Fall

Life's Been Good

Everybody's so different,
I haven't changed.
--
Joe Walsh

#MacGyvering

Fall

Life's Been Good (United States) reviewed:

Cairo

PROMPT: Living Locales

You did a terrific job at describing the city of Cairo. I've always wanted to go there, and this piece made me want to just hop on a plane and go. :)

1 day ago

Fall

Universal Questions

Thumbs up! :)

1 day ago

Fall

10 Cool Things About Me

This is such a cool idea! I think I'm going to try to do one like this too. 10 Things are always so fun to write! :)

1 day ago

Fall

My Fear

This is a great piece! I swear I was so astonished when I read this, I thought I was the only one who felt this way! Most people I know say they hate their parents instead of love them and...

1 day ago

Fall

Life's Been Good (United States) liked ​5th Grade by amalahmed1008 (United States)

1 day ago

Fall

Life's Been Good (United States) liked Hail the Hero by Lone Warrior WW2 (United States)

Fall

Life's Been Good (United States) liked Star Dust by Riley Asher-Stalbaum (United States)

Fall

Life's Been Good (United States) liked Cairo by Riley Asher-Stalbaum (United States)

Fall

Life's Been Good (United States) liked Kitchen by Riley Asher-Stalbaum (United States)

Fall

Life's Been Good (United States) liked Universal Questions by Riley Asher-Stalbaum (United States)

Other Worlds

Not Enough Time

It was nearing 9 o'clock as I finished brushing my teeth and went to my room. My hair was brushed straight and was still partially wet from the shower I'd taken earlier. I had just changed into a pair of light cotton pajamas, fresh and clean from the dresser drawer. It was one of the most wonderful feelings in the world to feel so squeaky and spotless, and I felt indescribably content because of this.

I sat on my bed, crossing my legs ballet style, and pulled the white duvet up to my shirt.

"Dad?" I called, "Can you come tell me a story before bed?"

A few minutes later he came to my room.

"What story do you want me to read?" my dad asked me.

"Hmm.." I thought as my eyes trailed over the shelves of my bookshelf and the lines of books leaning upright on each other. After a bit of contemplating on which book I wanted to hear,...

Top Five Things I Like To Keep In My Pockets

This my list of my top five things I keep in my pocket or backpack at all times:

1. Swiss Army Pocket Knife or Leatherman- This is one I owe to my dad, since he's the one who has always encouraged me to be ready for anything and gave me them. These two lightweight tools come in handy a lot, especially when least expected. They can be used to do anything from cutting a sandwich in half to share with a friend, to using the tweezers to pull a splinter out, to opening a coke can, to fixing something "unfixable". Like I said, incredibly useful. Plus it makes me feel like MacGyver. If I used hash-tags (which I don't), this would be #"MacGyver-ing". I doubt anyone even knows what I'm talking about here so I'm just going to say #80s.
  2. Bathroom stuff (i.e. soap, tissue)-My mom always reminds me to bring a pack of tissues and a small bar of soap, since you never know when the...

Lyrics Unsung

Desperado by The Eagles

Prequel:
I was at another gambling hall, spending most of the money I had with me. A voice in the back of my head told me not to waste all my hard work and spend it on something less meaningless, but who cared? It was my life and I was going to live it. 'It's not like I didn't have more money in the bank and there was always a lot left over after I'm done betting.', I thought with a chuckle.
I downed another drink and bet on another number. I lost, but again, who cared? I had more money then I had ever dreamed of. Thinking of my prosperity got me on a roll; along with all the money, I was handsome- 'But you're getting older, beauty doesn't last forever.', the voice of reason cut in. I ignored it and continued thinking about my wonderful self; all the girls loved me- 'Just for your money, not for your heart'. Again I ignored...

Geography of Home

The Roof

I know a roof isn't literally a room, but it is definitely my favorite part of my house.
When I feel sad or unhappy, I yearn to go up there and sit, and see the neighborhood and forest that surrounds us. It's then that I realize just how small my life... no, my world really is.
Sometimes when I'm overwhelmed, I want to go there to just assure myself that wonderful things can happen and life isn't just a road that stretches on into a boring eternity till termination.
And I don't just need it when I'm not feeling well, I love going there when I'm joyous too. I feel like the place that shares my sorrows, should also have a share of my happiness.
In winter, the street looks dead, not one single speck of green to be seen, but it's still breath taking to see how things can look so dead at one time, and then come back to life in a couple months.
Then spring...

That Book

I want to write that book,
that book that will beckon to you with warm fingers,
call to you from the dusty highest shelf
of a forgotten bookstore, tucked away on some old avenue.

I want to write that book that breaths wisdom
into the souls of those who read it,
blows knowledge into the minds of those who leaf through its yellowed pages,
and warms the icy cold hearts of those who touch its lifeless cover.

I want to write a book that people will feel.
A book that makes their hearts leap with joy,
yearn out of want,
sob with grief and heartbreak,
and sing with laughter and happiness.

A book that makes readers think about themselves,
a book that makes them grow,
but not in height,
instead, in spirit.

I want to write that book
that will live in hearts forever,
never to be forgotten,
never to become useless to the ones
who read it.

If I can write that book, ...

Potential

Potential of beauty,
hidden under paint.
Potential of beauty,
hidden under rags.

Could I ever be beautiful?
No!
Cute, at most.

Potential of life,
stifled by death.
Potential of life,
suppressed by the lack of.

Could I ever live freely?
No!
You will die.

Potential of love,
weighted by pride.
Potential of love,
forgotten by arrogance.

Could we ever admit it?
No!
Never, yet.

Collective Voice

Firefly Candle, Burned to the Base

The lightblubs glowed brightly overhead, dancing like fireflies on a summer night. In fact, it was a summer night, and underneath a tent of ivy, strung with Chinese lanterns, we dreamed. Dreamed of the future. Dreamed of life. Dreamed of dreams.
Through patches of green, we could find the constellations and see the beam of the incandescent moon. We laughed. Laughed at the pettiness of us, for on nights like these it seemed as though we were alone and small, shielded from the world only by a small bridge of ivy.
Oh, how quickly our lives could be snuffed out like the flame of candle, melted to the base, never to be lit again.
But through all our delusions of sophistication, we lived. Lived every second as though it was our last, and taught others to do the same, while we were at it. 
Just some fireflies,
ivy,
constellations,
and a candle.
Delusions of
us,
alone
forever,
to live.

Conscience

A test of character
-
Are you as good as you think you are?
-
A test of right or wrong
-
Are you really right?
-
A test of courage
-
Courage to admit that you may be wrong.
-
A test of truth
-
Is the truth just your way of seeing things?
-
A test of honor
-
Have you acted honorably?
-
A test of humanity
-
At the end of the day, are you pure?
-
A test of conscience
-
Can you sleep at night, knowing of the things you have done?
-

Poetry and Spoken Word Competition

War

Audio of me reading it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nLGCVQQcx0

Us, the modern generation
versus our ancestors the cavemen.
We believe we are so advanced
compared to those brutal madmen.

We are so much better,
so unprejudiced and so wise.
Our vanity leads me to wonder;
are we really cavemen in disguise?

You would think people would learn,
but they never really seem to.
Generations of proud families die,
when they never set out to.

Fathers and sons leave their families
to bravely fight for their country,
their religion, and their beliefs.
Their lives sometimes end abruptly,
their names on gravestones,
obsolete.

Father versus father,
dreaming similar things.
Son against son,
both young men with rings.

Brother dies for brother,
a mother sees her son dead.
Just what makes us so different,
that red blood must be shed?

Statistics of the battle,
drawn upon the chart.
Just another number,
not somebody's heart. 

Even in the homeland,
people hate with spite,
listening to their leaders,
who are instituting fright.

If...

Star Light, Star Bright

Star light, star bright,
you stood by me
all through the night.

Every night, you always stay
and help my sadness go away,
but soon the morning sun arrives
and truly alone I must survive. 

The moon will soon be gone from sight,
as morning dew fades the black night,
Orion will, as always, leave
and I will stay, again, to grieve.

...

Star light, star bright,
Oh where, oh where,
are you tonight?

You promised last time
you'd come to see me,
but the streetlamp's light
hides you from me.

My tears, they drip,
one by one,
as I realize,
I'm all alone.

The Subject that Matters

Survival 101

To teens in America these days, survival means having your phone charger, some Oreos, and maybe some lip chop at hand.

What would happen if you got lost in the wild?
If somebody tried to kidnap, or even murder you, could you escape?
Would you survive if enemy forces attacked your country and they turned all electricity off, leaving you to live without it? (Ready to scoff at this one? How much stuff in your house doesn't rely on electricity?)

Unless your family owns a martial arts studio, or you live west-of-nowhere, I'm guessing not. Even scouts don't always learn much outside selling cookies.

Well, you should know. All the things I listed, are very real to you and me, and you should know how to defend yourself and survive in case of an emergency. Any emergency.

