18922076 424290971285925 7114556510841858986 n

Jeremy Houle

There is no better way to improve yourself than braving the storm.

Hi, my name is Jeremy, an aspiring hero of your heart.

Homeschooled Christian.

My book is on Amazon: Start Your Own Business for Teens
IG: jeremy.houle99

If you love someone, they deserve to know.

My book: www.amazon.com/dp/B076ZR1DTK

Default avatar user icon

Jeremy Houle (United States) started following Dilemmaemma (Germany)

Img 20180129 wa0002

Jeremy Houle (United States) started following Jeremiah wangx (Tanzania, United Republic of)

7095c98e 9f12 43af a9c4 df678cff195b

Jeremy Houle (United States) started following WhiltiernaWolfLord (United States)

Default avatar user icon

Jeremy Houle (United States) started following Juniper Sora (United States)

3d pencil drawing black and white eyes 3d eye pencil sketch 3d pencil drawing black and white eyes

Jeremy Houle (United States) started following 16missing (United States)

Img 0166

Jeremy Houle (United States) started following † Skyward Bound † (United States)

Jeremy Houle (United States) reviewed:

Atomic Smile

The fourth stanza is my favorite because it reflects on other opposite loves, summed up as 'unsaid goodbyes.' How eternally haunting those are, don't you agree? The last two lines of the poem seeped into my brain like a well...

Jeremy Houle (United States) reviewed:

Colorful Pain

I, along with almost everyone else, have struggled with depression and still periodically do. I love the colorful spin you put on it - no pun intended :) Most people only address the way you feel, like you can never...

3daea6aea008bdbb1f3e5c101a6b9855

Jeremy Houle (United States) started following GodsGirl4 (United States)

Hollyhocks

Jeremy Houle (United States) started following Janna Brown (United States)

Magmatized

I went through life the same way every day
Did the daily grind and felt nothing, had no vision.
As I was about to leave a regular haunt, I saw you enter there
And something curious told me to stay.
It said not only that, but to talk to you, if I dare.

My stone cold heart told me not to,
Not to walk over: indecision.
Said it was a waste of time. I agreed.
But something said “Come, friend: try something new; let there be two.”
I went to leave, but ‘twas a noxious weed.

The closer I got the brighter you shined
You filled my whole field of vision.
I will always remember your yellow hair bow.
It was my heart you mined –
No rather, turned it to magma; I felt love flow.

My heart, magmatized
You and I – a powerful collision.
I wanted to be your friend and get to know you ...

Every Last Stalk of Hair

There comes a time in almost everyone's life when all they want is nothing. What they want is to lack. 

What is it, exactly, that they want to lack? You find it on your black slacks when you're running late, it can be donated, it can be sold, it tickles your nose, and it has been used for art and banner making.

Still don't know what it is? Well, here are some easier hints: 
Every mammal has it, 
Gandalf has a lot of it, 
and millions of people shave it off every morning. 

Now you know what it is: hair. Hair, hair! That embarrassing moment when you remember you didn't shave your legs all weekend and now it's Monday and you're wearing a skirt. Oh the pain when you realize that you forget to shave underneath your chin. 

Fortunately for humans worldwide, I have discovered an absolutely free way to ensure you get every last hair off your whole body. Every. Single....

The Wind in Our Arms, or A Lovely Shade, A Beloved Carpet

I am a tree, you are my soil
Without you I could never be strong
You provide me with nutrients
And water.
I am tall and powerful
I want you to stay near me
I won’t let you erode
You are too precious.
The grass that is yours
And the flowers you grow
Are so beautiful and fragile.
My arms contrast your delicate ones,
Making both you and I more beautiful.
I will shade you from the harsh rays of the sun
But let the gentle ones down to you
So you can be warm, and your flowers can grow.

When the strong winds come, and I feel like giving up
I feel you beside me, and I feel strong.
I will never leave you lonely.
When the wind is calm, and you start to get cold,
I will let my leaves fall and blanket you from the harsh winter.

