Suri Purefoy

"Step into a scene and let it drip from your fingertips." MJ Bush
Be the person you can only be. Write what only you can write. Never look back. You have something that you and only you can put into the world. So don't hold it back. Let it shine!

Any feedback, comments, notes, or corrections are warmly welcomed and will be greeted with a big smile and an appreciative hug.

Suri

Peer Reviews

Goodbyes

PROMPT: Poetry and Spoken Word Competition 2020

I really love this piece. It's raw, deep, personal, and absolutely gorgeously poetic. The rhythm of your poem was done really well, a song-like structure to it. Great job!

4 months

"Are You Okay?"

I absolutely loved this— your air of confidence and surety, knowing that having a physical relationship with a guy really is about BOTH of you. Not just him, not just you. And that we all need to have that compassion towards each other, especially when in relationships, and just stop and ASK. It's empowering! Thank you for sharing this! Keep up the great writing! and I hope everything goes well with you and your man. :) -Suri

about 2 years

Where I'm From

PROMPT: Where I'm From

Sincerely, I really loved this piece. It was sad and sweet, twisting those two together to make a gorgeous, heart-warming piece. Great job! Keep writing, I can't wait to read more of your writing! -Suri

about 2 years

Paperback and Dust Jacket

PROMPT: Paint Swatch

I love what you did for this prompt. It's new and exciting and just absolutely stunning! The transition of paperback, dustjacket, and hardbound; beautiful! it flows so smoothly and every paragraph adding a whole new meaning and taste! Great job!

about 2 years

Homes Gone, They Travel On

Major kudos to you, my friend! This is an amazing, beautiful, and heart-wrenching piece! You are very talented! The way you piece words together, and fit your meaning into the "simply complex"paradox of feelings and senses took my breath away! I didn't realize the story was about deer until I read your comment underneath. Great job! It kept me wondering and gave a whole new meaning when they were deer, not humans(that was my misconception, sorry) Keep it up! -Suri =) (P.S. I think this would be a great piece to enter into the Environmental Writing contest that just opened— that is, if you would be interested. It's a great, deep take on nature! Great job!)

over 2 years

After All Of This

PROMPT: Songwriting Competition 2017

This is beautiful! Major kudos with the way you wrote it that it really could fit perfectly in a great play(one that I'd definitely go see!) Keep it up! You're amazing!

about 3 years

Mouse

Such a tender, sweet poem filled with the wonder and adventurous life a mouse lives. Gorgeous words, and graceful lines! Fantastic job! I hope to read more of your writing soon!

over 3 years

Ruminations

PROMPT: TV Pilot Competition 2017

Gorgeous job writing "Ruminations"! Keep it up!

over 3 years

Censored

PROMPT: Paradoxical Phrasing

This is a truly lovely piece! Filled to the brim with gorgeous adjectives, amazing abstract phrases, and inspiring truths. Keep it up! You're so very talented!! Suri

almost 4 years

I'll Hold Its Hand

PROMPT: All Talk

Such deep emotion and thought was put into this piece, it's amazing how spacious its gentle touch was! Thank you so, so, SO much, Madz Mac, for writing this beauty and for sharing it. I hope that you and your talent may be recognized and loved, for it truly is exquisite. Never stop writing— keep going! Suri

about 4 years

Metal Heart

Hi there, Jolenify! I just want to say thank you for writing, and publishing, this beautiful piece of artwork. Keep sharing your talent! You're amazing!

about 4 years

Moonlight Serenade

PROMPT: Historical Fiction Competition 2016

Simply saying, it was gorgeous! The emotion expressed through your words is touching. The story is so sweet! The love between Rita and Louis is so real! Keep writing! You are very, very talented! I can't wait to read more of your beautiful work! Suri

over 4 years

Flute

Flowing words, wonderful stanzas, a beautiful poem! Amazing job, Vani! Keep up the fantastic work!

over 4 years

Elephant’s Breath

Gorgeous story, filled to the brim with emotion of the salves and the sadness therein, the wonder and beauty of the exotic merchandise, and with a beautiful language and way of writing that I adore! I absolutely love your piece and everything in it! Keep writing! I can't wait to read more from the future of your skill! Suri

over 4 years

The Man You Didn't Help

Thank you so much for writing " The Man You Didn't Help"! I hope others will read this and ponder its gorgeous truth. You are a very talented writer and I hope to read more of your work! Suri

almost 4 years

Shoes to Die For

PROMPT: Fashion Journalism Competition 2015

If I were a publisher for a newspaper, I would definitely include this amazing article, "Shoes To Die For". In your use of words and language structure, the point of shoes and how serious a thing they are soaked in and gave the feeling of wanting to have an awareness of the world surrounding us. Discovering your incredible talent of writing and reading this wonderful piece was a delightful experience, and I hope to read more!

over 4 years

Never forget.

