AlaynaK

Hey, I love writing. Everyone has an opinion, so share it through writing. Have an amazing day everyday!

Poetry and Spoken Word Competition 2019

Happiness

Happiness.
We all strive for it.
But what is it?
A distraction from our worries,
Or a brand new way of life?
Is it confidence or pride,
Or smiling at your neighbor?

We see smiles everywhere.
On our timelines, 
and even random strangers.
Happiness is more than just a smile.
Happiness is waking up and saying,
”Hey it’s going to be okay.”
True happiness is a way of life. 

True happiness is rare.
In a world full of such hate.
But it’s there waiting for you,
Though fogs hide it from view.
Laughs and smiles will reside,
No matter what you’re going through.

Poetry and Spoken Word Competition 2019

Happiness

Happiness.
We all strive for it.
But what is it?
A distraction from our worries,
Or a brand new way of life?
Is it confidence or pride,
Or smiling at your neighbor?

We see smiles everywhere.
On our timelines, 
and even random strangers.
Happiness is more than just a smile.
Happiness is waking up and saying,
”Hey I’m going to be okay.”
True happiness is a way of life. 

True happiness is rare.
In a world full of such hate.
It’s there waiting for you,
Though fogs hide it from view.
Laughs and smiles will reside,
No matter what you’re going through.

Poetry and Spoken Word Competition 2019

Happiness

Happiness.
We all strive for it.
But what is it?
A distraction from our worries,
Or a brand new way of life?
Is it confidence or pride,
Or smiling at your neighbor?

True happiness is rare.
In a world full of such hate.
It is still there,
Though fogs hide it from view.
Laughs and smiles still reside,
No matter what you’re going through.

Poetry and Spoken Word Competition 2019

Happiness

Happiness.
A distraction or a lifestyle?
Greeting the day with a smile,
Or laughing at a joke?
Happiness is different for all.
For one it is buying a new phone,
Others a chance to meet friends,
And others finding a nickel.

True happiness is rare.
In a world full of such hate.
It is still there,
Though fogs hide it from view.
Laughs and smiles are there,
No matter what you’re going through.

Dance

We tell stories,
Without saying a word.
We convey our emotions,
Without screaming or crying.
We do this by,
Dancing!

We gently sway side to side.
We gracefully leap across the stage.
Girls tiptoe,
Boys march.
That is how we do it!

Bags

A woman on the street holds a single bag.
In it she holds what she needs to survive the week.
A man holds 20 bags.
In it he holds what the rich mayor needs to survive the same week.
A little girl holds a bag.
In it she has dolls for her friend who can’t afford any.
What is in our bags can tell a lot about us.
Next time you see someone with a bag,
try to tell their story.

Dance

We tell stories,
Without saying a word.
We convey our emotions,
Without screaming or crying.
We do this by,
Dancing!

We gently sway side to side.
We gracefully leap across the stage.
Girls tiptoe,
Boys march.
That is how we do it!

Dance

We tell stories,
Without saying a word.
We convey our emotions,
Without screaming or crying.
We do this by,
Dancing!

Sun

Giving us light.
Telling us to start anew.
Bringing light to the flowers that grew.
We greet it with smiles as it warms us.
The sun.

Empty Rooms

Empty rooms fill our world.
To most they are boring and bland.
But to dreamers,
They are bright and beautiful.
Thought nothing is there.
They see,
What that room could be.

Waves

They come and go as we walk.
Bringing us treasures to borrow.
We keep these memories under lock. 
The waves calm me with my sorrows.
The waves.

Moonlight

The soft glow of night, 
Sings me to sleep.
It calms me, 
As I weep,
Assuring me that, 
tomorrow’s hill won’t be so steep.

Good Morning

“Good Moring!” I call.
As I look to a world, 
That not only frightens me,
But also brings joy to all.
Good Morning.
Though sometimes we forget, 
How lucky we are to see.
To see the birds, the trees, the sky.
Good Morning.

Environmental Writing Competition September 2018

The Outdoors

The world has changed. 
For better or for worse?

Long ago people cherished the outdoors. 
Now we see it zooming through cars on highways.
We see it on our phones.
We cover it with smog.
We overrun it with cities. 

We once cherished the outdoors.
We needed it. 
We took it for granted. 
We no longer need it. 
Right?

We can kill the ecosystems. 
The animals will still be there.
The plants will still be there. 
Trees will replant. 