You and I, together
Make a beautiful environment. ...

Memories - To Catch and to Keep

When into your heart you bring beauty and light,
You must take the utmost care.
It’s quite an art to hold onto them – but you need not might!
They are quite slippery and hard to catch like air.

Memories though immaterial are easily soiled.
Others dirty them but so do we
Putting in bad leaves and then having them boiled
It is often we ourselves who darken them like tea.

Question not motives nor second guess things
Take them at face value as originally seen
Remember the way it was when your heart first sings.
Question not why or how, or your memories you’ll demean.

A good memory kept secret is tricky
Some memories when shared bloom, while others die away.
Whether to share or not depends on to whom – the matter is sticky.
It’s almost a gamble, it’s quite hard to say.

To keep and protect and to share
Is a duty we...

What They Want Is To Lack

What is it, exactly, that they want to lack? It has been used to make soy sauce(1), it can be donated, it can be sold, NASA has considered using it to clean up oil spills(2), and it has been used for art and banner making.(3)

Every mammal has it,
Gandalf has a lot of it,

Now you know what it is: hair. Hair, hair! That embarrassing moment when you remember you didn't shave your legs all weekend and now it's Monday and you're wearing a skirt. Oh the pain when you realize that you forget to shave underneath your chin.

Fortunately for humans worldwide, I have discovered an absolutely free way to ensure you get every last hair off...

One Sentence Story

Time

I've changed faces through the years, but I remain the same inside- One year you saw me as a bridge, next a flower- now I'm Flynn Writer; to truly glimpse what is inside me, simply read those which are immortal...
that is, the words I've written.

Perusal of a Mind

Doctor Alex James, NSG, was prepping himself. He took a deep breath. Having graduated just six years earlier from college, Doctor James still felt a rush before performing such delicate brain surgery.

Doctor James briefed the nurses once more.
“This man, identified as Brian, is a victim of the RMD weapon. Our data says he has twelve minutes left to live. Stay sharp, and let’s do our best.”

Out of the corner of his eye, James saw a nurse shudder. He didn’t blame her. The mysterious RMD weapon, or rapid memory decay weapon, was a hypothetical weapon based on evidence left at several crime scenes.
 Which was usually not much.

The weapon caused the portion of the brain that stores memory to rapidly dissolve. In order to save the victim, a neurosurgeon would attempt to reconstruct key memories of the most important things in the victim’s life.
Doctor James quickly jotted his notes.

“October 20th, 2018. 1405 hours. RMD victim.”
...

Understand Me When I

I am not a naturally outgoing person. I'm more of an introvert. I'm not an extreme introvert, I can talk to adults, guys, and girls. 
But not without reason.
I don't blab my mouth all the time- if it doesn't mean something, I don't say it. If it's just about me, I don't say it. Who wants to hear what I did this weekend? The answer: only people that care about me. Only when I know that you care about me will I open up to you about my daily doings- I don't want people who are neutral towards me to automatically hate me because I won't shut up.
So if I do talk to you, please know that it's not because I dislike you; I never make fun of people. The world has enough negativity in it already. 
When I talk to you, it's because... wait for it... I care about you. It was at least kind of difficult...

Friendship Narrative Competition 2016

Only 3

Hour 1

Mom is crying in the corner. Well, we’re all in tears, but Mom is taking it the hardest. Naturally I should be taking it the hardest, but I can’t believe it. A three day vacation should not kill you.

Especially not so soon.

For my sixteenth birthday I wanted to go to the space colony on Mars, Exploration 1. I was the only one on the spaceship traveling there. I guess Earth is too pretty to sacrifice for a red rock, unless you’re me, who has horrible allergies.
It was fun. Very red. My best friend Alex and I got to look through the colony windows at the terraformed environment for cattle. Neat stuff. I was going to attend college to become a Mar’s scientist and major in water management. Water management on Mars is difficult because not only is it super cold, but the atmospheric pressure is much, much lower. Hence, water can boil at a much...

