Capture

Laika

"The normal human consciousness is not equipped to deal with the pillars and suspension cables of the universe."

Hey, I'm Shannon. They/them pronouns, please.
I've been writing as long as I can remember, and I never intend to stop. I'm a spoonie (chronically ill person), but I try not to let that stop me from writing every day. I write mostly sci-fi and fantasy. I like to read and watch stuff on the shadowy side, I identify more with villains than heroes, and I have a bit of a dry, dark sense of humor.
Cheers ;)

Be More Chill
Neil Gaiman
Terry Pratchett
David Eddings
Robert Jordan
Eric William Morris
Norse mythology
Doctor Who
Sherlock
Merlin
Supernatural
Slytherin

Capture

Laika (United States) liked The Taste of Duty by alabaanna (Nigeria)

Capture

Laika (United States) liked Hello? by Johanna (Singapore)

Capture

Laika (United States) liked A Midnight Exchange by Isla-Grace Davies (United Kingdom)

Capture

Laika (United States) liked world in flames by Isla-Grace Davies (United Kingdom)

Capture

Laika (United States) reviewed:

Sadie: Scars

I absolutely love your writing style. Simple, to the point, clear, and yet very vivid at the same time. It's like a charcoal sketch; not super bright or colorful, beautiful instead because of its smudges and shadows. It's exactly the...

Capture

Laika (United States) liked The Assassin by Marerider (United States)

Capture

Laika (United States) liked 31 Random Things About Myself Because I'm Bored by Paperbird (United States)

Capture
5bc17933e52c242f8471e18ef5ba84cc  acrylic animal paintings canvases paintings of flowers acrylic

Laika (United States) started following Paperbird (United States)

Capture

Laika (United States) liked A Slightly Revised Version Of Something That Still Needs A Lot Of Work by Paperbird (United States)

Capture

Laika (United States) liked Sadie: Scars by novelistinthedark (United States)

Dealing With Character Deaths

Given that we're all writers on here, it's pretty safe to assume that we're all readers, too. You can't write well without reading a LOT. I'm reading a book currently, and a character--a beloved, wonderful character who I love with all my heart--was just killed. And I have no idea what to do with myself. I cried, and then managed to stop crying, but there's an ache in my chest and every time I think about it I start crying again. So I ate some chocolate, and I've been trying not to think about it, which is much easier said than done. This character did not deserve to die. Not in the slightest.
    It's crazy how the death of a fictional character can have such a dramatic and painful effect on us. It's horrible, and hard to understand, but beautiful at the same time, because it means that those characters were real. They weren't just words on...

Zoom In

My Graveyard

I have spent many afternoons exploring the graveyard. 
        This was an afternoon of patchy clouds and cool wind; wind winding around trees and whistling through the rusty metal gates of a mausoleum, where the sun shone in through a stained glass window, tinted shadows bleeding together on the marble floor. There was a flat expanse of graves; headstones and statues, some cracked, some polished, all worn by the elements. But to one side of that flat dusty plain the earth curved upwards, a hill that looked as if it wouldn't come down again on the other side, covered with trees, carpeted with moss and leaves, bathed in cool shade. I went straight up the hill, leaning on my crutches, struggling with my heart, which was inevitably beating too fast. It was quiet, except for the wind and the crunch of my feet on the leaves, and the trees sighing. 
           I searched for names. That was...

Shadowwrath: Part I

Alarms erupted down the mountainside, echoing off the surrounding peaks, causing snowbanks that had been sedate and still for months to burst into frantic, tumbling flight down the slopes. In the cold cement barracks, Emin Madra sat up, yelping as his head collided with the top of his bunk. Alarms wailed in the barracks now too, and Emin started to put his hands over his ears. But there was no time for that.
        Around him, men leapt out of bed, scrambling for combat gear and weapons. Emin joined them, his fingers stiff and stupid with the residue of sleep. Constant drills had done their job, however; in a few minutes he and the others were fully equipped and pouring out of the barracks into waiting jeeps. Helicopters whirred to life in a single angry drone and lifted off, leading the way up the mountain, searchlights glaring in the darkness. In the jeep, Emin sat with his shoulders hunched, wedged in...

Shadowwrath: Part I

Poetry and Spoken Word Competition

You

I met you for the second time today. 
It's strange, 
How just one look, 
A conversation, 
A few smiles against the backdrop of shared laughter, 
And already, 
I know you are special.  
I know you mean something to me beyond the norm, 
That I want to see you again.  
That I need to.  