Schools all over the world should take interest in their students' wellbeing and instead of blabbering on about stupid things that are irrelevant to our lives, need to start teaching teens,...

Poetry and Spoken Word Competition

War

Us, the modern generation
versus our ancestors the cavemen.
We believe we are so advanced
compared to those brutal madmen.

We are so much better,
so unprejudiced and so wise.
Our vanity leads me to wonder;
are we really cavemen in disguise?

You would think people would learn,
but they never really seem to.
Generations of proud families die,
when they never set out to.

Fathers and sons leave their families
to bravely fight for their country,
their religion, and their beliefs.
Their lives sometimes end abruptly,
their names on gravestones,
obsolete.

Father versus father,
dreaming similar things.
Son against son,
both young men with rings.

Brother dies for brother,
a mother sees her son dead.
Just what makes us so different,
that red blood must be shed?

Statistics of the battle,
drawn upon the chart.
Just another number,
not somebody's heart. 

Even in the homeland,
people hate with spite,
listening to their leaders,
who are instituting fright.

If it weren't for the rulers
coming...

10 Things I Want To Do In My Lifetime

Things I want to do in my lifetime (in no particular order):

1. Visit every country in the world- every country is unique and beautiful in it's own way. I want to see them all. All I need now is about $100,000 dollars, or an airplane and some fuel. Any supporters of my dream out there?
  2. Learn to fly an airplane- I love airplanes and I really want to learn how to fly one. I used to want to be a commercial pilot, but I decided to stick to the ground and become an Aerospace Engineer. Just wish me luck with high school (and don't forget to check #1 on this list. Contributing an airplane would really help my cause. At least then, I would have something to fly.)
  3. Publish at least one book- I've always wanted to be an author (though I want to be other things too). Luckily, being an author isn't a one track job, since I can do other things...

Categorization in the 21st Century

People call me a millennial because I was born at the beginning of the 21st century, but just because I was born in this time period, doesn't mean I'll act like other people my age or even think like them. The individuality so many people brag about is none existent. Both kids and adults are categorized.
For instance, if you saw a picture of me, what would you think? Because I'm tall you would probably say I'm sixteen and judge me for wearing such childish clothing. Well, I'm only fourteen and I wear bright "little girl style" dresses so I don't look too old for my age. 
Because of my age and gender, people also think I'm a text-maniac, video-game-playing-insomniac, make-up wearing teenage girl, with an obsession with boys. Well, my phone is a 5-year-old flip-phone for emergencies only and it's really annoying when other teenagers look disgusted with me for not having a "real" phone. Phones shouldn't dictate social status. Truth to be told,...

My House

When I grow up, I want a house that 
has plenty of windows to view the forest through.
Panes of glass that let in golden light, filtered by leaves.
Windows that you can open to let in the fresh breeze
and the sounds of baby birds twittering in spring. 

I want a house with a ladder to the roof,
where we can sit in the sun
and see how small the neighborhood is.
Where we can view the stars at night,
and watch the moon raise in winter
while drinking hot cocoa.

I want to paint the house one room at a time.
One room every time something special happens,
and that way every room in my house
will remind of something nice and happy.
Each room a different color.
Pastel yellows and greens,
an occasional orange and lots and lots of light blues,
maybe even some purple.
Really anything bright and light,
and definitely none of those awful "neutral colors"
that are...

People Who Love Me

The other day I thought to myself, I wonder how many people in the world actually love me, not just pretend to.
My parents were the first people I thought of. They definitely love me, or else they would have just dropped me off at an orphanage when I was born. Not a day goes by without them telling me how much they love me and that they're proud of me. So that's two. (I don't have any siblings, in case you're wondering)
My grandmother loved me, but she died when I was eleven so I'm not sure if that still counts. If it does, that's three. One of my dad's cousins and a great-aunt love me, along with a few of my mom's cousins, I'm pretty sure. Guess that makes about ten?  The rest of my family couldn't care less. Nice, huh? When I grow up and have kids, I'm going to teach them to love their family. Friends come and...

The River

We locked the apartment door and I ran down the steps ahead of my mom. At every level, I tapped the bottom of the steps above (it's a habit I have). Once, I reached the ground floor, I waited for my mom. After we exited the apartment building, we started walking towards the river. It was a warm night, but not suffocating hot. The sky was veiled with clouds, already tinted pink by the setting summer sun. I held my mom's hand while we walked by other people on the sidewalk: toddlers with their parents, kids rollerskating, teenagers hanging out in small groups, couples leaning on each other. As we got closer to the river, the sidewalk became more crowded, some people had to walk in the street.
Finally, we arrived. It was so beautiful. Cattails and lily pads grew in the river. On the banks, willow trees wavered in the wind. Swans swum by, with their cygnets following close behind....

The Letter (Part II)

Her eyes were reddened with black smudges underneath from crying, as she strolled through the woods. It was getting dark and she would have to go home soon. She didn't feel like facing her family, it would just be too hard to keep up the facade, but none the less, she slowly walked back to her house. 
She closed the door with a thump. Her mother hearing it shut, called her name. She ignored her mom and ran upstairs to her room. This time not out of excitement over an unopened letter, but rather out of fear. Fear that her parents would find out that she had been crying and they would question why. She didn't want to talk about it just yet. One day, she would.

By now, I know you're probably dying to know what was written in that fateful letter. Well, let's take a look at what it says.

"August 30, 1896,
St. Louis, Missouri                                                                                                                                             

My Dearest Friend, ...

The Farmer's Plight

Each day he trudges through the field,
from sunup to sundown.
The hot sun beams down on him,
that's how he got the name red neck.

The field stretches on endlessly
while he plants and while he gathers,
but when he counts his crops,
there doesn't seem to be enough.

He must choose when to plant,
for if it's too early the plants will freeze
and if it's too late, the heat will burn them to a crisp.

Over half the seeds don't grow,
and some of those that do
get eaten by hungry birds or deer.

When it comes time to sell his crops,
he sells them for very little,
the grocery stores make most of the money,
and leave him with just enough to get by.

So goes the plight of the farmer
who works so hard everyday,
with very little credit,
so we can eat good food.

Creature View

Harry and Veronica (Squirrels)

I jumped onto a log. It had just rained and the forest was steamy. Lots of trees and bushes. Green, green, green. I hopped off the log and skittered to the base of a tree. Did I bury something here? I didn't remember, but I dug anyway. Aha! I broke the shell of the acorn on a rock and nibbled. Shuffle.
"What? Who's there?" I had to be careful, squirrels after all aren't the most intimidating creatures.
"Only me, Harry."
"Oh, hi Veronica. What are you doing?"
"Looking."
"For what?"
"You. I want to play tag."
"Why? So you can lose?"
"No. So I can make you a loser."
"Ha. Like that's ever going to happen." I jumped off the log, leaving my snack, and scurried after her. We spiraled up an oak tree and once we got to the top, I had cornered her.  
"I'm gonna lose, huh?" I asked.
"Yep." She turned and flung off the tree, and stretched out her...

The Letter

She had been waiting for months, it was due to arrive any time. Finally it did. She eagerly ran home from the post office clutching its frail, yellowed paper in her hand. Once she got to her room, she locked the door, muttering something about privacy, and jumped onto her feather bed. Impatiently ripping the envelope, she could barely wait to read what was inside. Once the paper was unfolded, her eyes traveled down each sentence, each row. Somewhere towards the middle, her eyes began to water. Solitary tears ran down her still childishly plump cheeks and landed on the cursive ink with an audible plop. After she had finished reading, she stood up slowly and walked to her desk. Taking out a sheet of paper and her best fountain pen and ink, she sat down. She dipped the pen in the little jar of black ink and held it over the paper expectantly. She knew she must reply, but...

Picnic

It was a beautiful bright day, the sky was as blue as forget-my-nots. The sun was high in the sky as we skipped through the field of daisy and poppies, basket in hand. We picked a spot near the lake, with the mountain in view. The lake was a lovely crystal blue, and reflected both the sky and mountain, water rippling in the light breeze. We laid our red checkered cloth on the grass and put rocks on the corners to keep it from blowing away. We walked to the edge of the lake and skipped pebbles for a bit. They were smooth after years of being swept over by waves. I wondered if two other people had ever thrown the same pebbles a long time ago. Occasionally, a fish would surface or a bird would chirp overhead. The willow trees on the shore swayed in the breeze, extending their fragile arms like ballerinas. We lay in the tall grass,...

Autumn

September days role past, 
while leaves gently float to the ground, 
the world is sheathed with a quiet air, 
and is tinted with a hint red-gold. 

It is a time of uncertainty, will it shine? 
Will it rain? Will it frost? 

Honey crisp apples crackle 
as you bite into their white flesh, 
Muscadines hang in thick bunches 
from tree to tree. 

The wind whips the pages of yesterday by quickly, 
Not asking if you want to them to go. 

Jack Frost's icy fingers 
Crawl over patches of farmland, 
Not caring about the farmers' crops.

Autumn, what a lovely sound, 
Summer is gone and winter comes. 

