Snapchat 1856098034

xojadex

A girl who wants to become a writer and fulfill her dreams

Snapchat 1856098034
2
1

xojadex (Australia) published:

Come Back

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

He stood there, and stared. Not a word spoken, like time was paused. The surrounding environment was in mute, she stood there staring at him. She waited and waited, hoping to hear him speak or to even blink. But nothing... He continued to stare and she prayed, she prayed every night but he was a statue... and she wished for him to come back to her. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

Snapchat 1856098034

xojadex (Australia) reviewed:

Something Has To End For Something Else To Start

Snapchat 1856098034

xojadex (Australia) reviewed:

The Sky Cries With Me

Snapchat 1856098034

xojadex (Australia) reviewed:

Make Your Own Expectations

PROMPT: Timeless Counsel

Snapchat 1856098034
Reviewer

xojadex (Australia) earned a badge Reviewer

Snapchat 1856098034

xojadex (Australia) liked I Remember my Story by xojadex (Australia)

Snapchat 1856098034
2
1

xojadex (Australia) published:

I Remember my Story

PROMPT: I Remember

I remember.
I remember my first love and all the memories we shared. I remember my first best friend, how we once were strangers but are now closer than ever. I remember when my younger brother was born, and how he would cry all night and day. I remember my first day of high school, I was terrified and anxious. I remember growing up and life began to get hard. I remember watching mother cry when father left, I did...

Snapchat 1856098034

xojadex (Australia) published:

Goodbye Old Friend

PROMPT: Creature View

The smell of morning breakfast scented through the air, the smells of bacon, cinnamon and orange had awaken the family dog. He is begging to get old, he is slow and took some time to rise to his feet. The sound of children giggling and running around, his tale wagged in delightment. He gradually made his way into the family kitchen, observing his owners and listening to the clutters of cutlery and the sizzling of food. The children rush past him and...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Snapchat 1856098034
Good neighbor

xojadex (Australia) earned a badge Good Neighbor

Snapchat 1856098034

xojadex (Australia) published:

Are we Sure About What we Think

PROMPT: Beyond Reason

Tell me, is the light our darkness
​or the darkness our light?
Does our smile mean we're sad  
​or our frown mean we're happy?
​Do we see the truth 
​or only see the lies spoken?
​When we cry does it mean we're sad
​or are we happy?
Are the colours we see are really what they
say to be?

Seeking Peer Reviews

Turned to Stone

Come Back

I Remember

I Remember my Story

I remember.
I remember my first love and all the memories we shared. I remember my first best friend, how we once were strangers but are now closer than ever. I remember when my younger brother was born, and how he would cry all night and day. I remember my first day of high school, I was terrified and anxious. I remember growing up and life began to get hard. I remember watching mother cry when father left, I did not shed a tear. I remember moving to different homes each year, because mother couldn't afford our homes on her own. I remember the last time I saw father, he was in tears, then he disappeared. I remember talking to my true love, telling him every little detail that occurred in my life. I remember getting sick, sitting there in pain in a hospital bed. I remember these like chapters in a book, which is a story of my life.

Creature View

Goodbye Old Friend

The smell of morning breakfast scented through the air, the smells of bacon, cinnamon and orange had awaken the family dog. He is begging to get old, he is slow and took some time to rise to his feet. The sound of children giggling and running around, his tale wagged in delightment. He gradually made his way into the family kitchen, observing his owners and listening to the clutters of cutlery and the sizzling of food. The children rush past him and erupt in giggles. He wants to bark, but has no energy to do so. He desperately wants to get their attention, wants to feel their fingers run through his thick rough coat which once use to be soft. His head lowered, his tale was no longer wagging. The sounds all around began to fade, the voices weren't there anymore. His life his giving way, his time is up... Everything went black, his life is now over. The family dog lived...

Beyond Reason

Are we Sure About What we Think

Tell me, is the light our darkness
​or the darkness our light?
Does our smile mean we're sad  
​or our frown mean we're happy?
​Do we see the truth 
​or only see the lies spoken?
​When we cry does it mean we're sad
​or are we happy?
say to be?

I Remember

I Remember my Story

I remember.

I Remember

I Remember my Story

I remember.
I remember my first love and all the memories we shared. I remember my first best friend, how we once were strangers but are now close than ever. I remember when my younger brother was born, and how he would cry all night and day. I remember my first day of high school, I was terrified and anxious. I remember growing up and life began to get hard. I remember watching mother cry when father left, I did not shed a tear. I remember moving to different homes each year, because mother couldn't afford our homes on her own. I remember the last time I saw father, he was in tears, then he disappeared. I remember talking to my true love, telling him every little detail that occurred in my life. I remember getting sick, sitting there in pain in a hospital bed. I remember these like chapters in a book, which is a story of my life.

Op-Ed Competition

Paying to See The GP

Today in our generation, the government are making us citizens pay to visit the GP and hospitals. People with a disease or just a simple bone fracture are expected to pay for their needs and care. Medicare covered all the costs from a simple medication to life saving surgeries but our government is taking that away from us. In Australia, we are lucky that we have been provided with Medicare and our hospital costs. As for America, they are expected to pay $104 for a 15-minute appointment with their local GP.  Why do we Australians have to pay to visit the GP?

It doesn’t matter if you’re rich or broke, Medicare is there to cover your costs and for every Australian. We still pay for Medicare and about 2% of our income goes towards the Medicare Levy each year. Private Health Insurance is another option for those who want better choice in doctors and want faster service for most surgeries....

Op-Ed Competition

Paying to See The GP

xojadex's 2 Likes

I Remember my Story by xojadex

Published about 1 month ago

I Remember my Story by xojadex

Published 2 months ago

3 Likes from Others

Come Back

Liked by 2 people

I Remember my Story

Liked by 2 people

I Remember my Story

Liked by 1 person

Good neighbor

We like your photo and your biography.

Earned 2 months ago

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned 2 months ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned 2 months ago

Reviewer

You've reviewed!

Earned about 1 month ago

Competitor

Thanks for entering a competition.

Earned 2 months ago

Admirer inactive

Follow over twenty other writers to become an admirer!

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Favoriter inactive

Get favoriting - read and favorite over ten pieces published by others to earn this badge.

Follower inactive

Follow over five other writers and you'll get a badge for your efforts.

Leader inactive

Become a leader of the pack when over five other writers start following you.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Patron inactive

Become a patron of writers - follow over thirty of them.

Popular penman inactive

Get over ten favorites for your work to become a Popular Penner.

Power writer inactive

Keep going! Write over ten thousand words and you'll be a Power Writer.

Pro reviewer inactive

Submit over five reviews and get that Pro Reviewer feeling.

Prolific inactive

Publish over ten different pieces to be truly prolific!

Super star inactive

Get your writing career glittering with more than thirty followers.

Supporter inactive

Get supportive. Follow over ten other writers and get a badge too.

Top critic inactive

Submit over fifteen reviews and you'll be a top critic.

1 Follower

TheWingedKetten TheWingedKetten

xojadex isn't following anyone yet.