74453

Raven Salvers

I am 17 and am an amateur writer for fun. One problem I have though is when I create something I like, I try to turn it into a book... now... several unfinished books later, I am still going!! :) I hope you like what you see and if you do don't forget to click the all important star in the corner so I know!!!

74453

Raven Salvers (United States) published:

Red Dawn

“Look,” her father said as he pointed towards the horizon. Above her, stars still glittered in an inky blue sky, mapping out the constellations she and her father had gotten up so early to look at. A cool breeze wandered over the grassy hill, causing the trees around them to whisper softly to one another. She peered at the horizon and the first rays of dawn beginning to unfurl from the sun’s brightly colored skirts. She stared at the sky...

Seeking Peer Reviews

74453
Default avatar user icon

Raven Salvers (United States) started following Elena R. (United States)

74453
Supporter

Raven Salvers (United States) earned a badge Supporter

74453

When True History Speaks, It is Seldom Censored

When true history speaks, it is seldom censored​. The boy had been to several museums in all of his six years, but every one of them had been the same. People jostled each other in order to get a better view of different dusty pieces of artwork or historical trinkets. His mother stood next to him, a familiar face in the sea of strangers. The soft conversations that carried on around him blended together into a constant buzz. He could...

Seeking Peer Reviews

74453

Like a Dream

Today is a day for the past
Today is a day for now
Today is a day to be with friends
Today is a day to be blissfully alone

Today is a perfect day

Today is a day for sun
Today is a day for shade
Today is a day for creativity 
Today is a like a dream

Today is a perfect day 

Seeking Peer Reviews

74453
1

The Broken Bandit

I watch from afar, the dancing of the wealthy. Their silks and bright colors, their clean faces and perfect well kept hair. I laugh softly, I am so unlike them. My long dark dirty hair, grimy face, and dirty fingernails to name a few. My black pants are covered in dust. My loose white shirt now stained rust red. A leather corset on the outside of my shirt to protect me when I fought other street rats. Open fingered leather...

Seeking Peer Reviews

74453
1

Hunted

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2016

A young woman’s file is spread out on the desk. In all the photos she is in mid air, her dark hair in a tight bun and whearing a grey morph suit. There are sometimes other people in the photos, but they have been crossed out with a large red X. Her freedom seems to elate her. I close the file and see in bold letters TARGET #1. “Are their others,” I ask in my deep voice.”There were,” the other...

Seeking Peer Reviews

74453
Img 0289

Raven Salvers (United States) started following Pancho (Mexico)

74453
Leader

Raven Salvers (United States) earned a badge Leader

74453

The Crimson Revenge

PROMPT: Historical Fiction Competition 2016

I am walking as silently as humanly possible, my heart beating like a drum inside my chest. I breathe deep calming breaths, hoping that my fear will not jeopardize the reason I am here in this dismal place. The air is cold and sharp in the December air, the night sky is cloudy and dark, and the cobbled streets of Whitechapel, England are quiet. Small snow piles decorate the sides of the icy streets that were cleared earlier today. 

My...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Red Dawn

“Look,” her father said as he pointed towards the horizon. Above her, stars still glittered in an inky blue sky, mapping out the constellations she and her father had gotten up so early to look at. A cool breeze wandered over the grassy hill, causing the trees around them to whisper softly to one another. She peered at the horizon and the first rays of dawn beginning to unfurl from the sun’s brightly colored skirts. She stared at the sky in wonder, her father’s arms wrapped tightly around her, protecting her from the morning chill. She watched as the inky blue began to turn a deep crimson and gold. “It’s pretty isn’t it,” her father said. Rem nodded in agreement, but kept her eyes on the sky, taking in the bright colors and committing them to memory.
    After some time, she asked curiously, “Daddy, why is it red?” He didn’t answer immediately, as if he was thinking how best to...

When true history speaks, it is seldom censored​. The boy had been to several museums in all of his six years, but every one of them had been the same. People jostled each other in order to get a better view of different dusty pieces of artwork or historical trinkets. His mother stood next to him, a familiar face in the sea of strangers. The soft conversations that carried on around him blended together into a constant buzz. He could pick out the sound of their tour guide prattling on about an exhibit showcasing the advances in space travel up to modern day. Though it might have been interesting to some, the boy found it boring. Most children his age already knew about the great pioneers of space. They were the heroes who had set the foundations for space travel throughout the galaxy. However, this was old news to him. The boy stifled a yawn as the group began to...

