Screen shot 2017 05 19 at 10.55.33 pm

Serendipity

Well, I guess I like to write stories about things and long story short, this is not a very good biography, don't you agree? :)

Oh hello! I see that you have either a) accidentally stumbled upon my humbled profile (ah, the joys of rhyming), or b) wanted to see what on earth my writing pieces were about. Either way, I take writing not just as a way to pass the long, tedious hours that make up my spare time, but as an escape to put all of my ideas that brew up inside of my head out there as what I guess you could call 'art' or 'the random text that contains random things'. Enjoy!

Screen shot 2017 05 19 at 10.55.33 pm

Serendipity (Australia) published:

Blank Pages

Here it is. I thought nothing of it at the time, but now it just stares at me blankly with no expression drawn across its wide, grainy face. This piece of paper could become anything I want it to - a memoir of some three-year-old's adventures, a page of nothing but inked letters explaining the effects of anything or a beautiful crane that will be cherished until its untimely demise in the recycle bin. The longer I stare at it,...

Screen shot 2017 05 19 at 10.55.33 pm
Self editor

Serendipity (Australia) earned a badge Self-Editor

Screen shot 2017 05 19 at 10.55.33 pm

Serendipity (Australia) published:

Closer...

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

I stood there, in a state of pure shock. How did it find me, I was sure that it would fall for my quite deceptive trap, I ask myself. Nevertheless, it towered in front of me, making me feel as if I was a tiny, pathetic bug. I could hear its mechanical eyes whirring inside its thick, metal skull as it lunged toward me ever so slightly. It brought forward a metal skeletal hand, which looked more like a dull...

Screen shot 2017 05 19 at 10.55.33 pm

Serendipity (Australia) published:

Closer...

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

Screen shot 2017 05 19 at 10.55.33 pm
Good neighbor

Serendipity (Australia) earned a badge Good Neighbor

Screen shot 2017 05 19 at 10.55.33 pm
Publisher

Serendipity (Australia) earned a badge Publisher

Screen shot 2017 05 19 at 10.55.33 pm
1

Serendipity (Australia) published:

The Darkness of the Concrete Jungle

PROMPT: Living Locales

As I twist my neck around to absorb my surroundings, a sudden wave of reality hits as icy and startling as the concrete floor of which my feet are firmly rooted to. Yet the dismal buildings and roads that everyone in this district sees are not quite what I sense. I can feel the recently cleaned windows stalk my every move as if they are not just inantimate panes - they are really the many immaculate eyes of what may...

Blank Pages

Here it is. I thought nothing of it at the time, but now it just stares at me blankly with no expression drawn across its wide, grainy face. This piece of paper could become anything I want it to - a memoir of some three-year-old's adventures, a page of nothing but inked letters explaining the effects of anything or a beautiful crane that will be cherished until its untimely demise in the recycle bin. The longer I stare at it, more of its characteristics are shown to make it seem much more daunting than just a piece of dry, mashed up tree pulp. It simply stares at me with a 'make me' menacing type of look, trying to scare off any ideas of creation. 

I shake my head, my imagination is getting the better of me again. It's just some paper. I tell myself to stop procrastinating and pick up a нв pencil. Should simple doodles fill this page or...

Turned to Stone

Closer...

I stood there, in a state of pure shock. How did it find me, I was sure that it would fall for my quite deceptive trap, I ask myself. Nevertheless, it towered in front of me, making me feel as if I was a tiny, pathetic bug. I could hear its mechanical eyes whirring inside its thick, metal skull as it lunged toward me ever so slightly. It brought forward a metal skeletal hand, which looked more like a dull brown in the moonlight, attempting to touch my face in a gesture of longing. As the icy phalanges of his hand skim my face, I smash it back into its chest and try to run away to anywhere. Anywhere but here. As my feet crunch into the fresh snow blanket that lay here beneath me, the whirring of the metal man becomes much more aggressive and I hear his feet bound behind me. The screams that escape my mouth aren't...

Turned to Stone

Closer...

I stood there, in a state of pure shock. How did it find me, I was sure that it would fall for my quite deceptive trap, I ask myself. Nevertheless, it towered in front of me, making me feel as if I was a tiny, pathetic bug. I could hear its mechanical eyes whirring inside its thick, metal skull as it lunged toward me ever so slightly. It brought forward a metal skeletal hand, which looked more like a dull brown in the moonlight, attempting to touch my face in a gesture of longing. As the icy phalanges of his hand skimmed my face, I smash it back into its chest and try to run away. Anywhere but here. As my feet crunch into the fresh snow blanket that lay here beneath me, the whirring of the metal man becomes much more aggressive and I hear his feet bounce behind me. The screams that escape my mouth aren't really screams...

Living Locales

The Darkness of the Concrete Jungle

As I twist my neck around to absorb my surroundings, a sudden wave of reality hits as icy and startling as the concrete floor of which my feet are firmly rooted to. Yet the dismal buildings and roads that everyone in this district sees are not quite what I sense. I can feel the recently cleaned windows stalk my every move as if they are not just inantimate panes - they are really the many immaculate eyes of what may appear to be buildings, but are actually forlorn faces of this concrete jungle. Each eye shows a different expression, like the anxiety of a young business man about to immerse himself into this cruel, harsh yet peculiarly rewarding society, the adrenaline of a young assistant sent out on a mission to get her boss a latte with no sugars, or the arrogant shouts of a manager confronted with quite penitent news.   Next, I hear the raucous melange of taxis...

No Likes Yet

Serendipity doesn't have any likes yet.

1 Likes from Others

Good neighbor

We like your photo and your biography.

Earned 10 days ago

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned 10 days ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned 10 days ago

Admirer inactive

Follow over twenty other writers to become an admirer!

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Competitor inactive

It's as easy as entering a competition to earn this badge.

Favoriter inactive

Get favoriting - read and favorite over ten pieces published by others to earn this badge.

Follower inactive

Follow over five other writers and you'll get a badge for your efforts.

Leader inactive

Become a leader of the pack when over five other writers start following you.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Patron inactive

Become a patron of writers - follow over thirty of them.

Popular penman inactive

Get over ten favorites for your work to become a Popular Penner.

Power writer inactive

Keep going! Write over ten thousand words and you'll be a Power Writer.

Pro reviewer inactive

Submit over five reviews and get that Pro Reviewer feeling.

Prolific inactive

Publish over ten different pieces to be truly prolific!

Reviewer inactive

Just write and submit a review to become a reviewer. Get to it!

Super star inactive

Get your writing career glittering with more than thirty followers.

Supporter inactive

Get supportive. Follow over ten other writers and get a badge too.

Top critic inactive

Submit over fifteen reviews and you'll be a top critic.

Serendipity doesn't have any followers yet.

Serendipity isn't following anyone yet.