What They Want Is To Lack

Every mammal has it,
Gandalf has a lot of it,

Friendship Tweet

Bridges

Friendship starts as a tiny string and grows and grows until it's a bridge. Ideas are the first to drive over that bridge. Over that bridge of friendship we then see support, love, and help driving.

The bridge gets an upgrade- now it's a four lane bridge. Now we see time, energy, and emotions shared over that bridge.

Over that bridge we can sometimes see bad things driving over, such as hurt that needs help with. Sometimes it's meant to harm to receiving end. That's when the bridge should be demoted to a two lane bridge or destroyed altogether.

Friendship is a choice, as well as a subconscious connection. Thought, and feeling. Love, and pain. Help, and helped.

Understand Me When I

But not without reason.

Six-Word Memoir

Me

Jesus saved me from my sin.

Food Writing Competition 2015

Communication- Through Food

Oxford Dictionary defines food as the following: Any nutritious substance that people or animals eat or drink, or that plants absorb, in order to maintain life and growth.
I think this is a heartbreaking definition. It takes all of the history, power, and even personality of food and condenses it to a simple matter of nutrition. Food is a colorful glimpse into each nation’s history, a helping staff for the weak, comfort for the heart-broken, and a tool that can reconcile the most awkward parties and the bitterest of enemies. What makes food so powerful? Perhaps the reason food is so powerful is because it’s something that all humans have in common, and it allows a human to communicate with any other human on earth, and even some of its animals.
            Ethnologue, a website devoted to tracking and monitoring the world’s languages, reports that there are currently over seven thousand living languages- that is, still spoken languages. No person...

Five Beginnings

5 First Steps

1. As I walked down Fifth Street in Philadelphia, I started to doubt that this was the city of "Brotherly Love" when a teenaged guy started staring at me. Since the accident, people have always stared - but their eyes never turned completely black like the robe he was dressed in.

2. It was an innocent hug. It was less than 2 seconds. And no wonder, becuase it was his grandma. 

3. I love looking up when it's snowing, except for when the snow hurts my eyes. My eyes. I pulled out a small mirror in my purse and looked at them. I couldn't understand them. When I asked other people what the color of my eyes was, they said there were just brown. But I don't see brown eyes. I see snow-white bordering a dark luxerious purple iris, followed by a hazel colored pupil.

4. Dr. Heathecliffe was talking about his favorite subject, physics, when he heard a sneeze. Now of course, it...

Poetry

Felicitay

To be you it is true,
I can never be.
But to imagine I'm you, 
Possibly.

It's ten in the morning,
    I'm typing a warning,
    And at ninety words per minute,
    I'm delving right in it.

"A warning?" you say,
    "Are you sure, Felicitay?"
    Yes, I reply,
    Though my smile is sly.

My friend's feeling remorse,
    Ov'r lettting run the course,
    Her mom signing her up for debat team.

I fill with glee, 
    As I grab a tee,
    To give to my friend for fulfilling a dream.

I've drempt of the day,
    When my friend would say,
    "Dear Felicitay,
    What do I do before my big day?"

I start to grin,
    But she starts to sour.
    Perhaps she thinks when I begin,
    I won't be done for an hour.

But I promise not to bore. ...

Poetry

Felicitay

To be you it is true,
I can never be.
But to imagine I'm you, 
Possibly.

It's ten in the morning,
    I'm typing a warning,
    And at ninety words per minute,
    I'm delving right in it.

"A warning?" you say,
    "Are you sure, Felicitay?"
    Yes, I reply,
    Though my smile is sly.

My friend's feeling remorse,
    Ov'r lettting run the course,
    Her mom signing her up for debat team.

I fill with glee, 
    As I grab a tee,

I've drempt of the day,
    When my friend would say,
    "Dear Felicitay,
    What do I do before my big day?"

I start to grin,
    But she starts to sour.
    Perhaps she thinks when I begin,
    I won't be done for an hour.

