SomeFormOfWriting

I came to this site to put my writing out there and express myself. But now this has become my prison, filled with pressures and censors that stop me from writing free.

And now I'm finally breaking out.

Thank you.
I'm sorry.

Goodbye.

Peer Reviews

ROY G BIV | Peace and Quiet

These characters have a special place in my heart. This was such a sweet, pure installment. This was a review of the MyFormOfWriting Competition way back when, sorry it took me so long to review!

over 2 years

The Seven of Us

PROMPT: Zoom Out

Your extensive vocabulary is incredible, as always (although, maybe vary it in some places I pointed out). This was a review of the MyFormOfWriting Competition way back when, sorry it took me so long to review!

over 2 years

The Depths

PROMPT: Given First Line

Oh, man... This is absolutely incredible. These descriptions and imagery are phenomenal. I love this so much. This was a review of the MyFormOfWriting Competition way back when, sorry it took me so long to review!

over 2 years

A Child's Imagination

PROMPT: Poetry and Spoken Word Competition 2018

It's super cool how you put the reality at the bottom of the child's imagination. I love how the reader can slowly but surely figure out the event being described. I thought it would be neat, though, to continue to progress the same story -- the same childhood, so that the reader could see the innocence of childhood slowly fading away. Also, make sure to keep use of commas at the ends of lines consistent (either always use them where there should be a comma, or never use them. I hope this makes sense >_<). This was a review of the MyFormOfWriting Competition way back when, sorry it took me so long to review!

over 2 years

January 2018 Vignettes

I can feel your thoughts, passion, and love just by reading this vignettes; I feel like I've gotten to know you better through reading these. This was a review of the MyFormOfWriting Competition way back when, sorry it took me so long to review!

over 2 years

December 2017 Vignettes

Vignettes are amazing. Throughout ever single one, you keep a consistent tone throughout; a tone fitting to the subject. This was a review of the MyFormOfWriting Competition way back when, sorry it took me so long to review!

over 2 years

November 2017 Vignettes

I love vignettes. You have such amazing control over your words and sentence structure. Truly stunning. This was a review of the MyFormOfWriting Competition way back when, sorry it took me so long to review!

over 2 years

ROY G BIV | Warm

This piece so, so cute; it's the kind of piece I would read if I just wanted to smile. I ship Rojo and Oren so much. <3 This was a review of the MyFormOfWriting Competition way back when, sorry it took me so long to review!

over 2 years

ROY G BIV | Blurring Blend

I love this series, honestly. This was a review of the MyFormOfWriting Competition way back when, sorry it took me so long to review!

over 2 years

Silent Beauty

PROMPT: The World Anew

This is a short piece, so I don't have many comments, sorry! But it really is a stunning piece with beautiful descriptors and metaphors.

over 2 years

Dark Soul

This is a really good piece that really draws the reader in; I can sense the emotion, the desperation. Normally, dialogue being exchanged is separated with line breaks so they're clear as to who's speaking. Also, make sure you stay consistent with tense (past v present).

over 2 years

World Storm One

This is a beautifully written piece. I love your line breaks. I can't really describe it, but I feel like it really adds to the tone of the piece.

over 2 years

#flower

Thank you for writing to this prompt! This is short and sweet, and has some very eloquently written sentences.

over 2 years

#SFOW20 | Beauty is Terror

This is honestly so beautifully written (I normally comment lines I really love, but I love all of these). Thank you for writing this. As for how this poem made me feel: in awe. I just found it very beautiful. It's very elegant, with beautiful, yet slightly vague descriptors. The twist is incredible and I just love it all. <3

over 2 years

Love, I Guess

I can relate to many parts of this piece, and I'm sure it rings true to a lot of other people too.

over 2 years

The Life of a Protein/Ex-mRNA

Okay, as a biology nerd, I was very drawn to this piece because of the name. I honestly love this.

over 2 years

Skritha and my dogs

T^T This piece... T^T I liked how the sentences were all fairly short and simple, yet so, so powerful. I feel like maybe you should change the title to draw the reader in more and maybe have a hidden meaning?

over 2 years

#SFOW15 | Like Wine

Thank you for writing to this prompt. I personally think it's really fun one, and you executed it shortly, simply, and beautifully.

over 2 years

#SFOW5 | ROY G BIV

First, thanks for writing to one of my prompts! Second, I love this so much! The entire piece was incredibly entertaining and incredibly relatable. I found myself laughing so much. All the characters are so unique, and their interactions with one another are as well. This was super fun to read and I loved every minute of it! <3

over 2 years

#SFOW3 | Holy

Thanks for participating in this! I honestly loved this. I think you compared Holy and Sinful really well and I loved the cadence of your stanzas. <3

over 2 years

#SFOW1 | Serpent

Thank you so much for participating in this! Again, I love the constellation you chose. <3

over 2 years

Colors #SFOW5

First, thank you so much for responding to one of my prompts! Second, this was super fun to read. I personally love looking up color meanings and whatnot, so it's awesome to see the characteristics put onto people and see which ones would get along and which wouldn't. Let me know if you think of an ending!

