Jemima puddle duck by chantalgalvan d648ypi

Puddleduck

New Zealand

I believe in trying my best at everything I do, so even if I'm not the best, I have succeeded.

'If a story is in you it has to come out'- William Faulkner
'You're mad. Bonkers. Off your head... but I'll tell you a secret...all of the best people are.' -Lewis Carroll

Puddleduck (New Zealand) liked Praire Girl by Riley Noel (United States)

1

Puddleduck (New Zealand) published:

When the Grass was Green

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition

When the grass was green, Nora and I never felt the pain of hunger stabbing our stomachs. We didn’t know what it was like to see life shrivel around us and to wish for rain more than we hoped for Santa Claus.
I remember Mother’s soft face lightening when she saw Pa. He used to sweep her up in his arms and twirl her around like a snowflake. Then he would reach for us, and in turn, swing us too....

Seeking Peer Reviews

Rose

Puddleduck (New Zealand) started following Rachel A. (United States)

1
1

Puddleduck (New Zealand) published:

The Shadow Caster's Daughter

I am a shadow caster's daughter. "What a horrible job," some say, "you make the world so dull". But without shadows, the world would be flat and lifeless, without tones and shade. The trees would be light all over and people would look like drawings before being rendered. I think that instead of making the world worse, I cast beauty in unexpected places. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Puddleduck (New Zealand) published:

I Would Just Live

PROMPT: On the Last Day of the World

On the last day of the world, 
I would just live,
For when the world is ending,
There is no time left to dream

Seeking Peer Reviews

Puddleduck (New Zealand) liked Sorry by Quilling Leaves (United States)

Puddleduck (New Zealand) liked Everyday Insight by Christine Tu (United States)

20479758 2347932638764468 2308506062626088397 n

Puddleduck (New Zealand) started following jennychen (United States)

Puddleduck (New Zealand) liked Alien situation hits "The city of sails" by anshi11234 (New Zealand)

Puddleduck (New Zealand) reviewed:

When the Sky was Blue

PROMPT: Everyday Magic

This piece is definitely not too simplistic. It is beautiful. I love this piece! Well done.

Novel Writing Competition

When the Grass was Green

I remember Mother’s soft face lightening when she saw Pa. He used to sweep her up in his arms and twirl her around like a snowflake. Then he would reach for us, and in turn, swing us too. His warm grassy scent filled my nostrils and I felt safe. Grandmama watched from her rocking chair, her tender eyes twinkling.
When everyone was on the ground, we crowded around Pa.
“Susie and I helped Grandmama do gardening today, Pa, and I picked a pumpkin.”
As my sister spoke, I held up the ripe orange pumpkin in my arms. “Mother said we can help her make the pie.”
Pa laughed. “I would love to have a piece of that pie....

The Shadow Caster's Daughter

On the Last Day of the World

I Would Just Live

On the last day of the world, 
I would just live,
For when the world is ending,
There is no time left to dream

Everyday Magic

When the Rain Came

When the rain finally came, we all danced. We raised our cheeks towards the sky and let the delicate drops of water twirl down our faces before seeping into the dry earth, just like Grandmama had said we would. Our noses indulged in the sweet scent of rain. We laughed, we cried, we rejoiced, willing the rain to stay, even though we knew it wouldn't. 
The rain lasted a few hours and in that time the world seemed lighter, brighter than it had in weeks; ever since the rain stopped, since Grandmama died. As the water grew softer, the sky burst into blossom, a rainbow bigger and brighter than we had ever seen, more spectacular than all the flowers in Grandmama's garden before it stopped growing. We all clasped each other, hair moist, eyes beaming, as we watched the colour erupt. 
Grandmama's garden grew again that night. Seeing her flowers again was like seeing her. 

