Vin

"The normal human consciousness is not equipped to deal with the pillars and suspension cables of the universe."

Agender (they/them), chronically ill, chaotic neutral, slytherin.

I've been writing as long as I can remember, and I never intend to stop. I write speculative fiction, and I'm most at home among the underrepresented and the bizarre.
Cheers ;)

Neil Gaiman
Terry Pratchett
Norse mythology
Sandman
Doctor Who
Sherlock
Death Note
Supernatural

Peer Reviews

Another Planet's Heaven

PROMPT: Science Fiction Competition 2018

I don't do reviews super often, and the reason I did this time is because this piece grabbed me and wouldn't let go, and I wanted to do everything I could to help it become the fantastic story I know it can be. I went through and made suggestions via highlights. Many of them are grammatical, like suggestions to cut a few words or change the structure of something. Remembers that yours is always the final say. I also highlighted places where I was a little confused, and things that I especially loved. For someone who's never written sci-fi before, you did a phenomenal job! I will look forwards to further drafts of this piece, and I can see this it being a winner. Thank you so much for writing.

about 2 years

Sadie: Scars

I absolutely love your writing style. Simple, to the point, clear, and yet very vivid at the same time. It's like a charcoal sketch; not super bright or colorful, beautiful instead because of its smudges and shadows. It's exactly the kind of thing I love to read, and to write. Your style and subject matter remind me a bit of my own. All in all, a fantastic piece of writing.

about 2 years

The Book of Dead Names, and a Thief - A Short Story

This was an excellent piece. Your writing voice is engaging, your humor well-placed and well-timed, your characters interesting, and your setting vivid (sorry if I'm repeating stuff). Most of my highlighted bits focus on small things; a sentence or phrase or description I particularly enjoyed, or a recommendation on how to tighten things up and improve the grammar. I really enjoyed writing and reviewing this, and I'm sorry it's taken me so long to look at you work! I'm very glad that I did, and I hope you find it helpful! -Shannon

over 2 years

The Raven Mask

This was a fabulous piece, so a lot of my highlighted bits are kind of nit-picky. Overall it was fantastic, so I focused on small things like grammar and word choice just to help strengthen it as a whole, and I also highlighted things that I especially liked. I wanted to thank you for your praise of my own work! I'm so glad I came and looked at yours, you're a wonderful writer, and I had a great time reading and reviewing this piece. Keep up the good work!

over 2 years

I NEED

This is such an impactful piece, I wish more people could read it. It was super evocative and moving. Really wonderful job!

about 3 years