over 2 years

RED

The way this is written helps me step into the mind and thinking process of the protagonist, which I think is great! For constructive criticism: you start a lot of sentences with "I," and I understand that it might just be your style, but I feel like it's repetitive and slightly boring; maybe think of ways you could reword some of your sentences.

over 2 years

One More Light #constellation #SFOW1

This is a beautiful piece. Thank you so much for writing one of my prompts!

over 2 years

Take a Snapshot Now, Pt.5

This is super cool and it must've been really difficult, I commend you.

over 2 years

Take a Snapshot Now, Pt.4

This covers a really heavy topic is a really light way (it's light to me, at least), and I think you've managed to do that really well.

over 2 years

Take a Snapshot Now, Pt.2

Your word choice and sentence formation (?) is incredible in this piece. It's very poetic and flows pretty darn well. <3

over 2 years

Take a Snapshot Now, Pt.1

This was really cool. I think you made good use of the creative ways to space things, what with the "Smileafter..." and "scrolling scrolling scrolling" lines, and with the creative, out-of-place capitalization at the end that somehow works.

over 2 years

Viridescence

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2018

Again, amazing vocabulary, amazing beginning and end. You really have a knack for choosing just the right words. Critiques/Questions: You have really, really long sentences in the second paragraph, so you may want to separate them in order to clarify exactly what's going on, because otherwise it blurs together and it's difficult to discern anything. Where did the title come from, apparently it's Latin for "green" (if so, I approve, I love Latin)? Also, the 4th paragraph seemed a bit rushed (was there a word count?), but maybe that's just because the rest of the piece want at a pretty calm pace.

over 2 years

Anything and Everything: Prologue

This is super cool, honestly! I love the writing style and the tone of the piece. If you continue this, I have a feeling it's going to be a really unique, really awesome novel!

over 2 years

#MyFormOfWriting -Screaming Out

Thanks for participating! I like how you showed the good and bad sides of social media. Make sure you stay consistent regarding past and present tense.

over 2 years

#MyFormOfWriting Competition Music/Sound: Nature's Symphony

Thank you for entering! Your writing style is stunning, and the imagery: beautiful.

over 2 years

#MyFormOfWriting

Thank you for entering! I have similar views on kindness and lack thereof, and I think you phrased them perfectly. I believe, due to personal experiences, that if one person has that negative air about them, and they take it out on another, it doesn't remove the negative air, instead the negativity goes through mitosis (or something), and simply multiplies before transferring to the other person, who will then transfer it again. And I think the only real way to end this chain is to have just that one person who says, "You know what? This sucks, but I'm going to project positivity instead." You seem to be one of these kinds of people, and appreciate you, and I'm sure others appreciate your kindness. <3

over 2 years

#MyFormOfWriting Submission: What Hurts (Section B)

Thank you for entering! The turns of event were very surprising, and I really liked your creative use of the prompt.

over 2 years

Life - #MyFormOfWriting

Thank you for entering! Your descriptions and imagery are on point. Beautiful. Regarding word count, I put it in a Google Doc and it said 996, so we're good (I love it when it's so close to the word count). The one thing I'd want to point out a bit is that were are some verbs in the flashbacks that are in present-tense when I assume they're supposed to be in past, but other than that, your grammar and spelling is great! Amazing piece!

over 2 years

Wild Flowers

PROMPT: Where I'm From

This was very sweet to read, and I could imagine every line. Good job!

over 2 years

Together #MyFormOfWriting

Thanks for participating! Again, your rhymes and flow are great, and you have very consistent writing style and grammar. Good job!

over 2 years

If I lose myself I lose it all

First, thank you for entering! Second, I love your writing style and how it's kind of broken, like someones actual thoughts, and the urgency it conveys. I also love your footnote, it was very informative. Make sure your full stops (periods) are consistent regarding the ends of lines (I don't particularly care if you use periods at the end of lines or not, so long as it's consistent throughout the whole thing).

over 2 years

The Ones Who Matter Most

Thanks for participating in this contest! This piece was super sweet. I always feel like friendship is overshadowed by romantic love, when friendship can sometimes be so much better. <3

over 2 years

Swan Song #MyFormOfWriting

First, thanks for trying out this competition! Second, for the actual comments, I really love your descriptions; you utilize metaphor and simile really well. Your rhymes are pretty and smooth; they don't seem forced. Maybe shorten the sections of "Thank You for the Music" you use? I think it's fine to have the whole chunk once, but it's kind of weird to have those eight lines over and over (granted I do love repetition, I prefer single-line repetition).

over 2 years

#MyFormOfWriting Section A

Thanks for participating in this contest! I quite like the pure-dialogue style; it's unique. I also like how, this seemed to use both the prompt themes of "sacrifice" and "familial love." I have a sister, and I know I would be devastated if she died, so this (especially them crying at the end, and finding it hard to talk about) hit pretty close to home.