PROMPT: Time Traveler

A lovely poem, yet filled with the emotion of the past and present times of hardship. Your words went gracefully, and your inspirational messages are stacked high with expression. And amazing job writing such a beautiful piece in 10 minutes!

over 4 years

Friendship

PROMPT: Friendship Tweet

I like how you responded to the prompt, "Friendship Tweet", with such surety and understanding. Great job!

over 4 years

Wondering

Thought-provoking, gorgeous language, inspiring message, and an beautiful technique of writing!

over 4 years

A Query

I love your brilliant use of language, your stanzas, and the message your words portray. I sincerely look forward to reading more of your gallery of art work! Please keep writing, and never give up! I hope you have a wonderful day, Hanan!

over 4 years

dying weeds

PROMPT: Quartet

I really like your intake on the prompt, "Quartet"! With these four short details, you managed to create a life-springing character, and paint a fantastic picture of him! Great job!

over 4 years

Summer

PROMPT: Everyday Magic

Memorable and emotional, beautiful and delicious!

over 4 years

What's Wrong with this Mirror

PROMPT: Fissure

Hi, Abigail! I just wanted to say welcome, and congratulations on publishing your first piece! It's truly beautiful! Your words were subtle yet evoking, your tone was magnificent, and your story was amazing! Stupendous job! I can't wait to read more! And once again, Welcome!!!! Suri

over 4 years

A Far from Perfect Utopia

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

Inspirational and true.

over 4 years

Rain

PROMPT: Beats and Pulses

I wish I knew how to write out the sound of an awed whistle. Because that's what I would do for this magnificent piece of writing. Beautifully written and a charming work of art! I was awed and deeply touched. Truly exquisite! I hope to read more of your work soon!

over 4 years

December

PROMPT: Five Line Fiction

Mmmm. I could smell the hot cocoa and feel the soft flakes of snow slush down on me. I could almost see the Christmas decorations and hear the music in my ears. The emotion put into this piece really touched me and made me feel joyous, thinking back on how snow made so many dreadful days happy. Amazing work! Keep writing!

over 4 years

Black Boots, Red Umbrella

Touching, aspiring, and beautiful!

over 4 years

the girl with skinny jeans and big glasses

PROMPT: Quartet

Exquisite language, gorgeous descriptions, and a wonderful character! This is a beautiful piece of artwork! The way you explained your character is amazing, and I love the words you used that really brought her to life!

over 4 years

Why Are You Vegan?

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

I'm not that big on vegan-ism, so when I saw that title, I thought I kind of was like, "Sure. Why not?" I'm glad I read it. Your tone and words used are powerful and strong, holding firm against the opposing view. I love the quotes you used that supported your stated argument. You gave a very great insight on why you are vegan and why you would like others to become vegan. And though I'm not vegan, you gave me something to think about. Amazing job! I'm looking forward to reading more of your work! Suri

over 4 years

She

PROMPT: Quartet

This is a wonderful piece filled with emotion and beauty.

over 4 years

An Evening in Venice

This is gorgeous! The words used were threaded together so perfectly, the feelings were so strong, and the setting was real. Really, this is amazing! Please keep writing—you're fantastic!

over 4 years

Beauty Note

You did a really, really fantastic job writing this! It's a beautiful, truth-telling piece that touched me. Thank you for writing this!

over 4 years

The Mountain of Dreams

Truly beautiful! You a very talented writer that I hope to continue reading from. Keep going—never give up!

