Vin

"The normal human consciousness is not equipped to deal with the pillars and suspension cables of the universe."

They/them, chronically ill, chaotic neutral.

I've been writing as long as I can remember, and I never intend to stop. I write speculative fiction, and I'm most at home among the underrepresented and the bizarre.

Neil Gaiman
Terry Pratchett
Norse mythology
Sandman
Doctor Who
The Magnus Archives
Leverage
The Mechanisms

Peer Reviews

Another Planet's Heaven

PROMPT: Science Fiction Competition 2018

I don't do reviews super often, and the reason I did this time is because this piece grabbed me and wouldn't let go, and I wanted to do everything I could to help it become the fantastic story I know it can be. I went through and made suggestions via highlights. Many of them are grammatical, like suggestions to cut a few words or change the structure of something. Remembers that yours is always the final say. I also highlighted places where I was a little confused, and things that I especially loved. For someone who's never written sci-fi before, you did a phenomenal job! I will look forwards to further drafts of this piece, and I can see this it being a winner. Thank you so much for writing.

almost 3 years

Sadie: Scars

I absolutely love your writing style. Simple, to the point, clear, and yet very vivid at the same time. It's like a charcoal sketch; not super bright or colorful, beautiful instead because of its smudges and shadows. It's exactly the kind of thing I love to read, and to write. Your style and subject matter remind me a bit of my own. All in all, a fantastic piece of writing.

almost 3 years

The Book of Dead Names, and a Thief - A Short Story

This was an excellent piece. Your writing voice is engaging, your humor well-placed and well-timed, your characters interesting, and your setting vivid (sorry if I'm repeating stuff). Most of my highlighted bits focus on small things; a sentence or phrase or description I particularly enjoyed, or a recommendation on how to tighten things up and improve the grammar. I really enjoyed writing and reviewing this, and I'm sorry it's taken me so long to look at you work! I'm very glad that I did, and I hope you find it helpful! -Shannon

about 3 years

Gifted

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

unknown

The Raven Mask

This was a fabulous piece, so a lot of my highlighted bits are kind of nit-picky. Overall it was fantastic, so I focused on small things like grammar and word choice just to help strengthen it as a whole, and I also highlighted things that I especially liked. I wanted to thank you for your praise of my own work! I'm so glad I came and looked at yours, you're a wonderful writer, and I had a great time reading and reviewing this piece. Keep up the good work!

over 3 years

I NEED

This is such an impactful piece, I wish more people could read it. It was super evocative and moving. Really wonderful job!

almost 4 years

The Box

PROMPT: Writing for Children Competition 2017

unknown

​Jump

PROMPT: What Came Before

unknown

How Beautiful It Can Be

PROMPT: 1 Photo, 100 Words

unknown