Corn mazes, afghans, 
fluffy sweaters, and rosy cheeks. 

Autumn's here.

Heartbreak

It started as a hollow feeling 
deep down in my heart 
and worked its way up my throat,
constricting me with its pain.

The world turned black
around the edges.
It shielded me from any light,
burned out any happiness.

It blossomed in my eyes,
and escaped as a single tear 
that dripped down my face 
falling to the ground with plop. 

And that is how my heart broke.

1 Photo, 100 Words

Ruins

Green and yellow blades of grass sprouted among the ruins. Ruins of an ancient kingdom. Ruins of a past people. Ruins of an abandoned city.
    Scattered here and there were poppies, with an occasional purple flower to add balance to the coloring. The cracked brick wall, covered with vines and weeds, wept of lonelines. In the background stood mortar buildings, as if waiting for another peoples to come occupy them, to bring life to their old, forsaken frames, but I knew they would never again be inhabited.
    The sun illuminated the scene, brightening the sad morbid tune, for a second. 

I Remember

Mint Leaves and Misty Grass

I remember the hot sun scorching the split ground on sticky, sweaty days.
I remember the sweet, refreshing lemonade with mint leaves floating on top.
I remember the playground and sand, and the many days of playing dress up.
I remember the cool evenings and misty grass between my toes.
I remember the crickets singing me to sleep, and the birds waking me in the early gray mornings.
I remember the chlorine smell of the pool and the ocean calling to me, Just a little deeper.
I remember the bleached hair and many freckles, gifts of the days spent outdoors.
I remember the baseball games and fireworks on the Fourth of July. 
I remember the rain, finally coming in the form of dark clouds.
I remember the thunder roaring and the lighting shooting across the sky, as I sat inside watching movies.
I remember the end of summer, when the first golden leaf fell from the sky.

Op-Ed Competition

Clone Organ Harvesting

Not many people I meet seem to know what clone organ harvesting is, even though it is an incredibly popular theory in science. I will make a brief summarization of this idea, an idea that many politicians and scientists hope to put into practice in the near future. I will also tell you why I disagree.

Genetic scientists hope to grow clones out of donor eggs, then raise them to whatever age needed, terminate them, and harvest their organs to use on naturally conceived humans with terminal health problems, who need implants. 

I think this is a cruel and inhumane idea. Making people artificially so we can literally murder them and use their bodies for our own selfish desire to live forever is a horrifying thought. 

People on the pro-side of cloning say it will save many children's lives. Which may be true, but at the cost of how many other people's...

My Top 10 Favorite Music Artists (and why I like them)

These are my top 10 favorite bands and why I like their music. The order makes no difference since I love them all equally. Which band I listen to, just depends on what mood I'm in.

1. The Beatles(1960-70)- I know a lot of people think of The Beatles as a cliché band that everybody likes just because they were so popular. This is pretty stereotypical, and I don't blame you for thinking it. In fact I thought so too, until one day when my mom put The Beatles on (she's a big fan). Once I actually started to listening to them, I was surprised to find I liked them a lot. I think one of the reasons I like them is because they did such a variation of music. While most bands usually stick to just one genre, The Beatles did rock n' roll, pop, psychedelic rock, hard rock, Indie, orchestra, and even extended into a bit of country and rhythm & blues with some of their songs.  
  2. ...

Unbelievable Food

Everythin' Milkshake

A seven year old girl sat on the kitchen counter. She flicked her annoying long brown braid off her shoulder. It was honestly such a bother, she didn't see why she couldn't just cut it off. She sighed. It had been such a long boring day, and it was so terribly hot outside, she was surprised she hadn't melted into a puddle of nothingness. 
"What can I do? What can I do? I'm bored out of my head." she said to no one in particular, "I know! I'll make a milkshake! Cure for the heat, cure for the boredom, cure for the sweet tooth. Now let's see what I have."
She opened the freezer. 
"Vanilla ice cream. Chocolate ice cream. Frozen strawberries. Guess that's all for the freezer."
She opened the fridge.  
"Pumpkin pie. Chocolate syrup. Whip cream. Milk."
Next she looked in the cabinet.
"Ice cream cones. Vanilla extract. Sprinkles."
After she had put everything on the counter,...

Reasons You Should Be Happy

People are always saying there's not enough happiness in the world. Well, there is if you want there to be and if you look in the right places. For instance, instead of thinking about all the negative, bad things that happen, things out of your control, why don't you think about all the good things that happened to you today, or even all the bad things that didn't happen to you today?

Such as:

• Breathing/Air- Raise your hand if you enjoy meditating about breathing. I see two hands. Okay, now raise your hand if you need oxygen. I'm counting about 7.5 billion. I don't think anyone really thinks about this too much, but if you really concentrate on breathing you'll find it's a lot more than just sucking air in and out of your lungs. If I close my eyes and just breath, I can literally feel life in the air. Air is really such a personal thing, if you think about it....

Questions to the World

This is an analysis on nonsense, so don't say I didn't warn you....

QUESTIONS FOR THE WORLD:

1. What does purple spaghetti have to do with smiling for the camera?
  2. What do political bumper-stickers have to do with driving a car? 
  3. What do vampires have to do with Transylvania? (trust me, I've been there, there's no such thing)
  4. What makes roses the most beautiful/popular flowers?
  5. How is burping and cursing cool? It's gross and stupid. (FYI stupid isn't a curse word)
  6. How do teachers manage to make history boring? 
  7. Why is falling off a log considered easy? Seems pretty painful to me.
  8. Why spend five hours texting people when you can just call them and say everything in 5 minutes?
  9. Why do people enjoy hurting other people? 
  10. Am I the only person in the world who thinks of cats as girls and dogs as boys?
  11. Am I also the only person who thinks microwaves are the coolest thing ever? (Notice the word play?)
  12. ...

This I Believe

My Philosophy

"Life is the greatest gift we've ever been given. Appreciate it." 

"Having someone to talk to is a privilege. Ignoring that privilege is stupidity."

"Don't bother yourself with other people's opinions of you.  It's a waste of time. If they don't like you, that's their problem. Why worry about it?"

"If you don't like something, ignore it. Don't let your life get centered around things or people that are irrelevant."

"Don't be afraid to tell someone they're being jerks, it's the only way they'll ever know to stop."

"Forget about politics, there's pizza."

"Life is sometimes like being a bird. You're soaring along, wind in your hair (or feathers), you close your eyes to savor the moment, and then: BANG! You didn't see the telephone pole."

"Don't worry about telling a blabber mouth to shut-up. You'll be doing a community service." 

"Everyone needs to go on a roller coaster at least once before adulthood. It'll get you used to being terrified."
...

Summer Night

It was hot. Sticky hot. My hair stuck to my face and neck in damp dark curls. Trickles of sweat ran down my face. The day had been almost unbearable, the temperature was well over 100° and it hadn't rained in months. The ground no longer resembled dirt, it was dust. Cracked, dry dust that coated everything, houses, food, even people if you stood still too long.
The sun was beginning to set in the horizon and very narrow rain-less clouds hung in strips around it. I needed to hurry, since it would be dark soon. I quickened my pace, swinging my baseball bat in my right hand, tossing the ball up and down in my left. It was a rather old baseball, now that I think of it. It was caked with dirt, filling up the cracks in-between the stitches. It had a lot of scruffs and the leather cover was starting to rip in one corner, probably from the home-run I...

Rerun

Images,
flashes of the past,
reminding me of how it used to be,
pulling me away from the present. 

It's like the VHS from the 1980s,
rewinding my life,
to the point I like best,
playing it over and over again
in my head.

Sometimes I wish
life could be like a tape recorder,
erasing what I don't like 
from the tape.

Or else I could be
a movie star,
cutting scenes I don't like
and re-filming them. 

But sometimes I just want to run,
run like a camera,
spitting out rolls of film,
negative. 

And when I run down the same path twice,
it's called a rerun.
It's repeating my life,
it's wasting time.

I could be spending my time
doing something new,
I could be living my life out,
taking a different road.

But sometimes it's just nice
to live in the past,
and watch the same old movies
again and again.

Beyond Reason

Shatter

When we feel as though
the the world is crumbling,
why do we not also 
fall to pieces?
When we feel the breeze
splash our faces,
why do we ignore
the call of the wind?

When we live as though
in a dreamy haze, 
why aren't we  
enjoying every moment?
When we breath in
the fragrance of flowers,
why do we walk away 
instead of admiring them?

When we see the stars
glowing bright in the sky,
why do we turn our heads,
disregarding the beauty?
When we touch the grass,
smooth, yet coarse,
do we not see the magnificence
of every blade?

And, when our days
on earth are over
what will we think of
the years of our lives?

Cycles?