Talking to you, 
Just felt so right, 
Words slipped into place like puzzle pieces, 
And I didn't need light to see it. 
I could have put that puzzle together in the dark.  
It wasn't awkward, 
It didn't matter that we had only met once before, 
You made me feel wonderful, 
Safe, 
And I didn't want to leave your side. 

You are so smart, 
A brilliant light. 
You talked about great authors like they were old friends you used to laugh with, 
And it made me wish I'd known you longer, 
So that I could share those inside jokes. 
You love Shakespeare, 
You're an actor and a writer,  ...

I've Been Stolen From and I Need Advice

Hey guys. So something really sucky just happened to me. Earlier today I was looking in the lockbox in my room where I keep my money (I don't keep it locked, apparently I should), and over a hundred and fifty dollars are gone. That hundred and fifty were from winning past competitions, and it also seems like someone has been taking twenties out of the box for a while. I get a twenty every month for allowance, and since I'm sick and housebound, I never spend it, 'cause I don't go anywhere. Anyway, when I looked there were only four twenties, when there should have been almost a year's worth. It seems like someone has been stealing from me for a while. I feel so stupid for not noticing before, but I probably wouldn't have if they hadn't done something stupid and taken a fifty dollar bill and a hundred dollar bill. I knew for sure that those should have...

Poetry and Spoken Word Competition

You

I met you for the second time today. 
It's strange, 
How just one look, 
A conversation, 
And already, 
I know you are special.  
That I want to see you again.  
That I need to.  

Talking to you, 
Just felt so right, 
And I didn't need light to see it. 
It wasn't awkward, 
You made me feel wonderful, 
Safe, 
And I didn't want to leave your side. 

You are so smart, 
A brilliant light. 
You love Shakespeare, 
You're an actor and a writer,  ...

You

I met you for the second time today.
It's strange,
How just one look,
A conversation,
And already,
I know you are special. 
That I want to see you again. 
That I need to. 

Talking to you,
Just felt so right,
And I didn't need light to see it.
It wasn't awkward,
You made me feel wonderful,
Safe,
And I didn't want to leave your side.

You are so smart,
A brilliant light.
You love Shakespeare,
You're an actor and a writer, ...

Love in 13 Words

Stand Out

Love is clear when one person makes a whole crowd fade into nothing.

A Cordial Note

Dear would-be car thief,

As the owner of this vehicle, it is my responsibility to inform you that I have a passion for pyrotechnics. As such, and as a deterrent to people such as yourself, I have rigged things so that if anyone attempts to hot-wire my car, there will be a spectacular explosion that will engulf the car and anyone unfortunate enough to be in it. I must admit that I am also something of a pyromaniac, and would enjoy watching the flames as the car burned. My car is insured; I can easily have it replaced, probably even with one nicer than this. In fact, you'd be doing me a favor. You, on the other hand, may have life insurance (though I doubt it given that you're attempting to steal a car), but in truth that is a misleading term. I think death insurance would be more appropriate, for although money still changes hands, insurance companies have no...

Midnight Musing

Living in a warped city of lies,
Where the cracked and damaged sky,
Weeps glass down onto bent heads,
Hunched shoulders hiding under worn threads,
The shattered pavement mirrors my skin,
What kind of world is this we are dying in.

Accusation

“This was your fault!” Jordan shouted, grabbing Nik by the front of his shirt and shoving him into a tree, pinning him there.
        “It was a group decision!”
        “It was your stupid idea. You talked the rest of us into it. You got us into this mess!”
        “If you’ll look back, you’ll remember that I’m also the one who got us out of it!” Nik yelled.
        He tried to push Jordan away, but the older boy was much stronger than he was. Jordan's meaty knuckles pressed into his chest; it was all he could to keep from grimacing in pain. The others had begun to gather around. Nik could see angry faces on all sides. They were muttering, a low, angry drone like a swarm of bees who had discovered an intruder in the hive. Angus looked worried, and Nik almost smirked. There was unrest in the kingdom, and the king did not like unrest.
        “You wouldn’t’ve had to if...

