidentally stumbled upon my humbled profile (ah, the joys of rhyming), or b) wanted to see what on earth my writing pieces were about. Either way, I take writing not just as a way to pass the long, tedious hours that make up my spare time, but as an escape to put all of my ideas that brew up inside of my head out there as what I guess you could call 'art' or 'the random text that contains random things'. Enjoy!

Screen shot 2017 05 19 at 10.55.33 pm
1

Serendipity (Australia) published:

One Final Chance

PROMPT: On the Last Day of the World

If I were to encounter a foe such as the last day of the world, 
I would do nothing fancy. All I would yearn for is the one final chance to fix our mistakes. 
Change our decisions, clean up the turmoil that was left behind with arrogance,
Speak only veracity and come clean - release the cap on the bottle of our emotions
To let it drench the world which was once ours.
Before it is taken away, along with our...

Screen shot 2017 05 19 at 10.55.33 pm
Prolific

Serendipity (Australia) earned a badge Prolific

Screen shot 2017 05 19 at 10.55.33 pm
1
1

Serendipity (Australia) published:

The War

PROMPT: The Art of Specificity

1 : 
She didn't think it was fair - she knew it wasn't fair. 

2 :

She didn't think it was fair - she knew it wasn't fair. She knew it wasn't fair that they sent her father away to risk his life for the cruel country she lived in. She knew it wasn't fair that instead of a bedtime kiss from him, she would be constantly in anguish over when he would come back. If he would come back.
...

Screen shot 2017 05 19 at 10.55.33 pm

Serendipity (Australia) published:

The Snapshot

PROMPT: Flash Autobiography

As I sat down on the crisp, cool rug of green grass that lay beneath me, all seemed jovial. I was with my baby brother who was a bubbly young soul and much more adventurous than me. He ran everywhere and tried to eat everything that he could shove into his diminutive yet smiling mouth, while I preferred to lay against the old oak tree whose kind was speckled across the rolling fields and hills. As I immersed myself into...

Screen shot 2017 05 19 at 10.55.33 pm

Serendipity (Australia) published:

Silence

PROMPT: Dialogue Dexterity

"Oh. It's you again." These are the words that greet me as I enter the aseptic, torpid room. 
"Peri," I said. "How could I leave you in this state after all you've done for me?" 
"Save your sorrow, tenuous messages, and come, sit down". Even after being plastered into a human statue, her wit and speech were as sharp as ever. "I don't know why I deserved this 'gift' from fate, but it sure has put a stop to my life. I...

Screen shot 2017 05 19 at 10.55.33 pm
1

Serendipity (Australia) published:

Audeamus

PROMPT: Two Hundred Years Ago

Silence. This impeccable noise is the only thing I hear as my gaze slowly rises to the roof. Nothing quite scenic, as a result of its shoddy assembly. Holes speckle the grey, dusty surface and the paint that once revived the place slowly curls up in anguish, falling to the ground like fresh snowflakes. Everyone expected the owner of this place to dutifully renovate it, as it had been passed down from generation to generation in a nice fettle, from...

Screen shot 2017 05 19 at 10.55.33 pm
Leader

Serendipity (Australia) earned a badge Leader

Screen shot 2017 05 19 at 10.55.33 pm
5

Serendipity (Australia) published:

The Matchstick

PROMPT: Writing Small

As I wander, I contemplate the facts that I have compiled to date. The mansion was once a highly cherished possession, yet it is now a derelict predicament. But out of my eye, I see something peculiar. ‘This is it, gentlemen,’ I whisper as I hold up a withered matchstick…

Seeking Peer Reviews

Screen shot 2017 05 19 at 10.55.33 pm

Serendipity (Australia) published:

What We Call Home

PROMPT: Your World in Three Senses

1. The sky illuminates at night with nature's league, all acting in strict unison. A dark blanket covers everyone overhead, concealing and preserving the freshness and viridity of the crisp, winter night. Each and every blade of pure emerald grass lays to sleep under a coat of dew, bedaubed with droplets of the finest crystal spheres which sit perfectly, leaving no trace of its existence anywhere else. The plain fields that were once chewed by eager cows now stretch as...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Screen shot 2017 05 19 at 10.55.33 pm

Serendipity (Australia) published:

Paradise

The almighty crash of aggravated waves meeting the crystal-like white sand, the gentle coo of bleached white seagulls with tinges of a shiny grey streaked across their wings, the commotion of the innumerable palms, their fronds rustling together as they sway to and fro in a concise, steady beat. Never had I thought that such a merciless and remorseless job like mine would take me to this isolated paradise. A place where nothing could penetrate its boundaries and disrupt the prepossessing...