Speaking of writing
reminds me reading
mainly in the form of books
that may become movies
which are filmed
on cameras
that might take pictures
of nature
which includes mountains
that are so high
you can see the ocean
and the cities on the coast
light up the world
blocking out the sky
which can be seen better by telescopes
invented by scientists
who also studied gravity
from the tower of Pisa
in Italy
where the best ice cream is made
for hot summers
with droughts
missing the rain 
that refreshes the dirt
where worms live
underneath gardens
with vegetables
sold in grocery stores
all over the country
that has a flag
composed of colors
which make up the spectrum
split by prism
like water
in pools
that come from rivers
miles long
surrounded by forests
with trees
that are made into paper
which make newspapers
that are written.

Romania

I was born in one of the most beautiful countries in the world. It's called Romania and is bordered by Bulgaria, Hungary, Moldova, and Ukraine. The capital is Bucharest, several other major cities include Cluj-Napoca, Timisoara, Craiova, Iasi, and Oradea. The main language spoken is Romanian, which makes Romania the only country in Eastern Europe that's official language is of Latin origin. The majority of the population is Orthodox. 
        Many people either think it's the place where vampires come from (which definitely is not true) because of modern pop culture, or don't even know that it exists. Well, there's way more to it then Dracula. 
        Ancient Romania was inhabited by the Dacians, the descendants of an earlier group of tribes called the Thracians. The Dacians were conquered by the Romans in 106 A.D. The two cultures mixed together creating what is now Romania. 
        The wide variation of habitats is amazing, there is everything...

10 Reasons Why You Should Respect Your Country (United States)

Everywhere I go I hear people putting their country down, saying they hate it, and complaining about every little thing they see wrong with it. In the news, I see people burning flags and refusing to stand while the national anthem is played. It makes me upset to see this lack of appreciation for the place where we were raised. 

Below are ten reason why I think people should respect their country.

1. Just because you disagree with the politics or government of where you live, doesn't mean you hate your country. The country is the people, the land, and the culture. That's you! Not what's in the media. Without the people, it would just be miles of nothingness. Try to be more specific when you're talking about what you hate. 
  2. If you were born here, then you should respect the place where you were born.
  3. If you are an immigrant, you should respect the country that took you in during your time of...

The Key To Music

The keys seem
so smooth and cool
as my fingers gently
glide over them.

Each one is a different note,
a different pitch.
Scaling up,
scaling down.

They sound so lifeless
and even choppy, crude
as I do the scales
and chords as a warm-up.
It's as though I'm a machine,
a lifeless, primitive contraption.

I finish warming-up,
now it's time to really play.
I hesitate as my fingers
hover over the piano.
Can I do it?
What if I fail?

I take a deep breath,
my fingers fall on the keys
starting the piece.
At first it's so false,
fake sounding,
stiff.
Not even music.

My eyes fill with water.
What a disappointment I am.
I will never achieve
what I've set out to do,
As hard as I try
I will never reach the top.
I may be great at
reading sheet music,
but there's something missing.
No emotion in my playing,
no feeling.

All my favorite singers, ...

Innocent Five

Kitchen. Mom was cleaning the dishes while on the phone and I was standing next to her, blond curls in my face. 

"Well, Sally says she wants to go to the prom with a boy named Drew. You know, one of those skate boarding kids that call everyone dude. I just wish she'd pick some nice lawyer's son or something."
Garbled voice on the other end.
I took a deep breath.
"Mom?"
"Yes, I know exactly what you mean."
"Mom!" 
I tug her sleeve.
"Hold on a second. What is it? Can't you see I'm on the phone?"
"Are you happy?"
"I suppose. Now go color or something, I'm busy. Yes, Clair, I'm back.... Oh my! Did she really say that?"
"Bye."

Upstairs. Older brother was playing Mario Bros.

"Brett?"
Nothing.
"Brett?!"
Still nothing.
I pulled the headphones off one ear.
"BRETT!!!!!"
"AHHHH!!!! What the heck was that for? I'm never gonna hear again!"
"Are you happy?"
"What?"
"Are you...

Dot-Dot-Dash

A long time ago,
in this very land,
mail was really slow
to go from hand to hand.

Sometimes it would take weeks
for the postman to deliver
for he had climb tall peaks
and cross a mighty river.

So, one day a smart man
decided he would invent
a much better plan
for families to connect.

His name was Samuel Morse
and he came up with a notion
much faster than the horse
that could go to any location.

He used the telegraph
with his new Morse code
to send people's paragraphs
quickly down the road.

People were so happy,
for they got info 
from Cincinnati
to San Francisco.

Years went by
and the code
was soon replaced
with the telephone.

But we will never forget
the legacy left by Samuel Morse
and the telegraphic
language.

Mouse

In a stuffy dark attic,
at the top of a house, 
away from the traffic,
lives a quaint little mouse. 

He's always very careful
when he's looking for cheese.
His trip could be uneventful
or he could meet the Siamese. 

In a tiny dark corner
he hides his gems,
for when the days get colder
he'll need lots of friends. 

Oh, the adventure of living
his life in a farmhouse,
it's quite fitting
when you're a such small, little mouse. 

Maybe

Maybe one day the sun will shine
streaming down to us in line,
illuminating the world with its brilliant glow,
making us happy when we're feeling low. 

Maybe one day milky flakes will fall,
making cliffs of snow so tall,
dusting your eyelashes with white,
blinding you with reflective light.

Maybe one day the waves will crash,
and the beaches won't be filled with trash.
You'll feel the salt air nip your cheek,
see the water swell and peak. 

Maybe one day the wind will blow,
twisting the branches of the weeping willow.
As it waves your hair into your face
you'll feel its beauty and incredible grace.

Maybe one day we will all see
the magnificence of every tree,
the fairness of every flower,
and the significance of every hour.  

The Real Musician

"So you want to be a musician?" asked the old man sitting at the piano. He was a veteran of music, respected by many generations of true music lovers.
"Uhh, yes sir." stammered the teenage boy standing in front of him, with an electric guitar slung across his shoulder. The boy had been delighted when he'd been invited to meet the old master and had hoped to impress him with his guitarist skills, but now he was seriously doubting what his "so called skills" could do on his behalf. In fact, he was wondering if anything would impress the old man. "So, do you have any suggestions?"
"Hmm. Well, I'll tell you a story if you like. You'll just have to sit down since it's pretty long."
The boy sat on the drum stool and waited to hear the old man's story.
"A long time ago, there was a young boy who came from a very poor family. Well, one day...

Real Musician (Poem)

Listen to the beauty of the sound.
Feel the beat thump to the pulse of your heart.
Don't sing the lyrics, live them.
Love the music with all your soul. 
And then you'll be on the path of
becoming a real musician. 

Sway to the saxophone,
tap to the drum beat,
feel the electrocution of the guitar,
play the piano keys with endearment,
And then you'll be on the path of 
​becoming a real musician. 

Be able to play 
without sheet music.
Write music,
don't just play that of others before you.
And then you'll be on the path of 
​becoming a real musician. 

And when you write music,
Write the feeling of every emotion
you've ever felt,
the power of anger,
the strength of hate,
the radiance of beauty,
the energy of happiness,
the warmth of love.
And then you'll be on the path of 
​becoming a real musician. 

Every thought that has crossed your mind,
every sentiment you've...

Your View

World Through My Eyes

The following are my opinions on everyday life:

1. Spending time with family. A lot of people I know think their families are either boring or embarrassing, and pretty much refuse to spend any time with them. Most of these people have great parents and terrific siblings, they just reject the opportunity to get to know each other. There are many people who don't get this chance and wish they had, they consider you very lucky individuals. 
  2. Books are very wise and useful, and we should always respect them and not treat them badly, which includes not ripping, scribbling, or spiting on library books. It drives me nuts when I get books from the library and they're in bad condition. First of all, the book isn't yours, which means you shouldn't abuse it, and in any case, why destroy something just because you can? That's a stupid attitude to go through life with. 
  3. People need to stop taking life so seriously. When I make...

Fluid Ink

An idea sparks,
Pictures of another world,
Visions created by imagination,
Blossoming thoughts like flowers.

Pouring words out of my pen,
Fluid sentences slipping off the end
Leaving traces on paper. 
Breathing out literature
Like a second nature. 

Ink to paper.
Idea to story.
Person to writer. 
Paragraphs to book. 

People walk out of imagination,
and step onto the pages.
Lives never really lived,
just imagined. 

Hello

Hi.
Olá.
Ciao.
Hallo.
Aloha.
Servus.
Bonjour.
Merhaba.
Buenos dias.

All ways of saying the same thing: Hello. But it's not just hello, a meaningless word, tossed to the wind. No, it literally unlocks a world of new possibilities. By saying hi, you're not only greeting someone, but you're also opening a conversation and introducing yourself. You have the possibility of making a friend, finding true love, or, unfortunately, sometimes even gaining an enemy. So, always say hi with great expectations and don't use it indifferently or underestimate its power. 

Picture

A moment caught for eternity.
A second never to be relived. 
A minute of captured bliss,
never retrieved.

Colors faded by time,
Love faded forever.
Lively smiles
yet so lifeless.

Corners bent
and wrinkled.
Tear stained
paper.