Like a Dream

Today is a day for the past
Today is a day for now
Today is a day to be with friends
Today is a day to be blissfully alone

Today is a perfect day

Today is a day for sun
Today is a day for shade
Today is a day for creativity 
Today is a like a dream

Today is a perfect day 

The Broken Bandit

I watch from afar, the dancing of the wealthy. Their silks and bright colors, their clean faces and perfect well kept hair. I laugh softly, I am so unlike them. My long dark dirty hair, grimy face, and dirty fingernails to name a few. My black pants are covered in dust. My loose white shirt now stained rust red. A leather corset on the outside of my shirt to protect me when I fought other street rats. Open fingered leather gloves that reach my elbows protect my hands and arms. Knee high mud covered leather boots keep my feet dry.

A strange mechanical device made up of gears and other mechanical things that I do not understand is fastened around my left leg that allows me to walk and run. A few years ago, I had gotten in an accident which had paralyzed my left leg. Now this device was the only thing that kept me from having my stupid...

Flash Fiction Competition 2016

Hunted

A young woman’s file is spread out on the desk. In all the photos she is in mid air, her dark hair in a tight bun and whearing a grey morph suit. There are sometimes other people in the photos, but they have been crossed out with a large red X. Her freedom seems to elate her. I close the file and see in bold letters TARGET #1. “Are their others,” I ask in my deep voice.”There were,” the other man replies, “But she is the last.” I nod, loading my pistol as I walk out the door.

Historical Fiction Competition 2016

The Crimson Revenge

My name is Jenny Wilde, and I am a part of The Crimson Revenge. The Crimson Revenge is a secret society that was established fifty years ago to protect the people of England from those who wish to harm the innocent. I joined when I was ten, and now, eight years later, I am one of the best there is. 

My reason for being out tonight is no laughing matter. My partner, Sam is one street over, watching my back. As...

Historical Fiction Competition 2016

The Crimson Revenge

My name is Jenny Wilde, and I am a part of The Crimson Revenge. The Crimson Revenge, or CR for short, is a secret society that was established fifty years ago to protect the people of England from those who wish to harm the innocent. I joined when I was ten, and now, eight years later, I am one of the best there is. My hair is auburn and long, tied back in a braid falling down my back. My eyes are a light brown, like the color of new wood and my skin has been tanned from hours in the sun. All together I look like an average eighteen-year-old, which gives me an advantage.

The air is cold and sharp in the December air, the night sky is cloudy and dark, and the cobbled streets of Whitechapel, England are quiet. Small snow piles decorate the sides of the icy streets that were cleared earlier in the day. I...

My Unseen Family

My father the sun and my mother the moon were introduced by Time, the divine creator of all, during this world's first solar eclipse. From that meeting, my family was created. The Wind, my older brother, Earth, my older sister, and my younger twin siblings Ice and Fire. My brother Wind is the heir to the sky. After my parents are gone, he will rule the sky with his flowing justice and peaceful breeze. My sister Earth is the heir to life. When the world is bare, she will bring out life from nothing and nurture it with a loving embrace. The twins, Fire and Ice, are always battling for control over each other, ice age after heatwave after ice age. Then there is me. I am not like my older brother and sister who are kind and gentle and limited, neither am I like my younger siblings who are violent and warring. I am infinite and I am the...

Forever is Four Months

Four months until I leave the world behind
Four months until I am finally free 
Four months until I can be the real me

The Dark Dragon Chapter 1

Prologue:

He closed his eyes and willed his talent to emerge, his talent to tame the untamable. It came just as he wished it to, landing with a loud noise that shook the very earth underneath his feet. As he stared into the wild beast's eyes, he saw an intelligence that no one else had ever seen. As unusual eyes glittered back at him, he saw light from the full moon reflect off the animal's hard scales. He looked away. The creature was immense, and under his control. He looked the eyes of the living nightmare to men, and commanded it to do his bidding. Then, releasing the creature from his power, he stood and watched as it spread its giant black wings and sored off into the sky. The dragon was free of him for now, but is would still come at his call, the call of its master. As the wind whipped through his hair, a smile slowly...

The Void that is Time

Chapter 1
    Jay was a twenty-one year old college student in Massachusetts. He had graduated highschool at the top in his class with a knack for understanding science, especially physics. When people asked him what he was going to be, he told them that he was going to try and go into the science field. It was not a lie, it just was not the whole truth. In reality, Jay had no idea what he was going to do with his life. He had thought about going back to his home in Tennessee and teach at one of the local schools, but ruled that out because he hated trying to explain things to other people. In all reality, Jay had no idea what he wanted to do with his life. In fact, he was fine just staying in college for the rest of his life, except that college is expensive and what do you do with all...