We don’t need air.
We don’t need natural food. 
We can just eat chemicals. 
We can buy packages of air. 
I guess this poem was pointless.
We don’t need nature at all. 

The Outdoors

The world has changed. 
For better or for worse?

Long ago people cherished the outdoors. 
We see it on our phones.
We cover it with smog.
We cover it with cities. 

So many ecosystems have lost their lives in this war we are fighting.
They know we have the upper hand. 
We know it too.
Animal parents fear that their kids won’t be home when they get back.
Baby animals fear that the bad man will kill mom or dad. 

We once cherished the outdoors.
We needed it. 
We took it for granted. 
We no longer need it. 
Right?

We can kill the ecosystems. 
The animals will still be there.
The plants will still be there. 
Trees will replant. 

We don’t need air.
We don’t need natural food. 
We can just eat chemicals. 
We can buy packages of air. 
I guess this poem was pointless.
We don’t need nature at all.  ...

Poetry and Spoken Word Competition 2018

The World I See

There is a world.
A world I see,
beyond all this treachery.

You may not see it.
I couldn’t see it before, 
But now I do. 

This is world is a place of joy, 
laughter, 
and all things good.

I see this world. 
Beyond the hate and the cruelty we spread,
I see it.

There are people who see this too.
We may not know it yet, but
This will be reality.

This world without treachery. 
Let the people with good souls have control.
Without them we are lost in this world we call our own.

Friendship Tweet

True Friends

Hey. True friends have similar interests, and they will treat you as equals. No matter what they will be there for you. They won’t treat you badly. Remember that. If they don’t like you, they don’t deserve you. Have a great day. 

Monster Flash Fiction Competition 2018

The Real Monsters

Our town was normal enough. We had jerky people, self-absorbed people, and immature people. I’m pretty sure my friend, Ellie, and I are the only people who care about other people and things. Well anyways, one day monsters just appeared everywhere. Shadows creeping around every corner, demons patrolling the streets, and ghouls racing through the houses. People used weapons of all kinds to defend themselves. Weapons were scattered over the ground like sugar on a donut. It was the same with the bodies of monsters. Blood ran down the streets like rivers. Everyone was frightened, but no humans had died. Well, until people started just killing anyone who had annoyed them. The town was falling apart. The greedy people they were, everyone wanted to control the town. People died competing for power. One day a frightened Ellie came to my house and asked me to go to the store with her. It was dark outside so I grabbed a flashlight....

My December Competition 2017

December

December. A time of good cheer. A time for celebration. This year in the past there was hate everywhere. Terrorists and their attacks. Gun violence and disrespect.  This December. What will happen this December? All the decorations are up,but does this mean anything? Can we forget all this hate? Maybe for one month we’ve done it before. What if we can’t? Will this December be the same? I ask these questions to make people really think about what’s happening. Are people aware that this could effect “The Happiest Time of the Year?” December. A time of good cheer or a normal month? 

December

December is a time that people act kinder and forget about all the hate in the world. This December. What about this December? There is so much hate in the world. Can we forget? Will we still be full of hate? ‘Tis the season to be jolly. Will we be jolly? Or will the hate in the world effect this feeling?  There is always so much joy in December. I’m always so happy that people are nice. Kids, including myself, wait for this season starting in September. Now I’m worried. What if people aren’t cheery and kind? What if we can’t learn to push away the hate? This December. Will it be full of hate or joy?

Your World in Three Senses

Water

Underwater. Whether it be the ocean or a pool to me the feel of the cold, refreshing water touching my skin is the greatest feeling I have ever felt. The loud sounds of the people above the water and as soon as I go under the surface I am surrounded by the silence of the water. This serenity washes all my problems away with the soothing currents. All my nerves can finally relax. Then, in a pool when I open my eyes the soft, fuzzy blue color that surrounds me makes me feel serene and calm. I don't know any other feeling that makes me feel better. There is no other place where I feel welcome and finally serene. 

Your World in Three Senses

Water

Underwater whether it be the ocean or a pool to me the feel of the cold refreshing water touching my skin is the greatest feeling I have ever felt. The loud sounds of the people above the water and as soon as I go under the surface I am surrounded by the silence of the water. Then in a pool when I open my eyes the blue color that surrounds me makes me feel serene and calm. This feeling makes me lose all troubles and concerns and I don't know any other feeling that makes me feel better.