Dialogue Dexterity

Leaving

"Promise me you'll be back," Lily said, a tear forming in her eye. "Please?"
Her friend Bree leaned in and hugged her. "Of course, Lily. One year of study and I'll be back in Beke."
The two girls looked over at May, whose head dropped in silence. Lily's lip quivered.
"I'll come back someday. But it may not be to stay," May said finally.
"I'll miss you so much," Lily sniffed. 
"Why don't you come with us then?" May asked.
Lily looked at her in shock. "Oh. no, I couldn't leave. Beke is my home."
"It's mine too," said Bree. "I don't think I'll be able to leave for long."
"Beke is my home as well, but I feel trapped sometimes." May didn't say that she'd been planning her departure for years. 
"Trapped? In Beke?" Lily was astonished. 
Even Bree was looking at May strangely. 
May reached over and pulled them both into a hug. "I'll still miss it though. You especially,...

Third Person Limited

Away from Home

She stared out the window, the busy city spanning out beneath her, full of bright lights and movement. There were people everywhere, loitering in streets and hurrying around with huge shopping bags clutched in their hands. She was surrounded by people, but all she could feel was loneliness. 
Home could not be further away. Her eyes grew wet as she thought of her family, in a town thousands of kilometres away. 
'You couldn't stay there forever,' she told herself. 'You need a fresh start.'  Although she knew this was true, it didn't help. The tears began to spill, tumbling down her cheeks, more arising with every sob. 
Eventually, they ceased and she curled up on her bed. Her suitcase lay full on the floor. 
A knock sounded on the door, and it opened to reveal a friendly face. 
"You must be the new girl. Are you alright?"
The visitor's smile lit up her heart and suddenly she was alright. 

Ask Michael

Unfinished

How can I get better at finishing stories I've started?

Year by Year

Timeline of my Life

Year 1- My Parents and I live in a small cottage before our house is built. I am a shy baby. My mum used to say 'She's a country girl. She needs her space.'
Year 2- My little sister is born. We move into our new house. I start Playcentre and meet Grace, who would be my best friend for many years. 
Year 3- We go on holiday to Australia. When we are back in New Zealand I get my first (and last) taste of snow. 
Year 4- My brother is born.
Year 5- I start school, learn to read and write and begin to write stories. 
Year 6-I read my first chapter book. I am very proud of my accomplishment. After that, I don't stop. I am very quiet in class. 
Year 7- I start playing netball. I also join the local scout troop.
Year 8-I teach my friends how to sew at a school market day. We make felt hair-ties...

Talking to “You”

Lost

You are lost in the midst of the bush, surrounded by a sea of green.  He is gone. Fear clings to your heart and your breathing quickens. All sense of direction is lost with your sanity. You feel a tear slide down your cheek. After that, they keep coming. Your voice is raw from sobbing, but it doesn't matter. He is not there to talk to. Rain begins to mix with your tears and you shiver helplessly, wrapping your icy arms around yourself. As a tinge of black begins to cross the sky you think that it is too late, he has forgotten you. But then a star dances into the sky and you smile. Maybe there can be light in the darkness. You look around you one final time and see him walking through the bush towards you. You leap to your feet and let him wrap you in his arms. He is back. You will be okay. 

Flash Fiction Competition

On the Other Side of the Fence

They live over a high barbed fence that not even birds dare cross. Barren heads and skeletal bodies, a multitude of quivering limbs and frozen toes. Coughs of many slice the air, but care is none, recovery for few. Eyes dart hastily, untrusting; searching for family torn away. A wailing baby is ripped from his dying mother's breast, an identification tattoo etched into his arm like livestock, not a human.  
"We can do this," his sister murmurs into his head, stroking his throbbing arms. "For Mama, for Papa."  
Slowly the child's whimpers stop, embers of hope igniting again. 

Flash Fiction Competition

On the Other Side of the Fence

They live over a high barbed fence that not even a bird dares cross. Barren heads and skeletal bodies, a multitude of quivering limbs and frozen toes. Coughs of many slice the air, but car is none, recovery for few. Eyes dart hastily, untrusting and searching, families torn apart. A wailing baby is ripped from his dying mother's breast, a tattoo etched into his arm like livestock, not a human.  