Everyday Magic

My Friends The Wind and The Sky

I walked in the quiet park with my friends, the wind and the sky. As a child, I had listened to what the wind whispered in my ears, and what the sky showed me in the moving pictures that were the clouds. I was their opposite. My body was of the earth, but my soul was forged from fire. I lifted my hand so that it was only a few inches from my face, willing my soul to show itself. Instantly, a small tongue of flame appeared. Its gentle warmth caressed my fingers as I watched my friend the wind try to snatch it away, causing my soul to flicker but never die. I smiled at the wind, and drew my soul back into my body, letting the flames disappear from my fingertips. The wind laughed, blowing my hair back. I was never alone, my friends were always with me. 

Six-Word Memoir

Rule #1

Live life now, remmember it later

Friendship Narrative Competition 2016

Here and Gone

Jay was walking down the streets of Boston, admiring the giant buildings that seemed to sprout from the earth like enormous plants, when he saw a woman walk by. Jay did not pay much attention to people, but this woman reminded him of someone that was always just a thought away, Ruix. 
    Ruix was the spring to Jay's step, and had helped him persevere through many losses in his family. Jay was three years old when he lost his mother to cancer, leaving him and his much older sister in the care of their very busy father. Two years later when Jay was five, his sister went out with a group of friends. On their way home, they were hit by a drunk driver. Neither his sister nor any of her friends survived the crash. In two years, Jay's life was turned upside down, leaving him scraping for something to hold on to.
   Ruix was Jay's best friend. With her long...

The People of The Night (entire thing that I have written)

A great many years ago, when the Doilérie still lived in peace and there were still a great many of them, there was a girl named Keri. After the disappearance of her parents she was left with a mother and her daughter in the small town of Henna. Keri was different from the rest of the town's people in many ways. First and foremost  she looked nothing like them with her pale skin, grey eyes, and long, dark, black hair that seemed devoid of light. Not only was her appearance different but her personality as well. Keri enjoyed staying indoors during the day, but given the chance, she would stay outside the entire night and only come in at dawnHenna was a small town in the kingdom of Actaea. The King of Actaea did not care much for the outlying villages of his kingdom and left them to govern themselves. Henna, being closed off from many of its neighbors by...

The Summery Christmas

Sung to the tune of jingle bells 

Dashing through the sand
In a bikini and a tan 
Over the dunes we go 
Digging for the clams

It's not snowing here 
And we don't have reindeer 
We enjoy playing in the sand all though the year

Ohhhhh....

Jingle bells jingle bells 
Only in your dreams 
Here were basking in the sun at 70 degrees 
HEY!

Jingle bells jingle bells 
It's that time of year 
You are freezing in your homes but we are tanning here
HEY!

We can see you 
Icy cold and blue 
But if you want to feel the warmth come and join the crew

We have one season here 
Summer through the year 
Sunburns are common but frostbite is nowhere near

Ohhhhh...

Jingle bells jingle bells 
Only in your dreams 
HEY!

Jingle bells jingle bells 
It's that time of year 
You are freezing in your homes but...

Improbable Flavor

The Color Green

The color green is like an unimaginable dish that is both wonderful and disgusting. The color green is like a kiwi, granny smith apple, and lime sauce that has been blended so that anything can be dipped into its enticing flavor. However, there is a darker side to the great, green, glamor that keeps people from trying it. Green also tastes like a moldy cheese, pickled egg, and broccoli paste that is considered a disgusting delicacy. So whether you are eating a delicious desert or a terrible treat, think of the color green, and how it tastes to you.

A Signature Capability

The Dark Dragon

He flourished on a signature capability, his capability to tame the untainable. As he stared into the wild beast's eyes, he saw an intellegence that no one else had ever seen. As dark eyes glittered back at him, he saw light from the full moon glitter off the animal's hard scales. He looked away. The creature was immense, and as he suddenly relized, was under his control. If he wanted to, he could send his monster to do anythign he pleased. He shook his head, that was no the right thing to do to something so rare that it only came about every thousand years. Relecing the creature from his power, he stood and watched as it spred its gient black wings and sored off into the sky. The dragon was free, but is would still come at his call, the call of its master.

Ripple Effect

The Trees

Their silent screams echo as one voice through the earth
The slashing, cutting, ripping of their bodies limb by limb
Smoke and fumes swirling through the air as a single congealed cloud of noxious smells and gasses
Falling, falling, falling to the ground with a crash that shakes the very ground underneath Mother Nature's feet
Forest Logging

Five Novel Titles

My Potential Novel Titles

1. The People Of The Night (<-- in the process of creation)
2. The Message From The Past 
3. Change
4. The Pendant's Shadow 
5. The Truth of Lies

Six-Word Story

Don't Ever Forget

I forgive, but I don't forget.