Op-Ed Competition 2017

Gender Equality

The thing that matters the most to me is gender equality. This matters to me for many reasons. One reason is  that this is not fair for women. Women work just as hard as men and they get paid less. Your gender should not get in the way of how you support your family.Also your gender should not get in the way of your education. You should not have to be told what you have to be because you're a girl. As you can see, the thing that matters to me the most is gender equality.
        Gender inequality is very unfair for many reasons. This is not fair because women are just like men and we are treated unlike them. Sometimes women are even paid less than men. On the US soccer teams the men get paid more for losing than the women get for winning. Also, if the women lose they get paid nothing.In some countries girls...

Op-Ed Competition 2017

Gender Equality

Gender equality is what matters the most to me. This is not fair because women are just like men and we are treated unlike them. On the US soccer teams the men get paid more for losing than the women get for winning. Also, if the women lose they get paid nothing.In some countries girls even have to fight to go to...

Op-Ed Competition 2017

Gender Equality

The thing that matters the most to me is gender equality. This matters to me for many reasons. One reason is  that this is not fair for women. Women work just as hard as men and they get paid less. Your gender should not get in the way of how you support your family. also your gender should not get in the way of your education. Also you should not have to be told what you have to be because your a girl. As you can see, the thing that matters to me the most is gender equality.
        Gender equality is what matters the most to me. This is not fair women are lust like men and we are treated unlike them. On the US soccer teams the men get paid more for losing than the women get for winning. Also if the women lose they get paid nothing that is horrible.In some countries girls even have to...

Op-Ed Competition 2017

Gender Equality

Gender equality is what matters the most to me. This isn't fair women are lust like men and we are treated unlike them. O the US soccer teams the men get paid more for losing than the women get for winning. Also if the women lose they get paid nothing isn't that horrible.In some countries girls even have to fight to go to school, and they're only used to cook and clean houses. Women also had to cover up their faces in their country. We are not the lesser gender, and we deserve to be treated just like men. If you think that women are the lesser gender go take your windshield wipers off your car because a women named Mary Anderson. Women have also invented things like computer software, the dishwasher, and more. As you can see, gender equality is what matters the most to me.
    Gender equality is what matters the most to me for many...

Hunger Matters

Stopping world hunger is what matters to me. Everyday I know that I will  eat ,but some people aren't ever sure if they will get even a bite a day. Having to wonder if you're going to eat is sad ,and it must be painful. Without food people would die in about three weeks.According to United Nations about 21,000 people die because of hunger each year.That's one person every four seconds,and most of the people who die are children. I want there to be more food shelters around my community and around the world so people can get the food and nutrients they need. I don't think having people die of hunger is what we want for the world. As you can see, stopping world hunger is what matters to me.

WILD

Running

The wild rush of running free
always calls to me. 
Running freely around the world. 
There are no limits to my fast feet.
On the long road ahead I shall meet 
beautiful creatures
with fur, scales, and more.
I'll end in bed 
my feet at rest,
but I'll still dream of
running wild and free.

Becoming Human

My Willow Tree

When I weep I'll run to my willow tree.
Its long leafy green branches lean down and hug me.
As the wind blows,
the leaves rustle, and whisper little words of comfort to me.
The branches sway gracefully and swiftly.
Together we'll dance and sway
as the sun sets.
Then I must go inside.
As I sleep I dream of our next meeting.

Hunger Matters

Stopping world hunger is what matters to me. Everyday I know that I will  eat ,but some people aren't ever sure if they will get even a bite a day. Having to wonder if you're going to eat is sad ,and it must be painful. Without food people would die in about three weeks. Too many people don't have enough money to buy food ,and then die because of it. I want there to be more food shelters around my community and around the world so people can get the food and nutrients they need. I don't think having people die of hunger is what we want for the world. As you can see, stopping world hunger is what matters to me.

This I Believe

I Believe in.....

I believe in magic since without it there would be no imagination.
I believe in imagination because without it there would be no stories.
I believe in the power of stories since it can change someone's life and open new doors.

I believe in friendship because without friendship there would be no trust.
I believe in trust since without it no one would be brave.
I believe in bravery because if no one was brave who would make change.
I believe in change because how else would the world become a better place.

WILD

Running

The wild rush of running free
always calls to me. 
Running freely around the world. 
There are no limits to my fast feet.
On the road I shall meet 
wonderful creatures
of all kinds.
I'll end in bed 
my feet at rest,
but I'll still dream of
running wild and free.