over 2 years

#MyFormOfWriting | Amet

First, thanks for participating in this contest, it means a lot to me! Second, the actual comments regarding the piece: his totally drew me in. I love this writing style, and it seems very novel-esque. Basically, you're writing is great and your grammar is stellar. You start with "I" a lot (mainly in the first half), maybe try to find different ways to start sentences?

over 2 years

Haemolacria

Whew! That was looooong! I did not expect so much all at once! I'm curious as to where this is going... and whether there will be plot twists and some hidden conspiracies... Also, regarding grammar and that boring stuff, make sure you're keeping everything in present-tense. It must've taken forever to write this, good job for sticking with it!

over 2 years

Once upon a never Chp 6

unknown

The Origin Of Peter Pan

unknown

Autumn Has Begun

I don't know if this is just a writing style, but there are normally spaces following commas. I like the rhyme scheme, it's simple yet fitting (although sometimes the pattern is broken).

over 2 years

Untitled

unknown

Flawed

This was super cool to read! I love to see different/creative use of line breaks, spacing, and stuff like that!

over 2 years

Split Ends

PROMPT: Personal Narrative Competition 2018

<3 Don't take my suggestions if you think they detract from your own voice/message.

over 2 years

excerpt two

Make sure your tense (past or present) is consistent. Also, something I noticed with your first excerpt also, is that you have a lot of sentence fragments because you start your sentences with present participle verbs. Anyway, if you don't know what that means, then I recommend you look up those rules (because I can't really explain them myself).

over 2 years

excerpt one

This is a pretty solid piece. If it is, in fact, meant to be part of a novel or something, and you ever want help on it, hit me up. I'm always happy to help with plot and story-building.

over 2 years

a sweet Sunshine Type Of Gal (PT. EIGHT0

I don't really understand your transitions into italics? I think it's fine, but it's not how it's normally done.

over 2 years

a sweet Sunshine Type Of Gal (PT. SEVEN, revised)

I hope Belle and Todd reconcile.

over 2 years

a sweet Sunshine Type Of Gal (PT. SIX, revised)

I'm curious to see where this goes.

over 2 years

a Sweet Sunshine Type Of Gal (PT. FIVE)

Oh jeez... This one was short but intense. You did a good job making me feel for Belle. Why??

over 2 years

A Sweet Sunshine Type Of Gal (PT. FOUR)

This is great. Their interactions alone say a lot, but I think you could add more descriptors regarding the tone of their voices and stuff, and maybe during the car ride while Belle is looking at herself in the mirror, Todd could be humming along to the song.

over 2 years

A Sweet Sunshine Type Of Gal (PT. THREE)

This made me sad... But I suppose that means the writing was effective. It was very bittersweet, portraying the father's love well, in addition to how saddened that love is now making him (I know that's a cynical way to look at it, but oh well).

over 2 years

A Sweet Sunshine Type Of Gal (PT. Three, prologue)

I liked how the ending implies that words mean nothing if they're not backed up by actions.

over 2 years

The Book of Agnesian Mythology: Story One (Part One)

This is intriguing, and I'm curious as to what Fujin has turned into. Also, I'm curious as to what his original form is that he seems to hate so much. Honestly, I'm not super great with this type of writing, but I hope by comments were helpful.

over 2 years

My Angel

I really loved the first sentence and the ending of this piece. The transition between the "dying, cold" place to the "warm, home" place was done really well. (P.S. Apologies. I would've written reviews on both Bluebell and Cinderella, but I'm not part of the Flash Fiction group, so I wasn't allowed to T^T I will, however, write some comments here: Bluebell: Some of the grammar (punctuation, capitalization) and spelling could use a little proofreading, but I loved the mood it created (I am a huge fan of bittersweet, melancholy things) and story it told, it was quite beautiful. I could also relate to the obsessiveness. Cinderella Girl: It's a fairly simple concept, but I enjoyed the descriptions of her clothes, and how she's kind of filled with contradictions.)

over 2 years

The Beauty of Love

PROMPT: This I Believe

I love the message this piece conveys, as I've never been in a romantic relationship, but I love my family and friends more than anything, which I why I don't believe love is restricted to romance. (P.S. I wasn't able to find your "Elements" piece for whatever reason, so if you would still like me to review it, please comment the link in my "DOES ANYONE WANT A REVIEW???" piece (https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/80568/version/152450).

over 2 years

Moral philosophy simplified

PROMPT: This I Believe

Regarding your "Message to the Reader," asking which side I agree with more, I'm not really sure. I do think that a utopia is impossible because everyone has a different idea of "perfect," and therefore not everyone can be satisfied. Even if they're forced to have the same morals, that doesn't mean that they'll like/dislike the same things. Sorry that didn't really answer your question. (P.S. Despite what you said in your comment on my "DOES ANYONE WANT A REVIEW???" piece, your grammar's pretty great!)

over 2 years