A forgotten memory
of forgotten people
in a forgotten time.

Frozen in time
forever.
Covered in dust.
Remembered with
love.

Becoming Human

Little Drum Kit

I spun the sticks in air,
whirling them around my fingers.
Taking a deep breath 
I quickly brought them down
on the snare drum.

Thump-Thump
like a beating heart.
Tap-Tap
like feet in an empty hallway.

It was just me and the drums.
Me making noise.
Me making music.
The drums coming to life.

Clink-Clang-Crash-Bang
Faster and faster I went
Hit-hit-twirl-hit
Pouring out my emotions
into the simple drum kit. 

I brought my foot down
to the bass pedal.
Hit the cymbals,
Roll on the floor toms. 

My emotions became amplified,
became something else.
It was as if we were one person
joined by a common love of music.

Just me and the drums.

Self and a Statistic

Tech

1. Connects us to the rest of the world and gives us the world's knowledge in a the tap of a finger.
2. Distracts us and uses a lot of our time.

Open Prompt

Open the Door

Open the door,
let in the wind,
feel the breeze
caress your skin
with the sweet pure note
of freedom.

Open the window,
hear the birds twitter,
listen to the crickets chirp.

The wind rustles the fall leaves
of gold on the oak tree
outside your bedroom.
The leaves gracefully
drift to the ground.

You glance at the deep blue sky
and smile for the first time in ages.
A neighbor kicks a soccer ball,
you hear it hit the wooden fence.

Birds in v formations
fly over head,
with a background of wispy,
silky,
sour-cream
white
clouds.

Ahh...what's that smell?
A burning campfire.
Fresh apples.
Pumpkin pie in the oven.

Sunlight streams through the trees,
creating shadows.
They stretch and get longer,
as the sun drops bellow the horizon.

Night arrives,
and with it comes the stars
and the moon.

Unfortunately,
the neighborhood
soon turns on their night lights
and televisions
and radios.

Sound clutters the once peaceful scene
and...

Worst Day Ever

Burned breakfast,
Stub my toe,
Late to school,
Forgot homework.

Fish and Lima beans for lunch,
Failed sentence diagramming test,
Chemistry experiment exploded,
Tripped in the hallway.

Slammed my finger in the car door,
Fainted in the public restroom.
Ugh.
What a bad day.

Got home with such a headache
Flushed the toilet.
Oh no! Over flow.
Yuck.

Took a shower,
Soapy water in my hair.
No! In my eyes.
Why me?!

Overdue library books,
Spill my drink.
Brain freeze.
Oh please, let this day end!!!

Invented Cartography

Argentum Eques in Terra

A beautiful body of water sits in the middle of the kingdom. It's called Splendens Lacum (Shining Lake). It is called this because in early mornings and late afternoons it glows with dreamlike quality, reflecting the sun's golden light. During the day the lake is covered with a sheath of mist. Bordering the lake on the west side is the Castle of Rye and on the east is the Fortress of Seed. And all around the lake tiny little villages and bigger towns are sprinkled forming a circle of civilization. They're surrounded by the Forest of Cyprus. As the forest spreads further away from the center of the kingdom, the earth climbs towards the sky, forming a mountain range, known as Eagle's Realm, to the south. To the north the forest slowly dies away into the bleak arctic-like Glaciem Regina Terram (Ice Queen Land). In the west stands Fire Volcano, that sometimes shakes the ground with it's anger and spits out...

Bewitching Hour

The stars seemed brighter than ever, 
and the lake seemed to glow eerily. 
Suddenly creaks and groans were heard 
as trees pulled their roots from the ground, 
and leaves seemed to take on a life of their own.  

It was the bewitching time, 
the time when life is given
to things without life, 
when things are not what they seem, 
when moments last for hours  
and hours last for seconds. 

"Hello" said the Moon, 
to the Earth so blue. 
"Hello" said the Earth, 
to the Moon so high. 

A romance  
never realized, 
between the stars  
and the sky. 

The fairies sing 
like angels, 
while the lake's waters 
lap the shore 
like a song unsung. 

The trees dance  
with the gnomes, 
and the flowers 
twirl on their stems, 
to the melody 
of the forest. 

The animals stare with wonder, 
at the sight before them. 
Even they don't dare 
come any closer.  

Suddenly, 
the trees sank 
their roots into the soil 
once again.  
...

What Came Before

Seconds

tick-tock-tick-tock

Seconds ticked by, it seemed as though the world was suspended in air.

tick-tock-tick-tock 

Nurses rushed by with clipboards handing them to doctors.

tick-tock-tick-tock

Doctors with their stethoscopes prescribed medicine, and moved on to the next patient.

tick-tock-tick-tock

My ankle itched, I reached down to scratch it.

tick-tock-tick-tock

A girl with a broken arm walked in.

tick-tock-tick-tock

A boy, his head wrapped with bloody bandages, with swollen eyes sat across from me .

tick-tock-tick-tock

An infant crying, a worried mother.

tick-tock-tick-tock

My name was being called, I stood up dizzily.

tick-tock-tick-tock

It was my turn.

WILD

The River Roars

The wild river roars,
as it rushes past.
The trees bend 
with the wind.

The deep, dark forest 
surrounds you,
encases you,
makes you jump
at every sound.

You run
and run
and run,
till you no longer
know east from west.
South from north.
Love from hate.
Friend from foe.

You need to stop. 
Stop, to breathe, 
catch your breath.
Where are you?

A glow in the shadows
catches your eye.
A glint of hope.

A flicker from the mountains
makes you look at the sky.
A dream of things yet to come.

You close your eyes,
and inhale deeply,
and spin
slowly.

Flipping through
the pages of your life. 

Slipping through
the pages of reality.

By the time
your eyelids open again,
the sun has fallen into the sea.

The snow on the mountain top
no longer reflects
it's golden hue.

In the sky,
now shines the moon.
And billion stars 
light up the world.

Everything's going to be ...

My Favorite Color

Misty ocean,
Perfect sky,
Robin's egg,
Time to fly.

Morning glory
on the wall,
Catch the dew
of early fall.

Pair of jeans,
Uranus too,
Mountain scenes,
Something new. 

Have you guessed my color yet? 

One more hint, in case you haven't got it.

My favorite color is also..... a kind of MUSIC!

Just Dirt

I bent down,
knelt on the ground,
brought my fingers to the earth.

As I gently brushed my hand over it,
I thought of how many people,
said that it was dead
nothing more than
dust in the wind.

How is it then,
that something so dead
could bring so much life
and beauty
to so many?

I closed my eyes,
and laid down on the ground,
and felt the dirt beneath me.

It was so warm,
like a person's touch,
soft like a peach,
and free like a soaring bird,
yet still stable.

Earth speaks to us
through the trees, that live off its dirt,
through the ocean, that's filled with its rain,
through the people, who hear, but do not listen.

The salty sea air,
the leaves that drift slowly to the ground,
maple tree syrup,
smooth and sweet.

The pitter-patter of the rain,
the breath of the wind,
the fair complexion of the clouds,
the roar of the...

Cast of Characters

Conclusion Cast

Brett McAnders (main character):
physical description- boy,15, short brown hair, brown eyes, tall, thin
style- loose t-shirt, faded jeans
personality- ingenuitive, smart, shy, caring, considerate

Jane Montgomery (main character):
physical description- girl,14, long brown hair, green eyes, tall, average build
style- old, ragged knee length dresses
personality- shy, quiet, introverted, mysterious, kind, nervous(anxious)

Faith McAnders (main character):
physical description- girl, 7, shoulder length brown hair, brown eyes, tall, thin
style- skirts and art tees
personality- cute, innocent, outgoing, trusting 

Mrs. McAnders (minor character):
physical description- woman, 47, blond hair pulled into bun, gray eyes
style- business attire
personality- short, cold, business like

Officer Bonticelli (minor character):
physical description- man, 35, black hair, tall, slightly over weight
style- police uniform
personality- fair, kind, helpful

Writing Synapses

It's Your Life

Your life in 100 words.

Maybe you fell off a yacht, got picked up by Caribbean pirates, and escaped by stuffing banana peels in their cannons so they backfired.
Or, maybe you're an undercover spy that rescues people from your archenemies.
Or, you're royalty that's has to live with your cousins who are farmers due to rebellion in your country.

Okay, let's face it, most of our lives are hardly ever that exciting (even if we wish they were), but I bet you'll still have a hard time writing about it in 100 words or less. 

It's your life, write about it

Newsworthy

What's Happenin'?

February 1st, 2017- United States

Weekly Headline:

Our new president, Donald Trump, has recently passed some new laws

Bad News:

1. Building collapses in Pennsylvania, killing 6
  2. 1 casualty at New Mexico Air Force Base
  3. Guards taken hostage by inmates at Delaware Prison 

Good/Nice News:
  1. Veteran supports service dogs
  2. Super Bowl starts this week
  3. 94 year old graduates college with GPA of 4.0
  4. Stranger helps pregnant lady in airplane 

Winter Chills

A cool breeze sweeps across the desolate landscape
of seemingly dead trees and bushes.