over 4 years

Monday Blues

Beautiful! Detailed in delicate verbs and intricate adjectives, full of wonderful words, and loaded with a creative and colorful idea. I really loved your piece, Caitlyn! Your unique amazing-ness in your writing stuns me every time. I really enjoyed how it was all in one paragraph, but perhaps splitting it into two or more might help the welcoming appearance(e.g....eagerness to start the day———She wanted to be able...)? I hope to continue reading your gorgeous pieces! Keep writing—you're amazing!

over 4 years

Their Ends

PROMPT: Quartet

I really would love to know more about all of these characters and what got them to this point in their lives. I love how all of them were at a heart-wrenching point in their lives—that really made me want to have known the character in person. If you ever write more about these characters, I am sure to be the first to read and love!

over 4 years

He

PROMPT: Quartet

Oh yes. This is good. I really love how you took on the challenge of this prompt and brought your character to life! The four details you chose to tell are simply marvelous! They told about him, but still left spots unexplored and questions to be sought! Amazing job!

over 4 years

Breath of Life

PROMPT: Six-Word Memoir

I really like your intake on the prompt "Six Word Memoir". In six words, you made a flood of possibilities of what this could mean. Great job!

over 4 years

No Tears Here

PROMPT: Everyday Magic

Beautiful!

over 4 years

Sounds of the City

PROMPT: Everyday Magic

This is an ice cream-licking, eye-tearing piece. The imagination you poured into your story really set it on fire! I love how you made everything so real, like you could feel that breeze, hear that sound, and smell that aroma.

over 4 years

My World

PROMPT: Your World in Three Senses

Hi Kallie! This is a wonderful piece that I really connected with and enjoyed reading! You're a great writer, and I hope to read more of your work!

over 4 years

A Day in the Life of an Ordinary Youth

PROMPT: YOUTHspeak

This is, simply stated, a wonderful piece! I love the stream of language that flows steadily through your words, that creates the imagery and feelings expressed. As I read I could smell the scents, feel the atmosphere, and ponder of what I do in my daily life. Thank you for writing this! It's a marvelous piece, and I hope to read more of your work! Suri

over 4 years

Do You Remember?

This truly is a beautiful piece, Aspen!

over 4 years

Humane

PROMPT: That Sort of Person

I really enjoyed this piece. Great job!

over 4 years

The Significance of Being There

over 4 years

Time is not on thou side

PROMPT: O’Clock

"Time is Not on Thou Side" is a marvelous piece, complete with the pleasures of Shakespeare's writing and characters, memorable lines, and the subject of time, all wrapped together in a tasty bundle! You did a truly wonderful job writing this! Keep it up!

over 4 years

Reality

Your way of writing and showing the relationship and feeling of the character are very, very real. Great job on this piece!

over 4 years

Far From Home

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

It gave me cold chills—not the horror-story kind, but the graceful and smooth, magic-fantasy, Popsicle-in-the-middle-of-summer kind. The last sentence reminded me of The Wizard of Oz but with your own amazing twist to it. I would love to read more to know what happened and what will follow. Beautiful!

over 4 years

Little Talks

PROMPT: FACT

I really love this piece, "Little Talks". The language was beautiful, and I just adore how you write; the way your words are so perfect, precise, unique, wondrous, and how they fit together so gorgeously. Your explaining of the cats' movements, appearance, and their purring, is absolutely amazing— so life-like! Amazing job!

over 4 years

Black Rose

This is really, truly beautiful! Your imagery is real, your stanzas professional, and the way you wrote it is gorgeous!

over 4 years

Petunia

Stewart, this piece of your writing is truly awesome! I love your wording and how you put everything together so perfectly. I wasn't expecting most of the events, but in the best way! It made it intriguing and left me wanting to know more, wanting to read more. You have successfully accomplished something that every writer wants to have. Great job!

over 4 years

The 10 Elements of Life

PROMPT: 0-9

Extremely creative. I just loved how you came up with all of these to work right in with the numbers. They're all lovely and very unique. Fantastic job!

over 4 years

Bright Things

PROMPT: Friendship Narrative Competition 2016

Niamh, This is such a beautiful, wonderful, heart-connecting piece. The words flow so smoothly. The emotions you portrayed were so real.

over 4 years

poetic sidenote 1

I absolutely love this poem! The feeling you portray, the words you use to describe, they're all beautiful.

