Write the World Editor

Uni Student Studying Marketing//Fond of imaginative, fresh content, with a dash of magic and whimsy//Less fond of literary snobs

Default avatar user icon

Write the World Editor (United States) reviewed:

The Fields

PROMPT: Living Locales

I've really enjoyed reading this piece. You have great talent, and your writing really stood out to me--that's why I took the time to leave a review! You seem to understand the rhythm of words, the connotations attached to them,...

Default avatar user icon

Baby Blue Rainboots

PROMPT: Mystery Writing Competition 2017

This is a very solid piece, so there's very little that needs to be revised. If you have any wiggle room with your word count, you might add a bit more foreshadowing in your first scene. Maybe add a few...

Default avatar user icon

The American Grocery Crisis

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2015

I really enjoyed reading this piece, and I wish you luck in the contest! I wish I could give you some more advice, but this entry is already very well written!

Default avatar user icon

Recipe for December Fun!

PROMPT: My December 2016

I really thought this concept was original, and I especially enjoyed the directions at the end. However, I would like to know if there are any other unique traditions you participate in during December. The things you listed were great,...

Default avatar user icon

Pushed from the Zoo

I really, really like the concept here! So much, in fact, that I'd love to see it expanded. You have lovely way of phrasing things, and you also create a very sympathetic character with a compelling desire. This is a...

Default avatar user icon

When The Tree Loses Its Roots

I really enjoyed reading this piece! I noticed a few things, however, that you could improve on. They're all easily corrected! :) In you dialogue, you often lumped everyone's lines together in one paragraph, which is difficult to follow. Make...

Default avatar user icon

Lost

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2015

I enjoyed reading your piece, Katie! Please continue working on your craft--it's wonderful that you have started so young. I wish you the best of luck!

Default avatar user icon

The Woods

PROMPT: Returning

This is a wonderful, reflective piece. It's categorized as flash fiction, but I can also see this developing into a great personal essay. (Definitely look back at this if you need to write a college admission essay in the future)....

Default avatar user icon

Write the World Editor (United States) liked Matecumbe by C.R. (United States)

Default avatar user icon

Final Draft of College Essay

In your opening paragraph, I can see that you were trying to open up with a broad meaning of failure and then tried to focus in on *your* idea of failure, but you are only allowed so many words for...

Returning

Where Harrows Go to Die

The autumn crows, fat with pilfered corn, clotted the sky and descended on the fields in clouds of black feathers. Squinting against the sun’s glare, I could just make out the scarecrow’s silhouette. His hat was gone.
I looked away, pressing my face into my scarf, trying to ignore the pungency of rotting apples and fresh horse manure. I started back towards the dilapidated barn, passing the apple tree, its untrimmed branches dragging in the dirt, surrounded by fallen fruit.

The barn door creaked open at my touch. A saw leaned up against the nearest wall, its wooden handle blackened with the oils of my grandfather’s skin. Dusty mason jars, old paint cans, and boxes of nails cluttered the shelves. Newspaper scraps and broken glass crunched underfoot. In the center of the building, the skeletons of plows and mulch tillers, of harrows and seed planters, rose up and out of the dusty earth. The corroded metal frames reached out, pressing...

Personal Narrative Competition 2015

Second Star to the Right

They kept him hidden under disappointed sighs and thin smiles, banishing him to a half-life when they murmured, “Oh, he’s no one, dear.” Saying it made it true. He was no one, he was nothing, he was spirit fumes and smoke.

They swept him under the rug like startled hostesses, realizing they had forgotten to get rid of offending dirt. With slight curtsies and hasty apologies, they welcomed me as a guest and led me to a seat, trampling his grave of Persian carpet. I shifted my eight-year-old body for a more comfortable fit, but the armchair was stiff with lies.

Our meeting held many firsts. He was the first man I’d seen with hair longer than mine and the first man who smoked—really smoked with a cigarette and everything—in front of me. My face flamed when he cussed, but I liked the way he swished the word down with his Miller Light, his lips curling into a smile when...

Personal Narrative Competition 2015

Second Star to the Right

Write the World Editor 's 19 Likes

The Train by Norah

Published over 2 years ago

Matecumbe by C.R.

Published over 2 years ago

Finding the Yellow Sky by Grace Mary Potts

Published over 2 years ago

The Employed Collective by Helen Grant

Published over 2 years ago

The Thread Master by Norah

Published almost 3 years ago

Villa de Paolo by csaw

Published over 2 years ago

Red by Suri Purefoy

Published over 2 years ago

Only What's Right by Tess O'Brien

Published over 2 years ago

Duality and Reciprocity by cammcken

Published over 2 years ago

Dream by Amy Shen

Published over 2 years ago

Miles From Home by Grace Mary Potts

Published over 2 years ago

Value by Quixotica

Published over 2 years ago

Skin, Bones, and Fabric by Sarah Feng

Published over 2 years ago

Two Hearts by casamiento

Published almost 3 years ago

What Maggie Used To Do by Maryam Gamar

Published over 2 years ago

Dear Mr. Tree, by AprilStorms

Published over 2 years ago

Dear Mr. Tree, by AprilStorms

Published over 2 years ago

3 Likes from Others

Where Harrows Go to Die

Liked by 10 people

Second Star to the Right

Liked by 9 people

Second Star to the Right

Liked by 2 people

Pro reviewer

You've now submitted over five reviews!

Earned over 2 years ago

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned over 2 years ago

Follower

You're following over five other writers.

Earned over 2 years ago

Leader

You're being followed by over five other writers!

Earned over 2 years ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned almost 3 years ago

Favoriter

Love your work - you've read and favorited over ten pieces published by others

Earned over 2 years ago

Reviewer

You've reviewed!

Earned almost 3 years ago

Top critic

Woohoo. You've submitted over fifteen reviews.

Earned over 2 years ago

Competitor

Thanks for entering a competition.

Earned almost 3 years ago

Admirer inactive

Follow over twenty other writers to become an admirer!

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Good neighbor inactive

Be a good neighbor - add a profile image and write a short biography.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Patron inactive

Become a patron of writers - follow over thirty of them.

Popular penman inactive

Get over ten favorites for your work to become a Popular Penner.

Power writer inactive

Keep going! Write over ten thousand words and you'll be a Power Writer.

Prolific inactive

Publish over ten different pieces to be truly prolific!

Super star inactive

Get your writing career glittering with more than thirty followers.

Supporter inactive

Get supportive. Follow over ten other writers and get a badge too.