The Knave

The village burned almost as loud as it did bright. The flames hissed, crackled, roared in the darkness. The blazing buildings caused the earth to shake as they collapsed, sending thousands upon thousands of sparks skyward to join the towering flames. It could have been daytime, instead of the middle of the night, but for the eerily flickering shadows and the orange glow bathed on every panicked face. The screams of the villagers ripped through the night like the daggers that had been plunged into the hearts of those who tried to flee.
        The Knave sat on a jet-black horse on a hill just outside the village walls. The orange glow danced on his scarred face, shadows cast by his hood obscuring his eyes. A few of his men stood near him on the hill. Some had turned away, trying to block the screams of the dying from their ears, but not he. The sound of death was music to...

In Motion

​One With the Wind

Haley looked up. Beams of sunlight shattered on the forest canopy, twining downwards between the leaves, tussling with each other to be the first to reach the forest floor. The shafts of sun alighted on the earth for only seconds before they spun away again, twitching from leaf to leaf, never still as the wind courted the tree branches above in an endless dance. Haley found herself sighing with the wind. Here the world never stood still, yet every motion was part of a certain stillness, bathed in tranquility. Every sound echoed as part of the earth’s silent breathing. Haley breathed with it, inhaling and exhaling, and the wind surged through her lungs like it did through the trees. She felt the urge to dance and be still all at once. In this place, the trees accepted her. The leaves serenaded her. The wind understood her, and invited her into itself. Here, a cloak of safety wound Haley in its folds. She belonged to the...

My December Competition 2017

Tomorrow

Last Christmas I got a bike.
        It wasn’t a wake-up-in-the-morning-and-there-it-is present. Instead, my dad and I went a few days before Christmas to a bike shop in town, so that I could choose for myself. I was fourteen, and had been riding my mum’s bike, when I’d had occasion to ride one. In the last few years I’d shot up in a rush and tangle of limbs, and my old bike sat abandoned in the back shed.
        Rain cascaded down on my me and my dad when we got out of our car; the kind of misty rain that’s like standing near a waterfall. It had been like that for days; grey, wet, dreary, and monotonous.
        Two cats patrolled the bike shop. Standoffish cats who glared disdainfully at customers invading their home, who slouched off to curl up in corners where they could avoid disturbance. They say that people are often like their pets. It was true of the woman...

My December Competition 2017

Tomorrow

Last Christmas I got a bike.
        It wasn’t a wake-up-in-the-morning-and-there-it-is present. Instead, my dad and I went a few days before Christmas to a bike shop in town, so that I could choose for myself. I was fourteen, and had been riding my mum’s bike, when I’d had occasion to ride one. In the last few years I’d shot up in a rush and tangle of limbs, and my old bike was much too small.
        It was a rainy day in December. December is always rainy where I live. I’ve never seen a white Christmas. Never woken up in the morning to see tiny feathers falling from the sky, never felt the crunch of snow under slippered feet, never seen the skid marks of Santa’s sleigh cutting through the blanket of glittery white. We had sleigh marks in the damp grass of the lawn once, but somehow that isn’t the same.
        There were two cats in the bike shop. Standoffish...

Novel Writing Competition 2017

Chapter One: Graveyard

Orthadai Bloom was fond of graveyards. They were neat, quiet, and they took things seriously. Most people, he knew, thought of graveyards as places of death; of endings. Of things lost. But to Orthadai Bloom, they were quite the opposite. A graveyard contained the lives of countless people, countless stories; stories with happy endings and sad ones. The only unfortunate part was that most of the stories lived—or rather, did not live—only in the memories of the dead.
        Orthadai Bloom was not the name he had been given, though that might seem the only fathomable way to have acquired such a name. He did not remember the name he had been given. Only the one he had chosen for himself. He had found this name written on a tombstone; an old, moss-covered thing from a forgotten century. That had been back when he still remembered his given name, and had been searching for a way...

Novel Writing Competition 2017

Chapter One: Graveyard

Orthadai Bloom was not the name he had been given, though that might seem the only fathomable way to have acquired such a name. He did not remember the name he had been given. Only the one he had chosen for himself. He had found this name written on a tombstone; an old, moss-covered thing from a forgotten century. That had been back when he still remembered his given name, and had been searching for a way to get rid of it....

Novel Writing Competition 2017

Chapter One: Graveyard

Orthadai Bloom was fond of graveyards. They were neat, quiet, and they took things seriously. Most people, he knew, thought of graveyards as places of death; of endings. Of things lost. But to Orthadai Bloom, they were quite the opposite. A graveyard contained the lives of countless people, countless stories; stories with happy endings and sad ones. The only unfortunate part was that most of the stories could be remembered only by the occupants of the graves.
        Orthadai Bloom was not the name he had been given, though that might seem the only fathomable way to have acquired such a name. He did not remember the name he had been given. Only the one he had chosen for himself. He had found this name written on a tombstone; an old, moss-covered thing missing both corners. That had been back when he still remembered his given name, and had been searching for a way to get rid of it. He’d left...