You pretend you're smoking, 
as you blow puffs of white "smoke"
into the cold winter air.

The silence is so......silent 
that you feel a cold shiver run up your back.
It's as if the whole world is watching you
through convicting eyes.

No, winter is not friendly.
At least not to me,
but it gives you a strange sense of undeserving-ness, 
that holds you above your regular standards.

You walk on your toes
and speak in a whisper.
Afraid of the cleanness,
the Snow.

The Snow itself is an enchantress,
even if it doesn't snow.
She overshadows you,
with a contemplated glare.

The Snow isn't beautiful.
No, beauty is too ugly a word for her.
Her splendor is what makes you so self-conscious.
It makes you feel so terribly ugly and crude.

But winter still has something the rest of the seasons lack........
SNOW!

The Wings of Flight

One of my first memories is of flight. That is, when I was four I flew in an airplane. All I remember is the deep blue sky filled with fluffy sour-cream clouds. Ever since then, I have dreamed of once again drifting above the sparkling ocean. Finally, this summer I did.

I was so excited and, luckily, I had a window seat. I watched the airfield rush by as the plane sped up for take off. I was going faster than ever before! I felt the earth rock beneath me as the wheels of the Boeing 767 lifted off the ground. The feeling is inexplicable and so exhilarating.

If I looked up, all I saw was the robin egg blue sky drifting out into eternity, almost scary in its infinity. But if I looked down, it was terrifying! Although, not in the way you might expect. Seeing everything I had ever known ,within reason, stretched before me in...

TV Pilot Competition

Conclusion

SCENE 1 (EXTERIOR/INTERIOR-GARDEN SHED-DAY)

(Hammer banging on wood)
ANGLE ON: ivy covered shed, zooms in to view through cracked window at BRETT MCANDERS(15-short brown hair-brown eyes-tall-thin-loose t-shirt-faded jeans) pounding on something with a hammer in a crowded work space full of tools and pieces of wood and metal 

BRETT MCANDERS (V.O.) 
 It was Friday, 5 o'clock and I was tinkering in my shed, building shelves to sell. I was trying to save up to buy my sister a birthday pres- (hit his thumb with hammer) OUCH! 

BRETT (jumps around the shed, clutching his finger)
Knock on door.
JANE MONTGOMERY(14-long brown hair-green eyes-tall-average build-dusty blue dress) Brett? (as she opens the door and enters) What are you doing? (has quizzical look on her face, apparently having seen him jumping around) 
BRETT
Nothing (replies...

Life's Been Good's 424 Likes

​5th Grade by amalahmed1008

Published 4 days ago

Hail the Hero by Lone Warrior WW2

Published 2 days ago

Star Dust by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 3 days ago

Cairo by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 3 days ago

Kitchen by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 3 days ago

Universal Questions by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 11 days ago

My Fear by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 12 days ago

Hail the Hero by Lone Warrior WW2

Published 3 days ago

10 Opinions For Today by ParisInFrance

Published 3 months ago

Imagination by Marci Goodwin

Published 3 days ago

Heart by CCReed

Published 10 days ago

The Dance by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 17 days ago

The dragonish tattoo by _Rae

Published 16 days ago

People Without Faces by hannahgwtw

Published about 2 months ago

Brandy by Ceris Foster

Published 17 days ago

And yet by Zoey

Published 7 months ago

Remember Me by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 20 days ago

The Hay bale by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 23 days ago

Not a Noise. by Steen Teigen

Published 19 days ago

Amour by Aliyah

Published 29 days ago

Make colours! by Batman15

Published 29 days ago

Oooops by _ihatehighschool

Published 27 days ago

The Cursed by Lyra.Lyrical

Published 28 days ago

The Eagle by Dprime3

Published 28 days ago

Dark Figure by Dare to Dream

Published 28 days ago

Jonathan Lloyd Life by Jonathan Lloyd

Published 7 months ago

The Miscreants by AmeliaRose

Published 30 days ago

misnomer by Jess Schwartz

Published 30 days ago

Rain by The Void Explorer

Published 30 days ago

The Meadow by KitFisto898

Published about 1 month ago

Daddy's Girl by iamsemonee

Published about 1 month ago

Millionaire by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published about 1 month ago

A Canoe by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published about 1 month ago

First Time by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published about 1 month ago

Picture Wall by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published about 1 month ago

Pig by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published about 1 month ago

Don't Belive Them!!! by Ella_2705

Published about 1 month ago

Murder at Midnight by AddyG

Published about 1 month ago

A Dream by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published about 1 month ago

We Are One by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published about 1 month ago

Crack by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published about 1 month ago

Adwise by Vanilla

Published about 1 month ago

Tendril of Anxiety by amalahmed1008

Published about 1 month ago

Memory by Luna Lemon

Published about 1 month ago

Amelia- A fake story by Madison09

Published about 1 month ago

The Wild Ones Die by Ellie O'Grady

Published about 1 month ago

me by -ˏˋpaigeyˎˊ-

Published about 1 month ago

Caught by nursarahsafari

Published 4 months ago

The Last Wild Herd of Aradia by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published about 1 month ago

Barn by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published about 1 month ago

Soldier by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published about 1 month ago

Mask of home. by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published about 1 month ago

The Flag by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published about 1 month ago

Through the Lens by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published about 1 month ago

A Christmas story by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published about 1 month ago

Dear Little Sister by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published about 1 month ago

Expression by Danielle Salt

Published about 1 month ago

Shy Love by Kianna

Published about 1 month ago

The Gem of Friendship by zoeybooth

Published about 1 month ago

The Secondary Emotion by victoria.ho

Published about 1 month ago

Beautiful Fool by baileyd

Published about 1 month ago

Be Good by Annabelle

Published about 2 months ago

Universal Truths: Horse Racing by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published about 1 month ago

I never told you by baileyd

Published about 1 month ago

Hope by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published about 1 month ago

An end and a beginning by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published about 1 month ago

Bravery by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published about 1 month ago

Gardening/ Farming by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published about 1 month ago

Another by she's-got-a-story

Published about 1 month ago

Burnt Sienna by Water Woman

Published about 1 month ago

The Bomb by Water Woman

Published about 1 month ago

I Won't Forget by Vannah Mills

Published about 1 month ago

Prisoners of War by Fiona Boland

Published about 2 months ago

The Jar by fionauna

Published about 1 month ago

The Nerve of Him by Lola

Published about 1 month ago

Basking in the Thought of You by Alex Joy

Published about 1 month ago

The Truth by MaryApp

Published about 1 month ago

Little Broken Pieces by Natali Gramajo

Published about 2 months ago

A World of Beauty by rh1600@d60student.org

Published about 2 months ago

1 minute can change you. by Natashia Grace

Published about 2 months ago

Hidden Belongings by honeybeetai

Published about 2 months ago

How we see it... by Jason0904

Published about 2 months ago

Silence in the Gardens by Melimendo1313

Published about 2 months ago

The Trees by Brenda Rodriguez Deherrera

Published about 2 months ago

Why? by outwalkingthelights

Published about 2 months ago

Grace by UNC Angel :):):)

Published about 2 months ago

Something To Think About by Poppy M

Published about 2 months ago

Self-confidence (spoken word poetry) by Chloe Lee

Published about 2 months ago

CHEESE Louise by hiimlayla

Published 3 months ago

I Forgot! by Ella_2705

Published about 2 months ago

Crash by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published about 2 months ago

Rebel by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published about 2 months ago

The Jungle by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published about 2 months ago

Silent Soundtrack by Charity_Leaf

Published 7 months ago

Intriguing Stranger by CCReed

Published about 2 months ago

I Want Love by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published about 2 months ago

Happy/Ballerina by Alexandra Contreras-Montesano

Published about 2 months ago

The Child Sang as She Worked by Hanan Adi

Published about 2 months ago

Another by she's-got-a-story

Published about 2 months ago

Live by islagrace

Published about 2 months ago

The Memories by Faith Camp

Published about 2 months ago

A place I relive by Abhirup Thakur

Published 3 months ago

Girl I Know by Madison09

Published about 2 months ago

Good Morning by sharonpatta

Published about 2 months ago

The Same Way by PhoenixLegend

Published about 2 months ago

Freedom by Kenna Harrigan

Published about 2 months ago

Why not? by natashaanne

Published 3 months ago

Some Days by Faith Camp

Published about 2 months ago

Race by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published about 2 months ago

Invisible by TheStargazer23

Published about 2 months ago

Beautiful Days by Fidgetsally

Published about 2 months ago

How Troubles Go Away by Josie O'Grady

Published 6 months ago

Race by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published about 2 months ago

Hands by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published about 2 months ago

State Lines by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published about 2 months ago

Cause by Zeast malik

Published about 2 months ago

You Were Here by Kallie Moe

Published about 2 months ago

The Start of Three Weeks by outwalkingthelights

Published about 2 months ago

covent garden boy by hannahgwtw

Published about 2 months ago

Not Enough by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published about 2 months ago

Chocolate by Julie Swei

Published over 1 year ago

i am a night owl by Lola

Published about 2 months ago

The Forgotten Story by JacobDolorMi

Published about 2 months ago

Funniest kid around by Madison09

Published about 2 months ago

Writing the World by pj_daughter_of_athena

Published 8 months ago

A Student's Resolve by Jckoh

Published about 2 months ago

Carefree by My feels!