Seeking Peer Reviews

On the Last Day of the World

One Final Chance

Before it is taken away, along with our lives which deep down we known had so much potential. 
Before we hang up our coats that encased our amazing souls for the last time.
Before we say our final goodbyes and hold loved ones close and cry.
All of this on the last day of the world... 

The Art of Specificity

The War

1 : 

2 :

3 : 
She didn't think it was fair - she knew it wasn't fair. She knew it wasn't fair that they sent her father away to risk his life for the cruel country she lived in. She knew it wasn't fair that instead of a bedtime kiss from him, she would be constantly in anguish over when he would come back. If he would come back. Her mother desperately tried to ease her pain, cradling her in her tender, loving...

Flash Autobiography

The Snapshot

As I sat down on the crisp, cool rug of green grass that lay beneath me, all seemed jovial. I was with my baby brother who was a bubbly young soul and much more adventurous than me. He ran everywhere and tried to eat everything that he could shove into his diminutive yet smiling mouth, while I preferred to lay against the old oak tree whose kind was speckled across the rolling fields and hills. As I immersed myself into the wonderful world of literature in the form of a book, I was oblivious to anything else around me but I always kept an eye on the energetic baby who unfortunately had no success in trying to eat his own shoe. I laughed. He smiled. But what I thought was a harmless laugh had serious repercussions to the world around me. 

My brother started to crawl my way so he could snuggle next to me, seeing how happy I was,...

Dialogue Dexterity

Silence

"Save your sorrow, tenuous messages, and come, sit down". Even after being plastered into a human statue, her wit and speech were as sharp as ever. "I don't know why I deserved this 'gift' from fate, but it sure has put a stop to my life. I mean I can barely  feel my face or arms or legs and not being mobile really adds to the whole 'being hit by a speeding-' She stops mid sentence, unable to choke out the last few words as she rode a wave of remembrance. 
"Peri?" I asked, staring at her watering eyes.
"The lights, the bitumen, the truck, the screams and... And you," she said, her eyes widening with pain. "Now look at me, look at me in this state....

Two Hundred Years Ago

Audeamus

Silence. This impeccable noise is the only thing I hear as my gaze slowly rises to the roof. Nothing quite scenic, as a result of its shoddy assembly. Holes speckle the grey, dusty surface and the paint that once revived the place slowly curls up in anguish, falling to the ground like fresh snowflakes. Everyone expected the owner of this place to dutifully renovate it, as it had been passed down from generation to generation in a nice fettle, from family member to family member and so on. What many don't realise though is that although I could create this home into a beautiful palace with all my grand assets, I must reserve them for more important matters, like an emergency escape from my enemies. Either way, the decrepit state of my house is peculiarly comforting, bringing back moments of my childhood. Never would I have planned to be where I am now.

My family name has quite a profound...

Writing Small

The Matchstick

Your World in Three Senses

What We Call Home

1. The sky illuminates at night with nature's league, all acting in strict unison. A dark blanket covers everyone overhead, concealing and preserving the freshness and viridity of the crisp, winter night. Each and every blade of pure emerald grass lays to sleep under a coat of dew, bedaubed with droplets of the finest crystal spheres which sit perfectly, leaving no trace of its existence anywhere else. The plain fields that were once chewed by eager cows now stretch as far as the eye can see, as if it is a sea of organic beauty. The moon sneaks out of a veil of cloud too, and shines like an incandescent halogen lightbulb to show the living world the way of the night. 

As the sun slowly sets over the intimidating, overpowering towers still buzzing with true business of a dominating company ready to seize global power, it is barely given a goodbye to see its way off to the other hemisphere. Here, no...

Paradise

The almighty crash of aggravated waves meeting the crystal-like white sand, the gentle coo of bleached white seagulls with tinges of a shiny grey streaked across their wings, the commotion of the innumerable palms, their fronds rustling together as they sway to and fro in a concise, steady beat. Never had I thought that such a merciless and remorseless job like mine would take me to this isolated paradise. A place where nothing could penetrate its boundaries and disrupt the prepossessing harmony that nature had provided. As I sit on the beach, my thoughts drift away and I find myself envisaging what the future may hold for a petite individual that has caused so much chaos in this already disorderly but anomalously satisfying world such as myself. The thunderous crashing of waves has gradually subsided, allowing me to fully enjoy the serenity of this secluded palace. The sun rays are not harsh, but just a lovely amount which does not force...

Zoom Out

The Seven of Us

As I trudge down the melancholy street, the dwindling sound of a siren screeching with the unstoppable will to capture young, thrilled thieves and the commotion of sundry voices in a somewhat legato harmony fill the stifling night air. I feel like a wounded soldier desperately and scarcely making the trip back to their home. That courageous soldier may have made it back to a medical tent, with tender, caring hands waiting to address their wounds, but I feel a prickle of sadness when I realise that I won't have the same outcome as that soldier. I finally reach the ramshackle elevator, the portal to my despair. The number 27 illuminates as I press it with some force so it operates properly, and the elevator creaks with each diminutive move that is made. Finally, the rusted metal doors open with trouble and I slump into my dilapidated chair to enter my intense relaxation period, which on average lasts for about...