Flash Fiction Competition 2017

Sun

Sun-cracked lips and eyes half open. Beads of sweat wreathe the forehead, trickling downwards; a salty tang hits the tongue. Sand invades the body; itching, suffocating. Thirst parches the throat, burns red-hot. Limbs drag across the ground, then head surrenders and face meets the scorched sand. Sun ignites the mane of hair, winter hair, cascading down like a cloak, concentrating the heat. The chest heaves, breathing comes in quick, stifled gasps. The air is too hot to be air. It is syrup, thick and cloying. Fear is in the sweat that trickles downwards. The final breath flares and dies.   

Truths and Untruths

Things To Do At Midnight

1. Change locations. One a week I get up, pack, and move on. Midnight is a good time to do that.

2. Feed that cat. There always seems to be a cat about. It’s never my cat, but there always seems to be one, anyway. I keep a little something for them, just in case.

3. If I could, I’d like to sit on a hilltop in the dark, gazing at the moon and the stars. I’d like to do it without worrying, without always looking back over my shoulder, afraid of what the shadows might be hiding.

4. I look at my pictures around midnight. I have a small shoe box that I take with me no matter how many times I move. There are three photographs inside. One shows three people: a man, a woman, and a young girl. My parents, and my sister. The picture was taken before He came. The second photo shows...

Truths and Untruths

Things To Do At Midnight

I wish that the things inside my head could be real

I wish that some things that are real were only nightmares inside my head.

I wish that I could go a day without being in pain.

I wish that I could take other people's pain away.

I wish that the things I pretend don't exist would oblige me.

I wish that the things I pretend do exist would oblige me.

I wish that the people inside my head would come out and stand beside me. 

I wish that the stories I tell would become real.

I wish for an excuse to run, to keep running and never look back.

I wish for a reason to stay, for something to ground me and a safe place to hide.

Sometimes I wish to die and then come back again. I can't help wondering how it would feel.

Hermes's Day Off

Dawn was just—er—dawning, on Olympus. It was going to be a lovely day. And it was especially nice for me: Hermes, god of tricksters, thieves, and cunning. Those are the good parts. I’m also the messenger of the gods, which is a slightly less glamorous job. I spend a lot of my time running around carrying messages for my grumpy relatives.
        It’s always, “Hermes, be a good chap and send this declaration of love to my latest girlfriend.”
        Or, “Hermes, I’m fresh out of that luscious moisturizer that’s all the rage with the mortals right now. Go and fetch me some more.”
        Or, “Hermes, Poseidon just killed this mortal in a fit of rage. Could you escort him to the underworld? It’s the least we can do.”
        And, more often than you might think, “HERMES! GO DOWN TO EARTH THIS INSTANT AND TELL MY GOOD FOR NOTHING HUSBAND ZEUS TO GET HIS HANDS OFF THAT DRYAD!”
        Some might envy...

Burgundwen

It was not much of a town, Burgundwen.
                It lay in nowhere’s backyard, self-consciously unwilling to take up too much space. Burgundwen was unremarkable in every respect, except maybe its size; it was old, but not decrepit, shabby, but not crumbling, and quaint, but not picturesque. The adventurous traveler who neared Burgundwen would have to take care not to sneeze, or they would find the town in their rear-view mirror without being able to comprehend how it had got there. 
                The other strange thing about Burgundwen was the people who lived there—or rather, didn’t. Someone merely passing through would notice that sure, while the gas station offered gas, and those automated thingies devoured one’s money willingly enough, there wasn’t a person in sight. Not in the whole ding-danged town.
                And the name, too. What kind of a name for a town was Burgundwen? The founder of the town—who could be called that only in the loosest of...

Snow

Snowflakes fall like tiny feathers from the sky, the soft insides of a pillow burst in some divine slumber party. The elfin wingtips brush my face, alight on my hair; cold and icy, not as soft as they seem. Tiny splintered chips of cold. One lands on the tip of my finger and I stare at it, watching as it melts. Beautiful. I feel a pang as it fades away; it is a pity that the beauty is so small and so short-lived. And so rarely appreciated. I consider how many beautiful things there are whose beauty is destroyed by too much examination. A snowflake melts. A flower wilts. A rainbow disappears if you squint too hard. A bolt of lightning is instantaneous, easily missed altogether.        
        I sit on a bench, in the snow, in the cheery, busy brightness of the downtown. There are so many people trudging through the crowded streets, wrapped in mufflers and scarves, faces red...