Published about 2 months ago

Writer's Struggle by J.BlackHood09

Published about 2 months ago

The Great Big World by Grace Mary Potts

Published over 2 years ago

Unrequited by Izzy 204

Published about 2 months ago

Numb by Charlotte Chua

Published 2 months ago

Why Do They Call...? by Zoe Skaggs

Published 2 months ago

This Year by Faith Camp

Published about 2 months ago

forgive me by glass_raindrops

Published about 2 months ago

Chemistry by Nahndi:)

Published about 2 months ago

Atelophobia by Vanilla

Published about 2 months ago

Piano by AyverTeina

Published 3 months ago

Race Track by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published about 2 months ago

Into the Light by rh1600@d60student.org

Published about 2 months ago

Maluhia Loaa Ma Ano by Payton Pemberton

Published 3 months ago

Pickle On My Wall by amalahmed1008

Published about 2 months ago

Love Grove by Aliyah

Published about 2 months ago

Lyrics Unsung by Phoebe L

Published 5 months ago

A second chance by Rebekah Mau

Published 2 months ago

Wasn't born with an American Dream by dishapatell

Published about 2 months ago

Pebble by Lola Hamlington

Published 3 months ago

Clara by choene

Published 2 months ago

I Remember by bethanydanielle13@gmail.com

Published 2 months ago

Gone from the world by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 2 months ago

Solitude by sophie james

Published 10 months ago

People-Watching by con16nie

Published 2 months ago

We've Lost Treasure Island by daisy 00087

Published 2 months ago

Iliad by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 2 months ago

Amber(incomplete) by SPSood

Published 2 months ago

State of Braces by Grace Hammond

Published about 1 year ago

Friends by Kenna Harrigan

Published 2 months ago

ten new 'me' things from today by seekingbeauty

Published 2 months ago

The Word Love by Vannah Mills

Published 2 months ago

Up And Down by Vannah Mills

Published 2 months ago

Old Friends by con16nie

Published 5 months ago

Amnesia by FALLON MARTIN

Published 2 months ago

PROMPT: TIME OF MY LIFE by Zoe Skaggs

Published 2 months ago

Fine by Jacob_lee

Published 2 months ago

Worth it by Jacob_lee

Published 2 months ago

The End by Fee

Published 2 months ago

I Remember by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 2 months ago

Defeated by a Chair by thefandomcinnamonroll

Published 4 months ago

Early Christmas Morning by KnightOfDreamland

Published 5 months ago

Neglect by Becky Wemigwans by becky wemigwans

Published 2 months ago

I remember by Alexis Kuhns

Published 2 months ago

Autumn by Zeast malik

Published 2 months ago

PROMPT: TIME OF MY LIFE by Zoe Skaggs

Published 2 months ago

I Can Still Remember by Amelie Wilson

Published 2 months ago

Moving by AscendingSeraph

Published 10 months ago

Graduation Dance by Josie O'Grady

Published 5 months ago

& your hand was holding mine by leadinghomeward

Published 2 months ago

Happy by BharathMamidipaka

Published 3 months ago

Haiku No. 1 - Drowning by Shi 时

Published 2 months ago

Sparrow by AscendingSeraph

Published 2 months ago

I Forget... I Am Sorry by This_kid_is

Published 2 months ago

nothing on my mind by Melissa Morgan

Published 2 months ago

the color of emotion by Melissa Morgan

Published 4 months ago

Hope by UNC Angel :):):)

Published 2 months ago

Just Because by Barbee_girl

Published 2 months ago

Swan's Sugar Cookies by Rachel Frohriep

Published 2 months ago

Free Writing by KittyCatsRule99

Published 2 months ago

Map by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 2 months ago

Dream by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 2 months ago

Sick by Max Berry

Published 3 months ago

Freedom by she's-got-a-story

Published 10 months ago

Sanctuary by Maddie Csikari

Published 2 months ago

The Flaw in Education by Simona Vigodner

Published 2 months ago

What Freedom Means to Me by CG_FC_6

Published over 1 year ago

Refugee crisis by CG_FC_6

Published 2 months ago

Why? by mystery_vehicle

Published 2 months ago

posession by Izzy N

Published 7 months ago

Escape from the Holocaust by Zoe Skaggs

Published 2 months ago

Hide and Seek by madpadfoot

Published 2 months ago

Flower by Faith Camp

Published 2 months ago

Race Track by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 2 months ago

Stars by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 2 months ago

Escape from the Holocaust by Zoe Skaggs

Published 2 months ago

10 Ideas by Areebah Qureshi

Published 3 months ago

Good bye by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 2 months ago

Come Catch me in the Waves by Faith Camp

Published 2 months ago

opinions by LuciferRising

Published 3 months ago

Photography: Faux ou pas by Written.by.Fifi

Published 2 months ago

Cigarettes by Fee

Published 2 months ago

Growing up by Michael O'Brien

Published 2 months ago

Childhood by Renessa Visser

Published 2 months ago

Mommy by Zeast malik

Published 2 months ago

Me by Jeremy H

Published over 1 year ago

Love by UNC Angel :):):)

Published 2 months ago

One Tale of Many by Stewart Worthington

Published 2 months ago

I Remember by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 2 months ago

Moon girl by Puddleduck

Published 2 months ago

Remembering Remembering by Vanilla

Published 2 months ago

Blind by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 2 months ago

Ocean by Ella_2705

Published 3 months ago

I forgot by toastburninglucy

Published 2 months ago

I Remember the End by CCReed

Published 2 months ago

Window Pane Opinions by daisy 00087

Published 2 months ago

Wishes Chapter 1 by TheWingedKetten

Published 2 months ago

Growing Up by jthornton6@bcps.org

Published 2 months ago

Winters Blanket by Feather

Published 8 months ago

A starless night by Hailey Duggirala

Published 8 months ago

The Mushroom by Grover_the_forest

Published 4 months ago

She's Not The Girl by not.just.another.girl

Published 9 months ago

Existence by she's-got-a-story

Published 3 months ago

The Case for Paid Parental Leave by KaitlinGGCL

Published 2 months ago

An Equalist by Stewart Worthington

Published 3 months ago

Never Should Have Left by CCReed

Published 3 months ago

Social media: Is it good or bad? by Crazyspark

Published 3 months ago

Magic by AH

Published 3 months ago

Dust by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 3 months ago

News Schmooze by -ˏˋpaigeyˎˊ-

Published 3 months ago

Colors by Grover_the_forest

Published 3 months ago

You tell me by Crazyspark

Published 3 months ago

Outside This Place by Kate_Marijolovic

Published 3 months ago

The Cost by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 3 months ago

Grading the Grade by Bryson Bugdon

Published 3 months ago

Hard Rain by Ford

Published 3 months ago

This Morning. by Alexa Merrill

Published 3 months ago

To Take a Walk Backwards by she's-got-a-story

Published 3 months ago

The Wall by Jake Rocap

Published 3 months ago

Heart break by Crazyspark

Published 3 months ago

Djinn Blood by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 3 months ago

The Moor of Elk Pine by Ellie Applegate

Published 3 months ago

“Faster, Faster!” by Holden Petty

Published 3 months ago

Pulling the Trigger Online by Angelina Nguyen

Published 3 months ago

Drown by ellie.j

Published 4 months ago

D-Day by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 3 months ago

Gentrification Nation by callowaygolf

Published 3 months ago

Published 3 months ago

Quotes from the soul by Alexis Kuhns

Published 3 months ago

Our Wild History by CatieB

Published 3 months ago

Ice+Storm=Ice Storm by Zoe Skaggs

Published 3 months ago

A Book's Life by Suri Purefoy

Published 4 months ago

The Broken Rule by _foreverwild_

Published 3 months ago

Life is a Gift by Allie-Dickson

Published 4 months ago

Nature's unkown by toastburninglucy

Published 3 months ago

Water by Dprime3

Published 3 months ago

School by Dprime3

Published 3 months ago

Why, oh why, oh why? by BrookeG23

Published 3 months ago

Home by natashaanne

Published 3 months ago

What is life? by Georgie Ah Loy

Published 3 months ago

A Circle of Love by Shattered Eyes

Published over 1 year ago

The Mirror by Ioana Georgiana

Published 3 months ago

The elements' paradoxes by Someone

Published 3 months ago

1 Photo, 100 Words, 200 Jellyfish by Bo Bednar

Published 3 months ago

Sled Dogs by ChristinaFire

Published 3 months ago

Home. by ngraf01

Published 3 months ago

Friendship by DaHay1

Published 3 months ago

That's What Sisters Are For by Zoe Skaggs

Published 3 months ago

To look or To Peer? by Gabriella.rose

Published 3 months ago

The Heart of Africa by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 3 months ago

