Melissa Morgan

My teacher made us sign up for this in class, but it turns out I really like writing here.

nothing on my mind

I don't know what to write. I don't know what I could possibly fill this empty void with that would somehow make an impact on society. Time restrictions give me anxiety, make me feel confined. Hinder me more than help me. But I have 5 minutes to publish a piece work before we continue on with our studies. 5 minutes to write a story or poem. 5 minutes to write something mediocre or exceptional. Going over all the topics that are swirling around in my head, I come up empty handed. So I'm writing what I'm thinking. I'm typing every sporadic sentence that forms in my brain. Trying not to think because thinking will lead to rethinking and rethinking will lead to deleting and deleting will lead me to nothing. And nothing is not acceptable. 

nothing on my mind

I don't know what to write. I don't know what I could possibly fill this empty space with that would somehow be impactful to others. Time restrictions give me anxiety, make me feel restricted. Hinder me more than help me. But we have 5 minutes to publish a work before we move on in class. 5 minutes to write a story or poem. 5 minutes to write something mediocre or exceptional. Going over all the topics that are swirling around in my head, I come up empty handed. So I'm writing what I'm thinking. I'm typing every sporadic sentence that forms in my brain. Trying not to think because thinking will lead to rethinking and rethinking will lead to deleting and deleting will lead me to nothing.

the color of emotion

Today I feel blue
Blue like the ocean, dark and infinite
Blue like the sky, empty and lonesome
Blue like a sweater, heavy and oversized
Today feels like a blue day

Today I feel yellow
Yellow like the sun, warm and bright
Yellow like a highlighter, neon and fragrant
Yellow like a sticky note, small and important 
Today feels like a yellow day 

Today I feel green
Green like the grass, hidden and insignificant
Green like money, crumpled and torn
Green like a child, unaware and trusting
Today feels like a green day

Today I feel red
Red like an apple, crisp and tasty
Red like a pen, judgmental and flowing
Red like a stop sign, aggressive and lawful
Today feels like a red day

But it will never feel like a rainbow
I will never feel red, yellow, green, and blue
One color will always feel abandoned, always feel rejected, always feel empty
One part...