Turned to Stone

The Face

I have had a face ingrained in my subconscious since the day I was born. I know its every detail better than my own. It has always been there, from the moment I sucked in my first breath and felt the cold air on my face and saw the flashing lights and hear the loud, clamoring noises of being alive, all the sensations working overtime, introducing themselves without invitation to the little body who just wasn’t quite ready for the world. The face brought me peace. Gave me something to hold on to when I was afraid I would drift away in to all the sounds and sensations; when I was longing for the dark warmth of my mother’s womb; when I was turning my tiny lungs inside out in my desperation to drown it all. The face brought me comfort. The face belongs to someone who has always been there, watching me. Never interfering, just watching. Almost curious. Until...

Writing for Children Competition 2017

Winkle and the Window

A long time ago, there lived a small boy called Winkle. His mother had named him after the stars, which had winked and twinkled in the sky at his birth, laughing at nothing, as stars do. Winkle lived with his mother and father in a cottage by the sea, and every day his parents would go out in a little fishing boat to catch their supper. But one day, when the sun began to sink in the sky, Winkle’s parents did not return. Winkle sat in the sand on the beach, watching the sun dip below the waves, looking for his parents’ boat. It did not come.
    “That’s strange,” Winkle said to himself. “I wonder if they lost their way.”
    Winkle was a resourceful boy, and he decided that he would go and ask every creature he met if they had seen his parents. He stood, brushed the sand from his tunic, and walked into the forest.
    The first...

Writing for Children Competition 2017

Winkle and the Window

The first...

Writing for Children Competition 2017

Winkle and the Window

The first...

1 Photo, 100 Words

Black and Blue

Black and blue. The colors of bruises and sleepless nights. The colors of bottomless oceans and the dark circles under my eyes. I survey the room; black and blue are all I see. The unyielding blue of aquarium tanks, almost masked by inky silhouettes. I shiver. With this crowd, the room should not be so cold. Maybe I am the only one who feels the chill. I step forward and rest my head on the glass. I can no longer see black, only blue. Without its counterpart, it appears shapeless. Bland. Maybe we need black to help define the blue.      

Laika's 69 Likes

The Taste of Duty by alabaanna

Published 2 days ago

Hello? by Johanna

Published 6 days ago

A Midnight Exchange by Isla-Grace Davies

Published 9 months ago

world in flames by Isla-Grace Davies

Published 6 days ago

The Assassin by Marerider

Published 10 days ago

Sadie: Scars by novelistinthedark

Published 9 months ago

Age by novelistinthedark

Published 11 days ago

Stars by SophieY

Published 19 days ago

Would You Rather? by camlily

Published 11 days ago

what do you want by Ameliorated18

Published 4 months ago

Future by sasha.gemini

Published 19 days ago

Writing by sasha.gemini

Published 12 days ago

Starve by hk47isme

Published 12 days ago

Character Creator by -Foxmillionaire-

Published 2 months ago

Do You Want to be Mentioned? by Kaitlyn ❄

Published about 1 month ago

The Dark by Nonny2101

Published 16 days ago

Just stop by Sentenced

Published 16 days ago

Midnight Stroll by RainAndSonder

Published 21 days ago

Dear Future by ariadne_1246

Published about 1 month ago

The Death of Vivi Lake (5) by 1NVIS1BL3

Published 2 months ago

The Death of Vivi Lake (6) by 1NVIS1BL3

Published about 1 month ago

the truth of pain by Amber. Marie

Published about 2 months ago

Repetition by Opened_Mind

Published about 2 months ago

Where Arrogance Grows by Amber. Marie

Published 4 months ago

A conversation by Amber. Marie

Published 3 months ago

raven by Amber. Marie

Published 4 months ago

Fizzle by Amber. Marie

Published about 2 months ago

The Death of Vivi Lake (4) by 1NVIS1BL3

Published 2 months ago

The Death of Vivi Lake (3) by 1NVIS1BL3

Published 2 months ago

The Death of Vivi Lake (2) by 1NVIS1BL3

Published 2 months ago

Untitled by 1NVIS1BL3

Published 2 months ago

Remember? by RainAndSonder

Published 3 months ago

An excerpt from my novel by Kahasai

Published 3 months ago

​Soldier Queen by Riley Noel

Published 3 months ago

The Path of the Conquerer by Rae A

Published 2 months ago

Psychedelic by M^h

Published 2 months ago

Terra by Starchild

Published 2 months ago

Future by LyraLynne

Published 2 months ago

Hiding in the Dark by Hayden:)

