Rachel S.

Hey! I'm Rachel and I love to write. I don't come on here that often, but I'm always open to exchanging reviews. :)

Peer Reviews

The Face of a Cliff

PROMPT: Becoming Human

I love this! You have an excellent command of creative verbs and imagery that really brings the poem to life. One suggestion I have is really picky, but honestly I'm not seeing any big problems. If I were you I would change "me" to "him" in the second to last line, so that the poem remains centered around him instead of the climber. Or, you could switch the third-to-last and second-to-last lines. I think that would help the final words flow more smoothly through the mind. Right now it's just a bit clunky.

about 3 years

Oh How the Mighty Fall

PROMPT: Becoming Human

1. This is a small thing—"their chatter is always mistaken for beautiful song" either needs to be a line/sentence of its own, or you need to take out the word "is". Right now it's grammatically incorrect. 2. Similar thing with "there's still joy in the world"—you need a word like "for" or "because" after "taller"

about 3 years

Strings

PROMPT: Becoming Human

It's interesting how you chose to number this piece. I see why you chose to do so, but I'm wondering if it's necessary. Is there a way you could create easier transitions? It's really a decision based on personal choice.

about 3 years

Pouring Pandora A Drink

PROMPT: Becoming Human

I can relate so much to this poem. It brings me back to moments when I have felt like I might erupt, too. However, this wouldn't be a review without constructive criticism... I think the last three lines could use a bit more work. The tough part is making it so there is a sense of conclusion, and you're definitely getting there, but the language is a bit clumsy compared to the rest of the piece. I'm not sure how to put it without actually giving you suggestions for words... it just feels like there are some holes between words.

about 3 years