Treacherous Track

I am travelling on a treacherous track,
Full of cracks and lumps, 
Bends and jumps, 
And places to fall asleep

The end is in sight, 
Beautiful and bright, 
If I can just go forward a few more feet

Writing Small

Fighting Cold

Cold has caught me with his icy fingers, so I strike my match. The bright flare sweeps through me, warming my heart. Cold shrieks and is whisked away, unable to reach me. The flame glides down the match and dissappers. Cold laughs at me as he returns to my body. 

Sea of Corn

The cornfield stands. Still. Slowly, the wind tickles a few of the plants. The breeze brushes through the field. Soon all the corn is dancing, rippling, shaking in the tune of the wind. The rustling gradually begins to die and the sea of green stands again. Still.  

Roses Need Thorns Too

She was the most beautiful creature the world had ever seen. She had luscious black hair and cherry red lips that gleamed with her smile. Beauty flowed through her, inside and out, like a sweet-smelling rose.
He was a wild one. Untamed, some said. He could never do anything right. His cold green eyes and rambling brown hair framed a face full of sadness, for without the love of another one struggles to love himself. He was society’s thorn.
She saw the beauty in him when he was blind to it himself. She saw the sad young man who had fallen to live by the words of others. She vowed to change him back to the man of his past.
He flinched at the sight of her, but as her red lips moved with delicate grace, he listened. "Every thorn needs a rose. Let me be yours," she whispered.
He shuddered with uncertainty, but as she stood on her tiptoes...

Zoom Out

Circus Act

The clown waved his arms and grinned before tossing a juggling ball into the air. His huge red nose wobbled with laughter. The light glinted out of his mischievous eyes. Just then he stumbled, and landed, face first in a pool of water. He rose, soaking wet and looking very disgusted. A drop of water fell from his chin.

The audience burst into peels of laughter. Children ​giggled and adults clutched their sides. A gust of wind blew into the big top and swept through them. They reached out to pull their hats back onto their heads. This didn't stop their squeals of delight at the infectiously funny clown, who was now sitting very smugly in the corner. They

Lexical Catharsis

The Cliche Clan

Meet my family-

Mum is the most cuddly person I know. She's nice to everyone and is the best cook ever. Mum's laugh and voice can be heard from ages away. Everyone loves her.
Dad is a bit of a buffoon. He's very embarrassing but can be funny. But he's lovely and we all love him.  
My big sister is only four years older than me but it feels like ten. She acts like she's too cool to have a sister like me and ignores us, especially when she's brought a boyfriend home.
My big brother loves to tease me. He's really sporty and can be really mean at times. He's doesn't do very well at school.
I'm quite quiet and bookish, pretty much invisible. I'm very clumsy, rubbish at sport and seem to make a mess of things all the time.
My little sister is very girly. She loves dressing up and princesses and is whiny and annoying. She...

Hoping for Rain

Summer strikes down on Earth, snatching water away from her surface. Earth gasps and watches with horror as her skin wrinkles. She watches as a small flower bud begins to wilt before it has blossomed, petals drooping inside its strong green case, a coffin already made. But Earth waits, hoping, for she knows that if she can, water will someday seep into her skin once more and all who watch with her will survive. She knows that hope is a powerful thing; sometimes it is the strength that keeps us going.

Writing for Children Competition

Fly, Quirky, Fly!

https://goo.gl/photos/peMmMt7PGk2cK4jH6

In the remotest corner of the New Zealand bush, in a place where no human had ever set foot, birds frolicked merrily and plants flourished. In the midst of it all, feasting upon the bright yellow berries of a bountiful karaka tree, sat Quirky the Kereru.
Quirky was not in the treetops like the other birds. Once, long ago, he had been able to get the juicy berries high up, but he had eaten a few too many and his iridescent green body was now too plump to get up there, so now he had to make do with the berries that fell on the ground.
Even on the ground, where sunlight was rare, the only things on his mind were the sun kissed golden berries. Just then a nice, big, juicy berry caught his eye a few steps away. Quirky stretched out his plump green neck until his red beak was only millimetres away from it. He reached...