Self Portrait in Words by Zoe Skaggs

Published 3 months ago

Sour Lemonade by Madie Ellise

Published 3 months ago

Sour Lemonade by Madie Ellise

Published 3 months ago

My Glass Prison by ElenaH

Published 3 months ago

Optimism by Aria Baldi

Published 3 months ago

Know you by Emma Emerald

Published 3 months ago

Extraordinary Things by E. SN. Clare

Published 4 months ago

Flaws and Dead Things by CCReed

Published 3 months ago

I Know by Robert Snider

Published 10 months ago

Tame by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 3 months ago

10 Opinions by alissae796

Published 3 months ago

Home by Aria Baldi

Published 3 months ago

The Soldiers Cross by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 3 months ago

You Were Here by Kallie Moe

Published 5 months ago

Perseverance by Andrew Toma

Published 4 months ago

You're Safe Now. by GardeLuve

Published 3 months ago

A Belief So Deep by Rachel the Author

Published 4 months ago

Childhood by Arielle Night

Published 3 months ago

What am I? by Fee

Published 6 months ago

The Ghosts by she's-got-a-story

Published 3 months ago

Escaping by Roisin Dauth

Published 3 months ago

Final Poems by Noah Kelly

Published 3 months ago

Running by AlaynaK

Published 3 months ago

The Usual Problem by Stewart Worthington

Published 3 months ago

Fireworks by Emii _

Published 3 months ago

10 Opinions by BrookeG23

Published 3 months ago

Sounds of the Sky by Elizabeth Stolbova

Published 3 months ago

I Believe in the Impossible by Poohbear

Published 4 months ago

You'll Be Alright by Suri Purefoy

Published 3 months ago

It Starts With 'L' by fionauna

Published 3 months ago

Anger by Arielle Night

Published 3 months ago

agony by Arielle Night

Published 3 months ago

Privacy? by fionauna

Published 3 months ago

Her Little Fairy by jj1325

Published 3 months ago

Starlight by icyashryver

Published 3 months ago

Memorising by Vanilla

Published 3 months ago

Discrete World Piolt by alyssafeldner

Published 3 months ago

Flaws and Dead Things by CCReed

Published 3 months ago

Opinions by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 3 months ago

I Will Always Love The Jellyfish by Zoe Skaggs

Published 3 months ago

Believe by Aria Baldi

Published 3 months ago

It's Not Fair by E. SN. Clare

Published 3 months ago

Hope by Ford

Published 3 months ago

Gang Life by EddieLunsford

Published 3 months ago

Bubble Dreams by Ellie O'Grady

Published 3 months ago

Starting As Seeds by Zoe Skaggs

Published 3 months ago

Melody by Zoe Skaggs

Published 3 months ago

Wistful Moon by mystery_vehicle

Published 4 months ago

Gone by _Rae

Published 3 months ago

Red by _Rae

Published 3 months ago

One Second by fionauna

Published 3 months ago

Through My Eyes by fionauna

Published 3 months ago

The Fox by LuciferRising

Published 3 months ago

What I Dream by she's-got-a-story

Published 3 months ago

Overdramatic by CCReed

Published 3 months ago

Birds of a Feather by CCReed

Published 3 months ago

Straight Ahead by Angelina Nguyen

Published 3 months ago

Bravery by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 3 months ago

Unbroken by Renessa Visser

Published 3 months ago

The Moon by Applecharm11 Starhorse

Published 3 months ago

I Believe In Me by The Rebellious One!

Published 4 months ago

I Believe by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 3 months ago

Please by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 4 months ago

Home by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 4 months ago

A Hero's Heart by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 4 months ago

Rose by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 4 months ago

Wild by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 4 months ago

Solace by ellie.j

Published 4 months ago

Unanswered by Katie B.

Published 12 months ago

Falling by Katie B.

Published 6 months ago

Journey to Somewhere by Katie B.

Published 5 months ago

thoughts and words by Fee

Published 6 months ago

An Aluminum Prop by jj1325

Published 4 months ago

Reader by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 4 months ago

Courage by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 4 months ago

Twists and Turns by animal_lover

Published 4 months ago

The Lonely Mountain by Courteney Campbell

Published 4 months ago

December: A Month to Remember by Swasti

Published 6 months ago

My obsession by Ellen W

Published 7 months ago

December by Anna Holtz

Published 6 months ago

life lemon by Jolin Low

Published 4 months ago

US by Emali

Published 4 months ago

The Beauty of the Blue Room by ellie.j

Published 4 months ago

Paper Moon by Sarah D

Published 7 months ago

A soldiers Prayer by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 4 months ago

A Tree by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 4 months ago

Home alone by Bochenek4

Published 4 months ago

Cartography by Maggie Mills

Published 4 months ago

Rain Race by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 4 months ago

Liftoff by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 4 months ago

Sea Storm by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 4 months ago

Homecoming by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 4 months ago

Time by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 4 months ago

10,000 Maniacs by thefandomcinnamonroll

Published 4 months ago

Reader by Riley Asher-Stalbaum

Published 4 months ago

The Giver Review by Ford

Published 4 months ago

100 Words by KnightOfDreamland

Published 5 months ago

What I Dream by she's-got-a-story

Published 4 months ago

Be yourself by UNC Angel :):):)

Published 4 months ago

​Running Away by casual.ties

Published 5 months ago

Finn Jean and the Framed by lulumelon

Published 4 months ago

Differences by Ford

Published 4 months ago

Atlantic Winter by Ellie O'Grady

Published 5 months ago

The Camp by Benjamin Burke

Published 4 months ago

Music is... by Ford

Published 4 months ago

Little soldier by Alexis Kuhns

Published 4 months ago

Tired by Alexis Kuhns

Published 4 months ago

1942 by casual.ties

Published about 1 year ago

No One Cares by nmallaghan

Published 4 months ago

47 Likes from Others

Not Enough Time

Liked by 2 people

The Real Musician

Liked by 1 person

That Book

Liked by 3 people

Desperado by The Eagles

Liked by 1 person

The Roof

Liked by 1 person

Star Light, Star Bright

Liked by 4 people

Conscience

Liked by 2 people

Baker Street

Liked by 1 person

Potential

Liked by 2 people

Music

Liked by 2 people

My House

Liked by 4 people

Survival 101

Liked by 2 people

War

Liked by 2 people

Only a Cookie

Liked by 1 person

People Who Love Me

Liked by 1 person

The River

Liked by 1 person

Scrumptious

Liked by 3 people

The Farmer's Plight

Liked by 1 person

The Letter

Liked by 2 people

Harry and Veronica (Squirrels)

Liked by 1 person

Sand Dollar

Liked by 1 person

Ruins

Liked by 2 people

Heartbreak

Liked by 2 people

Mint Leaves and Misty Grass

Liked by 1 person

Soap in the Water-Fountain

Liked by 1 person

Everythin' Milkshake

Liked by 1 person

Shatter

Liked by 1 person

Rerun

Liked by 1 person

Wind

Liked by 1 person

Romania

Liked by 1 person

Innocent Five

Liked by 1 person

Mouse

Liked by 2 people

Mouse

Liked by 1 person

World Through My Eyes

Liked by 1 person

Fluid Ink

Liked by 2 people

Picture

Liked by 1 person

Bewitching Hour

Liked by 1 person

The River Roars

Liked by 3 people

Conclusion Cast

Liked by 1 person

My Favorite Color

Liked by 1 person

Just Dirt

Liked by 1 person

Winter Chills

Liked by 1 person

Good neighbor

We like your photo and your biography.

Earned 4 months ago

Master reviewer

Um. Just saying you have published OVER FIFTY REVIEWS!!

Earned 3 months ago

Pro reviewer

You've now submitted over five reviews!

Earned 4 months ago

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned 4 months ago

Follower

You're following over five other writers.

Earned 4 months ago

Supporter

You're following over 10 other writers right now.

Earned 4 months ago

Admirer

You've followed over twenty other writers!

Earned 4 months ago

Patron

You're following over thirty other writers!

Earned 4 months ago

Leader

You're being followed by over five other writers!

Earned 4 months ago

Super star

You've got SO many followers - more than thirty!

Earned 2 months ago

Power writer

Do you ever sleep? You've written over TEN THOUSAND WORDS.

Earned 3 months ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned 5 months ago

Prolific

You really are prolific - you've published over ten pieces already.

Earned 4 months ago

Favoriter

Love your work - you've read and favorited over ten pieces published by others

Earned 4 months ago

Popular penman

Very nicely done - you've got over ten favorites.

Earned 3 months ago

Reviewer

You've reviewed!

Earned 4 months ago

Top critic

Woohoo. You've submitted over fifteen reviews.

Earned 4 months ago

Competitor

Thanks for entering a competition.

Earned 4 months ago

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.