Picture?width=128&height=128

Alekesis

Picture?width=64&height=64
Reviewer

Alekesis (United States) earned a badge Reviewer

Picture?width=64&height=64

Alekesis (United States) reviewed:

FOURTEEN

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

This is amazing, it has this fast pace thrill to it. I love how you string the words together and bring attention to the "TRANSLATION"s. It shows a lot of truth about society while still making it personal. You also...

Picture?width=64&height=64

Alekesis (United States) published:

The Pain Brought By The Carnivorous Famine

PROMPT: Historical Fiction Competition 2016

1846 was the last year I saw my home, the last year I felt safe and secure. I had grown much thinner over the past year as well as my family. In 1845 we were beginning to starve as most of our crops had failed and died. They just kept dying and we couldn't figure out why. Every night dad would beg and pray to God in hopes of food for his family and I would pray too. I stopped...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Picture?width=64&height=64

Alekesis (United States) published:

Seeking Peer Reviews

Picture?width=64&height=64

Alekesis (United States) published:

The Two Strangers That Became My Parents

PROMPT: Imagine This

It was a rush, yet never meant to be.
The two strangers who became my parents met in San Francisco, California, the summer of 1999. As if in a race, they went from strangers to engaged lovers. Dangerously skipping over all the cheesy rules of sweet romance which included first dates and those moments of suspenseful silence. They were seemingly stable behind their diguise of bound disaster. Only going fast for all the logical reasons instead of the emotional attraction....
Seeking Peer Reviews

Picture?width=64&height=64
Publisher

Alekesis (United States) earned a badge Publisher

Historical Fiction Competition 2016

1846 was the last year I saw my home, the last year I felt safe and secure. I had grown much thinner over the past year as well as my family. In 1845 we were beginning to starve as most of our crops had failed and died. They just kept dying and we couldn't figure out why. Every night dad would beg and pray to God in hopes of food for his family and I would pray too. I stopped in 1846 though. There was no use if God wouldn't help the dying families who were victim to the carnivorous famine that spread across Ireland like plague. Originally, even though we were starving, my mum and dad had decided to stay at home with broad shoulders trying to fight against Mother Nature herself. But then, Meredith died and soon after Dylan left us too. I became the only surviving child. They were both younger than me and they changed dad's mind....

Imagine This

It was a rush, yet never meant to be.
The two strangers who became my parents met in San Francisco, California, the summer of 1999. As if in a race, they went from strangers to engaged lovers. Dangerously skipping over all the cheesy rules of sweet romance which included first dates and those moments of suspenseful silence. They were seemingly stable behind their diguise of bound disaster. Only going fast for all the logical reasons instead of the emotional attraction. That could have been safe if they had only taken the race slower. Even then, love is not a race but emotional and timeless smashed with acceptance and beauty. They were wishing to escape their dim lives, leaving it behind them to be forgotten. The best option to achieve their dreams in 1999 was detrimental love. Therefore, like a blur it was done and now they were to struggle to achieve their happy ever after.

Alekesis doesn't have any likes yet.

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned about 2 years ago

Reviewer

You've reviewed!

Earned about 2 years ago

Admirer inactive

Follow over twenty other writers to become an admirer!

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Competitor inactive

It's as easy as entering a competition to earn this badge.

Favoriter inactive

Get favoriting - read and favorite over ten pieces published by others to earn this badge.

Follower inactive

Follow over five other writers and you'll get a badge for your efforts.

Good neighbor inactive

Be a good neighbor - add a profile image and write a short biography.

Leader inactive

Become a leader of the pack when over five other writers start following you.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Patron inactive

Become a patron of writers - follow over thirty of them.

Popular penman inactive

Get over ten favorites for your work to become a Popular Penner.

Power writer inactive

Keep going! Write over ten thousand words and you'll be a Power Writer.

Pro reviewer inactive

Submit over five reviews and get that Pro Reviewer feeling.

Prolific inactive

Publish over ten different pieces to be truly prolific!

Self editor inactive

Publish at least two versions of the same piece to become a self-editor

Super star inactive

Get your writing career glittering with more than thirty followers.

Supporter inactive

Get supportive. Follow over ten other writers and get a badge too.

Top critic inactive

Submit over fifteen reviews and you'll be a top critic.

Alekesis isn't following anyone yet.