But I promise not to bore. ...

Five Beginnings

5 First Steps

2. It was an innocent hug. It was less than 2 seconds. And no wonder, becuase it was his grandma. But what in the world was she doing now?

4. Dr. Heathecliffe was talking about his favorite subject, physics,...

The Limerick

Humility At Work

The humble man in the moon,

with his little brown sneaky baboon,

washes the window,

and lights the rainbow,

While he whistles his simple tune.

Why I Write

To Write Is

To write is to remember

to remember is to relive

the moments of our lives

that impacted us most

either by jarring us

or by soothing us, be it

a first hug, so dear

or the loss of a loved one

so near.

I write to remember my life. If I write it, I can always relive it. be it

a great dream

that first hug

that nasty bug

a swing on a beam.

YOU in threes

Jeremy/3

1.      Three quirks or idiosyncrasies.

I sleep in socks.
I match the color of my underwear to the color of my socks.
I test the crushing power of the windows in every vehicle I travel in with my hand. (ouch)

2.      Three communities to which you belong (these can be unusual).

homeschool co-op
robotics class
christianity stack exchange

3.      Three adjectives your peers would use to describe you.
quiet
interesting once I got to know him
different than what you think

4.      Three adjectives your family would use.

Funny
nice
Awesome

5.      Three adjectives you would use.
smart.
real.
observing.

6.      Three things about you that very few people know.
I as a homeschooler have waaaaay more friends than my public and christian school friends do.
the people I like.
The real me.

7.      Three beliefs you hold.

The purpose of every human on earth is to glorify the God of the Bible.
We are what we make ourselves....

Fantasy Writing Competition 2015

Through Skies to the Blue Planet

As Kyle Bennett stepped off of the interplanetary shuttle, he took his first breath of air on the planet Neifel. He smiled in anticipation of his new life here as he grabbed his rugged leather bag out of the luggage compartment. Kyle walked away from the shuttle and sat down on a blue, nearly translucent bench to gather in his surroundings and review his plans. As he looked around, he noticed that all the buildings were very tall; the architecture seemed to laugh at gravity. Beautiful blue arches the same color as his bench rose miles into the sky and kissed the clouds as they passed by. The heaviest of skyscrapers were standing on the thinnest blue material he had seen yet. There was definitely something strange about the stuff, Kyle decided. As he was looking around, he noticed an elaborate sign advertising for an area called the Square and some smaller writing that merely said, “Visitor’s Center.” Kyle decided...

Fernweh

Luctamo - painful loving

Luctamo (verb, can also be used as a noun): painful loving

Pronounced: Lucked-a-mow (stress the lucked)

Derived from the Latin words luctus, which means grief, and amo, which mean to cherish (love).

Luctamo is exampled perfectly when you love an enemy. Or when parents continue to love and provide for their rebellious daughter. And when you tell a friend what they need to hear even if it means they might stop being your friend.

Using the word:

“The Willamses’ luctamo their daughter who stole their life savings.” (verb)

“The Williamses’, instead of filing a lawsuit, are displaying lunctamo towards their daughter.” (noun)

“I know those words hurt; I didn’t want to hurt you, you just needed to know. It was luctamo, not hate.” (noun) 

Open Prompt

Musicbox of Generations

Alexander Worth felt in his rough robe for the ancient key. As he walked down the last steps of the tedious descent, he knew this would be the last time he would have this privilege. Squinting at the old envelope and putting it in the moonlight that was staring through a window, he could just barely make out the medieval writing. “Blow off that which has seen your fathers, and your fathers you may see.” it said. A tall, dusty door squeaked as he opened it. With a cane in his left hand and a lantern in his right, Alexander walked down the dark, cavernous hallway.  Alexander suddenly tripped, which caused the ancient cedar boards beneath him to groan with an ominous creak.  He continued walking down the dark hall, with the light of his lantern just barely licking the far edges of it. At the end of the hall, the lantern was set in a groove that was...