Open Prompt

New Zealand Winter

While the northern hemisphere enjoys summer,
Us here in New Zealand are blowing noses as,  
Rain pounds on the roof,
Flooding valleys,
And leaving fields brown with mud, 

We enjoy,
Crisp frosty mornings,
Dark nights with a fire blazing,
Roast dinners,
and in some areas, snow 

On Saturday mornings,
Rugby players crowd fields,
Netballers breath in cool air on the frosty courts,
Soccer and hockey players also,
And the crowds of spectators that accompany them

Our winters hold colour,
From many evergreen trees,
And laden citrus,
And the birds that don't migrate,
To a warmer climate  

As spring dawns on the horizon,
New animals appear in paddocks,
Calves, lambs and kids,
And children and farmers who get up early to feed them,
Regardless of the weather

Us here in New Zealand enjoy winter

Writing for Children Competition

Fly, Quirky, Fly!

https://goo.gl/photos/peMmMt7PGk2cK4jH6

In the remotest corner of the New Zealand bush, in a place where no human had ever set foot, birds frolicked merrily and plants flourished. In the midst of it all, feasting upon the bright yellow berries of a bountiful karaka tree, sat Quirky the Kereru. The branch bent over so much with his weight that if there had been even the smallest of breezes both Quirky and the branch would have tumbled to the ground.
Of course, Quirky was oblivious to how close to misfortune he was. The only thing on his mind were the sun kissed golden berries. Just then a nice, big, juicy berry caught his eye. Precariously, Quirky stretched out his plump green neck until his red beak was only millimeters away from it. He reached a tiny bit further...
Whoosh! Something streaked towards the berry like a dart and snatched it off the tree. Quirky wobbled and the air from the bird’s wings rattled the...

Into the Woods

A Forest Worth Knowing

An army standing ridgid, in green and brown khaki,
They are felled one by one,
And they topple over,
Until the battlefield is bare and barren

Hairs on a mountains scalp,
Full of life that makes it itch,
No brush can tame them,
Until they are cut

A herd of giraffes, ​
Long necks rising towards the sky,
Up and up,
Until they lie on the ground and sleep

Wisdom greater than believed,
A gift given by time, ​A history unimaginable, Until it is taken away in order for new growth   A home for all who wish, Birds and insects and epiphytes, Who live happily in the strong boughs, Until it is time to move on   A forest of importance, Of strength, Of wildness, Of partnership, Of wisdom, Of knowledge, Teaching humans lessons worth knowing, Until their final moments  

Other Worlds

Nonsense

As silly as my Grandad was, he always hated books with 'nonsense.' He'd tell us the silliest jokes and tease us, but as soon as we gave him a nonsense book he would groan. He had to go along with it, as he was unwilling to disappoint us.
There was one in particular that we loved. He hated it worst of all. It stared two little chimpanzees called Chimp and Zee who went banana shopping and then sat on three big stones that turned out to be elephants. The illustrations were bright and interesting.  My cousins, brother, sister and I couldn't see how silly it was and didn't get tired of listening to it either. We enjoyed annoying Grandad. So every time we went to his house we pulled out the book and crowded around him. He'd read it and we'd love it. As we got older we started reading on our own so he no longer has to read aloud. Even so, my Grandad is still as...

WILD

Towards the Light

wild and reckless
                       vines entwined amongst trees
                                rambunctiously wandering
                                               through dense bush
                                        clinging to branches
                                  with gnarled arms
                                              and loose fingers
                                                         moving between trunks
                                                                like a slinking possum jumps
                                                                         hastily scampering
                                                                          over and under
                                                                  obstacles the eye can't see
                                                               never stopping 
                                                                      destinations forever moving
                                                                                                                                                                                     away
                                                                                             deep into the dark forest
                                                                                        where light is rare 
                                                                           yet within reach of the never ceasing vines

Living Locales

Oasis

In the meadow where the breath of wildflowers perfumed the air, bees hummed and wind frolicked, she found her oasis. The sun smiled down on the field, drinking up dew that slept on stalks of lush green grass. Around the edges hedges nodded and joked, waving to the little girls and boys that skipped past on the way to school. The meadow sighed contentedly and raised up her arms to welcome the world in, singing lullabies to any animal that chose to stay the night in her inn. As their eyelids fluttered closed and they were whisked off into a haven of sleep a delicate grin warmed the contours of her face and she too fell asleep, ready to wake up again when dawn tickled the shimmering black sky.