Published 2 months ago

Kingdom's Maask by Bethia Maria

Published 3 months ago

Foster Sister by Bethia Maria

Published 2 months ago

Things To Do At Midnight by Laika

Published 10 months ago

Of Mirrors And Monsters by Athena Centauri

Published 3 months ago

I'll Always Be Here by omocats@icloud.com

Published 3 months ago

Gifted by Jolenify

Published about 1 year ago

Have Mercy by M. Elyse Lynch

Published 3 months ago

The Monster in Me by LyraLynne

Published 3 months ago

The Hunt by M. Elyse Lynch

Published 4 months ago

Summer by M. Elyse Lynch

Published 4 months ago

When Gods Fight: Chapter One by Lee Fudge

Published 4 months ago

The Raven Mask by Kahasai

Published 4 months ago

Featured Writer (#5) by Kaitlyn ❄

Published 4 months ago

​One With the Wind by Laika

Published 4 months ago

​Unafraid by Norah

Published over 1 year ago

Tomorrow by Laika

Published 6 months ago

Winkle and the Window by Laika

Published 11 months ago

Chapter One: Graveyard by Laika

Published 6 months ago

Chapter One: Graveyard by Laika

Published 6 months ago

Runaway by Rosie.

Published 7 months ago

The Face by Laika

Published 11 months ago

Mara Bennett by casual.ties

Published 7 months ago

Chapter One: Graveyard by Laika

Published 7 months ago

Snow by Laika

Published 11 months ago

Kill It before It Lays Eggs by J.

Published over 1 year ago

Lucy the real-life princess by Rosie.

Published 12 months ago

30 Likes from Others

Dealing With Character Deaths

Liked by 12 people

My Graveyard

Liked by 2 people

Winkle and the Window

Liked by 17 people

​One With the Wind

Liked by 18 people

Stand Out

Liked by 5 people

Shadowwrath: Part I

Liked by 2 people

Shadowwrath: Part I

Liked by 1 person

You

Liked by 3 people

A Cordial Note

Liked by 6 people

Midnight Musing

Liked by 8 people

Hermes's Day Off

Liked by 7 people

Chapter One: Graveyard

Liked by 15 people

Losing

Liked by 4 people

You

Liked by 7 people

Tomorrow

Liked by 28 people

You

Liked by 2 people

Sun

Liked by 8 people

Accusation

Liked by 4 people

Black and Blue

Liked by 3 people

Things To Do At Midnight

Liked by 4 people

The Knave

Liked by 2 people

Things To Do At Midnight

Liked by 5 people

Burgundwen

Liked by 3 people

Chapter One: Graveyard

Liked by 7 people

Tomorrow

Liked by 2 people

Winkle and the Window

Liked by 5 people

Chapter One: Graveyard

Liked by 4 people

The Face

Liked by 4 people

Snow

Liked by 4 people

Good neighbor

We like your photo and your biography.

Earned 4 months ago

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned 11 months ago

Follower

You're following over five other writers.

Earned 4 months ago

Supporter

You're following over 10 other writers right now.

Earned 2 months ago

Admirer

You've followed over twenty other writers!

Earned 11 days ago

Leader

You're being followed by over five other writers!

Earned 11 months ago

Super star

You've got SO many followers - more than thirty!

Earned 5 months ago

Power writer

Do you ever sleep? You've written over TEN THOUSAND WORDS.

Earned 2 months ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned over 1 year ago

Prolific

You really are prolific - you've published over ten pieces already.

Earned 4 months ago

Favoriter

Love your work - you've read and favorited over ten pieces published by others

Earned 11 months ago

Popular penman

Very nicely done - you've got over ten favorites.

Earned 6 months ago

Best seller

Congratulations! You have over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces.

Earned 4 months ago

Reviewer

You've reviewed!

Earned 11 months ago

Competitor

Thanks for entering a competition.

Earned 12 months ago

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Patron inactive

Become a patron of writers - follow over thirty of them.

Pro reviewer inactive

Submit over five reviews and get that Pro Reviewer feeling.

Top critic inactive

Submit over fifteen reviews and you'll be a top critic.