Jeremy Houle's 32 Likes

As Long as You'll Have Me by Haleistorm

Published over 1 year ago

The Hummingbird by Haleistorm

Published 10 months ago

Colorful Pain by Riley Noel

Published 9 months ago

She's Shy, I'm Shy by ARSauble

Published 8 months ago

I Remember You by Haleistorm

Published about 1 year ago

Poet DNA by Glasses-And-Blades

Published about 1 year ago

Fragile Apologies by Glasses-And-Blades

Published about 1 year ago

Scrumptious by Mystery Girl

Published about 1 year ago

Like Hope in Darkness by Brendan Gibbons

Published almost 3 years ago

The Eitan Letters by Jenneth LeeD

Published almost 2 years ago

Amnesiac by Takeacake

Published over 2 years ago

Enasni by Jenneth LeeD

Published over 2 years ago

Biography of the Moon by Demory

Published over 2 years ago

Bright Things by Niamh Writes

Published over 2 years ago

The First Time by Vani Desabhotla

Published over 2 years ago

I Am With the Poor by Sasha K. Lotnikee

Published almost 4 years ago

Where's the Other Pair? by Sasha K. Lotnikee

Published almost 4 years ago

Do They Care? Now I Know. by alaina_janette

Published over 2 years ago

The Cross by Raiquia

Published over 2 years ago

The Big Reveal by Sasha K. Lotnikee

Published almost 4 years ago

Home Sweet Home by Sasha K. Lotnikee

Published almost 4 years ago

Walking Down the Hallway by Sasha K. Lotnikee

Published almost 4 years ago

Published almost 4 years ago

Lessons and Losses by Felicitay

Published almost 3 years ago

My Moon by Ricé

Published almost 3 years ago

Two Hearts by casamiento

Published almost 3 years ago

Through Skies to the Blue Planet by Jeremy Houle

Published almost 3 years ago

Published almost 3 years ago

For Forever She Will Never by Grace Mary Potts

Published about 3 years ago

19 Likes from Others

Magmatized

Liked by 7 people

Only 3

Liked by 1 person

Luctamo - painful loving

Liked by 13 people

What They Want Is To Lack

Liked by 1 person

Every Last Stalk of Hair

Liked by 1 person

Bridges

Liked by 2 people

Me

Liked by 1 person

What They Want Is To Lack

Liked by 1 person

Understand Me When I

Liked by 1 person

Jeremy/3

Liked by 1 person

Felicitay

Liked by 1 person

Felicitay

Liked by 1 person

The Fourth Day

Liked by 1 person

Jeremy's Life: a number story

Liked by 1 person

Good neighbor

We like your photo and your biography.

Earned over 2 years ago

Pro reviewer

You've now submitted over five reviews!

Earned almost 3 years ago

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned almost 3 years ago

Follower

You're following over five other writers.

Earned almost 3 years ago

Supporter

You're following over 10 other writers right now.

Earned almost 3 years ago

Admirer

You've followed over twenty other writers!

Earned over 2 years ago

Patron

You're following over thirty other writers!

Earned over 2 years ago

Leader

You're being followed by over five other writers!

Earned almost 3 years ago

Super star

You've got SO many followers - more than thirty!

Earned about 1 year ago

Power writer

Do you ever sleep? You've written over TEN THOUSAND WORDS.

Earned over 2 years ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned almost 3 years ago

Prolific

You really are prolific - you've published over ten pieces already.

Earned almost 3 years ago

Favoriter

Love your work - you've read and favorited over ten pieces published by others

Earned almost 3 years ago

Popular penman

Very nicely done - you've got over ten favorites.

Earned over 2 years ago

Reviewer

You've reviewed!

Earned almost 3 years ago

Top critic

Woohoo. You've submitted over fifteen reviews.

Earned over 2 years ago

Competitor

Thanks for entering a competition.

Earned almost 3 years ago

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer