Michael O'Brien

My mission is to please the world with my words

"stars don't shine without darkness"

Unbelievable Food

Seafood Grilled Cheese

1/2 pound of shredded mozzarella 
1/2 pound of deveined shrimps
1 delectable lobster tail
2 pieces of sliced bread 
Some butter 

Smother the bottom of a pan with butter and wait for it to melt as the pan is being heated. Just as the butter has heated plop the bread on the pan with some cheese sprinkled on top. In another pan heat up the shrimp and lobster. Then add the two creations together and WALA you have a masterpiece.   

Turned to Stone

Life Standing Still

As the light fills my house, I must hide in fear as I cannot see the sun because if I ever do I will not live to tell the tale. My special disease gives me no freedom except in the black of the night to roam and explore the land in which surrounds me. I make a living from home and I rarely leave my house, but when I do I feel alive. I sense the fresh air fill my lungs and see sights that I have never seen before. I wonder the dark desolate streets wondering what this place looks like if it were to be light.

Timeless Counsel

True Happiness

Throughout the short time that I have been present upon this earth I have learned that true happiness comes from within. You have the choice to be happy and if you have depression then that is because you put yourself in the position. Happiness comes from within 

Creature View

My life the dog

Look at this. What is this, why haven't I seen something like this in my life. I look at this toy that my master has placed in front of me and love it. I feel a sense of euphoria ever time I squeak it. it is a bright orange on it. My master just threw it, I think I should get it and retrieve it. 

What Came Before

Growing up

When I was a kid, I always wanted to explore. Whether it be something I have already explored or something new that I have never seen before. I always dreamed of going to the moon, visiting the bottom of the ocean or going deep into the amazon rainforest. My eagerness to find something new could never be settled. That was until I grew up and lost my inspiration to be something I cannot

Op-Ed Competition 2017

Thinking

Why does one think what they think, why does one do what they do. While I cannot answer this question with scientific evidence, I can dive deeper into the topic with logical reasoning. I think that people think about things that connect with them and because of a person's thoughts, they have actions that resemble their thoughts. So the true reason that people have actions is becuase they have thoughts. 

1 Photo, 100 Words

One Crazy Night

Music flys through the air along with many people looking to go home with a "friend". One man, looking rather dashing is here for the first time. His name is Karthik, his majestic smile glitters in the air and attracts many cute ladies. But he is only looking for one, her name is Aziz. To Karthik, Aziz is the most beautiful women alive. He builds up the courage to go talk to her and finally walks over. He takes a deep breath and mutters out only sentence. "Hello, my name is karthik and I want to get to know you".

Writing Synapses

Write ten thousand words

ten thousand words looks something like this amazing writing piece
ten thousand words looks something like this amazing writing piece ...

Self and a Statistic

Video games, the rise and fall

1. The biggest rush of simulated excitement in a compact small time period gives the user an escape from reality.  
2. Ruining the lives of those who cannot stop, this brain killer takes no prisoners while life passes them by.

Open Prompt

The following, one mans small act of kindness leads to another instant gratification.

Today, I shall be recording the emotions that I felt as Mr. Hakim, my English teacher, followed me on this site, Write the World. I look up in awe as ever so gracefully Mr. Hakim scrolled down the activities of all my fellow peers. Out of the blue, I ask Mr. Hakim, "how will you know if we publish something". He looks at me with a smile on his face and instantly tells me that "[he] will see it on [his] feed" and proceeded to click on my name. This gave me the grand idea to ask him with a follow-up question, "can you follow me?" and in my opinion, this was the best decision that I had made all class. Confused and surprised, he looks at me and ever so peacefully says" yes Michael, I will". The emotions came rushing in as I began to feel all sorts of happiness. He proceeds to follow me on this site, Write the...

10 Words

10 words of December ;)

1. ​evergreen
2. ​shiver
3. ​thaw
​4. wool
5. gingerbread woman
6. log
7. drafty
8. overcoat
9. snowboard
10. muffler

Open Prompt