over 4 years

Running

PROMPT: Flawed Memory

I could feel the sun shining, the grass between my toes, and the candy in my throat. You did an amazing job making this so real! Your language is explicate.

over 4 years

Seek

PROMPT: FACT

Your words are rich, your tone is marvelous, and it is beautiful! I really, really love this! Thank you for writing!

over 4 years

The Taste of Love

PROMPT: Improbable Flavor

Your vivid and lively words dance through the feelings expressed of love, and what you feel love is and what it is like. Beautiful!

over 4 years

You and I

"You and I" is a lovely poem, with beautiful descriptions, feelings, words, and relations. I really loved how you made it all run so smoothly, and how it I could really feel what the narrator was feeling throughout the poem.

over 4 years

The Blurry Street

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

I really, really like this! I like how you portrayed the scene and the character, even in just one paragraph. I really like your character choice on name(Slate)! Overall, this is a great piece!!!

over 4 years

Untitled

Hi there! I just wanted to say that this is a great piece of wrtiting you've got here! I eally like your idea and the way you wrote it, presented it, was amazing. Keep writing!

over 4 years

The Fate of Ikorov

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2015

Hanan, Practically every line spoken, even those of description, are definitely quote-worthy. Reading this was like reading one of the most memorable stories, one that everyone is or should quote and love, because of its divine beauty. Overall, this is beautiful, and something I want to read over and over again for the sweet, chocolate-melting-on-tongue emotions that I felt. Keep it up! You are amazing! Last thing, I want to thank you for writing a fantastic review on "One Night's Notice". That made me smile, think, and made my day all the better, 100%. Thank you for that! Have a great day and never stop writing! Suri

over 4 years

From Afar

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2015

Great, fantastic job! You did an amazing job writing this and keeping things running smoothly and gracefully. Your character has a bit of mysteriousness that makes me want to keep on reading and reading!

over 4 years

Mistral

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2015

This, overall, is a beautiful(yeah, I know I've said that a lot, but it's true!)piece. I want to know more, and can't wait to see how the story turns out!

over 4 years

Like a Droplet Seeking to Diverge into the Open Air

PROMPT: That Sort of Person

I really like how you turned the one-sentence explanatory, into one sentence, but found a way to put more in there! Yet you left it still very mysterious.

over 4 years

Killing Stars

PROMPT: Environmental Writing Competition 2015

This is beautiful! Keep writing, and I can't wait to read more!

almost 5 years

Architectural Atrocities

PROMPT: Poetry Writing Competition 2015

I absolutely love this!

almost 5 years

Touches

This is a beautiful piece, Grace. As I read each sentence I had to stop and think about it; it was so beautiful! Keep writing pieces like this; you are AMAZING!

about 5 years

Dessert Colors

This is really, really good! I love the way you described things!

about 5 years

Inside Your Eyes

I really, really like the message that you portray and the way you wrote things out.

about 5 years

Wild

PROMPT: WILD

This piece is great. I love the rhyming and tones you set, and I really adore your use in words and the descriptiveness of it all. It's fantastic!

about 5 years

Smudged

This is a true, lovely, LOVELY piece of art that I, if I could, hang in a museum for forever. It's beautiful and I adore the message you include. Thank you for writing this!

about 5 years

From the World, Removed. Into a New World, Placed.

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition 2015

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. This story is simply amazing. I love the story in general and the characters, but I really, really loved how there was so much imagery and how you explained things in such beautiful detail.

about 5 years

Warehouse Wandering

Oh, I love this! It is so incredible, David!

about 5 years

What I Saw

"Beautiful" is the only word I can think of that describes this piece of writing. It is truly beautiful!

about 5 years

The Hourglass Cage

This was so beautiful! I don't have much to say; the wonder still clings to me and there aren't enough words to express what I felt and loved about this piece. It was just so amazing! I adore the way you told things, the way you started with the owl, then began into the narrator's life and perspective. The words you used, the language, the way you explained things, it was all flowing so perfectly and beautifully.

about 5 years

A Foreigner in my Own World

This is a beautiful piece of writing! I absolutely adore your exquisite word choice and sentence structure. The way you lead into this makes it so I connected with it. Your writing of this piece made me reflect on myself. This writing is truly amazing!

about 5 years