Mystery Writing Competition

On The Island

"Did you see her on the island, William?” I asked.
 “Of course I did!”
My big brother gave me his cheeky lopsided grin.
“What did she do this time?”
“She’d lost her tap-dancing penguin.”
He pretended to waddle. I clapped with delight.
“Go on!”
“She came down to Balloon Beach one day while I was swimming. All of her animals were there: the dog reading the newspaper, her canary with an afro, the penguin and the singing donkey! They went for a walk along the sand. The tide was high so they were right up the top near the balloon trees.
Her usual polka-dot pants flapped in the wind and the huge floppy yellow sunhat with the apple on top kept flying away, only to be brought back again by the dog. I don’t think she saw me. She was very deep in conversation with the donkey. He must’ve been angry with her because he stomped his hoof, but she...

I Remember

The Joys of Giving

I remember entering the fabric shop and seeing colour swirling around me. I remember how excited I was to choose some. I remember Mum getting annoyed when I couldn't decide. I remember finally leaving with a handfull of fabric. I remember arriving at home and getting straight to work, cutting and matching ,stitching and stuffing. I remember how happy I was as I thought 'She's going to love this'. I remember carefully wrapping it up in bright Christmas paper and putting it under the tree. I remember the look on her face as she ripped it open and smiled with delight. I remember her hugging me. I remember knowing that my Grandmother would treasure it. I remember wonderful the joys of giving.

Moon girl

Moonlight beamed down upon the bay, casting a luminous glow over the rippling waters. Bathed in light, cliffs rose steadily towards the sky. At the top wind rushed through the long grasses, pulling at everything not safely secured to the ground. The land was wild, roving and free.
Amidst the cliff top grasses perched a ghostly, blue rock that shone in the light. A young girl sat atop the rock. Her skin was as pale as the moon and her long hair was as black as the night sky. Wind lashed against her cheeks, playing mercilessly with her tangled tresses. With trembling hands she clutched her knees into her slender body. A breezy dark blue dress barely covered her slim figure.
From afar the girl was a pleasure to the eye; a part of the stunning landscape, but on closer inspection you could see a river of tears streaming out of her deep blue eyes and onto her wind scorched...

Mystery Writing Competition

On The Island

“Of course I did!”
“What did she do this time?”
“She’d lost her tap-dancing penguin.”
“Go on!”
“She came to the beach one day when I was swimming. All of her animals were there: the dog who reads the newspaper, her canary with an afro, her penguin and the singing donkey! They went for a walk along the sand.
As usual, she wore that huge floppy yellow sunhat with the apple on top and the polka-dot pants. I don’t think she saw me. She was very deep in conversation with the donkey. He must’ve been very angry because he stomped his hoof, but she was smiling away as she always does.
I carried on swimming, but every so often I would peek over the waves to look at them. They were now building a sandcastle....

Geography of Home

My Kind of Paradise

Once, our house had been open. Now it is enclosed by the extensive trees that have grown up around it in its eleven year life. Slowly, they have enveloped the entire eastern side and blocked out the early morning sun. However, the harbour side still possesses a spectacular view, though some of it also has trees in the way. Sometimes we are treated with an amazing sunset, with colours that dance, shimmer and sparkle across the sky.

Inside it is bright and airy, colourful and ...cluttered with all of the various things a family of five needs. Games are strewn about the lounge and homework across the table. In winter the fire glows red in an effort to warm us all up. I love it best at Christmastime, when our home-grown pine tree stands tall and tinsel glides along the tops of the windows. The days are hot and we tent in the garden quite often.  

Most days, you can...

