Emma Mayall

Default avatar user icon

Emma Mayall (Australia) published:

A Lost Treasure

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition

Tris was a political man who talked a lot, but loved learning the most. Tommy, inspired by the knowledge of Tris, asked him to build a Great library to fill with all the books of the world. Until Tommy’s descendants, Cleo and yes, another Tommy had some sibling rivalry. To become the bigger sibling, Cleo asked for help from a powerful man named Jules. Cleo and Jules knew of a pearl that was precious to Tommy so to obtain it...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
1

Emma Mayall (Australia) published:

​A Mystical Morning

PROMPT: Talking to “You”

You are teetering on your tip toes with anticipation, looking across the glimmering lake. You have a feeling today is the day, today you will make it. Light on your feet without a care in the world you nimbly bounce off the gigantic lily pads. The only movement around is the ripples being sent out across the lake. You can see the hollow, round stone door nature had formed, you feel as though nature destined it for you.You...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
1

Emma Mayall (Australia) published:

An urban escape

PROMPT: Your World in Three Senses

Once the sound from squashing of the small rough rocks silences and you step out onto the smoother, rock formations and pause; a sense of inexplicable wonder overcomes you. The hushes of the stream travel placidly down the sloping bushy terrain. You take another step onto the natural path formed to carry you across the ankle deep glacial water. The bark is slowly peeling off the towering trees to reveal the fresh flesh underneath, prepared to show off its youthful...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
3

Emma Mayall (Australia) published:

Breakfast at Tiffany's

PROMPT: Zoom Out

Her soft hair was brushed up into a meticulous coiffed bun, embellished with a miniature jewelled tiara. Her eyes hid behind her oversized cat angled sunglasses, featuring her sophisticated expression. The neckline of her raven dress was framed by layers of luxurious pearls; complementing her long, sleek body.

Her eyes stared at the jewels laid before her, with only a mere glass window to obstruct her shallow ambitions.

A window accompanied by an equally opulent street. Tall and grey was...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
1

Emma Mayall (Australia) published:

Enclosed by the Ebony Grove

PROMPT: Other Worlds

https://goo.gl/photos/XpzNbmbcJ6mKz8zt9
“Pleasseee let me go”
The pleas of Avrina were quickly silenced with a stony stare.
She decided it was no use, so she went back to her room. She didn’t even know what the meeting was about, but that just made her want go even more. She climbed up her ladder onto the rickety worn roof, avoiding the grime and muck that built up on the tiles she carefully picked a clean spot to revise her plan.

She...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
Self editor

Emma Mayall (Australia) earned a badge Self-Editor

Default avatar user icon

Emma Mayall (Australia) published:

Motionless Ballet

PROMPT: Into the Woods

1. http://static.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/amazing-bonsai-trees-33-5710fb98a901e__700.jpg

The ballerina posed perfectly upright,
In a desolate circumstance.
Her arms stretched gracefully,
flourishing lively growth from every movement.
Young and alone,
She created her own world.
She poised distinct against the scene,
while simultaneously fitting.
Her sanguine presence,
embodying her serene surroundings,
Would forever perpetuate in her performance of life.

Default avatar user icon
1

Emma Mayall (Australia) published:

Motionless Ballet

PROMPT: Into the Woods

The ballerina posed perfectly upright,
In a desolate circumstance.
Her arms stretched gracefully,
Young and alone,
She created her own world.
She poised distinct against the scene,
while simultaneously fitting.
Her sanguine presence,
embodying her serene surroundings,

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

Emma Mayall (Australia) published:

How inevitable.

PROMPT: Lexical Catharsis

Today was the day. Butterflies were fluttering in my stomach causing me to feel nauseous. After much begging and my mother telling me money doesn't grow on trees I finally had new shoes. When I got them though my heart quickly sunk as they weren't the right colour, but I knew beggars can't be choosers so I built a bridge and got over it. 

I stared at the saucepan, my eyes unmoving, waiting for the oats to absorb the water....

Default avatar user icon
Publisher

Emma Mayall (Australia) earned a badge Publisher

Flash Fiction Competition

A Lost Treasure

Tris was a political man who talked a lot, but loved learning the most. Tommy, inspired by the knowledge of Tris, asked him to build a Great library to fill with all the books of the world. Until Tommy’s descendants, Cleo and yes, another Tommy had some sibling rivalry. To become the bigger sibling, Cleo asked for help from a powerful man named Jules. Cleo and Jules knew of a pearl that was precious to Tommy so to obtain it they burnt many buildings, including the Great library whose generations of immeasurable knowledge would forever be lost in Alexandria.

Talking to “You”

​A Mystical Morning

You are teetering on your tip toes with anticipation, looking across the glimmering lake. You have a feeling today is the day, today you will make it. Light on your feet without a care in the world you nimbly bounce off the gigantic lily pads. The only movement around is the ripples being sent out across the lake. You can see the hollow, round stone door nature had formed, you feel as though nature destined it for you.You could never quite reach the last lily pad, but today you felt as though your legs were finally long enough. The fog in the air is still heavy, the sun's rays only just piercing the leaves of the surrounding forest to skate across the surface of the lake. Your tiny breaths are quickening as you approach the final lily pad. You bounce out onto the final lily pad, never removing your eyes from your mysterious grail. You are only one...