Blank Pages

Here it is. I thought nothing of it at the time, but now it just stares at me blankly with no expression drawn across its wide, grainy face. This piece of paper could become anything I want it to - a memoir of some three-year-old's adventures, a page of nothing but inked letters explaining the effects of anything or a beautiful crane that will be cherished until its untimely demise in the recycle bin. The longer I stare at it, more of its characteristics are shown to make it seem much more daunting than just a piece of dry, mashed up tree pulp. It simply stares at me with a 'make me' menacing type of look, trying to scare off any ideas of creation. 

I shake my head, my imagination is getting the better of me again. It's just some paper. I tell myself to stop procrastinating and pick up a нв pencil. Should simple doodles fill this page or...

Turned to Stone

Closer...

I stood there, in a state of pure shock. How did it find me, I was sure that it would fall for my quite deceptive trap, I ask myself. Nevertheless, it towered in front of me, making me feel as if I was a tiny, pathetic bug. I could hear its mechanical eyes whirring inside its thick, metal skull as it lunged toward me ever so slightly. It brought forward a metal skeletal hand, which looked more like a dull brown in the moonlight, attempting to touch my face in a gesture of longing. As the icy phalanges of his hand skim my face, I smash it back into its chest and try to run away to anywhere. Anywhere but here. As my feet crunch into the fresh snow blanket that lay here beneath me, the whirring of the metal man becomes much more aggressive and I hear his feet bound behind me. The screams that escape my mouth aren't...

Turned to Stone

Closer...

I stood there, in a state of pure shock. How did it find me, I was sure that it would fall for my quite deceptive trap, I ask myself. Nevertheless, it towered in front of me, making me feel as if I was a tiny, pathetic bug. I could hear its mechanical eyes whirring inside its thick, metal skull as it lunged toward me ever so slightly. It brought forward a metal skeletal hand, which looked more like a dull brown in the moonlight, attempting to touch my face in a gesture of longing. As the icy phalanges of his hand skimmed my face, I smash it back into its chest and try to run away. Anywhere but here. As my feet crunch into the fresh snow blanket that lay here beneath me, the whirring of the metal man becomes much more aggressive and I hear his feet bounce behind me. The screams that escape my mouth aren't really screams...

Living Locales

The Darkness of the Concrete Jungle

As I twist my neck around to absorb my surroundings, a sudden wave of reality hits as icy and startling as the concrete floor of which my feet are firmly rooted to. Yet the dismal buildings and roads that everyone in this district sees are not quite what I sense. I can feel the recently cleaned windows stalk my every move as if they are not just inantimate panes - they are really the many immaculate eyes of what may appear to be buildings, but are actually forlorn faces of this concrete jungle. Each eye shows a different expression, like the anxiety of a young business man about to immerse himself into this cruel, harsh yet peculiarly rewarding society, the adrenaline of a young assistant sent out on a mission to get her boss a latte with no sugars, or the arrogant shouts of a manager confronted with quite penitent news.   Next, I hear the raucous melange of taxis...

No Likes Yet

Serendipity doesn't have any likes yet.

6 Likes from Others

One Final Chance

Liked by 1 person

The War

Liked by 1 person

Audeamus

Liked by 1 person

The Matchstick

Liked by 5 people

The Seven of Us

Liked by 1 person

Good neighbor

We like your photo and your biography.

Earned 6 months ago

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned 6 months ago

Leader

You're being followed by over five other writers!

Earned 4 months ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned 6 months ago

Prolific

You really are prolific - you've published over ten pieces already.

Earned about 1 month ago

Admirer inactive

Follow over twenty other writers to become an admirer!

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Competitor inactive

It's as easy as entering a competition to earn this badge.

Favoriter inactive

Get favoriting - read and favorite over ten pieces published by others to earn this badge.

Follower inactive

Follow over five other writers and you'll get a badge for your efforts.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Patron inactive

Become a patron of writers - follow over thirty of them.

Popular penman inactive

Get over ten favorites for your work to become a Popular Penner.

Power writer inactive

Keep going! Write over ten thousand words and you'll be a Power Writer.

Pro reviewer inactive

Submit over five reviews and get that Pro Reviewer feeling.

Reviewer inactive

Just write and submit a review to become a reviewer. Get to it!

Super star inactive

Get your writing career glittering with more than thirty followers.

Supporter inactive

Get supportive. Follow over ten other writers and get a badge too.

Top critic inactive

Submit over fifteen reviews and you'll be a top critic.

Serendipity isn't following anyone yet.