Turned to Stone

​Night Visitor

Outside the tent the night was as dark as the fur of a feral panther. Cold slunk around like a cat, creeping into my sleeping bag cocoon. Somewhere out in the darkness an owl hooted. Another replied, their calls entwining to make a ghost-like symphony. The whole tent trembled with my fear. Suddenly the zip of the tent began to slide, slowly being prized open by something. There was a thud as that something landed at my feet. Shaking, I looked up to see two menacing golden eyes gleaming from the light of my lamp, staring into mine.

WILD

Towards the Light

wild and reckless
vines entwined amongst trees
rambunctiously wandering
through dense bush
clinging to branches
with gnarled arms
and loose fingers
moving between trunks
like a slinking possum jumps
hastily scampering
over and under
more obstacles than the eye can see
never stopping
destinations forever moving
away
deep into the dark forest
where light is rare yet within reach of the never ceasing vines

Collective Voice

Kids of the countryside

We are kids of the countryside, of fresh air and animals. We spend hours racing through the bush and camping, playing games and soaring down waterslides. We couldn't care less about the clothes we wear each day and the time we come home from feeding our calves. We learn new skills, inside and out of the house that have been lost to new inventions. It is an idyllic way to grow up, isolated from the world of technology that has been forming. We only live half an hour from the biggest city in the country, but some people might say that we are in the middle of nowhere. To us we live in the middle of everywhere, the best place in our favourite country on Earth. Our home. New Zealand.