Your World in Three Senses

An urban escape

Once the sound from squashing of the small rough rocks silences and you step out onto the smoother, rock formations and pause; a sense of inexplicable wonder overcomes you. The hushes of the stream travel placidly down the sloping bushy terrain. You take another step onto the natural path formed to carry you across the ankle deep glacial water. The bark is slowly peeling off the towering trees to reveal the fresh flesh underneath, prepared to show off its youthful appearance in time for spring. Rustles from the millions of leaves send their breaths softly around the clearing, providing a perpetual air flow. Dapples of sunlight slightly warm the air, balancing out the crispness. The ground elevates leading outside of the hidden magical escape to return to the urban world. 

Zoom Out

Breakfast at Tiffany's

A window accompanied by an equally opulent street. Tall and grey was the uniform of the assembly line concealing their grandeur with their barren frontiers. Only just hinting at the wealth that lay within by accents of marble and gold plating. The end of the broad, smooth, concrete sidewalk was marked by the spotting of a few trees; that kept the air breathing.  

The air was clear and crisp, preparing itself for another day of intense contamination. All the while the woman strolled entirely indifferent to the collision of the contrasting...

Other Worlds

Enclosed by the Ebony Grove

https://goo.gl/photos/XpzNbmbcJ6mKz8zt9
“Pleasseee let me go”

She wasn’t about to give up of course, she was just going to wait here until her parents left so she could sneak in. She would have rathered to be invited but that was obviously not going to be an option.

By the time the meeting was starting night had fallen. She stumbled excitedly along the cobbled path on her way up to the tower. But when she reached the foot of the tower she was met with a locked...

Into the Woods

Motionless Ballet

The ballerina posed perfectly upright,
In a desolate circumstance.
Her arms stretched gracefully,
Young and alone,
She created her own world.
She poised distinct against the scene,
while simultaneously fitting.
Her sanguine presence,
embodying her serene surroundings,

Into the Woods

Motionless Ballet

The ballerina posed perfectly upright,
In a desolate circumstance.
Her arms stretched gracefully,
Young and alone,
She created her own world.
She poised distinct against the scene,
while simultaneously fitting.
Her sanguine presence,
embodying her serene surroundings,

Lexical Catharsis

How inevitable.

I stared at the saucepan, my eyes unmoving, waiting for the oats to absorb the water. My Dad saw me hypnotised by the pot in the kitchen and told me do something else because a watched pot never boils. So I started to stretch my legs. First my quads then my hamstrings, then Oh My! The pot was almost overflowing I sat down with my breakfast still feeling sick. Dad must have sensed something was up because he tried to tell a joke
'I was at the grocery store the other day when the person at...

Mystery Writing Competition

Tea?

The sun broke the crisp, cool morning air to set the mood for another quiet, pleasant day, it was quiet of course until the flesh crawling screech aroused the town.
Jordan stood in the middle of the cobbled streets dripping sweat, his muscles quivering and his face... The ghost that stood before the small town would surely haunt their memories eternally.
Days had passed and still, he could not manage to even string together enough syllables to make one sentence. But although his was voice frail and raspy he could form one word, “tea”. It would seem that his entire vocabulary had been reduced to one word, entirely unrelated to the incident, and yet through much pain and effort he seemed adamant to force his voice to say ‘tea’. Unfortunately everyone thought he just wanted a cup of tea, he was in severe shock after all and the town people always said, ‘there is no problem that can’t be solved...

No Likes Yet

Emma Mayall doesn't have any likes yet.

2 Likes from Others

​A Mystical Morning

Liked by 1 person

Breakfast at Tiffany's

Liked by 3 people

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned 2 months ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned 3 months ago

Competitor

Thanks for entering a competition.

Earned 3 months ago

Admirer inactive

Follow over twenty other writers to become an admirer!

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Favoriter inactive

Get favoriting - read and favorite over ten pieces published by others to earn this badge.

Follower inactive

Follow over five other writers and you'll get a badge for your efforts.

Good neighbor inactive

Be a good neighbor - add a profile image and write a short biography.

Leader inactive

Become a leader of the pack when over five other writers start following you.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Patron inactive

Become a patron of writers - follow over thirty of them.

Popular penman inactive

Get over ten favorites for your work to become a Popular Penner.

Power writer inactive

Keep going! Write over ten thousand words and you'll be a Power Writer.

Pro reviewer inactive

Submit over five reviews and get that Pro Reviewer feeling.

Prolific inactive

Publish over ten different pieces to be truly prolific!

Reviewer inactive

Just write and submit a review to become a reviewer. Get to it!

Super star inactive

Get your writing career glittering with more than thirty followers.

Supporter inactive

Get supportive. Follow over ten other writers and get a badge too.

Top critic inactive

Submit over fifteen reviews and you'll be a top critic.

Emma Mayall isn't following anyone yet.