Fashion Journalism Competition 2015

The Stranger

The street was crowded with people, all who were being themselves in their most creative ways. There was an old man wearing a brand new white baseball cap with a blue rim that cast a shadow over his wrinkled face that was dotted with sunspots. There was a flash of cool colors that whipped past my eyes. Looking around, I spotted a woman who stood out against everyone. Her back, leather, boots reached her knees and had two buckled straps. The lowest strap, near the ankle, went from one side of her foot to the other. The second strap started at the same place as the first but went in an upward diagonal line to the side of the boot facing the crowds around her.

Her pants were simple navy blue jeans that had four pockets, two in the front and two in the back. They were slightly worn and had a small tear in them that implied that she worked...

Poetry

The Old People

Together they danced in a circle, one after the other 
to a music that reaches deep into darkness of the soul 

It echoed around the ruins heard by no one 
With the exception of the old people 
Who's ancient ways are known to none

They never left, never disappeared, never even came near

For thousands of years they lived in peace
Then we came 
And their numbers began to decrease 

Working their mischief they sole away human children and replaced them with their own 

The changelings would grow older 
And the children would as well
Only the changeling would also grow colder

The changelings had hearts of stone 
With compassion for no one
And always wanted to be left alone 

A changeling has only one good exception 
His talent with an instrument 
Is his only redemption

Their practice had been done for thousands of years
For the thousands of unwanted fairies 
Left by the old people without any tears
...

Five Beginnings

Five Story Beginings

1. With an Ominous Note

On the day that the sky suddenly went dark, every land and every people to looked up, only to realize that the world they knew and loved would never be the same.

2. With dialogue 

"Why did dad have to go to war," asked the boy, tears running down his face. "I know he said he would come back, but he never said that he'd be coming back in a sealed box!" 

3. With Weather

The sky was full of tiny chrystals, each with their own unique pattern, that were falling from the vast grey clouds that were just breaking up to let bright shafts of light touch the soft white blanket of snow covering the earth. 

4. With a Charecter Description 

The little girl in the photograph holding her father's hand looked no older than ten. Her wavy light brown hair was covered by a knitted hat that was protecting her head from the...

Personal Narrative Competition 2015

Plunger Boy & The Accidental Dunking

I was there when it happened, when my cousin did something so gross and disgusting it was funny. We were all together. My father’s side of the family was all together in the same house by the sea. The day was clear and calm but the temperature was hot. The house was clean and so were the people inside, or so we thought. Light played across everyone's faces and we were all enjoying different conversations. My aunt Ellen in her high heels and summer dress was in conversation with my aunt Peggy who was beginning to cook dinner with the help of my aunt Catherine. I was downstairs finishing lunch while the other eight of my cousins were upstairs. At first it was quiet, then out of nowhere my cousin Riley raced down the stairs with her older sister Casey right behind her and shouted, 

“Aunt Ellen! Jack put a plunger on his head! He’s parading around and I don't...

Raven Salvers's 4 Likes

11:20 PM by FantasyWriter

Published over 2 years ago

Pink_Dalek prologue by FantasyWriter

Published over 2 years ago

Pink_Dalek prologue by FantasyWriter

Published over 2 years ago

A Boy with a Cigarette by C.R.

Published over 2 years ago

8 Likes from Others

The Broken Bandit

Liked by 1 person

The Crimson Revenge

Liked by 1 person

The Stranger

Liked by 1 person

Don't Ever Forget

Liked by 1 person

The Summery Christmas

Liked by 1 person

The Dark Dragon

Liked by 1 person

The Summery Christmas

Liked by 1 person

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned over 2 years ago

Follower

You're following over five other writers.

Earned over 2 years ago

Supporter

You're following over 10 other writers right now.

Earned about 2 months ago

Leader

You're being followed by over five other writers!

Earned almost 2 years ago

Power writer

Do you ever sleep? You've written over TEN THOUSAND WORDS.

Earned over 2 years ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned almost 3 years ago

Prolific

You really are prolific - you've published over ten pieces already.

Earned over 2 years ago

Favoriter

Love your work - you've read and favorited over ten pieces published by others

Earned over 2 years ago

Reviewer

You've reviewed!

Earned over 2 years ago

Competitor

Thanks for entering a competition.

Earned almost 3 years ago

Admirer inactive

Follow over twenty other writers to become an admirer!

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Good neighbor inactive

Be a good neighbor - add a profile image and write a short biography.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Patron inactive

Become a patron of writers - follow over thirty of them.

Popular penman inactive

Get over ten favorites for your work to become a Popular Penner.

Pro reviewer inactive

Submit over five reviews and get that Pro Reviewer feeling.

Super star inactive

Get your writing career glittering with more than thirty followers.

Top critic inactive

Submit over fifteen reviews and you'll be a top critic.