Moon girl

Puddleduck's 71 Likes

Praire Girl by Riley Noel

Published 6 days ago

Sorry by Quilling Leaves

Published 29 days ago

Everyday Insight by Christine Tu

Published about 1 month ago

Alien situation hits "The city of sails" by anshi11234

Published about 1 month ago

My Quest For Love by sKRUwriting

Published 8 months ago

When the Sky was Blue by Nadia Kotova

Published about 1 month ago

Fairywood by ARS7

Published about 2 months ago

A New Friend by Aaliyah

Published about 2 months ago

Kisses and Cuts by So_It_Goes

Published 5 months ago

Drifting by ejhalteman

Published 2 months ago

WE ARE GENERATION Z by Fidgetsally

Published 4 months ago

Mama's Hugs by yapyapxy

Published about 2 months ago

Never Return by ARS7

Published 2 months ago

​Dirty Money by jasonstarlight

Published 2 months ago

The eternal finish line by wild_daisy

Published 2 months ago

A Little of my Life by Nadia Kotova

Published 2 months ago

Waiting: A Child's Dream by BlueWriter

Published 3 months ago

Think by Mystery Girl

Published 3 months ago

Pyro Lovers by novelistinthedark

Published 3 months ago

Ten Wishes—A Poem by JCWriter

Published 4 months ago

Lotus by Angelina Nguyen

Published 3 months ago

Hardened Memory by roselt

Published 3 months ago

Forbidden Love by Aroha W

Published 3 months ago

A Letter To The Girl I Never Was by this_kid_is

Published 7 months ago

A Magical Wish by Azima Huggins

Published 4 months ago

Here To Stay by lyrathunder22

Published 3 months ago

Hush by Dani A. Remlap

Published 4 months ago

Burned by ollieollie

Published 4 months ago

Dobby by Nafo23

Published 4 months ago

The Horror by Angelina Nguyen

Published 5 months ago

Some Days by Abby Walker

Published 4 months ago

Burn After Reading by DarkBlue

Published 4 months ago

War of Rage by Eimear O'Tuathail

Published 4 months ago

Dual Perspective by Maggie Mills

Published 5 months ago

The Forgotten Sea Shell by Alexandra

Published 5 months ago

Rural Repose by Fidgetsally

Published 5 months ago

Paper Balls by Jolenify

Published over 1 year ago

Falling, flying, living, dying by Angelina Nguyen

Published over 1 year ago

The Wolves of Redcreek Woods by MG Cowan

Published 5 months ago

The Box by Angelina Nguyen

Published 5 months ago

The Boy & The Girl by rhiskye

Published 5 months ago

The Box by Angelina Nguyen

Published 5 months ago

A Toddler by dlyn

Published 6 months ago

He stopped, too. by Jasmine_K

Published 6 months ago

The Man from the Sea by Harper O'Dell

Published 6 months ago

Cairo by Riley Noel

Published 6 months ago

The First Cut by Harper O'Dell

Published 6 months ago

New York City by matoakagirl

Published 6 months ago

Turning Darkness into Light by RockSugar98

Published almost 2 years ago

Where Harrows Go to Die by Write the World Editor

Published about 2 years ago

Rose by Riley Noel

Published 10 months ago

Forbidden Words by Mader

Published 8 months ago

That's What Sisters Are For by Zoe Skaggs

Published 9 months ago

Fingerpainting by gracecroken

Published 7 months ago

Secrets Get Buried by chloe.forssell@gmail.com

Published 7 months ago

Come Back by xojadex

Published 7 months ago

Racism Blood by Aaliyah

Published 7 months ago

Shut up by Shanti

Published 7 months ago

Write by Luna Lemon

Published 7 months ago

Photograph by takylin

Published 7 months ago

Realisations by ParisInFrance

Published 12 months ago

Cattle and People by gwtwgirl

Published 7 months ago

Starlit Girl by EdMarie

Published 8 months ago

Eyes as Pale as the Moon by Andy

Published about 2 years ago

The Ghosts by she's-got-a-story

Published 9 months ago

Saving the Scars by Jia-En

Published 8 months ago

Remembering Remembering by Vanilla

Published 8 months ago

Serpent by Starchild

Published 9 months ago

Heartbreak by Mystery Girl

Published 8 months ago

30 Likes from Others

When the Grass was Green

Liked by 1 person

The Shadow Caster's Daughter

Liked by 1 person

I Would Just Live

Liked by 2 people

When the Rain Came

Liked by 2 people

The Emperor's Humiliation

Liked by 3 people

Leaving

Liked by 1 person

Away from Home

Liked by 3 people

Unfinished

Liked by 1 person

On the Other Side of the Fence

Liked by 4 people

Treacherous Track

Liked by 2 people

Timeline of my Life

Liked by 3 people

Lost

Liked by 1 person

On the Other Side of the Fence

Liked by 4 people

Roses Need Thorns Too

Liked by 2 people

Fighting Cold

Liked by 2 people

Towards the Light

Liked by 4 people

Nonsense

Liked by 2 people

Fly, Quirky, Fly!

Liked by 1 person

Hoping for Rain

Liked by 2 people

Sea of Corn

Liked by 1 person

Thornes and Roses

Liked by 2 people

Circus Act

Liked by 1 person

The Cliche Clan

Liked by 1 person

​Night Visitor

Liked by 2 people

Moon girl

Liked by 2 people

A Forest Worth Knowing

Liked by 1 person

Oasis

Liked by 2 people

Moon girl

Liked by 3 people

Kids of the countryside

Liked by 1 person

Towards the Light

Liked by 1 person

Good neighbor

We like your photo and your biography.

Earned 8 months ago

Pro reviewer

You've now submitted over five reviews!

Earned 5 months ago

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned 8 months ago

Follower

You're following over five other writers.

Earned 7 months ago

Supporter

You're following over 10 other writers right now.

Earned 7 months ago

Admirer

You've followed over twenty other writers!

Earned 6 months ago

Patron

You're following over thirty other writers!

Earned 5 months ago

Leader

You're being followed by over five other writers!

Earned 7 months ago

Super star

You've got SO many followers - more than thirty!

Earned 2 months ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned 8 months ago

Prolific

You really are prolific - you've published over ten pieces already.

Earned 6 months ago

Favoriter

Love your work - you've read and favorited over ten pieces published by others

Earned 8 months ago

Popular penman

Very nicely done - you've got over ten favorites.

Earned 5 months ago

Reviewer

You've reviewed!

Earned 8 months ago

Top critic

Woohoo. You've submitted over fifteen reviews.

Earned 2 months ago

Competitor

Thanks for entering a competition.

Earned 6 months ago

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Power writer inactive

Keep going! Write over ten thousand words and you'll be a Power Writer.